how do you store your bionicle?

Usually in original boxes/canisters, disassembled. I've found issues with minor part breakage if assembled - but that's mostly due to how tempreature shifts work in my area (consistent temp is good for plastics, afaik). From there right now, I have them minorly bubble wrapped and in large storage boxes, moved off to a storage unit because I am woefully low on space. However - these are my main collection sets, and therefore I don't need them out to work on projects.

My other loose sets and parts are usually in plastic storage bins - lidded to keep off dust. I have one of those 64-shelf little plastic shelving things for organizing small and commonly used parts. Would like to get them all in there someday. Otherwise, plastic storage bins, plastic bags, and a couple of those BIONICLE tubs filled up with parts. A low wide bin has been good for searching through for parts - would recommend over some of the other options.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

It's pretty horrible. Theoretically, they are in a tower in my room I have constructed out of storage drawers, in descending order with 2001 on the top and 2009/2010 on the bottom, with heavy sets at the bottom of each drawer and smaller sets near the top. Small bits like 2001 Kanohi, Kanoka, and Rhotuka are kept in plastic ziploc bags in a separate compartment of the tower to keep them easily accessible. However, having moved several times, the tower spent a significant length of time in storage units or other random locations. It is currently in my bedroom, but not in a way I can easily get to. (G2 stuff is in its own separate box in my closet, even less accessible.) This is to say nothing of all my non-BIONICLE LEGO stuff, which is strewn randomly across my bedroom. Hopefully I will somehow have a permanent place to live and keep it all properly displayed.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

thanks for all the replys 

5 hours ago, Manducus said:

All of my completed figures- two big bins

I'm looking to display my completed ones

23 hours ago, Master Inika said:

2001 Kanohi, Kanoka, and Rhotuka

you don't keep them on display?

On 1/12/2024 at 8:13 AM, T.B.O.C said:

Usually in original boxes/canisters

a problem for me is that I don't have any of the boxes having got 95% of my collection I got used

image.gif.f0b625d4fc4c82b928516a036fc1cf5a.gif

On 1/13/2024 at 3:25 PM, confused piraka said:

you don't keep them on display?

I would love to but I seriously don't have the space. Someday I might construct a proper display case for my masks, right now most of them are in a large ziploc bag.

• Like 1

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Since I only have a few left these days, after I sold a large percentage of my collection during my uni years (a decade ago now?!), I have most of the ones I have with me where I'm living at present on display. My Toa, Turaga, and Matoran occupy the bookcase in my bedroom, in the space in front of the actual books; my two Rahkshi and one Vakhi stand atop that bookcase overlooking everything; my Zesk clings to one of the doors of the room's built-in cupboard; and my Muaka is just... around but doesn't really have a dedicated place to go. Various non-Bionicle sets also just take up whatever surfaces are available! I have a few other sets too, but they're back at my parents' place not here with me.

When I was younger and had more Bionicle, though, I definitely kept them in boxes. At first I had two decently-sized plastic boxes, one for titan and other large sets and one for small sets, that I kept stacked at the foot of my bed, and on top of them had two or three cardboard fruit crates (like these) to hold all my canister-sized sets, with each canister containing its occupant: built if possible or otherwise partially disassembled in cases like the Metru who literally couldn't fit back in their cans unless you removed their arms, to make it easy to retrieve any of them when I wanted. The fruit boxes were great because they had room for plenty of canisters to stand upright side-by-side, and being open-topped meant that there was no worry about the canisters being too tall to fit... the generally consistent size of the canisters made it easy to stack those boxes, too.

That lasted until 2007 when the Barraki canisters, despite being my favourite design aesthetically, threw that system completely out the window with their unique shape that didn't fit that layout at all, and were followed by the Mahri who didn't even have full canisters. At that point I abandoned the idea of storing them in their cans; I shifted through a few different arrangements of boxes but by the end of 2008 had settled on just two much bigger plastic boxes - same approximate base size but a little over twice as tall as the ones I'd used before - and basically dumped all my hero characters in one and my villain characters in the other, filling them both nicely. I kept these on top of the chest of drawers in my bedroom, making them easy to access while simultaneously not being in the way.

At any time I wanted, I'd dig out the ones who I felt like having on display at any given time and stand them around on my desk or the shelf above it; often that would be the same few for a while - I believe Axonn and Brutaka held pride of place there for a while if I remember rightly? - but was subject to change based on just whichever I felt like at any given time ^^

Edited by That Matoran with a Vahi
  • Like 1

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."