1.jpg

^click for gallery(when public)^

Alright, I've finally remade this guy. Not really much to say, besides I hope it's better than before and I'm sorry the photos are terrible.

blah it looks better in real life

overlordsukapon.png

aaah, I seesaaa great improvementNice legs. o_oYap, this whole thing looks pretty awesome now. The legs especially. Arms are good too ofc - the style all mingles together nicely. Those blue pins on the legs make me pull out my hair though, not sure what you could do about them.

sigpic2.png

My new favorite part is the legs. Those are way better than last time. They're solid, good looking, and they match the body much better, because of how mechanical they look.I'd like to see new feet, and I'd get rid of those metru lower legs, as they seem a bit contrary to the rest of the build. But the rest of the legs are great.The torso is still nice. The pilot's legs are still exposed, but he does look a lot more protected than last time. The rollcage helps a lot there. Nice work with that tubing, too.I think the arms are the only area that haven't kept up with the rest. They are a bit better than before, but they have big holes in them and they don't look as mechanical as the rest. If you followed your leg technique on the arms, that would probably help a lot.Anyway, great work, Squish. I like it a lot and you've really improved it, so well done.

This is a significant improvement over your old Exosuit. I like the openable rollcage quite a bit.There are definitely quite a bit of gears here - it looks like you were going for a clockwork look, but abandoned that about halfway. They don't look too bad, per se, but some seem a little superfluous.I can't say that I'm digging those arms, specifically the lower portion of them. The pre-bentness of them, as well as the gap, just doesn't go well with the rest of it. (I like the inclusion of Vahki staffs, though. They're hard to use in pretty much any other capacity.)I'm not sure what the Metru legs are doing on the foot area. They serve to interrupt the mechanical flow - if there's any other way to build them, you should. The feet don't bother me too much, though.(A minor point of concern would be the openness of the legs. Building up more protection there would be ideal.)Oh, and props for using the Technic fig. I want to get my hands on one of them - those things look awesome.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

aaah, I seesaaa great improvementNice legs.o_oYap, this whole thing looks pretty awesome now. The legs especially. Arms are good too ofc - the style all mingles together nicely. Those blue pins on the legs make me pull out my hair though, not sure what you could do about them.

Thanks, and about the blue pins: I could probably replace them with black ones, but I only have, like, two of those. So It's be hard to find. Maybe I should order some more of those...

I think the arms are the only area that haven't kept up with the rest. They are a bit better than before, but they have big holes in them and they don't look as mechanical as the rest. If you followed your leg technique on the arms, that would probably help a lot.

I have to admit that the arms are definitely the worst part of this guy. They are open and don't fit in the feel with the body and legs. Coincidentally(or not), those were the last things I designed. That's probably my biggest problem as a MOCist: I usually rush the last details. Guh.But thanks!

I'm not sure what the Metru legs are doing on the foot area. They serve to interrupt the mechanical flow - if there's any other way to build them, you should. The feet don't bother me too much, though.(A minor point of concern would be the openness of the legs. Building up more protection there would be ideal.)

The Metru Legs don't really bother me, but I could almost certainly remove them and feel no remorse in doing so. The feet also don't bother me that much, but they also don't seem to flow with the rest, IMO. I think I got really lazy there or something.The legs... do seem a bit open. How did I not notice that they were so open? Great, now that's going to be bothering me. HURRR ANOTHER GREAT TESTAMENT TO MY INTELLIGENCE AND EYESIGHTThanks anyway, though! I always appreciate comments.

overlordsukapon.png

The legs... do seem a bit open. How did I not notice that they were so open? Great, now that's going to be bothering me. HURRR ANOTHER GREAT TESTAMENT TO MY INTELLIGENCE AND EYESIGHT

I actually really like the legs/hips like that. And in fact, the wide hips make a lot of sense here. The body on this mech is big and broad and heavy looking, so in order to balance properly the mech is going to need wide hips.

The legs... do seem a bit open. How did I not notice that they were so open? Great, now that's going to be bothering me. HURRR ANOTHER GREAT TESTAMENT TO MY INTELLIGENCE AND EYESIGHT

I actually really like the legs/hips like that. And in fact, the wide hips make a lot of sense here. The body on this mech is big and broad and heavy looking, so in order to balance properly the mech is going to need wide hips.
lol no, I thought Sumiki meant the pilot's legs, which look uncovered.

overlordsukapon.png

• 2 weeks later...

It kind of reminds me of a potbellied Boxor. Nice job, though. The beams on the arms look a bit too square, maybe some axels and couplings would do better. It definitely looks very retro and mechanical.

Thanks for the comment, and yes, I already know those arms are terrible and if(when) I ever remake this remake they will be changed drastically.

overlordsukapon.png

• 2 weeks later...