The Hunger Games!

I just finished reading the first book! Pure legitness!!! :P I can't wait for March 23rd( the movie) and to read the last two books!!! Amazing plot! Fantastic characters!! And I just love the "Star-crossed lovers" (: thoughts,comments?! Tell me what you think of the trilogy!!RCF

Edited by Republic Commando Fixer

doctor-who_season-7_doctor-matt-smith_clara-oswin-jenna-louise-coleman1.jpg?w=346&h=230

Haven't read any of the books, but I'm planning on doing so soon. I have a friend who hates reading but loves these books, so I figure they must be decent.

I hate to read too! but I couldn't put this book down to save my life! :P So YES READ IT!!!! XD@ Dorek: I hope the movie does the book justice or I will be some what disappointed! :PRCF

doctor-who_season-7_doctor-matt-smith_clara-oswin-jenna-louise-coleman1.jpg?w=346&h=230

@RCF: I saw your banner, and i'm just like "#WINNING!!!" I loved the books, and I'm totally psyched for the movie to come out!

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)
ThosePeskyFirespitters.png.3dbdb65e6a28cbbc5957d81c09a685b6.png
Those pesky firespitters... 
Library | The Sculptors and the Smelters | The Ternion Review Topic 

i'v read all three and they were amazing. i really hope the movie does the book justice, or the capital will burn by my hands. :devil:

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

Have read all 3 books, they are really great. Mockingjay is the absolute best, though.I hope the movie is as awesome as the book. I really do.

Mockingjay really? All my family and friends said that that one was their least favorite! I have yet to read. Can't wait!@thelonewander, Yes I really hope the movie is really close to the book! I noticed something different from the tralier already. It was where Katniss was infront of the gamemakers and none of them were paying any attention to her so she shot the apple in the pigs mouth, but in the tralier she just shots a target... Lame! :PRCF

i've only seen the tralier a few times http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/confusedw.gif and the only thing i DON'T want them to do is shorten it and just forego the book like they did with the movie for Eragon. great book,movie follow next to nothing in the book.

War...war never changes.

Peeta or haymicth( i think that's how you spell their names

War...war never changes.

Have read all 3 books, they are really great. Mockingjay is the absolute best, though.I hope the movie is as awesome as the book. I really do.

Mockingjay really? All my family and friends said that that one was their least favorite! I have yet to read. Can't wait!RCF
*Shrug* I guess I can see why that would be, seeing as how the very ending was sort of predictable, it suffered from a few anticlimaxes, was pretty depressing, and a few other bits here and there. I still felt it was the perfect conclusion, though. And the entire suspense and trauma was executed very well, imo.

AXKP5KC.png

Mockingjay really? All my family and friends said that that one was their least favorite! I have yet to read. Can't wait!RCF
*Shrug* I guess I can see why that would be, seeing as how the very ending was sort of predictable, it suffered from a few anticlimaxes, was pretty depressing, and a few other bits here and there. I still felt it was the perfect conclusion, though. And the entire suspense and trauma was executed very well, imo.
I'm not saying you can't chose that one if you know what I mean, I was just surprised that one was your favortie! like I said all my friends and family said it was there least favorite! But I guess i'll have to wait and see once I get there! :) @ BENLUKE-116, Have you read the books? :)RCF

Highlight blanks for spoilers.The whole series seems to lack a reason to exist. The world and characters aren't all that compelling, and I can guarantee you there's no moral at the end. In my opinion, Gale is really the only sympathetic character in the series--he way he cracked the Nut was okay, because it was a military situation. Everyone on both sides knew what they were getting into. Katniss' condemning of the Capitol children to Hunger Games? Inexcusable, especially for her. Basically what that translates to is "these Games are horrible and we rebelled to overthrow them but they're not so bad that we won't continue them"...yanno, the thing that so many people suffered and DIED to end. The plot twist concerning President Coinwas predictable and cliche, and reminded me of Avatar--not a thing you ever want to do. I also felt that the Gale-Katniss-Peeta triangle got in the way of the Games themselves, the 74th and 75th Games being the only interesting parts of the series with a few minor exceptions. If someone wants to try and justify the events in the books that I've criticized, feel free. I'd like to find out what everyone else sees in them.All in all, this series, in my opinion, is overrated. The trailers for the movie have simply made me lose even more interest.:w:

Another problem with these books is the author's very apparent fashion obsession, which really makes the plot drag and throws you out of it. A lot of critics complain about this, actually.Part of the problem with the movie, from what I can tell, is that, unlike Battle Royale, they seem to be making the adaptation more kid-friendly, when they really should be keeping it on-par with the book, if not upping the ante on the violence. If I was directing it, I might even go ahead and up it to an "R," in order to really do the book's message justice.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

@ Llyod: The White Wolf What parts in the traliers made you lose intrest in the books/moive? Also what is overrated about the story? :)RCF

The trailer I saw was Gale and Katniss talking about the 75th Game, as I recall. It seemed painful and overwrought and merely brought a tedious and irritating shipping problem back to the surface of my mind. I've already detailed why I think the story isn't as good as it's claimed to be.

Another problem with these books is the author's very apparent fashion obsession, which really makes the plot drag and throws you out of it. A lot of critics complain about this, actually.

I thought that was actually one of the points of the book the author did well--it was definitely noticeable that she liked it, but I figured it was to add to the air of trivialization of the Games.:w:

Ugh, don't get me started on my criticisms of the book. Too make things worse my teacher made it required reading, the only plus is that we get to see the movie. However honestly I feel like that is such a waste of time for school, honestly if we're gonna watch a movie at least have it relate to the school subjects. Just because we read the book is no reason to watch the movie. Unless it's something we could actually draw a lot of meaning from. Hunger Games just doesn't cut it. Just my two cents on the overhyped book.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

I read these books 3 years ago, before they became popular. they were good at the time, but now they aren't as good as they were a while ago. like the diary of a wimpy kid books, I've seem to grown out of them, and now that everyone else is reading them and a movie is coming out, they don't seem as good as they were.I don't think the movie will be that good, but I'm going to watch it anyway with my mom's friend.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Another problem with these books is the author's very apparent fashion obsession, which really makes the plot drag and throws you out of it. A lot of critics complain about this, actually.Part of the problem with the movie, from what I can tell, is that, unlike Battle Royale, they seem to be making the adaptation more kid-friendly, when they really should be keeping it on-par with the book, if not upping the ante on the violence. If I was directing it, I might even go ahead and up it to an "R," in order to really do the book's message justice.

I don't mind that the author is "Fashion obsessed" I think that shows that she has some class, if you will. Why don't you like that?RCF

Man, I can't even say how the "I read them and they were good, but now that everyone likes them I think they suck" mindset is terrible. The series isn't perfect, and yeah, it is probably overhyped. I wouldn't really know. But that kind of talk reeks of condescending hipsterism. There is no reason to rip on something simply because it is popular (Unless it's irredeemably terrible, which isn't quite the case here).That said, the series is definitely no masterpiece, but that doesn't mean it can't be enjoyable, especially for a YA series. (And hey, at least it's not Rick Riordan. That gives it a lot of points.)

Anyway, about Lloyd's comment on the series having no moral-- I have to disagree. To me it seemed like a pretty clear-cut "Power corrupts" type of theme, with a dash of other things here and there. And the way I see it, the part at the end with the whole of them condemning Capitol children to the 76th Hunger Games was just symbolizing how much the experience screwed all of them up. It's not like she was going to go "Oh hey, my sister and friends got blown up or eaten by mutants, but I'm gonna live and forgive right about now." The entire point was that Karissa was deeply flawed, unresolved and kind of a pathetic mess, emotionally speaking. The reason this all started is hate and resentment towards the Capitol, which she also had in plentiful amounts, so the decision at the end seemed to me as reasonable. (Not a good decision, not justified, but not unfathomable)

Or at least that's how I see it. *shrug*

Edited by Stocking Anarchy

AXKP5KC.png

Man, I can't even say how the "I read them and they were good, but now that everyone likes them I think they suck" mindset is terrible. The series isn't perfect, and yeah, it is probably overhyped. I wouldn't really know. But that kind of talk reeks of condescending hipsterism. There is no reason to rip on something simply because it is popular (Unless it's irredeemably terrible, which isn't quite the case here).That said, the series is definitely no masterpiece, but that doesn't mean it can't be enjoyable, especially for a YA series. (And hey, at least it's not Rick Riordan. That gives it a lot of points.)

Anyway, about Lloyd's comment on the series having no moral-- I have to disagree. To me it seemed like a pretty clear-cut "Power corrupts" type of theme, with a dash of other things here and there. And the way I see it, the part at the end with the whole of them condemning Capitol children to the 76th Hunger Games was just symbolizing how much the experience screwed all of them up. It's not like she was going to go "Oh hey, my sister and friends got blown up or eaten by mutants, but I'm gonna live and forgive right about now." The entire point was that Karissa was deeply flawed, unresolved and kind of a pathetic mess, emotionally speaking. The reason this all started is hate and resentment towards the Capitol, which she also had in plentiful amounts, so the decision at the end seemed to me as reasonable. (Not a good decision, not justified, but not unfathomable)

Or at least that's how I see it. *shrug*

Rick Riordan wrote the Lighning Theif series right? Well I didn't think those were bad at all. If something is popular why would you hate it? Jw.RCF

Because that's what hipsters do!But yeah, the series seems to be getting a lot of hate here. Kinda sad. You'd think the target audience would actually lap up the violence and whatnot. But I guess the romance bits killed it for some people.Regardless, only like, two weeks until the movie. I'm excited.

As a girl, I'm fine with the romance (Seriously, I started pairing Bionicle characters in 2004), and the clothes... Well, I like clothes. When I draw, I like designing the outfits. I loved the books, but the end was rather disappointing.

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

to catch them is my real test

to train them is my cause