Dino Attack: At War's End

PeabodySam

OOC: Or how about a meeting between Naomi Carver, Noomi Shaw, and Naomi Hale?

OOC: I see. I guess I just assumed someone came in and took the body.
OOC: When Rex was in the middle of grieving, Dr. Glados was in the middle of shooting him, and a Mutant Lizard was in the middle of pouncing on them.That would make for a morbidly funny comic, I will admit.
Darn, now I'm tempted to make a comic or something like that... I imagine the guy from Monty Python and the Holy Grail passing by in the middle of all the action, shouting "Bring out your dead!", piling Amanda onto the cart, and moving on, leaving behind Rex, Glados, and the Mutant Lizards, all very confused. Seeing as Glados is involved, it could potentially work as a "XERRD: For Science!" strip...But no such humor allowed here in the canon. Not now. Not the time, not the place.
I'll have a short Pharisee/full Solomon post next. Over the last few months I've been brainstorming a loose sequel to the rpg based around the 2012 Dino theme. I've developed a plot I'm pretty existed about and created a villain I truly like. Unlike the extravagant plain of world domination it's more down to earth and has a very real quality about it. My next iC will contain some hints and I intent to post a full teaser sometime this mouth.
Interestingly enough, unlike Dino Attack/2010, Dino 2012 does have enough of a storyline that it does explain the backstory. Commander Hypaxxus-8, the main villain of the Alien Conquest line, unleashed the dinosaurs in a jungle bordering a major city as part of his evil plan to (OF COURSE!) take over the world. Optional villains include a Golden King from the Atlantis line, who was abducted by the aliens and mind-controlled by a Clinger, and Pharaoh Amset-Ra from the Pharaoh's Quest line, who was rescued from the Scorpion Pyramid by the aliens some time after the events of Pharaoh's Quest, both of whom were seen with Hypaxxus-8 as he unleashed the dinosaurs. Not exactly a "realistic" crew of antagonists, eh?Of course, given that all we know is that Hypaxxus-8 unleashed the dinosaurs, we don't know the full backstory behind the dinosaurs themselves, which could potentially lead to the more "realistic" antagonist idea that you have.IC: Rex was lost and alone in his grief, and only vaguely aware of his surroundings as the Mutant Lizards gathered and Michelle Glados prepared to execute him. None of it mattered to him. None of it. But even in his grief-ridden state, Rex noticed a strange peculiarity about his situation.Normally, when everything went black, that was an indication that he had fallen unconscious. In a few hours, he'd come to his senses once again, usually finding himself in Dino Attack Headquarters' hospital wing. But now, as the world turned to darkness, Rex could not help but notice that he was still very conscious. He could still hear, smell, feel, and taste the world around him, even if all he could see was blackness. When Rex realized this, he figured out that he was not unconscious, but actually blinded, as though someone had put a blindfold over his eyes.Puzzled, Rex allowed himself to focus on something other than the body of Amanda in his arms. He heard the growling, snarling, and hissing of Mutant Lizards, and recognized their tone as it shifted from merely hungry to actually angry. There was a Mutant Lizard, very close by, which growled in a territorial, almost defensive, tone. Rex heard the sounds of movement and the snapping of jaws, followed by the pained screech of a wounded Mutant Lizard. Another Mutant Lizard snarled, and again came the sound of biting and snapping. The territorial Mutant Lizard hissed as the other Mutant Lizard screeched and, apparently, retreated.Sickened, Rex thought, They're fighting over fresh meat. They want her. Clutching Amanda's body against his chest, Rex shouted: "Get away! Back off! You can't have her!"Suddenly, Rex's vision returned to him. He was still sitting amongst the ruins of the wrecked Iron Predator, cradling Amanda's body in his arms. Michelle Glados still stood behind him, pointing her high-tech gun in Rex's direction, but she no longer seemed interested in him. Then, Rex looked up and was surprised to see a Mutant Lizard standing over him, which he realized must have been the territorial-sounding lizard that he heard.The Mutant Lizard stood in a defensive crouch over Rex and Amanda, as though shielding their bodies with its own. Upon seeing the black scales that covered the Mutant Lizard's hide, Rex realized why he temporarily lost his sight: it was due to the Mutant Lizard's darkness powers. Although it occasionally glanced at the other Mutant Lizards circled around the Iron Predator ruins to keep them in check, snarling at any of them if they moved a muscle, the Mutant Lizard's eyes were mostly fixed upon Michelle Glados, baring its teeth at the XERRD scientist.It all felt so familiar."What are you doing?" frowned Dr. Glados. "You're just a mindless Mutant Lizard. You're supposed to follow XERRD's orders, and while I may never have been as adept at controlling the Maelstrom as Dr. Rex or Dr. Bishop, as XERRD's de facto leader, I order you to back down. Stop whatever it is you think you're doing, because this isn't helping anyone."Another Mutant Lizard with acid dripping from its jaws took a step towards the darkness-breed Mutant Lizard. The darkness Mutant Lizard responded by biting and clawing at the acid-spitting Mutant Lizard until it retreated. Then, the Mutant Lizard resumed its defensive pose over Rex, continuing to glare at Dr. Glados with a defiant look in its eyes. It was not about to give up Rex and Amanda so easily."Alright, then," muttered Glados. "If it's going to be that way, then you're going to be the immediate past president of the 'being alive' club." As she raised her high-tech gun to fire, the darkness Mutant Lizard lunged at her, knocking the scientist to the ground. Snarling, it snapped its jaws at her, who only managed to keep it within inches of biting her face off.Rex watched as Dr. Glados and the Mutant Lizard wrestled each other, rolling over on the wet pavement. He was surprised that the Mutant Lizard was so intent upon defending him from Glados, and there was definitely something familiar about the creature, but in his grief-ridden state, he could not think properly. He could do nothing but watch as Dr. Glados finally succeeded in kicking the Mutant Lizard off of herself. As the Mutant Lizard jumped back to its feet, Glados pulled the trigger, and the sound of a gunshot rang through Rex's ears once again, already forcibly recalling the memories of Amanda's death.The Mutant Lizard stumbled and fell, lying on the rubble next to Rex. Breathing heavily, the Mutant Lizard tried to rise but could not find the strength. It looked up at Rex and whined softly, and Rex could feel the creature's pain as it suffered from defeat.At that moment, it all became clear. "... T-Trouble?" stammered Rex.The darkness-breed Mutant Lizard nodded slowly.Brushing the dirt off of her Space Marauder gear, Dr. Michelle Glados stood to her feet and gritted her teeth. When she spoke, she began speaking in her usual monotonous voice, but she slowly broke character as her voice gradually became angrier and angrier. "Between your girlfriend and your pet, there's always someone there to save you. I have an infinite capacity for knowledge, and not even I know what circumstances keep you alive, Rex. What's your point anyway? Survival? It's all a pointless struggle, you know. I'm still in control, and you have no idea how to stop me. And now you're all going to pay the price, because you're all going to die. That's it. I'm done reasoning with you. I'm going to kill you, and all that you hold dearly is gone. Starting now, there's going to be a lot less conversation and a lot more killing."As though on cue, the Mutant Lizards surrounding Rex, Amanda, and Trouble came closer, saliva dripping from their maws. Trouble raised his tail in a vain effort to ward them off, while Rex clutched Amanda a little closer to his chest.Suddenly, some of the Mutant Lizards looked to the sky and screeched a warning. Rex looked upward and saw a group of T-1 Typhoons, as well as what appeared to be a flying Iron Predator, descending upon Playwell Avenue. The Mutant Lizards scattered and retreated.Michelle Glados's features twisted into a scowl. "I hate you all so much." With that, she raised her high-tech pistol, determined to kill Rex before the T-1 Typhoons could lower a winch and cable in time.Summoning his remaining strength, Trouble slowly rose to his feet. He pulled back his lip, baring his teeth, and snarled viciously at Dr. Glados."What?" snapped Glados. "Are you still alive? You are joking! You have got to be kidding me!"Trouble took a step froward. Glados fired her gun at Trouble, who stumbled but remained on his feet. Trouble growled and intently took another step towards Glados. The XERRD scientist took a step back, firing again.But Trouble was a free Mutant Lizard. He was masterless. He was no slave to the Maelstrom or to XERRD. After seeing so many of his kin fall into madness, Trouble knew that he was free thanks to Rex. Trouble was far more fiercely loyal to Rex than any enslaved Mutant Lizard could possibly be to the Maelstrom. And now that Rex had come back to LEGO City, Trouble had came back to rescue Rex, and was so determined to protect his friend that he would fight off Death himself...... because Trouble was a free Mutant Lizard.As Michelle Glados realized that Trouble's tenacity was far too great, she stepped back and put away her high-tech gun. She pointed her teleportation device at the ground and pulled the trigger, to whisk her away to a safe location in a flash of blue light. Instead, fate chose that moment to make the hastily-reconstructed replacement for the original device fried by Pterisa malfunction. Cold fear washed over Glados as she tried again and again to teleport to safety, but the malfunctioning device would not work.Trouble screeched and pounced upon Michelle Glados. Before she even hit the wet pavement of the road, the Mutant Lizard had closed its jaws upon the XERRD scientist's neck, ending her life instantly. Then, with his dying breaths, Trouble turned around and locked eyes with Rex, and Rex could have sworn that its expression was identical to the smile that Amanda had just before she died.Trouble's legs buckled, and he collapsed atop Glados's body, but he passed away peacefully with the knowledge that he died as a free Mutant Lizard.Rex's mouth was dry, and his cheeks were wet, but not from the pouring rain. At last, one of the T-1 Typhoons managed to lower a winch and cable, and a couple of Dino Attack agents climbed down to help Rex up. They reached for Amanda, and Rex pulled her away, screaming, "Don't touch her!" A few seconds later, he repeated the words in a whisper, and began to weep again, mourning the deaths of King Joseph Race, Amanda "Claw" Alexander, and now Trouble.When they brought Rex on board and laid Amanda's body out on a stretcher, all Rex could do was stare emptily into space. He did not respond to anyone talking to him. It was though he had finally become shell-shocked. Eventually, his rescuers stopped trying and decided it was best to give him time, leaving Rex alone in his perpetual Thousand Yard Stare of grief.Alone.OOC: At long last, the long-awaited return of an apparently popular character. And yes. For those of you who are curious, his Back For The Dead moment was planned a long time ago, probably from the moment that I realized that he had disappeared without a mention for quite a while. That is why I openly refused to bring him back, in order to make this moment seem even more powerful.Wow. I can't wait for Brikman McStudz and Jackson Lake to return from their trips tomorrow, just to see their reactions to what a terrible tragedy occurred during their absence.Also, the line "It all felt so familiar" was a reference to the scene with illusion!Kotua, illusion!Amanda, and Stranger's Mutant Lizard in the Maelstrom Temple. Considering that this was planned in advance but that was written by the seat of our pants, Andrewnuva, I must say that the foreshadowing in that worked beautifully, more than I could have possibly imagined, and I didn't even think about it until I was actually writing this.By the way, I do have a plan in mind for how the evacuation of Dino Attack Headquarters can work; in case such a thing were needed, I did actually set a little something up in advance. I'll post it tomorrow. Edited by PeabodySam

OOC: Can't say I liked how that ended, PeabodySam, but I did expect it, and that was a surefire of an awesome way for Trouble to go. But man, you are just wanting to torture Rex right now, aren't you?IC: Stranger headed back through the halls of Dino Attack headquarters, now in the middle of a major frenzy.Hertz's orders to prepare HQ for evacuation or large-scale assults was putting the remaining agents in a hurry to get things done. The medical staff was preparing to bunker in the basement area, lab lackeys were hurrying to save and put to use their most recent developments. Various others were simply trying to send messages or reach the hanger to take one of the few remaining vehiclesStranger himself realized that he would need to change his stragedy. With HQ a bigger risk due to the Maelstrom Mummy Monster that had been Dr. Rex, he would need to start moving out if he hoped to have a better shot at things. So he was going to need some help.Despite massive amounts of people pushing and shoving him aside throughout the halls, he finally reached his destination: the Mutant Dino pens. There was only one agent at the desk just past the door into the room, and she was busy trying to gather several files into a backpack."Can I get my friend out here?" He asked the agent. She looked up, a bit startled at his appearance."I-I'm a bit busy making sure our files on the Dinos are okay," she said. "Given the circumstances, we've decided we need to start letting them go into the city as soon as possible, and we're still trying to tag them all so they might be identified later.""I won't need anything of the sort for the Lizard I brought by. Can you let me get him?""Ah, sure, just hold on..." She opened a cabinet within the desk and grabbed a large-size key. "Here's a spare of our master key for the locks. Your lizard friend is in cell #2-B. Just make sure to return that, okay?""Thank you," said Stranger, taking the key and heading into the room. After a few minutes of searching, he managed to find the cell with that number attached to it. Within it, the Mutant Lizard he had somehow formed a bond with was standing restlessly, observing its surroundings in concern. When it had spotted Stranger, it smirked and moved towards the door."Yep, buddy," Stranger said as he put the key into the cell door's lock. "We're getting out of here and fighting up close. And I'll be the first to say that we're doing so in a particularly idiotic-yet-impressive manner..."---------- In the wake of the bombing of the area of the temporary broadcast area in Dino Attack HQ, Semick was busy not only to keep his T-1 defended, but trying to work with his fellow agents to try and sort out the temporary disarray they were in with their communications."Until we get any word on Hertz's status after that blast," Semick was saying across the Elite-only comn network, "We'll have to rely on ourselves to get a good understanding of what's going on. Can we handle that?""Atop of everything else?" Reptile remarked, still in the midsts of trying to direct HQ cover after the recent attack by the Inferno forces moving in from the river. "Going to be hard, but admittedly not impossible.""Cabin and I are trying to direct the IP and front lines as well," said Rotor, "due to our recent Elite losses. But I think we can handle the extra workload."Just then, Dr. Cyborg came in from the team of ships sent out to check out Rex's situation. "Just came back from Rex's SOS." His voice sounded a bit shaken. "News is..."Semick knew where this was going. "How many are dead?""Claw and Adventure. Both their vehicles are wrecked too." The line was silent on all counts for a few seconds. Semick rubbed his forehead in a combination of frustration and sadness. "Though there is a silver lining: Dr. Glados has been killed too. By one of the Mutant Lizards, in fact."Semick couldn't help but smirk slightly at the irony of the death. "Well, with her gone, this should be a bit easier. Assuming that she was in charge after Dr. Rex fell, whoever's leading now might be a bit more willing to try and work with us.""We can only hope," said Hotwire."Indeed. And remember that we can't let Claw and Adventurer's deaths be in vain. No matter who we lose, we have to keep fighting. The world is depending on our victory, after all. Let Rex know that when he has a moment, I want to talk to him about this."------------"Great Scott! I've never seen such a Stromling before!""Hit it hard enough and it has to go down! Nothing is invincible!""If only there was an Office Max nearby!""They're evacuating HQ? But my iPhone is still in there!""I sure wouldn't want to be inside HQ right now.""I'm sorry, guys, I'm pulling out! You are left for dead!""Much to learn, you lizards still have.""Are we up to three Elites down now?""Rex is down!"

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

IC: "Rex is down?" Cabin muttered as she heard the broadcast. "Who does that leave?""You and me," replied Rotor. "Reptile, Semick, and maybe one or two others. We still got a few of our boys in the air though. Mac, you copy?""Loud and clear," replied Mac's voice on the other end of the radio."We got an army of mutant dinosaurs to fight off," replied Rotor. "I say we split up. Mac, you focus on the dinosaurs. Cabin, you listen out for any more distress calls and help out wherever you're needed. The rest of you are with me. We're going to take out this giant son of a 4+ if it takes the life of every dang man, woman, and child in this unit!"OOC: Feel free to interact with any of the pilots. I don't really have much for them to be doing right now.

IC:It had taken quite a lot of arm-wrangling to get the agents in command of the Green Goo tanks to relinquish operational control to Reptile, but he had done so.Now, as he frantically attempted to coordinate the ever-shrinking number of T-1 Typhoons in an aerial last stand around HQ, he was busy trying to think of a delivery method for a couple hundred gallons of Green Goo to the enemy.After a few failed concepts, he thought he had an idea.When he had discovered the effects of Green Goo on Mutant Dinos, and brought it to Specs and the rest, they had constructed a Green Goo tank facility near the hangar bay. Some pumps and piping and other equipment had been assembled, and hooked up to the then empty-tanks. The idea was, presumably, to be able to refuel vehicle mounted goo launchers as easily as they could refuel actual fuel tanks.But once the Goo Caverns had exploded and the supply of goo coming in from Ogel had been reduced to a trickle, Specs had placed a moratorium on the use of goo in vehicles. Only a handful of agents had been cleared to use it.Specs had just agreed to pull out all the stops and authorized the use of goo in the battle. But it was probably too late- there was no way they could refuel an army of vehicles already in the field. The few that were still in the hangar would not be able to do nearly enough damage to the enemy.But... if they overloaded and pressurized all the pumps, they could probably drown anything in the main hangar with enough green goo to turn a city into Mutant Drones.Unfortunately, hat would mean abandoning the main hangar, and it would waste most of their supplies of goo. Still, if things were desperate enough, if they allowed the hangar to fall into enemy hands and sealed it off, it could work."I have an idea," Reptile said over the elite comm network, "for how we can stop them when they hit HQ. But I don't think you're going to like it...""What is it?" asked Semick.He briefly outlined the plan. "When they hit Headquarters, we let them in as far as the hangar, and then drown them in Goo by overloading the fueling system. It'll deplete most of our supply, but if we do it right we'll knock out a sizable chunk of the enemy and buy us some more time."There was silence for a few minutes."That sounds pretty desperate," another Elite Agent who Reptile didn't know said, "We'll lose the main hangar, and probably won't be able to retake it afterwards.""I know," Reptile replied. "But if they get as far as the hangar, we are going to be very desperate. If you can think of a better way to deliver a couple hundred gallons of Green Goo to the enemy that's better.. but if not, we need to do something. And this is the best I could come up with."OOC: Not sure quite how well this fits into things, but there was a reason I asked about Green Goo before. It's open for other people's characters to discuss.

current_events_sigbanner.png

IC: "I don't like it much," Rotor said. "But at this point I don't think we have many other options. Reptile, if it becomes neccessary I suggest you do it.""Why don't you just try talking to an artificially intelligent bomb," replied Mac over the radio. "There's probably one or two in the basement somewhere, provided you teach it basic rationalism first."

Carver and Shaw could not help coughing as they worked their way through the lounge, which was filled with thick smoke."What happened here?" Shaw asked. Caver didn't have an answer."There's broken technology," Shaw said. "Radios and things. I don't know."Carver seemed to show a particular look of concern."What's wrong?" Shaw asked. Carver didn't respond. She didn't bother persisting. "We should split up. We'll each take one of the next rooms over and search them for anyone. If you find someone, you just call me, okay?"Carver nodded, nervously.

Edited by Atton Rand

OOC: BTW, a late remark:

OOC: Interestingly enough, unlike Dino Attack/2010, Dino 2012 does have enough of a storyline that it does explain the backstory. Commander Hypaxxus-8, the main villain of the Alien Conquest line, unleashed the dinosaurs in a jungle bordering a major city as part of his evil plan to (OF COURSE!) take over the world. Optional villains include a Golden King from the Atlantis line, who was abducted by the aliens and mind-controlled by a Clinger, and Pharaoh Amset-Ra from the Pharaoh's Quest line, who was rescued from the Scorpion Pyramid by the aliens some time after the events of Pharaoh's Quest, both of whom were seen with Hypaxxus-8 as he unleashed the dinosaurs. Not exactly a "realistic" crew of antagonists, eh?Of course, given that all we know is that Hypaxxus-8 unleashed the dinosaurs, we don't know the full backstory behind the dinosaurs themselves, which could potentially lead to the more "realistic" antagonist idea that you have.
I know we haven't always agreed on what LEGO material we deem strictly canon or not before, and this would be one of those occasions. However, I will point out the the game on LEGO's Website for DIno 2012, Dino Outbreak, seems to say that that the dinosaurs were unleashed by some guy opening up some kind of ancient portal/jail/whatever at an old temple. Personally, I found that more fitting to the Dino 2012 theme rather than a tangential connection drawn with last year's LEGO Villains in a measure meant only to find a way to tease the new LEGO theme in the year-end wrap-up comic. But that's just me.IC: "The main problem I can see with your plan, Reptile," Semick said in response to what his fellow Elite Agent was saying, "is that I don't think the Mutant DInos are the main problem right now. Our forces are holding them back, and it'll still take some time for them to reach HQ, though I admit some of the lines of defense are starting to falter...""Exactly. They could be on our doorstep whenever they do one big push.""But still, there's an even bigger problem here: I don't think Maelstrom has any weakness to Green Goo, so if the... thing that was Dr. Rex tries to hit our base head-on, frankly, we don't stand a chance at stopping it unless we outline a plan to take down a giant Maelstrom-infused Mutant T-Rex in nigh-invulnerable armor within the next few minutes."Andrew crackled into the Elite comn signal. "*ktzzz* pulling back to surround HQ again. But we're leaving some scouts near the river in the Steel Sprinters to monitor the forces crossing it. Observer's been noting a couple of boats crossing, and we're hoping that maybe some of them will contain XERRD scientists we could capture.""And there's a chance Zach might show up around there," said Fabello. "I have a good feeling that whoever took him brought him in that direction.""Sounds like a decent plan," said Semick. "If you do get some XERRD scientists, maybe we can actually convince them to help us, because now that Dr. Glados is dead, they might be in a bit of disarray as they try to figure out a leader.""But isn't Dr. Gonapus still somewhere out here?" asked Hotwire."Haven't seen him in a while," said Dr. Cyborg, "though obviously I've been preoccupied. I think he got downed by some sniper with a laser rifle, but I haven't found a body.""Keep on alert, and keep working on that cyborg T-Rex issue," said Semick. "I hope that power-plant idea of yours works.""It has a name, you know.""I'll learn it later."Semick focused for a few moments on the current field status. The Maelstrom Dr. Rex hadn't returned yet to the battle area, so the forces were mostly occupying themselves with the Mutant DInos moving in from the city and river, along with the Cyborg T-Rex currently being held back by Dr. Cyborg's men and the IP defense line. Andrew and Hotwire (with B's help) were working on directing most of the forces focused on the river to create a more stable front line behind HQ. Reptile had lost several T-1s, and was trying his best to keep his PLARXX shield formation together. The ADO forces were focused on helping Rotor and Cabin cover the overall front lines and help organize the IPs in Rex's absence. Semick himself was currently hovering close to HQ, trying to fend off an Inferno helicopter that was trying to snipe out agents through the HQ windows.Things were really starting to get rough, but currently they were holding together. He was getting anxious. When that Maelstrom Dr. Rex reached them, things were certain to get really chaotic, real fast. HQ was in the midst of evacuation, but the fighters were still directed around a stragedy of defending the building. And Semick realized then that if HQ did fall, it would be hard even for him to be able to reorganize the team while trying to defend himself and his men.With Attack and Defend focusing on taking the Inferno chopper while he simply flew, Semick was able to think harder about the situation. For the first time in a while, he realized he was uncertain about the outcome of the battle. Most of their vehicles would have trouble taking on large-scale Stromlings, he knew that from his experience from the Ape Zach had commanded at Hotep III's temple. Combined with Dr. Rex's weakened-yet-somewhat-sharp mind and Silge armor, they were going to have a very hard time trying to defeat it. He wouldn't likely respond to lures, and holding him back took a lot of extra effort.He thought back to the reports on Adventurers Island. What he had been told was this: The Maelstrom had been stopped thanks to a globe of "pure Imagination" that had been empowered by the creative thinking of several agents, along with the heroic sacrifice of Frank Einstein.A thought came to him. A thought that chilled him to think of, and that he very much was personally against.He shrugged it off. Whether or not that would be necessary, there was still a major problem with the idea: as far as he knew, Dino Attack had no samples of pure imagination. That was stuff Nexus Force dealt with, not an earthbound organization like theirs.Still, there was always surprises and opportunities emerging in this battle. Perhaps if the lab agents had something in mind just for this occasion, perhaps if XERRD made that truce with them and offered their help, that time would come. Until then, Semick had to keep his T-1 flying in the midst of their firefight with the Inferno craft, and think of how else he could use imagination to his advantage. And there was only one person he knew could help him with that.--------------"Uh, what should we be aiming our Cryothermic Cannons at?""Anything that gets close, shoot it!""Maelstrom, schmaelstrom. If it's gone down before, it can go down again.""If it bleeds, we can kill it.""I hate Mutant Dinos.""Where the Znap is Alpha Team?!""They'll get here when they get here!""Nobody's dying in vain today! The Dino Attack's gonna end today if its the last thing we do!" Edited by Andrewnuva199

OOC: I'm back and...oh.Oh....Things have taken a nasty turn, haven't they? Rex went from high (getting married, defeating Dr. Rex) to low (Dr. Rex getting back up, Adventure and Claw dying, Trouble returning and dying) rather quick-like. Almost like Mood Whiplash. I did like the allusion to Dobby. The only bright spot. Now that Amanda's dead....things seem different now. Now that she's dead.And I've safely moved Michelle Glados to the "Complete Monster" area. Rather intent on getting everybody killed. You know...for science!Speaking of science, be prepared for some faulty science. Probably. Maybe. Because Rule of Drama and Rule of Cool outweighs science. Always. Especially in fiction. Not so much in nonfiction. Maybe. Probably. I don't know.IC:The first thing she felt as she came to was pain. Ghostly pain, as it subsided rather quickly. Only an annoying sting now, for the most part.Holly Vinyaya opened her eyes. Or perhaps, just an eye, as her center of vision leaned toward the left. She sat up slowly. Her hair was down and draped over her shoulders and she was only in her Zero suit, her Space Police armor laid to the side of her bed.She looked around. She was in the hospital wing, where medics seemed to be rushing around at a frantic pace. A nurse next to Vinyaya's bed looked at the commander and gasped in surprise. "Oh, you're awake!" she said, standing up."Indeed," Vinyaya grumbled. She put a hand on the right side of her face. She winced as she felt bandages and a slight sting. Then what happened to her came rushing back to her, which made her slightly woozy.""Carver!" a man yelled. "I'll take care of her." Carver nodded and went to help another patient. Vinyaya turned her head and saw Doctor Marco Martinet standing at the edge of her bed. His hair and mustache were matted with sweat and his white coat stained with blood and dirt. A strap rested across his coat with grenades painted blue-and-yellow, blue-and-red, and yellow-and-red."Pills," Vinyaya mumbled, still slightly dazed.Martinet glanced down at his torso, then smirked. "You gotta that right. Glad to see you can still-a see with one eye. Let's them-a know that I'm not-a medic to mess-a around with, eh?"Vinyaya blinked once. "You're a combat medic. I forgot.""That's-a right!" Martinet said. "I've been going back and forth, picking up the wounded and bringing them-a here. I've been cleaning up any minor wounds on the field and-" he gestured to the grenades and the larger hammer hanging from his belt, stained with blood as well. "Taking out any Mutant Dinos that cross my path.""What's going on outside," Vinyaya asked, sliding out the bed unstably.Martinet rolled his eyes. "Eager to get back out there, I see. Well, we-a took down Dr. Rex and then he got back up with that-a Darkitect's help. He's invincible, as far as we can tell. The good news is that we-a just took down Michelle Glados, the de facto leader of XERRD after Dr. Rex went nuts. Now they have-a no leadership and Semick's offered them a chance to join us.""Any takers?""I'm not-a sure." Vinyaya touched her bandage again. "You can take that off. I was-a told everything was cleared up. But it won't-a be pretty."Vinyaya nodded grimly and moved toward past her bed and found a mirror. She grimaced at the sight of the bandage covering up much of the right side of her face. Bracing herself for the worst, she, with the help of Dr. Martinet, pulled the bandage off.Two scars of pale a pale-pink color ran down her face. One was on the far side, running from her forehead to the lower part of her cheek. The other scar ran right from her forehead, through her eye, and ended near her lips.Except that her eye wasn't there. It was gone. "I..." Vinyaya wasn't sure what to think."It was a hazard to keep in it in your head," Martinet explained. He scratched the back of his head uncomfortably. "I'm sorry."Vinyaya felt a tear slide out of her left eye. Not the right. The tear ducts were probably destroyed there. She had spent years with the Space Police without gaining any massive wounds and it was only when she joined the Dino Attack Team is when she is beaten within an inch of her life, is scarred horribly on half of her face, and loses an eye. She laughed bitterly at this realization, causing Martinet to give her a confused look."Now, plastic surgery can easily repair that side of your face," Martinet began. "If that-a ninja guy Nazzero was here, he might-a be able to construct a replacement eye. However, he's gone and he only made a surplus of limb replacements. So until this battle is over-""I'm stuck like this," Vinyaya finished. She stared at her reflection intently. She never had really considered herself attractive, primarily because she never particularly cared whether she was desirable or not. She could probably live without plastic surgery. The eye though...The lack of a right eye would definitely hinder her. Aiming a weapon in her right hand came to mind. Fortunately, she could shoot with her left hand well enough that this didn't bother too much. But her center of vision was still focused on the left. And the fact the lack of an eye wasn't very flattering. Then again, I'm not really here to look good. I'm here to save this planet. She wasn't trying to attract anyone. Not after what happened with Scratch. I suppose that's another difference between the Space Police and the Dino Attack. I managed to keep my emotions in check in space and down here... This war had broken her in more ways than she would like to admit."Well, if that's it," Vinyaya said. "I'm heading back out.""What?!" Martinet exclaimed. Vinyaya walked back to her bedside, picked up a hair tie and began to tie her hair back into a ponytail. "You are missing an eye-""Good thing I have a spare, huh?""-those wounds are still fresh! They'll-""I'll take painkillers with me.""What about-"Vinyaya finished tying her ponytail and put a hand to Martinet's mouth. "I understand the risks. I also understand that this planet is on the brink of destruction and needs all the help it can get and I am more than willing to put my life on the line to make that happen. Besides, if I can go into the Maelstrom Temple after taking a beating, I can continue this fight without an eye. And I want to personally thank those Mutant Dinos for making me lose an eye."Martinet scowled and rolled his eyes, but nodded in defeat. "Fine." He reached into his pockets and pulled out a black patch and extended it toward Vinyaya. "Take this."Vinyaya crossed her arms. "Why? And where did you even get that?""Protect that little hole on your hand. And because it looks cool." Vinyaya could see a sad look wash over Martinet. "As for where I got it. It was from a melee. Nay, a brawl. A couple of friends and I were taking back a city from four corrupt mob dons, a cult, and a cannibal. I lost a lot of friends that day, including..." Martinet seemed chocked up, not wanting to remember what happened. "Including a flame of mine. The eyepatch is from a friend who perished in the fight."Vinyaya blinked and slowly accepted the eyepatch. "I'm sorry.""Don't be, eh?" Martinet wiped the sweat from his brow. "Things...things weren't-a working out anyway. Always getting kidnapped or taken or something. And besides, that brawl was what inspired me to become a doctor. And I've managed to find a new girl while working in Antarctica after those-a riots. Shy, quiet girl before I met her. Likes space. And motorcycles, curiously. We've really hit it off. I'm hoping to make it back to her."Vinyaya smiled faintly. "Just keep up the good work, and you'll make it back." She put the eyepatch over the right side of her face and quickly put on her armor."While I'm-a somewhat confident in your abilities, even while handicapped," Martinet muttered. "I'm not sure some of the other doctors will agree. And with an evacuation underway, they'll want to get you out of her. So just stay close to me for a bit, m'kay?" Vinyaya nodded and followed Martinet out of the hospital wing and quickly found herself in the garage."Do you have a radio with you?" Martinet asked. Vinyaya checked the radio she was using earlier. A little beat up but still functional. "Good." Martinet moved toward a Fire Hammer that had been outfitted as an ambulance. Beside it was an actual ambulance where two identical-looking medics were preparing to head back into the battle. "Good luck," Martinet said grimly.Vinyaya nodded her thanks and moved toward unoccupied Urban Avenger with a Cosmotronic Ray on its roll-cage. She quickly started up the engine and rolled out of the garage and into the battlefield determined to exact her revenge on the Mutant Dinos.

OOC:I have a feeling that Vinyaya's eye will be a different color from her natural one. I also have a feeling there are references to different Super Smash Bros. characters in there, I just can't find them all.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

IC: "What in megablockland's name is going on over there?" Copper asked, just as he and Pierce were ready to get to work."That doctor's helping a patient," replied Pierce."She don't look like she's fit for duty," replied Copper.It was at that moment that Pierce realized who he was talking to. The patient that Shaw was looking after, the one he left in the care of Carver. "Do you know that man?" Pierce asked, pointing toward the doctor."No," replied Copper. "There's a few of us though, they did send in a few extras.""Like Shaw," replied Pierce. Quickly, Pierce rushed toward the patient and tried to grab her. As she tried to resist, he struggled to lock his arms behind her back."I'm sorry," Pierce said. "I can't let you walk out on there. Not in this condition."Copper was quickly approaching the mustached doctor who released her. "Listen, you got a name?""Martinet," replied the Doctor. "Marco Martinet.""Well Dr. Martinet," replied Copper. "Would you mind telling me why in megablockland's name you're releasing a patient who's clearly not fit?""COPPER, GET ME A SEDATIVE!" Pierce shouted. Copper quickly ran over to the first table he could find and grabbed a syringe. He placed it in the appropriate liquid, and started to approach.OOC: I hate to inturrupt your exciting story, but Pierce really doesn't seem like the type to let a badly hurt patient walk away so easily, especially into a battlefield where she could easily get killed. Besides, it's about time Martinet met the other doctors.I'll probably make a Trigger post soon once That Guy replies. I would write a Shaw/Carver post but I'm not sure what he has planned for Hertz, so I don't know if he wants to have Carver meet with her just yet, I'll have to wait and see what he writes in his next post. Also coming soon, more shenanigans ensue when the Third Headquarters Squad returns to base, and I think I might finally get my chance for Sarah Bishop's crowning moment of awesome.

OoC:Well I don’t get Lego magazine any more. I imagine that’s where your getting this story for the 2012 Dino theme. The plot I developed does involve an extraterrestrial force and I originally planed on using Blacktron, however if the aliens from the alien conquest are the actually reason behind it I can find away to work it in. It actually might work better for what I have in mind.Fair warning Atton, this won’t advance the plot for your characters. That will come tomorrow when I reveal Hertz’s fate.IC:Solomon knelt before Raul looking defiantly down the barrel of the sorcerer’s gun. The turbaned man glared down at the philosopher with his scull-like eyes as he contemplated how best to kill him.The rain washed over Solomon’s face and he opened his mouth so the water could moisten his dry mouth. His hand was clutched over his left shoulder trying to stall the bleeding from his previous gunshot wound. The blood flowed threw his fingers and mixed with water below.Not far away was the body of Doctor Ingrid Tromsø. Solomon’s relationship with her had been complicated. It had been on and off for the last few years and had often shifted between friendship, reverence, and soothing more. Love was a word that he had considered on numerous occasions but it seemed the two rarely felt the same way. If Ingrid had wanted a relationship he had not. If he had wanted a relationship she would push him away. It seemed now she had finally made up her mind and she had died because of it.“What a waste.” Muttered Raul as he motioned to her body. “She was an good woman. It’s a shame her sacrifice was in vain.”“Don’t disrespect her memory.” Said Solomon sternly. “You will never know her.”Raul dismissed the comment with a swift wave of his hand.“Monologing has often been one of my fatale flaws Solomon.” continued Raul Barabbas. “Somewhere along the line I learned to enjoy the theatrics but I have since learned to be more genre savvy. It would be good to just shoot you now and get things over with.”“Well I’m waiting.” Said Solomon. “You’ve had me at your mercy far too long now. Perhaps you just want the moment to last.”Raul responded by slamming the rifle across Solomon’s face. The philosopher splashed down to land on the blood soaked pavement. He pressed his hand to his broken lip before looking up at the sorcerer.“You want to savor it don’t you Raul.” Said Solomon. “You’ve been living under my shadow for a long time. My accomplishments exceed yours in everyway so way not take your time? I’m at your mercy for the first time so I can see why you would want the moment last.”“Shut up Solomon.” Shot back Raul. “Don’t pretend to know me! You’re making some harsh accusations for a man about to be shot. You would not want to give me anymore excuse to pull this trigger would you?”“I won’t pretend to know who you are Raul.” Responded the philosopher. “But I know your kind. You crave more power then you are capable of controlling. You delight in the holding dominance only over those who are weaker then yourself. When confronted with any sort of challenge you prove to be a coward. You never stood up to me before, only now when I am at your mercy do your true colors show.” Solomon paused to let the words sink it. “In short Raul, you’re a common bully. With all the maturity that comes with it.”“You forget that I hold the gun.” Warned the sorcerer. He held out his hand and allowed fire to role over it. “I’m a sorcerer Solomon! I have more power then you could possibly imagine! Would I be so bold if I did not? Might makes right!”He hit Solomon with the gun again and kicked him across the rain swept plaza. He walked over quickly and grabbed him by his left shoulder sending pain rushing threw his wound. He lifted the philosopher up and commanded fire to appear in his hand.Taking hold of the man with his burning fingers he pulled him over so there eyes met. Solomon was forced to look in to his soulless gaze. “Does it Burn Solomon? Do you feel the knives of fire cascading threw you? You may try to deconstruct my mind as much as you want but you must know that compared to my strength your thoughts mean nothing. Much like burning a book, men like you will always be consumed by fire. NOW BURN!”Before Raul could unleash his fireball Solomon held up a weak hand. Glancing over at the feeble finger the sorcerer withdrew his magic and allowed him to say his last words. Solomon could tell his was contemplating weather he should pause to allow another interruption but evidently curiosity got the better of him.“Raul.” Began Solomon threw clenched teeth. His right shoulder burned from Raul’s fire and he struggled to ignore the blisters forming. “You’re monologing again.”The sorcerer yelled in ferry but was silenced by a sudden head-butt from the philosoper. He stumped backwards and landed in the rain trailing a sparks in his wake.With one shoulder shot and the other burning Solomon rose and stood before the man. He frowned at him before drawing his gun. “I’ve always tried to explain to you the benefits of using your head Raul. Sadly it seems to have fallen on depth ears.”Looking one last time at the anger burning in the sorcerer’s eyes Solomon Koplowitz pulled the trigger. Click MegablokRaul Barabbas laughed and blasted Solomon backwards with his magic. The philosopher was shot backwards trailing smoke behind him before landing amongst the carcass of a mutant T-rex. He pondered the fact that the last thing he would smell was the rotting flesh of a mutant and wondered absence mindedly if anyone else might come to his aid.Everyone else was fighting his or her own battles. As he watched the vehicles speed about on the slick pavement not a single agent looked in his direction. He was truly alone and he would die alone. Not even Ingrid would join him now.There was a sudden ssffzzt of electricity and a purple light spun around before him. He was too delirious to see what went on before him but something round hit the ground and rolled in his direction.He reached out to touch the object and jumped in horror at what he saw.Raul’s head.The eyes looked as dead as they were in life. The black turban draped around his pale face and he could see beneath the thick black beard the cauterized stump of the sorcerer’s neck.Before him in the rain the Philosopher glimpsed two purple lights that quickly extinguished. As the barrier of the lights approached he saw they were different end of a staff. The man was one that he recognized. During his time at XERRD Solomon had seen him numerous times in the hallways of the fortress. He had never spoken to the individual and the individual had never spoken to him. He had always been an enigma to some degree but Solomon had always believed his loyally.He had never made a name for himself when it came to science. Instead he had proved to be a powerful advisory in combat and a ruthless emissary for the organization. He was intelligent and cunning but Solomon did not know his name.His previous experience with the man proved irrelevant at the moment. As he walked threw the rain, Solomon wondered for the first time who he truly was. What had made this man turn against the sorcerer and save his life?“Who are you?” whispered Solomon. He was to weak to move and he was in no position to defend himself. He watched as the stranger flipped up the visor of his gas mask and revealed the white ski mask underneath.“You don’t need to know my name.” Said the gas-masked man. He spoke in an educated and refined manner that indicated high culture. The accent was light and he spoke with clarity every syllable. “If you insist on calling me something Dr. Koplowitz, perhaps you can call me Draco.”Latin, Thought Solomon. “Why did you save me?”“Because you need to win the war Dr. Koplowitz.” Said Draco flatly. “My employer has invested a considerable amount based on the outcome of this battle. If XERRD still exists at the end of the day a lot will be wasted. The Dino attack team must succeed.”“Who do you work for?” asked Solomon. “Why do we need to win.”“Tisk, Tisk, Dr. Koplowitz.” Smiled the gas mask warring man. “Do you expect me to tell you everything? I am too valuable to our origination to be killed for what I say here Dr. Koplowitz, my employer values his employees too much to casually punish those who displease him. All I can tell you is I work for a man who calls himself the Englishmen, he is a powerful man Dr. Koplowitz and he is far reaching. Already he knows were the DINO team will go and what they will became.”“What do you mean?” said Solomon. “What’s his ploy?”“All I can say Dr. Koplowitz is two years.” Said Draco. “By then there is nothing you can do. By 2012 everyone on earth will answer to him because of the Dino team’s failure.”“But you said we must win.” Said Solomon. “Now we’re going to fail?”“First you must be the heroes today.” Responded Draco. “Then you will let the people down. It is threw your future failure that the Englishmen with rise.”“How will we fail?” asked Solomon. His vision was becoming blurred and he was passing into tunnel vision. “How will this Englishman rise?”“You’ll survive to see I think.” Smiled Draco. The gas-masked man flexed his knuckles and winked at Solomon before swiftly punching him in the face. After being beaten within an inch of his life by Raul it was all he could take and the philosopher slipped into unconsciousness.OoC:Well I hate to leave Atton hanging but I don’t have time to get to Hertz yet. I certainly have a plain that Nicholas and Naomi will play a part. Kate can also be with Dr. Saran if it’s fine with Atton.I also got a good dialogue for Pharisee and Trigger. A back-story might be revealed in the future but considering the time constraints it may need to be worked into his confrontation. Don’t worry Atton, I’ll get to you tomorrow. JIf anyone wants to pick up Solomon that’s fine. He’s not being kidnapped or anything so you can find him by a dead T-Rex.

That is all

Well I hate to leave Atton hanging but I don’t have time to get to Hertz yet. I certainly have a plain that Nicholas and Naomi will play a part. Kate can also be with Dr. Saran if it’s fine with Atton.
OOC: At this point, I think Kate's more or less already with Saran, given their circumstances I don't see any reason for them to seperate, though I would like her to reunite with her mother eventually, but I just got to be careful to do it in a way that doesn't seem to contrived. Edited by Atton Rand

IC:The battle had been going well. Dr. Rex had supposedly been taken down, for real this time, and Dr. Cyborg had a well-made plan to take Cyrista's Bane out of play. Then, anything that had the slightest possibility of going wrong did it. Adventure died, Amanda died, Dr. Rex came back as a mind-transplanted mutant evil reptile zombie. Oh, scrap indeed.On his way to the power plant, to check the progress of the demolition, he saw a familiar face on the ground. He was lying by a dead T-Rex, which made him stand out, which explained Dr. Cyborg picking him out of the crowd of faces.He landed, and brought the man onto the Titanium Predator."Solomon," he said, doing what he could to get him conscious. "Wake up."

Edited by avmatoran

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC: Unfortunately, Vinyaya only has one eye that was scratched up, and that was removed, so no Mismatched Eyes for her. Though I did consider it as another Artemis Fowl reference.As for the Smash Bros. references...your close. Not exactly Smash Bros references, but references to a dark, deconstruction noir parody called There Will Be Brawl. ​I don't exactly recommend watching it unless you can deal with gruesome deaths, heavy swearing, overall mature themes, and watching your beloved Nintendo franchises go through situation that are a far cry from their original games. While being referenced as apart of Martinet's past, Vinyaya's use of an eyepatch was partly inspired by Samus Aran's eventual use of an eyepatch in the series.IC:Vinyaya rolled her eye in annoyance. "What's your name, doctor?" Vinyaya grumbled to the doctor trying to restrain her."Pierce," the man said, still trying to hold her down. "Would you just-""I'm sorry, Dr. Pierce," Vinyaya said, her tone suggesting otherwise. "But my face was injured, not my arms." And with that, she easily broke free of Pierce's grip and backed away as another doctor began to approach her with a syringe.Pierce turned to Martinet, an angry look on his face. "What are you doing?! Half of her face is scratched up! She can only see out of one eye!"Martinet jabbed Pierce hard in the chest. "I happen to know this woman and treated her and many other agents during those-a temple battles on Adventurers' Island while-a most of the medics here were content with-a sitting at that outpost! She survived a beating equal or-a worse than getting those scars and-a still fought in the Maelstrom Temple!""She is missing an eye!" Pierce snapped. "Her face is heavily scarred and those wounds could leave her at the mercy of the Mutant Dinos! She-""Rex can't use his legs," Vinyaya interrupted. "Hotwire is missing a leg. Greybeard can't see out one eye. They are all out there fighting.""They've had time to adjust," Pierce snapped back. "Your wounds are still fresh and-""Perhaps you haven't noticed, Pierce," Vinyaya hissed. Pierce scowled at the second interruption. "But this is the final battle. If we lose, then this wound won't matter because we'll all be dead. The Mutant Dinos and all of their allies are out there determined to destroy this building. I can see here that casualties and people in much worse shape than I am being brought here by the dozen. The Dino Attack Team and its allies need everybody they can get to stop this army. My only real injury is my eye. The rest is purely cosmetic. Now, I'm going back into that battlefield whether you like it or not, Pierce."***********************Zach was chilled, to say the least. If he and Athena weren't with the Hybrids, the wave of Mutant Dinos running across the bridge would attack them and kill them with ease.Something was seriously wrong. Athena Fabello was freed from Napoleon XIV by Oswald. Oswald then let's Athena go with Zach? Oswald was clearly planning something and it most likely put both Minerva and Athena's lives in danger. Blaire Darkling seemed to be involved, as he let both Zach and Athena go unscathed across the bridge. He wished he had inquired more about what Oswald was doing, but knew Blaire probably wouldn't give anything away. He resolved to Athena back to Antarctica and out of Oswald's reach as soon as he could.He glanced at Athena briefly, who looked ahead. If he was interpreted what Blaire said correctly, Athena's tenure at Napoleon XIV had actually been helpful for her mind. Reuniting with her children, who she clearly thought the world of, after several years had allowed her mind to connect itself to the present, albeit a slightly corrupted version of the present. He wondered how Minerva would react to seeing her mother not only still alive, but to actually see her as a young woman as opposed to a little girl."So, Zachary," Athena said suddenly. "How long have you known Minerva?""It seems like I've known her a longer time than I actually do," Zach said.Athena eyed him curiously. "It feels like I haven't seen her in a long time. How is she?""She's, uh, great," Zach said. "She's doing pretty well..." He didn't want to say so much that Athena would get worried or angry and go into Mama Bear-mode.Athena raised an eyebrow. Then a wide grin formed across her face. "You-you like her!" When Zach didn't deny this accusation, Athena laughed triumphantly. "You are! You're in love with my daughter!""I suppose that's a fair conclusion," Zach muttered. Athena Fabello was certainly come across as one of those embarrassing mothers. She clearly had no issue hiding her opinions and observations no matter how old she was. She was rather carefree and easy-going with everyone and everything, provided one did not harm her family. Zach felt a knot forming in his throat. This is probably how Athena would act all the time if she hadn't let her grief consume her. Now its only a personality that can be activated by select people."Well, I think it's cute and you should go for it," Athena said, crossing her arms. "You seem like a nice boy. You seem like you would get along with her brothers and my husband Isaac as well.""Yeah, well-""We're here," a Hybrid hissed. Zach looked around. They were at the edge of the bridge. Mutant Dinos were charging toward Dino Attack Headquarters at a brisk pace. Vehicles seemed to backing out to continue the fight closer to the perimeter of the building. Several Mutant Raptors were tearing apart a few Steel Sprinters and their drivers near the edge of the river."So you expect us to get back without a vehicle in this mess?" Zach asked irritably. Zach could see the Hybrid smirk coldly."Darkling never said anything about getting you home," the Hybrid said. "If there's any consolation, we'll stay here with you until you step out on to the land. As long as you stay on this bridge, you'er safe."Great. He looked around, trying to find a vehicle they could take back to headquarters. Nothing came to sight."Well, let's go!" Athena said. Zach grabbed her arm and pulled her back. "What?""There's-" he stopped as heard the sound of electric guitars, drums, and an orchestra playing a song. It sounded familiar.Athena looked into the sky. "Is that 'Dance of the Knights' by Prokofiev?"Zach blinked. "Yeah. A metal-orchestra combination by the sound of it." Then he looked into the sky as well. He saw a dark blue Aerial Defense Unit flying overhead, blasting 'Dance of the Knights'. Zach pulled of his helmet and waved at the helicopter. "HEY! HELP!" he yelled loudly. The helicopter seemed to notice, as it lowered itself slightly. The music's volume decreased dramatically as the hatch on the side of the helicopter opened and a Minifig peeked out over the side."Virchaus? Is that you?"Zach grinned in spite of himself. "Brickhouse! Am I glad to see you! And playing 'Dance of the Knights'?"Thaddeus Brickhouse laughed over the sound of the helicopter rotors. "The same to you, old friend! We've got word that you disappeared and to keep an eye out for you over here. Looks like your back in decent shape. And with a woman who kind of looks like your lady friend I met earlier. As for the song, its Epica's cover of 'Montagues and Capulets'. It has such as nice mixture of an orchestra and metal, how could I not play it? "Zach smirked, but began to grow worried. He realized at that moment he wasn't even sure if Minerva was okay. He had left her in a ditched Fire Hammer. "Listen! Can you go on the radio and figure out where Elite Agent Fabello is?""Sure thing." Before Brickhouse retreated into the helicopter, he also added, "Speaking of Elite Agent, I heard you got a promotion. Top dog now, eh?" Zach waited impatiently for Brickhouse to return. When he did, "Alright. Sorry, the radio's a bit whacked up because of that cyber T-Rex. Agent Fabello is with an Elite Agent Andrew in a Fire Hammer. The guy is passing your survival along. Hopefully someone will come by to pick you up.""Wait, why can't you pick us up? Don't you have a winch?"Brickhouse scratched his beard. "Nope. Winch was busted up by a stray T-Rex laser. And it's too dangerous to land."Zach shrugged. Fair enough. He glanced at the road. Mutant Lizard were lining up anxiously, waiting for Zach and Athena to cross the bridge. Zach glanced at the Hybrids, who merely stared back, emotionless.Athena gave a nervous laugh. Even she seemed to realize what was going on. She turned to the Hybrids. "Can you tell the lizards to back off a bit?" The Hybrids shook their heads. "Why-!" Athena gasped sharply as a Mutant Lizard ran on to the bridge, toward Athena. Zach quickly swung his knife out and cut the lizard's throat."What the heck?" Zach roared to the Hybrids. "You said they wouldn't come across!""You took too long. A lizard can't just stand there when dinner's right there for the picking." The Hybrids laughed darkly and turned and started to return to Blaire's outpost.Zach looked at Athena. She was frozen in place and her eyes were wide. Switching illusions. Zach looked up at Brickhouse. "Thad! Change of plans!" The Mutant Lizards were moving on to the bridge and toward Athena and Zach. "The Hybrids lied to us-""Figures.""-We're making a run for it. Cover us and contact the team again!" Brickhouse nodded and retreated into the helicopter. The Aerial Defense Unit then turned its weapons on to the Mutant Lizard pack and blew them apart."RUN!" Zach roared. He gripped the arm of a very confused Athena and began to run into the battlefield, Thaddeus Brickhouse's helicopter above him blasting the symphonic metal cover of 'Montagues and Capulets' as he shot away any Mutant Dino that crossed their path.

IC: Pierce stared at the space police officer for a moment, tempted to listen. He finally sighed. "I'm sorry," he said. "I can't let you. Releasing a semi-recovered patient to her certain doom goes against the point of my entire practice."At that moment, Copper walked up to him with the syringe. "Pierce," he said. "I got it.""Hold off a moment Copper," replied Pierce. "There may be a chance at reasoning with her. Now listen, I can't let you go out there, not in your state. Now at the moment we're busy moving half these patients. You can still walk, maybe you can give us a hand there. That reminds me, you!"Pierce turned toward the mustached doctor. "What's your name?""Martinet," replied the doctor. "Marco Martinet.""Nice to meet you. I'm Dr. Pierce. We're going to need all hands we can get here. I got Shaw and Carver checking to make sure there's nobody we missed within the building, Wade stuck with Enter and Return trying to move the patients, plus Crusher and Clickitt working to get the equipment set up down there. I'd recommend giving a hand to Wade. An extra person to keep those two clowns in line would do him good."Pierce then turned back toward the retreating patient, waiting for her answer.

OOC:What I meant was that her possible false eye would be a different color. I also thought that a Samus reference was there. I guess I was right on that one.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC: "Zach's alive! I repeat, Zach is alive!""Finally some good news on the comn.""Let's hope our in-the-middle-of-a-battle marriage goes better than Rex and Claw's.""Yeah, I want to go to LEGOLAND for our honeymoon!""Besides that Pterosaur girl from Adventurers' Island, you just can't trust hybrids.""Let's get a move on!""Wow, I forgot that these Urban Avengers are as strong as Fire Hammers.""I hope Rex isn't wasting time weeping about Claw. If I were him, I'd be taking my anger out on some Mutant Dinos right about now.""If you were him, you'd have a problem with just plain-old shooting Mutant Dinos.""Touche."Andrew was relieved to hear the news coming in from the Agents folks. "Good old Zach, still as determined to survive as ever.""I do wonder who that woman he found is," said Laxus. "All I'm hearing is that she's similar to his 'lady friend' or something. Minerva, did you have family in the area?"Minerva looked a little tense, as if the word about this "lady friend" was a disturbing matter. "Uh, no... At least, not any female members of the family.""You'll find out in a little bit, I guess," said Andrew. As he took a moment to rotate past a fallen Iron Predator he said, "But I think once you meet up with him, it'd be best if you found another vehicle. Fire Hammers aren't meant for too many agents to gather. Laxus, see if we have any agents in the area who can spare room in a Fire Hammer or something else with lots of room to go get him.""On it," said Laxus. As he started communicating, Andrew checked in with the crew on the Xenon launcher via the comnlink linking them. "You two holding up well up there?""Launcher's overheating more frequently," said Catless. "But otherwise, things are rather swell. Pterisa's saved my behind more than once up here, she's a good ally to have around.""Thanks for the compliment," said Pterisa. If Andrew had to guess, she was definitively acting more with the confidence he had first seen her have as the veiled samurai back in the Maelstrom temple now. Battle atop a vehicle, he supposed, was a bit easier when she didn't have to focus as much on the attention of other agents, besides when watching where they were aiming."Joike's got a Fire Hammer being manned by only him and his colleague Gypsy," said Laxus. "They're following the signal of the ADU chopper that found Zach and the woman, and heading there as quickly as possible."Brikman, I implore you to characterize Gypsy and Joike with as much MST3K references as their names imply!"Good. Remind them to come to us and pick up Minerva when they have him." Andrew turned to said fellow elite agent. "You guys work best together, am I right?""Yeah, I'd say we do," she said with a slight smirk."Alright," said Laxus. "Good luck, you guys."

OOC: Too much happened while I was away for me to adequately comment on any of it.IC: Mort quietly cleared his throat. Pierce jumped slightly and turned, clearly not having expected to find the Alpha Team agent standing directly behind him. Agent Jinx was following Mort with a stretcher piled high with Medic's various devices."Perhaps you didn't hear the nice police officer," said Mort. "She's very much correct to say that too much hangs in the balance for you to detain her here.""He's right," Vinyaya said firmly. "Every individual who is willing and able to risk their life on the battlefield must do so." Dr. Martinet nodded in assent."But you're clearly not able!" Pierce snapped.Mort stood nose-to-nose with Pierce. "Perhaps you're familiar with Alpha Team's training program? Space Police training is equally rigorous. Before you can so much as touch a uniform, you must go through MegaBlokland and back. By the time you go from recruit to rookie, you already know the absolute extent of your capabilities, every one of your limitations, and exactly how to go beyond all of those. If Commander Vinyaya says she is able, then she is able. Any further discussion on the matter is redundant and irrelevant."Pierce scoffed. "What would you know about medicine, anyway? You poke around crime scenes and morgues like they're playgrounds to you. I bet you want her to come back under a sheet, just so you can slice up her corpse. Sick freak."The Alpha Team agent's blank, stony expression grew ever-so-slightly darker. "Such uncivil speech is distinctly unbecoming, friend," he said. "I've seen that you are a highly principled and idealistic man. Now, ideals are well and good when all is right with the world, but they are more of a hindrance on a day such as today. The best thing you can possibly do right now is to let Vinyaya return to the battle. Don't your ideals to interfere with your duties." Mort stepped around the doctor and beckoned to Jinx, who wheeled Medic's equipment out of the room. The AT agent turned back to Pierce. "I am more than willing to help if you'll just allow me to. Do not try to force Vinyaya to play a part that is not hers."OOC: I realize that Pierce's outburst may have been slightly out of character, but he's probably had a stressful day to say the least, and I wanted to emphasize the way most people perceive Mort.

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

IC: Pierce struggled to hold back his anger."She's way too stubborn," Copper whispered. "Why don't we just sedate her and keep her restrained.""At this point we might not have much other choice," replied Pierce. "I understand her concern but it'll at least give us time to make sure she's okay."Copper looked toward Vinyaya, and held up the syringe. "Listen," he said. "I'm just going to give you something here. This should help you in the field. Would you mind showing your arm?"As he walked toward Vinyaya and started to place the syringe in what little skin was exposed, Pierce turned toward the mysterious new arrival."Wait!" Pierce called out. The Alpha Team agent turned toward him."Don't I know you?""No, I don't think so," replied Mort. "Why?""Your face," replied Pierce. "It seemed familiar. I just thought I mig- Yes, of course, I remember now! You were the one that helped me and Elizabeth after Dr. Burns got me arrested for choosing to help an agent over the Alpha Team."

As Sarah Bishop ran through the streets she was rather startled two other women show up holding hands. Upon sight of her they quickly let go, and it only took a moment for her recognize them: Maria and Pyro. Angel Eyes and Clint showed up shortly after.Walking down the street, they were rather surprised by what they saw."Dino Attack Headquarters?" Sarah muttered. "You mean this whole friggin' time we just went in one big circle. I thought you said you could drive that thing?""I said I could drive it," replied Elizabeth. "I never said anything about navigating. I don't even have a compass on hand, you know."

OOC: Atton, I think we all get the point you wanted to make about Pierce's personality. Brikman did clearly intend for Vinyaya to return to the battle, though, and it's rather bad form to continue trying to negate his plans.

Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC: Atton, I think we all get the point you wanted to make about Pierce's personality. Brikman did clearly intend for Vinyaya to return to the battle, though, and it's rather bad form to continue trying to negate his plans.
OOC: I am aware of that. I'm just not sure if there's any way Pierce could do it without going out of character.

OOC: Welcome back, Brikman and Jacks!

OOC: Can't say I liked how that ended, PeabodySam, but I did expect it, and that was a surefire of an awesome way for Trouble to go. But man, you are just wanting to torture Rex right now, aren't you?
Just to be clear, when you say that you didn't like it, do you mean "It could have been written better" or "It was written well, but just too pessimistic for my tastes"?Basically, Rex should have known better than to be the main character in a story written by PeabodySam.
I know we haven't always agreed on what LEGO material we deem strictly canon or not before, and this would be one of those occasions. However, I will point out the the game on LEGO's Website for DIno 2012, Dino Outbreak, seems to say that that the dinosaurs were unleashed by some guy opening up some kind of ancient portal/jail/whatever at an old temple. Personally, I found that more fitting to the Dino 2012 theme rather than a tangential connection drawn with last year's LEGO Villains in a measure meant only to find a way to tease the new LEGO theme in the year-end wrap-up comic. But that's just me.
Dino Outbreak? What was that? Hmm... oh, wait, I remember. It was that Dino 2012 online game that was so awful that I had to put it out of my mind. Heh. But seeing as LEGO comics tend to be seen as more (quote-unquote) "canon" than online games, I don't really thinkSeriously, though. Whose idea was it to make an online game based upon a LEGO line about hunters capturing dinosaurs... and make it a sidescroller with stiff controls that centers around Goomba Stomping wild boars, snakes, and spiders, with the actual dinosaurs being limited to overly-long cutscenes? A disappointing follow-up to Dino Attack's own online game![/nostalgiarant]
Things have taken a nasty turn, haven't they? Rex went from high (getting married, defeating Dr. Rex) to low (Dr. Rex getting back up, Adventure and Claw dying, Trouble returning and dying) rather quick-like. Almost like Mood Whiplash. I did like the allusion to Dobby. The only bright spot. Now that Amanda's dead....things seem different now. Now that she's dead.
An intentional Mood Whiplash, done to demonstrate the dire hopelessness of the situation. And with Amanda dead, it really emphasizes the whole "Anyone Can Die" aspect, eh?IC: Shannon Grimton led a group of Dino Attack staff members down the hall, wheeling herself as quickly as the wheelchair could take her. She knew the danger that Dino Attack Headquarters was in, and while she did not feel confident that evacuating headquarters was necessarily the right thing to do, it was certainly the wisest thing to do. Every able-bodied Dino Attack agent who could fight was in the battlefield. Staff members and those who could not fight were not safe to remain here."In here!" Shannon beckoned to the others, directing them into the room once used, and now once again used, by the Portal Operations Team. They complied quickly, and Shannon waited until every last one of them was inside the room before she followed suit.Inside, they found General, Shock, and Sam Throramebi hard at work assembling what appeared to be a Rock Raiders Teleport Pad, albeit in Dino Attack's color scheme; this came as little surprise, given Throramebi's Rock Raider background. General looked up at the newcomers, and through the eye slits in his helmet, Shannon could see him narrow his eyes in what appeared to be a frown. "Already?" he murmured. "This isn't good."Shannon nodded grimly. "A rocket or something appears to have hit the building. Even worse, Dr. Rex has received some... Divine Intervention from Baron Typhonus and is now more powerful than ever. The security of Dino Attack Headquarters has been compromised, I'm afraid, and Hertz thought it best to start evacuating the building immediately."Throramebi shook his head. "It's not finished yet! Give us about five more minutes. Trust me, you don't want to be using a half-finished Teleport Pad... bad things happen.""We were also hoping to move the finished Teleport Pad," added Shock, gesturing upwards, "to the roof of the building. That way, in a worst-case scenario, T-1 Typhoons can airlift Dino Attack agents to the Teleport Pad be evacuated.""And one more thing," General spoke in a solemn voice. "We're designing this Teleport Pad to be one-way only. Once you go in, there's no turning back. You're in Antarctica's refugee facilities, and you cannot return to LEGO City. Therefore, you have to be absolutely certain that you want to go, because you will not be able to return in time to continue fighting if you change your mind afterward.""Okay," nodded Shannon. "Keep working, then. I'll search the building for anyone else who needs to be evacuated." She turned and began to wheel herself out of the room."But wait!" called Shock. "Aren't you worried that-""Don't worry," grinned Shannon. "Just because I'm in a wheelchair doesn't mean I'm not completely helpless... I can take care of myself if I run into any trouble."OOC: Shannon's going to remain in Dino Attack Headquarters for now. I just figured that I'd give the people who need evacuation a place to evacuate to; I'm just going to let General, Shock, and Throramebi finish the Teleport Pad off-screen. Just remember... once you go in, there's no turning back, so don't use the Teleport Pad unless absolutely necessary.Update on Frozeen, Greybeard, and Sam Race tomorrow.

iC:For the second time in the last forty-eight hours Hertz awoke surrounded by fire. He did not know what happened, all he remembered was the wall exploding and him being flung across the room to land beneath a pool table. Every computer and piece of equipment he saw appeared to be trashed beyond compare and the central radio dishes were a twisted muddle near the far corner. There was no longer a wall on the south side of the room and Hertz looked out at the stormy sky beyond.His ears seemed to have popped from the blast and he had the same impression that one gets when being submerged beneath water. Everything seemed blurred and all noises echoed among the flames.Hertz cleared the splinters of wood off his chest and rose uncertainly. He felt incredibly disoriented and he leaned against the doorframe for support. He was reminded that he still wore a sling from the broken arm he received and contemplated that it may never heal if he continued to be blown up.He wondered whether he was actually still alive. The wreckage around him seemed surreal and he thought he could be in some sort of limbo between this world and the next. After surviving the attack on the rear guard camp, living threw the crash of the Renaissance, falling over a massive cliff, and fighting the maelstrom at the temple of creation it seemed his luck should be running out soon. A cold draft from outside awoke his senses. He felt the cold sensation of rain and the spray of water on his face. He still could not hear and he pried his ears would recover soon. He was a radio operator; he could not work without his hearing. If he could not communicate over the airwaves he was useless. He bit his lip in panic, what if he was permanently deaf?The sprinklers suddenly burst to life and water rained inside the room. The fire still burned bright but the water helped quell the heat. Hertz navigated his way threw the wreckage slowly and made his way to where the south wall once stood. He needed fresh air to escape the smoke, but walking proved to be disorienting when living in a world of silence.He scanned the harbor below him and pulled out his radio. He needed to send out a message to let the team know he had survived but also inform them he may be deaf. In addition, it may not be safe for them to run blindly in. There had been a major breach in security and Hertz was not confident the threat was gone.

Naomi Carver and Noomi Shaw held there hands to their mouths to prevent inhaling the thick smoke. The two women moved carefully down the burning hallways to avoid burning themselves on any exposed metal. The smoke made it difficult to find their way and more then once they were forced to turn back because of blockages.“Where are we?” coughed Naomi as she flinched at the nearby flames. The sprinklers were working at full power but fire still would flare up unexpectedly.“I think we’re off the main hallway!” responded Noomi. “But I’m so turned around in all this smoke I can’t be sure!”Naomi rapped some rags around her hand and brushed away some suet on a nearby sign. “Looks like were near the offices.” She said. “I think the explosion happened on the other side of this hallway.” The women had found almost no bodies in the wreckage. Noomi had theorized that most personal were ether in the basement or on the north side where the battle was taking place. Hertz was still unaccounted for and Naomi tried desperately to find her way to the lounge.There was a sudden crash and the ceiling gave way in front of them. Naomi and Noomi ducked aside to avoid the burnt debris and looked back to see two familiar faces in the wreckage.“Sorry to drop in like this.” Smiled Doctor Saran. His mustached face smiled in regard to his lame one-liner and he quickly helped Kate Bishop up from the rubble. “I was helping Ms. Bishop get out safely and the floor suddenly gave way beneath us.”“Are you okay?” asked Noomi Shaw. The woman brushed some ash from the physiologist’s uniform.“I’m a little winded but I’m okay.” Responded Saran. “You okay Kate?”Kate Bishop nodded her head quickly. “I’ll live, how do we get out of here?”“The emergency staircases should be more clearly marked.” Remarked Naomi with annoyance. “Lets try going this way.”Kate nodded and the four navigated there way back down the hall. The sprinklers were finally starting to have some effect but the structural integrity of the south side was now compromised. Saran had to tread lightly to avoid getting his peg leg stuck and more often then not they had to shield their head from any dangers.Smoke still proved to be a problem and Kate Bishop and Naomi Carver were coughing heavily. Doctor Saran wanted to find the hole soon so he could get some air for his teammates.Naomi suddenly yelled and pointed into a nearby room. Inside, framed amongst the flames and wreckage of sofa stood Hertz. He had is back to the doorway and was instead looking out at the harbor threw the hole in wall. He appeared to be attempting to send a message with his PDA.“Hertz!” yelled Naomi.He did not respond and continued staring at his PDA. It was as if he was incapable of hearing her and continued ignoring everything around him. Naomi wiped a tear of relief from her eyes but continued screaming his name.Something must have drawn his attention and Hertz looked up from his PDA. The techy locked eyes with Naomi and held out a hand. The nurse ran across the lounge to rap her arms around him and the two embraced.“I’m so happy your alright.” Said Naomi softly as he held her head to his sholder. “I can’t do this anymore Hertz, I can keep wondering whether you’re alive or dead.”Hertz did not respond. Instead he pointed to his ears and moved his lips. He squinted his eyes in confusion at what she had just said.I was at this moment that Nicholas Saran, Noomi Shaw, and Kate Bishop looked into the room. The sight they saw was Hertz and Naomi standing where the south wall used to be. Rain and sprinklers drenched the two figures as they embraced and the passion burned as bright as the flames around them.And then like a vulture, an Inferno Helicopter appeared outside the room. It rose slowly from below and hovered just outside the opening. Like some monstrous insect, it floated there and waited to strike at the two figures standing in ignorance.“Naomi, Hertz, get down!” yelled Noomi.The techy stared at her in bewilderment as he watched her lips move. The sound of the rotors outside was lost to him and he did not realize the guns charging just behind his back.Naomi pushed him down just as the guns opened fire. The powerful machine guns tore threw the room as the pilot sprayed in every direction. The five occupants hit the deck as a clean line of bullets cut the room in half.Once the agents were down a figure glided from the helicopter on cable tether. The craft continued to hover outside as the dark figure landed on the floor of the lounge on six articulated spider legs.Spy Clops adjusted his harness and looked around for his victims with his four robotic eyes. The henchmen spotted Hertz lying on the ground in front of him and lifted the techy high in the air. He said nothing as a thick knife emerged from his wrist and drew back his arm. Taking aim at Hertz’s neck he drove the weapon forward. OoC:I don't care where this gos. Feel free to destroy the helicopter or defeat Spy Clops. I would like it if someone saves hertz.I must say Hertz is having horrible luck. He brakes his arm, Naomi rejects him, the rope bridge he's on brakes, the room he's in explodes, and now he's deft. Is it permanent? Only time will tell...I'll continue the confrontation with Trigger next with a new Pharisee post. If an opportunity presents itself I may debut his back-story

That is all

IC: "What happened up there?" Angel Eyes asked, looking up at the smoke coming from the central tower of the building."I don't know," replied Elizabeth. "But I don't like it."Sarah stared at it in horror, then noticed the helicopter flying nearby. "Kate," she muttered."What?" Elizabeth asked.Sarah simply turned toward Pyro. "I'm going to need your gas mask for a moment." She said. Pyro looked at her nervously before slowly taking off her mask and handing it to Sarah."What's your plan?" Angel Eyes asked. Sarah's response was muffled by the mask, but her cocking of her shotgun quickly made it clear she meant business before she turned into the base. Her first stop was the armory. Much to the confusion of the fellow temmates, she grabbed a few extra rounds for her shotgun, got a bandoleer full of bullets, then turned towards Pyro once more, taking off her mask for a moment. "Give me your flamethrower," Sarah said. "I'll give it back when I'm done."Pyro reluctantly complied, and handed Sarah the flamethrower. Quickly finding a roll of duct tape, Sarah rolled it around and attached the flamethrower to her shotgun, and attaching an additional strap, she had one nasty weapon.

Kate could not help but gasp in horror as she saw the mysterious spider-like psycho lower his knife towards Hertz. He quickly turned his attention towards her. Shaw and Carver could only watch in terror as it started to move toward the young rookie- she tried to remain hidden behind the burned remnants of a couch, but it was no use, within moments it saw her.Then it happened.A shotgun blast came seemingly out of nowhere. Kate and the others looked around worriedly, before noticing that the bullet had hit Spy Clops. Another shot was fired, and another as the man looked at the assailant, a mysterious woman in a tank top and a gas mask, carrying what looked like a flamethrower duct taped to a shotgun. She fired another blast, and another. Spy Clops reacted in shock, but was closer to the edge. As the woman entered, everyone was quick to clear out of the way, Carver carefully dragging Hertz. This proved to be a wise move, as she soon opened fire with her flamethrower, setting the mysterious spider creature's shirt ablaze.It was at that moment that the woman finally took off her gas mask, and Kate recognized her almost instantly."Mom!" Kate shouted.Sarah Bishop took one look at the inferno agent as it stumbled around blindly. "GET AWAY FROM HER YOU 4+!" Sarah shouted before firing a few more rounds, and sending the cyborg flying out through the hole in the wall. "Mom?" Kate asked.Sarah looked at her quickly, and smiled. "Oh Kate!" She said, lowering her weapon as she ran up to her daughter and wrapped her arms around her. Right now, Kate could not help but do the same.OOC: Trust me, I've wanted to do something like this ever since I decided to bring Sarah Bishop into the RPG. Originally I'd conceived of it being her gunning down a mutant dinosaur with a shotgun but I think this works as her crowning moment of awesome as well. Bonus points to anyone who can spot the movie reference.

OOC:

What I meant was that her possible false eye would be a different color. I also thought that a Samus reference was there. I guess I was right on that one.
I see. The only real Metroid reference in that post was Vinyaya's zero suit, which was established way back on Adventurers' Island. Samus Aran's use of an eyepatch is strictly from There Will Be Brawl. Admittedly, the idea of having an eyepatch came from looking at a LEGO Pirate head that was identical to Vinyaya's head except for the lack of a mike and the use of an eyepatch. Remembering plans to reference There Will Be Brawl in Marco Martinet's backstory was when I decided to go ahead with the idea.
I am aware of that. I'm just not sure if there's any way Pierce could do it without going out of character.
Part of the reason I had Martinet sneak Vinyaya out; I knew the other medics wouldn't let her go but Martinet, knowing her resilience and tenacity, would (eventually) let her go. I really don't want to resort to Vinyaya knocking away Copper's injection (considering at this point she has her armor and eyepatch, the only open bit of skin is her neck and head and that Pierce did not make an effort to hide the injection was a sedative) so accepting Mort's explanation would be better in the long run.IC:Nazareno gripped a spike on the top of the Mutant T-Rex as it came crashing down on to the wet pavement. Mutant T-Rex skulls were made of thicker stuff than a raptor's, but it still couldn't hold up to Nazareno's katanas. As he touched down, Parr and Fredricksen rolled up in their Urban Avengers, Zelda ridding on the former's vehicle."Impressive showing with the Steel Sprinter thing," Zelda noted. a bright gleam in her eyes."Indeed. Where is Sullivan?" The sad looks on Parr and Fredricksen's face quickly answered that question. "His sacrifice will not be in vain."Zelda nodded solemnly before her eyes brightened again. "On the bright side, an Agent found Zach! He was with some Hybrid escort and a woman who apparently looks like Minerva. They apparently running back to the headquarters with the Agent covering them.""That is definitely uplifting to hear." Though Nazareno was far more reserved than Zelda, he was immensely relieved to hear that Zach was still alive."Me and Fredricksen are moving back to HQ," Parr said. "Need a lift?"Nazareno shook his head. "I think I'll head back on foot and cause as much damage as I can along the way." He gestured toward Zelda. "Care to join me?"Zelda giggled but nodded. "I think I will, thank you very much.""See you two later," Fredricksen grumbled and he and Parr started to drive off toward the headquarters. Nazareno turned to Zelda."Alright, so the plan-""The plan?" Zelda repeated, laughing airily. Nazareno grimaced. "I've been watching you. I don't think you really plan that far ahead. You make things up as you go."Nazareno scowled and oddly felt his face become warm. Had it been anyone else that interrupted him, he would've let snapped at them coldly. As it was, he couldn't bring himself to do it to Zelda, who crossed her arms smuggly. "Whatever. I suppose you're right. The idea is simple: we head back to the headquarters and wipe out every Mutant Dino that crosses are path.""Not exactly elaborate," Zelda said. He could tell she was grinning underneath her bandana. Somehow she managed to toy with him and get away with it."No, but elaborate does not always mean better. And as you said, I'm making this up as I go along, so I'm sure things will get more complicated as we move closer to the headquarters."Zelda shrugged and pulled out her swords. "So, no more Steel Sprinters. We running?" Nazareno nodded once before turning and charging toward Dino Attack Headquarters, swords extended with Zelda close behind.OOC: I'll continue this on tomorrow. Maybe.

OocBy the time this gets posted someone may already have stated this because I did it on my phone.Wow, I have to say that was certainly impressive of Sarah! She...1. Get back to the base from the city.2. Sew the helicopter on the southern side well she and her team came from the north3. Navigated her way across the river and threw the masive battle in the front plaza4. Travel to the armory5. Build a weapon6. Travel to the south side of the base and up to the third floor7. Navigate her way threw the fire, smoke, and debris8. Find Hertz and Kate9. Shoot Spy Clops.All before the henchmen stabbed Hertz! I must have really underestimated her badmanness to think she could not do all of that in the time it takes to thrust knife!Honestly I was somewhat hopeing Kate might contribute something. Saran had a gun and so might any other passersby that could have been contrived. Sarah Bishop comeing to the rescue from blocks away seems alittle far fetched.Sorry to tarnesh Sarah's crowning moment of awesome. :(

That is all

OOC: that guy, in general I'm well past the point of even noticing your...rather unique spelling anymore, but when you said suet instead of soot in your last IC, the amusing mental image I got brightened up my evening quite a bit. :PAlso, I should point out that in such a jumbled confusing mass of simultaneous events as these, in-universe chronology mustn't necessarily line up precisely with post chronology. What I mean is that Sarah and the Third Headquarters Squad really could plausibly have showed up like that if you consider the fact that some of Atton's ICs were, by necessity, backposts, simply because one can't focus on all of one's characters at once.I was going to put in another IC tonight, but I've got too many plans to pick just one of them and not enough energy to execute all of them.

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC: If I may, it sounded rather extreme what Sarah did to Spy Clops, an official LEGO character... shooting him, burning him, shooting him some more, and sending him flying through a window. No one, not even a freaky cyborg such as Spy Clops, could possibly survive something like that (remember that every shot made by Sarah was with a shotgun, which killed Spy in one hit, and she shot Spy Clops multiple times). However, the rule against killing official LEGO characters is still in effect, so you might want to make it a little clearer that Spy Clops survives.

OOC: If I may, it sounded rather extreme what Sarah did to Spy Clops, an official LEGO character... shooting him, burning him, shooting him some more, and sending him flying through a window. No one, not even a freaky cyborg such as Spy Clops, could possibly survive something like that (remember that every shot made by Sarah was with a shotgun, which killed Spy in one hit, and she shot Spy Clops multiple times). However, the rule against killing official LEGO characters is still in effect, so you might want to make it a little clearer that Spy Clops survives.
OOC: Good call, though it might just be that Atton forgot that Spy Clops was an official LEGO character instead of just another made-up Inferno henchman. It's been ages since the Agents sets were out, after all.

OOC:Admittedly, I haven't used them lately, but Zelda and Nazareno are still going to be in my attack plan against Cyrista's Bane.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC: You're one to talk PeabodySam. You're the one who decided to use Ogel to re-enact Principal Snyder's death in Buffy the Vampire Slayer.Anyway, I had intended to leave his fate open. I assumed being a cyborg he was probably a bit tougher than he average minifig (that's why I specifically said it was his shirt that was set on fire, as that seemed the most likely part of him to ignite), so there I'm not sure if it was totally impossible for him to survive, even if he needs some repairs.

Edited by Atton Rand

OOC: You're one to talk PeabodySam. You're the one who decided to use Ogel to re-enact Principal Snyder's death in Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
OOC: Had a feeling you would say that. Evidently, someone missed this exchange...
"But how did Ogel survive being eaten the first time?" wondered Amanda. "And aren't you two worried about Ogel having sacrificed himself?""Our great master is not dead," stated the other Super Ice Drone, "for he is far too cunning and intelligent. He has cheated death before, he has done so now, and we know that he shall do so again. For even now... Ogel lives.""This reminds me of something I saw in the Alpha Team records," murmured Frozeen. "Something from back in 2001, after Ogel's first defeat... Darn, if I could only remember what it was..."
Even if Frozeen doesn't remember, Andrewnuva199 sure does. And it was perfectly foreshadowed and set up to to show that Ogel did not really die. Don't believe me? Go back to July 6, 2012, and read my post again. Knowing what you know now will make things a lot clearer.For the record, I've never seen an episode of Buffy, so it was not an intentional reenactment.EDIT: Okay, so I had to reply via phone, so I couldn't post my full thoughts just yet. Now that I'm on an actual computer (oh, man, typing is so much easier than texting!), I'll elaborate a little further.The problem is that Ogel's "death" was clearly staged like a death and intended to make everyone (in-universe, at least) believe that he had actually died. It's only by the fact that he evidently did not actually die, as shown by his reappearance at LEGO City Hall, that we know otherwise. However, even so, looking at my IC post on July 6, 2012 will show that I set up this event in advance, so that some people (for example, Andrewnuva) could put the pieces together and figure out that Ogel never really died, even before his reappearance at LEGO City Hall.With Spy Clops's defeat, there's nothing to indicate that he survived other than the fact that he's an official LEGO character so it's against the rules to kill him. After being shot multiple times (by a weapon that can kill in only one shot), burned in close combat, and flying through a wall, no one can survive that. If he weren't Spy Clops and he was just some random cannon fodder, he'd be dead. There's no indication IC of his survival, and I don't mean that you even need to say that he survived at the end... instead of just saying that Sarah barged in there and fired her shotgun at him, you could have been a little more specific and said that she fired at his mechanical legs, which definitely won't kill Spy Clops and would be easy to repair, ensuring his survival. Just saying that he was shot with a shotgun is vague enough to sound like he could have been shot in the chest, in the arms, or even the face, two of which are fatal and one of which can still cause blood loss.In essence, if you're going to go all-out on an official LEGO character (without properly setting up in advance that he was faking his death, as was done with Ogel), make sure that there is some indication of his survival. Even if you just say that he was shot only in the mechanical legs, that's much better than just saying that he was shot. Otherwise, as I said, you could replace "Spy Clops" with "Red Shirt" and, with the "no killing official characters" rule out of the way, it looks like No Kill Like Overkill with a healthy dose of No One Could Survive That. Edited by PeabodySam

OOC: Okeeday, avmatoran. I just Nazareno and Zelda for a short bit. After that, they'll restart the attack on Cyrista's Bane. Unless you want that attack to start now.As for MST3K references...we'll see. I have watched the show, but not enough to make very many good references..IC:Zach was running as hard as he could with Athena Fabello in tow. Mutant Dinos were everywhere and if Thaddeus Brickhouse were not present overhead, they would be dead in an instant."Look alive, Virchaus!" Thaddeus shouted over the helicopter's loudspeakers. "Help is on the way!" Zach looked ahead and saw two Fire Hammers driving toward them. One was extremely erratic in its driving and seemed to be making an effort to hit every Mutant Lizard. One of the Fire Hammers quickly pulled around in front of Zach and Athena. On the back of the vehicle was a woman concentrated intensely on firing at every Mutant Dino around her."Hey!" the driver called out. "I'm here to pick an Elite Agent Zachary and the woman who looks suspiciously similar to his 'ladyfriend'.""Thanks!" Zach said appreciatively. He and Athena climbed into the back of the Fire Hammer."'Names Joike, by the way," the driver said. "The lady out back is Gypsy.""Great. Thanks. Can I use your radio?""In a bit." Joike started to drive again and turned on the radio as the other Fire Hammer nearly T-Boned Joike. "Rowsdower! Would you put down the liquor for a moment and concentrate!" Joike turned to Zach, who had climbed into the front seat, and shook his head. "Rowsdower. Mother of Builder. What kind of stupid name is Rowsdower? Just...eh. Here's the radio."Zach nodded appreciatively. "Brickhouse, can you hear me?""Loud and clear.""Thanks for the help back there."Brickhouse chuckled. "Not to worry. Just like old times, eh?"Zach laughed in agreement. "Old times. But seriously, thanks. Keep up the good work." Saying a quick good-bye before making his next call. "Minerva?""Zach?" There was a relieved laugh over the radio. "You're alright!""Naturally. I told you Thaddeus would help us out.""That's great to hear." He could hear Minerva' voice become somewhat reserved. "Uh, who did you find? Someone that looks like me?""Yeah. You're not going to believe this, but I found-"****************************************"Where is Glados?!" Blaire Darkling demanded over a radio."We trying to find her," a scientist snapped at him. "But it's looking like she kicked the bucket, too."Blaire grimaced. If Michelle Glados was dead, then XERRD was without a lead."Keep looking," Blaire commanded harshly. "If we don't find her soon, someone will need to take over.""Will do, Darkling," The connection dropped, and Blaire approached the edge of his building where the Hybrids were sniping Dino Attack Agents with ease. He needed to do something. Something to clear his mind. He pulled out a set of binoculars and scanned the battlefield.He managed to see Zachary Virchaus and Athena Fabello climbing into a Fire Hammer while another Fire Hammer and an Aerial Defense Unit covered them. How convenient. The Hybrids were supposed to have kept them safe on the bridge, but ultimately decided to abandon their post. Blaire would have given them a punishment well-deserved, but Oswald Fabello had beat him to it. And what a punishment Oswald gave them.He glanced at a sniper beside. "May I see that for a moment?" Blaire asked, gesturing to the sniper rifle. The Hybrid grumbled, but handed the weapon to Blaire. "Now, gentlemen, you've been doing well. But let's see you take down a bigger target." Blaire glanced through the scope and aligned himself with the Agents helicopter hovering over Athena and Virchaus. As they have been rescued by the Fire Hammer, I think this helicopter is no longer necessary. He managed to see the pilot's head through the smokey glass on the helicopter's cockpit. He fired once. A direct hit. He then aimed toward the helicopter's rotors and fire another bullet.*****************************************Nononononono. NO! Zach watched in horror as Thaddeus Brickhouse's helicopter spiraled out of control ahead. Joike floored the gas pedal, trying to move away from the falling Aerial Defense Unit. Zach turned his head and watched the helicopter collide harshly into the ground, causing it to erupt into flames."NO!" Zach roared. He kicked open his door and hopped out of the moving Fire Hammer. At this point, his mind wouldn't let himself believe what just happened. He started running towards the ruined helicopter."Hey!" Joike called out to Zach, bringing the Fire Hammer to a screeching halt. Zach ignored him and pried open the wrecked hatch doors of the helicopter. He had to find him. He had to-"Zach felt himself get pulled back and being forcibly dragged back to the Fire Hammer. Zach glanced up and saw Gypsy looking at him quizzically. "I don't get you.""What?!" Zach demanded. He felt tears forming in his eyes as he tried to break away."I don't get you," she repeated. "I'm sorry, but your friend is dead. Going into a burning Aerial Defense Unit isn't going to change anything." Zach looked back at the helicopter in horror, defeat swelling up in him. She was right. Thaddeus Brickhouse is dead. He's dead."Did you see what happened," Zach gasped, surrendering to Gypsy pull."Yeah. It was sniper fire from the other side of the river." Zach froze. He pulled away from Gypsy and lifted up his binoculars. He quickly saw him. Blaire Darkling standing at his building, a sniper rifle in hand.Zach felt anger wash over him, followed by an idea. He turned and jumped back into the Fire Hammer. "What was-" Joike began."Shh," Zach snapped. He turned to the radio. "Minerva?""Zach, what happened?""Brickhouse is dead. I need to do something quick. I tell you who I find when we meet up again. You won't believe me unless I show you."There was a short silence. "Fine. Just be careful."Zach nodded grimly and then directed his attention to someone else. Someone he noticed while walking across the bridge. "Brickster?""Eh? Zachary Vircrazy? Is that you?"Zach had no times for jokes. "Yes. Listen-""Oh, man. I heard some whacky things happened to you, Vircrazy. Becoming a little zombie and everything.""Listen!" Zach snapped. "There's a building on the other side of the river with Hybrid snipers on the roof. Do you see it?"There was silence, then: "Oh, I see it. You want me to blow that up? Because I'll blow that up.""Yeah. And Brickster? Remember, there's no kill like overkill."The Brickster chuckled darkly. "I think that Maelstrom changed you for the better, Zach. Let you embrace the chaos. I like that.""Hold up, Virchaus!"Zach blinked. "Raine?""Yeah," Raine Dashworthy said. If anyone is going to be blowing up the losers that kill Thad, I'm going to do it.""Ha! No way you're taking this from me! I'm being asked by a LEGO Islander to blow things up. That will never happen again, Agent!""I don't care!" Zach snapped again. "Just blow it up!"***********************************"That is how you should do it," Blaire said, handing the sniper rifle back to the Hybrid. He backed away and let the Hybrids continue their work. A strange sense of euphoria traveled through Blaire's body. It had been years since he had picked up a sniper rifle. Even longer since he had killed a Minifig himself. Must not dip back into the old ways. Blaire told himself."Sir, the T-1 Typhoon of the Brickster has turned its attention on us," a Hybrid stated. Blaire scowled. The Brickster. He hated that man for managing to slip past his defenses and blowing up the laboratory on Dinosaur Island. "An Agents jet seems to be moving in toward us as well."Blaire binoculars once again. He could barely see Zachary Virchaus talking into the radio, an angry look on his face. "I appear to have touched a nerve." With that he turned and began to head toward the stairs.As soon as he reached the ground, the Agents jet fired a missile, striking the center of the building hard. The Brickster's helicopter then moved in and fired all of its weapons at the remains of the building. Blaire walked away, not allowing himself to look back.Perhaps his head was still in rush of killing the Agents aboard that helicopter, for he saw Zachary Virchaus' move of commanding the Brickster and an Agent jet to blow up his command post as a challenge. A challenge he would accept. He would find the Dino Attack agent and kill him.As he reached the bridge, his radio crackled to life. "Michelle Glados is dead! Repeat. Michelle Glados is dead!" Blaire paused for a brief moment and pulled out his radio."What happened?" Blaire demanded."She was killed by a Mutant Lizard after killing what we believe was Silencia Venomosa!"Blaire considered this. Were the Mutant Dinos falling out of XERRD's control and into the Darkitect's, despite the Maelstrom Temple being eliminated? "Venomosa? What a shame that we will never meet a-" Blaire was interrupted by multiple explosions from behind him."-never get to meet at last?" The scientists said "Whatever. XERRD is without a leader!"Blaire considered possibly candidates. Raul Barabbas briefly crossed his mind, but considered the man to be too power hungry to be leader. Perhaps Paulie Gonapus? No, he hadn't been able to get into contact with anyone after being attacked by sniper fire. Alvin Gadd? No, too spineless.Blaire turned back to his radio. He widened his radio's frequency to include all XERRD members and even a few members of the Dino Attack Team. "It appears XERRD is in its darkest hour as much as the Dino Attack Team is. Our leader is mad and our second-in-command is dead." Blaire swallowed hard. He didn't want to do this, but there was little other choice."Therefore, I, Blaire Darkling, henceforth assume command of XERRD." He heard a brief outcry of protest from other scientists. "Silence! Up until now, our leaders have been scientists. We are fighting a battle and with our leaders out, it is only natural that we have a Minifig skilled with combat to lead this organization."There was mixed grumbles from other XERRD scientists. Blaire didn't particularly care. "Continue the fight for now!" Blaire commanded. "Once I deal with a certain...annoyance...I will give me next orders." Pocketing the radio, Blaire began to run across the bridge, determined to find Zachary Virchaus.OOC: I personally hope this is alright. Blaire will only be leader of XERRD for a brief moment before he relinquishes command.

OOC: By the way Brikman, I couldn't resist the urges, so I broke down and made it after all. Here's the Brickster's T-1 Typhoon!IC:"Hang on guys, I'm adding Dr. Rex to the 'Turns Red' page on TV Tropes.""I don't think now's the best time for that. Watch where you're driving-""Wouldn't 'Turns Purple' be more accurate, though?""Um... heh, heh. Nobody needed a fire hydrant there, right? Do we have any firefighters on this team?""Yes.""Okay, to all you firefighters, I apolo-""My fellow Dino Attack agents, this is Andrew Jackson speaking. I would make an announcement. Whichever one of you sons of MegaBloks took my stuff, you're as dead as all those other Mutant Dinos! I swear to Builder that I'm going to find you and burn you alive! You're all going to burn! BURN! BURN IN MEGABLOKLAND! BURN STUFF! BURN IT ALL, IT MUST BE BURNED!""Okay, what's this guy's problem?""I don't know. Why does Dino Attack Team keep hiring these psychos anyway? With Kotua, Chupacabra, Duke, French Fries, Pyro, Baldrick, and others that I'm probably forgetting, this place is more of a nuthouse than Napoleon XIV Mental Institution!""... OR I'LL BURN WHERE YOU LIVE AND I'LL BURN YOUR HOUSE WHEN YOU SLEEP AT NIGHT AND BURN YOUR MOUTH!""Dang. Whoever took this guy's stuff, I suggest you give it back. I'm kind of getting tired of listening to him rambling.""Just ignore him. He'll shut up.""... AND I'LL BURN YOU AND I'LL BURN YOUR MUTANT DINOS AND I'LL BURN YOUR FOOD AND I'LL BURN SO MUCH APPLE JUICE THAT THEY WON'T BE HAPPY IN PARAGUAY ANYMORE!""... eventually.""So, um... Wow, you didn't miss a shot, Gaston! You're the greatest hunter in the whole world!""Gaston? That was Belle. Gaston deserted us at the beginning of the battle. Dirty coward. He could have used some lessons in manliness from Adventure.""STUPID MUTANT LIZARD! I'D BURN YOU IF I STILL HAD MY STUFF! YOU TOO, MUTANT RAPTOR! I'D BURN YOU ALL!""... okay, seriously, this guy needs to shut up. All in favor of muting his mic-spam?""Turn off that radio," muttered Sam Race, who was furrowing his brow and pursing his lips. "It's really unfitting to the current mood."Frozeen sighed. "Sam, I know that you're still upset about your father's death... and I understand. I too know what it's like to have lost a father, and I know that nothing I can say or do will make up for how you feel right now. But we need to stay updated on what's going on elsewhere on the battlefield, and that means listening to the comm chatter. You guys didn't hear anything about Amanda yet, right?""I got me one hand on th' wheel," grumbled Greybeard, "an' me one eye on th' road. An' yet, I be listenin' as hard as I can, an' I be not hearin' a single thing about Amanda since that message about Rex bein' down. I hope that lass be safe, says I.""Me too," Frozeen nodded grimly. "I can't believe that Rex is down. I hope that just means that he's merely out of the fight at the moment... not that... well, you know. And no news on Amanda... that's concerning." He swallowed hard, unable to properly discuss his feelings. If anything happened to them so soon after their marriage, he thought determinedly, then as soon as I see her again, I'm not going to waste any time. I'm going to tell Shannon how I really feel."I told you," shuddered Sam Race. "We're dead! We're all dead! It's hopeless! Anyone can die!""Sam!" snapped Greybeard. "Quit yer bellyachin' back there! Yer father would not want ye bawlin' yer deadlights out like this... he depended upon ye t' be his successor t' th' throne, an' he wanted ye t' be an even greater king than he ever be! His sun has set... it be up t' ye t' make sure his son be risin'!"Frozeen caught notice of a pack of Mutant Raptors attacking a nearby Agent Supertrike further down the road. Now that the Agents stopped fighting with and started fighting alongside Dino Attack Team, Frozeen felt obliged to help out the Agent in trouble. However, as he grabbed a pair of binoculars and looked through them, Frozeen scowled as he saw that the Agent in question was none other than Grease."What be that ye see?" inquired Greybeard.Part of Frozeen wanted to tell Greybeard, Oh, nothing. Let's just keep going. But as tempting as this was, Frozeen knew it was not the right thing to do. As Alpha Team and Agents were both allied with Dino Attack Team, it would be wrong to leave a fellow ally for dead. Besides, as much as Grease was a troll and a bully, Frozeen knew that leaving him to die would make Frozeen no better than Grease.Gritting his teeth, Frozeen reported: "It's an Agent in trouble. Let's go help him."The Fire Hammer drove towards the Agent Supertrike, which was already shredded to pieces by the time they arrove. Frozeen leaned out the window and fired at the Mutant Raptors with his Cosmotronic Ray. As they sped by, Frozeen reached out, grabbed Grease's hand, and hoisted him into the Fire Hammer.Looking at his rescuers, Grease snobbishly crossed his arms and pointed his nose in the air. "Well, if it isn't the 'old schoolers'. An Alpha Team agent, a classic pirate, and a Galactic LEGO Racer. As out-of-date as ever. What the heck do you think you're doing? I didn't need your help!"Frozeen glared at Grease. "Look. I don't have to like you, and you don't have to like me, but we're allies now, and you've got to shut up and just accept the fact that we need to put our differences beside us and work together for a common cause. Now, if you're not so grateful about the rescue, then there's an abandoned Urban Avenger right there which is currently not attacked by a pack of Mutant Raptors.""And so I will," muttered Grease."Besides," Frozeen murmured, his voice dripping with verbal irony, "I'm sure you would have done the same for me."The Fire Hammer stopped beside the abandoned Urban Avenger in question. As Grease stepped out of the Fire Hammer to take the other vehicle, Frozeen heard the heavy footsteps of an approaching Mutant T-Rex. On a nearby perpendicular street, Frozeen saw the horribly-familiar armored Mutant T-Rex that was Dr. Rex, his armor laced with constricting Maelstrom tendrils, leading a large group of Mutant Dinos of all sizes."They're heading right for Dino Attack Headquarters!" gasped Sam Race. "We... we gotta warn them! Greybeard, let me drive... I'm much faster driver than you are.""Now that be th' spirit!" grinned Greybeard, glad to see Sam Race starting to return to his old, confident self.Frozeen thought about Rex and Amanda, who let him, Greybeard, and Sam Race out of the Iron Predator to give them a chance of escape in case Dr. Rex caught up to them. He wondered, for a moment, if Dr. Rex actually did catch up to the Iron Predator. With a shudder at the thought of the consequences, Frozeen decided not to dwell on that.Rex and Amanda are still alive out there, he assured himself.*****"Okay, seriously. Someone please stop this Andrew Jackson guy, he's reduced to speaking Angrish.""AHRMMAHR FAHRRAHRN MAHRH FLAHRMAHRTHRAHRWAHRR GRAAAAAAAAAAHR!""Danny? Has Lisa been tearing this guy apart too? He sounds a lot like Johnny right now.""Does Specs have any spare balaclavas? He should hand one to this guy. Maybe it would muffle his speech to just incomprehensible gibberish that no one can hear.""You know, the way this guy is acting, you'd think that he's the victim of identity theft or something.""Sounds like he'd get along just fine with Pyro to me. Maybe he should join the Third Headquarters Squad."OOC: Had way too much fun with the comm chatter this time, poking humor at something that's been bugging me for a while. Sorry about the Mood Whiplash, though... might want to see a physical therapist for a speedy recovery.