Super Smash Bros.

Just A Dot

So excited for the Wii U one, but not sure about the 3DS. Right now I'm just not seeing how Smash Bros would work on a handheld, but they did manage to pull it off with Ocarina of Time so... Maybe. But Wii U? Seriously psyched. I'm hoping for some more Metroid characters. Even if they pass on Ridley again, at least give us Dark Samus or maybe Rundas, since he seems to have quite a fanbase.

p

It will be interesting to see if they incorporate console functionality into these next few games (such as 3D for Smash Bros 3DS). I've also read that Meta Knight's been banned from tournaments. I guess we shouldn't be shocked. XD

superpaper_624_1255384923.jpg

"By me... Count Bleck! The chosen executor of the Dark Prognosticus... is Count Bleck! The fine fellow prophesied to come to this dimension... is also Count Bleck!"

I kind of like how they are making the 3DS one more single-player based. That way, I can play Cruel Whatever and Home Run Contest all night without my parents knowing. But as a Classic Controller user, playing without a Z button or second analog stick will be weird, and I really don't want that "Circle Pad Expansion" thing :( Meta Knight is decent, but he lacks in power. I don't feel he should have been banned. Then again, I've not yet encountered a Meta Knight main in a tournament...

Edited by The Beninator

I've played 64 and Brawl, and the new games sound interesting. Dunno when I'll be able to get a Wii U, but at least there's the 3DS version. =P Is there any word on multiplayer for that?

Production of either game has yet to start :P

As long as my precious Zelda is still there (and why in the world wouldn't she?), I'll enjoy the next installment. :biggrin: And yes, I'm aware that Zelda is ranked second to last. Doesn't stop me from having fun playing as her, though.

Screw tier lists. I've encountered really good Zelda players (no mach for my Falcon Punch, but still good.)

Yeah, I know that, partly since KI: U got delayed, I just didn't know if they'd said anything. =PZelda stuff: In the hands of the right player, Zelda is tough.^Really? Hmm. I'd take it with a grain of salt, since development hasn't started yet, and doesn't match a fighting theme.

Edited by Blade: Hero of Truth

I read that the title for the Wii U Smash Bros was leaked, and it's gonna be called Super Smash Bros Universe.

It's a possibility, but that sounds to me more like the 25th anniversary edition. I can see it now. All old stages return (no new ones). You can choose between 64, Melee, and Brawl versions of characters (except for people like Lucas). You can choose which game physics to use (64 - no sidestep, no airdodge, lots of hitstun, etc.) That would be awesome.

Who do you guys usually play as? I generally favor Marth.

Marth is my main in Brawl, followed by Falco, Captain Falcon, Ike, Luigi, and Toon Link.In Melee, I played Roy, Captain Falcon, Marth, Dr. Mario, and Luigi (and Master Hand).And in 64, I used Captain Falcon, Link, and Luigi. Edited by The Beninator

That's what my brother always says to his friends, although I think it's partly an attempt to explain why I always beat him. :P Yeah, I heard about that leak too, and although I think it might be fake, Universe wouldn't be a bad name. I just don't think it has quite the same feel to it as the previous ones have had. However, more important than the name, is that it's available at launch. The next SSB MUST be available at launch. I'd say "or I won't get a Wii U", but I know I'd end up getting one anyway. :P

Lacertus

That's what my brother always says to his friends, although I think it's partly an attempt to explain why I always beat him. :P Yeah, I heard about that leak too, and although I think it might be fake, Universe wouldn't be a bad name. I just don't think it has quite the same feel to it as the previous ones have had. However, more important than the name, is that it's available at launch. The next SSB MUST be available at launch. I'd say "or I won't get a Wii U", but I know I'd end up getting one anyway. :P

Chances are it won't be a launch title. Wii U comes out in 2012, and we are looking at 2013-2014 for a Smash release.

My main is typically Ike, though I do play one of the Links from time to time.Ckmc: I honestly don't think it will... I mean launch is next year unless they delay... And they haven't started on SSB4, last I heard...

Chances are it won't be a launch title. Wii U comes out in 2012, and we are looking at 2013-2014 for a Smash release.
Yup, my thoughts exactly. :biggrin:

Lacertus

I just started playing Brawl a month or so ago. My favorite characters to use would have to be Meta Knight, Sonic, Pikachu, and ROB. The latter two are probably my best. Pretty much everyone in my dorm plays, and the competition is fierce.

[Minion of Swertboss]

varakabz.png

Hello people, glad the forums are back, figuring out how to use them, cant wait for the new SSB, Anyone wanna play? I would like to see most of the main characters from Brawl return in the newer versions, and add a few characters such as: More Zelda charactersPaper Mario......I cant think of anymore.... ~PowerMiner~

Edited by PowerMiner

I can't wait for the new Super Smash Bros to come out. I have all of the previous installments. The only character that I really want to be in the new one is Link.

On that note, Wolf Link (& Midna?) should really be in SSB4. Seriously that would be awesome.

cholslegofursig.png

Latest MOC:

Ol' Dusty

Onu-Pakari Productions is making a Bionicle themed SSB. it wont be as good as the Wii game, but looking at their animation skills on ####### (about 13 seconds of tahu jumping a rahkshii) should be good.On topic, If Pikmin isnt in this game i will rage :P and some of their OLD OLD stuff like, some of their original nintendo stuffplus, if any of you have played Leiro X, they should do stuff like that.

axonn, trying to excape my signature

Untitled-2.gif

Onu-Pakari Productions is making a Bionicle themed SSB. it wont be as good as the Wii game, but looking at their animation skills on ####### (about 13 seconds of tahu jumping a rahkshii) should be good.On topic, If Pikmin isnt in this game i will rage :P and some of their OLD OLD stuff like, some of their original nintendo stuffplus, if any of you have played Leiro X, they should do stuff like that.

As advertised in my signature, I am making a BIONICLE themed Smash Bros., that will be as good as the Wii game (seeing as it plays on your Wii.)

Erm... I can't seem to get the link that I'm assuming is embedded with the image to work. That sounds interesting, however.What characters do you guys think might have a shot at getting into SSB4? I think at this point, the all stars are all but confirmed, so, we should pretty much expect Link, Mario, and the like. =P

Erm... I can't seem to get the link that I'm assuming is embedded with the image to work. That sounds interesting, however.

If you are talking to me (which I am sure you are), there is no link. I'm not sure why the image acts like a link when you place your courser over it. I'll add a link once I make the topic (which will be on the 24th.)

Erm... I can't seem to get the link that I'm assuming is embedded with the image to work. That sounds interesting, however.

If you are talking to me (which I am sure you are), there is no link. I'm not sure why the image acts like a link when you place your courser over it. I'll add a link once I make the topic (which will be on the 24th.)
Oooh. Now I understand. =P I was wondering what that date was for. ^_^; And yes, I was talking to you, sorry. And yeah, good question... I thought it might be the new thing Kakaru found, but I'm not sure... I don't know too much about that one yet.

I just started playing Brawl a month or so ago. My favorite characters to use would have to be Meta Knight, Sonic, Pikachu, and ROB. The latter two are probably my best. Pretty much everyone in my dorm plays, and the competition is fierce.

I want to be in your dorm. :3

What characters do you guys think might have a shot at getting into SSB4? I think at this point, the all stars are all but confirmed, so, we should pretty much expect Link, Mario, and the like. =P

The main characters from The Last Story, Pandora's Tower, and Xenoblade are the first ones that come to mind.. They'd seem like perfect choices for new characters, plus it'd be a few new IP's in Smash.

I hope they throw in Matthew and Sveta from Golden Sun Dark Dawn... Sveta would make an awesome brawler. Matthew could use psyenergy like the Issac trophy, for example.

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

Astro: Apparently Capcom and Nintendo thought each other was supposed to contact the other.And as sad as it may be, I dunno if we'll actually get Megaman this time either... Capcom seems intent on killing off everything Megaman but Zero, the merchandise, and comics. =/ Well, aside from re-releases, of course, they love those. =P There's the off chance we might, but after the year of fail Capcom's put Megaman fans through this year... I'm not getting my hopes up, at all. =PBen: I'd agree with that list, and half I don't know why they aren't in... But Cloud Strife would need to have a game on a Nintendo console first. And I haven't seen 7 on any Nintendo console yet. =P Would finally settle some stuff if some non-Nintendo console chars got into SSB4, or any similar crossover game, though.