As to what game to Locke, I'd suggest anything but FRLG. If you don't have a game, there are ROMs everywhere, but I won't go into detail on that.Anyway, I started a Badge Quest in Sapphire; basically, you get a shiny before every Gym Badge, and as I understand it, 6/8 become the team.I found a shiny Surskit. :D

Nara: Good luck with that, tell us when you finish the game 10 years from now. =PAfter everyone says to avoid FRLG for a Nuzlocke, I'm half-tempted to delete my current file(After migrating of course, half of Yellow's Pokemon are useless anyway, but the other half could be cool. Though, I don't think I have her Pikachu yet still, anyway, so it might be best to just restart and try again at a later time.), and try a FR Nuzlocke. Just because. =PBesides; I know that game inside out, having beaten it(And the original games) like 100 times. Heavy lean to the originals, though, since they were the first games I actually played, a long, long time ago. =P

Well, in a way, the no running shoes thing isn't really a big deal, considering how much they nerfed Running and Walking from Gen 4 onward. Plus, once you get to Vermillion/Goldenrod and get the big, that's pretty much all you use for travel unless you're in a dungeon. And, well, only Gens four and five fixed that problem. =P

The argument that FRLG is the worst is because of its dry storyline, though, it's probably not that difficult to Locke. HGSS seems easy to Nuzlocke, because it's easy in general, but the common idea is that the challenge doesn't end until you beat Red, so..In other news, I found a shiny Nincada as well. Before I could beat Roxanne. Incredible luck. =P

but the common idea is that the challenge doesn't end until you beat Red, so..
I never want to nuzlocke HGSS, now, thanks. =PNara: 0_o You found two shinies within a day? I shouldn't be surprised, given I have a shiny Ursaring and shiny Rapidash, both from Mount Silver, obtained within weeks, but... It still surprises me. =P

The argument that FRLG is the worst is because of its dry storyline, though, it's probably not that difficult to Locke. HGSS seems easy to Nuzlocke, because it's easy in general, but the common idea is that the challenge doesn't end until you beat Red, so..In other news, I found a shiny Nincada as well. Before I could beat Roxanne. Incredible luck. =P
So that means you now have (in a way) three Shinies (due to the way that Nincada evolves). Epic!

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

@Roxas: No problem. :P I think its the same with GSC, but not many people Nuzlocke the first two Gens. Not as much as everything else, anyway.I did catch the Nincada, yes. =P Its a pain to level up, though. Looking for a shiny Shroomish right now.Perhaps not the most traditional Badge Quest, since I didn't SR for a shiny starter and have two shinies before Roxanne, but I'm not complaining. :P

I'm still deciding between Platinum and Gold, since they are the only games I have on mobile devices. Leaning towards Platinum just because I like Sinnoh more than Johto.Alsoalso I snagged a Quick Feet Shroomish off the GTS :3

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Probably going to Nuzlocke Soul Silver or Diamond since I sold all my GBA games. Just wondering, what's the rule regarding Pokewalker pokemon on HGSS nuzlockes?Also, am I the only one that's disappointed by how the Battle Subway isn't expanded in BW2? I was really hoping for a Triples Train, Rotation Train, and a Triples Battle Hall to try out some strategies. Oh well, there's always the inevitable Hoenn remakes.

Edited by Argaraffe

Probably going to Nuzlocke Soul Silver or Diamond since I sold all my GBA games. Just wondering, what's the rule regarding Pokewalker pokemon on HGSS nuzlockes?
Given that the rules can vary, it could go either way. If you want an added challenge, you could not use it at all. Or you could count it as an area, and only catch a single Pokemon on it.~B~

Entralink counts as an area, right? That means only one.So you can get one Pokemon from the Dream World. Meanwhile, shiny Shroomish, courtesy of Masuda Method! It unfortunately turned out Quirky, though. I do however have a couple Adamant females with Quick Feet, as well as a Jolly one, if anybody wants one.

Edited by ~JC~

Though... In a way, technically the Dream World has multiple areas; not looking for loopholes(Simply because if I ever do a Nuzlocke run, I'm not wasting a Game Card slot on my PGL account for it. =P); simply a curious question... While the Entralink does in fact count as an area, wouldn't the Dream World areas, like Pleasant Forest or Icy Cave, count as areas too?

One DW Pokemon? Yeah, I can work with that... So, if in most games a "game completion" is beating the Elite 4, but in HGSS it's beating Red, what would you guys say "completion" is for B2W2? I ask because I hear there are quite a few extra "bosses" in the post-game.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

Though... In a way, technically the Dream World has multiple areas; not looking for loopholes(Simply because if I ever do a Nuzlocke run, I'm not wasting a Game Card slot on my PGL account for it. =P); simply a curious question... While the Entralink does in fact count as an area, wouldn't the Dream World areas, like Pleasant Forest or Icy Cave, count as areas too?
You can only get them into the game via the Entralink, so no matter where you catch them in the Dream World itself, you can only get one onto your cartridge without breaking Nuzlocke rules.I still say after the E4- Johto games are the exception since they get a whole new region after the Elite 4. I personally think it should end after the E4 rematch, but everybody loves the oldies so logic n junk has little place there. Edited by ~JC~

There are only two set rules for Nuzlocking (well, actually three, but the third is just a given): Release/Box all Pokemon that faint, catch only one Pokemon for each area, and nickname all Pokemon. You add rules from there to increase difficulty; if you wanted something easier, count the DW areas as separate, but if you want more of a challenge, count the Entralink as one. It's ridiculously flexible; some people add the dupes clause (allowing usually 1-3 more tries after the first encounter if it was already caught) for diversity, some make it so they can't use items.Then there are those who end their challenge if they get a team wipe; others end theirs if they get a box wipe. It's all preference.

There are so many optional rules, but the Gen V one presents an interesting dilemma. Personally, I would extend it to one per actual DW area (but with the same rule in place; first one you find, no matter what) and no SRing for nature (duh).

Edited by VIII. Axel

So, it's down to "Take a random six Pokemon" (one from each of the current DW areas) OR " Take only one, but of your choosing" (since you're counting Entree Forest as the area, rather than the DW.). I'd probably opt for the second option myself, since the first one would take several days to do anyway.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

I have zero interest in getting it. You're better off asking that question in an RTS thread, it's gameplay has next to nothing in common with Pokemon. Most people who play competitively tried Conquest, quit very quickly into it.

Probably because they spend all of their time playing Pokemon and not actually experiencing the rest of life =P.Anyhow, I'd say it's worth a look. I've heard good things, but obviously it isn't a straight Pokemon game; it's really just an RPG with Pokemon in it. So yeah, I'd say give it a go.

Well, let me ammend the question then. Anyone here who played it and can give me their opinion? Not as a Pokemon game, of course, but as what it is. I trust you guys more than I'd trust online reviews from places like IGN, for whatever reason.Well...I really just don't like those reviews, I guess, not after some things I heard about how they're paid off sometimes to give good reviews, things like that.

audio_narration_project_banner_small.jpg

Nature is easy- all you need is an Adamant or Jolly Ditto, give it an Everstone, and put it in the daycare with your Pawniard. It's baby has a 50% chance to have that nature.As for the IVs, that's a little different. Look up a guide on RNG abuse. I don't even fully understand it, otherwise I'd try and break it down for you.

Well, let me ammend the question then. Anyone here who played it and can give me their opinion? Not as a Pokemon game, of course, but as what it is. I trust you guys more than I'd trust online reviews from places like IGN, for whatever reason.Well...I really just don't like those reviews, I guess, not after some things I heard about how they're paid off sometimes to give good reviews, things like that.
I tend to trust IGN, they just get flack for a weird number ratings system; their reviews are usually pretty thought out. I read an article there that was specifically how some review sites give games high scores just to whack out the Metacritic system, so that's a possibility.
I'm working on breeding a Pawniard with an Adamant/Jolly Nature, the Egg moves Psycho Cut and Sucker Punch, and Perfect/Good IVs. Any tips? Mainly on the Nature on IVs..
As JC said, Nature is the easy bit with the everstone trick. If you have one with guaranteed good IV's in certain stats you can pass these on to their offspring either through luck or directly with the Power items (that you use for EV training). That's how legit breeding is done, but it doesn't matter too much if you RNG abuse. I still don't quite know how to do that anyway.

RNG Abuse sounds to me like getting a program on the computer or something. Or that's at least what it looked like to me. As for the Ditto, the problem is that I don't have an Adamant Ditto yet. I went to the Giant Chasm to look for some but only found some other natures. I'll just keep looking and breeding.

RNG Abuse sounds to me like getting a program on the computer or something. Or that's at least what it looked like to me. As for the Ditto, the problem is that I don't have an Adamant Ditto yet. I went to the Giant Chasm to look for some but only found some other natures. I'll just keep looking and breeding.
It's not introducing a program, it's just taking advantage of how the pre-existing programming assigns values to things and getting the values to match up at given points. Some people call it cheating, and realistically it is, but breeding takes copious amounts of patience, which a lot of other people don't have =PAs for finding the right Ditto, you could use the Synchronize trick (I love the chain involved in getting the right Pokemon; always an extra step back). Abra has a higher catch rate than Ditto, so if you have White Forest, you can just catch tons of Abras until you have an Adamant one, and work from there.

I brought a level 2 Patrat and a level 24 Ferroseed when I went Ditto hunting. Patrat's Run Away let me find Ditto's easily. When I found one, I'd use a Quick Ball. If it didn't work [i caught about a quarter of my Dittos with them], then he would transform into my Patrat, at which point I could switch in Ferroseed, use Thunder Wave while walling his hits, and let Iron Barbs make him gradually weaker.I also had tremendous luck with them- the first nine I caught had nine different natures, all of them useful. So far, only my Adamant one's been getting any work.

As for the Ditto, the problem is that I don't have an Adamant Ditto yet. I went to the Giant Chasm to look for some but only found some other natures. I'll just keep looking and breeding.
As for finding the right Ditto, you could use the Synchronize trick (I love the chain involved in getting the right Pokemon; always an extra step back). Abra has a higher catch rate than Ditto, so if you have White Forest, you can just catch tons of Abras until you have an Adamant one, and work from there.
Just to note: A Pokemon with Arena Trap WILL prevent the Abras from running away, so if you have a decently-fast and leveled Trapinch or Dugtrio with Arena Trap (fast to be able to flee battles with unwanted Pokemon, leveled enough to KO anything that you can't run from), when an Abra shows up you can just sit there and chuck Pokeballs at it. ;)

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

On the note of RNG: Yes, generally you'd have to install a program to see what seed you need to hit. If you don't have an original DS or Lite, you can still RNG, but it takes a bit more work; you'd need to sync the clock with another clock (that has a second hand; the computer one would do, for example, because you can see seconds) and read up on the delay time of the game you're trying to RNG (for example, I believe B/W has a one second delay on the 3DS).There's more complicated stuff after this, but I won't go in detail unless someone wants it.

Staring at my planned BW2 team, I feel like Gastrodon is very redundant.Nidoking / Sheer Force / Modest- Earth Power- Sludge Wave - TM- Flamethrower - TM- Ice Beam - TMDragonite / Multiscale / Careful- Fly - HM- Waterfall - HM- Outrage- Dragon DanceBreloom / Technician / Adamant- Spore - Egg(shroomish)- Mach Punch- Bullet Seed - Egg(hoppip > shroomish)- Strength - HMGastrodon / Storm Drain / Relaxed- Surf - HM- Ice Beam - TM- Earthquake - TM- Yawn - Egg(quagsire)Mismagius / Levitate / Timid- Shadow Ball - Egg(spiritomb)- Thunderbolt - TM- Psychic - Egg- Nasty Plot - EggCinccino / Skill Link / Jolly- Bullet Seed- Rock Blast- Tail Slap- U-Turn - TMI've already got Misdreavus and Nidoran sitting in eggs, and I'm in the process of getting a Shroomish with Spore and Bullet Seed as egg moves. I'm pretty set on Cinccino and Dragonite. But I really can't think of something that would fit well in Gastrodon's slot. Mostly because I'm making myself not use redundant types (one reason I want to ditch Gastrodon) and redundant Natures.I'm thinking of Weavile? But that would make my team too Physical, so I'd like to go with something special or mixed... and I also don't want to use a Pokemon I've used in the past. I might break that rule because Typhlosion or Lapras would fit in pretty well here.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.