Toa To Matoran Explanation

If some random fool were to accidentally give a random Matoran a Toa Stone, they would probably end up as a Toa. (But I've never heard of that happening..)

Well, there is the fact that Teridax attempted to get Lhikan to select the wrong Matoran to become Toa and thought he succeeded in this. So at least Teridax thought such a thing was possible. That could have been just his ego convincing him he could defy Destiny (and he didn't, in the end); but then again, Mata Nui and the Order went to great lengths to make sure the right Matoran were selected, so they seemed to be aware of the possibility. And it would make sense from a physiological perspective, since I don't see why Toa Energy would work the same way as EP and only affect destined individuals.On a related topic, any ideas how the transformation from Toa to Turaga is determined? I've never seen this discussed before. The mental image idea wouldn't seem to apply, since the Turaga the Toa Metru were the most familiar with was Turaga Dume, and yet they all transformed into forms with very different heights and head positions, at least if we go by the sets.
Certain Matoran are destined to be a Toa, so no, Matoran won't just randomly turn into Toa. Ex: when Takanuva put his mask on Takua of the alternate universe, he did not become a Toa.And as for the Toa to Turaga, due to the lack of Toa energy the body's muscle's shrink back down, but not all the way back to Matoran size, and since the Toa unit has served it's purpose, it's armor shrinks as well. They still have power left, but not as strong. Edited by Toa Lapaka

What are we searching for? Are we searching for anything or just randomly surfing the internet? I did that once. I found this bionicle fan site called bzpower. Whoever made it had no decorating sense what so ever.

If some random fool were to accidentally give a random Matoran a Toa Stone, they would probably end up as a Toa. (But I've never heard of that happening..)

Well, there is the fact that Teridax attempted to get Lhikan to select the wrong Matoran to become Toa and thought he succeeded in this. So at least Teridax thought such a thing was possible. That could have been just his ego convincing him he could defy Destiny (and he didn't, in the end); but then again, Mata Nui and the Order went to great lengths to make sure the right Matoran were selected, so they seemed to be aware of the possibility. And it would make sense from a physiological perspective, since I don't see why Toa Energy would work the same way as EP and only affect destined individuals.On a related topic, any ideas how the transformation from Toa to Turaga is determined? I've never seen this discussed before. The mental image idea wouldn't seem to apply, since the Turaga the Toa Metru were the most familiar with was Turaga Dume, and yet they all transformed into forms with very different heights and head positions, at least if we go by the sets.
Certain Matoran are destined to be a Toa, so no, Matoran won't just randomly turn into Toa. Ex: when Takanuva put his mask on Takua of the alternate universe, he did not become a Toa.And as for the Toa to Turaga, due to the lack of Toa energy the body's muscle's shrink back down, but not all the way back to Matoran size, and since the Toa unit has served it's purpose, it's armor shrinks as well. They still have power left, but not as strong.
I have to say i believe the only reason why it did not transform the alternate takua is because what ever energy was in the mask of light that transformed main reality takua/takanuva was used up to transform him. think about it a toa stone cannot transform another matoran when used up unless another toa recharged it.That is what i think took place. it's not like the avhokii was meant to be used an infinite amount of time it was meant to be used one the toa of light not multiple toa of light. But that is just my opinion.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

An ordinary Toa Transformation would be their mental image of a Toa. An abnormal (COUGH INIKA/MAHRI COUGH) one would cause differences, but still basically the same since Toa is a species. Both always seem to transform or create a Toa Tool, which can bear resemblance to what it used to be, or be something completely different and unrecognizable altogether. :PKNI, your idea makes sense but I think it's incorrect, at least that's what BS01 tells me. A Toa Stone or whatever used to transform a Toa can be used on any Matoran. (Unless it's destiny-specific) Destiny just guides them to the Toa Stone or whatever. If some random fool were to accidentally give a random Matoran a Toa Stone, they would probably end up as a Toa. (But I've never heard of that happening..)As for the Matoran randomly thinking a Toa looks like something ridiculous...my guess is that they'd end up looking like a basic Toa template. (Like the Mata, who first appeared without armor) Just a guess though.

Yes, but the Mata are a special case...they never were Matoran. They look like what Artahka wanted them to look like.

I think the Avohkii was a special case. But a Toa Stone, no. Otherwise Mata Nui wouldn't have given a Muaka dropping about Makuta trying to hand the stones to the wrong Matoran.

Mata Nui determines the destinies of beings created in the MU. That's another special case; a spin-about circle of destiny...Mata Nui destined the right Matoran to become Toa, destined the Makuta to interfere, and influenced the Matoran to plant signs pointing to the wrong ones by using the stars. And people say Mata Nui doesn't pay attention to his insides...:)

And people say Mata Nui doesn't pay attention to his insides...

I thought it was said the Order did most of that, maybe bringing the "here's what we think you should do" to Mata Nui so he did the final step, but I don't think he was paying attention himself to what was going on inside him. And Greg's the one who said that. :P

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

And people say Mata Nui doesn't pay attention to his insides...

I thought it was said the Order did most of that, maybe bringing the "here's what we think you should do" to Mata Nui so he did the final step, but I don't think he was paying attention himself to what was going on inside him. And Greg's the one who said that. :P
I got the large impression that it was the other way around, that the Order were Mata Nui's servants. Of course, that was before we knew about the "Makuta-neglect" business. And the Order doesn't create destiny, Mata Nui does. They don't move the stars. I guess Mata Nui assigning destiny, however, is like me moving my fingers to type this...each time I move my finger, I cause thousands of different biologic processes in my hand, 'destining' cells to be used for motion, other cells to deliver oxygen to my hand, without my thinking about it. But it is still difficult to imagine that each of those cells which I have just "destined" has a mind of its own, because it doesn't, at least as far as I know. I think it is difficult for people to imagine the MU like that, because we have seen into the complex personalities and destinies of the beings there from their perspective first, and it is really hard for me to imagine something as complex as that to be as simple as...(this a part of his mind)...me deciding what to post here.Perspective, not reality. And as for the 'people' comment, that's a figure of speech, referring to the people in the MU, most specifically Makuta. Sorry for the confusion. :)

Yes, I know they're his servants. I mean, since he didn't want to pay attention, he hired them to do that for him and then report back to him with their conclusions as to how he should affect destiny. Otherwise arguably he wouldn't have needed an Order to begin with.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

My theory is that matoran destined to become toa have a small chamber inside them, harder than protosteel, that can only be broken with toa energy. The power in the toa stone is channeled through the shrine or mask, and breaks open this chamber. It contains a full amount of toa energy, and mutagenic viruses (like the makuta use) that change the shape of the matoran to a toa. When a toa becomes a turaga, they loose all their toa energy and virus, reverting them to a matoran like state (seriously, they are the same size as matoran), but the power residue and mental capacitys stay, allowing useage of noble masks.

Edited by Chuck the Toa of crazyness

The Chirox Codex

Chuck's Very Dead Comic Series

:smilehafu: This is my signature. Exciting, huh?  :ruru:

Chuck, your theory is brilliant! I would totally love to give that a Gold Key to Nongu award, except I've never done that for theories not having their own topics.... So... if you want to make a new topic for it, I give permission. :)Chaos, it probably depends on the Matoran's mindset about it, but spines would make sense to me. As discussed earlier the rules about Toa Tools seem less simple; we could presume that the Toa Tools are (usually anyways) whatever tools already exist and can be found. I think... But yeah, IF it can make new tools too, then the staff thing is also reasonable. Even if they must find/obtain tools themselves, they would be likely to pick a staff.

My theory is that matoran destined to become toa have a small chamber inside them, harder than protosteel, that can only be broken with toa energy. The power in the toa stone is channeled through the shrine or mask, and breaks open this chamber. It contains a full amount of toa energy, and mutagenic viruses (like the makuta use) that change the shape of the matoran to a toa. When a toa becomes a turaga, they loose all their toa energy and virus, reverting them to a matoran like state (seriously, they are the same size as matoran), but the power residue and mental capacitys stay, allowing useage of noble masks.

uh i just want to correct you on one thing: that turaga and matoran are not the same size storyline wise and but yes the newer matoran sets are the same size or taller. that is one thing i really really hate that almost all the matoran sets are taller than the turaga when the turaga are suppose to be taller and the simple fact that they almost quit making turaga. those 2 things just really irk my cookies.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Chuck, your theory is brilliant! I would totally love to give that a Gold Key to Nongu award, except I've never done that for theories not having their own topics.... So... if you want to make a new topic for it, I give permission. :)Chaos, it probably depends on the Matoran's mindset about it, but spines would make sense to me. As discussed earlier the rules about Toa Tools seem less simple; we could presume that the Toa Tools are (usually anyways) whatever tools already exist and can be found. I think... But yeah, IF it can make new tools too, then the staff thing is also reasonable. Even if they must find/obtain tools themselves, they would be likely to pick a staff.

So wait, your giving him a key for baisically explaining everything I've said on this topic? gees, does anyone read my posts...Baisically the only thing he said different from what I said is that he added the word Virus which would only effect the armor if it was, like I've said, ORGANIC. That is literally the only explanation left other than the nano bots which, let's face it, is a huge longshot, especially since their are several species made with Protodermis that do grow and do mate in the MU. Edited by Toa Lapaka

What are we searching for? Are we searching for anything or just randomly surfing the internet? I did that once. I found this bionicle fan site called bzpower. Whoever made it had no decorating sense what so ever.