Dino Attack: At War's End

PeabodySam

IC: "Come on," Maria said. "Just put the suit on."Pyro sighed. "Alright," she said, reaching for the baggy suit. It did not take her long to put it on before she reached for the balaclava."Actually," Maria said. "Don't bother with that. Just put the mask on."Pyro nodded and carefully placed the mask onto her head. Within a few minutes her voice was slightly muffled, but not totally unintelligible.

Sarah Bishop slowly stepped into the armory. Most of the agents had already gone, and she certainly was not an agent, but she wasn't prepared to let that stop her; not while her daughter was in potential danger. Quickly finding a few bandoleers, she put them on over her dark-colored tank top, and then she found something that made her smile. It was a great big minigun, one which could clearly do quite a bit of harm.At that moment, the door opened, and two younger woman entered, and quickly Sarah put down the gun. One of the woman was wearing a gas mask, the other looked like she belonged in the Wild West. Soon the gas masked woman eagerly pulled out what looked like a flamethrower before she turned toward Sarah."I see you found Heavy's gun," she said, keenly."Who?" Sarah asked."He was one o' 'em guys got killed by the mole," the Western girl explained."I see," replied Sarah."I'm Maria," replied the Western girl. "This here is my... um... partner... agent Pyro."Nice to meet you," Pyro said, somewhat shyly, and her voice slightly muffled by the mask."Now you sure you got enough fuel in that there thing?" Maria asked."Definitely,' replied Pyro."Good," replied Maria. "Now let's get out of 'ere before you start hallucinating about 'em lollipops.'Sarah briefly smiled at the remark before she turned back toward the minigun.OOC: I don't know about you guys, but I'm starting to think we need to do a re-enactment of the "Meet the Pyro" video at some point in this battle, where Pyro brutally massacres an army of mutant dinosaurs while hallucinating about a weird sugar bowl world full of lollipops and adorable winged baby dinosaurs.

Edited by Atton Rand

OOC:Yeah, maybe a gaseous by-product of burning the fuel in her flamethrower coated the lenses of her gas mask, and bends the light in weird ways. I'm trying to find a way where she isn't crazy.IC:Dr. Cyborg was shooting all guns at all dinos. So far, he had managed to take down 7 Raptors, 2 Pterosaurs, and who knows how many Lizards. He had assigned Cortana(2) to keep an eye on the people he knew more than in passing. So far, no one was in big trouble."Dr. Cyborg," she alerted him from inside his head, "Zach, Minerva, and their gunner are in trouble." She gave him the exact coordinates, and he piloted the Titanium Predator to above them, shooting more Dinos as he went. He saw a slight pattern in Minerva's driving, like she had a plan. He still charged up the Cryothermic Cannon just in case they needed his help.OOC:Almost there...

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

OOC: I don't know about you guys, but I'm starting to think we need to do a re-enactment of the "Meet the Pyro" video at some point in this battle, where Pyro brutally massacres an army of mutant dinosaurs while hallucinating about a weird sugar bowl world full of lollipops and adorable winged baby dinosaurs.
OOC: If you want a reenactment of Meet the Pyro, you'd need to have her single-handedly burning Mutant Dinos in a certain part of LEGO City, while old file footage of Scout, Heavy and Spy talking about how much she (or he, because they might not have known her true gender) is somehow worked in.Just don't get carried away, that's all I'm saying.

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

OOC: The way I originally envisioned it (the Andrew Jackson version), Pyro is just completely insane. Nuts. Psycho. All as a result of the death of his family. Apparently, Atton's vision (the Andrea Jackson version) is rather different, considering that she acts rather sane and blames it all on her suit. If you want a reenactment of Meet The Pyro, I'd personally suggest just sticking with the ending scene where Pyro burns everything in sight while his/her/its enemies flee in terror and scream for mercy.As for the whereabouts of the river, I pictured it as on the edge of LEGO City, essentially serving as the perimeter on one side of the city... although this map of LEGO City shows the river passing through the center of the city. Meh, let's just say that the river by the power station is along perimeter. That way, it would make sense as to why the front lines would be guarding it.Also... in 2001, Evil Ogel tried to drop a Mind-Control Orb on Dust. The result? Dust controlled Ogel's mind!IC: Even from his position, Rex could hear the chaos of battle as the Mutant Dino army collided with the Dino Attack Team's front lines. He watched as Mutant Pterosaurs engaged T-1 Typhoon in aerial combat before falling from the skies as though their wings had been clipped.Picking up the radio, Rex inquired: "How are things out there, Greybeard?"The radio crackled to life with the grizzled voice of the old pirate. "Arrr, things be goin' rather well! Seems that despite their large numbers, we be pushin' 'em hard enough to prevent 'em from crossin' th' river. Any that slip by get quickly taken care o', too.""You okay there?" asked Rex. "You haven't had a lot of driving experience with Dino Attack, so...""Belay yer worries," reported Greybeard, "I be fine! Ye be forgettin' that I used t' be a LEGO Racer! In fact, thar be this silver-armored Mutant T-Rex pushin' through our defenses at th' moment... but Joe, Sam, and I be havin' a plan t' take him down!"Rex blinked. "Don't engage the silver-armored Mutant T-Rex!" he warned Greybeard. "Greybeard, listen to me... it's too dangerous to take on Dr. Rex himself with only a Fire Hammer! We're going to need Iron Predators and T-1 Typhoons to bring him down!""I said belay yer worries!" laughed Greybeard over the line. "We only be goin' t' distract th' old beast, delay its attack long enough fer yer Iron Predators an' T-1 Typhoons t' arrive! Ye see, Joe, Sam, and I be racin' around th' monster an' takin' turns firin' at it! Wi' three Fire Hammers driven by professional LEGO Racers circlin' the beast, our plan be leavin' th' T-Rex confused an' disoriented, says I!"Rex nodded grimly. "Okay, Greybeard. Just be careful. You don't want to know what Dr. Rex is capable of."

OOC: The way I originally envisioned it (the Andrew Jackson version), Pyro is just completely insane. Nuts. Psycho. All as a result of the death of his family. Apparently, Atton's vision (the Andrea Jackson version) is rather different, considering that she acts rather sane and blames it all on her suit. If you want a reenactment of Meet The Pyro, I'd personally suggest just sticking with the ending scene where Pyro burns everything in sight while his/her/its enemies flee in terror and scream for mercy.
OOC: Well, even if she's not quite as crazy, I'd hazard a guess that staying a suit like hers for as ridiculously long as she did (apparently wearing it constantly; if she ever took her mask off, it was probably just for eating, and even then she'd probably keep herself isolated in some darkened room). would probably do some things to your mind.IC: "Why don't you come with us?" Maria asked, turning back toward Sarah. "You workin' with anybody yet?""No," replied Sarah. "I just want to keep my daughter safe.""Where is she?""Helping set up some equipment in the lounge," replied Sarah."Even better," replied Maria. "You can help by keeping the dinosaurs from getting 'ere."'True," replied Sarah as she slowly grabbed a shotgun and strapped it to her back. She picked up the minigun, and taking a moment to gain her balance, she turned toward the two women. "Let's do this," Sarah said.As the trio left, Sarah could not help but ask about the rest of them. "Who else is with us?""There you are," Angel Eyes remarked as if on cue. Accompanying him was Demoman. "I got him out of prison, I figured he could help us, now that the mole is gone." He took a moment to light his pipe. "And out there we'll need all the help we can get."Clint was there as well, leaning against a nearby wall with his cigar."Who's your friend?" Angel Eyes asked."Sarah Bishop," replied Sarah."Now if I can figure out where Firecracker got t-"At that moment, there was a loud BANG. Debris went flying out of the wall in the corridor as the familiar figure of Firecracker stepped out of the smoke. After a moment of coughing, Angel Eyes finally spoke up. "I guess that settles everything. Why don't we call ourselves the Third Headquarters Squad, eh?""Was there ever a first one?" Maria asked in confusion. "I don't know," replied Angel Eyes. "But the last one was the Second so this one we'll call the third."

By this point the Garage was mostly empty, but there was still one large vehicle intact, an Iron Predator."Anybody know how to drive that thing?" Clint asked. The other agents looked at him with some confusion."I can," said a voice from behind. Everybody turned to see a young woman in pirate garb."You can drive one of these?" Angel Eyes asked."Yeah," replied the pirate girl. "I stole one once, I think I should be able to remember how it worked.""You got a name?" Asked Angel Eyes."Elizabeth," replied the pirate."Well, Elizabeth," Angel Eyes said keenly. "Welcome to the Third Headquarters Squad. Let's move."And with that, the eight members of the new Third Headquarters Squad climbed into the Iron Predator, as Elizabeth got into the driver's seat. "Now, if I remember this switch should go forwa-"The Iron Predator suddenly started to ##### backward. After a moment of fiddling with the controls, Elizabeth finally started to get it moving, breaking down the garage door and driving out into the streets.OOC: You know, much as I loved the Dino Attack Headquarters model, I'm suddenly thinking that I would have loved to see PeabodySam recreate one of Firecracker's entrances somewhere.

IC:Minerva slammed the gas and charged at the Mutant T-Rex. Zach tensed immediately. "What are you doing?!" he asked. Just as the two were about to collide, Minerva suddenly swerved to the right, narrowly dodging the Mutant T-Rex's massive foot."Playing chicken with a Mutant T-Rex?" Reggie asked over the radio, sounding somewhat annoyed."Kind of," Minerva said. The Mutant T-Rex turned back toward the Fire Hammer and bellowed, angrier than before."This isn't going to work forever, you know," Zach said."We're just going to have to work with it!" Minerva exclaimed. "You and Reggie keep shooting at it in the meantime." The Mutant T-Rex charged at the Fire Hammer. Minerva starting driving toward it again, Reggie peppering the beast with Xenon fire and Zach with Cosmotronic Ray fire. The blasts seemed to have little effect on the T-Rex. Minerva swerved out of its way again.Instead of stopping, the Mutant T-Rex jerked its body, swinging it's tail at Fire Hammer. "Duck!" Zach yelled. He and Minerva lowered their heads as the tail sweeped through the cab, shattering the windshield and removing the roof entirely. Zach winced as he felt rain fall on his head."You still there, Reggie?" Zach called to the gunner as he raised his head."Yeah," the gunner grumbled. Minerva lifted her head and went back to driving."It figured me out quicker than I thought," Minerva muttered as she backed the Fire Hammer away from the Mutant T-Rex."That's not going to help," Zach grimaced, firing another shot T-Rex. "It's got-" Bright red beams of power suddenly shot out of the T-Rex's eyes and torched the ground behind them. "Laser vision," he finished with an irritated sigh.Minerva scowled as she continued to drive away from the Mutant T-Rex. Lasers began to ran upon the Fire Hammer about as much as the water was. Zach felt a painful buzz in his head. Then, a plan formed in his head. "Call for back-up," Zach said as he carefully stood up in his seat."What are you going to do?" Minerva asked as she began pushing buttons."You'll see," he said. He jumped over to the back seat and reached the back of the jeep, where Reggie was continually firing at the Mutant T-Rex. Zach gripped what used to be the support for the cab roof for balance.Reggie glanced back at him. "What are you doing!?" Reggie screamed."I got a plan," was all Zach said. He waved his hand. "Come on, beastie!" he screamed to the Mutant T-Rex. "Give me your worst!" The Mutant T-Rex roared and his eyes began to glow brightly. Zach braced himself and raised his hands.The laser shot out of the Mutant Dino's eyes and shot towards Zach. Just as it was about to incinerate him, the beam suddenly turned and blasted a stray a Mutant Raptor to the left of the Fire Hammer, knocking it down.Reggie's mouth hung open in awe. "How did you do that?""Mutant T-Rexes aren't just the nastiest Mutant Dino I've seen. They're also the nastiest Stromlings I've ever seen." He hadn't considered it earlier, but since Mutant Dinos were Stromlings, he had somewhat of an influence over their Maelstrom powers."Whatever, just keeping doing whatever your doing!" Reggie fired more blasts into the Mutant T-Rex while Zach knocked away the Mutant T-Rex's laser blasts and occasionally fired a blast of his own.. However, after several minutes, fatigue began to set in. Zach found himself gasping for breath."Minerva!" Zach screamed between a gasp of breath. The T-Rex fired another laser. Zach barely managed to knock it away. He felt himself creeping upon unconsciousness. "Where...are those...rein...forcements?!" The Mutant T-Rex made a low growl noise in the back of its throat as it leaned forward, prepared to incinerate the back of the Fire Hammer in its jaw. Zach scowled, growing extremely angry. "It's laughing...the T-Rex...is laughing...son of a MegaBlok."Blam! A blast, presumably from a Cyrothermic Cannon struck the Mutant T-Rex. It stumbled to side, smashing several Mutant Lizards under its feet. it roared and glanced around, confused. Then another blast struck it, this time in the face. It screeched angrily and began to fire its lasers into the sky, where a hovering Iron Predator was firing at it. That's weird. Zach thought in a daze. A few more blasts in addition to Reggie's Xenon eventually caused the Mutant T-Rex to collapse, where it moved no more.Zach climbed back into the front seat, panting slightly as he buckled his seatbelt. "What was that?" he asked, gesturing up to the Iron Predator in the sky."Dr. Cyborg," Minerva responded. "He redesigned an Iron Predator. Calls it the Titanium Predator.""How is our unnamed-yet-plucky Fire Hammer doing?""Other than having no roof or windshield, fine.""Good." He lifted his Cosmotronic Ray back up. Without the windshield, shooting at Mutant Raptors became just a little bit easier. As he fired, he suddenly noticed a lone Minifig standing on the battlefield. He wore a black leather jacket and a Dino Attack-issued helmet with a piece of cloth over his mouth. His eyes expressed boredom as he clutched a conventional bazooka in his hand with a stack of missiles by his side."What an...excuse me," Zach muttered before correct himself. "What a moron." He gestured to the Minifig as he spoke to Minerva. "What do think this guy's up to?""I don't know, but - oh, no," Minerva's eyes widened as the man pointed the bazooka at their Fire Hammer. She tried to turn away, but was too slow as the weapon fired. However, the rocket instead hit the ground, cause a much larger explosion than the Space Marauder rocket. The Fire Hammer suddenly tilted and jerked as it went into the small crater created by the missile.Zach pushed down the airbags, rubbing his head painfully. "Are you all right?" he asked groggily.Minerva pushed down her own airbag. "Yeah." She turned the Fire Hammer's key, as its engines had stopped following the collision. However, the engine faltered. "Shoot," she murmured as she continually tried to turn the Fire Hammer's engine back."It's no use," he said, slowly climbing rising to his feet. "We need to get to another vehicle or back to the headquarters. I'm not interested in being in this battlefield on foot.""Look," Minerva muttered, pointing ahead. The man with bazooka was walking towards them, his bazooka raised and loaded, ready to attack again."First," Zach said, gripping his Cosmotronic Ray "We deal with this guy."OOC: Nobody intervene, please.

OOC: Plague and ruin! Why'd we have to have the final battle right when I'm gone three weekends in a row?And I was away when this thread hit 1000 posts. Time seems to be passing faster in-game than it has for the last couple of months. Oh well.

I'm glad to have Kat back, but I'm a little sad that this means we'll never have a Dr. Rex/Katerina Schattenberg reunion during the final battle.
Who says we won't? :sly:...Right, now I've gone and said too much.The following IC takes place at various times over the course of the previous night. Let’s start by taunting any Kattwire shippers.IC: December 20, 2010, 10:35 PM"You really should tell her your feelings, you know."Hotwire, who'd glanced up to watch Kat leave, looked back at Wright. The two of them, plus Shiller and -- until a few seconds ago -- Kat, who'd just gone out for some air, were sitting in the rec room. It was mostly empty -- most agents were either preparing for the upcoming battle or in a panic, but the four of them reasoned that it might well be their last chance ever to relax. "Say what?" "We might not make it through the day tomorrow," Wright said. "Tell her. You may never get another chance."Confusion briefly creased Hotwire's face, followed by a look of understanding. "Ah. If you mean what I think you do, then I'm afraid you have the wrong idea."Wright chuckled. "Oh, come on. This is no time to be shy. I've seen the way you two look at each other -- you really expect me to believe you're Just Friends?""No, actually," snapped Hotwire, "because that phrase has always rubbed me the wrong way. I don't know why modern society thinks that friendship is somehow worth less than romantic love, but for Builder's sake I wish they would stop devaluing friendship just because it doesn't include holding hands or snogging or whatever it is that people in relationships do. Kat and I aren't 'just' friends, because 'just' doesn't even enter into it." He paused. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to fly off the handle like that.""No hard feelings," Wright responded. "Not really following you, though. Do you...play for the other team, then, or what?""I don't think he plays for any team at all," Shiller volunteered while lying upside-down on a couch. "Back in school, I always thought he was either lying or a late bloomer when he said he never fancied anyone, but if he’s still like that now, I'm inclined to believe him."Wright looked quizzically back and forth between them. “Really? So you don’t ever get…I dunno, butterflies in your stomach, or any of that stuff?” Hotwire shook his head and braced himself for the inevitable interrogation about his mental and physical health -- it certainly wouldn't be the first time -- but to his relief, Wright simply shrugged. "Whatever, then. People are all weird." She gave Shiller's foot a whack and he tumbled off the couch. "Any weird business you think we should take care of, babe?"Shiller stood, brushing his hair away from his face with the back of his hand. "On our last night on earth? I got a few ideas." He grabbed Wright's hand and pulled her up from the couch and into his arms before turning to Hotwire. "Well, O'Neal, it's been fun, but I think we gotta go."Hotwire laughed as the pair waltzed out of the room. "No problem. I've got an undeserved reputation as a pilot to deal with."10:42 PMKat found a bit of quiet out behind the building along the docks. She’d been hearing the pestering in her head for a good fifteen minutes, and finally decided to just get the confrontation over with. Closing her eyes, she found herself in the half-light of her mind with Katerina standing before her.“I had hoped you would come to your senses, but I see you are still laboring under the delusion that you exist,” the iron-eyed woman said icily. “Given that we are one and the same, surely you must realize that you lose nothing by submitting, while the D.I.N.O. Team gains my experience.”“No, you listen,” Kat retorted, matching Katerina’s venom with her own. “You may say I don’t exist, but if I perceive myself as existing, who are you to claim I don’t? The past eight months of my life have been more or less an unending procession of existential crises, and once you get through enough of those, it makes a person pretty dang sure of who she is. And the answer to that question is ‘Not you,’ so buzz off.”When Katerina abruptly disappeared from her mind’s eye, Kat thought she was victorious. However, she reappeared seconds later. “Intriguing. I cannot tell whether my Creative Spark was split, or if a separate Spark was generated five years ago. Perhaps both.”“So what you’re saying is…”“What I am saying is that you were correct and I, in my haste, was mistaken. We are indeed two minds in one body.”“Well then,” said Kat, “since neither of us would be here if it weren’t for me, I think I’m entitled to call the shots from here on out.”“All right,” said Katerina reluctantly. “Name your terms. Perhaps we can reach a compromise.”11:21 PM“Okay by me,” Larson said. “It’ll be good to have another Elite Agent on board anyway. I used to fly cargo choppers, so they recruited me specifically to fly T-1s. I didn’t really do much to earn my rank.”“Fantastic,” Hotwire responded. “I was never that good at flying, so I didn’t do much to earn my reputation. We’ll make quite a team. And you don’t mind about the Talon II thing?”“Not at all. Like you said, it'll help morale” The two of them strolled through the hangar towards Larson’s T-1. “So how’d you get a reputation as a pilot without piloting?”Hotwire explained briefly about Kat. “Unfortunately, we discovered today that she can’t tap into machinery anymore. Probably a side-effect of Loop’s attack.” Larson nodded thoughtfully.Just then there was the rumble of an engine from the hangar doors. Larson and Hotwire turned as the roughest-looking Fire Hammer they’d ever seen pulled in. The paint had all but peeled away and there were numerous blackish-green stains on the sides.Larson’s face crinkled in distaste. “It looks like it’s been sitting at the bottom of the ocean.”Hotwire looked closer. “I think…it has been.” He grinned “You gorgeous thing!”Kat poked her head out the window. “Sorry, which of us are you talking to?”Hotwire laughed. “I haven’t the slightest idea! How is this even possible?”"Apparently, the Aqua Raiders dredged it up," Kat said, shutting off the motor and jumping out. "A ferry pulled up to the dock about ten minutes ago and dropped it off. They replaced the engine, but everything else is still mostly waterlogged.""Well then," Hotwire said, "looks like we've got our work cut out for us." Edited by Jackson Lake

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

IC: Elizabeth was slowly struggling to manage as she attempted to operate the Iron Predator. "This is a lot harder than I remember," she said."You sure you can drive in this weather?" Maria asked over the loud wind."You kiddin'?" Replied Elizabeth. "Back in the Tropical Sea I once sailed through a friggin' hurricane in floating bucket and got through alright!""Really?""Okay, that time it was just a light rain," replied Elizabeth. "But I once ran into the Maelstrom out there.""You can't be seriou-""Not that Maelstrom," replied Elizabeth. "The mythical whirlpool of death. Trust me, when you've had to navigate things like that, a little rain is nothing. Don't tell me you cowboys get scared of a little thunder!""What?" Angel Eyes asked."You're yellow aren't you?" Elizabeth asked with a slight chuckle."No," replied Angel Eyes. "Now do you have any idea where you're going?""Do you know where we're supposed to go?" Asked Elizabeth. "No, I don't," replied Angel Eyes.Firecracker started to reach into his trenchcoat, his hand itching for a stick of dynamite."I wouldn't," Angel Eyes said. "You gotta save those for when we run into trouble. Unfortunately in this fog it's hard to see."OOC: If anyone is looking to interact with my character's I'm open at the moment. By this point I got half my cast in one Iron Predator, plus I got Kate and Dude back at HQ.

OoC:Gentlemen I believe this is the beginning of a beautiful meme. Dust does not fire a gun. The bullets flee from him As for the positioning of the river I imagined there was some sort of plaza in front of the building where the fighting takes place. Separating that from the city was some sort of concrete cannel similar to that in Grease. Behind the base I envisioned a harbor where supply ships would deliver provisions directly to the base’s back dour. Hertz’s command room overlooks this aria. IC“The truck stopped.” Said Montgonal as he pointed at the lifeless vehicle below them. “Maybe you accidentally killed him.”Pharisee shook his head as he looked threw the rain. “Unlikely. If we killed him the truck would have crashed. It came to a stop. I believe Montoya is surrendering.”“What’s the plain?” asked Montgonal. “You have some cold hard justice in mind?”Pharisee shook his head. “His crimes are small compared to that of the others. But it is a crime nonetheless. Trigger and Snake could also be in the truck. They would be my priority.”“What of Montoya?” yelled Montgonal over the wind.”If the others are absent we will make him talk.” Responded the commander casually. “I believe Montoya would be willing to rat out his colleagues if we put enough stress on him.”Montgonal ran his hands threw his wet hair. This was not what he signed up for.Pharisee walked over to the boom crane on the starboard side of the helicopter. He flipped a switch and positioned it over the truck. He then advanced to one of the exterior storage compartment and withdrew three harnesses. With the gall force winds in the sky it was difficult keeping a firm footing on the slippery exterior but he soon made it back to the relative safety of the compartment.“The wind is two strong for the Typhoon to remain in one position for two long.” Said the pilot. “I don’t thing I can keep it hovering indefinitely. So make it fast and I’ll pick you up as soon as I can!”“Be prepared to leave fast.” Ordered the commander. “We may hitch a ride back in the truck!”The pilot gave his affirmative and Pharisee, Montgonal, and an Infiltrator took position by the dour. All three firmly strapped on their harnesses and prepared to jump into the tempest.“When we jump the wind will catch us so keep a firm control of the speed of your descent!” advised Pharisee. “Go too fast and you’re break your legs on the street. Keep Control!”Montgonal and the infiltrator nodded.Pharisee took hold of the cable and carabineered it two his harness. Once the ratchet system was in place he positioned himself by the dour, took a deep breath, and jumped.The swift descent was disorientating. It was impossible for Pharisee to gain a perception of speed or the distance from the ground in the incredible wind. With the incredible power of nature swirling around him he struggled to slow his fall. A sudden brown blur caught his eye and he slammed the retched with all his might.His legs collided with something metal and he allowed his knees to flex with the collision. The surface below his feet caved in with the impact and he permitted himself a moment to get his barring in the black and desolate city.At his back was the distant rumble of guns. The battle was in full swing blocks away and he quickly undid his harness and jumped from the top of Montoya’s truck. The impact had left a sizable dent and he splashed down on to solid concrete.What lay inside the truck was a mystery. The windows were fogged and water cascaded down the glass. The windshield wipers still worked at full power but they did little to quench the torrent of sleet poring down.He pulled aside his trench coat to draw his gun. Anything could be inside the vehicle and he was prepared to open fire in a moments notice. Taking aim at the driver’s side window he gave his order.“This is D.A Internal Affairs! Step out of the vehicle slowly!”Over the heavy noise of the rain Pharisee heard the faint click of the dour unlock. With his gun still trained on vehicle he watched as Montoya slowly open the dour and step outside with has hand up.“Please.” Whispered Montoya. “I’m sorry, I meant no harm. My wife…”“Your wife is of no consequence!” yelled Pharisee over the rain. “I am not swayed by you tribulations Montoya! Get on the ground!”With the rain it was difficult to see the man’s tears but Montoya wordlessly got onto his knees. “You no doubt know I am not a forgiving man!” warned Pharisee over the thunder as he pointed his gun. “So I will ask you once. Where are Trigger and Snake?”The infiltrator and Montgonal appeared behind him and glimpsed the horrifying sight of their commander pointing a gun at a man on his knees.“Pharisee!” protested Montgonal. “What are you doing? Montoya was pardoned!”The commander ignored the comment and kicked Montoya hard in the back forcing his face into a puddle.“WHERE ARE THEY!”

Hydroplaning occurs when a layer of water builds between the wheels of a vehicle and the road surface. This leads to a loss of traction that prevents the vehicle from responding to control inputs.The effect increases based on the speed of the vehicle, the intensity of the steering, and the amount of water present. As Solomon Koplowitz watched the vehicles of the Dino team careen across the pavement and collide with anything in their path he had two different reactions.Firstly was his thankfulness he was not in a vehicle at the moment. Unlike the many drivers who struggled to control their craft, Solomon bore no risk of being unable to brake and spinning helplessly into the river.However being on foot meant he was in no way protected from the crashes. At least from the safety of a driver’s seat he had the aid of seatbelts and an airbag. On the ground he frequently had to run to get out of the path of out of control Fire Hammers and Urban Avengers.The old man hit the ground hard as he ducked aside. He immediately had to pick himself up and fire at a mutant Lizard charging from his left. The beast went down and he spun around to fire two more concise bursts at a yellow variant approving from behind.A third purple lizard jumped from an unknown location and he stabbed swiftly with his sword. The weight of the mutant pushed it further down his blade and he cast it off with a quick swipe to his right.His sword collided with something metal and he quickly withdrew it from the armored form of a XERRD Space marauder. The scientist whipped out his rocket launcher and fired a blast at Solomon but he twisted aside and slammed his attacker’s helmet with the flat of his sword.He stumbled back dazed and the philosopher took the opportunity to slash at his rocket launcher. A bloody cut was sliced into the marauder’s arm and he immediately dropped the weapon. One more quick shot at the chest and the man was finished.Solomon had little opportunity to take in the victory because the butt of a gun immediately slammed him in the head. The philosopher let out a yell and splashed down onto the hard surface of the D.A plaza.He grabbed his gun and rolled over to face his attacker. It was difficult to glimpse the features in the rain but he glimpsed three distinct forms. The first two were that of hybrids clutching muskets with ax heads affixed to the end. The third was that of bearded Sorcerer warring a black turban and deep hollow sunken eyes.Solomon frowned. “Raul.”OoC: anyone is welcome to interact with Solomon or Saran. The latter is not outside yet but you are welcome to meet him in the halls.Quite frankly I’m enjoying working with Pharisee a little more then the battle. Although I have a grand plain set for Solomon, writing action is one of my weaker points. I much prefer the dark drama and character development.I came to the conclusion that Pharisee’s style of crime fighting is much like batman. Both see themselves as outside the law and both are not above intimidation and cracking sculls to set there own convoluted idea of black and white justice. Like batman, Pharisee does have his own code of ethics but they are not necessarily apparent.

That is all

OOC: This fits in just after Greybeard's speech. By the end of this post I'll be back to the present...just in time for me to leave again <_<IC: Early morning, December 21.Work on Hotwire's old Fire Hammer was finally complete. The heavy-duty Cosmotronic Ray underneath the left headlight needed some minor adjustments, but had come through surprisingly unscathed. Once this was complete, there was only the matter of painting "Talon II" along the side of Larson's T-1 ("Though what we really need is a Renaissance II," Larson had pointed out). Within minutes, agents began pouring into the hangars and garages. Shiller, jogging past with Wright, called out, "O'Neal! I better be seeing you tomorrow!""Count on it!" Hotwire yelled back, as he followed Larson and Kat up into the T-1. When he reached the deck, Larson was already strapping himself in, but Kat, noticing the difficulty of climbing a ladder with only one real leg, stopped to help him up."Listen, I just have to say something." Kat spoke quickly. "Ever since we first met, I've just felt like we understand each other somehow. I think...znap, I don't know how else to say it. You're the best friend I've ever had." She paused, seeing the look on Hotwire's face, and added. "Sorry if this is weird. I just had to mention it, given that we might all die today."Hotwire smiled. "I don't think it's weird. I could have said the exact same thing to you. Whether or not either of us see the sun set again, it's been really splendid knowing you."With that, they embraced for the briefest of moments, and then strapped in.------------------------Naming a Fire Hammer was undoubtedly even more unconventional than naming a T-1, but that didn't stop Hotwire from christening his old and unintentionally amphibious vehicle, especially in light of the agent he was giving it to.Helm stuck a small photo of April and Jason in the dashboard, then revved the engine of Tracer's Vindication as the charge began.------------------------NowDespite a lengthy MIA period, plus a condition of undeath that made it difficult for those maintaining the database to decide whether to register him as KIA despite the fact that he was now back IA again, Swerve was still an Elite Agent in the D.I.N.O. Attack Team, and as such, requisitioning an Iron Predator didn't take much effort. He pulled up to the defensive line around the building, and glanced back at Shiller and Wright. The two were just reaching the end of a rather lengthy kiss, after which Shiller climbed easily up to the gunner's seat.Wright cracked her knuckles. "Bring 'em on," she muttered. "We're as ready as we're gonna get."------------------------Mort caused a few heads to turn in surprise when he joined the medics in the infirmary they were setting up."Pardon me for asking," Pierce said, walking over, "but how do you expect to help, given that you're in forensics and not medical?""I know how bodies work," the Alpha Team agent replied. "Living or dead, there's little difference. What's life, anyway? Nature's way of keeping meat fresh. The only difference is that you need anesthetics when the body on the table is alive.""Unless your name is Dietrich Luzwheit," a nearby medic muttered.Mort shot the man a glare. "Do not speak ill of spoiling meat."------------------------The Talon II brought down everything it had on the pterosaurs. Larson, seeing some of the beasts begin to take an interest in the lower-flying Titanium Predator, swooped in lower to provide Dr. Cyborg with some cover, courtesy of the Plarxx Radar Ray.At the same time, Kat spotted two very definitely black Fire Hammers darting erratically across the battlefield, and her heart lurched up into her throat. Fortunately, she soon heard several Elites yelling at B's squad over the open comm and put two and two together. She added her own two cents to the cavalcade of criticism."Ole's whiskers, B, you couldn't have picked a different colour scheme? You had me thinking ShadowTech was back."OOC: No, but seriously, crazy, painting DA vehicles black might not have been the best of decisions, considering what happened in the first few months of the war :PEDIT: A Mutant Lizard will fall for the same trick twice if Dust is the one tricking it.The reason Raptor force fields are susceptible to Cosmotronic Rays is that Cosmotronic Rays are powered by minute samples of Dust's DNA.Dust can drown a fish.

Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

anyone is welcome to interact with Solomon or Saran. The latter is not outside yet but you are welcome to meet him in the halls.
OOC: Kate could probably use a few sessions with Dr. Saran. Somehow I'd imagine finding out your mother lied to you (even with good reason) that your Uncle was dead when he was actually institutionalized, watching the one man who knew everything die suddenly right in front of her, watching your own mother beat a man senseless in front of you and then bludgeon a woman who was trying to break up the fight, and then finding out that the doctor you've been so close to is your biological father all at once would do a few things to you, though it probably would be more likely that he would go to Kate than vise versa.
Quite frankly I’m enjoying working with Pharisee a little more then the battle. Although I have a grand plain set for Solomon, writing action is one of my weaker points. I much prefer the dark drama and character development.
I kinda feel the same way myself.IC: "I don't know," Montoya said. Pharisee proceeded to kick him. "You expect me to believe that?" Pharisee asked, menacingly. "We saw you get into that truck with them, you must have left them somewhere.""Look," Montoya said as he slowly struggled to sit up. "I'm just trying to get hom-'He was promptly kicked to the ground by Pharisee."Sir," Montgonel said as he approached Pharisee. "That's a free man.""He is a criminal," replied Pharisee. "Even if you were pardoned it doesn't excuse him for what he did."Montoya looked up at the men in fear and confusion. "They're in a bar," he said. "Enderman's or something. I don't know. Apparently the bartender was a old friend of Trigger's."

IC:X2 stepped forward and spoke in Minifig. "That's enough. You have the information you want, now leave.""No," Pharisee countered, "I will arrest him.""For what?" X2 asked. "Desertion? He was never a part of the team. Assault on Agent Claw? He was pardoned. What else could you think of, hm?""For aiding Trigger and Snake in their desertion," Pharisee said. Montgonel was just standing back, watching the show."No. You have your information. Now leave him alone. He is under my protection." X2 drew his katana, to show that he was serious and not bluffing. Pharisee ran at X2, trying to knock him down, but X2 slapped him to the side with the flat of the blade.-------------------------------------Pterosaurs were swarming around the Titanium Predator, but a T-1 came and knocked them out. Nodding his thanks, Dr. Cyborg noticed through a wireless connection with X2 that he was in a disagreement with Pharisee. Smirking that his authority now had a use, He connected to X2.-------------------------------------X2 suddenly took on the appearance of Dr. Cyborg, though he still held his own weapons."Enough!" Dr. Cyborg yelled. "We are in a major battle, in case you haven't noticed. There are bigger things than three mercenaries. Pharisee, as an Elite Agent, I order you to stand down!"

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC: The rain at this point was making the roads a little slippery to drive through. But after a few occasions where Infomaniac had made LEGO Island rain just so the racers could have a bit more of a challenge, Andrew had a better hang at what he was doing."Just watch the extreme turns, guys," he told the other agents over the radio, "and you'll be fine."The current mess of vehicles, though in a bit of chaos due to Dino swarming and the need to adapt quickly to the wet roads, was managing to hold themselves together. Andrew was a bit disappointed that they didn't have anything like what the T-1s were using to overwhelm various Mutant Pterosaurs, but so far, his vehicle was holding up. Not only were Laxus and Pterisa doing well at their jobs, but they had picked up an extra ally, an agent named Catless, who was now manning the Xennon turret while Pterisa provided electrical cover on its blind side.Through the Raptors and Lizards, Andrew could see the various Mutant T-Rexes trying to break the ranks into bits. They were succeeding here and there, but with some creative use of weaponry and tactics, some agents were managing to confuse or stun them enough to provide enough of a barrage of fire to knock them down. At least one team of Fire Hammers, who Andrew picked up from communications to be Greybeard, King Race & his son, was working on the creature that was Dr. Rex himself, apparently trying to distract them with a tactic of racing-strafe around the beast who's mind less and less resembled that of a man."I certainly hope they know what they're doing with him," Laxus observed between bumps of the car. "That's textbook definition of bullying the dragon, maybe even mugging the monster.""Greybeard's lasted long enough to know how to survive," said Andrew, "even if he can get cocky. And Dr. Rex's mind is said to be weakening. Maybe he'll go insane and he'll be not much more than a T-Rex in fancy armor.""Speaking of those dinos," Catless added from the turret. "I heard people saying that what you did back at that temple in Adventurers Island effectively wiped all Maelstrom from the planet. Shouldn't that mean its not a part of the Mutant Dinos anymore? Could it not have left an effect in its absence?""It's not gone completely from them, or from me for that matter," said Pterisa. "It's in too deep in our bodies to simply be removed like that.""Well, hopefully its not enough for the Darkling or Baron or whatever to come back," said Andrew. "I've had enough of the Maelstrom for at least a decade.""Agreed," said Laxus, who turned back to the comn.More broadcasts were coming in about the ranks. Hotwire was now in the air with the Talon II, and Helm was making his presence known with a Fire Hammer dubbed Tracer's Vengance. B and his team were in, recognizable with their black-colored vehicles. Elizabeth, along with several other agents like Pyro, Demoman and Angel Eyes, was now part of a team proclaiming themselves the Third Headquarters Squad, and driving in via Iron Predator. Andrew didn't know if all the naming-after-dead-or-destroyed things was an entirely good decision to make, but if they lasted long enough to kick some serious Dino behind, that was fine with him.Comn broadcasts seemed to agree:"Alright, shows those guys! Take us down, several dozen show up in our place!""Maybe I should rename my vehicle the Cheese Factory II.""Can we just concentrate fire on the guy in charge? He can't be made of iron, can he?""Who the Megablok's deflecting T-Rex eye beams?!""I punched a Hybrid in the face! Awesome!""That reminds me, if Hotwire's not dating Kat, I should try for her.""Arr! Send these beasties to the bottom of th' river!""I'm fightin' in the rain! Just fightin' in the rain! What a glorious feeling, I'm happy again!""Gotta love these guys and their attitude, huh?" Laxus remarked.

Edited by Andrewnuva199

OOC:Mutant T-Rexs developed laser vision because they could not get close enough to Dust to harm him any other way.IC:Dr. Rex was mad. The battle was supposed to be simple. The Dino Attack team would come out, see his unstoppable army, then run away screaming like little girls. This was taking far too long. In addition to that, there were three people driving around him in circles, annoying him. It was time to play his ace in the hole. He activated the radio built into his armor."Dr. Glados, it is time. Teleport Cyrista's Bane into battle, yeeessssss." Dr. Rex signed off.------------------------------------Confusion swept across the Dino Attack ranks. Why would the Mutant Dinos, and especially Dr. Rex, just turn and leave. It wasn't long before they heard a T-Rex roar. However, it was louder than usual, and it also had an electronic screech to it. As everybody was wondering what this was, a strange T-Rex came around a corner on the far side of the field of rubble.Dr. Cyborg groaned as he recognized the dinosaur. It looked like Dr. Rex, but was larger. One side of its face was completely covered with armor. It had an electronic eye. Long metallic limbs were grafted onto its forearms, quadrupling their reach. Its legs had pistons half inside them, making them more powerful. Its tail had an extending grappler attached. (Think Clawshot from Twilight Princess, where the chain is like an elephant's trunk, it can twist and bend.) It's armor was as powerful as Dr. Rex's. It's voicebox had been mechanically augmented to screw up radios in the near vicinity when it roared. And, if the bio-mechanical augmentations weren't enough, the base Mutant T-Rex had been made to grow larger, faster, and stronger.Dr. Rex had built Dr. Cyborg's design for a bio-mechanically augmented Mutant T-Rex, and sent it into battle. Oh, joy.----------------------------------------"Hey, Laxus?" Andrew asked."Yes?" Laxus replied."Remember when you said a cyborg dinosaur would be cool to see? Did you have to jinx us? Did you have to!?"

Edited by avmatoran

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC: Can't write IC at the moment, avmatoran, but I would prefer it if Dr. Rex's forces did not retreat yet (i.e. they are still there, battling us, when the Cyrista's Bane appears).

OOC:Whoops, sorry about that. I fixed it.

Edited by avmatoran

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC: The first surprise of the day was here, and to Semick's eyes, it was nearly as ridiculous as it was frightening.He immediately went for the radio. "Dr. Cyborg, might you know anything about this... thing?"The good doctor's voice came crackling in after several moments of static. "*ktzzzz* like something I design back in my XERRD days. He must've finally put it to use.""Well, if it's your blueprints that went into that, surely you must know a few weaknesses in the build that could let you take it down easily?""Of course, but Dr. Rex might've done some serious tweaking with my work, so I'm not fully sure what Cyrista's Bane is capable of at this point.""Then I'd suggest you get to work. And let some agents help you out, I don't want you handling this entirely alone.""Understood."Semick then tweaked the signal back common signal. "All agents, focus on keeping your distance from the cybernetic dinosaur! Dr. Cyborg will focus on taking it down, but he might want a few of you to help, so be alert for that! However, I want some T-1s and IPs providing support for them! Everyone else, just keep defending our forces from the rest of the army! I don't want any of you forgetting that practically every Mutant Dino XERRD has made is still at our doorstep!"--------------"You still remember that?" Laxus asked. "Wow.""Oh, just forget it," said Andrew. "You heard what Semick said, we need to stay away from that thing and keep defending the HQ."As Andrew drove back towards the river, where the Mutant DInos had somewhat let up their forces when they were waiting for the cybernetic T-Rex to drop in, Laxus turned his focus back to the radio.The comn chatter was something like this:"That is one, big, ugly, mother-""Now this is even MORE like Dino Cop 4!""Did anyone else's radio spike in buzz during that thing's roar?""I need some good music for this.""Where the Znap is Zachary?!""Hold the line, mateys!""Kukukukukukukukukukuku...""Nerve, nerve, nerve!"Propted by one of those broadcasts, Laxus decided to try and reach one of their comrades. "Zach, this is Laxus, what's your status?"

IC:"What in the name of Jørgen Vig Knudstorp is that?" Zach questioned in awe as he looked at the new massive arrival."I don't know," Minerva began. "But-"Suddenly, the radio crackled. Zach could hear pieces of conversations coming out of it. Finally, he heard, "-ach....Laxus...status?"Zach frowned. "Repeat." He glanced at the Minifig in the leather jacket, who was glancing at the newcomer with mixed interest.The signal came in much clearer. "What's your status?" It was Laxus."Someone fired a bazooka at us. Not really sure who it is. Definitely Minifig, but no Paradox gear. I can't see if he's wearing one of those guard uniforms those Mooks wore back at the fortress. The point is, we're in a hole, the engines dead, and we got a hostile-""Reggie," Minerva whispered in horror.Zach watched in horror as Reggie ran up to the Minifig in the leather jacket, prepared to take him down. The man turned back to the Fire Hammer, an eyebrow raised in amusement. As Reggie pulled his fist back for a punch, the man waved his arm in a circular motion, striking Reggie in the chest. The gunner fell back, clutching his chest. The man spun the knife in his hand briefly before bending down, looking at Reggie briefly, then cutting his throat.Minerva gasped. "Our gunner was just killed," Zach said. "Minerva and I are going to engage the hostile.""Alright," Laxus said. "Contact us when he's taken down.""Will do," Zach said before turning his attention back to the the man. The man rose back to his feet, wiped the blood from his blade, and started walking briskly toward the Fire Hammer. As he approached, he discarded the bazooka, pocketed the knife, and revealed a handgun.He jumped on to the Fire Hammer's hood and pointed his weapon at Zach. Zach pointed his Cosmotronic Ray at him and fired The man ducked from the attack, his eyes narrowing. He rose and lunged at Zach, knocking him from his feet.Zach winced with pain as the man belted him with two punches. The man moved his head close to Zach's, squinting. His eyes suddenly widened as he was pulled off of Zach by Minerva, causing him to drop his gun. She turned the man so he faced her and punched him hard in the cheek. The man grabbed Minerva's neck and forcefully shoved her over the front seat and into the back.The man felt the back of his neck being tugged again, this time by Zach. Zach gripped the man tightly, turned sharply, and shoved him over the passenger door and on to the wet ground. Zach jumped on to the ground as the man was standing up. The man began reaching into his pocket. Zach responded with a quick punch in the face with his right hand.The man stumbled back, clutching his forehead. "What the-" he groaned. His eyes then widened in sudden realization as he stared at Zach's right hand. "You!" the man hissed. Likewise, the man finally speaking allowed Zach to recognize his identity.The man lunged at Zach, wrapping his hand tightly around his throat. "Let's have a nice little chat, eh? Just like old times?" Zach could only gasp for breath as the man grip tightened. The man chuckled. "Right then. Let's go." Pushing Zach ahead of him, the man started moving in the direction of the river. Zach struggled fruitlessly against the man grip, desperately choking for air. He contemplated briefly shooting a ball of Maelstrom into his face, but couldn't concentrate enough energy. Finally, he succumbed to the lack of oxygen and fell into unconsciousness.*****************************Minerva rose to her feet painfully, rubbing her temple. Whoever that man was had not been gentle when throwing her into a pile of supplies in the backseat. She climbed over to the front seat and glanced around. No sign of Zach or the man."Zach?" she called out. She hopped out of the Fire Hammer and searched all around it, careful not to attract the attention of the numerous Mutant Dinos around it. Nothing.Is he-? She couldn't bring herself to finish the thought. She swallowed painfully, then tried to reassure herself. "He isn't dead," she muttered. "There's no body. That guy must have captured him. He's captured. He's still alive." She repeated those words to herself multiple times. "He'll find a way out. He's smart."She glanced towards Reggie's motionless body. Even if Zach was alive, she was still alone with a dead Fire Hammer surrounded by Mutant Dinos. They haven't noticed her yet, but that what change soon enough. I need to find help.As Minerva climbed back into the Fire Hammer, the radio crackled back to life. "Zach?" it was Laxus again. "Have you dealt with the hostile?"Minerva took up the radio. "Zach and the hostile are M.I.A.," she said, feeling her voice crack slightly. "The gunner's dead. The Fire Hammer is more or less busted. I need help."There was silence. "We'll try to find you.""I'm with the Fire Hammer half buried into the earth.""Noted. Take care of yourself until we reach you.""Will do." Minerva turned away from the radio and moved to the back to the Xenon Launcher. She scowled seeing that it had been damaged from various Mutant T-Rex blasts and the crash. She moved to the backseat and found her Sonic Screamer crushed and broken."What-?" Then she glanced at the minigun Zach had decided to take "just in case". It had fallen on to her Sonic Screamer and damaged it. She lifted up the massive six-barrel machine gun with all of her strength and threw it on the dashboard, which created a good-size dent. Minerva remembered Zach using this weapon before they went to find Pyro and Demoman. It fired rapidly and could probably decimate a massive horde of Mutant Lizards with ease.I guess I'll use this. Minerva briefly searched the back seat and found a bandolier that she threw over her shoulder. She then stepped on to the hood and lifted the massive weapon up. Her muscles strained as she held the weapon tight in her grip, waiting for her first enemy.She didn't have to wait long. A red-colored Mutant Lizard eventually noticed her and moved toward her cautiously. The barrel began spinning. Then, it fired. Minerva stepped back and tightened her grip on the weapon, surprised by the force of the weapon. The Mutant Lizard screeched and turned around to flee, only for the machine gun to tear several holes into the lizard, causing it to collapse.Minerva bent over, resting the minigun on the hood as its rotating barrels came to a stop. This thing is powerful, but ridiculously heavy. She lifted her head and saw more Mutant Lizards converging on her. She swore as she lifted the weapon back into firing position. "You better hurry up, Laxus." Minerva growled under the strain of the weapon as the barrel began to rotate again, ready to take no prisoners.

OOC:

Talon II was in the air, though Hotwire himself was manning a Fire Hammer named Tracer's Vengeance.
You skimmed, I can tell :P Hotwire is on the Talon II. Helm is the one in the Fire Hammer, which is actually called Tracer's Vindication.I'm loving your comm chatter, though. I might try my hand at that.IC soon. Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC:I forgot to explain why Dr. Rex went, "yeeeesssss" in my post. I imagine him like Transformers: Beast Wars Megatron.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC: "Sounds like Zach met somebody with a grudge," Andrew remarked as he maneuvered through the battlefield. Laxus had managed to use the radio signal from Minevra's broadcasts and locked on it with his PDA's GPS system. They were now converging through Mutant Dinos and vehicles in an attempt to reach it."Who could he have left?" Laxus asked. "That Scratch guy is long dead, and whatever Stromling guys he met have to be gone as well.""Might be something from his time with the Agents. Regardless, let's focus right now on keeping his companion okay."With one last swerve of the vehicle (and a small slide on the slippery pavement), Andrew managed to get his comrade's busted Fire Hammer in sight. Minerva was in a standoff with several Mutant Lizards and at least one Mutant Raptor, utilizing a heavy machine gun to the best of her ability. Their vehicle managed to push through several of the Lizards, while Catless managed to keep busy shooting the others with the Xennon launcher.The Mutant Raptor tried to make a charge for the Elite Agent, but a blast of Pterisa's lightning managed to stop it in its tracks long enough for Laxus to give it a good shot with the Cosmotronic Ray, leaving it vulnerable as the Fire Hammer rammed into it and Catless took over.MInerva quickly tossed asside the minigun she was using (which landed with a heavy impact on the hood of her Fire Hammer) and made the quick dash to Andrew's vehicle. She managed to pull open a door, hop inside, and get it closed just as a Mutant T-Rex started taking an interest in the scene. Andrew quickly made for a quick getaway before it could take enough notice of them."Thanks for coming to my aid again," Minerva said between pants. "Guess I'll be working in here for the time being.""Would you like to take up using this for me?" Laxus said while offering her the Cosmotronic Ray. "It helps to be able to monitor the systems without having to divert one's attention to firing."Sure," she said, taking it."Sorry to say we can't really go after Zach right now," Andrew muttered. "We have no clue where he went, and we're a bit busy with the battle.""I understand," Minerva said with a sigh. "But he's gotten out of tough situation before. I think we'll just have to have faith in him.""I'll just inform everyone on the matter."-----------------"Current status update: Zachary is MIA after an ambush by an unknown assailant. Minerva is riding with us for the time being. Andrew out.""Well, bugger.""That sounds like a personal problem. Fine time for it.""What the Znap is that bad doctor's armor made of?""Thank goodness I brought some Brickolini's with me.""I could really use an Orchania right now!""Someone tell these Iron Predators to watch where they're going!""Yikes! I almost ran over Ed Mail!"Semick groaned at the news. After firing at another couple Mutant Pterosaurs, he took up the radio and said "Hotwire, Rotor, Cabin, see if any of you can spare more aid to the ground crew at the river. With Zach gone and Minerva having to stay with Andrew, I'm gonna need another Elite to try and help organize the UA and FH crews. And having the air advantage might be of help. Just watch the T-Rex eye beams."

Edited by Andrewnuva199

OOC: I understand that writing action is definitely more challenging than writing peacetime. I myself have this difficulty as well. I tend to find that listening to the right music really helps writing. For instance, right now, I'm listening to "I Don't Think Now's The Best Time" by Hans Zimmer.Andrewnuva... I gotta say, I get such a kick out of reading your comm chatter. All the references, mythology gags, and funny quotes make it a very amusing read. That is how one effectively includes comic relief in such an intense battle.Oh, would you look at that? It's another thunderstorm outside my house. Perfect weather, combined with perfect music... let's battle!IC: "What in tarnation?" Greybeard heard King Joseph Race gasp over the radio. "Not even the Space Knights' greatest technology could match up to that thing!""Ignore it!" shouted Greybeard into the communication device. "Just focus on th' one in th' silver armor! Just a few more rounds ought t' do it, me hearties!" As he said this, he turned the wheel, and his Fire Hammer skidded over wet pavement as it began another round around the Mutant T-Rex in silver armor.Dr. Rex was visibly angered and frustrated by the three Fire Hammers. When he tried to focus on smashing one, another would fire its Xenon Multi-Mode Launcher at him. Greybeard did not know the name of the Dino Attack agent who was manning his Xenon Launcher, and decided that this was for the best. Anyone could die in this battle, and it was no use getting attached to anyone at this point. Still, Greybeard circled around the Mutant T-Rex as his gunner pelted the Mutant T-Rex with sonics, energy, and other modes of the Xenon. Now, more than ever, he was thankful that he ever participated the LEGO Racers championship of 1999.Lightning flashed, and the Mutant T-Rex roared in fury. As thunder rolled across the heavens, Dr. Rex slammed his foot down in Greybeard's path. Greybeard swerved out of the way just in time, splashing water everywhere as the Fire Hammer drove through a puddle. The rain pelted his windshield, but the old pirate could see just fine in the storm, even with only one good eye. The Mutant T-Rex was momentarily distracted as pellets of energy were fired from Sam Race's Fire Hammer.Greybeard's plan was doing the trick. The Mutant T-Rex was becoming increasingly confused, and although his silver armor protected him, he was starting to weaken. "Now!" shouted Greybeard over the radio.A Fire Hammer driven by an Egyptian agent named Anubis sped into action. However, this was not a standard issue Fire Hammer, but rather the Dino 4WD Trapper sub-model used primarily for capturing and transporting Mutant Lizards. In battle, the Dino 4WD Trapper was not nearly as strong as the Fire Hammer, but it had one thing that a Fire Hammer did not, and that was a hook and cable. While Greybeard, King Joseph Race, and Sam Race's Fire Hammers continued to distract the Mutant T-Rex, Anubis's Dino 4WD Trapper unleashed the hook and cable, wrapping it around one of the Mutant T-Rex's legs. Then, the Dino 4WD Trapper drove in a tight ring around the Mutant T-Rex.Dr. Rex bellowed and fired its laser vision at King Race's Fire Hammer. It tried to take a step forward, but its legs were tightly bound by the work of Anubis. Lightning streaked across the sky, but its thunder was unheard over the sound of the mighty Mutant T-Rex as it tripped and felt down upon the ground below."Drink up, me hearties!" proclaimed Greybeard. "Dr. Rex, th' Mutant T-Rex in silver armor, be fallen!" Over the comm, Greybeard heard a number of voices in response:"Dr. Rex himself? I thought he was invincible!""Ah, come on! This party was only getting started!""Already? That's kind of an anti-climax boss.""Am I the only one happy about this Xen Syndrome?""Yeah. Whenever you're ready, we've got a cybernetic T-Rex on our hands!"Dr. Rex was struggling to get up, but under the weight of his armor and the rope around his legs, he found it difficult to do so. Greybeard drove his Fire Hammer past the fallen Mutant T-Rex, shaking his hook at the creature as he passed his eye. "Hah!" barked Greybeard. "Take that, Dr. Rex! Ye be not so tough now, says I!"The Mutant T-Rex glared at Greybeard with anger, but with the eyes of a wild animal rather than the cold fury of a mad scientist. Greybeard found himself amused that Dr. Rex, who had been built up to be terrifyingly intelligent and insane at the same time, was little more than a maddened beast. Oh, how the mighty have fallen, mused Greybeard.Greybeard turned his wheel, and he, King Race, Sam Race, and Anubis moved to join the others in battle against the cybernetic T-Rex. However, Greybeard heard a distinct sound over the sound of the storm: the sound of many Mutant Dinos moving and roaring at once. But where he thought he heard the Mutant Dinos made no sense, as all the Mutant Dinos were still trying to cross the river, and yet he thought he heard the Mutant Dinos from behind him...Greybeard slammed his foot on the brake. In horror, he turned over his shoulder to look at the section of LEGO City behind him which, thanks to the work of the front lines, remained largely untouched by the Mutant Dino army. There, just a block away, was a staircase which descended beneath the sidewalk, presumably leading to a subway station. The realization caused Greybeard to gasp."They be in the subway!" Greybeard shouted into the radio. "They be-"He was cut off as a Mutant T-Rex burst out of the subway entrance. This one, much like the one that Greybeard had just taken down, wore silver armor, but the armor was of a more intricate design and more heavily protected the Mutant T-Rex's skin. It was also a slightly different hue, which did not look quite silver, or at least the silver that an old pirate such as Greybeard was used to. The Mutant T-Rex glanced in Greybeard's direction and saw that the Dino Attack Team's front lines were preoccupied with the cybernetic T-Rex and the Mutant Dino army that was still trying to cross the river. With that, the Mutant T-Rex made a sound that sounded far more disturbing than a growl or a roar... but rather, like a sinister chuckle. Then, Greybeard recognized a look of cold intelligence mixed with complete madness in the Mutant T-Rex's eyes."No..." whispered Greybeard. The Mutant T-Rex in silver armor that crossed the river was only a red herring, he realized.With that, the true Dr. Rex lifted his head towards the sky and roared. Swarms of Mutant Lizards and packs of Mutant Raptors emerged from the subway station and gathered at his feet, eager to tear apart some Dino Attack agents. One group of Mutant Raptors, the coldest and most devious hunters of the Mutant Dinos, apparently smelled fresh meat, as they immediately turned and entered a nearby bar with the name "ENDERSON'S".Greybeard picked up the radio. "Rex!" he reported. "Dr. Rex an' a group o' Mutant Dinos got past th' front lines by usin' th' subway system! Me men be surrounded, wi' Mutant Dinos on both sides now! An' we got some cyber-somethin' T-Rex tearin' through our men!"OOC: Sent a few Mutant Raptors your way, Atton. Seemed like the perfect response to Snake and Trigger ditching us in our darkest hour.

Edited by PeabodySam

"Buckin' called it!""...What?""I knew it was too good to be true.""Shut up and regroup, we're not all just nameless redshirts here to scream like pussies before getting killed!""It's a tr-*SMACK* No lame jokes!""You know, we really should've blocked that subway.""This calls for more Murray Gold!""Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death..."With some reluctance, Semick began moving away from Dino Attack HQ. He left the duty of focusing defenses on it to Reptile, who seemed to have it covered for the time being.The second surprise had come, and as the old saying went, "nothing beat the classics." Dr. Rex had used a decoy for the initial assault, and was now (appearing, anyways. At this point, having a clone army of himself wasn't implausible) leading another legion of Mutants out of the ruins of the old subway system, likely using the old route Rex had used to discover his operations months ago. Though Semick hadn't quite advised it, it seemed many forces had gathered around Greybeard's effort to take down the decoy, and several others were trying to aid Dr. Cyborg however they could, there was a clear weak point between them and the IP legion watching over HQ. Weak, but not reinforcable.I'll show you we're not the predictable pushovers you think we are, Semick thought. Grabbing the radio, he began giving out more orders. "Andrew, Minerva, start giving Greybeard's men a hand at getting their defense back together! Dr. Cyborg, get yourselves and your men prepared for another angle of assult! Rex, stay there and hold the line from Dr. Rex's dinos until the front lines can pull themselves together! Hotwire, Rotor, Cabin, provide air support wherever you can around the river and IP lines! Reptile, hold the HQ cover and see if you have any more tricks up your sleve! Hertz, start reaching out and see if Alpha Team or Agents have any support teams coming in to aid! Everyone else, act as necessary wherever you're fighting to prevent your deconstruciton, as usual!"With that, Semick called together several nearby T-1s and advised them to follow him. He was beginning to form a plan regarding this new wave, and he needed to avoid being spotted before it was too late."Uh, Semick," Bluetooth asked. "What is it you have in mind?""Just seeing if we too can pull off the same trick more than once."------------"Alright, pay up," said one of the agents within the headquarters sniper post. Several others grumbled as they got out various bits of change from their pocket."I'll have to admit, that was quite a spectacle," said an agent who had introduced himself as Shotgun earlier.Stranger looked out at the giant metal-covered hulk that was the boss of the enemy forces. "Definitively looks like he has himself covered," he muttered."I'll say," said the agent who had been drinking earlier. "I've shot a few bullets at him and his decoy, but they practically ricochet off him! The stuff's nigh-impregnable.""That why you aim at the weak points for massive critical damage," said Stranger."Where?!""The eyes, armor creaks, maybe a couple in the mouth. It's simple stuff."Stranger got down back on his knees and began aiming his fancy new laser rifle. "Just watch what the pro does, son."

IC:A group of agents were assaulting Cyrista's Bane, but with little effect. Cortana(2) and Cortana(3) were circling it, distracting it with the Cryothermic Cannon. Dr. Cyborg was trying to think back two weeks ago, when he made the blueprints. It was hard to remember, but getting a deadly injury and being rebuilt as a cyborg without you remembering will do that to you.Semick's orders came in, and Dr. Cyborg rebroadcast them, saying he would pick the agents to assist him. He started to think, who would he need? X1, Zelda and Nazareno to start with. He had heard Solomon Koplowitz had defected. He was good with a sword, he remembered. He tried to think if there was anyone else he needed.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC: Music is definitively good. I've thrown together a playlist featuring various "epic" battle-type pieces, including works from Island Xtreme Stunts, Star Trek (2009), Super Mario Galaxy, LEGO Universe, Final Fantasy, and whatever I find that sounds good for a battle. Thanks for reminding me to add "I Don't Think Now's The Best Time", PeabodySam.IC:Nazareno watched as the true Dr. Rex led more Mutant Dinos into the battle with dismay. He knew Dr. Rex was going to pull a few tricks in his desperation to defeat the Dino Attack Team, but this was unprecedented.Nazareno slammed his sword down on to the neck of a Mutant Lizard trying to attack his Steel Sprinter, killing it instantly. His plan of himself and Zelda heading right into the fray was working so far, but with this new group, he might have to take more unprecedented action."Zelda," he said, speaking with her through an radio headset built into his mask. "Where are you?"Silence. Then, "Near the river with a nasty pack of Mutant Raptors."Nazareno nodded. "I'll be there in a moment." He turned Steel Sprinter and started moving toward the river. He soon found three Urban Avengers with Cosmotronic Rays attached to them opposed to Sonic Screamers attacking a pack of seven Mutant Raptors who seemed to be ignoring the buggies in preference to something in the center of their group. He approached an Urban Avenger, who's driver was concentrating on one Mutant Raptor."Do you know where Agent Zelda is?" he asked. The Urban Avenger ignored him as he shot down a Mutant Raptor. Then he turned to him."Who? The ninja girl?" Nazareno nodded. The driver gestured into the center of the Mutant Raptor pack, which had dwindled down to four. "She's in there. Me and my lads are helping her get rid of those force fields."Interested, Nazareno stood up on Steel Sprinter and leaped on to a Mutant Raptor's back. The dinosaur didn't seem to notice as it continued to snap at its prey. Nazareno smiled with amusement as three Mutant Raptors attempted to attack a fourth. He could see a silver sword jabbed into the eye of the fourth as it screeched in anger and pained. He finally saw Zelda, who was laying on her stomach on the Mutant Raptor's head, one hand gripping the skin around the corners of the raptor's mouth and the other holding her other sword.As the Mutant Raptor's companions tried to attack Zelda while injuring their ally. Zelda moved herself until she was hanging on to the Mutant Raptor by the skin of the lower corners of its mouth. Zelda then shoved her sword into the roof of the monster's mouth. The raptor groaned and collapsed. Zelda quickly pulled both swords from the raptor's body and turned to the remaining Mutant Dinos.She quickly dispatched the first Raptor as she stabbed it in the foot with one sword and in the stomach with the other. The second Raptor's force field hadn't been taken out yet, so Zelda dodged its attacks until one of the Urban Avengers finally eliminated the shield. Zelda then jumped forward and stabbed into the maw and neck of the raptor. She turned and rolled to the side as the raptor Nazareno stood on swiped at her with its claws.Might as well. Nazareno raised both of his swords and slammed them hard into the skull of the Mutant Raptor. He felt vibrations travel from his swords through his person as he heard a very audible crack. He saw Zelda and one of the Urban Avenger drives flinch at the sound. He stayed on the mutant's head until it fell to the ground in a dead heap. He pulled his swords out carefully and stepped on to the ground in front of Zelda."Excellent work," Nazareno said, looking at the carnage with a mixture of distaste and approval. "You have far exceeded by expectations."He saw Zelda's cheeks becoming red again. "Thanks," she said. "So what's the issue?"He pointed towards the massive cybernetic T-Rex and the Mutant T-Rex in silver armor at the subway station entrance. "That," he said to the cybernetic T-Rex. "and the first Mutant T-Rex in the armor was a red herring. That one at the subway appears to be the real Dr. Rex.""The guy certainly has a thing for red herrings, doesn't he?" Zelda noted."The whole darn organization has a thing for red herrings," one of the Urban Avenger drivers muttered."Anyway," Nazareno continued. "The battlefield is now effectively surrounded by Mutant Dinos. I recommend staying together for the time being since I am unsure how many more tricks Dr. Rex has up his sleeve.""Sounds fine with me.""Good." Nazareno turned to the three Urban Avenger drivers. "Gentlemen-" There was loud cough from a thin woman with short red hair. "Lady and Gentlemen. Would you care to accompany us? We could use your skill and Cosmotronic Rays."The red-haired woman shrugged. "Why not? 'Names Parr."A large man with, curiously, well-kept blue hair, nodded as well. "Might as well. My name is Sullivan. How about you, Fredricksen?"A short, white-haired older-looking man with black, thick-rimmed glasses waved his hand. "Bah, sure. Whatever.""Very well." Nazareno returned to his Steel Sprinter. He turned his head and saw Zelda looking sheepishly at him. "You've lost your 'Sprinter?""Maybe?" she said in a light, joking matter. Nazareno rolled his eyes but gestured her over to his Steel Sprinter. She sliced off the transparent blue dish off the back and climbed on board, gripping Nazareno's shoulder with one hand."What was that dish-thing even for?" Zelda asked.Nazareno shrugged and turned to Parr, Sullivan, and Fredrickson. "We are heading to the pirate's group to aid in the reconstruction of the defenses. We will hope that the Iron Predators and other defenses will take care of XERRD's newest reinforcements."'The pirate'?" Zelda whispered into his ear. His eyes narrowed."Greybeard," he said coldly. "Now, let's ride!" With that, the Steel Sprinter and the Urban Avengers started moving back into the battle.

Edited by Brikman McStudz

IC: As helpful as she tried to be, Kate still felt a strange sense of isolation, as the noise of battle continued outside."You alright," said a voice from behind. Kate turned to see the familiar figure of Nicholas Saran. "I'm fine," she said."Look," replied Nicholas. "I know when a person is troubled by something, and when they are, the best thing to do is talk about it."Saran turned toward Hertz and Shannon. "You don't mind me taking her for a few minutes."Shannon shook her head as Saran put an arm around Kate's shoulder and led her into the next room.

"Would you mind telling me what's troubling you exactly?" Saran said.Kate took a moment to think. "I don't know," she said. "It's all happening so fast.""What is?""I just..." Kate said."Go on,""Well... you see...""It's alright, I won't tell anyone.""I just found out my mother's been lying to me," replied Kate. "I spent fifteen years believing my uncle died in a car crash and then this guy shows up and says otherwise.""I'm sure she had good reason," replied Saran."She did," replied Kate. "BUT SHE'S MY MOTHER! SHE LIED TO HER OWN DAUGHTER!""What about your father?""I never knew him before now," Kate said. "According to mom the only reason I was born was because she znapped Pierce in the emergency room.""So Pierce is your father then?" Saran asked."Yes," replied Kate. "That's not so bad," replied Saran. "You were already close to him and he does certainly care about you.""I know," replied Kate, trying not to cry. "It's just happening so fast."

"You hear something?" Trigger asked.

"I think so," replied Snake. "Sounds li-"

At that moment, Carrie quickly flung the door open and ran down the stairs. "We got trouble," she said.

"Don't tell me they've tracked us already," replied Trigger.

"No," replied Carrie. "It's worse. We got a group of lizards coming."

"You got to be znapping kidding. Do we have any weapons?"

"There's a few guns in the next room," replied Carrie. "I keep my armory with me in case I run into you again."

"Good," replied Trigger. "Alright, I'll start building a barricade. Snake, you and Carrie get the guns, and maybe we can hold them off long enough to make a break for it."

OOC: It's too bad Dust is dead and gone, because among his many aliases was "Cyrista's Bane's Bane."

"This calls for more Murray Gold!"
I am listening to 'The Futurekind' and 'All The Strange, Strange Creatures' as I write this :P PeaSam and Brikman should take note and make the necessary additions to their playlists.IC: "Acknowledged," Hotwire replied to Semick. Larson deftly swung the Talon II back around over the IP lines, letting a missile fly at a pair of T-Rexes at the same time. One fell, and a round from a cryothermic cannon below brought the other down.There was a sudden blare of Wagner as Rotor's T-1 came alongside. "You better have one heckuva plan, Semick," the pilot remarked."I wouldn't worry about that," Hotwire said. "He always does." Trusting in the intuition of a greater strategist than himself, Hotwire simply sighted a large pack of Mutant Lizards and layed down a rain of sonic energy from the QBEs."Pterosaurs incoming at about half past seven," Kat called out from the rear cockpit. There was a thrum as she peppered them with blasts from the Screamers. The beasts faltered slightly, and as soon as they were in range, Larson triggered the Plarxx Ray. The wave knocked the pteranadons out of the sky."Look out below!" he called out as the mutants plunged earthward.------------------------Shiller heard Larson's warning blare over the radio. While many of the IPs attempted to shift to avoid the falling pteranadons, he instead called out to Swerve, "Stay put! I've got an idea." He swung the cryothermic cannon off to the left, while focusing on the particular pterosaur that was plunging straight towards them. Gotta time this perfectly.With no more than a second to spare, he jammed the joystick to the right as hard as he could. Motors in the base of the turret groaned in protest as the massive cannon barrel connected with the falling dinosaur. Just as the cannon reached the apex of the turn, Shiller fired. The momentum of the rotating barrel combined with the force of the cannon blast sent the dazed body of the pterosaur plowing into the lines of dinos approaching the ring of IPs.------------------------Tracer's Vindication swerved and skidded across the pavement. There was a thump as the vehicle intersected with the path of a charging Mutant Lizard. As day broke, it was becoming easier to see even with all the rain, so Helm was easily able to spot the charging raptor before it was too late. He hit the switch next to the gearshift and the Cosmotronic Ray that Hotwire had added so many months ago blazed to life, stopping the creature in its tracks.As the raptor fell, a shadow passed overhead. Helm peered up and saw... "A flying Iron Predator?"Just then there was another odd roar which caused the comms to buzz and sputter, and Helm finally saw the source of the sound."Mother of Ole...Giles, give it everything you've got!" His gunner opened fire with the XMM launcher as Helm stomped on the gas, joining the mess of other vehicles as they desperately tried to evade the biomechanical behemoth that was Cyrista's Bane.------------------------"Half past seven? Isn't that a bit unnecessarily specific?""Tess, look out, you've got a lizard on your tail!""Well, Reptile turned an IP into a submarine once, so why not make it fly?""Hoohah! Take that!""Guys, have you seen that Space Ninja? He just stabbed a znapping raptor right in the znapping head!""FOR NARNIA!""Sick move with that cryothermic cannon. We should start playing baseball with IPs when this is all over.""Man down! MAN DOWN! For Godtfrey's sake, where are the medics?""Space Marauders incoming! Drop a bridge on 'em!" Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC: Just to clarify these things, I am under the line of thought right now that the Iron Predator with the Third Headquarters Squad is a bit behind the rest of the team, as they left later.IC: The Iron Predator came to a rather sudden stop as Elizabeth hit the breaks."What was that for?" Maria asked as the vehicle jerked for a moment.In front of them was a street, the buildings were in ruins and on fire, and a large group of menacing mutant dinos seemed to be present."What do we do?" Elizabeth asked."Exactly what we came out here to do," replied Angel Eyes. "We're going to kill them. We all have our strengths here. Who we got? Two demolitions experts, three good marksmen, a Pyromaniac, and a pirate.""I'm good with a sword," replied Elizabeth."Good," said Angel Eyes. "I can go," said Pyro, who was sitting in the back of the vehicle, her mask in her lap. "You sure about this?" Maria asked."Yes," replied Pyro as she slowly put her gas mask on. "I'll torch as many as I can. I'll need you guys to provide me with cover fire, though.""You can count on us," replied Clint.Slowly Pyro got to her feet and picked up her flamethrower, a flare gun, and a fire ax, and worked her way toward the mutant dinosaurs that lay in the street before her. Her teammates watched in confusion as she slowly stepped into the alley.A mutant lizard suddenly noticed her, and it was promptly torched. It's screams echoed throughout the streets. Before long Pyro was torching everything in sight, lizards, raptors, and other things.Before long the whole street was on fire, as Pyro held her flamethrower in the air and launched an enormous burst of flame. Sarah Bishop could not help but stare in awe."One shudders to imagine what inhuman thoughts lie beneath that mask," Sarah said, nervously. "What dreams of chronic and sustained cruelty."Pyro cheerfully blew bubbles out of her large vaguely flamethrower-shaped apparatus through the colorful landscape as far as she could see. Suddenly, there was a giant baby, it looked vaguely like a lizard, but it was tiny, and had little wings. Quickly Pyro picked up a lollipop from nearby. The lizard baby cried in delight and ran towards her. Pyro jumped and tossed the lollipop into the baby's mouth.With one clear swoop, Pyro had lodged her fireaxe into a lizard's skull..A little winged baby raptor came down then and sat on Pyro's flamethrower. In an act of delight, she pulled out a bubble maker, and blew a few bubbles into its face, and it burst into laughter.Pyro pulled out her flare gun and shot the raptor square through the throat, causing it to fall almost instantly.Pyro quickly motioned for all the little baby dinosaurs to follow her, and she darted down the road, followed by hundreds of little winged baby dinosaurs before they eventually stayed behind.Amongst the burning debris, what seemed like quite a few dinosaurs lay wounded. Their screams echoed through the alley, but Pyro just kept persisting.She kept on going through that sugar bowl land, whistling softly to a tune in her head before she suddenly heard someone snap their fingers. Looking around, her flamethrower was suddenly snatched, and she could see a little baby Maria before she blinked and then saw a very adult Maria standing there."You alright," Maria asked."I think so," replied Pyro. She slowly removed the mask and looked around, seeing that the Iron Predator had mad it through the intense flames of the street. "I think I got a little carried away there," she said.Unlike the others, it didn't take long for Maria to figure it out. "Let's keep the mask off you from now on," she said. "I think it might be better for your health."

IC:Dr. Cyborg contacted Zelda, Nazareno, Solomon, and X1, asking them to assist in his plan. He told them to come to his position if they were willing to assist. He would then explain his plan.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC: Saran slowly sat down on the couch next to Kate, putting an arm around her shoulder. "Look," he said. "I can see how all this would be hard for you, but you have to understand, even if you were conceived totally by accident because of a brief hospital affair, your mother loves you. She does everything she can for you.""I know," replied Kate. "She did everything she could to pay for school.""Your father loves you too, Kate," replied Saran. "You got two loving parents, and they're both here to support you. That's more than can be said for the rest of us."Kate briefly smiled in between the tears.

"What the heck is that there thing?" Elizabeth asked as she drove the Iron Predator down a former highway. In the distance, they could vaguely see other Dino Attack vehicles, and helicopters were forming in the sky, but what she was pointing towards was something humongous, a mutant tyrannosaurus cyborg thing."I ain't got no idea," replied Maria.

Trigger turned in relief as Snake and Carrie arrived with a collection of guns. Carrie quickly tossed Trigger a rifle. He had already set up a makeshift barricade against the door and was struggling to keep it shut, as one lizard smashed through the window, Snake fired a solid round through its head, killing it. Trigger fired at another one, only to see something weird- the bullet was absorbed.

"Oh znap," Snake muttered.

"What do we do?" Carrie asked.

"Dinosaurs like these invincible to bullets," Trigger muttered.

"I got one," said Snake.

"It didn't see you," Trigger said. "You must have taken it by surprise. The only way we can make a stand is if we can catch them all unaware, but we're going to have to make a break for it. Carrie, you got any grenades or anything."

"Yeah," replied Carrie.

"You think of everything, don't you?" Trigger remarked.

"Yeah," replied Carrie with a smile.

"Snake and I will try to draw them for the moment. Carrie you get the grenades and get to the roof! Throw them at the megablockers, understand?"

Carrie nodded and ran back downstairs as Trigger worked to block the smashed window using one of the tables. One lizard stuck its head in, he placed his rifle in its mouth and fired. That one fell dead but there were still a few dozen more, and they all wouldn't fall for that. Within a few minutes, Carrie returned with a box of grenades and worked her way upstairs.

By now they were starting to tear through the walls. Once or twice Trigger and Snake were able to shoot them in the mouth, but for the most part the bullets did little more than slow them down, if only by seconds, but that really was all they needed.

Opening an upstairs Window, Carrie picked up two grenades and pulled the pins off them both, and tossed them into the crowd of mutant dinosaurs. She grabbed another, pulled, the pin, and did the same. She did about two or three more before the mutant lizards started to notice and react, but their numbers were reduced.

OOC: Okay, I now have to offer a correction to my previous post. The soundtrack to Inception is even better for writing battle scenes to than the Doctor Who soundtrack. The latter part of this IC was written under the influence of "Mombasa" and "Don't Think About Elephants."IC: Osprey's Aerial Defense Unit slipped smoothly into the defensive line of T-1s. He ordered the gunners to engage, then turned to the cockpit. "Dez! Status report?"Desdemona, the pilot, quickly checked the readouts on her screen. "The jeeps are joining the line, the jets have been delayed by pterosaurs outside the city limits, and we're getting some seriously odd readings off that big T-Rex down there. Oh, and the Grendelwulf brothers are closing in fast."Osprey smiled at that last tidbit of information. Things on the ground were about to get even hotter.------------------------Calling the ADO rocketcycle a motorbike didn't nearly do it justice; it was more like a murderous Ferrari on two wheels. And this particular "bike," howling through the streets of Lego City at breakneck speed, fit the description even more thoroughly -- painted bright red, propelled by a souped-up engine that barely fit in the vehicle's frame, and sporting a pair of six-barreled laser cannons in place of the normal light EMP missile launchers. Not exactly compliant with regulations, but then, its driver and passenger were effective enough that command didn't seem to care.Lieutenants Matthias and Winston Grendelwulf, nicknamed "Hazmatt" and "Epic Winston" by their teammates, were essentially a two-man army. Both over six and a half feet tall and built like minotaurs, they had the uncanny ability to weaponize virtually any object. A common explanation for this was the fact that they themselves could be considered living weapons in their own right. As Epic Winston stood perfectly balanced on the back of the bike, with the wind whipping through his jet-black beard, he mulled this description over, and found that he rather liked the sound of it. Still, he had his preferences when it came to instruments of destruction. He reached back and thoughtfully touched the hilt of the five-foot double-edged broadsword slung across his back.They were nearing the battlefield now. A pack of Mutant Lizards broke off from the main body of the army and charged, clearly thinking that two men on a bike would be an easy target for them.They were dead wrong.Hazmatt glanced back at his elder brother, who gave a slight nod. The younger Grendelwulf turned hard, skidding on the back wheel of the bike. Epic Winston bent slightly at the knees and drew his sword. As he leaned forward to stay balanced, he swung the blade -- six inches wide and nearly an inch thick in the center -- at the lizard that had just reached the same point that their rear wheel was passing. The reptile fell to the street in two separate pieces.Winston continued his swing as he leaped off the back of the bike, bisecting another Mutant Lizard and decapitating a third. Simultaneously, Hazmatt let loose with the metaphorical whole nine yards, spraying the rest of the pack with the laser cannons. Epic Winston twisted in midair, letting go of his broadsword, which spun through the air and lodged in a lizard's back. Winston himself landed on the final beast's neck with both feet. There was a satisfying crunch as it hit the ground. In the space of just under two seconds, about a dozen Mutant Lizards had fallen, either riddled with holes or in pieces.As the bike came to a stop, Hazmatt reached out and plucked his brother's sword from the slumped form of the dead lizard. He tossed it above his head and gunned the engine. Epic Winston leapt over his head, snatched the sword out of the air, and landed neatly on the back of the bike. The two brothers opened their throats, and, with a roar that matched that of their engine, charged into the ranks of dinosaurs and XERRD warriors, leaving devastation in their wake. The same thought occupied their minds:This is where the fun begins.------------------------"Oh great, it's the Arrogant Defense Organization. Why don't you just shove off?""No, they're okay now, remember?""Eat lasers, scaleface!""I knew I shoulda stayed home today.""Osprey! Great to have you at our backs again!""Ole help us, Pyro's on a rampage!""Little help? These XERRD sorcerers are kicking are backsides worse than Duke on one of his bad days.""Holy znap! Did you see those two Agents who just showed up?""Don't worry about Pyro, just stay outta the way!""You mean the two guys on the bike? Yeah, some real serious honey badger 4+ going down over there.""Here come old flat-top, he come groovin' up slowly...""Concentrate your fire on its legs! If we can get it on the ground maybe we can-- AAARGHH""Jenson? Come in, Jenson. You there? Jenson? JENSON!"

Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

IC:Chaos rained on the battlefield. B was sitting behind a now broken windshield, and was constantly being assaulted by stray drops of acid. Bullets and rays of all sorts deafened and blinded him for mere instants, while he constantly had to correct his course to avoid hitting teammates. Suddenly, a beeping came from the dashboard. B swore loudly, honked his horn, and turned his Fire Hammer towards the mountains, on the other side of the city."Sam! Code. Megablocking. Red. Follow me!""What is it? You afraid we're outgunned beyond hope? We can fight this!""Look, if we don't do this, I'm afraid that we'll be flanked from behind!"The two Fire Hammers turned and headed back into the city. B put his foot down. The needle on the speedometer approached 170 KMH, and no dinosaur was fast enough to catch up. Concentration was crucial at these speeds, but B couldn't afford to slow down."Rob, what's the quickest route to those coordinates?""Keep going straight. The street goes right to it. You might need to slow down a bit, though.""Not now. Get on the radio and explain that we're handling a situation.""Do we need backup?""Rob, if we need backup, we're already dead.""That's comforting."The two Fire Hammers careened around corners, as the mountains grew incredibly close, B looked up and saw vehicles approaching his position."Megablocking son of a znapping 4+! Inferno's goons on our position!""Shoot, or call for backup?""No. There's no way we ever need backup! OF COURSE CALL FOR BACKUP!""No need to yell. Hello, to anyone who can hear me, Dr. Inferno's forces are trying to flank us from behind. If you aren't too busy fighting mutant dinosaurs, we could use some megabloking help here!"OOC:I hope this is OK with everything and everyone.

OOC: Keep that music coming, Jacks. The more the merrier.And since you've decided to introduce the Agents into this mess, I suppose I'll (briefly) focus on that before heading back to the Dino Attack cast.Ah, crazy. I was just about to make a post addressing Dr. Inferno and his henchmen. Consider the latter part of this post and the conversation that will follow occuring before crazy's post.IC:Captain Thaddeus Brickhouse approached Aerial Defense Unit at a brisk pace. His crew was already on board, all they needed was Brickhouse to hop on and they could get to the sight of a massive battle between the Dino Attack Team and XERRD.This is where it ends. ​He thought grimly. He knew this was going to be a toughy, but with news of decoy-Dr. Rexes and giant cyborg Mutant T-Rexes, the Dino Attack Team needed all the aide it could get.He almost reached his helicopter when when he bumped into a woman jogging to her vehicle, a helmet tucked under her arm. Brickhouse backed away. "My apologies, Dashworthy."Raine Dashworthy ran a hand through her multicolored hair irritably. "It's fine, it's fine. I'm ready to get out there and make a few Mutant Pterosaurs wish they never knew how to fly!" she said boastfully.Brickhouse smirked, amused by the young woman's enthusiasm. He gestured for her to continue. "Best get to your jet, Raine. The Mutant Pterosaurs are eagerly awaiting your challenge."Raine nodded. "See you back here when we're toasting out victory!" With that, she continued her jog to her Agents jet. Brickhouse, quickly climbed into his designated Aerial Defense Unit."Alright, pilot!" Brickhouse called out as he closed the hatches. "To Dino Attack Headquarters!" The helicopter rose into the air and left the Agents hanger and started moving into the chaos.*************************************Blaire Darkling watched the battle from a top of a ruined building with interest, a strange mixture of emotions swirling through him. One was determination to win this battle and to see the Dino Attack Headquarters crumble. The other...was doubt.Michelle Glados, Paulie Gonapus, and other scientists had returned from Adventurers' Island with word that Baron Typhonus, the fabled creator of the Maelstrom, was still alive and controlling the darkness. Not only that, but the Dino Attack had been orchestrated by Typhonus, called the 'Darkitect', all along.Dr. Rex had disregarded the news with undeniable fury. He was in control of XERRD, not some legend. Around that moment was when Blaire truly began to doubt his leader's sanity and the true purpose of XERRD's mission. He cautiously ran his hand through his white hair. It was once a dirty blonde shade before in the incident that created the Maelstrom Temple dyed it pure white and ruined his eyes, forcing him to wear sunglasses.I must finish the job. Blaire thought to himself. An old habit of his before becoming a Paradox Shinobi. He also finished a job, no matter how...unethical. Even after turning over to a new leaf, he kept this habit. Even with his doubt about XERRD's leader, he would see the Dino Attack to its end.He walked up to the edge of the building, where three Quasifigus lacertilia were perched with sniper rifles, picking off any Dino Attack agent that crossed their path. He sighed. He had very much preferred working with the Minifig guards. However, he would deal with commanding Hybrids this one day. Even with this organization's ethics in doubt, what I did with guards was completely moral. They would've have suffered out here.He heard a rough voice speak behind him. Blaire turned and saw two Hybrids standing before him. In the middle of them was a man in a white labcoat with wild black and orange hair."Ah!" Blaire exclaimed, extending one arm briefly toward the Minifig. "Doctor Inferno! So glad you could join us." He turned to the Hybrids. "Leave us." They both bowed their heads and headed towards the building's staircase."Glad to see you haven't run away yet, Inferno," Blaire said, his voice layered with cool hatred as he stared at the fuming mad scientist. "Let's have a nice chat, shall we?"

OOC: Atton, Trigger's group is fighting Mutant Raptors, not Mutant Lizards. Just a minor correction. But I just figured out a great way to rescue them and get in that final Amanda/Trigger confrontation I promised! Just give me another few posts in order to set it up.IC: Greybeard cursed to himself. He had focused his efforts on bringing down some random Mutant T-Rex that was just as dumb and feral as the rest of them... but just happened to be wearing silver armor, causing everyone to think that it was Dr. Rex. Dr. Rex knew this would happen, and Greybeard was angry that he did not see it coming; from what Greybeard had heard, Dr. Rex was exceptionally fond of red herrings.Greybeard could not imagine what could possibly be so interesting about the "ENDERSON'S" bar, but apparently the Mutant Raptor pack was calling for back-up. Back-up arrived in the form of more Mutant Raptors, a few Mutant Lizards, and even a Mutant T-Rex. Greybeard considered the possibility of civilians who had not been evacuated being trapped in the bar. With a shudder, he prayed to Builder that this was not the truth."Come on, me hearties!" Greybeard shouted into the radio. "Joe, Sam, Arubis-""It's Anubis!""-we took down one o' 'em Mutant T-Rexes in silver armor," continued Greybeard. "Dr. Rex be just another one! Come! Let's give this one a few rounds an' take 'im down fer good... fer real, this time!""Agreed," came King Joseph Race's voice. "It seems we've developed an effective strategy. Anubis, hang on for another few minutes while Sam, Greybeard, and I repeat our three-Fire-Hammer trick.""The Mutant Dinos do not stand a chance against LEGO Racers!" laughed Sam Race over the radio. "LEGO Racers... and Anubis.""Hey, maybe I'll join the next LEGO Racing championship, and then we'll see about that!" Anubis retorted in a playful manner.With that, Greybeard, King Joseph Race, and Sam Race sped into action once more. They caught up quickly to Dr. Rex, who was already leading some of his Mutant Dinos in the direction of Dino Attack Headquarters. Repeating the procedure, Greybeard caught Dr. Rex's attention by driving in front of him while his gunner fired the Xenon Multi-Mode Launcher at the armored Mutant T-Rex. The blasts barely affected Dr. Rex, but just as he was about to retaliate, Sam Race's Fire Hammer began firing its own Xenon Launcher at him. As Dr. Rex turned his attention towards Sam Race, it was King Race's turn to fire.As Greybeard turned his Fire Hammer to make for another cycle around Dr. Rex, he expected to see Dr. Rex getting worked up and frustrated, much like the Mutant T-Rex decoy. However, at best, Dr. Rex appeared mildly annoyed; at worst, he was bored. Just before Greybeard's gunner could fire at him, Dr. Rex turned his attention to Greybeard's Fire Hammer and, with his laser vision, struck the gunner with incredible accuracy. Then, without even turning around, Dr. Rex swung his tail and knocked the Xenon Multi-Mode Launcher cleanly off King Joseph Race's Fire Hammer, taking his gunner with it.Greybeard paled. The decoy was just a random Mutant T-Rex, as dumb and feral as the others. This, the real Dr. Rex, had the intelligence of a scientist and the unpredictability of a madman. Too late, Greybeard realized that the strategy that brought down the decoy would not work on the real thing."Retreat!" Greybeard barked into his radio. "Joe, Sam, pull back-"Dr. Rex slammed his foot down upon the hood of Greybeard's Fire Hammer. Greybeard was sent flying through his windshield and landed on the wet pavement several meters away. Cut, bruised, and struggling to find the strength to look up, Greybeard saw one of the other two Fire Hammers speed away in time. The other Fire Hammer was on fire. In a kamikaze maneuver, it tried to drive itself into Dr. Rex's leg, but the mad-scientist-turned-T-Rex simply lifted his foot and let the burning Fire Hammer speed underneath him. Seconds before the Fire Hammer drove into the Green Grocer, its driver jumped out of the vehicle and rolled on the pavement.Unsheathing his cutlass, Greybeard ran towards the crashed Fire Hammer as quickly as possible, slashing at Mutant Lizards along the way. Dr. Rex, it seemed, perceived that he was no longer even remotely a threat, and so he walked away, making deep noises that sounded suspiciously like a sinister chuckle. At last, Greybeard reached the burning wreckage of the Fire Hammer, half-embedded in the Green Grocer, and saw King Joseph Race lying on the ground.Greybeard helped the king of the Space Knights get to his feet, but a swarm of Mutant Lizards and a pack of Mutant Raptors smelled fresh meat. In only a matter of seconds, the old pirate and the racing king were surrounded by the hungry reptiles, which eyed them with blank white eyes as saliva dripped from their maws."An' so," Greybeard gritted what few teeth he had left, "it ends."King Joseph Race narrowed his eyes and ignited his laser saber. "Greybeard," he declared, "it has been an honor and a privilege to have known, raced, and fought alongside you all these years.""Aye," Greybeard nodded grimly. "Ye be like a brother t' me. Now, let us go down fightin'... together."Ready to accept their fate, Greybeard slashed with his cutlass and King Joseph Race swung with his laser saber. Fighting back-to-back, they took down any Mutant Dino that dared to come near the two friends. And they would continue to fight... until eventually, when the numbers are too many, the Mutant Dinos overwhelm them, and together, they meet their destiny.OOC: Nobody rescue Greybeard or King Joseph Race.

OOC:I need Brikman and that guy to say whether or not Nazareno, Zelda, and Solomon are going to assist Dr. Cyborg. I have a master plan, but I need their help for Phase 1.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC: The comns were abuzz as some of the first witnesses of the Agents involvement came in."What, those Inferno guys are still around?""Alright, now these dinos have to face two world-defending organizations!""Try spinning, that's a good trick!""Tell that to Greybeard.""Shoot 'em in the eye! Always the eye!""Are we gonna be here all day? I'm hungry.""That's why you should've brought some Brickolini's.""Was that an anthropomorphic dog I saw walk by?""Hey, Agents! You guys have any EMP grenades?"B's broadcast about Inferno agents coming in near the mountainside of LEGO City proved to be a useful opportunity for Semick's plan. He directed three T-1s to try and keep Dr. Rex's attention (though avoid getting killed, but considering that monster's accuracy with eye beams, they had to be prepared for that fate) while Semick directed three more towards B's location.That is what he said over comn, at least.In actuality, Semick diverted himself and another T-1 behind a low skyscraper while the other two moved on to B's rescue. From there, they began moving down closer to the streets and began flying slowly behind the buildings. This was to best avoid the attention of Dr. Rex as they moved closer to where he had appeared. With the commotion from Greybeard's attempt to stun him and his other T-1s distracting him with their own weapon barrages, the creature failed to notice the T-1s as they managed to make it to the other side of the station where Mutant Lizards and Raptors were still pouring out."How's the subway system out here?" Semick asked Bluetooth.A quick scan of the TALON-9 brought an answer. "This is, was, a less focal part of town. This is the only station for at least fifteen more blocks into the city.""Then this should at least buy us enough time to prepare." Then over radio he said, "Pointman, you ready?"The other T-1 pilot said nothing, only moved into position to aim its cannons at the base of the buildings to the left of the subway entrance. Semick moved to the line of sight of the buildings on the right."Ready... aim... fire!"With both pilot and front gunner fire combined, both T-1s struck in unison at the building bases. Both structures then began leaning with heavy groans as their bricks gave out, and began toppling sideways to the ground. Or more accurately, the subway and Mutant Dinos right below them.Dust clouds burst as the buildings landed hard. With all the wear they had taken over the course of the city's Dino onslaughts, they could barely withstand holding together anymore, and as they dust cleared, it was shown that they had broken up into nothing more than a big, heavy pile of bricks. Which both managed to plug up the subway entrance perfectly.Semick allowed himself only the briefest moment of joy to pump his fist and say "Yes!" before pulling his controls back to maneuver his T-1 back behind the buildings he had flown in behind. Even if this was only a temporary hassle to the Mutant Dinos, Dr. Rex (who was turning to see what had happened) be mad as Megablokland, and he knew it wouldn't be best to stick around.His craft shook a bit as he accidentally brushed the back end of his ship on the side of a building. He quickly got a sight of what he was doing and steered his controls as best as he could to pull back on course, on which his fellow T-1 already was."Watch where you're going!" remarked Attack from the gunner port.""Yes, yes," Semick muttered. In spite of everything he'd been through, he still wasn't exactly an expert pilot on this thing. He had to be careful, especially if he had to do something quick to avoid any consequences for his latest move.

Edited by Andrewnuva199

OOC: avmatoran, that guy has gone to Chicago for a week, remember? I'm sure, however, that he wouldn't mind if you kept Solomon in action while he's away. Feel free to use Helm too -- he's also fighting Cyrista's Bane at the moment."Sandstorm" is good for the adrenalin, but it's not heavy enough in the lower registers to qualify as Epic Battle Music in my mind. I definitely recommend listening to it before starting to write, though.Also, I'm realizing that the only real reason I've never been good with battles is that, until my last post, I didn't have any characters who specialize specifically in combat. :PEDIT: Misread Andrewnuva's post and didn't realize that Semick only sent two T-1s to help B. Adjusted accordingly.IC: The Talon II was one of the two T-1s directed to the aid of the two Fire Hammers that made up "Kabrinsky's Pride." The group was being hassled by four Inferno jeeps, two helicopters, and a pair of small hoverjets. Larson dropped to an altitude of fifty feet to try and take out the jeeps, and Hotwire raised B on the radio."B, we've got your back up here, no matter what crazy color you decide to paint your vehicles." He opened fire on a jeep, while the other T-1 attempted to draw the two orange choppers away. The hoverjets, unfortunately, proved to be too agile for any of them to hit."Hotwire! Thanks for the backup.""Speaking of crazy colors," Kat said, "seems we're not the only ones who heard that SOS."There was a sudden, unearthly howl from a short distance away and a bright red ADO jet-cycle came into view, cannons blazing. One of the hoverjets darted back around behind the new arrival and went into a dive, attempting a strafing maneuver. The cycle swerved back and forth, avoiding the shots, and as the jet passed over and began to pull up, the Agent who, Hotwire realized, had been standing on the back, jumped on top of the jet. As the craft flew higher, heading towards the Talon II, Hotwire was able to see what was happening more clearly. The man raised a massive broadsword above his head, twirling it as easily as if it were a light machete, and sliced at the right wing. He must have severed some important connection, because the turbine in the wing abruptly stopped spinning. Just before the jet spiraled out of control, the Agent leaped. He passed out of Hotwire's field of vision, but he heard a thump from behind him, and twisted in his seat, Back in the gunner's cockpit, Kat was doing the same. The sword-wielding man had landed on the Talon II's portside QBE, and was pulling himself onto the deck. He stood, and for the first time, Hotwire got a good look at him. He was a giant of a man with a shaggy mane of dark hair and a beard to match, and was the first person Hotwire had ever seen to wear an Agents uniform with the sleeves removed."Top of the morning," the man said in an unsettlingly deep -- but surprisingly smooth -- voice. "Name's Lieutenant Winston Grendelwulf, but my friends call me Epic Winston, and anyone who fights alongside me is a friend of mine."Kat was the first to reply. "I'm Kat, they're Hotwire and Larson."The giant nodded. "Pleasure to meet you." He glanced out of the T-1. "Now, friends, if you'll excuse me..."The second hoverjet was passing close by at an altitude of about thirty feet, firing at one of the black Fire Hammers, which was responding with a volley from its XMM launcher. Epic Winston ran two steps and hurled himself out the starboard side of the Talon II, landing atop the jet as he had with the first. This time, however, he simply plunged his sword right through the cockpit canopy and into the pilot. The jet quickly began losing altitude. Winston dropped off the back as it passed over the Fire Hammer, landing on the roof of the cab. The hoverjet glanced off one of the Inferno jeeps, which, having tried to avoid it, was now spinning out of control. The jet, meanwhile, plowed into the street and carved a flaming furrow in the ground before being stopped by a conveniently placed building.With a nod to the gunner of the Fire Hammer -- it appeared to be Crooks, but from this height Hotwire couldn't be sure -- Epic Winston sheathed his sword, jumped off, and landed back on the red jet-cycle as it drove past. This time, he slipped onto the driver's saddle as the other Agent, who had the same mane of black hair but was beardless, hopped up and crouched on the hood with a pair of SMGs. As they skidded about madly on the wet pavement, he nimbly kept his balance and shot out the tires of the remaining jeeps, making them easy targets for the Talon II's XL-4 launcher.Up above, the other T-1 was faring decently. The Inferno choppers were faster and more maneuverable, but the T-1 Typhoon was far more heavily armed, and so they were able to keep their adversaries mostly on the defensive. One chopper managed to score a hit, and the T-1 rocked before returning to steady flight."Slight damage to portside QBE," the pilot reported. "I think we'll be fine, though." They fired a missile at one chopper, striking the tail. The craft spun out of control, impacting the side of a building. From the deck, a DA agent fired a Cosmotronic Ray at the second Inferno helicopter. The pulse of energy made the chopper shudder, and it lost some altitude before recovering. This, however, put it in range of Kat's Sonic Screamers. She fired directly at the base of the rotor, and the chopper faltered, then fell as the rotor blades splintered under the assault of the supercharged sound waves."Thanks much," B said. "We got dinos incoming, though. Get ready." Hotwire brought the TALON-9 readings up on his cockpit screen. B was right. He grimly tightened his grip on the QBE controls and braced himself for the onslaught.------------------------"I'm tellin' ya, if you woulda said four months ago that the Agents would show up with reinforcements for us before Alpha Team, there's no way in MegaBlokland I woulda believed it.""Let's show XERRD what Quadrant 14 felt like! Come on!""ERMAHGERD AH KERLED A RERPTER!""Dangit, put down that sandwich!""I got one!""Holy cow, this is even crazier than the time those cyborg rat things showed up in giant mechas!""Good shot kid, just don't get cocky.""Just wait, how many more armored T-Rexes have they got?""Do a barrel roll!"

Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

IC:B drove past the smoking wrecks, formerly vehicles and henchmen of Dr. Inferno. Looking up, he could see that he would soon be playing a very dangerous game of chicken with a large group of mutant dinos."Sam, pull a u-turn and head back into the city," B said into his mic. "Hotwire, I need you to lure the dinos back into the city. I have an idea that I can only pull off if I don't have anything on my tail. There's a cave up ahead that I need to get to, and I need to make sure nobody goes in after my Fire Hammer does, alright?"OOC:Another intentionally short IC. I just need to make sure that this works out with my master plan.

Also, I'm realizing that the only real reason I've never been good with battles is that, until my last post, I didn't have any characters who specialize specifically in combat. :P
OOC: That's interesting. I have a few characters who would qualify as such and yet I still have difficulty with the action scenes, which reminds me, I'm kinda lost a the moment, could someone give me a hand getting to the action? I got two pilots already there but I don't know what to do with either of them, nor am I totally certain of what to do with the Third Headquarters Squad at this point. Edited by Atton Rand