Elemental powers that should be sub-powers

Hi, guys. In Bionicle, there are 17 elements, and they are fire, water, air, ice, stone, earth, lightning, magnetism, plant life, Sonics, plasma, gravity, iron, Psionics, light, shadow, and sand. Well, some of these elements are similar. Some people seem to act confused about them or whatever. Well, if you look at Nickelodeon’s Avatar shows, you can see that there are some powers that are sub-powers of the four main elements (fire, water, air, and earth). Even vacuum is a sub-power of air, which is understandable. 

So, here’s what I think the sub-powers for Bionicle’s elements should be: 
1. Fire - Plasma (they are both hot) 
2. Water - Water 
3. Air - Air (includes vacuum) 
4. Earth - Stone, Sand (they are all rocks) 
5. Ice - Ice (I wanted to make it a part of water since it is a frozen form of water, but ice is kind of different) 
6. Lightning - Lightning (I wanted to make it a part of Fire (both fry things), water (both involve storms), or air (both involve clouds), but lightning is very different) 
7. Magnetism - Iron (they are both metal. I would believe that metal would be a part of earth, but it’s very different) 
8. Plant Life - Plant Life (I wanted to make it a part of earth since plants come from the earth, but plant life is very different) 
9. Sonics - Sonics 
10. Gravity - Gravity 
11. Psionics - Psionics 
12. Light - Light 
13. Shadow - Shadow (well, Shadow and Light could be in the same power because both involve energy, like Lloyd’s powers from Ninjago, but they are opposites) 

You guys understand and agree with what I said?

Edited by Lenny7092
Did a little edit.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

This is a very slippery slope, especially since you appear to be combining the lists of MU Elemental Powers and the Bara Magna tribes. 

There's already a surprising amount of overlap between some of these powers in canon, (especially when you take into account other element users like Rahkshi, or the way some of these powers were depicted in G2), to such an extent that it could almost be argued that just about anything could be a sub-power of something else.

As some examples, Toa Lhikan once created ice by drawing all of the heat out of a body of water. Ko-Toa can turn water into ice, so it's probably not a stretch to imagine that a Ga-Toa could manage the reverse. Po-Toa can turn earth and sand into stone, and vice-versa. Rahkshi of Magnetism can also control stone by manipulating the trace metals in the rock. Weather Control also has a lot of overlap with Toa elements, namely Air and Water. 

If I were to condense and rearrange some of the elements, I'd probably lump Earth, Stone, Sand, and Crystal (a common power in fanon projects, and something often associated with Earth in G2) into one power. I'd move lightning up as a new Primary power, and get rid of Iron (I think Magnetism is the more nuanced and interesting power) so that there'd then be an equal number of Primary and Secondary elements in the MU (Light and Shadow being their own category).

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

• 2 weeks later...

Magnetism is not metal, but it should be a sub-power of Lightning.

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/14/2023 at 4:21 PM, Nato G said:

Po-Toa can turn earth and sand into stone, and vice-versa. Rahkshi of Magnetism can also control stone by manipulating the trace metals in the rock.

Where did you get this from?

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

12 minutes ago, Lorentz said:

Where did you get this from?

BS01. I chased down the citations just now to make sure it wasn't someone taking liberties with minor feats, but both examples are pretty clear-cut. In Maze Of Shadows, Onewa causes an entity made of rock to crumble to dust, then reforms the remains back into a solid boulder. And in the Toa Nuva Blog Pohatu causes every stone in TSO's fortress to turn to dust. 

The various stages of Kraata powers listed in Makuta's Guide to the Universe make several mentions of Rahkshi/Kraata of Magnetism being able to manipulate rock to an extent. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar