Dino Attack: At War's End

PeabodySam

IC: "Look," said one of the snipers. "I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm starting to think we should be getting the heck out of here.""What do you mean?" Asked Jackson."They're getting awfully close," replied the sniper."I'm afraid he's right," Scope replied. "Yeah," replied Shotgun. "We'd better get out of here."

"What do we do about that dino monstrosity?" Cabin asked, noticing it was moving."Nothing," replied Rotor. "Apparently some son of a 4+ actually had the guts to talk to that thing and persuade it to change sides!""You're kidding?""Unfortunately no," replied Rotor. "I say we still keep an eye on it, but as long as that thing's attacking XERRD I'm okay with it around. In the meantime we can finish this whole business with Dr. Rex. I got a rocket here with his name on it!"OOC: What else is going on in the battlefield right now. I'm just looking for something useful for Rotor and Cabin to do.

IC:"Alright, so you'll be on standby. We'll give you a call when we need to get picked up," Zach was saying to Joike as he, Minerva, and Athena stepped on to the front step of Dino Attack Headquarters. "They need every hand they can get, so I don't want you waiting around for us."Joike nodded. "Will do. See you later." The Fire Hammer's engine revved and sped away as it rejoined the rest of the Dino Attack Team. Putting on his helmet, Zach tapped Minerva's shoulder, who was looking at her mother with a sad look on her face."You alright?" he asked. "You and her were kind of..." he drifted off.Minerva turned to him. "I'm fine," she said quietly. "It's just like when Oswald showed up on Adventurers' Island. I was surprised and I didn't know how to respond, so I responded with snapping at her."Zach patted her on the back in a comforting manner. "I get it. At least she won't hold it over your head."Minerva gave a faint, bitter smile. "I suppose she won't. But how did you get her to remember you?" Zach briefly explained what Blaire had told him. Minerva looked over at her mother again. "He really thinks Napoleon XIV helped her?""It kind of looks like it. At least in some areas. I'm not sure if she'd ever go back to normal, even if the institution had done more to help her." Minerva didn't respond, continuing to stare at her, a look of pity on her face."I-I suppose she's happy," Minerva said, trying to keep her voice under control. "In her little world. It would be cruel to bring her into the world we're in now." Zach looked at Minerva curiously. As opposed to Oswald's 'resurrection', she was handling Athena's return rather well, especially when Zach thought back to Minerva's slight outburst when discussing Athena after receiving the letter from Napoleon XIV."I don't think I'll ever forgive her," Minerva continued quietly, almost more to herself than to Zach. "For what she did to us. To Tod. Because her, I have no mother and have one less brother. But...it's not worth it. Holding a grudge. Nothing good would come from it. It just..." Minerva faded off. Zach wrapped an arm around her and squeezed her close. He wanted her to know he would be there for her, no matter what.Athena turned briefly and looked at Zach and Minerva. Minerva didn't seem to notice, but Zach watched the older Fabello woman with mixed interest. Athena seemed confused and shocked as she watched her daughter get close with some stranger. Zach thought he saw the barest glint of a tear in the mother's eyes before they grew wide."Let's go, you two," Athena suddenly said. Minerva pulled away from Zach's embrace and stared. "Your sons are waiting." Minerva turned her stare to Zach, who was completely lost."She...she thinks you're my dad," Minerva said, incredulously."Do I look like your dad?" Zach asked as Athena walked toward Minerva and grabbed her hand.Minerva paused, trying to remember her long-deceased father's appearance. "You both have glasses. That's really sort of it."Athena tapped Zach's shoulder and gave him a warm smile. "Let's go, Isaac." Zach shot a brief glance at Minerva, who only gave a weak sigh before pulling her hand irritably away from her mother. Athena gave Minerva a confused glance that quickly faded away as Minerva grabbed Zach's hand and raised an eyebrow as she looked her mother curtly.She may not totally despise Athena, but that doesn't mean she likes her. Zach reasoned. "Let's get going. They'll be wanting us back in the battlefield soon."Minerva nodded. She removed her hand slowly from Zach's and pulled open the front door. Then she, Athena, and Zach stepped inside the building. Zach could see the receptionist Elizabeth Wilma gathering papers from her desk in preparation to evacuate."Um, excuse me?" Zach spoke up.The receptionist looked up, a worried look on her face. "Yes?""We heard something about a teleporter evacuating people to Antarctica, correct?" Wilma nodded. "Could you direct us to it. We found a civilian-" he gestured to Athena. "-and she needs to get out of here.""Of course, if you will follow me..."

OOC: I'm back. Chicago was quite fun, but now I must return to business.Also Atton, I figured you would work in a character with references to Prometheus after seeing your avatar. Glad to see I wasn't mistaken.(plays awesome Hl1 music and gets to work)IC: "You're pulling my leg off. That cyborg thing is on our side?!""Hah-ha! Our list of pet monsters just keeps getting bigger and bigger!""Omaigawsh, that Gonapus's gun is horrible! Distengration,eggh! I hate that!""Who's leading XERRD now? Gonapus?""I think it's the Darkling fellow.""Dr. Cyborg was part of XERRD. Maybe he can convince them to let him lead!""After taking control of that Cyrista's Bane, I'm supporting anything he wants to try.""Is that a gunslinger riding on a Mutant Lizard out there?""Oh wow, what a reversal of fortune!" said Laxus. "Alpha Team comes in, Dr. Cyborg tames Cyrista's Bane, man, what's next?""I have no idea," said Andrew, "but the odds sure are stacking up in our favor. Let's just hope things stay like that."With the forces drawn closer to HQ in their last bids to defend it (in spite of the charge Dr. Rex was leading), the Mutant Dinos were getting more ground to try and push the Dino Attack vehicles aside. The team was holding up, but some of the organization was fraying at the edges, with most of the T-1s still recovering from having the Cyrista's Bane affair taken care of and the extended absence of Hertz and his communications team.Currently Andrew was doing his best to help the T-1s get full understanding of the situation on the ground-based front lines. Zach and Minerva were busy trying to get Athena back to HQ for evacuation, and Dr. Cyborg was still cleaning things up over at the Power Station site, so he was mostly alone in this job."B's going off to handle some challenger who has a personal problem with him, it seems," Hotwire was saying. "And just to inform anyone who was curious, Kat's... gone rogue. In a nutshell, she's still got a bit of Katerina in her, and she's gone off on her own to try something.""Katerina appears to be an intelligent woman from what I've seen of her," said Rotor. "I wouldn't worry too much about her, but if she is going to try something suicidal, you have my sympathies.""Same here," said Andrew. "Keep up the good work out there, and once Zach comes back, we're sure to have everything together to push even Dr. Rex back!""I don't know about that," said Cabin, "but I see your point. Good luck down there.""Same to you."Andrew focused now on several Mutant Raptors hounding his Fire Hammer on the left side of the vehicle. Catless and Pterisa were doing well enough picking them off, but they were insistent on hitting the vehicle. It was becoming a large level of concern."Darnit, it's taking too long to shoot them with their shields up!" Catless said with frustration."I can't get a shot from this side of the vehicle!" Laxus was saying. "Geeze, I'm wishing Minerva was still with us right now.""And I'm driving," said Andrew, "so I can't exactly wield a large Cosmotronic Ray right now. Just keep them off, an-"POP!The Fire Hammer suddenly jerked to the front-left side, making the LEGO Islander lunge over the wheel and leave the horn honking for several seconds before he managed to collect himself. Taking a moment to open his door window, he poked his head out briefly before ducking back in. It took about two seconds, but it was enough to find the problem.One of the Mutant Raptors had managed to pop the front-left wheel. This left the craft heavily off-balance, and made steering, espically to the left, an incredibly difficult task. The wheel well was grinding loudly from being dragged across the road, and it was surely getting ruined the more the Fire Hammer moved at the speed it was going.Logically, Andrew had two options: Find a new vehicle, or replace the wheel. Both were insanely difficult given the circumstances, but the former moreso due to the scarcity of an empty vehicle that wasn't torn to bits. That meant he would have to do the latter."What's happening?" Pterisa asked."We've got a popped tire," said Andrew. "Under the circumstances, we're going to have to get it replaced, and fast.""In the middle of a battle zone?!" cried out Catless. "Are you nuts?""We don't have any easier options. Look, there's a downed Fire Hammer up to our right. I'll pull up to it, get out, pull off a wheel, then we can get the thing propped up on some bricks so we can pull the old one off and attach the new one.""We've done it before on Adventurer's Island," said Laxus. "It's a bit more difficult here, but I think we can do it again.""Alright," said Catless. "I'll keep cover from up here. You guys get to work.""I'll assist however I can," said Pterisa."Good to hear," said Andrew as he managed to get the Fire Hammer to turn and break (in a stopping sense) at the downed vehicle of the same brand. It looked to be sawed in half vertically by some kind of powerful laser, but its wheels were still intact and okay for use.After coming to a screeching halt, Andrew and Laxus piled out of the vehicle, guns blazing at the remaining Mutant Raptors still on their tail. Then they ran for the broken FIre Hammer.After taking off the hubcap holding the wheel in place, the two friends grabbed the wheel on the front right side. After a count to three, they pulled on the thing as hard as they could, slowly sliding it off the Technic rod it rested on. The vehicle wreck creaked as they did so, its balance being rocked as the wheel was detached.As the pair finally slid the wheel off the rod, letting it fall on its side on the ground, the broken half of the Fire Hammer shifted to lying on the ground by its front end and the back wheel, producing a sizable thunk! as it did so. Still focused on their task, Andrew and Laxus didn't notice as the moved to pull the wheel back up straight and began to wheel it back to their Fire Hammer.They did notice the results of the "thunk" when they heard Catless's turret thumping over them, and turned to see the horde of Mutant Lizards approaching them. The two quickly moved to finish moving the wheel to the relative safety of their vehicle.As they leaned the wheel on the side of the vehicle, they turned just in time to see a Mutant Raptor charging right for Andrew. The Elite Agent quicky ducked, letting the giant lizard slam into the hull headfirst, putting a bit of a dent on the driver-side door. Andrew reached for the laser rifle he had left on his back, but as he drew it, the Mutant Raptor regained its composure and knocked the weapon out of his hands with its head.The Raptor reared its head and prepared to lunge at him with its teeth, but before it could do so, a lightning bolt struck square in the top of the head. The creature shook from the electrocution, and was quickly knocked down as Pterisa swooped in and kicked it right in the noggin. The Minifig/Mutant Pterosaur Hybrid then got to Andrew's side and pulled him up."Whoo, thanks," said Andrew. "Guess I should've watched myself better.""Don't worry," she said with a smirk, "I've got your back. Now get back to work on that wheel.""Yes, ma'am," said Andrew in a cocky tone. The two smiled for a second before Andrew ran back to the chopped Fire Hammer, needing some bricks for the job of holding the vehicle up during the wheel change.

Edited by Andrewnuva199

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

OOC: Welcome back from your trip, Andrewnuva!You know, it's a shame that the trailer for Mann Vs. Machine didn't come out before the final battle started, as it would have provided excellent pre-battle inspiration. Ah, well. But at least I figured out a way to incorporate it into Project: LEGACY...

I can find a use for the Pterosaur, may I have it?
Sorry about the late reply... Sure, go ahead.IC: The Fire Hammer skidded across the wet road, splashing a large puddle and sending water flying into the air. As the Fire Hammer lacked a windshield and a roof, Frozeen and Sam Race were soaked to the bone by now from all the heavy rain, while Greybeard's pirate longcoat was waterproof enough to keep his clothes underneath dry."Come on!" Frozeen gritted his teeth. "We need to intercept the Mutant Dino army heading to Dino Attack Headquarters! Maybe we can incapacitate a few dozen Mutant Lizards before they reach the building!"As the Fire Hammer turned down Christiansen Street, lighting flashed directly overhead, immediately followed by the great crack of thunder, roaring above the howling wind like a massive explosion. The brief second of light provided by the flash lit up the area around them, and even Greybeard could see the movement of many Mutant Dinos. They were not all marching down one street, but their numbers were so great that they were forced to swarming down whichever path was available. Frozeen shuddered to think of what happened to the front lines in order to allow so many Mutant Dinos to break through.Although Frozeen heard cries of triumph over the radio regarding the apparent defeat (and subsequent allegiance) of the so-called Cyrista's Bane, the cybernetic Mutant T-Rex that he had heard so much about but never actually saw in battle, he could tell that victory was still not in their grasp. "Looks like we've got a Zerg Rush on our hands," reported the Alpha Team agent. "I suggest we start falling back to headquarters before it's too late.""Fire th' cannon, me hearty!" shouted Greybeard once the Fire Hammer was close enough to the Mutant Dino army.Frozeen aimed and fired the Xenon Multi-Mode Launcher at the Mutant Dinos, making sure to switch up modes every few shots to prevent any Mutant Lizards from adapting to his strategy. Sam Race floored the gas pedal and rammed the Fire Hammer into the Mutant Dino army, and Frozeen winced as he heard the crunching of bones under the jeep's wheels and saw the occasional carcass fly up onto the hood. After the Fire Hammer plowed through the Mutant Dinos, Frozeen noticed that one of the headlights was now broken."Careful!" shouted Frozeen. "This Fire Hammer's seen better days; unless we do some last-minute modifications to this thing, I don't think it can survive another charge like that!""You know," shrugged Sam, "all those years ago, I laughed at Workman Fred for thinking that a digger could be a good racer. Right about now, I'm wishing that I had one of those.""If we find one lyin' around," suggested Greybeard, "then 'we got t' build like crazy', says a certain maniac Redbeard knew once, an' then maybe this Fire Hammer be better suited t' plowin' through th' Mutant Dinos."Already, Frozeen saw a number of Fire Hammers, Urban Avengers, and the occasional Iron Predator driving in the direction of Dino Attack Headquarters. Driving away from headquarters, but sticking around close enough to fire at the Mutant Dino army with pistols and rifles, was a Fire Hammer driven by Lord Sam Sinister, and it appeared that Mr. Cunningham and possibly even Rudo Villano were also riding the same vehicle. The Brickster wasn't the only one out to have a good time during this battle.Still, it wasn't enough."If Dr. Rex and his army gets any closer to headquarters," Frozeen gritted his teeth, "then it won't be a safe place for much longer!" He thought of Shannon Grimton, confined to a wheelchair and overseeing communications, and shuddered at the thought of her being trapped in Dino Attack Headquarters when Dr. Rex arrives. I won't let that happen, he promised himself. Edited by PeabodySam

Also Atton, I figured you would work in a character with references to Prometheus after seeing your avatar. Glad to see I wasn't mistaken.
OOC: It's interesting the way you should put that given I chose that Avatar after I introduced the character.IC: Carefully, Firecracker led the Third Headquarters Squad through the corridors as he pulled a lengthy wire. In the other hand, he had a plunger. The plan was simple, if things get rough, light the charges in the lab, then use that blast to detonate a series of other charges. The blast could and hopefully would engulf the entire base, but that was his plan, and he was hoping to put it into action.As Demoman left to go plant the remaining charges, Firecracker took the time to carry the wire into the basement, as he reached the bottom of the stairs, he carefully started to set up the plunger. Slowly he tied the wire to it, and then lifted the handle, ready to push it down at a moment's notice.

As the handful of snipers started to move out of the base, they passed Elizabeth, who watched in surprise, until one of them caught her attention. Slowly he turned toward her."You're a pirate?" He asked, lowering his rifle."Yeah," replied Elizabeth."You do seem familiar," replied the agent. "Really?""Aye," replied the man. At this point, she started to clue in. Despite his uniform, this man was from the tropical sea. And indeed there was something about him that seemed familiar, uneasily familiar. This man couldn't have been a pirate himself, he was to well-kept for that sort of thing, with his neatly combed hair and clean-shaven face; most pirates didn't bother making themselves neat, outside of the Captains, but that was mainly for special occasions and when they wanted to intimidate their foes, not something they made a point of daily. He certainly couldn't be an Islander, no face paint. That left one possible explanation."You're an Imperial?" Elizabeth asked. Indeed, while some Imperials did sport beards, like Broadside and even his trusty sidekick Lt. De Martinet, they still seemed to keep themselves tidy and presentable. This man had clearly shaven regularly to ensure that."That's right?" Replied the man. His accent sounded slightly British, finally making it clear that he was from the Imperial Guards. "Look, I'm not going to hurt you right now. Things may have gotten rough back then but out here we got no choice but to work together! You remind me of a girl I once met, quite a fine lass too, one who broke social customs and caught a few rather nasty pirates. Got fine money for it too. We had a gig going for a while. Than at some point she left me for dead. Cast me adrift in a little floating bucket with a paddle and an annoying parrot."Elizabeth looked at him nervously. "Maynard?" She asked. The officer looked toward her. "No! No, you can't be...""Elizabeth?""A pirate? So those rumors were true than. Captain Norman told me all about it but I didn't want to believe it.""Indeed," replied Elizabeth. "And now you're with the Dino Attack Team?""Yes," replied Maynard. "Interesting thing, really. We'll have to catch up."OOC: Yes, I have done it. I have finally brought back Elizabeth's long-lost love interest from the original Pirates RPG!

OOC: I should point out, Andrewnuva, that Kat's in fact still got all of Katerina in her. Though, on reflection, it would make sense for Hotwire to want to downplay that a bit, especially as only a few of those present at the temples on Adventurers' Island even know about Katerina. So I suppose it works.IC: Mort had boarded Swerve's Iron Predator after his Solar Speeder had failed to survive a run-in with a pair of raptors, and was now putting the Cryothermic Cannon through its paces. Swerve himself, meanwhile, had his hands full, between monitoring comm chatter and picking off smaller targets with the Z-1. He'd been listening in on the Elites-only channel, but hadn't said much so far -- due to his lengthy absence, he didn't feel his words would be received with the same weight afforded to more recent promotions, such as Semick, Hotwire (That kid sure went places, he thought), or Andrew. He heard the latter describing the situation on the ground, and finally put in his own two cents."Andrew's right. Whatever you can spare, send 'em to back us up. The line's getting weaker, and this is the worst possible time to let our guard down."------------------------A cheer went up when Cyrista's Bane fell, and Epic Winston, despite the roughness of his throat, bellowed with the rest of them. Now, as the vehicles and agents who'd brought down the behemoth began to reorganize and turn back toward HQ to stabilize the defensive lines, he suddenly heard the honk of a Fire Hammer behind him. The driver, a middle-aged man with a woolen cap and a thick black walrus mustache, stuck his head out the window."Need a lift?" he asked.Winston gratefully sprang over to the other side and jumped up into the cab. "Much obliged," he said, putting out his hand. "Epic Winston Grendelwulf."The driver accepted the handshake. "I'm Helm," he replied, "and that's Giles." He jerked a thumb back towards the XMM launcher, and the gunner, who appeared to be wearing several oversized knitted scarves, nodded politely. "Now let's get back and win this," Helm said, stepping on the gas.OOC: ...I believe Epic Winston is now acquainted with each and every one of my active characters. That guy sure gets around.

Edited by Jackson Lake

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC: You know, I just realized something. We have a character named Giles. Now all we need is to bring in a teenage vampire slayer super-tough Dino Attack agent named Buffy that he is tasked with watching over, a witch and part-time hacker named Willow, an ordinary guy named Harris, a vampire extremely badman anti-hero and Dino Attack Agent code-named Spike who has a secret crush on Buffy, and an ex-demon socially awkward but very intelligent agent named Anya who has a strange relationship with Harris. They can call themselves the Scoobie Squad.I'd like to get a Rotor/Cabin post in next, but first I'd just like some details on what's going on in the battlefield. I don't want to run into a mad charge against Dr. Rex that completely contradicts everything that's happened.

Edited by Atton Rand

OOC: I didn't realize that there was a character named Giles in Buffy, as I've never seen the show; the name surfaced in my mind out of Arthur Miller's play The Crucible.I'm not sure why I suddenly decided to give him several large scarves, though.

Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC: Yeah, the only Joss Whedon thing I've ever seen is Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog.And now you know how TC01 and I felt back in 2009 when PeaSam kept unintentionally referencing Discworld. xDI also realized after my last post that almost all of the characters I introduced during the Final Battle are named after figures from classic or semi-classic literature (Jenson, Floyd, Halverson, Poole, Moonwatcher, and Freya don't count, since we never actually met them). We've got Giles from The Crucible, Desdemona from Othello, and Winston from Nineteen Eighty-Four. Matthias is the exception, but he's dead now so he doesn't count either. :P

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

IC:Nazareno landed hard on the ground and looked at Cyrista's Bane. They had taken down this behemoth and now it was allied with the Dino Attack Team, which was reason enough to celebrate briefly, as things were only about to get worse. They would need a hundred Cyrista's Banes at the point to even hope to defeat the Typhonus-controlled Dr. Rex and his Mutant Dinos. Additionally, Blaire Darkling had still not called for a truce with the Dino Attack, so XERRD and Dr. Inferno's agents continued to be a problem. Additionally, he heard that the Fr-"Hey!" Zelda said, tapping Nazareno's shoulders. He flinched visibly, leading Zelda to snicker quietly. "We did it! Cyrista's Bane is ours!""Indeed," Nazareno said. He jerked his thumb toward Dr. Rex and his army of Mutant Dinos. "We still have them to deal with. And XERRD, Dr. Inferno, and possibly-""Okay, thanks for bringing down the mood," Zelda interrupted, rolling her eyes. "A small victory is still a victory. Might as well relish it while we can.""I suppose so.""So, listen. I wanted-" Zelda was interrupted as two Mutant Lizards charged at them. The two of them easily cut them down."We need to fall back!" Nazareno said. Even with Cyrista's Bane defeated, the army of Mutant Dinos had not been halted. "Wipe out as many dinos as we can on the way." Zelda began to say something before Nazareno turned and started running, swinging his swords at any dino that crossed his path.As he jumped on to a Mutant Raptor's snout, Nazareno turned his head briefly as saw Zelda close behind. She was jumping from Mutant Lizard to Mutant Lizard, make sure to slice open their backs before jumping to the next one. Nazareno quickly slammed one katana into the skull of the Mutant Raptor before jumping to the next one.He became aware that Zelda was calling out to him, but over the footsteps and roars of massive dinosaurs, he could not make out the words. He was about to turn back to her when a Mutant T-Rex's laser beam struck near his feet. Nazareno glanced up at the offending T-Rex, his eyes narrowing.He moved toward the T-Rex's feet and quickly climbed up the beast's leg and on to his back. The Mutant T-Rex bellowed angrily and tried to shake Nazareno off. Nazareno ignored the beast's frustration and climbed on to the T-Rex's head, where he quickly jabbed both katanas into its eyes.The Mutant T-Rex bellowed in anger and shook its head wildly. Nazareno's footing slipped and he found himself hanging on to one katana gouged into the T-Rex's eye. The beast opened its maw and tried to shake Nazareno into its internal furnace.Suddenly, the T-Rex bellowed again. Nazareno glanced downward and saw Zelda stabbing at its feet and legs. It stomped around madly, trying to squish the pest attacking its legs. Using this distraction to his advantage, Nazareno spun himself around on the katana like a pole and propelled himself back on to the T-Rex's head. Pulling both swords out of the beast's skull, Nazareno glanced down at Zelda, who seemed to be talking to someone or something. She looked up at Nazareno and gestured him to jump of the T-Rex. Nazareno quickly slid down the Mutant T-Rex's tail and started running.Nazareno understood why in a moment. It appeared that Zelda had called for help, because as Zelda started running toward Nazareno, the T-Rex was peppered with Cyrothermic Cannon fire until it was put out of its misery.Nazareno allowed himself to sigh in relief. "Thank you for your aid, Zelda.""No problem," Zelda said quickly. "There's been something-""No time," Nazareno interrupted. He started up back toward the headquarters. "We need to-""Kareem Nazareno!" Zelda snapped suddenly. "Will you listen to me?" Nazareno turned back toward her, eyebrows raised. Her checks were bright red and upon seeing Nazareno's glare, began to stammer. "I'm sorry, it's-it's just-"Nazareno raised a hand curtly, stopping her. "What would you like to tell me?" Whatever it was, its was clearly too important to wait.Zelda seemed surprised. "Oh. Uh..." Nazareno gestured for her to continue. She clearly wasn't expecting this response, due to how flustered she appeared. After several seconds of silence, Nazareno spoke up."We do have an army of Mutant Dinos stampeding toward headquarters," Nazareno said. "Unless you decide to tell me whats so important, I think it can wait-""No," Zelda said quickly. She tugged on her ponytail nervously. "It can't really wait. Since we could both be dying soon..."Nazareno stared at Zelda briefly. He had no idea what Zelda wanted to say, but now his curiosity was sparked. "Well, what is it?"Zelda let out one, nervous breath before continuing. "I-I...I like you, Nazareno."OOC: Gasp! How will this dramatic/romantic plot tumor cliffhanger end? Tune in some other time to find out!

OOC:I really don't know.IC:When Cyrista's Bane's internal repair systems were running, he had to stay immobile for the most part. As it was finishing, Dr. Cyborg heard the screeching of a Mutant Pterosaur. He looked up, and saw one coming towards him. He readied his gun arm, as the the Pterosaur said, Wait, don't shoot, I'm different."What is that supposed to mean," He demanded of the hovering Pterosaur. I am the original Mutant Pterosaur, I am therefore free of the Maelstrom, and free of Alpha Rex's control. I recognize you also, Dr. Cyrista. I have heard of your desertion, and I wish to fight with you."Well, alright...." Dr. Cyborg trailed off as Cyrista's Bane got back up. Welcome, original Pterosaur, he said. I am glad you are with us.-------------------------------The Reclaimer arrived at the Dino Attack HQ."I need a medic or four at the landing pad, my pilot is injured with second degree burns on her outside, and light burns on her inside. Hurry!" Cortana radioed in.OOC:Are the Pterosaur's lightning powers from the Maelstrom in the formula or not?

Edited by avmatoran

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

IC: "I think I'm picking something up," Cabin said. "Incoming swarm of Pterosaurs by the look of it!""EVASIVE MANEUVERS!" Rotor shouted over the comm. Sure enough, she was right. A group of rather ferocious mutant Pterosaurs were approaching quickly. As fast as they could, the pilots opened fire, some of the Pterosaurs fell, but they still continued to attack. There were far too many for Rotor's T-1 to handle alone. Soon they were overpowered. Finally one struck at the tail. Lance shot it down, but not before it could knock the chopper off balance. Soon they were spinning out of control, another pterosaur took off part of the rotor, as they struggled to keep the vehicle balanced.They were spinning like crazy. Under the circumstances it was hard to keep a clear head. Rotor struggled to bring the vehicle to a smooth landing as it fell toward the street below. Still, it hit the ground with a very loud crash. For a few brief but terrifying seconds it seemed to drag along before the engines finally died.Rotor coughed as he climbed out of the smoking cockpit and dropped onto the city street below. Cabin was following soon after. One by one, the other agents in the helicopter started to crawl out. In the air, the cries of the Pterosaurs could still be heard, another Typhoon went down, crashing onto one of the buildings before plummeting onto the streets in a heaping mess. Amidst the smoke, a man with a thick beard and long hair climbed out of the cockpit and coming to his senses, slowly looked around, and approached his teammates."Kurt MacReady," the main said. "Most people just call me Mac.'"Agent Rotor. This is Agent Cabin. We'll have time to get acquainted with the others later.""What do we do now?" Mac asked."We're limited on ammunition," replied Rotor. "We're still going to need a bearing before we can get anywhere. I say we find a building and use it to our advantage. We'll 'get what weapons we can and then lay low until somebody finds us."

IC: "Znap, Rotor and Cabin are down!" Bluetooth cried out, reporting immediately after seeing the results of the Mutant Pterosaur scuffle on the PLARXX radar.Semick instinctively raised his hand to his face in frustration. He could only assume the horde of flyers that had to be with Dr. Rex's charge had taken them by surprise. And this far out from HQ, their TALON-9 systems were too weak to handle such a rush. Still, it was a matter of extreme frustraiton."Hotwire," he said over the radio, "the Pterosaur swarms have overwhelmed Rotor's crew. Looks like you're alone out there in that area air-command wise. Hold your forces together, I'm coming to assist you.""Got it," came the reply, "I'll appreciate the help.""You're more than welcome. Dr. Cyborg," Semick continued as he moved his T-1 directly into the front lines area, "spare some of your forces from the Cyborg T-Rex takedown to go assist Rotor and Cabin's crews. I'm not leaving them alone out here when I need every Elite to help keep this team together!""I'll do what I can," the good doctor replied. "And it's called Cyrista's Bane, Semick.""We can bother with insistent terminology later." Semick turned around and looked at Bluetooth. "Bluetooth, I'm not liking Hertz's radio silence. Get in contact with the HQ medical team, I need them to start filling me in on these things.""Understood," the Futuron technician said, picking up his own radio mic and switching the frequency over to HQ's. "This is Standard Agent Bluetooth! To any Dino Attack medical staff still paying attention to the radio transmissions, we need an update on the status of Elite Agent Hertz! Our last communication with him was shortly before the Inferno bombardment on our communications center! Has anyone found him? What is his status?"--------------"######, we've got two more elites down!""It's time to run, dino cowards!""Make that three, Andrew hasn't said anything in a while.""I've survived Mr. X's stunt rallies! You've got nothing on stopping my rock on wheels, Rexy!""Andrew's getting a wheel change, he'll be back in a jiffy!""In the middle of this?!""These dinos haven't heard pain until I've blasted bad pop music on my speakers!""Aaaaggh! Whoever's playing Friday really loud, stop!!!""Hah hah! Didn't expect a former Flying Legando and his amazing seperation abilities, did ya, Mr. Raptor?"

"It's time to run, dino cowards!"
OOC: Heavy's ghost, perhaps?IC: As it happened, the crew had landed in a residential neighborhood, or what was left of one. Finding a house wasn't a problem, they just had to find one that could hold everybody. There was fortunately one that was still intact. It required some maintenance, but structurally it still stood.Slowly, the team got to work attempting to fix things. One man in a leather jacket with blond hair seemed to be doing a pretty good job with the roof. One of the machine guns salvaged from the wreck was placed in an upstairs window, and Lance was left on guard. Another man took the back side of the house."We got to turn this house into a fortress!" Rotor shouted over all the workers, struggling to board up the doors and the windows that weren't being used as loopholes.Cabin was following him around, nervous but keeping her cool. Being the one other elite agent there, that left her as the only other person in command, at this point a second to Rotor, even though no real hierarchy existed between them.For the most part, things were quiet. Overhead they occasionally heard the sounds of battle; helicopters in action, explosions in the distance, and once in a while Lance opened fire at the odd lizard that took a wrong turn."I think we're done here," said the blond man with the leather jacket as he approached Rotor, who spoke with a thin English accent. "You think this will hold?" "Well, about as well as it can hold with what we've got," replied the man accompanying him, a young man in his early twenties. "I used to work in construction.""Alright then," replied Rotor. "You got a name?""Spike," replied the man. "Good, alright then Spike. Why don't you go give a hand with the weapons?"Spike smiled and turned away, accompanied by his friend."There's something strange about that man," Cabin muttered. "I don't know," replied Rotor. "But we're going to have to work with him for now. Like it or not we're going to be stuck here a while. We might even die here."Cabin seemed uneased at the thought of that."Still," Rotor remarked. "There's probably worse ways to go, and to be honest you're not a bad person to be spending my last few hours with."Cabin smiled. Slowly they started to lean forward and wrap their arms around each other, their lips were just about to connect..."Excuse me," Spike said again. They both turned in surprise. He pulled out a revolver. "I just came to give you this."Spike handed Rotor the revolver, he promptly took it with a slight grin. "See if you can find some classical music around here, will ya?"

IC:Commander Holly Vinyaya and Doctor Paulie Gonepus collided together fiercely. Vinyaya held off Gonepus's Maelaser as he attempted to point it at her while she, with her free arm, attempted to point the Cosmotronic Ray at her foe.Unfortunately, even with Gonepus's right arm no longer functioning thanks to a well-placed shot from a sniper, he still had one mechanical arm on his back. With that arm, he easily pulled the Cosmotronic Ray from Vinyaya's grip and tossed it aside like a toy. He then grabbed Vinyaya's neck and hoisted her high into the air."I'm thinking," Gonepus said, pointing the Maelaser at Vinyaya's right leg. "I take out ever limb you own as compensation for that limb of mine you took. Maybe jab out that other eye of yours for kicks. Then, to spare you of anymore pain, I'll blow your head to MegaBlokLand. How's that sound?"Vinyaya responded by kicking the Maelaser out of Gonepus's hand. Instinctively, Gonepus dropped Vinyaya and reached out with the tentacle to catch the weapon. Vinyaya quickly stood back up and punched Gonepus hard in the face."Remember, Gonepus?" Vinyaya hissed with a cold smirk before punching Gonepus again. "I took out your other robo-limb. No more circus acts for you; you're back to only two arms."Gonepus quickly recovered and smacked Vinyaya hard in her midsection with his mechanical arm. "Perhaps." Gonepus snarled as he walked toward her, cracking his knuckles on his left hand. "But I think this one arm has enough before to break you into ten different pieces rather easily. Eleven if you count the epaulets."Vinyaya was quick to notice that Gonepus had ignored his Maelaser completely. She assumed he was suffering a borderline Villainous Breakdown at this point and his only concern was harming her in as many ways as possible. She could use this to her advantage.She quickly rolled out of the way as his mechanical arm curled into a fist and smashed down into the concrete, creating a small dent. Gonepus roared in anger and smashed his mechanical fist several more times into the concrete, missing the quicker Vinyaya each time. Gonepus then picked up a chunk of rubble and tossed at Vinyaya like a Frisbee.Vinyaya ducked to dodge the blow as the rubble shattered into the building behind her. She spotted her Cosmotronic Ray nearby and started to move toward it. Gonepus hurled more pieces of rubble. One piece flew at Vinyaya's feet. Vinyaya jumped over the piece and stumbled slightly as she hit the ground. It was enough for Gonepus to charge at her and pin her throat against the building with the mechanical arm.Vinyaya gasped for air as she stared into Paulie Gonepus's mad eyes as he grinned. She kicked her body upward and wrapped herself around the tentacle. She briefly saw a look of shock on Gonepus' face as she kicked underneath his chin.Gonepus screamed and clutched his face, dropping Vinyaya hard on the ground. She stumbled toward her Cosmotronic Ray. She picked it up, turned, and fired three consecutive shots at the XERRD scientists. Each shot was off by at least three feet.MegaBloks. She had used her right hand. Gonepus spat out a few teeth in anger and lunged at Vinyaya as she switched arms. She dived to the side as Gonepus's mechanical arm tore through the side of a building. Before Vinyaya could pull off anymore shots, Gonepus turned and kicked her in the shin. She gasped in pain, giving Gonepus enough time to go and punch the right side of her face.Vinyaya screamed in agony as her acidic scars created a burning sensation across her entire face. Gonepus chuckled darkly and attacked again. Vinyaya collapsed to her knees, her eye watering from the pain. Gonepus prepared to attack again when Vinyaya's hand shot upwards and grabbed the arm. Gonepus gasped as Vinyaya twisted his arm sharply. She ducked as the mechanical arm snapped at her head viciously. Fighting through the stinging pain, Vinyaya rose to her feet and kicked Gonepus in the stomach before punching him in the nose.Vinyaya turned to pick up her Cosmotronic Ray when Gonepus's mechanical arm grabbed her heel and lifted her in to the air upside down. Vinyaya felt all the blood rushing to her head as Gonepus grinned madly. He punched her hard in the face again.Vinyaya suppressed a scream as body swayed from the force of the hit. As her body swayed toward Gonepus, she wrapped both arms around his throat and squeezed hard. Gonepus made a retching sound and abruptly dropped her again. Vinyaya dragged her feet back into a standing position and kicked Gonepus in the thigh.As he groaned, Vinyaya released him and backed away. Gonepus glared at her and lashed out at her with the mechanical arm like a whip, shattering the concrete it brushed against. He lashed his arm out again before grabbing her arm and whipping her around into the side of the building, leaving a Minifig-sized crater in the wall.Despite her armor absorbing most of the shock, Vinyaya still had the wind knocked out of her and a weak grade of whiplash. She prepared for Gonepus to attack again when he heard her chuckle darkly. "Of course. I had forgotten about you."Vinyaya rolled out her neck briefly and her eye widened as she saw Gonepus once again had the Maelaser. "You know," Gonepus said, in a false calm voice. "You are more trouble than you are worth. I think I'm just going to finish this here." Vinyaya was already moving when Gonepus roared, "IMMA FIRIN MAELASER!" Where she had been was now only a gaping hole after the dark violet powers of the Maelstrom tore through it.Vinyaya was mentally punching herself. She had taken too long and now Gonepus had found the Maelaser. "You're crazy!" Vinyaya shouted without even realizing it.Gonepus shrugged. "Blah." Then another streak of Maelstrom energy shot out of the weapon toward her. Vinyaya combat rolled out of the way and into her Cosmotronic Ray. Picking it up with her left hand, she ran out of the way again as another blast of energy came at her. Aiming briefly, she fired the Cosmotronic Ray twice.The blasts struck Gonepus's remaining tentacle. His small eyes widened and he bellowed in horror as he watched the decapitated tentacle fly through the air almost in slow motion, gripping the Maelaser loosely. The Maelstrom weapon then slid out of the arm's grip and began to fall toward the ground.Gonepus was running toward it, hoping to catch it. Vinyaya lowered her shoulder and charged at Gonepus, throwing him back. Gonepus snarled and shoved Vinyaya away forcefully with his left hand. He ran and managed to barely catch the Maelaser in the cradle he formed with his left arm."You're finished, officer!" Gonepus roared. He turned around toward Vinyaya. "I'm going to-" He was interrupted with the sound of gunfire. Gonepus gasped and his body jerked involuntarily. He looked from Vinyaya, whose weapon was smoking from being fired, to his chest, where there was a small hole in his Space Marauder armor and where a small, red blotch was forming. Gonepus dropped the Maelaser in shock and fell to his knees, gasping for air.Vinyaya walked toward the XERRD scientist slowly, her weapon trained on his head. He looked up at her, a look of mad fury in his eyes. He weakly reached for his Maelaser, only for Vinyaya to kick it away."One more stake into your heart shouldn't matter," Vinyaya said coldly to the scientist. The Dino Attack Team already had one Maelaser in there possessions. And the more advanced copy that could corrupt Minifigs. There was no need for this one. Pointing her Cosmotronic Ray at the Maelaser, she fired.The weapon created a rather impressive, purplish explosion upon being shot that made the hair on the back of Vinyaya's neck stand up on end. When the smoke cleared, only a small pile of ashes remained. Gonepus looked at the pile in horror, what little color in his face draining away instantly. He then looked at Vinyaya with the most horrifying face of pure hatred that she had ever seen."You disgust me," Vinyaya hissed. Watching Gonepus breakdown over losing his mechanical arms and the Maelaser reminded the look of pure fury Michelle Glados had shown in the Maelstrom Temple after her teleporting device had been shot and destroyed by Minerva Fabello. "You care more for your pathetic little toys then you do for billions of innocent lives. The fires of MegaBlokLand are waiting for you, Gonepus."Gonepus snarled, his breathing becoming harsh and shallow. He was beyond saying anything comprehensible. He laid on the ground, a small pool of blood forming around him. Doctor Paulie Gonepus breathed one last, painful breath before moving no more.Vinyaya stepped through the hole Gonepus had created with his Maelaser and took shelter in the building briefly so she could catch her breath. She just barely brushed her hand against the ride side of her face, which was now only emitted a dull pain. Vinyaya let a small, celebratory grin form on her face. She may be half-blind, but she could still kick brick. And Pierce was going to keep in the headquarters. Pfft.Vinyaya reached for her radio and pulled put in close to her face. "Commander Vinyaya here," she said with just the barest hint of cockiness in her voice. "Paulie Gonepus won't be a problem anymore." She chuckled briefly as she heard several cheers and whoops of joy at Gonepus's demise. She pocketed the radio and stepped back out into the rain. Enough celebrating. Back to business. She glanced at the ruined remains of her Urban Avenger mixed with the remains of the Fire Hammer Gonepus had thrown at it. 'Suppose I should find a new ride. Shrugging, Vinyaya headed back into the battle, her Cosmotronic Ray over her shoulder, ready to find a few dinos that needed a good beating.

OoC: Viewer discretion is advised iC: Drip Drip Drip You could cut the tension with a knife. Trigger continued to hold his weapon to the head of Carrie Enderson as he dared Commander Pharisee to make a move. Pharisee did not lower his weapon; the powerful IMI Desert Eagle remained pointed at Trigger and Carrie unwavering. Well the standoff had been going on for quite some time now, Pharisee had no intention of backing down. He had learned patience over the years and he knew how criminals like Trigger think.To spite the fact that Trigger had a hostage it was he was calling the shots. Pharisee was the aggressor and Trigger had to react based on the commander’s actions. He sincerely hoped to use this to his advantage. Trigger assumed there were only a limited amount of possibilities when confronted with a hostage situation; however he did not account for the commander’s methods.To some degree he was right. Most law enforcers would use standard procedure. They would allow Trigger to make demands and then send in a negotiator in hopes of protecting Carrie. Well this method was tried and true Pharisee was not a normal law enforcer. The Commander prided himself in his unpredictability. Well he contemplated his options before making a decision he liked to choose an action that would throw his foes off balance. It was especially surprising when a man of the law did something unpredictable. One needed to evolve based on the situation and not treat all criminals the same. Moving off standard procedure was sometimes the best technique for taking men like Trigger by surprise and winning justice. Trigger’s overconfidence was his weakness. Pharisee understood that Trigger had operated as a mercenary for a considerable amount of time. He knew a lot of the tricks of the trade and he knew the general behavior of cops. Pharisee did not do things by the book, the book was outdated and narrow, he did whatever was necessary. “Very well Trigger.” Began Pharisee sarcastically, “You are not a coward, truly I say that only a foolish man would fight not only for what he believes but also for the sanctity of this world. You are valiant to leave them to meddle in the woes of existence. I see that you can function just as well without the world, I bet you don’t need people do you?” “I’ve gotten as far as I am today without getting too attached.” Said Trigger smugly, “Relaying on others only gets you znaped.” “Indeed.” Continued Pharisee, “I bet you made that gun yourself and forged those bullets. You have never needed someone else. You can’t get of this planet Trigger, once we’re all dead earth will eventually run out of all that makes life worth living. I’m not trying to convince you to come back; I’m just stating the truth so you understand just how ignorant you are.”Pharisee turned his attention to Carrie Enderson. “Even now you live of the lives of others, you exist vicariously only threw the suffering of your fellow minifig. Truly pathetic Trigger.” Trigger rolled his eyes and growled. “We’re done here Pharisee, I don’t need to wait here and listen to you preach. I’m leaving this joint and you can’t stop me. Carrie here is my hostage and I would have no reservations shooting her. You make a move and she’s dead, Understand? I’m calling the shots now!” Pharisee could tell Trigger was getting disturbed by the commander’s apparent lack of concern. Right now he stood less the ten feet away from them and he was slowly getting closer. With every small step Pharisee took Trigger jumped back in alarm. “I have made many sacrifices in the name of justice Trigger.”Said Pharisee darkly, even as Trigger shoved his weapon closer and closer to Carrie, Pharisee did not lower his weapon. “I know what kind of man you are Trigger.” He continued. “You contribute nothing to this earth and I will do what is necessary to take you down. Many times, I have made decisions that some would say are unscrupulous in the name of the greater good. I have since lived with that mantel and I am prepared to live with it further.” “I swear to the creator I’ll znaping kill her!” yelled Trigger as he backed away further “Swear to me!” yelled Pharisee in response. The sudden change in volume suddenly seemed to make the commander larger. In that moment Trigger suddenly seemed to shrink away under Pharisee’s might. And the room got even darker. The tranquil drip of the leaky bowling ally was interrupted by the tenacity of Pharisee. The incredible escalation changed the atmosphere in seconds and Trigger backed away at a more rapid pace. The mercenary had met many colorful individuals over his life but for the most part he had dispatched them from a distance and with meticulous planning. As the commander seemed to grow more and more in front of him he started to feel less and less in power. “Get back!” warned Trigger. “You don’t want to do something you’re regret! You would not want an innocent like Carrie on you conscience now would you?” “I already live with regret!” retorted Pahrisee. “I already carry that burden!” He suddenly brought down his gun forty-five degrees and fired one sudden and earsplitting shot. It struck Carrie Enderson in the leg and the woman screamed in agony as the bullet shattered her knee. With such a powerful weapon and at such close range the leg crumpled immediately as the blood splattered behind her. Clutching her wound in anguish she crippled to the ground exposing Trigger to Pharisee’s fury. “Son of a-” was all Trigger could say before the massive fist of Pharisee collided with his face and he was thrown down the row of machines. Placing his hand over his bloody noise, he turned his gun on Pharisee and fired a shot. However the adrenalin and surprise proved too much and the shot missed by several feet. Pharisee casually stepped aside and over Carrie’s body to take another shot at the mercenary. The bullet grazed Trigger’s arm and he drop his gun in pain. Unarmed and outweighed by almost 10 lbs. Trigger had no options but to run. He backed away from the imposing monstrosity of the commander before taking a full bolt to the dour. He only made it a few yards before a heavy bowling pin struck the back of his neck and he crashed to the flour.Then Pharisee was on him. The commander grabbed Trigger by the collar of his leather jacket and lifted him off his feet. For a moment before the punch came he glimpsed the terrifying eyes of Pharisee. Beyond the bright whites of his eyes he glimpsed a burning passion that could not be reasoned with. The eyes burned deep into him and he flinched as a fist collided with his face a second time. Trigger noise snapped and he was slammed into the concrete floor. Threw his swollen eyes he looked up at Pharisee as his foot came down on his chest. His breath left him and he was once again lifted into the air. “There will be no bargain” hissed Pharisee. He smashed Trigger against the wall and gave ferrous punches to the gut. Trigger slide to the floor and a sudden kick pushed him to the ground, he attempted to crawl away but a hand grabbed him by the hair and slammed his head into the metal pin setting machines. He had enough time to glimpse the red smear left behind before Pharisee slammed his head into it a second and third time. Trigger now lay on his back looking up at the flickering florescent light. His breathing was heavy and blood trickled down his face. Commander Pharisee’s shadow fell over him and he once again attempted to escape. Great arms wrapped around him and he was flipped over the larger man’s shoulder to hit the ground hard. He was then grabbed by the legs and tossed aside to collide with the wall a second time. There was no escape. The mercenary was broken. Trigger attempted to rise from his futile position but his legs wavered and he collapsed against the machines. He paused to catch his breath and held up a week hand. “What you’re feeling is pain Trigger.” Said Pharisee grimly, “A life time of wickedness is catching up to you. This is justice Trigger. Good and evil are repaid in kind, just as shadows follow bodies, and echoes follow sounds.”He punched Trigger more and he crippled to the floor after a swift hook to the left. For his life Trigger had been savvy and in control. Now for the first time he found himself at the mercy of another man. Unless he was confronted with a miracle he had no hope of survival. Physically he was outmatched by Pharisee and nothing he could do could change that. He would die in the damp and the grit like so many other mercenaries have.As lay on the floor and prepared for his last moments of life his hand touched something round and heavy in the shadows. It had a substance to it and it rolled on a precarious balance. As his fingers closed around the neck of the bowling pin his broken lips shifted into a smile.“And you will know the truth.” Said Pharisee. “The truth will set you free.” The commander bent down to deliver a powerful hit to Trigger’s jaw but Trigger rolled away and swung the bowling pin with all his might. He was weak and his vision was blurred from the beating he had received but the impact from the heavy pin was enough to take down the commander. It hit his head with heavy thunk and Pharisee slumped to the floor on top Trigger.The mercenary rolled aside and let out a sigh out of relief. Once he was confident in his success he withdrew Pharisee’s desert eagle handgun and placed it in his holster. Trigger allowed himself too faintly and he uncertainly rose to his knees. His body was bruised and beaten but he gave a shallow laugh as he reached into his pocket and withdrew his cigarettes case with broken fingers. After what he had been threw he really needed a smoke.Once he was on his feet he limped down the row of bowling machines toward the dour. He was dizzy and several times he had to reach for support. He fumbled with the nob before finally opening it and stepping out into the cold rain.“Trigger?”The Mercenary looked back at Carrie Enderson lying at the end of the row. She clutched her knee in misery as tears flooded her eyes.Trigger looked at the barkeep and then outside to freedom. She was hurt, but Trigger hurt more, he had to look out for himself if he hoped to survive this conflict. He stepped further outside and locked eyes with Carrie before closing the door between them.OoC:Before anyone says anything, Atton and I have a plain. I did not beat the living daylights out of Trigger and shoot Carrie without first getting approval. Rest assured me and him have this all worked out.As for Hertz, I'll have him give an update once this is taken care of

That is all

OOC:

OOC:Are the Pterosaur's lightning powers from the Maelstrom in the formula or not?
Yes, they are. Unfortunately, that means that our "prototype" friend has no such lightning abilities, as it was created before the Maelstrom was added to the formula.
Nazareno landed hard on the ground and looked at Cyrista's Bane. They had taken down this behemoth and now it was allied with the Dino Attack Team, which was reason enough to celebrate briefly, as things were only about to get worse. They would need a hundred Cyrista's Banes at the point to even hope to defeat the Typhonus-controlled Dr. Rex and his Mutant Dinos. Additionally, Blaire Darkling had still not called for a truce with the Dino Attack, so XERRD and Dr. Inferno's agents continued to be a problem. Additionally, he heard that the Fr-
The Fr-what? The French Visorak have taken over Kini-Nui? The French Fries are rebelling against the world's most incompetent elite agent? The French Toast is causing Dell Conagher to wield dual sub-machine guns? The French are forming an angry mob and attacking me for thinking that just because it begins with "Fr" that it must be French?
Zelda let out one, nervous breath before continuing. "I-I...I like you, Nazareno."OOC: Gasp! How will this dramatic/romantic plot tumor cliffhanger end? Tune in some other time to find out!
And the Nazarelda shippers rejoiced.
And now you know how TC01 and I felt back in 2009 when PeaSam kept unintentionally referencing Discworld. xD
Oh, yeah. Those were the days... though, I suppose, now that I've begun reading Discworld for real, these references might turn intentional one day. That is, if I ever finish The Color of Magic...
"Well, about as well as it can hold with what we've got," replied the man accompanying him, a young man in his early twenties. "I used to work in construction.""Alright then," replied Rotor. "You got a name?""Spike," replied the man.
... Now it's Atton Rand's turn to feel that way! Per chance, is this Spike who worked in construction at all related to Foreman Spike from Wrecking Crew?
Gonepus shrugged. "Blah." Then another streak of Maelstrom energy shot out of the weapon toward her.
Wow, you even managed to find a way to slip in the "BLAH!" that normally accompanies the Lazer! Anyways, that was a very enjoyable read and certainly a satisfying death for Paulie Gonepus.IC: From aboard their personal T-1 Typhoon, the founding members continued to oversee the Dino Attack Team's struggle against the Mutant Dinos. Although Cyrista's Bane had not only been defeated but also now pledged its allegiance to the Dino Attack Team, the battle against the cybernetic T-Rex was costly and broke the front lines long enough for Dr. Rex to gather a Mutant Dino army. Now, as the Maelstrom-possessed monster charged towards Dino Attack Headquarters, Specs knew that it would not remain safe much longer.As much as Specs hated to do so, in case Evil Ogel or any other power-hungry villain was listening to the radio, he had no choice but to contact the technicians and weapon designers. "What is the progress of the Einstein Device?" he inquired.The radio crackled to life with the voice of one of the lead engineers. "Almost finished! It'll be done in about a half-hour, I'd say."Specs frowned, seeing the Mutant Dinos drawing closer and closer to headquarters. "We don't have a half-hour." As a technician himself, Specs wished for a moment that he were not obligated to lead the team so he could help the others in designing the weapon that could very well bring their salvation. "I understand the importance of taking your time, but we cannot afford for the Mutant Dinos to get to the Einstein Device before it's ready.""It will be ready," promised the engineer.Next, Specs checked with the Portal Operations Team. "What is the progress on Operation Antarctica?"General's voice came in through the radio. "We've finished building a Teleport Pad to Antarctica's refugee facilities in the basement. So far, only those in need of medical attention and those who absolutely cannot fight have been sent through. We intend to build another Teleport Pad atop Dino Attack Headquarters so that T-1 Typhoons and Dino Air Trackers can airlift entire units to be teleported to safety... as well as provide everyone a place to fall back to, should Mutant Dinos start entering the building.""Good," nodded Specs. "But work quickly. If Dino Attack Headquarters is overtaken... we may have choice but to teleport as many units to Antarctica as we can.""Yes, sir," agreed General. "Shock, Throramebi, and I will assemble the Teleport Pad as soon as we reach the rooftop. We shall honor the memory of Libo!""'Honor the memory'?" blinked Digger, who was eavesdropping on the conversation. "What happened to Libo? I mean, last I saw, he was still alive, even during... well, you know... that incident.""Dropped a bridge on him," muttered Shadow, a little bluntly."Oh, come on," frowned Viper. "Be serious.""No, it's true," Specs shook his head sadly. "When I sent the reformed Portal Operations Team across the globe in search of XERRD's teleport pads, Libo was with them. At one point, their journey brought them to Japan, and they found the country overrun with Mutant Dinos commanded by Hybrids. After disabling XERRD's local teleport pad, they were pursued across the nation by the Mutant Dinos. When they reached the famous Stone Tower Bridge, Libo lagged behind to give the others a chance to escape. When the Mutant Dino army tried to cross the bridge, Libo brought it down... but he was still on the bridge when it collapsed.""That's a shame," sighed Digger. "That guy did so much for us, only to die without much recognition or fanfare.""We'll worry about the memorial service later," grumbled Shadow. "Now, we should be thinking about giving these Mutant Dinos a taste of their own medicine... destruction and carnage."OOC: Yes, I know I dropped a bridge on Libo, but I honestly saw no other direction for his character to go. He kind of hit a dead end, in more ways than one. Besides, I did (once... maybe twice) foreshadow the likelihood that he would not survive the Dino Attack.Whenever you're ready, Jacks. It's your move, after all.EDIT: Oh, wow. While I was writing that, that guy finally wrote that Pharisee/Trigger confrontation. Ah, yes. It was most cathartic indeed to read Trigger finally get what was coming to him from a mile away. Edited by PeabodySam

OoC: Before I forget, I was messing around with microsoft paint a few days ago and I felt like making a rough map of the final battle. This is far from set in stone (I could not make the arrows anything but 90 degrees), I just felt like making a general idea of the movments of forces and the location of the water. I think the colors I used are self explanitory but feel free to post questions.index.php?app=gallery&image=112EDIT: Can you see the photo alright? I'm having trouble on my end but I think that's just my computer

That is all

OOC:Rats. Ah, well, I can work something out.IC:Dr. Cyborg had an idea. "Cyrista's Bane, okay, for ease of speech, you are gonna be called CB a lot, okay? Anyways, you and Screech are gonna go help Rotor's group, okay?" Yes, Screech replied, but what's with the name?"Well, Pterisa was already taken, and anything similar sounds like copying."Fine, it will work, but you had better find me a name like Pterisa, Tyrannus, Veleosis, Lizrado, and Rex."Yes ma'am," Dr. Cyborg finished.They left, and Dr. Cyborg turned around. He saw a Mutant T-Rex standing behind him.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

"Well, about as well as it can hold with what we've got," replied the man accompanying him, a young man in his early twenties. "I used to work in construction.""Alright then," replied Rotor. "You got a name?""Spike," replied the man.
... Now it's Atton Rand's turn to feel that way! Per chance, is this Spike who worked in construction at all related to Foreman Spike from Wrecking Crew?
OOC: Unfortunately this would be a bit of parody failure as you seem to have misread my post. It's easy to miss but there were actually two guys, the guy who worked in construction was a different guy from Spike (we'll get to know him later). And really, I figured you'd be able to work it all out from a prior remark.No offense That Guy, but that map is kinda confusing. I think it might at least help to put some labels on things to give us a better understanding of what the arrows are pointing to.IC: The group of people outside in the bowling alley turned in surprise as Trigger staggered toward them. "You alright?" Montoya asked. "Znap off!" Replied Trigger as he slowly limped toward the exit, inhaling his cigarette as he did so. Slowly, Montoya turned toward Walter."That gun of yours," Montoya said. "It's not loaded by chance, is it?""Is it loaded?" Walter said, turning toward him. "What the znap do you want a znapping gun for, huh?""I need you to shoot these cuffs," replied Montoya. "The sooner you comply, the sooner you can get back to your game."Reluctantly, Walter reached into his bag and pulled out his gun, and slowly walked over toward Montoya. Taking careful aim, he fired, and the chain broke in half. "Thank you," replied Montoya as he stood up and walked toward the back. Slowly opening the door, he stepped into the dark room where the machines were set up."Is someone there?" A familiar female voice called out. Montoya looked carefully, but in the dim light, he could vaguely make out the face of a young woman- Carrie Enderson."Yes," replied Montoya. He slowly walked toward her and sat down. She seemed nervous. "It's okay," he said. "I'm not going to hurt you. Can you walk?"Carrie shook her head. Slowly, he picked her up and carried her out.

Outside, Trigger was hardly surprised to find more agents waiting for him. There were four or five total, all pointing guns at him. At first he complied, held up his hands. One man approached him to frisk him for weapons, but suddenly Trigger made his move. He reached behind his jacket and drew his gun and fired a solid round into the guy's stomach. Montgonel fired. Trigger flinched in pain as he looked at the bullet hole in the side of his waist. "You son of a 4+," he muttered. He quickly fired another round at him. He collapsed onto the ground. Two down, three more to go. By this point, the other three had finally decided to do the smart thing. They started to open fire on Trigger, realizing he was a threat. Finally, the mercenary collapsed onto the ground, lying against the wall. As the remaining agents struggled to tend to Montgonel, who was still alive but badly hurt, Trigger slowly began to crawl away.It was agonizing. The pain was nearly unbearable, but he kept moving, clutching certain wounds with one hand. Before long it was soaked entirely in his blood, and finally, he could take it no more, and collapsed in the middle of a road, soaked in blood. He started to think about things as he lay there, the people he killed. When he shot Ursula Bennett that one night at Mindstorms he thought nothing of it, but now he almost started to realize how she might have felt, knowing there was no chance, and fearing whatever was to come next. He thought about Carrie and how he'd left her so suddenly to save his own skin after working with her all those years. For the first time in his life, he felt something possibly close to remorse as he lay there in the cold rain.

"It is time," said a voice from an unknown source. Trigger painfully raised his head, as much as he could. There seemed to be a bright light. He tried to speak, but his voice left him."Oh come on now," said the voice rather sternly. "This gets so annoying, you know. Every time somebody dies they always try to convince me to bring them back. Look I got to take somebody alright. I've already spared that one guy Databoard like fifty times.The light grew bigger, and soon, Trigger found himself standing in a bright white void, or so it seemed, until the light faded, and standing there was a man somewhat creepily standing less than two inches away from him. The guy had blue anime-style hair, and an old ragged shirt, and for whatever reason, he didn't seem to have any pants- absolutely nothing covering his legs. He also had a mustache and a pair of eyeglasses on his forehead."Hello and welcome to the intergalactic-dimensional hotel!" He said. "How can I be of service."Trigger looked at him awkwardly and took a few steps back. "What the znap is this?" He asked. "Is this some kind of znapping afterlife or something?""Something like that," replied the man. "I'm the owner of this hotel.""Okay," replied Trigger, clearly disturbed by this man."Well, you must be hungry from everything that happened. Why don't you get something to eat."The owner led Trigger into a very elegant looking café. He led him to a small table where two other men were sitting, one a tough-looking man with a bandoleer, the other a doctor with short hair and glasses.The owner gave Trigger a menu. "A waiter will be along shortly to take your order," he said before leaving.Finally relieved to be rid of the strange man. Trigger looked at the menu, the other two men were doing the same."I think I might get myself a nice steak while I'm here," Trigger muttered. "I haven't had one of-""NO!" Shouted the large man with his thick Russian accent. "SANDVICH!""But you always get ze sanvich," replied the doctor next to him. "Vy don't we get somezing else for a change, ja?""NO!" Replied the Russian. He started singing. "Sandvich and me...""This is a load of megablocks," Trigger said. "I don't want know znapping sandwhich. I'm going to get myself something goo-"The large Russian man looked at him angrily. He promptly pushed the table aside and stood up. He walked up to Trigger, pounding his fists together tightly. The screams echoed throughout the Café as people watched in horror."OW! AHHH! AHHH! ALL I WANTED WAS A STEAK! OW! MY BLOOD! HE PUNCHED OUT ALL MY ZNAPPING BLOOD!"At that moment, a very elegant looking waiter with a thin mustache showed up with a tray. On that tray, was a sandwhich. "Your sandwich, Mr. Tzenovich," he said."DA!" Ivan shouted as he turned away from Trigger and grabbed the sandwich off the tray. "Om nom nom, nom nom. Ah, so filling!"The owner showed up once again. He walked up to Trigger and helped him to his feet. "You've got to be careful around him," the strange owner said. "He just loves his sandwiches. Now let met take you to your room. Unfortunately, we're having a few issues so you're going to have to share a room with somebody for the next little while."The owner led him outside, and up a flight of carpeted stairs. He led him down a corridor past a few rooms, along the way he greeted a few people. "Morning Mr. Holdem. Nice day ain't it Mr. Rutherford. Hey J.D. you're looking good." None of them seemed to notice that this man had blue hair and no pants. A few construction workers were walking around as well, apparently doing renovations."I rent this place out to the Universal Building Corporation," the Owner explained. "In exchange they take care of renovations.""Who?"'"You never heard of them?" Asked the Owner. "Why, they're the ones who caused the big bang, well accidentally anyway, a few of them got a little careless with some dynamite. It's a long story."They finally stopped at Room #42. The owner unlocked it and opened the door. "After you," he said politely. Trigger slowly stepped inside. "I'll be down in the lobby if you need anything," the owner said. "In the meantime I'll leave you to get acquainted with your new roommate. Goodbye."With that, the owner closed the door behind him, and Trigger turned to see who this roommate was, and stood startled in a mix of fear and disappointment.It was Amanda, or Silencia Venemosa. "You gotta be znapping me!" He muttered to himself.

OOC: I bet you didn't see that coming. I wasn't initially planning on this but I think there is an interesting element in the way I handled this part. In fact it's kinda an interesting character arc really. When we first met Trigger he was at the top of his game; he was tough, ruthless, cold, practical, and then his past started to catch up with him, and his determination to seek vengeance ended up being his undoing.

OOC: Rotobin and Nazarelda are both real! xD 'Tis a good day.that guy, I'm looking forward to seeing what you and Atton have in the works.EDIT: Atton, that was...interesting. After you brought Frank Bowman into this back in the day, I wasn't really expecting "Space Oddity" to show up again. :P PeaSam, The Colour of Magic -- and most of the early books, for that matter -- aren't all that splendid. Since the "series" is more of a smorgasbord of barely-connected and completely unrelated events, I would suggest that you skip to Guards! Guards!And thank you very kindly for setting the stage. Hold tight, folks -- this one's a game-changer.IC: Helm pulled Tracer's Vindication up to the line. Giles adjusted the XMM laucher -- probably switching modes, or something. It was a multi-mode launcher after all, right? Helm had to confess he didn't really have a clue how it worked, but Giles ran the machine so smoothly one would think he'd been born on it -- and Winston swung out onto the hood, sword drawn.In seconds the next wave was upon them.------------------------Up above, Osprey and Desdemona peppered a T-Rex with cannon bursts until it fell. Osprey had finally exchanged his exaggerated optimism for grim silence; accordingly the 1812 Overture was now being followed by Mars from Holst's The Planets suite.------------------------Things were still rough, Swerve reflected, but they were looking up, if only slightly. Now that he and Andrew had made the continuing gravity of the situation clear over the fall of Cyrista's Bane -- and of Dr. Paulie Gonapus as well, now -- the defensive line had been strengthened considerably, and the ranks of Mutant Dinos were breaking over them like ocean waves on a cliff face. Well, maybe not THAT good, but still pretty good.As he was manning the Z-1, Swerve was focused more on the short range. So it was Mort, from his higher vantage point in the turret, who saw what was coming next."Well, this doesn't look good," he muttered.Swerve looked up briefly. At that moment, the air was split by a long, unearthly roar, and the ground shook. The undead elite agent had to agree -- this didn't look good at all.------------------------Pierce had posted Wright outside the door to the infirmary, along with an Agent who called himself Jinx. Wright was glad for the company; the fact that her mind was still with Shiller probably did not make Wright the most effective of sentries, and she knew it. She began absentmindedly unloading and reloading the SMG, in hopes of distracting herself.The rumble of the battle up above and outside was practically tangible, and the two of them couldn't help but glance up worriedly from time to time. Thus far they'd been silent, save for an awkward attempt at flirting on Jinx's part, which Wright had quickly and harshly shot down. So it wasn't until the rumble was intensified by a rapid pounding and what sounded like a deep, eerie roar that either of them spoke again."Whatever's going on up there," Wright said tensely, "I think it just got worse."------------------------Hotwire cursed. Strategy was not one of his strong points, especially not when he had to concetrate ot shooting down pterosaurs at the same time, but all he could do now was pray he didn't get anyone killed as he ordered the nearest T-1s into something like a formation. He tried to raise Rotor or Cabin on the comms, but there was nothing on their line save static.Just then, a deep, unearthly howling roar echoed off of DAHQ and the surrounding buildings. The comm chatter exploded with panic. It took Hotwire a few seconds to make sense of what had just happened.Apparently, the Darkitect's patience had run out.Dr. Rex himself had broken from his own ranks and was making a beeline for Dino Attack Headquarters.------------------------Reality, as perceived by Dr. Ronald Alexander, was currently composed entirely of pain. No, not "pain" -- absolute unadulterated agony, and this was still an understatement. He could see the towering red-and-beige building ahead of him through a purple haze. Though he wasn't sure what was happening, he felt himself charging towards it. He didn't resist -- perhaps if he were successful, he would finally be allowed to die."RONALD ALEXANDER!"That voice...now that was enough to stop him in his tracks. Briefly struggling against the force that drove him forward, he slowed his pace and turned his head. A minifig was standing atop a nearby building. It was three stories tall, so he was forced to peer up somewhat to get a good look at the speaker.A woman, brown hair pulled back in a ponytail, and a face like...He opened his maw, and forced the growl that emerged into a word. "C-- ...Catherine?"------------------------Katerina looked down scornfully at the wreck of a creature that had once been her biological brother. "Yes," she said, "and again, no."Dr. Rex pounded the ground with his foot in rage and anguish. "They took you away! But this time I won't let them. I'll crush them all, bend them to my will. You won't have to leave again!""Oh, but I will be leaving. You can count on that." Katerina dropped to the roof of the next building, which was only two stories, putting her eye-to-eye with the armored T-Rex. "Do you know why they took me away?" she said coldly. "Because it was for the best. And not merely because our shared birth parents could not support two children. You, Ronald, with your possessive nature and your lust for control, would have destroyed me, as you have done to every last person close to you."Dr. Rex's only response was a howl of rage."You remember, I am sure, the one occasion we were allowed to meet," Katerina continued. "You were ten, and I six. When the time came to leave, you refused to let go of my arm. My parents had to pry me away while yours held you back. And you cried out that you would 'fix the world,' so that no family need ever be separated again." She threw her arms wide, gesturing at the destruction all around. "And what a FINE JOB you have done!" she shouted. "Look at yourself. A twisted monstrosity, enslaved to the greatest force of malevolent chaos ever to exist."Ronald Alexander thrashed about as the Darkitect urged him towards DAHQ. "It was necessary!" he rasped. "I needed the power of the Maelstrom in order to--""TO WHAT?" Katerina screamed. "To bring ruin to the world you swore to better when you were young? As a direct result of your foolishness, this entire planet was very nearly destroyed. By your actions, you would overturn the balance of the cosmos in favor of chaos and the annihilation of all that ever was. For that, I now sever my ties to you completely. You lost the right to call me sister long ago!"She took a step back from the building's edge and waited to see what would happen.OOC: EDIT: Dang it, I let two contractions slip into Katerina's speech. :facepalm:

Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

EDIT: Atton, that was...interesting. After you brought Frank Bowman into this back in the day, I wasn't really expecting "Space Oddity" to show up again. :P
OOC: I know. I'd actually been throwing around an idea like that one for a while (ever since I first read about the voice that comes for minifigs when they die). I just finally got an opportunity to implement it. The only trouble is now I got to decide on a new primary character. I was thinking of either Rotor or Pierce, though I'm not sure if the latter is possible given he isn't an official agent.

OOC:Ouch. What makes the afterlife help for Trigger? Sharing a room with Amanda for all eternity.Oucher. One of the reasons Dr. Res tried to fix the world disowned him as a brother? I bet Dr. Rex is really mad and sad. You know what might cheer him up? Having a traitor brought to him....

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC:Ouch. What makes the afterlife help for Trigger? Sharing a room with Amanda for all eternity.
OOC: Not neccessarily for all eternity- just until the owner can make the accommodations to give him his own room (though how long that'll take is anybody's guess). He is still stuck in a hotel with her and a sndwich-obsessed brute, though. That and a strange guy who never wears pants.

OOC: Wowsers. That confrontation was most satisfying and Trigger's end was interesting as well. I'd say go for Rotor as your new primary character, Atton.And now Katerina and Dr. Rex. Oh boy!

Wow, you even managed to find a way to slip in the "BLAH!" that normally accompanies the Lazer! Anyways, that was a very enjoyable read and certainly a satisfying death for Paulie Gonepus.
Heh. I had planned on how to insert the other two references ("Paulie-Znapping-Gonepus" and "Nothing of good food") but the "Blah" just came to me as I was writing that.
The Fr-what? The French Visorak have taken over Kini-Nui? The French Fries are rebelling against the world's most incompetent elite agent? The French Toast is causing Dell Conagher to wield dual sub-machine guns? The French are forming an angry mob and attacking me for thinking that just because it begins with "Fr" that it must be French?
lol. Who the Fr- will probably be revealed today after this post.IC:Minerva, Zach, Athena, and Wilma walked through the headquarters at a brisk. Minerva was keeping an eye on her mother while Zach listened in to a radio that he had received from Joike's Fire Hammer. Luckily, Athena had kept mostly quiet at this point. Minerva was relieved at this. Now that her emotions were in check, she probably wouldn't have snapped at Athena again, but it was still just better to have her quiet."What's going on outside?" Minerva asked Zach as he put away the walkie-talkie"The Darkitect sent Dr. Rex straight for the headquarters," Zach said with a hint of urgency. "He's only being held off by talking to a woman, who I am hearing is either 'Kat', 'Katerina', or both. Which makes some sense, as I did hear something about Kat being Dr. Rex's sister." He turned to Wilma, "Dr. Rex appears to be fighting off the Darkitect's influence for now to speak to Kat. I know personally that he won't last long unless something big happens, so we need to take this opportunity to find this Teleport Pad quickly."Elizabeth Wilma nodded and sped up her pace. Zach and Minerva adjusted while Minerva grabbed her mother's arm so she could keep up. As they rushed through the cafeteria, Minerva got a brief look around. Back in the kitchen section, Minerva thought she could see Mama and Papa Brickolini baking pizzas, thought she wasn't sure why. The mess hall itself was mostly devoid of life, save for a couple of people sitting at a table with their heads bowed, speaking quietly enough that Minerva could not comprehend what they were saying.She sped up to Zach. "What are they doing?" Minerva whispered to him, glancing back the Minifigs."Praying, presumably. To what deity, I'm not sure."Minerva frowned slightly. "What is that supposed to do?"Zach shrugged. "People find comfort in it. To know someone more powerful than anyone is out there, listening. Also, there is a giant beast leading an army of monsters toward this headquarters, the giant beast being controlled by an almost godlike person in control of basically the essence of chaos and destruction. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some religious text that describes an incident like this. All we really need is a savior to arrive and save us from certain destruction."Minerva glanced back at praying Minifigs. She herself did not follow any religion, preferring to put her faith into more physical beings. She couldn't really blame the Minifigs for trying find some comfort in this battle or trying to get some outside help. At this point, she could probably bring herself to pray as well.The group continued down the hallways in silence. Zach and Minerva was eager just to get Athena out of danger so they could return to the battle. Naturally, things never seem to work out that way."Stop," a shaky voice commanded from behind them. Minerva flinched visibly. "Turn around." Wilma, Minerva, Zach, and Athena turned slowly to face Oswald Fabello, pointing a handgun at the group.Minerva suppressed a small gasp. Zach was right. Oswald wasn't looking very good. Sunken eyes, unkept hair, a slightly-crazed look. He had sank even farther down since she had last seen him fleeing into Adventurers' Island's jungle."Oswald," Minerva whispered. "I-""Drop your weapon," Oswald commanded irritably. Minerva dropped her Cosmotronic Ray quickly. "You too, Virchaus. Drop the knife." Zach scowled, and let his knife fall to the floor. "And no Maelstrom tricks, Virchaus. One little purple spark, and I will kill all of you." Zach didn't say anything, choosing simply to glare. How did he know about that?Minerva wondered."You," Oswald hissed, turning his stare to Elizabeth Wilma. "I don't care about you. Get out of here. Now."Elizabeth Wilma looked to both Zach and Minerva. Minerva couldn't bring herself to speak, so Zach did. "He's dangerous. Just go. And maybe get some help." Oswald chuckled coldly, but didn't say anything. Wilma nodded quickly and turned and fled. "Well," Zach continued, crossing his arms. "Your plan seems be working, from what I can tell. Athena and by extension, you, made it to Minerva. What now?"Oswald cracked the barest hint of a smile. "We get out of here so we can have a more private place to talk." He stepped to the side and gestured for the group to get ahead of him. Gripping Athena's arm, Zach gave Oswald one last cold glare before they started walking. Minerva came up from behind and walked by Oswald as they began to leave the headquarters.Minerva looked at Oswald, who stared straight ahead. Her brother probably disliked Zach and he most certainly hated Athena. If anyone could possibly reason with him at this point, it was her."Oz," Minerva said quietly so only he could hear. She had chosen to use his old nickname as if to better connect with him. "What are you going to do?"Oswald was quiet for a brief moment, and then he spoke. "I can't lose you, Minerva. You're the only family I have left."Minerva was taken aback briefly. She had expected the ax crazy, murderous psychopath she had seen on Adventurers' Island to speak. Instead, she was speaking to her older brother. "Do you think being with XERRD will keep me alive?" she asked gently. Oswald nodded slowly. "No organization is safe from Baron Typhonus. He'll destroy the Dino Attack Team, then turn the Mutant Dinos on XERRD. No one is safe."She saw his eyes narrow briefly. "Baron Typhonus is dead. He was killed when the Maelstrom was created.""No," Minerva said, her voice growing cold. Oswald finally turned to look at her. "He isn't. I saw him myself in the Maelstrom Temple. He spoke to me, trying to get me to turn against my team. He is alive and he's out there now, controlling Dr. Rex. You are his puppet, just like the rest of XERRD is."Oswald looked at her, unsure what to think. Minerva was silently hoping that her words were help Oswald. He then turned away. "I don't know what to do with you, Minnie," he said in a shaky voice. "Part of me wants to just kill you. The other part wants to keep you safe because your my baby sister and the closest companion I had in the last six years."Minerva reached a reassuring hand out to Oswald. She wasn't sure if he was actually being manipulated by the Darkitect or his sanity was declining because of the Darkitect, but she was determined to help him. Oswald looked at the hand, then at Minerva. "You helped me when I needed it most," Minerva said warmly. "I want to return the favor."Oswald seemed like almost wanted to grab the hand and pull his sister into an embrace. To apologize for what he's done. He then turned his head and saw that they had reached the front door. Regaining some of his composure, Oswald turned to Zach and Athena. "Out the door. Now."The group shuffled out the front door and into the battlefield. Minerva gave Oswald a pleading look, but he ignored it. "This way," Oswald said, pointing. Sighing but not willing to give up Oswald just yet, she followed the rest of the group toward Oswald's destination.

OOC:
I'd say go for Rotor as your new primary character, Atton.
Either him or Montoya, in my opinion.
OOC: I was actually starting to consider Cabin, if only because she has a slightly different dynamic. Given my two primary characters were an extreme idealist and then a cold realist, it wouldn't be too bad an idea to choose someone who's a bit of both. Cabin's tough and she's a bit more down to Earth than Zenna, but she's a heck of a lot more considerate of others than Trigger. I coukd take on Kate, but then you'd have to read more posts with her crying. If I chose Shaw, you'd see more posts consisting of just her praying.

OOC: And so, another one bites the dust.

OOC: Unfortunately this would be a bit of parody failure as you seem to have misread my post. It's easy to miss but there were actually two guys, the guy who worked in construction was a different guy from Spike (we'll get to know him later). And really, I figured you'd be able to work it all out from a prior remark.
Parody Failure? Square Peg, Round Trope. A Parody Failure is when you try to parody a subject by doing something... but what you're parodying was already acknowledged or done by the subject matter. For example, the Snake vs. Snake fight would be a Parody Failure because it was supposed to parody the similarities between Snake Plissken and Solid Snake... but Metal Gear already fully acknowledges and embraces the fact that Solid Snake is similar to Snake Plissken, making the parody unnecessary. Mistakenly thinking that a former construction worker named Spike is named after Foreman Spike from Wrecking Crew is... not at all what this trope is about. Heck, it's not even a parody, so how could it be a failure?And really, this is coming from the guy who did not realize that Amanda's corpse was still with Rex, in the middle of a battlefield, surrounded by Mutant Lizards and about to be killed by Michelle Glados, and followed with an OOC message telling no one to interact with them.... I'd think you'd be a little more understanding about making errors while reading other peoples' posts.

"It is time," said a voice from an unknown source. Trigger painfully raised his head, as much as he could. There seemed to be a bright light. He tried to speak, but his voice left him."Oh come on now," said the voice rather sternly. "This gets so annoying, you know. Every time somebody dies they always try to convince me to bring them back. Look I got to take somebody alright. I've already spared that one guy Databoard like fifty times.The light grew bigger, and soon, Trigger found himself standing in a bright white void, or so it seemed, until the light faded, and standing there was a man somewhat creepily standing less than two inches away from him. The guy had blue anime-style hair, and an old ragged shirt, and for whatever reason, he didn't seem to have any pants- absolutely nothing covering his legs. He also had a mustache and a pair of eyeglasses on his forehead."Hello and welcome to the intergalactic-dimensional hotel!" He said. "How can I be of service."Trigger looked at him awkwardly and took a few steps back. "What the znap is this?" He asked. "Is this some kind of znapping afterlife or something?""Something like that," replied the man. "I'm the owner of this hotel.""Okay," replied Trigger, clearly disturbed by this man."Well, you must be hungry from everything that happened. Why don't you get something to eat."The owner led Trigger into a very elegant looking café. He led him to a small table where two other men were sitting, one a tough-looking man with a bandoleer, the other a doctor with short hair and glasses.The owner gave Trigger a menu. "A waiter will be along shortly to take your order," he said before leaving.Finally relieved to be rid of the strange man. Trigger looked at the menu, the other two men were doing the same."I think I might get myself a nice steak while I'm here," Trigger muttered. "I haven't had one of-""NO!" Shouted the large man with his thick Russian accent. "SANDVICH!""But you always get ze sanvich," replied the doctor next to him. "Vy don't we get somezing else for a change, ja?""NO!" Replied the Russian. He started singing. "Sandvich and me...""This is a load of megablocks," Trigger said. "I don't want know znapping sandwhich. I'm going to get myself something goo-"The large Russian man looked at him angrily. He promptly pushed the table aside and stood up. He walked up to Trigger, pounding his fists together tightly. The screams echoed throughout the Café as people watched in horror."OW! AHHH! AHHH! ALL I WANTED WAS A STEAK! OW! MY BLOOD! HE PUNCHED OUT ALL MY ZNAPPING BLOOD!"At that moment, a very elegant looking waiter with a thin mustache showed up with a tray. On that tray, was a sandwhich. "Your sandwich, Mr. Tzenovich," he said."DA!" Ivan shouted as he turned away from Trigger and grabbed the sandwich off the tray. "Om nom nom, nom nom. Ah, so filling!"The owner showed up once again. He walked up to Trigger and helped him to his feet."You've got to be careful around him," the strange owner said. "He just loves his sandwiches. Now let met take you to your room. Unfortunately, we're having a few issues so you're going to have to share a room with somebody for the next little while."The owner led him outside, and up a flight of carpeted stairs. He led him down a corridor past a few rooms, along the way he greeted a few people. "Morning Mr. Holdem. Nice day ain't it Mr. Rutherford. Hey J.D. you're looking good." None of them seemed to notice that this man had blue hair and no pants. A few construction workers were walking around as well, apparently doing renovations."I rent this place out to the Universal Building Corporation," the Owner explained. "In exchange they take care of renovations.""Who?"'"You never heard of them?" Asked the Owner. "Why, they're the ones who caused the big bang, well accidentally anyway, a few of them got a little careless with some dynamite. It's a long story."They finally stopped at Room #42. The owner unlocked it and opened the door. "After you," he said politely. Trigger slowly stepped inside."I'll be down in the lobby if you need anything," the owner said. "In the meantime I'll leave you to get acquainted with your new roommate. Goodbye."With that, the owner closed the door behind him, and Trigger turned to see who this roommate was, and stood startled in a mix of fear and disappointment.It was Amanda, or Silencia Venemosa."You gotta be znapping me!" He muttered to himself.

While I will admit that the parody of the "It is time" voice made me laugh, and I admit that this is an interesting scenario (if I had the time, I'd love to write about Amanda's reaction to being Trigger's roommate), I'm a little... uncertain about canonizing everything in the spoiler box. Since the afterlife is a touchy subject, I'd rather not touch upon it in Dino Attack RPG. In addition to the many "LEGO deities" offered in this RPG (Builder, Creator, the First Builders, Ole Kirk Christiansen), there are Jewish (Frank Einstein) and Islamic (Dust) characters too, and I imagine that no two sets of belief have quite the same perspective on life after death, especially regarding a hotel of all things in the afterlife. I just feel like choosing one afterlife, any at all, could say that any other belief is "wrong" and thus potentially offend those who believe in that.The one possibility that came to mind, aside from this being a non-canon "What If?" scenario, is that this was a hallucination Trigger had in his final moments (a la LOST series finale). However, given that Trigger never actually met Ivan, Dietrich, Bob, and J.D. (he did, however, see Tex's corpse), even this doesn't make sense.

Besides, Jacks and Andrewnuva already know what really happened to Ivan, Dietrich, Bob, Tex, and Amanda. They all ended up in City 25896, a largely-empty city (but with an ever-increasing population) in the middle of an endless desert and ruled by an oppressive overlord who loves to watch them suffer.

I just don't know about this.

Which reminds me, I do have another chapter of Five Years Too Many written up. I should probably get around to posting it.IC: "Dino Attack... turned you... against me...!"Dr. Rex thrashed around, feeling muscle spasms all over his body as he struggled to remain still despite Baron Typhonus's urging, despite the Darkitect pulling his strings. The physical pain was greater than ever, and Dr. Rex wished for nothing more than to simply die.But now, even worse was the emotional pain. If it weren't enough that he only now realized that he was little more than the Darkitect's plaything, Dr. Rex now had seen his sister, his dearly beloved Catherine, again, after so many years of being forcibly separated... and she had just disowned him. He remembered all too well the pain he suffered from losing her the first time. Now, like a musical motif, a dark reprise of those memories was now playing."I... cannot..." Dr. Rex, aghast at Catherine's words. "No..." Unable to even put his thoughts into words, Dr. Rex delivered a terrifying roar that was so loud that it nearly deafened those nearby.A violent muscle spasm shook Dr. Rex's entire body. The Maelstrom energies constricting his being tightened their grasp."She's... my sister...!" panted Dr. Rex, although it was unclear who exactly he was talking to. "I cannot lose... not again...!"One tendril of Maelstrom energy wrapped itself around his neck. It constricted tightly, choking Dr. Rex and causing him to thrash about violently again. Although Dr. Rex tried to roar again, his breath was stopped by the Maelstrom energy, silencing his cry of defiance. Katerina took a step back, for all the good that it would do.When Dr. Rex found the strength to look at Katerina again, his eyes appeared to be ablaze with fury and madness. The Maelstrom energies around his body glowed brighter than ever, and his form almost appeared to be burning in a purple inferno. "Fine!" he spat, and Kateirna could hear pure hatred dripping from his words. "You dare... to renounce... your own brother...? Then you... are no sister of mine...! You mean nothing... to me now! I shall... destroy... all... and I shall start... with... you!"Dr. Rex roared, and Katerina took a step back, for all the good that it would do. It disturbed her to see such a brilliant, if misguided, scientist descend to such feral besity. As Dr. Rex, with his maw opened wide, lunged at the building where Katerina stood, he was stopped for a third time by an all-too-familiar voice."Doctor Ronald Alexander!""You!" growled Dr. Rex, snapping his head towards a nearby parking garage sponsored by Octan. Sure enough, through the purple haze that clouded his vision, Dr. Rex recognized Evil Ogel standing there, alive as ever. "How many times do I have to kill you?" Without even waiting for the evil mastermind to respond, Dr. Rex charged towards the parking garage and, as soon as he was close enough, swallowed Ogel whole. Already knowing the pattern, Dr. Rex open his maw as a jet of purple-tinged flames erupted from his mouth, incinerating the entire parking garage. It pleased Dr. Rex to hear the shouts and cries of a hidden Skeleton Drone army in the instants before they died.Turning back to the three-story building where Katerina was, Dr. Rex was infuriated to see his sister nowhere in sight. Not wanting to leave any chances, Dr. Rex rammed his body against the building, smashing it against his armored hide. Then, he repeated it again and again, until the entire building was reduced to a pile of rubble. Before the dust even settled, Dr. Rex breathed fire over the ruins, surely incinerating anyone who could have survived the building's collapse.Turning his attention back to Dino Attack Headquarters, Dr. Rex saw through the purple haze that there was a large barrier protecting the building's perimeter. A few snipers remained on the wall, those that were smart enough had already fled. In a matter of mere seconds, Dr. Rex demolished the entire wall, and there was Dino Attack Headquarters on the other side, vulnerable as ever.Dr. Rex raised his head and roared to the heavens. The army of Mutant Lizards and Mutant Raptors gathered at his feet rushed forward, eager to claim Dino Attack Headquarters. In less than a minute, they would break into the building.In his pain, Dr. Rex's agony had turned to anger, the only fuel that kept him going. Talia Kaahs had been turned against him. XERRD no longer accepted him. Catherine, his own sister, had forsaken him. He was left with nothing but his Mutant Dinos, and Dr. Rex now knew that they too did not truly see him as their leader, for he was merely a puppet to their true master, the Darkitect. Dr. Rex had nothing. Nothing but his pain and his anger.Now that Catherine had renounced him, Dr. Rex knew that he would not hold back any longer. If he had nothing, then nothing mattered to him. It would not matter if Catherine or Talia stood in his way; he would slaughter them both like animals. When he was finished with Dino Attack Team, killing every last one of them and grounding their headquarters to dust, then nothing could ever stop him.Everything was about to come to an end.And then you'll kill me, right?Later.OOC: Oh, yes! I am so happy that we got that long-anticipated Ronald/Catherine reunion in. Unfortunately for both of them, it happened at a very inconvenient time for Dr. Rex... but now, there's no hope for redemption. Dr. Rex has had quite a few moments... but I can safely say that he's truly "snapped" for good this time.

OOC:Well, I'm guessing this would be a bad time for Dr. Cyborg to be captured by Mutant Dinos and brought to Dr. Rex, huh?

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC: avmatoran: Possibly, considering Dr. Rex doesn't seem in the mood or mental state to be stopped in the middle of his attack to take a moment to find glee in re-meeting Dr. Cyborg and then eating him.BTW Atton, perhaps you could leave your spoliered final part with Trigger with a disclaimer saying it's perhaps only one way things could've turned out for him, or only his case of what it's like to pass on, so to speak. Or it could just be a fun, non-canon "what if?" type deal.And about your new player character. I'd say Rotor, seeing as he is an Elite Agent in the middle of this battle that you might want to remain focused on playing (I know Dr. Cyborg just sent reinforcements in his last IC)..... but, there still is the possibility to work in the sudden return of a certain character who was last seen being taken away to Antarctica, ready to make a dramatic appearance to help her team in the time of need... just saying.IC: Andrew's crew worked fast. With the efforts of himself, Laxus, and Pterisa, they were able to lift the FIre Hammer onto the makeshift stand from the spare bricks from the vehicle they had been looting for parts. Then after Andrew pried off the hubcap from the ruined front wheel, he managed to remove the wasted part, looking like it had been chewed up by a large dog or toddler, and get the new wheel into place.With Pterisa still watching their backs, Laxus and Andrew managed to push the new wheel in fully, and then reattach the hubcap, securing it in place. Taking a moment to breathe in relief, they then kicked the brick-built stand out of place, letting the Fire Hammer rock back onto four secure wheels once more."Hey!" Catless cried out from the turret. "Warn me first before you do that!""Sorry," Andrew replied briefly as Laxus went back into the vehicle through his door. As Andrew climbed up himself, he turned to Pterisa, who was on her wings and ready to fly back up to Catless's blind side."Thanks for the support," he said."Well, we are allies," the Hybrid responded. "What did you expect? Plus, its the least I can do after all you've done for me."The two smirked again before Andrew climbed back into the driver's seat and Pterisa went up to the Xenon turret. With his door closed and seatbelt buckled, Andrew put the Fire Hammer in drive and moved off again, quickly getting a look of things with the battle going on. Immediately, he saw the giant purple-glowing armored Mutant T-Rex heading for HQ, the large army of Mutant Dinos following him."Get ready, team!" Andrew cried out on the radio. "HQ's about to take a beating! Thin out Dr. Rex's army as much as possible, then we can worry more about taking the big guy down!""Easier said than done, Mister!""Seven minutes. That's all I give for HQ's staff being able to survive that attack.""This is it, guys!""I've heard commotion over at the bowling alley! I think they got Trigger!""What the Znap is Pointman doing?!""Gentlemen, it's been a pleasure fighting with you tonight.""Is it night already? With this weather, I can hardly tell.""I'm hearing rumors about some Einstein Device. Anyone have any info on that?"------------Semick looked back at Dino Attack Headquarters. The building he had been living in for months, planning countless operations, meeting countless strong allies, and giving him his few opportunities for relaxation for the past several months, was mere moments from certain pulverization. He was not a sentimental man, but he knew the unconscious symbolism it would have when the building fell.He looked back to the T-1 that was Hotwire's Talon 2. Hotwire had been relatively quiet ever since he had seen Kat/Catherine wander off. Reports were that she had been confronting Dr. Rex, but not everyone had heard them or had them confirmed. Undoubtedly, he was worried that she would not survived, or whether his friend was truly still in there somewhere."Hotwire," Semick said over comn, "I know you're concerned, but we've got a duty to do here. When HQ falls, our agents are going to be in a disarray of morale loss and strategic confusion. We need to be ready to reorganize our forces for this.""...Okay, I think I'm up for it," said the agent. "What do you suggest?""From what I can see, the Mutant Dino forces incoming are taking a beating. I'm guessing we might be close to thinning two-thirds of the initial army, but I can't be certain. Regardless, with our reinforcements form Alpha Team, Agents and whatever Dr. Cyborg's been doing, along with the possibility that XERRD still might call a truce with us, we could easily settle the Mutant Dino problem and then be able to handle Dr. Rex afterwards.""Not much of a plan," said Swerve, "but I admit we're running out of options, and that is the most achievable one at the moment.""Same here," said Andrew suddenly, his voice finally returning to the Elite channel. "Even though he's still insanely powerful, it's better to have only one of him rather than him and an army of supporters.""We can work on it better once everyone is back and ready," said Semick, "and by that, I mean when Dr. Cyborg is finished at the Power Station, Zach and Minerva are done helping take the latter's mother to safety, and Rotor and Cabin are brought back into the air. Rex would be of help too, but I can understand how he might not be able to, in his state."The former Power Miner glanced back at HQ, where a few T-1s were still hovering over even in the face of the oncoming attack. "Reptile," he warned his ally into the mic, "you need to get out of there to avoid getting pulverized right about now!"

Edited by Andrewnuva199

OOC: PeaSam, you took that in a rather different direction than I expected. Ever the schemer.Andrewnuva, Hotwire's been on the outskirts of the city since B blew up that mountain pass. He was not actually able to see anything going on at HQ, and therefore doesn't yet know of Katerina's exploits.

Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC: I was all "Poor guy. Been pushed off the deep end by everyone he loved and manipulated into doing stuff blah, blah, blah."And then:

And then you'll kill me, right?Later.
I lost it.EDIT:
..... but, there still is the possibility to work in the sudden return of a certain character who was last seen being taken away to Antarctica, ready to make a dramatic appearance to help her team in the time of need... just saying.
Shoot! I just remembered I was going to vaguely hint at this in my previous IC! To boost morale and all that good stuff. Or at least get a more fabulous send-off than getting an unflattering send-off by being crushed under a tent.IC:Blaire Darkling surveyed the battle with increasing interest and dread. Upon escaping Kareem Nazareno and his allies, Blaire had stumbled upon a rather advanced XERRD command post in a three story building. From there, he could continue his observations, now as XERRD's leader.Blaire was relieved that the bulk of XERRD had decided to accept him as leader. There were a few naysayers, such as Paulie Gonepus, but they could be silenced. He had control. No, what unnerved him was Nazareno's appearance. The last thing he had wanted was someone directly related to his past appearing, particularly a rival. It could easily tempt him into becoming Matthew Vherestorm one last time. However, Nazareno would have to be dealt with later. Now, he had an organization to run.Blaire turned away from the window he was watching the battle from and descended down the stairs. Dr. Rex had been halted to speak with his sister, but that ended rather quickly and he continued his attack toward Dino Attack Headquarters. Members of XERRD were out there aided them. He had told them to fight. No fancy maneuvers, tactics, or tricks. Just fight. So Blaire could consider his next move carefully.He reached the second floor and came upon a complex set up of radios and laptops. At this point, this building was where all XERRD transmission came in. Several Hybrids and Inferno Agent stood guard over the XERRD scientists that were at work."Get me on with Gadd," Blaire commanded to Dr. Oak and his grandson, Gary. They two pressed several buttons, then gestured for Blaire to speak. "Alvin Gadd?""Darkling," Alvin Gadd's voice came over the radio. "I suppose you want an update, correct? Very well. First things first, Paulie Gonepus was discovered dead."Blaire smirked coldly. One less loose end to deal with. "Anything recoverable? The Maelaser?""Nope. All destroyed."Blaire shrugged. "Very well. Where is Dr. Inferno? I don't want that fool skipping out." He heard menacing growls from the Inferno agents guarding the room. Blaire turned to the Hybrids. "Get rid of them, please.""Look out the window." Blaire did. He saw a tall, black and orange robot stomping through the city toward Dino Attack Headquarters, throwing vehicles aside with its claw and toasting anything that crossed its path with a flamethrower arm."Ah. I was wondering when that mech would show up. Anything else worth reporting?"He thought he could hear a sigh on Gadd's end. "Go on to the roof of the building." Blaire shrugged and ascended the stairs to the third floor and used a ladder to reach the roof. He looked up into the sky and raised an eyebrow.Several black-scaled dragons flew in the sky with the Mutant Pterosaurs, breathing purple flames. With them were several boat-like aircrafts with straps connected from the boats to large, black dragons, who carried them.Blaire lifted his walkie-talkie to his face. "So the Fright Knights have arrived." XERRD's other ally with a large amount of resources. Though despite their allegiance, the fact that the Fright Knights saw fit to use Maelstrom Dragons worried him.One windship split off from the group and floated to the building Blaire was standing on. It was much larger than the others, with a massive Maelstrom Dragon carrying it. From the windship rose Willa the Witch on her broomstick, a wand spinning in her finger tips."So!" Willa the Witch cackled as she lowered herself down to Blaire's eye level. "You are XERRD's leader now, hmm?""That would be correct," Blaire said, staring hard into the witch."I hope you don't mind if I don't get your name?" Before Blaire could answer, she raised her wand. "Good. And I'm glad to see myself and the Fright Knights have arrived just in time to stop this pesky Dino Attack Team from taking Castle Cove from us! In addition to the air force above you, we have several ground troops as well. And," Her tone darkened. "I can find King Race and Lord Vladek and get my revenge.""Unfortunately," Blaire said, crossing his arms. "We have already received word that King Race had perished. Lord Vladek and his allies are out there, though you may not get the opportunity to get your revenge.""And why not?" Willa the Witch sneered."I am considering a truce with the Dino Attack Team."Willa the Witch gasped and flew in so close that her breath began to fog up Blaire's sunglasses. "You would not dare join them! The other kingdoms would return and take Castle Cove from me! If you join them," she jabbed Blaire in the chest with her wand fueled with the Maelstrom's power. "You will regret it."Blaire's face remained emotionless. He could see purple sparks travel through her wand. He was vaguely reminded of Zachary Virchaus and his Maelstrom powers. But unlike Virchaus, Willa the Witch had never been a Stromling and did not understand the Maelstrom's true power as Virchaus did. Blaire could only assume that, with her use of the Maelstrom in her magic, Willa the Witch was now unknowingly under Baron Typhonus's thumb and would aid his Mutant Dino army in destroy the Dino Attack Team before he turned and destroyed her himself.A strange smile formed on Willa the Witch's face. "I think you see my point. One word of joining the Dino Attack Team, and I will see to it that the only thing you will lead is the dead!" Cackling madly, Willa the Witch flew back into Windship and it returned to the sky. It traveled to east of the headquarters. Blaire saw the small blip that was witch fly out of her windship, a purple ball of energy surrounding her. She then flew around in several circling before shooting straight through the central tower of Dino Attack Headquarters, starting several purple fires in the building.Blaire grimaced. He did not have the Fright Knight's support, but that wouldn't matter. He lifted the radio back up to his face. "Gadd?""Yes, Darkling. I'm here. That's all that's really worth reporting. Oh, and I another thing: I'm done."A surprised smile formed on Blaire's face. "Elaborate.""This whole thing. I'm done with XERRD. We've all made a terrible mistake, and I'm determined to fix it." Gadd paused before continuing. "I've also found Dr. Lee and freed him from the death trap Dr. Rex put him in. We're both surrendering."Blaire was surprised. "I'll admit, Gadd. I thought you were spineless. Here you are telling me off. Is it foolish? Perhaps. Regardless, you will not need to surrender to the Dino Attack Team if everything goes according to plan. Just wait a few moments." Gadd sighed, but ultimately agreed to Blaire's demands. Blaire then returned to the second floor."Well?" Blaire asked expectantly to Dr. Oak."I think you could pull it off. You do have something planned for the others, correct?""Indeed.""Yes. Also, Dr. Inferno refuses to accept your plan. He states he will never ally with the likes of the Alpha Team, Agents, and especially Ogel."Blaire scowled. Of course. Dr. Inferno's massive ego refused to see that unless he allied with his enemies, he would not take over the world, but be destroyed. "A pity, but we can move on without him. Have you traced the radio signal from Elite Agent Semick's message?" Oak nodded. "Then let's get this show on the road."Blaire stepped up to a microphone, tapped it briefly, then said, "Elite Agent Semick?"A short silence before the Elite Agent spoke up. "Yes? Who is this?"A small smile formed on Blaire's lips. "My name is Blaire Darkling, the leader of XERRD. I would get into contact with you leaders, but you made the request, not them.""Am I hearing this right? You're forming a truce?""Indeed I am. The shroud of the Darkitect has fallen. I refuse to be his pawn any longer and will see to it that he is defeated and the creatures of destruction we helped create are stopped. Unfortunately, Dr. Inferno and Willa the Witch refuse to go along with any alliance with the Dino Attack Team, so the Inferno agents and Fright Knights are still enemies to you. After I am finished with talking to you, I will make the announcement to XERRD as whole in an attempt to turn an who are still under the Darkitect's influence to helping us. And if that fails...well, fell free to let any of your agents' trigger fingers' slip if they see a Space Marauder, Sorcerer, or Shinobi aiding the Mutant Dinos, Fright Knights, or Inferno agents."Blaire paused, then concluded with, "Is there any terms or conditions you would like to lay down before making this truce official?" Edited by Brikman McStudz

OOC: Andrewnuva, Hotwire's been on the outskirts of the city since B blew up that mountain pass. He was not actually able to see anything going on at HQ, and therefore doesn't yet know of Katerina's exploits.
OOC: Understood. I edited my post to fit better.Also, I congradulate Atton for doing an awesome job at a match of TF2 Mann Vs. Machine with me! He was Medic, I Solider, and we kicked brick like nothing else against the tobor hordes!IC: Semick considered for a second whether or not he felt further terms were necessary on his side. "All I want..." he said to Blade Darkling, "is for you to help us defeat these Mutant Dinos, and especially this Dr. Rex fellow here. But I do want you to be willing to face the judgement of our team's Founding Members, as well as the rest of the world's leaders, and possibly even some galactic ones. UNderstand that you won't all get off easy for what you've done to this planet, but all I want is for you to help us save it so that innocents may live on, and that you may have a slight chance at being redeemed in our eyes. Is that good enough?"A few quiet, tense moments passed as Semick waited for a reply. "I suppose that's good enough. For now at least. So would you call that a truce, Elite Agent Semick?""Yes. I would call it a truce," Semick said, wishing partially that he could shake the man's hand in a sign of honesty in his truce. "I'll inform my men. You do the same for yours.""Understood."Semick quickly switched frequencies and began giving out a message to DIno Attack."Attention All Agents! This is Elite Agent Semick! I have just come off a meeting with current XERRD leader Blade Darkling! He has agreed to a truce between XERRD and the DIno Attack Team! I repeat, XERRD has made a truce with DIno Attack Team!All agents are to stop confronting XERRD forces with hostility, unless they are seen supporting Mutant Dino forces! Also, please note that the forces under Dr. Inferno and the witches from Castle Cove are hostiles to all, having disbanded alliances from XERRD due to their agendas! Continue attacking them! That is all""Wow! I didn't believe that could happen!""Someone get Cyrista's Bane to keep this giant Inferno mech busy! He just came outta nowhere and is tearing us apart over here!""Yes! You owe me five bucks, Bob.""I don't trust that Blade Darkling. Semick, you sure of this?""I think Zach & Fabello are being held at gunpoint by someone! Go check that out!""Who's got the neat teal-and-black Urban Avenger over there?""Ouch! Didn't you hear that, mage? Stop hitting me!"

OOC: In response to all these remarks, I would like to make it clear that the whole afterlife thing was intended as little more than an inside joke. The reason I put it in spoiler was specifically to separate it from the main narrative. How much of it is canon and how much is just my incredibly messed up imagination is open to interpretation.Then again, many religions are somewhat vague in just what exactly happens in those locations. People often say Heaven is a wonderful place, but do they ever actually say what happens there? Maybe the hotel is in fact Heaven, and Trigger is just really really unlucky. Or maybe it's a weird alternate dimensional thingy that became the basis for the afterlife that most religions talk about.Regardless, that's enough religious discussion. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to go write up Shaw's latest Prayer.Okay, seriously. Now for the first IC featuring my new primary character in the form of Rotor. IC: Rotor walked up to the construction worker. He was busy organizing some of the other agents, giving them instructions."You got a name?" Rotor asked."Harris," replied the construction worker."And you're an old friend of Spike, here.""Yeah," replied Harris."I see," replied Rotor. "You know anyone else in here?""Well, there's Buffy," replied Harris. "She's a lot stronger than she looks. Try not to get on her bad side.""I see," replied Rotor. "I'm putting you in charge of fortifying this building then. You do whatever you need to do to make this place mutant dino-proof.""What do we do about supplies?" Harris asked."We salvaged what food and ammo we could get out of the chopper," replied Rotor. "If we run low we'll have to send parties out to get some more."

OOC: What's this? Two IC posts from PeabodySam in one day! Blasphemy! But seeing as we're moving along at a rather fine pace at the current moment, I figured I'd post that which I chose not to include in my previous IC.EDIT: Oh! I almost forgot! Gary MegaBloking Oak is on XERRD's side? We are screwed! ... oh, wait. Blaire Darkling's declaring a truce? Whew!

OOC: PeaSam, you took that in a rather different direction than I expected. Ever the schemer.
Heh, what did you expect? Dr. Rex to suddenly be "Oh please, forgive me?" Well, that might have been the case, but I literally waited until you posted to write Dr. Rex's response because I wanted it to be a logical (for Dr. Rex) response to whatever Katerina had to say. As he was renounced as her brother, I took that idea and ran with it, with Dr. Rex's inherent brotherly love for his sister being absolutely crushed as a result.Although, as I was writing it, I originally wanted to have an "argument" between Dr. Rex and the Darkitect, with Dr. Rex wanting not to hurt her but the Darkitect urging him to do so... it's mostly intact, but the Darkitect's lines have been removed and replaced with more Maelstrom pain and constriction, since I felt it would be a lot more powerful that way.Although, I have to say, your writing Dr. Rex for the previous scene was spot on. I especially liked the anecdote about their childhoods, as it excellently conveys Dr. Rex's inability to cope with loss, which provides the roots of his actions today. Really emphasizes the idea that Dr. Rex, for all the horrible war crimes he's committed, is a tragic villain.IC: "Holy Znap!" gasped Frozeen as Dr. Rex demolished the great wall which served as a protective barrier on the perimeter of Dino Attack Headquarters. He watched in horror as Mutant Lizards and Mutant Raptors, gathered at the armored T-Rex's feet, rushed forward over the ruins of the wall, heading straight for Dino Attack Headquarters.In only a matter of seconds, Frozeen calculated, the Mutant Dinos would reach the doors of Dino Attack Headquarters. Despite the building being constructed to withstand Mutant Dino attacks, there was no way it could be protected from such sheer numbers. The great door to Dino Attack Headquarters's garage was sliding down, but Frozeen knew it would never close in time."Shiver me timbers!" whispered Greybeard. "Mary Rose be in there...!""Shanno - I mean, agent Gromtin, too!" added Frozeen in a terrified shout. "She's in a wheelchair... she's a bio engineer and tech expert, not a fighter... she doesn't stand a chance against them!"Sam Race narrowed his eyes and tightened his grip on the steering wheel of the Fire Hammer. "I've lost my father today," he gritted his teeth. "I'm not going to let anyone else die." Before either Frozeen or Greybeard could ask what he was doing, Sam slammed his foot on the gas pedal and floored it. The Fire Hammer raced across the rubble that was once the protective wall, plowed through a few Mutant Lizards running towards headquarters, and crashed through the front doors of Dino Attack Headquarters. Bricks and shards of broken glass flew everywhere, and Frozeen and Greybeard ducked to avoid getting hit by the debris.The quickest to recover, of course, was Sam Race. He pointed to someone who appeared to be a mechanic, since he wore a blue mechanic's jacket with white sleeves and a white hat with the Octan logo on it, who was staring at the mess made by the Fire Hammer's dramatic entrance. "You! See how quickly you can take apart this Fire Hammer and build a barrier or something to keep the Mutant Dinos out for a little longer!""Got it!" nodded the mechanic, already running towards the Fire Hammer. "Building is my middle name, after all! Actually, it's my first and last name. Heh, I actually only just noticed that.""Good to see you, Bill Ding," nodded Frozeen, who hopped out of the Fire Hammer and helped Greybeard step out. "Now, let's find Mary Rose and Sha - I mean, Gromtin before the Mutant Dinos do!"

"Okay, Kat. What did we learn today? Do NOT make the big scary mad-scientist-turned-T-Rex angry!""Attention all Dino Attack personnel! This is agent Shock speaking. If you need to evacuate to Antarctica, you have only a few minutes remaining until we destroy the Teleport Pad in the basement; we cannot afford to let any Mutant Dinos get near it. We are now constructing a Teleport Pad on the roof of Dino Attack Headquarters.""It's a sure good thing that those Rogue Knights and Chinese soldiers arrived. We need all the help we can get against these Inferno agents and Fright Knights!""Orders from Digger! T-1 Typhoons, keep fighting the Mutant Dinos, and shoot down any Maelstrom Dragons and Inferno crafts, too! Dino Air Trackers, prepare to airlift units to the rooftop Teleport Pad for mass evacuation.""Darn it! I was shipping Vinyareno!""Mutant Dinos are inside the building! I repeat - Mutant Dinos are inside the building!""All our base are belong to them?""That's it. From now on, we're shooing out the clowns. If you want to make jokes or funny references, stop. Now is not the time. Use the comm chatter for serious communication now!""... Ah, you're no fun anymore!""I heard that! Who said that?"

Edited by PeabodySam

OOC: PeaSam, I knew well enough not to really expect anything; what I said was intended as a comment upon the fact that you deviated from the rough plan we had worked out, even though it wasn't a surprise as such. Of course, I never bothered to mention that I planned for Katerina to disown Ronald, so I suppose you had that up your sleeve the whole time, and we just out-bluffed each other simultaneously :sly:

Although, I have to say, your writing Dr. Rex for the previous scene was spot on. I especially liked the anecdote about their childhoods, as it excellently conveys Dr. Rex's inability to cope with loss, which provides the roots of his actions today.
Ha, thanks much. I read up on his wiki page before I sat down to write. I had actually intended to write a brief flashback portraying the incident Katerina described, but quickly realized that 1. there really wasn't enough substance to the idea for it to merit its own post, 2. I had already put this off long enough, and 3. everyone else would have immediately realized what I was planning :PIC: True to her word for once, Katerina relinquished control as soon as she'd finished her rant. Kat blinked in momentary surprise, and then came to her senses. Dr. Rex had just demolished a nearby parking garage, and there was a good chance he would turn back to her any second. She made a dash for the fire escape on the opposite side of the building and threw herself down the stairs. She was halfway down when Dr. Rex struck the building the first time, and the jolt almost threw her off. Spotting a drainpipe on the corner of the building, she hopped over the railing and began sliding down the pipe. When she was ten feet above the sidewalk, Dr. Rex struck again. The drainpipe broke loose, and she fell the rest of the way. She hit the street hard and rolled, than sprinted to an alley as Dr. Rex struck the building again and again."Fine job you did back there," she murmured crossly.I must admit it did not go as well as I had expected, Katerina responded. I had hoped to appeal to his sense of shame, but it seems there is even less of Ronald left than I thought."No 4+, sherlock," Kat said, checking the Sonic Screamer. Busted in the fall. No surprise. "Maybe you should've waited a while to disown him. I bet that would've gotten the effect you intended."

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC: Something interestingly ironic I just noticed about the direction I've gone. I'm going to put this in a spoiler tag as it contains a major spoiler from John Carpenter's Vampires. I don't know if any of you were ever planning to see it just to see Trigger's inspiration, but just in case I'm putting it in a spoiler.

The funny thing is that in this RPG, it was Trigger who was killed rather brutally while Montoya seems to survive. In the actual movie; it was the other way around. Jack Crow (James Woods' character, who was more or less the inspiration for Trigger's appearance) survives to the very end and continues hunting vampires. Meanwhile, Montoya's namesake (not quite as moral as the one in the RPG) is in the process of becoming a vampire, and it's implied he hasn't got much longer before his transformation is complete.

IC: The door to the garage swung open in sudden shock as Demoman staggered onto the catwalk, Firecracker close behind. "KA-BOOM!" Demoman shouted. Firecracker slowly put his finger over his lips and made a "shhh" noise, "We got to be quiet," Firecracker said sternly. "There's agents here, if anyone sees us setting up dynamite they'll confiscate all our explosives and throw us in that prison of their's. Now I have a back-up plan for if that does happen but it'd be far easier if it didn't."Demoman just muttered something incoherently. Firecracker removed yet another stick of dynamite and began to tape it to the end of the catwalk. He smiled, clearly really keen to just light that fuse and destroy the platform, but he knew better. Tying a rope, he walked down the stairs and attached another piece of dynamite to the railing, then continued down.However, as they reached the bottom of the stairs, Firecracker and Demoman ducked behind a couple of barrels, trying not to be seen by the the other agents present."Building is my middle name, after all!" one of the guys said. "Actually, it's my first and last name. Heh, I actually only just noticed that.""Good to see you, Bill Ding," replied another, who hopped out of a Fire Hammer and helped an older man step out. "Now, let's find Mary Rose and Sha - I mean, Gromtin before the Mutant Dinos do!"Slowly, Firecracker looked at the barrels. There was a logo on them, a WHMIS symbol, one which clearly showed an object breaking apart in a large blast. He smiled, reached into his coat, and pulled out another stick of dynamite, attaching the string to it."Whatever this stuff is," Firecracker muttered to himself as he wedged the dynamite in between two of the barrels, in order to keep it from being spotted immediately, "It easily explodes. Now we should also put some in the armory. That thing will be full of gunpowder, after all. Just got to wait for these guys to clear out."

OoC:I can honestly say that Trigger’s death was incredibly expected, especially since it was not at all part two of the four-part-plain that Atton Rand and I agreed on. I might need to go and post the original concept in the “What could have been category!” Regardless I’m certainly a fan of how it played out; it reminded me of Silas’s death at the end of the DaVinci code and it’s always fun when unnamed red shirts actually do something significant.I'll do a follow up to Pharisee later. The plain was to have some major development in the next few posts and some deeper aspects of his charater were to be adressed. I really don't know if I'll ever have time to post his backstory but the fact he shot Carrie will curtainly influnce his portrayal

The one possibility that came to mind, aside from this being a non-canon "What If?" scenario, is that this was a hallucination Trigger had in his final moments (a la LOST series finale).
What’s this? A reference to LOST? Do you mean to say that all the reference’s I’m made have not fallen of deaf ears! Oh joy!Did anyone else feel the Meaning of Life and the Hitchhicker’s Guide to the Galaxy during that afterlife sequence?iC:Considering the quantity of patents being rushed into the basement it was understandable that Dr. Pierce was incredibly flustered by the time Naomi found him. His white coat gushed behind him as he walked up and down the crowded and uneven rows of bed. Agents ran back and forth with varying levels of injuries and every so often the entire crowd had to step aside to make room for a gurney being pushed through the fray. Pierce stopped for a moment to subscribe a medication to an injured agent with acid burns on his upper body. The doctor only had time to check a few boxes on his clip board before he was forced to move on to a patent with higher priority.“Doctor!” called Naomi as she navigated the bodies pushing her in every direction. The room they were located in was technically a large storage room on the northern side of the base. It had high ceilings and thick walls but was not accommodated to such an influx of activity. Boxes of spare parts had been pushed aside for heart monitors and bags of blood.Blood was being used faster than it could be donated. Earlier Dr. Pierce had to donate his own to accommodate for the patents being rushed in. For the most part they were treating lacerations and bites with the occasional burn. The mutant Dinosaurs did not create clean wounds and as a result stitching and treatment was incredibly difficult.“How soon can you get Hertz to surgery?” called Naomi. “He’s been getting a lot of messages and he can’t hear! Shouldn’t he have priority because of his significance? He’s an elite agent after all.”Pierce whipped the sweat from his brow as he briefly stopped to speak to Naomi. He allowed himself a brief breath before responding. “My hospital does not prioritize agents based on rank Naomi, I work based on need. As much as I would like to help you there are other agents here who must take precedence. I cannot put one man’s suffering over another man’s life.”“Please Doctor!” begged Naomi. “Hertz’s ears are all he has. He feels helpless right now; there must be something you can do!”“I’m sorry Naomi.” Frowned Pierce as he continued down the cluttered row of cots, “I’m sorry about Hertz but I need to make difficult decisions right now. Anyway, based on his proximity to the blast his hearing damage is probably profound, Possibly 91 dB HL, his only hope could be a Cochlear implant. The surgery can range from 1 ½ to five hours and they take a considerable amount of sophisticated programing. They’re also expensive Naomi, I would need to be approved by the higher ups if I wanted to use one or Hertz would have to pay for it himself.”“But you could get one right?” inquired Naomi.Pierce shook his head. “Theoretically, but not now, I’m dealing with life and death matters now Naomi, you must understand that. Hertz is alright for the time being and if we’re still around when this is over we can talk then.” Pierce’s pager beeped he fumbled with the device before frowning. “Something just came in with multiple bites to the kidneys. I have to go.”Naomi nodded her head solemnly as Pierce’s white coat disappeared around the corner. She navigated her way back to the room Hertz was and found him sitting just as he was when she left. He was picking at some if his scabs absentmindedly and seemed to be making popping noises with his mouth. She could tell he was experimenting with sounds he could detect but the efforts were futile.She motioned to the scabs and shook her head. “Don’t pick your scabs Hertz.”The techy did not respond. He gave her a look of perplexity before discovering what he was doing and abruptly stopped. “ANY LUCK WITH PIERCE?” he asked sloppily. He could not clarify his diction and as a result many words came out blurred. It was strange how someone could speak their entire life and then forget the subtleties once they could no longer comprehend them.Naomi shook her head and held up the whiteboard.

No

The light drained from Hertz’s face and he put his head down glumly. Any hope that he possessed slipped away and his optimism drifted lower. Naomi walked over and held his hand before writing another short message.

Is there anything you need?

Hertz sighed. “THE AGENSTS OUTSIDE NEEDS AN UPDATE. GROMTIN CAN’T TAKE MY PLACE WITH THE COMMUNICATION ROOM BLOWN UP. CAN YOU SEND A MESSAGE TO LET THEM KNOW I’M ALL RIGHT?”Naomi nodded as she took Hert’z PDA and set the frequency to the elite agent channel.

“This is Nurse Carver, I’m calling to inform you that elite agent Hertz survived the attack on the south side of the base and is currently in medical bay. However Hertz is no longer capable of preforming his duties as radio operator due to injuries he received in the explosion. Because of the magnetite and volume of the blast Hertz is currently deaf and may remain that way for an unforeseen period of time. Well surgery is possible; Dr. Pierce would not be able to perform the procedure until after the action has calmed down. Hertz gives deep regrets that he can no longer be of survive at this time of need but at least we can be thankful he is alright. Good luck out there guys.”Solomon rubbed his temples in gloom before turning his attention back to his surroundings. Hertz was a good young man and he was eager to do the right thing. The philosopher could only imagine the dejection that the elite agent must be feeling. Hertz was someone who always needed to be doing something and being confined to the base without being able to contribute probably pained him greatly.Solomon stroked his white hair and once again placed his helmet back atop his head. Taking down Cyrista’s Bane had been difficult but it was not enough dissuade him from the rest of the battle. Well his shoulders still hurt he was growing accustomed to the throbbing sensations and he was evolving his fighting style to accommodate the hindered mobility.As a mutant lizard changed out of the rain Solomon raised his sword into a forward stance. When he fought in the Ninja conflict of ’98 his means of combat had been most similar to that of Kenjutsu. However the burden of his wounds meant he was forced to adjust closer to Kendo and he quickly send a swift downward chop upon the lizard. There was a snap and the scull of the lizard was soon separated from the spine. Solomon kicked the carcass and looked back at Nazerano and Zelda who appeared to be in an intimate moment. He hoped whatever they were discussing would finished soon so he would stop having to run the perimeter.He sliced down two more Lizards before calling back to his ninja allies. In the distance Cyrista’s Bane stalked across the battlefield accompanied by Doctor Cybrog and his team. Solomon was familiar with C’s B; he had often seen Dr. Cyrista working on the monstrosity in the lab. He was not confident in the supposed change of allegiances preformed by miscreation but he was sure in Dr. Cyrbog’s ability to lead.During his own time at XERRD Solomon had grown to like Dr. Cybrog. Unlike the other members of the origination (himself included) he had not allowed the evil to change him. Cyborg had ethics and a great deal of common sense. He was a kind young man but Solomon figured he could use guidance once he took over the origination. The philosopher hoped he could provide support when the time came and offer the guidance he had learned as a scholar. He had no interest in being a leader or a warrior anymore, he just wanted to use what skills he had to answer the truly difficult questions.Zelda and Nazerano were still conversing as he chopped down more lizards making an advance. When confronted by enemies that were physically superior remaining stalwart was unwise. He hoped to get out of the center of the action and two a vehicle before they were overwhelmed."Attention All Agents! This is Elite Agent Semick!” Beeped his radio “ I have just come off a meeting with current XERRD leader Blade Darkling! He has agreed to a truce between XERRD and the DIno Attack Team! I repeat, XERRD has made a truce with DIno Attack Team!All agents are to stop confronting XERRD forces with hostility, unless they are seen supporting Mutant Dino forces! Also, please note that the forces under Dr. Inferno and the witches from Castle Cove are hostiles to all, having disbanded alliances from XERRD due to their agendas! Continue attacking them! That is all"For the first time since the battle began Solomon smiled. It seemed XERRD could see reason. Once Doctor Cybrog took control the origination could become what it had always meant to be. It would be a haven for knowledge and free thinking. There was certainly hope foe XERRD yet.

“On the fifth day of Christmas my true love gave to me fiiiiiiiiii….”“Hay guys I forgot! How could be forget that?”“..iivvve goooolllll…”“Well it’s understandable that one would forget the subtleties of the seasons. Considering that Dinosaurs are reptiles there is rarely an association between then and the holiday season. This is because Dinosaurs are warm-blooded or “Ectothermic” and receive there heat from outside sources. This is off course impossible during the colder season. Seeing Dinosours creates dissociation in our brains.”“Actually I was leaning more toward the fact that we just spent a deployment on a tropical island.”“That makes sense too.”“lllddd Riiiiiiii.”“I like to open my mouth a catch the rain drops on my tongue.”“What ever happened to that guy?”“What guy?”“You know that guy from that show?”“iiiiiinnnngggggs!”“Do you mean the one who did that thing? Anyway I just heard Willa the Witch had a disagreement with Darkling.”“How do we learn these things? It’s like we’re experiencing this whole battle in third person!”“Ba dump dum dum!”OoC:I hope you don’t mind having Solomon hanging out with Nazerano and Zelda brickman but I’d like to have at least one of my character’s interact with someone other than Atton (no offence). He’ll probably just tail around and help you out in whatever you need.I should take this moment to state that I find a master-apprentice relationship to be slightly inappropriate. Because of a master’s power and a student’s respect I can foresee opportunities of the apprentice being taken advantage of. (Not that Nazerano would do that) regardless it might create an interesting dynamic if it were adressed

That is all