Pokoroproductions Drawing

Crunchyn

A drawing I did for PoKoroProductions.UPDATE: Colored Versionhttp://flic.kr/p/bwg9jFpekaiconcept.jpg2H pencil and 005 Pigma Micron Pen, 2 HoursThe mask is the Mask of Rebounding. I started off with a gesture and started constructing but halfway through I started using just the Micron because I like the style that it was giving me :)Enjoy!

Edited by CrunchbiteNuva

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

I think its EPIC. Words cannot describe its true level of awesomeness!!! On a more descriptive level, i think the mask is very good considering there is only one other picture in existence. Well done my friend!PKP :PEDIT by Hahli Husky: However, please use more than just a bundle of generic words when commenting on someone's work, otherwise you're just spamming. Thanks.

Edited by Po Koro Productions
PM me to give me your ideas for my story or email them to me at awsomejack118@yahoo.co.uk!!!

Well then.This is very, very excellently done. The character is really set accurate, yet has a different feel to it.I'm not really a fan of the neck, though. Compared to the rest of the upper body, it seems to long.But maybe that's because the Nuva torso.

Laughing_Man_Icon_by_CoyoteTracks.gif

Does anyone want to play the Master Chief Collection with me? I'm trying to get a team going for ranked. PM for GT.

I like the layers of line work, I was so busy looking at that that I didn't notice anything awkward for a few minutes. Particularly, the staff doesn't seem to interact with the form well (he's standing like the staff isn't there), and the foot facing toward the viewer seems a little off. I'm glad you didn't overdo the color in the colored version, though I might have reduced it to one or two colors. Overall good job.GNG

Shading, some more shading, then much more shading.... after that add a little extra shading: this is usually what I normally do with my pieces, and they still do not turn even half as good as this. I mean seriously, what type of pencil or pen did you use to shade or ink with this because I can only do so much with a sketching utensil. I am overtly impressed -- actually amazed that one could actually create a sense of depth with use of such heavy inking.You sir have a gift... and I have only amazement at it. It is amazing there is such concept artistry as this for Pokoro-Productions (is that supposed to be like the BNG project, or something else?). I can say after that is you have an eye for great detail and proportions in this piece. And besides that, the shading is the most suburb part of this.And you said this was done in 2 hours? Did you do this in literally two straight hours or did you take two hours over a long period of time to make this? Really, it doesn't matter, for this is too awesome to pass down.Keep it up, since this is already reach the stars and higher. So keep shooting, cus' you may actually land a strong career in illustrating.

-Toa Deserok

malum.gif

Banner Proudly made by Maxilos.Bolso.

And also please read my epic "Disgrace Amongst the Skrall and my review topic for it (Clicky), and another short story, Reaping of Sown Sorrows. Another epic of mine, Cold Dawn, is available for reading, as well as reviewing.

Thanks!

"Sometimes what came out was wonderful, and sometimes it wasn't, because human beings do not achieve greatness with every effort. If they did, greatness would be pedestrian."

-Greg Farshtey

Shading, some more shading, then much more shading.... after that add a little extra shading: this is usually what I normally do with my pieces, and they still do not turn even half as good as this. I mean seriously, what type of pencil or pen did you use to shade or ink with this because I can only do so much with a sketching utensil. I am overtly impressed -- actually amazed that one could actually create a sense of depth with use of such heavy inking.You sir have a gift... and I have only amazement at it. It is amazing there is such concept artistry as this for Pokoro-Productions (is that supposed to be like the BNG project, or something else?). I can say after that is you have an eye for great detail and proportions in this piece. And besides that, the shading is the most suburb part of this.And you said this was done in 2 hours? Did you do this in literally two straight hours or did you take two hours over a long period of time to make this? Really, it doesn't matter, for this is too awesome to pass down.Keep it up, since this is already reach the stars and higher. So keep shooting, cus' you may actually land a strong career in illustrating.

-Toa Deserok

Thanks a lot :)This wasn't really for BNG, but several modelers want to take a crack at modeling this [i know for sure the spear has been modeled and there's a vid of it being modeled on a certain site] and I did this in one sitting. I still don't get how I got into the shading on this, I usually only go in one direction, I swear it's the Micron Pen I was using, but I also have been doing some pen studies from some really good pen and ink illustrators like Charles Dana Gibson and Michael M. Kaluta.A very recent tip my painting instructor gave me for rendering: place the paper on a board and have it at a 45 degree angle. Have your hand on the board with your pinkie resting on that and use your whole arm [including wrist] and do a back and forth feathering motion. The pen/pencil should be gripped very tightly such that someone can't pull it from your hand. And the best I can explain this is that the 45 angle is the best way so that both ends of a mark you make will fade out, giving you consistent blending capacity. Edited by CrunchbiteNuva

• 2 weeks later...

Great work! The dark scratchy lines give it a very unique feel. The only downside is the mask; it lacks expression.somehow i like the B&W version better than the coloured version...-Dwanny

This was a set-style drawing, I wasn't going for facial expression on the mask. Mask=Mask=covers face.

• 2 weeks later...