The Official Minecraft Topic

Welp I done goofed at technic, jumped down a pump hole and died, yet that's not the problem. Y'see I'm stupid so I jumped down again with rubber boots and survived, then I found that pumps stop you from digging while in the same block as them, leaving me stuck.Literally got stuck there for almost forever, had to delete the map in the end.

Edited by The Invisible Noob

Ouch...I look forward to getting to the Engine Room of the airship, though, like I said, it's going to be a while before I go back there at all. Death does not appeal to me.In the meantime, I'm trying to distract myself with adventures while my Energy Condenser makes two more Klein Star Spheres so I can actually start in on making my Gem Armor. I've got everything but the KSO for the boots.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Bah, the complications are half the fun for me in Technic.If I can get another sample of the Alchemist's Explosive, I may make a cannon specifically designed to fire it. As it requires an explosion to trigger the explosive, it's going to have to use a double-fuel setup - one fuel block to set off the explosive, and then the normal fuel amount to launch it. It will also absolutely have to be a long-range cannon, unless I want to kill myself with it.I've also discovered that the Siege Castle I found is not a true Siege Castle, as it lacks an underground element - instead, it floats above the plains with stone and dirt dangling from the bottom of it. Cool, but less treasure-filled than a proper Siege Castle.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Bah, the complications are half the fun for me in Technic.If I can get another sample of the Alchemist's Explosive, I may make a cannon specifically designed to fire it. As it requires an explosion to trigger the explosive, it's going to have to use a double-fuel setup - one fuel block to set off the explosive, and then the normal fuel amount to launch it. It will also absolutely have to be a long-range cannon, unless I want to kill myself with it.I've also discovered that the Siege Castle I found is not a true Siege Castle, as it lacks an underground element - instead, it floats above the plains with stone and dirt dangling from the bottom of it. Cool, but less treasure-filled than a proper Siege Castle.
Which technic moderator is alchemists explosive from?

^ Equivalent Exchange is the one with the alchemist explosives.This is why I love this moderator: While caving, my game crashed. When I relogged, for some ungodly reason I was sitting in lava. All items, burned to a crisp.Back home, I get a fully charged Klein star ein out of a chest that I had been saving, and recover all my tools and armour. Heck yeah.The only downside is I have to start collecting the energy for my current project all over again, but its better than running around naked.

Edited by Artezza Trigger

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

Klein Star Ein? Hah! I have a Drei now I think. Working towards the next gen.

Edited by Game Master Alex Humva

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Yeah, but you've been using this pack far longer :P

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

^ Equivalent Exchange is the one with the alchemist explosives.This is why I love this moderator: While caving, my game crashed. When I relogged, for some ungodly reason I was sitting in lava. All items, burned to a crisp.Back home, I get a fully charged Klein star ein out of a chest that I had been saving, and recover all my tools and armour. Heck yeah.The only downside is I have to start collecting the energy for my current project all over again, but its better than running around naked.
Incorrect. The Alchemist's Explosive is from Millenaire, and is obtained in one of the final Creation Quest missions in the service of the Alchemist Vif-argent. Used properly, it can blow a hole clear through the bedrock - to complete the mission for which that is required, you then have to look into the void. The easiest way to do that is to take a Mo Creatures Black Pegasus and just fly around in the gaping hole through the world.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

^ My mistake. I was thinking of the Nova catalyst.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

Please do, I so want to see that in action.When I build my giant dimensional portal to Technic 1.3 I'll be sure to record it.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

I likewise would love to see the Dragon go down under the merciless pressure applied by a pogo stick. In both absurdity and awesomeness, it easily tops using a Weapons moderator cannon on an Eldritch Tree (which was mainly funny because the tree, still living, dropped into the crater, ending up with only a bit of the top above ground).

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Pogo sticks are now lethal weapons. You heard it here first, folks.Speaking of Eldritch things, the Thaumcraft monoliths seem to be different in this version to the one I've tried before...I've found one monolith on its own, but then I found another that was made up of almost four (the last is missing a piece or two) with a little platform in the center...and seems to be making cthulu mind noises when I'm around it.The ones I've used in the newer thaumcraft were mostly vaults that could be unlocked, with some sort of energy generation to effect to them. How do these older ones work? Can't seem to find much information...Edit: And theres yet another single one nearby.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

The Ancient Obelisks in Thaumcraft are different from the Eldritch Monoliths in Thaumcraft 2, yes. The thing in the center of the clusters of four is an Obsidian Altar, upon which you can, if you like, place a Vis Condenser to draw energy from the air and produce Vis Crystals. Obviously, the more obelisks you have around it, the faster it will produce the Crystals. I have mine empty into an Ender Chest so I can dump them into my Crucible when I need fast fuel for various acts of Lovecraftian thaumaturgy.I'm using the Obelisks and an Altar to decorate my basement. The obelisks are positioned around the room, in the walls, offset by one into the floor. The Altar is in the center, with my Transmutation Tablet upon it. When black lightning arcs to the Altar from every obelisk in the room, it's really quite nice.CAUTION: Use a Destruction Catalyst to dismantle the Obelisks from the top down, one block at a time, unless you want them to blow up in your face. Re-assemble them from the ground up, in the proper order, unless, again, you actually want an explosion.---Speaking of Thaumcraft stuff, I am beginning to experiment with symbols and runes. I have a tower at the top of my house which will serve as the central hub for my Void Symbol portal network, and further research may lead me to use more symbols for various applications around my house.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I'm going start work on a tower, actually. Preferably made of marble, it'll serve as a nice place incase my walls are ever breached by baddies.Am I the only person who finds the Transmutation Table most useful for mass producing building supplies and making food?

voidstars.png

^ I made tons of marble when I was constructing my home with the tablet, and for rubber wood and copper to make cables, so no. I've moved onto the condenser for food, though.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

I use the Tablet for quick procurement of needed goods, and for popping a low-charge Klein Star Sphere in there while the Condenser is busy. Lately I've been making Diamond Blocks on it, and feeding them into the Condenser - though I stopped that and decided to just wait things out a bit.My tower, like 90% of my house, is obsidian. No roof, but a bit of floating glowstone over it. Each of the four arches will eventually connect to a different portal network. As my walls cannot be breached*, my tower runs less on defense principles and more on Rule of Cool.*Cannot be breached by mobs. Were I to set a nuke off by the wall, the wall would crumble.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

At the moment my mighty marble stone tower is basically just practicality. When the time comes, I'll make an obsidian fortress of doom. Obsidian and basalt, actually.

voidstars.png

See, my main house has gone through interesting transformations.Stage 1: A rubber tree with a 1x1x2 hollow in it. Expanded, eventually, to a 3x3x2 space with a torch.Stage 2: Cobblestone hut attached to the base of a rubber tree.Stage 3: Ogre-devastated mess.Stage 4: Obsidian hut.-Stage 4a: Added Enchanting room.-Stage 4b: Added glass-roofed IC room-Stage 4c: Added basement-Stage 4d: Added EE room-Stage 4e: SO MANY OGRESStage 5: Obsidian wall around everything. Suck it, ogres.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Gah! You guys are making me crazy with all this Technic talk, I may have to actually break down and try this, even though I kind of just want to wait for a stable post-1.3 update. :P

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Trust me, if you're waiting for post-1.3 stable Technic, you're going be waiting a long time. 1.3 is throwing the modding community into fits, due to the massive changes in the code and all. It's going be a while before all the mods in Technic update. I put it somewhere in October.

voidstars.png

A little message concerning my server.A "honorary member" class will be added. and upon the release of our official website, all current administrators who are not helping the finance of the server shall be demoted too it.if you wish to remain an administrator then you're going to have to pay. $4AUD a month.this will not take effect till our website is launched.Also I'm not visiting BZPower any more. so this will be my last post here.

Limbo is switching servers! Please calm you Lava producing farms... Christ.

"This will be my finest hour!" - Fulgrim The Phoenician

"There is a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life" - Leonard Church

"Pinkie Pie Style" - Pinkie Pie

"Oh I know what the Ladies like" - Sgt. Avery Johnson

"I'm A madman with a box! Without a box!" - The Doctor

So I figured you peeps may want to see my world and all that, so I took some pictures for you guys. Linked for those who have shoddy connections.[Pic] [Pic]We start at my geothermal storage center. It needs to be reinforced against ogre attacks at the moment, but it does its job well so far. Recently hit a massive lava pool, so that's why it's all filled up.[Pic]My nether portal. Not much exciting.[Pic]Geothermal hotline.[Pic]The gates to my fortress.[Pic]This is where I live, pretty cool. There's several layers, so as to ward off ogres.[Pic] [Pic]There's a lot going on here. To the left, we have my recycling system. My mining with a destruction catalyst gives me a lot of cobble, so I stick it in here. The recycler has five overclocker upgrades, so as to keep up with the cobble stream. The pipe pulling cobble from the chest has two redstone engines tied to it, when I get a better energy storage device I'll increase it to three and stick more overclocker upgrades on the recycler. Redstone engines never blow up when powering something, so I can safely run them in the red. Hidden next to the recycler is an extractor, then from there we have three induction furnaces and three macerators. I hope to upgrade to six one day so I can do full cooking batches at once. The macerators have five overclocker upgrades each. Off to the righthand corner we have a LV solar panel powering a compressor.[Pic]The recycling system. I turned off the minimap so you guys could get a better look. Pretty basic stuff, the scrap goes to an autobench, the scrap boxes go to a dispenser, which shoots into an obsidian pipe and into the chests. I pop down every now and then to grab stuff and shove it into my antimatter relay.[Pic]A close up of the solar panel. I am totally the greenest villian ever.[Pic]This is where I live live. Not much, just a chest full of junk over there with a bed and workbench over to the left.[Pic] [Pic]My storage room with a transmutation tablet. Loooots of stuff.[Pic] [Pic]My antimatter relay. It's four Mark II energy collectors tied around the Mark II relay, constantly lit by the jacks ontop of them, giving them full power day and night. No clue how much it produces, but I think it's about one eighth of my Drei.Alrighty, I think that's it.

Edited by Game Master Alex Humva

voidstars.png

I may be posting some pictures of my little fort once my basement is done, but certainly not before that. The visual effect doesn't quite work if it isn't completely there.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

How would I go about setting up a Walls match?I want to make my own map, because everyone's seen the original and that makes it boring. It probably wouldn't have a clock display so as to avoid lag, probably something simple like an hourglass hooked up to a non-display clock.:w:

I've no idea whatsoever.What I do know is that I'm presently in love with my Thaumic home defense system. It's a bit rudimentary - just a Lapis symbol (push mobs away) and an Ice symbol (slow them down), but I've hooked both of them up to nodes attached to Thaumium Crucibles, so they can pack a bit more punch, and the Lapis symbol has just pushed a passing scorpion up a tree and is holding it in the tree.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Well, I just got done conquering two siege castles/towers (one was a fort, one was a tower), got some absolutely amazing loot out of it. Mostly diamond blocks, but lots of iron, gold, disks, etc. Pretty cool really. This was all due to an exploration quest to get an ender pearl, something I have not yet gotten.

voidstars.png

I stumbled into an obsidian maze somewhere to the west recently. The entrance was some sort of sphinx-ish head. Very nearly starved to death down there because I forgot to stock up on food, until I found a zombie spawner. There was some explosion effect occuring periodically but couldn't find the cause. Came back later with my Diamond Pickaxe in an attempt to find the cause, accidentally tunneled through the floor when I wasn't paying attention and dropped into a chamber with a lava pool and some demon hound, with what looked like fire silverfish around the area. Had to rebound the monsters fireballs back at it until it finally died, at which point the chamber began to fill with lava. Thankfully a staircase had generated behind me leading back to the surface, along with a chest that had 42 diamonds and a golden apple. Used the Obsidian I harvested earlier to pretty up the area around the altar and obelisks nearby.Theres also some sort of fortress near the area, but I haven't gone near it yet.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

Ah yes, I have a sphinx maze as well. Haven't beaten it yet, but I imagine with my nanoarmor, I'm more than a match for the boss.I'm currently just derping around and making an obsidian/basalt pillar chamber, possibly to use as a storage chamber for obelisks in the future. Right now I have a pretty little chamber beneath my house with four obelisks and a pedestal.

voidstars.png

I stumbled into an obsidian maze somewhere to the west recently. The entrance was some sort of sphinx-ish head. Very nearly starved to death down there because I forgot to stock up on food, until I found a zombie spawner. There was some explosion effect occuring periodically but couldn't find the cause. Came back later with my Diamond Pickaxe in an attempt to find the cause, accidentally tunneled through the floor when I wasn't paying attention and dropped into a chamber with a lava pool and some demon hound, with what looked like fire silverfish around the area. Had to rebound the monsters fireballs back at it until it finally died, at which point the chamber began to fill with lava. Thankfully a staircase had generated behind me leading back to the surface, along with a chest that had 42 diamonds and a golden apple. Used the Obsidian I harvested earlier to pretty up the area around the altar and obelisks nearby.Theres also some sort of fortress near the area, but I haven't gone near it yet.
Wow...You just accidentally conquered the Egyptian-themed dungeon from Better Dungeons.That's like flying a cargo plane over Germany in 1939 when something malfunctions and you drop a piano on Hitler.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I on the otherhand took the easy route; I tunneled in, and used the invincibility that is the nanosuit to kill the ****beast and survive for several minutes submerged in lava trying to find a way out.If the nanosuit is this OP, I can't even imagine what the quantumsuit is like.

voidstars.png

Hmm. I really want to find one of those dungeons, simply because a boss that is impervious to direct attack sounds kind of fun.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Meanwhile in the world of Hack/Mine I recently collected a wand that has a poison effect, along with total damage 10-12 and a defense of 23 of my total stats so far, that and I'm exploring the wilds of a mushroom biome I found right after spawning.

I'm just ToaD

Is there a way to increase the amount of Vis in a given area? I tried moving some obelisks closer to my home for the sake of convenience, but it no longer seems my condenser is collecting Vis from them. This puzzles me because the area around my home has always had Thaumic monsters spawn around it, even before I started making Thaumic items. I know you can manipulate the amount of vis in an area in Thaumcraft 2, but I'm not sure about the old version...

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

Do you have a pedestal near your obelisks?

voidstars.png

If you mean the altar for placing the condsenser on top of, yes.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~