True, though move types would allow help with that.Two might be better, though, so that it can be effectively a Gym type, without being too predictable, but also without it straying from the single type too much. But definitely at least one.

I'd say allow two Pokemon of other types, max. Standard rules, otherwise. And just because you're part of the league doesn't mean you couldn't also be a challenger. You could either use your mono-type team or whatever else you fancied as a challenger, then switch back when you were challenged.The Gym Leader could decide the battle type. My Normal Gym will be a Triple Battle, I think.*plots*

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

That sounds good to me.Ooh, that'd be cool, yeah. *Nods*Would we use flat battle, all level 100s(Only for those who REALLY wanted to train Pokemon), or any level, with the obvious advantage then going to whoever trained more?

I would say either have one alternate-typed Pokemon, period, OR, two alternate-typed Pokemon that have offensive moves of the team's type. I would personally go with flat battle rules myself- if we kept it to manual level 50 that would rule out stuff like Dragonite and Volcarona, and I think level 100 is probably not worth the effort for most people.I would like to claim the Ground type, if that's possible.EDIT: Argh. Only just remembered that ingame flat rules only allow for 3 Pokemon in Singles. Wish there was a way to customise that...

Edited by Alyska

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

If we're doing this again, I call ghost.=PAnd on the note of Sturdy Shedninja, I'm pretty sure it can be Skill Swapped, but no Swap users have Sturdy. :| Someone's gotta hack that and see what happens, though. :PEDIT: I google'd a little, and Shedninja is capable of legally getting Sturdy, but it would probably have to be in a Triple Battle. Along with that, I'm still unsure of whether or not it would never faint, or faint after a hit.Meh. More testing.

Edited by Nara

EDIT: Argh. Only just remembered that ingame flat rules only allow for 3 Pokemon in Singles. Wish there was a way to customise that...
Mm, that's unfortunate. Them maybe we should say level 100 is the standard, so we can do six vs six and not count out resonable event 'mons like Celebi and Mew.So we haveNormalPsychicGhostGroundIceRight? Twelve to go. :P

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Well, if we set it to flat fifty, then you can't use event Pokemon and if the leader wanted to go Single Battle style the maximum number of monsters for either team would be three.If we put not limits on it, and still capped it at fifty, that would bar a lot of Pokemon from play, like Hydreigon, Dragonite and Volcarona, not to mention bar a lot of moves that are only learned by some Pokemon at level 51+, like Leaf Blade on Leafeon (prior to BW2).So while leveling to 100 can be a hassle, it's really the only way to make a level playing field with the few sacrifices.Edit: Unless they introduced new Wifi rules in BW2. Did they?

Edited by Bundalings

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Sturdinja is terrifyingly powerful, but as it is, normal Shedinja only really dies to weather or status anyways, since Focus Sash is always on it and people seldom get two chances to hit Shedinja with a SE move.I dunno if I want Dark or Fighting. It possible for me to reserve both until I make up my mind?

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

@ JC: Why not. There are plenty of types to go around. I imagine we won't get enough people interested in making teams to fill out all the types anyone, so interested parties could make multiple teams.@ Blade: I don't see why not. But I don't know how much of an issue time is. I know it'll be a while before I'm all set.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

I've got my team organized, now it's just a matter of actually getting everyone trained. And if it happens that we don't go through with this, I'll have a nice gimmicky team for Random Matchups. =POn the level note, 100 seems like it would take a long time, even with all the boosts, but 50 is too low of a level. Meet in the middle; say, 75? My in-game white team is around there just by playing through the story and grinding a bit.

I think we should aim to have it ready a few months after the English release of B2W2 (Around December, maybe?) since that allows for use of move tutors, new DW Pokemon and other B2W2 features.So, what's the verdict on alternate-typed Pokemon?

I vote one, but, as I said above, I would be open to the possibility of two IF there was the added restriction of each wildcard having an offensive move of the theme type. So, if you had a Bug type team, you could include a Gliscor and an Espeon, provided they carried X-Scissor and Signal Beam, respectively. I say an "offensive move" because otherwise, these teams will start looking a bit like Flint's from Sinnoh...

I guess 75 could work. I'd prefer to grind all the way to 100, but... meh. Not enough to argue it.One seems adequate, since you don't have to use monotyped Pokemon. I mean, I'm using Normal but there are plenty of Flying/Normals that I could use to combat the Fighting types.How do you guys feel about this being the ban list?ArceusBlaziken with Speed Boost (Blaziken with Blaze would be fine)DarkraiDeoxysDialgaGiratinaGroudonHo-OhKyogreLugiaManaphyMewtwoPalkiaRayquazaReshiramShaymin-SZekromI know Garchomp, Thundurus and Excadrill are commonly banned, but I'm not sure how I feel about banishing them. Thoughts?

Edited by Bundalings

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Well, there goes half my team, lol. Should we keep other "OU" rules in place as well (Sleep clause, no Drizzle + Swift Swim, etc)?Also, you might want to consider putting Kyurem and Genesect on the list. Just in case.

@ JC: Well, of the ones I mentioned, I've only used Garchomp and Speed Boost Blaziken. Garchomp I feel is fairly easy to counter. But Blaziken... whenever I've used him on Wifi I've just felt guilty because he trashed the other team so completely. I mean, without Azumarill to check him, he's pretty much crazy-powerful.That said, I wouldn't be completely averse to allowing it. And I asked about the other ones because I have no experience with them so I don't know how much they disrupt battles. On paper I can see why Excadrill is so scary, but I don't see Thundurus as particularly menacing, so... can anyone shed some light?I think Sleep Clause is good, but I don't know about Drizzle/Swift Swim. I feel like it's easy enough to counter, despite its danger. Dunno.Genesect doesn't look too OP to me, but I guess we can wait and see. Same with Kyurem. I know it's regular form is only pretty good, and I haven't much paid attention to its alternate forms. Same with the Kami's alternate forms. But we have time to work all this stuff out...I'd think Soul Dew would also be banned. Thoughts?

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Thundurus was banned because he was simply too powerful. At +2 he could 2HKO just about anything, had reasonable bulk, and just enough speed to outpace anything unboosted that could KO him first.Drizzle/Swift Swim only applies to one person.Genesect isn't all that overwhelming [He can't KO specially defensive Tyranitar with his STAB Bug Buzz, for example] but I find he puts a lot of pressure on the opponent.Kyurem's alternate formes are currently banned from standard play. Kyurem-W is the most powerful thing in the ubers Metagame, and Kyurem-B can 2HKO Ferrothorn with Outrage.None of the Therian formes are banned, currently.I think we should just stick with the standard rules.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Alright. Sounds good. Except I still think Blaze Blaziken/not-sand-rush Excadrill should be allowed. I mean, there's no reason to block them from a little tournament like this (I realize it would be harder to filter Blazikens and Excadrills on a larger scale).

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Well, I guess it's lucky I'm eventually updating with a Salamence, for my challenger team.Also, I think I'm going to go with Fighting instead, if it's not a big hassle. My team would eventually probably fit better there anyway.(Also, I'm Blade. =P)

I call Dragon(plus Gyarados, why in the world is he water/flying??)!On a completely unrelated note, I am on Soulsilver with a level 44 Typhlosion, a level 32 Gyarados, a level 25 Kadabra, a level 21 Togepi, a level 16 Magnemite, and a level 14 Geodude trying to defeat the 8th gym. The only advice I've gotten is grind to at least level 38 with them all. Can You please give me more?

How about each differently typed Poke over the original wildcard must have a move of the team's type? That sounds reasonable.Also, I support standard OU rules and bans and such, including Excadrill, Chompy, Thundurus, and Blaziken being banned.~B~

More research tells me I can work my team out with only one wildcard. But you know, whatever fits better.And +1 to the standard OU rules.EDIT: Woo! I found my third shiny for my Sapphire badge quest, an Aron. =D It seems to have average IVs and Adamant as a nature, and I've used an Aggron in my Ruby playthrough, so meh there, but at least I can move on.

Edited by Nara