The Official Minecraft Topic

I don't get why Nav is so unconcerned with this. Then again, they pay for the server hosting or something, so that may be why they get free reign. :-/I will say in favor of Demonbaby that, when he's seriously trying to improve an area, he does a pretty good job. It's not that he's a bad builder, and in chat he seems pretty chill, but I'm just not comfortable with him having moderator powers.

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Lol at Artezza being all martyrly and such. :DAlso yeah, DB and Bush are probably in cahoots. He accused me of being the griefer, and I don't even have OP. And I was trying to protect my house from griefers, but he decides I'm griefing my own house and kills me 5 times. And then Nav throws me in jail.

banner.jpg

yeah i'm done with the server til the rogue mods are gone. there's no point in establishing a home if it's just going to be destroyed by some ##### right after.i honestly think that if there's any BZPers with moderator powers, they should ban them without question. i do believe it's possible to ban them without them being online, so just do it anyway whether or not they're there.

This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

Welp we've been griefed more.Usually I hate issuing ultimatums like this as they often sound like lame emo whining but, if things don't drastically improve on this server tomorrow I'm leaving.Never have I seen people so shamelessly abuse their authority on minecraft like bushy and demonbaby, I strongly advise all who read this to abandon Carthage as soon as possible before they tear down your house too.

Edited by The Invisible Noob

They're tearing down everyone's houses now?Yeah. Nav, something MUST be done about this, or I foresee an empty ghost server in the future.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

I've moved all my stuff far away from spawn, but at this rate its just not worth it anymore. People are dropping off the server like flys and it seems we were even invaded today.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

If the server has come to this, then I will abandon it with the rest. While I won't say that BZPers are wholly innocent in the mess, their part in it is more sporadic - for example, testing out the /nuke command (inadvertently making me aware of the fact that it could apparently be targeted on specific players) than any sort of concerted effort to screw with the players.The official mods get no such concessions from me. Vincster and Darkwolf I respect as competent, responsible moderators - as I respected Fullmetal, before he was banned for the crimes of another. Josh, while his knowledge of server commands seemed lacking, seemed to have good intentions and was, if nothing else, pleasant to the players. Other moderators were indifferent, but those who have free reign now I hold in contempt. While it is true that the Golden Rule has always applied on this server - that those with the money do and have always made the rules - I thought, for a time, that the simple laws of capitalism - laws saying that, if you build it, they will come and praise your vision, and if you wreck it, they will scorn you and leave - would give them, if not a sense of humility and responsibility, then the prudence to pretend that they had such.This is not the case, as shown by their recent actions. There is nothing I can do on the server that I cannot do better offline, and so I will save myself the trouble of dealing with those who believe that might makes right, and, for the time being, will restrict my activities to single-player.To those who conducted themselves honorably on the server, I thank you for sharing in our great endeavors, apologize for my often choleric ranting, and wish you luck.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

techno, zok, toad, atom and i moved away and it's been great so far.what we found out today is that the moderator griefer was daniel but nav said it won't happen again.also, billi goes under the name "weasel123abc". he's banned but just so you know he goes under different names. we had another problem with "aidanman6379" or something like that, who griefed iR's house.i will make my server on hamachi, but i'll try to keep it private. let me know if you want to join.

Thanks for years of fun, BZP. You made me happy as a child.
Wanna know how FC2 was gonna end/FC3 was gonna play out? Check my deviantART and my Brickshelf.

techno, zok, toad, atom and i moved away and it's been great so far.what we found out today is that the moderator griefer was daniel but nav said it won't happen again.also, billi goes under the name "weasel123abc". he's banned but just so you know he goes under different names. we had another problem with "aidanman6379" or something like that, who griefed iR's house.i will make my server on hamachi, but i'll try to keep it private. let me know if you want to join.
Moved away from the server or moved away from carthage?

Moved away from the server or moved away from carthage?
carthage.

Wanna know how FC2 was gonna end/FC3 was gonna play out? Check my deviantART and my Brickshelf.

I need to know if someone will take a hit for the good of the server. You may be banned after. But I'll try and get you back on.Please PM me.

Limbo is switching servers! Please calm you Lava producing farms... Christ.

"This will be my finest hour!" - Fulgrim The Phoenician

"There is a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life" - Leonard Church

"Pinkie Pie Style" - Pinkie Pie

"Oh I know what the Ladies like" - Sgt. Avery Johnson

"I'm A madman with a box! Without a box!" - The Doctor

Seems I've stumbled right into a fine mess. From the sound of it I perhaps should stay away until this is all sorted one way or the other.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

There appears to have been some change in the circumstances on the server, so I guess I'm back on it.In news that's less baffling to me, my Technic-run enchanting room is finally finished. I might eventually make a thaumic enchanting room, but for now a vanilla enchanting room will do.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

By the ruins, do you mean my house? Not sure if there are other ruins, but I know I showed you those ruins.Carthage should improve once the griefers are forcibly ejected.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

i apologize for the world edit mistakes that happened yesterday. i'm never using world edit again, haha.carthage is the most popular of the villages, and therefore the most likely to be griefed. i suggest you guys spread out and make your own villages.and ibrow, you can never have a house that's too tall. :P

Also, Carthage is fast becoming a no-go zone to me.
Carthage should improve once the griefers are forcibly ejected.
Also note that, since my personal house is an easygoing, back-burner project, I'm currently devoting all of my online time to patch up instances of griefing whenever I find them--currently, I'm working on fixing the TNT damage in the desert near Carthage.I do want to ask--along with virtually EVERYONE else--that Nav post the old world save file somewhere for download. Just for the memories. ;-)Finally, an...

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

If you are storing your items in a chest protected by a [Protection] sign, BE SURE that the sign is on a block that CANNOT be pushed or pulled by pistons. MTM, Unit, and I discovered a rediculously simple method that can be used to break the Protection signs, but putting the signs on unmovable blocks will fix it. ;-)

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

so is the server still being griefed or what?i don't even want to run the risk of anything i build being found by mods who abuse their power.

This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

Theres still someone hacking into chests. I set up a chest, and the protection was removed. The only people online in that timeframe were Mickbuilder, Mushbuilder, originalskater, comander_shepherd (Edit: Innocent), and Strokk. Strokk also accused Mushbuilder of raiding.

Edited by Artezza Trigger

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

The place has been (relatively) repaired, but it probably won't stay that way for long. If there are still people living there, its suggested they move out, or risk their stuff being compromised.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

Added to the list of things to never do: spawn giant slimes.The server should be back to full function before too long. I squeezed a /butcher in there before it went down.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Added to the list of things to never do: spawn giant slimes.The server should be back to full function before too long. I squeezed a /butcher in there before it went down.
20 minutes and it's still down. i'm worried. :P

Wow, good thing I wasn't on when that happened. :oAnyway, second on the no spawning giant Slimes. It's been happening quite a lot.Also, thanks so much to Unit and his Redstone expertise on [REDACTED]. Let's hope no one figures out how to [REDACTED]. XDEDIT: Also, Nav, your inbox is full. Just FYI.

Edited by Totally Not P~M

banner.jpg

./spawnmob slime:120 was the command used. It got itself stuck on a cactus and then refused to die.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom