Super Smash Bros.

Just A Dot

I used Jigglypuff to do event 51 in events in Melee.. :PTough...~PowerMiner~

I used Master Hand :PYou know, when I was bad at Smash. I later beat the event with Jiggs without a death, because I felt "cheating" to get that notification telling you that you cleared Event #51 without a fall was a major blemish on my record.Jigglypuff was only really "bad" in Smash Bros. 64. I mean, it's not good in Brawl, but it can be used, and it's actually pretty decent in Melee.

I was referring to Jigglypuff in Brawl, yeah. In Melee she's pretty good, haven't played Smash 64, but in Brawl she is just terrible. Maybe it's just me, but her Sing and Rest were nerfed so much that she lost a lot of KO potential. Her smashes are weak, along with most of her ground moves, and her aerials seem harder to land with Brawl's floatiness. Plus, her moves are slower than they were in Melee and combined with her generally small hitbox sizes makes her a bad character all the way around, IMO.Not to say I don't enjoy playing as her, however. She's pretty fun from time to time. She's just a bad character, I think.

overlordsukapon.png

Everyones moves are slower in Brawl.

Not necessarily. Bowser, for instance, was drop-dead slow in Melee. In Brawl, he was actually given buffs to be faster which included, but are not limited to, his walking speed, dashing speed, faster air speed, and quicker execution of most moves. Brawl is just floaty, meaning characters fall slower. While that can effect overall speed of characters(fast-falling quick follow-up combos or something of the like), it doesn't effect everything. Edited by Squishypony

overlordsukapon.png

Everyones moves are slower in Brawl.

Not necessarily. Bowser, for instance, was drop-dead slow in Melee. In Brawl, he was actually given buffs to be faster which included, but are not limited to, his walking speed, dashing speed, faster air speed, and quicker execution of most moves. Brawl is just floaty, meaning characters fall slower. While that can effect overall speed of characters(fast-falling quick follow-up combos or something of the like), it doesn't effect everything.
I know that characters are floaty, but in general, attacks seemed to be executed faster in Melee. I know there are some exceptions, like Bowser, but Brawl just seems slower overall.

@The Beninator: I honestly haven't hacked Brawl at all, it looks fun and cool, but I don't have the time to figure it all out.@iPenguin: The change in speed is huge when going from one version to another, I'm hoping the new one stays similar to Brawl though.

@The Beninator: I honestly haven't hacked Brawl at all, it looks fun and cool, but I don't have the time to figure it all out.@iPenguin: The change in speed is huge when going from one version to another, I'm hoping the new one stays similar to Brawl though.

Hacking's easy :PAnd I was hoping the speed would go back to Melee style, or at least something in between Brawl and Melee. It's just my personal preference that Brawl is a little too slow.

I did hack mine ages ago, back when the Twilight Hack worked. I do use some of the apps I've added. Netflix is always used. XDI haven't done any of the ones with Brawl, but some of them are pretty impressive.Have any of you guys fought any of the pro Smash Bros players?I've fought a few in my time, one of which destroyed me. He was a Falco player, and he won a few tournaments. Although, I did manage to beat a pro Pit player, and have an evenly matched battle with a Ness player, I was Lucas for that one. I know that I'm not the best, but I do want to try competing in an offical Brawl tounament.

I don't know any Brawl pros, but I'm better than absolutely everyone I know. I'd go online for a good challenge, but... THE LAG...I'd like to get into a pro Brawl tournament, but there are absolutely none around ANYWHERE. Everyone around here is into trading card games instead of video games, so there are no tournaments/gaming clubs/that sorta stuff... <_<

I did hack mine ages ago, back when the Twilight Hack worked. I do use some of the apps I've added. Netflix is always used. XDI haven't done any of the ones with Brawl, but some of them are pretty impressive.Have any of you guys fought any of the pro Smash Bros players?I've fought a few in my time, one of which destroyed me. He was a Falco player, and he won a few tournaments. Although, I did manage to beat a pro Pit player, and have an evenly matched battle with a Ness player, I was Lucas for that one. I know that I'm not the best, but I do want to try competing in an offical Brawl tounament.

How high is your definition of pro? :PI compete in lower level tournaments (nothing anyone would hear or really care about), and I perform pretty well. I was invited by one player to participate in a "real" tournament, but I couldn't attend. Apparently, this guy did very well there, and I destroy him with my Marth :D

My definition of pro is these are the people that win and attend the high level tournaments. These guys pushed me in battle. I thought I was good until I was crushed, especially because I usually beat my friends.As for the lag, it honestly doesn't bother me when I fight friends. I don't do random on it though. I can adjust to the lag online easily.When it comes to battling, I like doing some skill matches without items, but I still love how random things are with items. There have been some insane matches. XD

I consider myself a mediocre player in Brawl and a novice player in Melee. I usually only fight my sisters who I regularly win against.In Brawl I normally pick Random, but when I go serious I use Meta Knight, Lucario, and Bowser. I play without items, often timed matches(but I prefer Stock).In Melee, I almost exclusively play Mewtwo. That's pretty much it. =PJust thought you guys might want to know that or something. :wacko:

overlordsukapon.png

I singlehandly have crushed people with Yoshi. Tiers mean nothing to my pink Yoshi of death.

I was a beast with him in 64...but now eh... Mr. Game and Watch and Bowser in Brawl...But I hope I can play as ganon again in the next SSB... In SSBM I was a beast with him. The ruined everything I liked about him in brawl..

Gamers rise up, not down

I have a friend who is a beast with Ganondorf in Brawl. I thought he sucked until he crushed me a few times.

I also have a friend who plays as ganon.Did you know ganon has a 0-100 match-up against shiek and Ice climbers.Between pros, obviously. Edited by Shuma-Gorath

Gamers rise up, not down

• 4 weeks later...

I have a friend who is a beast with Ganondorf in Brawl. I thought he sucked until he crushed me a few times.

I also have a friend who plays as ganon.Did you know ganon has a 0-100 match-up against shiek and Ice climbers.Between pros, obviously.
Even most newbies I know realize Ganondork sucks.

Some people can work with Ganondorf, but MOST can't. That determines a "bad character"-though none is really bad. I had my ### whooped by someone from my school, who played as Ice Climbers, Olimar, Jigglypuff...beating me with all three. However, Olimar is only regarded as a bad character by casual players-some hardcore Brawlers like him. He's decent to me.

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

The thing about Olimar is that I don't know how to fight him. My first tournament, I lost (and in the final match!) to an Olimar player, mostly because I didn't know how to react to anything he did.EDIT: As of the 21st of February, work on Smash 4 has begun.

Edited by The Beninator