LEGO VIP Program Changing to LEGO Insiders

Earlier today The LEGO Group announced that VIP would be turning into Insiders, with many of the same features and the same points transferring over to the new program for discounts. In addition, you'll be able to scan the QR codes of LEGO set instructions you own to get additional points, which is a nice bonus. The new initiative launches on August 21st and you can learn more about it right here!

View the full article

Interesting!

I've accumulated quite a lot of sets over the last few years, so it'll be nice to use the QR codes on all those instructions for something actually useful, which will also provide me with even more points to use. I will be interested in seeing how many points scanning those instructions will provide me with (my guess is it'll depend on how expensive the sets were when I purchased them, much like we already get from initially purchasing them). Perhaps this will even allow me to earn points on sets that I had gotten before I first set up my VIP account (such as that huge World Map set).

Now I just need to figure out how to access my Lego account through my phone rather than my computer...

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

On 8/14/2023 at 7:45 PM, Chronicler06 said:

I will be interested in seeing how many points scanning those instructions will provide me with (my guess is it'll depend on how expensive the sets were when I purchased them, much like we already get from initially purchasing them)

I think it's the same amount of points no matter the set, so just a little bonus.

I'm withholding full judgement until it gets here, but having a single login for all lego sites and the extra points from instructions are both nice.