The Next Generation Of Kids

Protohuman

Now, I haven't watched the video, but on the topic of the laptop-thingie, I think this was both intelligent, and derp-y.Intelligent: He was punishing his daughter in a way that shows he was serious, and what she did was not acceptable. Derp-y: The Laptop's cost. He could have simply tooken away the laptop, deleted her stuff, and took it as his own / sold it. Would have been the same punishment, basicly.

you're looking at this as a teenager with no money, i'm assuming.
Heh, i'm always out of money so I tend to think all people are like me. *facepalm*

pNNgXax.jpg

Frankly, regarding the laptop thing, it doesn't matter whether you have money or not - blowing a couple of chunks of lead into upwards of $200 is not cool. Regardless of whether the physical destruction of something via gun is a reasonable punishment for the owner/user of that thing, the physical destruction of at least a couple of hundred dollars worth of electronics is wasteful, and just a little bit of a stupid thing to do.I will allow Didonchu's post to stand without comment, because there really are no words.

Edited by The Shadows Out of Time

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Two days before this post came along, this six-year-old claimed he could beat me even though I could easily kick his head loose! I never fought him (shoot), but I hope to one day to show him that the older kids rule supreme!

Excuse me but what the...? What kind of caveman are you? A small 6-year-old, a 6-year-old, is trying to mess with you and your first reaction is to beat him to a pulp? We can be thankful you didn't, but here you are, saying if you could do it again, you would. That's just perfect. An ignorant person who's violent and aggressive towards small children.

tumblr_n3nqpzvUrQ1qlzuomo1_500.gif

Never mind. There are words, it's just that none of them are very nice.If I had somebody "kick [my] head loose" every time I was a silly little sod when I was six, I'd be able to rotate my head like an owl at this point.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Now, please excuse my annoyingly pacifistic tendencies, but I just don't find it funny in the slightest that people resort to threats and anger over something so stupid and insignificant. Reminds me of this horrible movie my friend made me watch the other day. Final Destination 1. I've been wanting to rant over this movie for so long now, I think this is a perfect time, as it is a good example of what we're talking about.There are these students who are boarding a flight, and when they're on the plane, the main character has a vision. The vision foretold the plane's crash, and when he's conscious again, in addition to already having a serious phobia for planes, he freaks out and is obviously out of his mind and rendered... not capable of taking care of himself. One of the other students, a jock, has a fit and tries to beat him up. All the other persons on the plane have to break them up, because one is suffering from mania and the other is an ignorant moron who thinks it's appropriate to beat up someone who's suffering from hysteria (mania + hysteria = CRAZY).That's like beating someone up because they're in a wheelchair. Or because they're six years old.

Edited by The Change

All past generations frown upon the newer generations' way of lifeAll new generations blame the previous generation for everythingIt's a never-ending cycle

Well, in my opinion (Which is normally contridicting and unthought-out) it's the morals.Without morals, and a moral compass, you just... do what you want, and the ends justify the means.This is extremely true these days. As mention before, I also believe that what kids see, hear, and watch effects them massively, and it isn't at all encourging when I see four year olds playing Black Ops and MW3, Watching Aliens, Friday the 13th, and listening to people such as Lady Gaga.

To reiterate - kids will be kids.The people you're complaining about now will complain about other people later.

Ditto.Kids just are kids, amorphous beings who just wait years to become someone like the older ones, always trying to find out what do they really want to become. They're just trying to give a form to themselves. It's obvious they act like this sometimes, but, yeah, there's also the group of those who really annoy everyone without caring of it. And those ones really need a lesson on behaving well. How, the judge of the moment decides this.----- Lord of the Rings -----Titles: Dark Lord, Lord of Mordor, Lord of Gifts, Lord of Barad-Dûr, Lord of the Earth

Two days before this post came along, this six-year-old claimed he could beat me even though I could easily kick his head loose! I never fought him (shoot), but I hope to one day to show him that the older kids rule supreme!

You've clearly never been struck by someone larger then you for something stupid. You and people who think like you are whats wrong with this earth.

FINISH HIM!

Excuse me but what the...?What kind of caveman are you? A small 6-year-old, a 6-year-old, is trying to mess with you and your first reaction is to beat him to a pulp?We can be thankful you didn't, but here you are, saying if you could do it again, you would.That's just perfect. An ignorant person who's violent and aggressive towards small children.

...As people have said before, this is...disturbing. To say the very least.

You've clearly never been struck by someone larger then you for something stupid. You and people who think like you are whats wrong with this earth.
Come on guys, I'm sure he was kidding.Anyway, this new generation sucks. I partly blame the "don't care what other people think" parents. Sometimes, you should just shut up/ Edited by Rarity

Frankly, regarding the laptop thing, it doesn't matter whether you have money or not - blowing a couple of chunks of lead into upwards of $200 is not cool. Regardless of whether the physical destruction of something via gun is a reasonable punishment for the owner/user of that thing, the physical destruction of at least a couple of hundred dollars worth of electronics is wasteful, and just a little bit of a stupid thing to do.

eugh, what a boring perspective.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

If you really want to turn things on people this topic shows just how bad the "current generation" is. They've never had a real job, had to pay bills and most of them aren't even in college but they apparently not only know their superior to their little brothers but they also think they know better then the parents.

Come on guys, I'm sure he was kidding.

He wasn't kidding either, he just wasn't serious. Which is a lovely irony, because it proves that he has the same problems as the kid he got annoyed over. Doesn't know when to shut up. I think it's lovely when kids try to make themselves look bigger! It gives you an opportunity to make them laugh! You can say "Oh yeah?!" and then proceed to tickle them. It's harmless and positive (unless you're a grown man or woman).

eugh, what a boring perspective.

Be that as it may, I agree with the "boring" perspective.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

As do I agree with the boring perspective.In an economy where millions are finding it hard to so much as get a job, with millions more just barely getting by, some derp utterly ruining $200+ worth of stuff is... somewhat maddening. If he had been willing to take so much as an hour he could of wiped the harddrive and given it to a charity organization that would give it to some kid somewhere who'd actually of used it. Instead, he fills it with lead.His daughter behaved horribly, for sure, but his reaction to it is just... disgusting in my opinion, when you factor in all the good that could of come from it.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

If you really want to turn things on people this topic shows just how bad the "current generation" is. They've never had a real job, had to pay bills and most of them aren't even in college but they apparently not only know their superior to their little brothers but they also think they know better then the parents.

Because that is entirely different from every previous generation ever.Yup.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

so destructive things don't need to be destroyed, is the consensus. its better to capture an alien and lock it away and hope nobody ever finds it and hope it stops killing your people after a few years than just killing it now.

He wasn't kidding either, he just wasn't serious. Which is a lovely irony, because it proves that he has the same problems as the kid he got annoyed over. Doesn't know when to shut up. I think it's lovely when kids try to make themselves look bigger! It gives you an opportunity to make them laugh! You can say "Oh yeah?!" and then proceed to tickle them. It's harmless and positive (unless you're a grown man or woman).

let's hop off our pedestals for a second and reexamine the situation. are you trying to say that you've never been infuriated by a kid? or anybody, for that matter? being frustrated by a peer to the point of wanting to attack them is no different than attacking a six year old, other than the fact that the six year old can better defend himself. but having said that, what business does a six year old have with any sort of offense? are we forgetting that parents spanked or otherwise beat their children, just up until a few years ago, and this was completely normal? may i remind you that this entire thread was created because of a dissatisfaction of the current generation, compared to the one that -was- physically disciplined?don't take my words out of context, i'm not suggesting he go beat up that six year old, i'm just saying that it isn't very 'disgusting' at all to want to vent. did anybody get hurt because he said he exaggerated a response on the internet? no. Edited by ~JC~

Erm, not entirely sure what the destructive things are that should/should not be destroyed, but that might be the stupidest analogy ever.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Oh, let me count the ways.1. Small children aren't aliens. -a. They aren't killing our people.2. Nobody's suggesting locking anything/anyone up and hoping nobody will find it.3. An alien roflstomping humanity would be a new thing. -a. Unlike children, which have existed for a while.4. I don't recall anyone actually saying "destructive things don't need to be destroyed." -a. They did, however, say that you shouldn't fill your laptop full of lead.On to your other "point," it might interest you to know that parents spanking their children has in no way phased out of existence. Some people don't do it, and that's fine. Other people do it, which is also fine. No psychological research really supports the idea that if you don't spank your kids they'll turn into aliens roflstomping humanity, any more than they will if you do spank your kids.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

no need to insult the analogy, even if it's a thing we commonly do to what we don't understand. i'll bite it would've helped if i had clarified with a quote or whatnot in the first half of my post, which was directed at the laptop discussion. my analogy had nothing to do with the part beginning after the quote.

In the 50's people thought rock music was satanic and would corrupt you for some absurd reasons. The kid/teen generation in the 50s were thought as naive, stupid and out-of-control in one way or another by the previous one.Same story here.And if you think the current generation is stupid, look at your old BZP posts while trying not to admit that you were stupid as well. I definately was.Also this topic shows that the demographic of BZP consists of almost no kids.

Majhost sucks

Because that is entirely different from every previous generation ever.Yup.
that-was-the-sarcastic-point.jpg

Who said I was kidding? Whenever I'm underestimated, the person faces a minor (or bigger) consequence. Why did it become this way, you ask? Long story.

You're a 13-year-old. I would jump to the conclusion that you're bullied, and bitter because of it. Listen to this: EVERYONE has been bullied. You're not the only one. It's not special, I know how you feel. And I still don't act out against others. In fact, I help people with their problems, since I've had many. I wasn't much older than you when my best friend died. I still didn't act out against others. I wasn't angry. Anger is a useless emotion. Just like fear. Fear paralyzes you, anger blinds you. It's good to get frustrated with things, because it means you want to change things. It's good to be afraid of something, 'cause it helps you not get in trouble. Of course, this morality tale means nothing when you beat up someone who's half your age and size. Don't be violent. EDIT: I apologize in advance for mentioning my friend, I know it makes people awkward and I know it seems whiny, but I think it's a relevant point. Edited by The Change

Who said I was kidding? Whenever I'm underestimated, the person faces a minor (or bigger) consequence. Why did it become this way, you ask? Long story.

It's funny that you're complaining about being underestimated. The main reason people made this thread was to complain about kid's thinking they are better then they are. You're thirteen, and in many people's eyes still a child, but I'm not going to hold it against you. You'll get older.

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

HAHVF.gif NVnzf.gif B8pNV.gif 8qwI0.gif rg6F2.gif ItljY.gif UOJS7.gif lQn0K.gif X1bBI.gif 035db.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

You're a 13-year-old. I would jump to the conclusion that you're bullied, and bitter because of it. Listen to this: EVERYONE has been bullied. You're not the only one. It's not special, I know how you feel. agreed. but let's pretend he can do something about it. it's natural to want to hit your bully. it's not disgusting or angsty at all- choosing not to is what seperates a bully from the bullied.And I still don't act out against others. In fact, I help people with their problems, since I've had many. I wasn't much older than you when my best friend died. I still didn't act out against others. I wasn't angry. Anger is a useless emotion. Just like fear. Fear paralyzes you, anger blinds you. It's good to get frustrated with things, because it means you want to change things. It's good to be afraid of something, 'cause it helps you not get in trouble.disagree. frustration is what happens when you want to change something, but can't. anger is what motivates you to. anger is what gives you strength. it's a testament to your person as to what you do with it; how you control it. people who can swallow their anger use its strength very well. people who can't do the next best thing: vent and put up with it. the only option left is changing the situation. i can understand wanting to prevent him from moving backwards from stage 2 to stage 3, Of course, this morality tale means nothing when you beat up someone who's half your age and size. Don't be violent. EDIT: I apologize in advance for mentioning my friend, I know it makes people awkward and I know it seems whiny, but I think it's a relevant point. i wouldn't say whiny.
@above: how is it funny? that's just as pretentious as mr 'i skimmed your analogy so its stupid! hurrhurrhurr' up there.it actually brings up an interesting point, though. i know a few of you are legal adults, but how many of you are kids? or teenagers? what makes you criticize like you do? Edited by ~JC~

I didn't skim the analogy, I read the whole thing. It just applies very poorly to the situation.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I think we should worry more about communicating with them about civil rights and stuff. In these hectic times where there's a lot of stuff happening everywhere all at the same time, I think it would be easy for kids to get confused. "What's right and what's wrong?". Therefore, setting good examples is critical. At least, I think so. I wouldn't worry too much about what games they play.

Yeah, the video game thing is a really stupid thing to be disappointed in people about, partly because the quality of video games is subjective, mostly because it just doesn't matter very much.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

by bad game do you mean its not quality enough? or it's a negative influence?

Both. Parents should pay way more attention to the ratings on he box and be subjective. "Do I really want my child blowing fidel castro's face off?"Do I really want this game, which desensitises you from killing, to be played by my children?

I wouldn't worry too much about what games they play.

Considering these people will be MAKING games in about 10-15 years, I worry. Not to mention all the people that eat up COD now who will start making games eventually. Edited by Shuma-Gorath

Gamers rise up, not down

The current ratings system is broken and doesn't really tell anyone anything. Both in movies AND in games.It's a world where Half Life 2 (where the only offender is just the fact that you shoot things and it's scary) can get the same rating as Duke Nukem Forever (Where you can... yeah, I don't need to go into the details)It's also a world where movies like Saving Private Ryan (an inspirational if bloody story about never giving up on your comrades) can get the same rating as Borat (Again, no need to go into bloody detail)...I don't want to live in this world anymore

Excuse me but what the...? What kind of caveman are you?
I deeply resent that.

mindeth the cobwebs

I think we should worry more about communicating with them about civil rights and stuff. In these hectic times where there's a lot of stuff happening everywhere all at the same time, I think it would be easy for kids to get confused. "What's right and what's wrong?". Therefore, setting good examples is critical. At least, I think so. I wouldn't worry too much about what games they play.

I believe that media gives children examples. Watch children under five or four, and you'll see and hear them playing "Spider-man" or something of that sort, and acting like him/her. As children grow older, I believe what they see still influnces them in that way, they just act because of it in a different way. For example, a 11 year old playing CoD (A high-quality game, but it deserves the M rating), and then goes outside with a friend and they have fun with nerf guns (Or paintball). Now, it doesn't seem violent, but i've seen kids get very serious, angry, and violent when playing with make-believe weapons, and act like they're attempting to kill, not have fun.But whatever. I could be wrong. :P

pNNgXax.jpg

While I won't argue that Civil Rights is an important issue, I think that there are more important things that my children should learn at a young age. Things like Civil Rights should be learned when a child is older and able to understand what you're talking about. Now, what those things are would vary by the parent, especially religious leanings, but still, teaching basic behavioral norms: sharing, kindness, blahdeblah you know what I mean.But even then, the games that they play can be very very critical in their outlook on the world. I would worry about my seven year old child playing Duke Nukem Forever, because, simply, I don't want him learning those kinds of things. I mean, same with games that I play, like TF2, which is a fairly innocent (if cartoonishly bloody) game, I wouldn't have my really young kid playing it. (I would use a game that has bad civil right references here, but the game industry is so overparanoid about that that no one... WAIT RESIDENT EVIL 5 hahaha how could I forget)

Yeah, the video game thing is a really stupid thing to be disappointed in people about, partly because the quality of video games is subjective, mostly because it just doesn't matter very much.

The quality isn't the issue, though. The issue is what the game contains. I know that a lot of teens (like me) tend to downplay the effect of the content in games, but it does affect you, even if you don't go and shoot a school full of people the next day. For me, it sticks in my head and I can't think of other things. But it does really affect people, especially the very young, when their minds are more pliable. When you get older, your morals and your opinions solidify, and you know that you can't just go out and shoot people for no good reason (not that young children do that, of course).Also I find it hilarious that just about everyone who's posting here is the true "next generation". I don't call you a generation until you start reproducing, and our generation has barely begun :P

i know a few of you are legal adults, but how many of you are kids? or teenagers? what makes you criticize like you do?

I pay taxes, and I live entirely off of my own income. And I think the lot of you are nuts./opinion
Isn't that kind of obvious, though? If I wasn't nuts, I wouldn't bother to say anything on whether Call of Duty is pulling a Socrates and corrupting the youth. (Pretty good chance it isn't, by the way.)

We will remember

We all shall follow doom