Ripoff Sets - Have You Bought Any?

Sumiki

Have you ever bought a "ripoff" set ...  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No I have not because I do not think any of the bionicle sets were rip-offs, boot-leg or what ever else people call them.

If you think we're saying that Bionicle was a ripoff, then no, it wasn't. We are talking about the copycat bionicles that China made, but were not under the same name. There were several copy themes, so I generalized.-BANEP.S. No, I haven't bought any, and don't plan on it

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

No I have not because I do not think any of the bionicle sets were rip-offs, boot-leg or what ever else people call them.

If you think we're saying that Bionicle was a ripoff, then no, it wasn't. We are talking about the copycat bionicles that China made, but were not under the same name. There were several copy themes, so I generalized.-BANEP.S. No, I haven't bought any, and don't plan on it
I think what he's saying is that "ripoff" doesn't make it at all clear WHAT it's talking about. The poll questions are 100% meaningless without checking the link in the first post. I mean, based on the poll questions it could be asking whether or not you've bought overpriced secondhand BIONICLE. At least the first post ought to explain what it means by ripoff, instead of just linking a dead topic to explain.And no, I haven't bought any of these, particularly since BIONICLE's end. In all honesty, there's no sane reason to do so: as far as I know most of these bootleg products were discontinued even before BIONICLE ended, which means it's likely that genuine BIONICLE sets could be easier to find and obtain than these knockoffs.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother