Ugh

I just battled Iris; first try went well, my Samurott pretty much ripped through her team.Then she sent out Haxorus.Blasted thing managed to set up on me and wreak havoc. Loner lost.Second try; sent out Lucario; Set up a Calm Mind then proceeded to destroy her team with Aura Sphere and Dragon Pulse. Yay

Gotta say I LOVED the music for this battle.

Edited by Loner

3DS FC: 4038-6111-3088. If anyone's interested in a battle or trade, send me a pm

Name: Link

Okay, this is just bugging me. Every time I try and think of it, I just can't.There's a sample in Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem's B/W1 battle theme, I swear it's from one of the older games; but I can't think of where the sample's actually from. I want to say one of the routes in Kanto, since it sounds so familiar to me, but every time I checked the routes in Kanto, at least on FireRed/LeafGreen, I just couldn't find it. =/

Okay, this is just bugging me. Every time I try and think of it, I just can't.There's a sample in Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem's B/W1 battle theme, I swear it's from one of the older games; but I can't think of where the sample's actually from. I want to say one of the routes in Kanto, since it sounds so familiar to me, but every time I checked the routes in Kanto, at least on FireRed/LeafGreen, I just couldn't find it. =/
Kanto's Route 11?

Kanto's Route 11?
Yeah, I'm definitely getting a bit of a Route 11/12/13/14/15 vibe from that theme, after listening to both the Legenday theme and the Route theme. Never really noticed it during my playthrough, as I used a Master Ball on Kyurem, and after a while of resetting for Zekrom/Reshiram I was just winging Quick Balls at them on the first turn, which worked with their really high catch rates.~B~

Yeah, I'm definitely getting a bit of a Route 11/12/13/14/15 vibe from that theme, after listening to both the Legenday theme and the Route theme. Never really noticed it during my playthrough, as I used a Master Ball on Kyurem, and after a while of resetting for Zekrom/Reshiram I was just winging Quick Balls at them on the first turn, which worked with their really high catch rates.~B~
Kanto's Route 11?
I was thinking it was somewhere around there; but I'll have to more or less actively compare the two, when I have a chance. I noticed it straight away, when I was fighting Reshiram and Kyurem; but I could never figure out what it really was. I'll try and listen more often later. =)

Fave obscure Pokemon? Crobat, and the Zubat evolutionary line in general. It's immune to Ground types, learns X-Scissor for Psychic types, and outspeeds almost all of the Pokemon with super effective typing. Also, it helps that I love Poison types in general.

"Whether that is right or not...I also...as a Rider...have a wish that I want to fulfill."

There's definitely a part of the Route 11 music in the theme; you can hear it if you listen closely at about 0:30 to about 0:46 or so.But the part from 0:18/0:19 to 0:30 still sounds familiar(I want to say the bike theme, but unless it was changed for FR/LG...); but I still can't think how, since it's not part of the Route 11 music, from what I can tell...

Fave obscure Pokemon? Crobat, and the Zubat evolutionary line in general. It's immune to Ground types, learns X-Scissor for Psychic types, and outspeeds almost all of the Pokemon with super effective typing. Also, it helps that I love Poison types in general.
1300044776986.jpgX-Scissor on Crobat...

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

I decided to give my Durant / Smeargle / Salamence team a shot since I already EV Trained everyone. So far I have a win streak of 63. It works better than I thought it would. The CPU never use Taunt on Durant for some reason. The only real trouble was a Curse + Amnesia Quagsire and a Whirlwind + Spikes + Stealth Rock Skarmory. The battles took a decent amount of time though.

Geez; maybe I should give that a try. Wouldn't work in Doubles, but... There's gotta be a team that'd work as well as that for Doubles. I really want to get the black/white card in Pokemon Black, since I won't likely get it any time soon in Black 2. =PTell us if you manage a Win Streak of 100, though. =)

I decided to give my Durant / Smeargle / Salamence team a shot since I already EV Trained everyone. So far I have a win streak of 63. It works better than I thought it would. The CPU never use Taunt on Durant for some reason. The only real trouble was a Curse + Amnesia Quagsire and a Whirlwind + Spikes + Stealth Rock Skarmory. The battles took a decent amount of time though.
Hmm, that's interesting. I'm surprised that the opponent never switches out their Truant Pokemon, as they will often switch for other reasons. And yeah, I imagine it takes a while getting enough boosts for Salamence to do something. How many minutes does each battle take?~B~

The time each battle takes depends on the opposing CPU's pokemon. When I find out the trainer's name, I look it up on a website I can't mention then I plan according to what pokemon the opponent has. If it is especially threatening (some trainers only have Ice pokemon) then boost for as long as possible (alternate between Protect (loafing turns) and Substitute (to waste time on nonloafing turns) until each is out of PP. Then I Spore and Baton Pass to Salamence. But usually a couple defense boosts and a Substitute is enough to win (I usually just KO with Draco Meteor and the Outrage the foe to death, thanks Moxie). Here are the movesets of my pokemon.Durant @ Choice ScarfAbility: TruantEVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 SpeNature: JollyMoves: Entrainment / Rock Slide / X-Scissor / Iron Head240 Speed EVs are enough to outspeed the entire Battle Subway with a Choice Scarf and a 31 Speed IV. I just use Entrainment and let Durant die so that Smeargle can come in for free, set up a Sub during the loaf turn, and begin the stalling process.Smeargle @ LeftoversAbility: MoodyEVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpeNature: JollyMoves: Protect / Sub / Spore / Baton PassSalamence @ Lum BerryAbility: MoxieEVs: 64 Atk / 192 SpA / 252 SpeNature: NaiveMoves: Draco Meteor / Outrage / EQ / FlamethrowerLum Berry is for Outrage confusion or Flame Body / Static hax.My goal is a win streak of 100. When this streak is over I will see if I can do better with Dragonite.

Edited by Argaraffe

Ah, you're using that Trainer resource. Cheater. :PAlso, if the foe is always Truant, and you have Protect, you should drop Spore for Acupressure. Then you can accumulate boosts twice as fast, and still pass Mence a Sub. Or, you can give Smeargle Ingrain, to heal Mence and prevent phazing. Either is infinitely superior to Spore in this scenario, as Smeargle is always untouchable.Maybe consider Mental Herb for Smeargle because of Taunt, as it will only need one Substitute, so Lefties healing is moot.~B~

Edited by Ballom

Yeah, I didn't really use Spore that much except for some rare instances, and also in case Durant somehow failed its job. And Leftovers was to not only stall Poison damage from Toxic Spikes but also to nullify Hail / Sandstorm. But replacing Spore with Ingrain would solve my phazing problem and also give me recovery so I can drop Leftovers for Mental Herb, even though Taunt isn't really a problem with Protect. I'll use these changes after I finish this set of seven, thanks.

One flaw I found in AI double battles, even on the Subway, is that while they can tell which ability your Pokemon has before it activates, they don't seem to think about abilities that take moves for other Pokemon. So, they may know that my Zebstrika has Lightningrod, but they still think they can use Thunderbolt on the Gyarados next to it. And even after they've tried it once, they keep doing it again and again.So, what's everyone doing to prepare for B2W2? (Assuming you haven't got the Japanese version already)I've never been fussed about completing the National Dex before, but with the various rewards for dex completion on offer this time around, I'm getting several boxes worth of Pokemon together ready for transfer.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

I'm not really preparing yet (I probably should though) but I made it my personal goal to complete the national dex due to all the cool stuff you get. I can't wait for that item that boosts your chance of getting a shiny. I'm tired of breeding thousands of eggs with foreign parents with no results. That should help a little, and I need any help I can get.

I've been trying to complete the National Dex too, I must say. Too much awesome stuff to get in BW2. =PI'll also be working on getting my new Moxie Bagon EV Trained(Thanks Alku. =D), when I can. Just gotta recall how to EV train effectively in this, and be sure not to accidentally include it in my training regiment before hand. >>' Because I want a Black/White card before Black 2 releases here.

@ Argaraffe: Your team is truly terrifying.As for BW2 preparation, I'm breeding my dream team to transfer over after the first gym and ditching my starter. Because I've played all my other games with caught Pokemon, and I've used most of the Unova Pokemon I wanted to.Current incarnation is Dragonite/Typhlosion/Swampert/Mismagius/Leafeon/Cinccino. That's at least one Pokemon from each region, and among them I can pack all the HMs. I'm going to hatch Mismagius first and use it as my "starter", then let the others hatch as they will. I already have the Eevee egg sitting in a box, and I'll be breeding for the other ones soon. Breeding for natures, egg moves and abilities, but not worrying about IVs or EVs after I hatch them. Unless I have a parent with a perfect IV, then I'll try to pass it down (Eevee's pappy had a perfect speed, so he shall as well).I'm not totally sold on Swampert, but I need a water type and something from Hoenn and he was the most interesting. I'll poke around and try to find an alternate.I haven't given it much time, but I'm really liking my team of Politoed/Jolteon/Vaporeon/Tornadus. I've had little trouble dealing with anything, on wifi or in the Subway. The only real problem Pokemon I've encountered are Lanturn and Drought Ninetales. Everything else falls before me.

Edited by Bundalings

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Oops. I meant Battle SUBWAY above. I already figured out what the rewards are now. But, now I don't know what the Battle Tournament is.. Also, am I the only one happy that Reshiram is going to be in W2, and Zekrom in B2? Yay now I don't have to buy B2 this time around.EV Training, is basically getting one of those stant-enchancing items, and just levelling up, right? Or do you need to fight specific Pokemon? I'm holding off on training my Samurott so I can figure this out.. I'm going to get Tepig (Or possibly Snivy) in White 2 instead of Samurott..

That's the point of why they flipped it. =)And there is no 'Battle Tournament'; there's a Pokemon World Tournament, which is in B/W2. Gym Leaders and Champions from all the regions(And also normal trainers too), gather into one tournament, to face off against each other. =)

Oops. I meant Battle SUBWAY above. I already figured out what the rewards are now. But, now I don't know what the Battle Tournament is..Also, am I the only one happy that Reshiram is going to be in W2, and Zekrom in B2? Yay now I don't have to buy B2 this time around.EV Training, is basically getting one of those stant-enchancing items, and just levelling up, right? Or do you need to fight specific Pokemon? I'm holding off on training my Samurott so I can figure this out.. I'm going to get Tepig (Or possibly Snivy) in White 2 instead of Samurott..
If you want a perfectly EVed Pokemon, you will need to fight specific kinds of Pokemon. I'll try and get it down to the basics for you:-ALL battles grant you EV points, except for ones that don't give EXP, such as WiFi battles and the subway. Chances are, your Samurott already has some EV points in various stats, unless you only leveled it up using the Daycare and Rare Candies.-Different Pokemon give different amounts of Effort Points ("Effort Values"). For example, Herdier gives 2 points in Attack. Most of the main Pokemon fansites will mention the EV yield of each species somewhere in their Pokedex entries.-Four EVs in a stat = an increase of 1 point in that stat. So, say your Samurott has an attack stat of 102 at the moment. You go out and defeat two Herdiers, then check the status screen, and Sam should now have an Attack stat of 103.-The "Power" items give you an extra 4 points in their respective stat per battle. If Sammy is wearing a Power Lens and fights a Herdier, he will gain 2 Attack EVs and 4 Special Attack EVs. If he has a Power Bracer on instead, he will gain 6 EVs in Attack.-There is also a rare condition called Pokerus that doubles your EV gain. The boost from any "Power" items is also doubled, so if Sammy has Pokerus, wears a Power bracer, and fights one Herdier, that's (2+4)x 2 = 12 Attack EVs. Not too shabby for one battle.-The Macho Brace item has the same effect as the Pokerus, so, fighting one Herdier with the Macho Brace and Pokerus would give you 8 Attack EVs. (Not bad, but you can see why most people go with the Power items instead.)- The total amount of EVs you can gain overall is 510, and the maximum total per stat is 255. However, because of the way EVs work, you need a number of EVs that's divisible by 4. Any remainders will be wasted. So, most strategy Pokedexes will recommend having 2 stats with 252 EVs each, and a third stat with 4-6 EVs. (There are other possible ways to distribute stats, of course, but that seems to be the most common pattern.)-You can check whether you've maxed out your EVs by going to a certain character in each game (In BW, it's a Lady in Opelucid city), who will tell you that the Pokemon "put in great effort" if it's maxed, or "needs to work harder" if it's not.-And finally, because your Samurott already has some unwanted EVs, try and get ahold of some EV-reducing berries before you start. These are: Pomeg, Qualot, Kelpsey, Hondew, Grepa and Tamato berries. If it says it won't have any effect because your Pokemon has maximum happiness, you may need to feed it some bitter herbs first. It will tell you when you have gotten rid of all the EVs by saying that the stat "won't go any lower".There's a few other things I haven't mentioned yet, but that's basically all you need to get started. In all honesty, though, I would start with a freshly caught/hatched Pokemon rather than your Samurott, so you don't have to go to the trouble of obtaining the berries and un-training it first.Hope that helps!

Hmm.. I see. First of all, I assume you mean after defeating two Herdiers when the Samurott levels up? Or is that a misconception of mine? And, is it really a good idea to poor all those EVs into two different stats? Should I put them to fill in my worst stats, or upgrade my best? Or both?

Edited by Hero: Fighter of Light

Well, my Durant / Smeargle / Salamence team finally lost after a nice round streak of 75, due to something along the lines of a misclick. I was carelessly watching tv while playing and pressed the wrong button which led to my demise. It was against a Veteran with Articuno / Terrakion / something else. This annoyed me because I've destroyed these pokemon time and time again.The battle went like this: I sent out Durant, he sent out Articuno, blah blah Entrainment. Next turn we both loafed. Then I must've accidentally switched in Smeargle, who ate an Ice Gem Blizzard for the KO. Bewildered, I send in Durant, who barely missed the 1HKO on Articuno with Rock Slide and 2HKO'd instead. The veteran sent out Terrakion, who easily took a Rock Slide and then KO'd with Close Combat. I switch in Salamence, who is 1HKO'd by Stone Edge. That's game.If I wasn't watching tv then the battle would've been a piece of cake and might have even reached 100 wins. And maybe if I told Durant to use Iron Head instead of Rock Slide I could've won too. I'm coming back with a vengeance though, and won't stop until I reach 100. So, just wondering, how does this stack up to everyone elses records?

You need to upgrade your best stats to have a chance in the battle facilities.All EVs are gained at the end of battle, and I believe in B/W, they are auto-adjusted after a battle to reflect the stats, though you won't see total increase until level 100.

Hmm.. I see. First of all, I assume you mean after defeating two Herdiers when the Samurott levels up? Or is that a misconception of mine? And, is it really a good idea to poor all those EVs into two different stats? Should I put them to fill in my worst stats, or upgrade my best? Or both?
Prior to Gen V, you would only see the stat gain on level up, so you're half right. But in Black and White, you should be able to see an increase instantly.Where you put your EVs depends on what role you want your Pokemon to play in battle. If you want a physical sweeper, you don't really need to focus on anything other than Attack and Speed. If it's a Special sweeper, Special Attack and Speed. You should invest significantly in more than two stats only if you want the Pokemon to be more of a supporter/tank that's less focused on doing direct damage, allthough, you should probably still max the HP in that instance.So, in some cases, you try to give a boost to your Pokemon's best stats (as is the case with most sweepers, especially if they have naturally high attacking stats and Speed), and in other cases, you're trying to make up for a deficiency in one stat. For example, Vaporeon has great HP and Special Defence, but terrible Defence. So, most people who use Vaporeon will give it a Defence boosting nature and max out its Defence EVs, to allow it to take physical hits a bit better.

After nearly half a year of deprivation, I've found my Pokemon White. Very first thing I did? Found a wild Heracross. It had Pokerus. Pretty good day.then lol half an hour, thirty pokeballs and seven revives trying to catch a metangEDIT: And the very first Chimchar egg I hatch is Adamant! Man everything is turning up J

Edited by ~JC~

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Yeah, Metang really are hard to catch.That they are! I heard that they have a catch rate of three!Huh, what species are they then? Palm? Birch? Oak?*Whacks person* I said three; not tree!!Speaking of Pokemon!Speaking of Pokemon!Did you know that there are now 649 different species found?Really? There are so many now!Yes; and it's said that the last one is called Genesect.Okay.... You're supposed to say something.But you told me to give you a second!*Whacks person* No I didn't; I said Genesect; the name of the Pokemon!Ohh...From the start...Diamond, Pearl, Diamond, PearlPearl, Diamond, Pearl, Diamond, Pearl, Diamond, Pearl, Diamond.If those were real jokes from Adventures, of course. =P

Joey in HGSS just hit me with a FEAR Raticate. Q.QFourth rematch, I knock the thing to just over half, it subs, bringing its health down even more, uses Endeavor while I remove the sub, then Quick Attack. Almost fainted my Xatu. I don't know if the Sub was intended to lower its health, and that scares me.The AI was a lot higher than I expected.