The Official Minecraft Topic

Hmm. I guess just let it sit there for a little while, the obelisks don't give a consistent power flow.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Technic decided to update itself without me telling it to. I reverted back before any damage was done, but now my achievements have been reset. This annoys me because I was using the achievement changes to see how far I was progressing with it :/Edit: Scratch the no damage part, all my waypoints were erased.

Edited by Artezza Trigger

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

Yeah, thats what it turned out to be. It started to work after a short time.Things seem to keep breaking today, though...nei decided to stop working, and when I restarted the game it only got worse. Now when I open my inventory I can't see any of my items. Every space looks blank.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

Did you make any world backups prior to this?I do so every other day or so.Also, my Technic adventures have ground to a hault. Currently just building up EMC, for a very slow ladder to an Alchemical Tome, just so I can transmute an ender pearl, because endermen refuse to spawn for me.

Edited by Game Master Alex Humva

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

^ Its called "Too Many Items". I believe "Not Enough Items" has the same thing.Taking a break from the Technic Pack to mess around with the 1.3 prerelease:Mining Ice with Silk Touch is oddly satisfying.The new structures are nice, used MCedit to copy them into my main world and am revamping them for no particular reason.The random pet teleporting still hasn't been fixed, finally gave up and have started slaughtering the multitudes of animals that I had strategically placed around the map.Chunk errors in singleplayer are proving to be annoying.There doesn't seem to be much if any slowdown after the engine was rewritten.Set off a massive amount of tnt, the game didn't freak out like it used to before, which is nice.Overall, satisfied. I feel sorry for the modding community though...Its going to explode even more than normal after tomorrow with all the update begging...Edit: Also, Emerald blocks=GOIGEOUS. I love this thing.

Edited by Artezza Trigger

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

I'm digging through the forums looking for the gamemods and tools I want BEFORE the update happens and buries everything. :PDoes anyone else here play Vechs' Super Hostile maps? Should I play them in order, or go off of the "difficulty grade" given to each map?

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

So, I've decided, after sitting around in Technic doing little, to restart with a 1.2.5 technic world. It may not be the most stable but it should work, and hopefully bring back that sense of adventure and finding new items that got me started on my Technic craze.It'll be painful building back up to my destruction catalyst though.

voidstars.png

So I've been trying out build... 7, I believe it is, of Technic. I must say, while the Thaumcraft 2 and updated mods are cool, I can't say I'm happy with Not Enough Items being axed, seeing as it was how I found recipes. Now I have to internet-surf to find the recipes, not always an easy task.

voidstars.png

No clue, I'll have to check. I selected the latest stable version for 1.2.5 though.

voidstars.png

I'm digging through the forums looking for the gamemods and tools I want BEFORE the update happens and buries everything. :PDoes anyone else here play Vechs' Super Hostile maps? Should I play them in order, or go off of the "difficulty grade" given to each map?
I do, and I would suggest playing Sunburn Islands first. It is the best way to jump into the series. Just make sure you do the dungeons in order or you are dead. :P

I've just completely given up on it. I have, however, been investigating a possibility of using my friend's private server as a hangout for BZPers. He's getting a new computer with a whopping 12 gigs of RAM so it'll be able to handle the extra load. Main problem will be if he can get it to work without Hamachi.

voidstars.png

I was in the process of setting up a Tekkit server before my computer borked, so I'm considering letting BZPers use it on an invitational basis once it's fixed and I can install the RAM upgrade. I'll say this now, though: since I host it off of my home computer and the IP is thus my home IP Address, if you give out the IP and I find out you will be permabanned without any hope of having it lifted.

Edited by Ddude the Insane

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

Are you afraid of getting hacked or someone finding out what city you live in? 0.oBecause if it's the first, yeah, knowing your IP would be useful, but hardly opening the gates and going "COME BREAK INTO MY COMPUTER". It'd be less opening the gates and more knowing where the gates are.Besides, you give out your IP address everytime you connect to a Minecraft server.

voidstars.png

It's the latter; although part of it is just wanting to have anyone on the server screened for the possibility of griefing. Yeah, I know. And forums and every website I go to :P That's different, because I know my IP is given to sites when I visit, so I'm careful where I go. But if someone gives out the IP, I can't control who's given the information.

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

I permaquit when I found out that my deep underground base (which was connected to TechnoCake's underground home, no less) was completely raided and griefed. Limbo is dead to me, and apparently this place is dead to Nav. I say we go our separate ways.Ddude, would our mutual friends (you know of which site I speak) be allowed on the server? Because really, the biggest thing I'm looking for in a Minecraft server right now is a place to hang out and chat with MTM.Speaking of Tekkit/the Technic Pack, I just installed it today. It. Is. Awesome. Though Taint is SO annoying; I spawned right next to a natural Taint zone, and I've spent basically all of my time trying to contain it with cobblestone and wood planks, so I don't lose ALL of the dirt and stone and iron and such in the area. It's particularly annoying underground, though at least the IndustrialCraft and RedPower ores are unaffected.A tip: the War Hammer from MoWeapons is REALLY quick at breaking Taint blocks, so if you want to beat back Taint (say, to mine out nearby ores without interference), that's the one to use.

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Yeah, I still need to contain the taint that is ever so surely creeping its way to my house.Currently dabling in a bit of research, trying to gather enough diamond for a diamond pick. Got trolled with a deposit of two.

voidstars.png

Well recently nav has really angered me in which I will need the best reason to go onto the server again, and thanks to the update I have lost my hack/mine world... and now I'm in the work of purchasing a server for myself and friends so I'll let you guys know of the process in due time, but for now I'll need a break...well until optifine goes to 1.3.

I'm just ToaD

So I've gone and checked my Technic version; it's 7.2. I checked the moderator list, it has NEI. However, the NEI interface doesn't seem to be appearing for me. Do I need to press a button to activate it?

voidstars.png

Yeah, you have to press "o", it the default key for TooManyItems as well. ;)If I manage to successfully harvest a rubber tree sapling, can I plant it in a snow biome; that is, will it actually grow properly? I finally found a group of rubber trees, but they're threatened by Taint. >_>

I pressed O, nothing happened.And yes, I have a grove in my snowy home.

voidstars.png

Hmm...try a few different keys, then, one of them should open NEI.

Tried every alphabetical key, currently trying others. Nada.

voidstars.png

You may have to manually edit something in the preference files, then, there may be some sort of conflict.Oh, and you have to press the button while you have your normal inventory open. Yeah, I probably should have mentioned that sooner. :PWhat's the minimum amount of material I'll need to get a macerator running? I need to know how much of this ore I'm finding to smelt and how much to save.

I already knew that part, thank you very much. :P I believe, after further review, that the problem is that I'm not logged in. Which is buggersome, because I can't log in on this compy.I'd give it a full stack of copper, tin, iron, and a handful of rubber and redstone.

voidstars.png

So the server is temporarily a Creative world? It's gonna be blown up, guaranteed.

This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

Cool. Say, I'm getting close to having a Quaesitum--all I need is the gold. There's a small obsidian structure within swimming distance of my base--should I build up a small island there, or do obsidian obslisks do nothing for the Quaesitum?

They do nothing for the Quaesitum, research is pretty much Vis independent.Btw, are you playing with Thaumcraft or Thaumcraft 2? 2 would be in the 1.2.5 version of Technic, and it doesn't have obisidian obelisks, it has eldritch obelisks, which are different.

voidstars.png

Interesting...I'm pretty sure this is Thaumcraft 2, which means this is something different. I'll grab a screenshot after dinner.

So the server is temporarily a Creative world? It's gonna be blown up, guaranteed.
I think we can apply past tense to that now, a player called mushbuilder has just tnt'd the place.edit= it's a temp map apparently, so guess it's ok then Edited by The Invisible Noob

Easiest way to tell is, is the monolith being creepy and floating off the ground, or is it just a boring old obsidian pillar?

voidstars.png

I think we can apply past tense to that now, a player called mushbuilder has just tnt'd the place.edit= it's a temp map apparently, so guess it's ok then
Mushbuilder is still griefing the place? I swear, he must have the absolute most boring life out there to keep coming back to the same place...I login occasionally but I haven't built anything since finishing my home. Its just not worth putting effort into the palce.Whats different in the latest version of the Technic Pack/is Rei's minimap still part of it? Thinking about creating a new world, since I've gotten kind of bored with my current one, plus its been glitching like crazy since the last time I posted. Edited by Artezza Trigger

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

The only mods I've noticed that aren't present are... hrm, I can only think of the villager moderator right now. Honestly haven't noticed much else missing, and Thaumcraft 2 is hilariously fun.

voidstars.png

If thats the case, I might as well upgrade. Never found Millenaire all that interesting, to be honest.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

The quests were cool, but yeah, I'm not shedding many tears over its loss. It'll prolly be back anyways.

voidstars.png

Easiest way to tell is, is the monolith being creepy and floating off the ground, or is it just a boring old obsidian pillar?
It's floating in the water, and upon closer inspection it's not obsidian at all, it looks almost like a liquid. Is there such a thing as oil in the Technic pack?Also, I'm prepping to build a teleport pipe for a geothermal generator, since my spawn zone is literally next to a basalt volcano. ^_^ Infinite power...as soon as I have enough Diamond to establish some basic set-up gear. Blasted Taint getting into my mines and eating my Vanilla ores! >:-(