The Official Minecraft Topic

Any opinions on what mods I should get?

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

Well, the Technic Pack is fairly popular, and Optifine is a must.Meanwhile, does anyone have advice for putting arches on a curved structure?

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

For those who are interested (i.e. no one) I fixed my refinery problem by powering it with steam engines fueled with charcoal from my condenser. This is after pumping a volcano dry disappointingly quickly, so much so I'm beginning to lose faith in lava as an energy source.
Not interested in using the infinite lava source set up, then?
Charcoal is easier to get than the dark matter needed to make a volcanite amulet, yes it's not the more advanced option but at this point in time I'm looking for simplicity and a quick fix so I can start collecting and refining all that oil that's right in front of my house.Like just staring at me, begging to be pumped and put to use for ... whatever.
I went on Nav's server for the first time in months, and it's exactly as I left it. No TNT damage anywhere. Did Nav fix it?And it seems to never be online. Has even Nav abandoned it?
Considering how it's got now, yes he probably has.Sad really Edited by The Invisible Noob

Hey, quick question, do tainted crystals grow faster in high Aura zones or high Taint zones? Because I need to massfarm them to use with condensers so I have infinite renewable crystals.

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

High Taint zones are good for tainted crystals.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

You know what else is good for Tainted Crystals?A charged Klein Star, one Tainted Crystal, and a Transmutation Tablet if you have the ThaumCraft EMC add-on.My crystal farm at Lovecraft Base is pretty much just for show.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Same. I never would have had the patience to craft so many condensers and purifiers without that add-on. Renewed my interest in the moderator.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

Oh, just a DIAMOND SPOT!! =DSure; it's nothing amazing to all you, with your diamond houses and throwing diamonds at the wall to make Ender Dragons flee, but I'm only playing the demo, and this is my first Diamond block... Hopefully there's more than one. =D

Increases your FPS by a lot. Also adds tons of options to minimize everything on slower computers or make graphics uberfancy on faster ones- 512-block Extreme render distance, disabling ALL animation and particle effects, blinking mobs with the right texture pack, and lots of other options.>ninja'd by Blade.~Unit#phntk#1

Edited by Unit#phntk#1

There were 6 blocks of diamonds there. That was an amazing world; and I'm not going to delete it. If anything, just file it away. I was going to use it to poke at the time limit, but I was dying of hunger(What, I can't even eat when I'm like 5 seconds from dying? Thanks guys. >_>), and this was just too good a haul for me to even risk it. =PGonna put up a screenshot of my current inventory, not including the storage box, which just had common things. =PJust give me a few moments to upload the screenshots. =D/EDIT: And here they are. =D

Edited by XIII. Roxas

Optifine improves FPS, gives lots of visual options (contiguous grass textures, clear water, better clouds, turning weather on/off, turning swamp colors on/off, etc.), enables use of HD texture packs while being less fiddly than MCPatcher, can be used for easier moderator installation (though normal installation is honestly just fine), and, my favorite, gives a zoom option, enabling easier sniping.Regarding diamonds, the first time they're found while mining is indeed a special moment, though perhaps not quite as good as the first time they're found by a desperate, crazed madman in Superflat survival. 'Course, in Superflat, the first time you find them is likely to be the last time you find them.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Full setup of zombie spawner + Crucible of Souls + Occultic Enchanter complete--but MATA NUI that thing generates a ton of Taint! I'm gonna need to build Totems of Dawn just to maintain the status quo!If I get that Thaumcraft-EMC plugin, I will ONLY be using it for silverwood (since non-respawning of silverwood is dumb, IMO), the given EMC values for everything else are WAY too cheap currently.

Edited by Flipz

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Weeeell, see, the thing is that Totems of Dawn don't reduce atmospheric taint. They clean tainted ground, sure, and maybe they even slow the increase of atmospheric taint, but they won't get rid of what's already there.For that, you'll need to hook some Purifiers to a Condenser with Concentrated Evil and a boatload of Tainted Crystals. One Condenser can remove, oh, about 1 Taint per second, maybe. In a stable environment, that'll be enough to bring it to zero. In an environment with a Crucible of Souls active... you're going to need a lot of Condensers, mate. The good news is that both Condensers and Purifiers can be directly synthesized from materials with EMC values. The bad news is that apparently you're not going to be making use of that.Me, I'm playing it safe with Thaumcraft. No soul-devouring things, nothing more dangerous than a Dark Infuser, really. That will probably change when I get deeper into Mystcraft. I'm thinking of a Tesla Coil-guarded fortress of evil in a land with 60-block high trees and pretty much constant natural lightning, with the main light source in the fortress being Braziers of Souls.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Does it matter if the condensers are close to the Crucible or far from it, or can I put my condensers on the surface even though my crucible is underground?

There were 6 blocks of diamonds there. That was an amazing world; and I'm not going to delete it. If anything, just file it away. I was going to use it to poke at the time limit, but I was dying of hunger(What, I can't even eat when I'm like 5 seconds from dying? Thanks guys. >_>), and this was just too good a haul for me to even risk it. =PGonna put up a screenshot of my current inventory, not including the storage box, which just had common things. =PJust give me a few moments to upload the screenshots. =D/EDIT: And here they are. =D
Did your pick break after those diamonds? Cause I don't see a pickaxe in that inventory.Oh, and Beardy-- sorry, Ymper-- If you do build that fortress of evil of yours, I really want to see it. Screenshots would be great; a video would be greater.

banner.jpg

Well, that fortress is a ways away, unfortunately. Here's a list of the things I know have to happen before I do it;-I have to finish my current vanity project.-I have to do a proof-of-concept nuclear reactor.-I have to become experienced enough with Mystcraft to make an Age that's precisely what I need for the project.Probably some other stuff, too, but those are the big things.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

No, it broke afterward; when I was expanding the bedrock level that you see in the inventory screen(The pick's in another inventory screen after the diamonds, but this was more reflective of the end result of the demo. =P). Hence why there's 47 pieces of Cobble in my hand. =P I'm glad it didn't break until later, though; I found Lapis Lazuli afterward as well, along with some more redstone.The only problem now is that time limit. xD

No, it broke afterward; when I was expanding the bedrock level that you see in the inventory screen(The pick's in another inventory screen after the diamonds, but this was more reflective of the end result of the demo. =P). Hence why there's 47 pieces of Cobble in my hand. =P I'm glad it didn't break until later, though; I found Lapis Lazuli afterward as well, along with some more redstone.The only problem now is that time limit. xD
Hax. It's the only answer. :PAnd Ymper, how'd you make those pillars? I don't understand... is that some Technic-specific block or something? Edited by Piraka~Mistika

banner.jpg

The pillars are made using RedPower microblocks. Basically, I took a diamond handsaw, cut cobblestone into smaller pieces, and arranged the pieces into those pillars.The microblocks are also used in the detailwork on the interior of the well, as seen with all those steps under the water. So far I've managed to mash Hindu, Mayan, and Roman architecture into this thing. (The Mayan influence comes in with the arrangement of the steps - in the actual Chand Baori well, they alternate. Mayan architecture features rather more straight lines than alternating patterns.)

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Dang, the occultic enchanter puts out Taint as well??Forget this, I'm getting the EMC moderator. >:(

No, the Occultic Enchanter doesn't put out Taint. You know, there's a wiki for this stuff.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

More likely eternal night, for the dark, spooky atmosphere. Also the Charged symbol would be nice, as lightning fits evil fortresses like everything else that fits evil fortresses fits evil fortresses. Skylands would be a good element for the combo as well, but I'm not entirely sure on that one. Giant tainted trees on floating islands might just look ridiculous.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

No, the Occultic Enchanter doesn't put out Taint. You know, there's a wiki for this stuff.
The wiki uses Java, though, which makes Minecraft go INCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDIBLY slow while it's open. BZP does not make Minecraft lag uncontrolably. ;)Hmm, must just be my filter being lousy. I'll definitely need that EMC plugin, then, so I can make the Advanced Filters and use them, and so I can have enough Tainted crystals for use.EDIT: What's the best/easiest thing to mass-produce via transumation tablet to throw into a crucible for vis? Edited by Flipz

I'd suggest just building a giant pumpkin farm, to be honest. One sufficiently large enough can net you a constant supply of pumpkins. I can make well over a stack when my farm is full, and they've usually started growing again by the time I'm finished harvesting them all.Alternatively, you can shove them all into your transmutation tablet and turn them into items worth less EMC (a stack of pumpkins is just a little over enough EMC for a diamond), so you could probably mass produce something like leather.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

More likely eternal night, for the dark, spooky atmosphere. Also the Charged symbol would be nice, as lightning fits evil fortresses like everything else that fits evil fortresses fits evil fortresses. Skylands would be a good element for the combo as well, but I'm not entirely sure on that one. Giant tainted trees on floating islands might just look ridiculous.
Plus, decay is never good in Skylands. Or anywhere, for that matter.

banner.jpg

Actually, 60 block purple giant trees look pretty cool.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Yes, I'm sure they do, but there's the issue of whether they fit with tainted floating islands.And yes, there is the issue of big problems happening if the Age starts to decay, which is why I won't go in without a linking book, and I'll spend a significant amount of time there before actually building anything, to make sure it's stable.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

They're skinny, three block tall black creatures with long arms and purple eyes and purple particles surrounding them.>blurgh ninjasHowever, you can still kill them if you look away. They won't be able to teleport until either you do that or you hit it again.~Unit#phntk#1

Edited by Unit#phntk#1