Dino Attack: At War's End

PeabodySam

iC:The XERRD scientist Raul Barabbas glared down at Solomon Koplowitz with his hollow, sunken eyes. They were cold and dead, as if no soul dwelled beneath. In Raul’s hand he held a long riffle with an axe head on the end. He twirled the weapon above his head before slamming it down on the wet concrete inches to the left of the philosopher’s head.“Solomon, Solomon, Solomon,” mussed the scientist as he walked around the man. At his back hissed his two Hybrid henchmen. They stalked behind the doctor as he casually spun his weapon.“You could have been on the winning side!” he exclaimed as he spread his arms wide. “Instead you joined these fools! Look around you Solomon, does this look like victory? Your new allies are being decimated. Already the streets run red with their blood.” The scientist kicked the rainwater in the philosophers face to emphasis his point. Spreading his arms wide in incredible theatrics he let the rain run down his thick black beard and laughed manically.Solomon took the opportunity to roll aside and reach for his sword but a Hybrid placed its clawed foot down on the blade. It gave a hard primal kick to Solomon’s head and he slid across the pavement. Raul ran his hand down his face and shook his head. “You had everything Solomon, Influence, power. You threw it away so you could die among these pathetic men! Why?’Solomon slowly rose to his knees and looked up at his former colleague. “Because even with victory, the cost would be more then my conscience could bare. We are responsible for the death of millions Raul, does this in no way bother you?”The XERRD operative pressed the barrel of his gun to Solomon’s chest. “Because no price is to high for power Solomon. When this world is ashes no one will care about money or land. What people care about will be power, XERRD will be all that remains and we will be the ultimate authority!”“But when this world is ashes Raul, will it be worth leading?” Solomon took hold of the barrel of the scientist’s gun and slowly pushed it away. He hoped to take advantage of the calm demeanor to make his move but his advisory was astute.The sorcerer sent a blast of maelstrom down the weapon and Solomon quickly ducked out of the way. The short flashed across the battlefield and slammed into a Raptor yards away. Roaring in fury, Raul took hold of the gun and chopped at philosopher’s chest.Solomon dove down and reached for his sword but he was intercepted by the second Hybrid.The axe swung down and he quickly took hold of it. He allowed it to propel him across the wet ground and carry him to his sword. Once it was in his grasp he swung it above his head and spun around to decapitate the hybrid standing above him.As the head fell with a plop Raul and the first Hybrid opened fire and the philosopher slid behind the smoldering wreckage of a nearby Steel Sprinter. Risking a glance behind the ATV Solomon spotted the Hybrid and Raul slowly approaching threw the rain. A flash of lightning silhouetted their figures as they raised their guns and unleashed fury.Several shots blew away what little cover Solomon had and he ducked further behind the wreckage.“You fail to understand Solomon!” yelled Raul. “Power over a few pathetic men is still power! Even control over a single soul is enough to fulfill that desire to decide who lives or dies! That power is what we all strive for, no matter how insignificant it may be!”Solomon shook his head. “You might just be alone on that one Raul!” he called. “That’s incredibly sadistic!”“Perhaps.” Muttered the sorcerer as he walked around the Steel Sprinter. “But it’s true. Despotism justifies the means.”He chopped with his axe-gun but Solomon swung up his sword to block it. The two weapons met perpendicularly and the two fighters locked blades. A flash of lightning illuminated the combatants and the philosopher chopped at the Hybrid and Raul. Jumping to his feet he slashed diagonally at the hybrid but was blocked by the ax. It hissed and acidic saliva splashed against the faceplate of Solomon’s mask.In response the philosopher kicked the Hybrid in the knee that unleashed a spray of water as he did so. The beast fell back winded but quickly recovered to point the gun at Solomon. Grabbing the weapon he pushed it aside and stabbed upward with his sword. The blade entered threw the Hybrid’s gut and emerged behind the head. He then quickly pulled it out and let the Hybrid drop. Spinning around he turned to Raul but his heart stopped at what he saw.The Sorcerer had his gun trained on Solomon. He was two far away to deflect it and two close to dodge it. It was a shot that was impossible to miss and there was nothing he could do to avoid it. Solomon dropped the sword as the first bullet hit his arm. Screaming in pain he fell to his knee and pressed his hand to his bleeding wound.“It’s a shame really.” Muttered Raul as he walked up and pushed up Solomon’s visor with the axe blade. “I never really liked you but at least you had picked the right side. I respected you for you’re ability to pick a winner and I thought that was the kind of attitude we all needed at XERRD. Sadly it looks like you just going to bleed out in the rain like everyone else.Solomon looked into the hollow eyes of the sorcerer. "Repression is the only lasting philosophy. The dark deference of fear and slavery, my friend, will keep the dogs obedient to the whip, as long as this roof shuts out the sky,”Raul rolled his eyes. “Leave it to you to say something profound in the face of death Solomon, I hope you chose your last word’s wisely.” He stepped back and took aim at Solomon’s head. Once satisfied that he would have no escape he fired.At that moment a third figured entered the fry. She leapt out of the crowd suddenly and into the path of Raul’s bullet. The shot struck her in the stomach and she fell heard on to the wet pavement. Solomon could see blood mixing with water were she lay as she contorted in anguish. Raul was so surprised by the chain of events that he did nothing to stop Solomon from crawling over and removing her helmet.“Ingrid!” he gasped as he pulled it aside.The space marauder took hold of the side of Solomon’s head. She gazed deep into his eyes and he saw the color drawn from her face. “I’m not going to die as another one of Dr. Rex’s goons.” She said softly. “I want my last contribution to this world to be something good. I can’t just…just… watch anymore.”Solomon stroked her hair. “Ingrid,” he whispered, “Ingrid,”“I should have…have followed you.” She chocked. “I should have because I loved you.”Solomon was about to say something but he was suddenly reminded of Raul when he was kicked in the face. He fell over with a splash and landed on his back to watch the sorcerer step over Ingrid and point his gun at him for the second time.“Unless you have anymore secret admirers Solomon,” he muttered “Lets try and finish this without interruptions.”OoC:Hertz next, followed by Pharisee.I got to say Sarah Bishop is starting to disturb me. There comes a point when enough unarmed people pleading for there lives are killed that i stop seeing her a badman mother and more as a cold blooded murderer who needs to be confronted. Need I remind everyone that she brutishly attacked two elite agents? One of which was an innocent bystander. Kate might be disturbed by the fact that her mother commits XERRD genocide.This is why we need more investigation of this stuff. I admit Pharisee is a little more Knights Templar then I originally intended but I still intend for him to confront Sarah in the future and have her answer for her crime.

"Rosebud,"
Citizen Kane
"I know what you're thinking," Sarah remarked tauntingly. "Did she fire six shots or only five? Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself, but being this is a 12 guage shotgun and it would blow your head clean off, you got to ask yourself one question; do I feel lucky. Well do ya, punk?"
Dirty Harry
"Of all the buildings in all the cities in all the world, you two break into mine,"
Casablonca
"Duck, you 4+,"
I know this one. I'm going to facepulm when I find out Edited by that guy from that show

That is all

IC:The first shot slammed into the purple lizard's face, throwing it away from the rest of the group. It started the chain reaction Vinyaya knew she couldn't avoid.The Mutant Lizards swarmed her quickly and viciously while the Mutant Raptors prowled in the back, watching the onslaught. Vinyaya swung the Cosmotronic Ray hard, striking two lizards with it and send them flying. She managed to pick off one fire-breathing lizard before the horde reached her. They snapped and bit at her forcefully. Had she not been wearing Space Police armor, she would've died rather quickly.She kicked away a darkness lizard and smacked away another lizard with the gun as a brown Mutant Lizard wrapped its jaws around Vinyaya's arm. She shook the monster loose and swung the Cosmotronic Ray around, finishing it off. She quickly slammed her elbow into the back of another lizard as it snapped at her heels."No you don't!" Vinyaya growled, slamming her boot into the lizard's skull. She turned as a red lizard blasted fire in her face. Thanks to her armor, she remained unharmed as she grabbed the Mutant Lizard's thin neck and twisted it sharply. It dropped like a rock, allowing a yellow lizard to take its place. She grimace as she saw acid dripping from its mouth. Not daring to get too close, Vinyaya jammed the Cosmotronic Ray into its side and blasted it.Suddenly, a Mutant Raptor charged forward, knocking the lizards out of its path. It reached Vinyaya and slammed its foot at her body, pinning her against the Iron Predator and cracking the visor on her helmet. The raptor then slowly dragged its foot to the left, grinding Vinyaya against the tank. Vinyaya, blinded by the raptor's massive foot, pointed the Cosmotronic Ray in its general direction and squeezed off three shots, forcing the raptor on to its back in defeat.As the Mutant Lizards regrouped, Vinyaya tore off her helmet, let her blonde ponytail fall against her back. She then swung the helmet into the face of a charging orange Mutant Lizard. The lizard stumbled back, trying to pull the helmet off of its head. She quickly wasted the beast and turned to the rest of the Mutant Lizards. A darkness lizard approached and shrouded Vinyaya in a cloud of black.Vinyaya fired in the direction of where the Mutant Lizard last was and heard a nasty thud. She then swung her entire arm out and managed to strike a purple lizard trying to attack her. She pinned it against the Iron Predator and kicked its exposed stomach multiple times before it fell limp. She whipped her head around, waiting for the cloud of darkness to fade. A brown lizard ran at her, mouth open wide. Vinyaya jammed the Cosmotronic Ray into the creatures mouth and blew its brains out.As she pulled the Cosmotronic Ray away from the corpse, the cloud of darkness disappeared and Vinyaya saw a Mutant Raptor approaching her slowly. She pointed her weapon at it and pulled the trigger, but nothing fired. Oh, no. Vinyaya realized in horror. Without warning, Vinyaya suddenly felt something grab her arms and pull her against the Iron Predator fiercely. She struggled desperately, but couldn't break free from her attackers, which soon revealed themselves to be green-skinned Mutant Lizards.The Mutant Raptor stopped in front of her, growling lowly. She saw it scratch it's claws against the ground anxiously. Vinyaya realized what was about to happen. It had happened to many others, most notably Greybeard and Shock. Possibly even Shadow, but she wasn't sure.The Mutant Raptor glanced to the side. It stepped over to the body of a acid-spitting Mutant Lizard, a small puddle of acid spit surrounding it. It cautiously dipped two of its claws into the puddle. It raised them and saw it had no ill effects against it. The raptor then turned to her and stepped up to her. Vinyaya's struggling increased, desperate to get away from the mad reptile. The Mutant Raptor stopped again, raised it's acid-soaked claws, and struck.It was pain beyond any measure Vinyaya had ever felt before. It clawed at the right side of her face, only with the two claws. One claw dug into the far right, from the top of her head to her cheek. The other ran down from her forehead, through her eye, and stopped at the corners of her mouth. Vinyaya screamed in agony as the vision in her right eye suddenly blinked out of existence.The Mutant Lizards let her arms go, allowing her to sink to the ground as she screamed. Tears ran freely from her eyes. She wanted to clutch the right side of her face for comfort, but feared that it would only intensify the pain. The Mutant Raptor moved over slightly, and prepared to strike the left side of her face. At this point, Vinyaya didn't care. She wanted the mind-numbing pain to end.Before the Mutant Raptor could finish her off, it was suddenly hailed on by weapon fire. It stumbled back and roared into the sky before it collapsed. The rest of the Mutant Dinos seemed to realize what they were facing and fled, leaving Vinyaya to suffer.Vinyaya's vision was extremely blurred, but managed to see a man in a blue uniform descend from the sky on a hook, calling her name. The man good a good hold around her and pulled her into the sky. She looked up briefly to see them heading into a blue helicopter. She soon found herself lying on the ground, two Minifigs standing over her. Her shock prevented her from understanding much, but she could see the looks over horror as they looked at her face.Vinyaya lifted her body up briefly and grabbed the uniform of the male Agent that had winched her to safety. "Medic," Vinyaya hissed, tears streaming out of eyes. "Please. NOW!" With that, Vinyaya collapsed into unconsciousness.

OOC: Oh dear. Poor Ingrid. Poor Vinyaya.IC: Over the radio, Rex could hear the ecstatic cheers in response to the news that he delivered. He felt a mixture of pride and relief in the knowledge that his plan had succeeded and that Dr. Rex himself had been defeated. He chuckled softly to himself, a little amused that everyone was so concentrated on the fact that silge metal is invincible that nobody considered that it was metal. Basic physics: metals are highly conductive, and only electricity could take the world's most impenetrable armor and turn it into a lethal weapon.The rain continued to fall, and thunder continued to rumble. Up above, the storm clouds began to swirl over the spot where Dr. Rex had fallen, almost looking like a maelstrom vortex.Rex, Amanda, Frozeen, Greybeard, Adventure, and the two Super Ice Drones stepped out of their vehicles to survey the fallen form of Dr. Rex. He laid still upon the wet pavement, with rainwater running down his armor. He was still alive, and Rex frowned, wondering if his announcement of Dr. Rex's defeat was too early. However, Dr. Rex was gasping for breath, not unlike Ata in his final moments, and while Dr. Rex's eyes still contained that same look of intelligence and madness which had been absent in the red herring Greybeard had fought earlier, Rex saw a new, wild look in his eyes that he recognized all too well, after seeing it countless times in this war... the look of a being who knows that he's about to die."Hah!" laughed Adventure, pointing at Dr. Rex. "You messed with the wrong Minifigs! How do you like getting your tail handed to you, eh?""Hey," Frozeen approached the Super Ice Drones. "I just want you guys to know that... I'd never thought I'd be saying this to your kind, but thanks for the help. We couldn't have done it without you.""Your gratitude has been acknowledged," one of the drones nodded stiffly and emotionlessly. "However, it is not us whom you should thank, for it was our great master Evil Ogel who conceived this plan.""But how did Ogel survive being eaten the first time?" wondered Amanda. "And aren't you two worried about Ogel having sacrificed himself?""Our great master is not dead," stated the other Super Ice Drone, "for he is far too cunning and intelligent. He has cheated death before, he has done so now, and we know that he shall do so again. For even now... Ogel lives.""This reminds me of something I saw in the Alpha Team records," murmured Frozeen. "Something from back in 2001, after Ogel's first defeat... Darn, if I could only remember what it was...""So what do we do with this guy?" inquired Adventure. "Can I bring him home, stuff him, and add him to my trophy collection?""Patience, lad," snorted Greybeard, "ye can't stuff 'im till he be dead. Since he be still alive, we should just kill 'im now, fer dead men tell no tales, says I. He be leadin' a pitiful life, an' be th' cause o' millions o' deaths. He deserves t' die, an' I be ready t' kill him an' get this over wi'." With that, he loaded his flintlock pistol and approached Dr. Rex's head."Wait," Rex held up his hand. Everyone looked at him in surprise."Blow me down, Rex," sighed Greybeard, "ye remain as idealistic as ever. This be no Mutant Lizard hatchlin' ye can take home, where ye can tame it an' call it yer pet. This be Dr. Rex himself. Dr. Rex be beyond savin', an' he deserves t' die. Thar be no point in sparin' his life. An' think o' it this way... we be freein' him from his misery, says I. Be that idealistic enough fer ye?"Rex shook his head. "Idealistic? Yes. It would be very idealistic for us to just put Dr. Rex out of his misery right now. But such an idealistic death... that is not what he deserves."Lowering his head in a way that cast a shadow over his features, Rex stared into Dr. Rex's eyes. "Doctor Ronald Alexander was once a well-meaning scientist. But that has changed. He has become weak-minded and weak-willed, reducing him to a puppet and a mere shell of the man he once was. He has perverted the name of science, taking the study of the world around us and using it to take the lives of millions, destroy the world in which we live, and make the lives of the survivors as miserable as possible... all under the horrible delusion that this was what destiny wanted, when in actuality he has become a pawn of the Darkitect."Gritting his teeth, Rex continued. "In the initial Dino Attack, millions died before the survivors were evacuated to Antarctica. Since then, Dr. Rex has persisted in leading XERRD and the Mutant Dinos in a war against Dino Attack Team, the last hope for Minifig civilization, and in doing so he has taken the lives of many valiant soldiers, scientists, technicians, and civilians caught up in the action. So much blood has stained Dr. Rex's hands. And now, here he lies, in his final moments, gasping his final breaths, trapped in a dying body. Perhaps, only now, he reflects upon all that he has done and realizes the errors of his ways, adding guilt to the pain and agony he is currently in. It would be merciful, indeed, to just put him out of all that misery."Rex shook his head. "But no. That is not what he deserves. He does not deserve mercy or pity. He deserves to lie there, weighted down by all the pain, agony, guilt, and misery that he has placed upon himself, hoisting himself by his own petard. He deserves every last gasp for air, as the instincts of a wild animal take over with the knowledge that he is about to die. He does not even deserve the dignity to die with others around him... no, he deserves to die alone. That is the death that Dr. Rex deserves."Beckoning to his comrades, Rex turned away from Dr. Rex's body. "Let's go. Leave Dr. Rex to his miserable fate."Gradually, the others accepted Rex's words and turned away from Dr. Rex. Adventure returned to the High-Voltage Half-Track, the Super Ice Drones to their Scorpion Orb Launchers, and Rex, Frozeen, Amanda, and Greybeard to the Iron Predator. As Rex started up the Iron Predator's engine, a bolt of lightning shot across the sky above, followed by a loud thunderclap. Rex's heart began to race, and he clutched his chest in pain.Deep laughter echoed across 42nd Street, just barely louder than a whisper but audible enough to send shivers down everyone's spine. It was not Dr. Rex's laugh, Evil Ogel's laugh, or even Lord Sam Sinister's laugh... but Baron Typhonus's laugh.Dr. Rex opened his maw and produced that same eerie blend of a roar and a scream. Massive tendrils of Maelstrom energy erupted from every opening in his armor, including the eyeholes and from his mouth, moving like snakes emerging from their underground dens. Then, horribly reminiscent of the Maelstrom tendrils that Rex had encountered in the Maelstrom Temple, they constricted around Dr. Rex's body, wrapping so tightly around his form that they might have crushed him to death. It was a terrible and horrifying sight to behold, Rex thought, for no one... not even Dr. Rex... deserved such a fate.Then, Dr. Rex did the unthinkable. He was still gasping for breath, and the Maelstrom tendrils looked like they were choking the life out of him, and yet somehow he managed to rise to his feet. Opening his mouth, Dr. Rex delivered a terrifying roar that resonated across LEGO City. Then, Dr. Rex laid his red eyes, from which wisps of purple smoke rose, upon the Iron Predator."Oh my Builder," whispered Rex. Beside him, he could see that Amanda felt the same way. Everyone was horrified by the sight they saw, but none more so than Rex and Amanda, for their acute understanding of the unspoken allowed them to see that which the others did not.Imagine, if you will, how it feels to be Dr. Rex. Every gasping breath you take feels like it might be the last, and you can feel the movement of air grate your insides which have been fried by electricity, but you cannot help but gasp, for the combined weight of silge and Maelstrom weighs you down and chokes you. Pain and agony are your only two senses as you feel like you are being burned alive. And all this time, you thought you were in control of your own fate... and only now, you realize that you are nothing more than a marionette, unable to fight back as your strings are pulled by a greater power. And only now, you know that he will keep pulling your strings. He will not cut them and grant you death, the escape from your horrible life that you now so desire. He will keep you alive so you can feel every bit of pain for the rest of eternity. There is nothing you can do now. You cannot fight back. All you can do now is do what the puppetmaster forces you to do.And there is only one last thing that he wants you to do. Finish the job. Grind the world to dust and leave no one alive.And seeing as the ones he wants you to kill are the very ones responsible for putting you in this miserable state to begin with, you have resigned to your fate, eagerly waiting for the opportunity to satisfy your lust for revenge. It is, after all, not your fault that you are perpetually on the brink of death... it is the fault of those that opposed you in the first place. Dino Attack Team. And so, for now, there is only one thought on your mind, one sole consolation that can bring you joy in a world of misery and pain.The thought of killing every last one of them.OOC: You didn't really think it would be that easy, did you?

"Well, regardless," said Minerva, blasting at several Mutant Raptors trying to ram the Fire Hammer. "Let's hope he stays down. I hope that Maelstrom energy or whatever else he's put in himself doesn't make his body an even bigger problem."
... Nope, you didn't. Heh. Way to call my shots, Andrewnuva. Not the first time you've done that, and I doubt it will be the last time, too.

OOC: This has been bothering me for a while, so I'm just going to go ahead and say it. I'm sorry if I offend.Sarah may be disturbing you, that guy, but Pharisee is disturbing me even more, and I somehow doubt I'm the only one. He seems very out of touch with reality -- I might even say psychopathic -- and I for one sure as heck wouldn't want him walking free in peacetime for even a minute, given his bloodthirsty desire to arrest or kill anyone whose alignment isn't strictly Lawful Good. This wouldn't bother me quite as much were it not for the fact that he exists in the same world as some of my favorite original characters. If Hotwire and Kat are going to die or be arrested, I'd prefer it to happen my way, not because some maniac disapproves of the fact that they are Chaotic Good.The fact is, there's no reason to root for Pharisee anymore. When you first introduced him, I supported him for a while out of the hope that he might beat up Trigger (sorry Atton :P) but he's become so caught up in his fantasies of pure white goodness -- I call them fantasies because there's really no other way to reconcile his apparent sadism with pure white goodness -- that it's very hard to like him at all. At least Trigger isn't a hypocrite.In fact, now that I think of it he's actually better described as a fusion of two separate tropes -- a Blood Knight Templar. And I think he could use a good comeuppance before the end of the game.EDIT: Made the Reclaimer important, avmatoran.IC: "You heard the lady, Dez," Osprey called out. "To the infirmary." His attempt to sound calm failed, as he couldn't keep a tremor out of his voice. Beside him, Jinx was completely speechless, but the lieutenant quickly snapped out of his daze, grabbed the helicopter's first aid kit, and jabbed Vinyaya with a combination painkiller/stabilizer. The Space Police commando, still unconscious, appeared to relax slightly, and Osprey and Jinx gingerly lifted her into a seat and strapped her in."It's a bit rough out here, Cap," replied Desdemona. "You have her secured?" When her inquiry was met with affirmation, Desdemona lifted the Aerial Defense Unit back into the mess of pterosaurs, helicopters, and hoverjets. She blasted a few of the latter out of their way, but one slipped past and scored a hit. The craft shook slightly. Then the pterosaurs began to take interest.Lightning arced through the air and struck the helicopter. One of the rotors faltered slightly and the other rotor slammed into it. They began to drop. Desdemona swore.Then suddenly, with several blasts of energy, the pterosaurs were gone. Osprey peered out the window. The Reclaimer had come alongside them, and the gunship's weapons continued to thud away at their adversaries. He sighed with relief as the rotors resumed their normal pace."Kara Wise, UITech Industries," said the Reclaimer's pilot over the radio. "You all right over there?""I think we're fine now, thanks to you," Osprey resonded. "Could you cover us the rest of the way to the HQ?""Not a problem," Kara said brightly. They soon landed by the battlefield infirmary the medics had set up. Pierce met them with a stretcher, sparing a surprised glance at the Reclaimer hovering protectively above. They carefully transferred the unconscious Holly Vinyaya to the stretcher."Jinx, stay with them," Osprey said, climbing back on board the ADU. "If we can't make it back for you, well, this place could use a touch more defense." Jinx nodded and loaded his weapons, before turning back to follow Pierce. The medic had wheeled the stretcher through the door and then stopped with a look of horror on his face."No. No way. Absolutely not," he said, staring straight ahead. "You are not using those."Mort was sitting by one of the tables, fiddling with the instruments of the late Dr. Luzwheit. "Why not, doctor?" the AT agent asked levelly. "I've reverse-engineered much trickier devices in my time. I've just about got these figured out.""You'll kill her!" Pierce cried."Or that venom will," Mort said, standing. "Medic had folks who were almost corpses back on their feet in minutes, from what I've heard. And unlike him, I understand the importance of the Hippocratic Oath. What have we to lose by trying?" Pierce hesitated for a moment and Mort jumped back in again. "I should add that what we have to lose by not trying is her life."Pierce sighed. "All right, get to it."

Edited by Jackson Lake

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

"Duck, you 4+,"
I know this one. I'm going to facepulm when I find out
OOC: Well you should know it if you've seen my unterganging work.IC: "Yes," Donnie said eagerly as he rolled yet another strike."Hey Walter-,"'"SHUT THE ZNAP UP DONNIE!""Calm down, man," Dude said. "Ït's just a bowling match. You were the one who decided to take us here in the middle of a dinosaur rampage.""Well, it was supposed to be the best bowling alley in town," replied Walter."Yeah man," replied Dude. "But there's like, mutant dinos running around. They could break in at any minute!"W"Calm down, Dude," replied Walter. "Nobody's going to break in here."AAs if on cue, there was a loud smashing noise as someone's car suddenly drove partway into the wall of the alley, knocking a large hole into it.Two men and a women climbed out, one had a revolver in hand but tucked another pistol behind his leather jacket. The other man had an eye patch."What the znap you doing here?" Walter asked.'"Walter," Dude said agitantly. "I think these guys mean business."Walter ignored him. "Can't you see we're in the middle of a bowling match."The man in the jacket raised his revolver and aimed it towards them. "Do I look like I give a znap what you're doing? Stay where you are, if you try anything I swear I'll blow your motherznapping brains out."Alright.""Well," replied Dude. "That's like, your opinion man."Walter started to reach for a bowling ball on the rack, Trigger cocked his gun."We got a few more hostages," Trigger said. "Now I don't want to kill you, but I will if I have to.""Now look," replied Walter. "Just take it easy. Let's all just calm down and solve this like civilliz- SHUT THE ZNAP UP DONNIE!"At that moment, a helicopter was faintly audible in the distance. Trigger walked up to his female companion and grabbed her. "Snake, keep an eye on those three. If any of them move, kill them."Snake nodded. Trigger wrapped a hand around his female companion and put a revolver against her head before walking toward the door.Snake stared for a moment as Trigger left. "Znap this block," he muttered. "I'm getting out of here."With that, Snake lowered his rifle and ran towards the back of the building, through the administration offices, he eventually found a back door and opened it to find a parking lot. Stepping out of the building, he soon found a car conviently parked on the street.Breaking the lock with his gun, Snake opened the door and got into the driver's seat. He got down, opened the lower flap, and started hotwiring the vehicle, and within a few short minutes the engine started. He then hit the ignition and started to drive away.Back in the alley, the three men stood in shock. "Znap it," Walter said as he turned toward the rack."Walter, that's your znapping answer to everything! Every time there's a problem you just say znap it, let's go bowling." Dude shouted. "I told you this was a bad idea!""You kidding?" Replied Walter as he tossed the ball down the lane.

OOC:Yes, Jackson Lake. That is why X2 was assigned to Pharisee. Even Dr. Cyborg saw it. That is why Montoya was protected by X2. Pharisee is an anti-hero's idea of an anti-hero.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

OOC:Yes, Jackson Lake. That is why X2 was assigned to Pharisee. Even Dr. Cyborg saw it. That is why Montoya was protected by X2. Pharisee is an anti-hero's idea of an anti-hero.
OOC: That was also part of the idea behind introducing Montgonel, a more professional and practical man who thinks more in gray and gray morality. If you ask me it makes him the perfect foil.The funny thing is thinking about it, I just realized... Pharisee is doing no better than the guys he's hunting.

OoC:Well Pharisee was always meant to be an anti-hero. I always planned on Pharisee being somewhat brutal with his methods. The idea was to introduce a character that was pious and believed he was divinely inspired to carry on his goal to rob the D.A of the wicked was always part of the plain. For the most part I tried to distance his character from Lutsky. (We all know how he ended up.) I did not want to make just another trigger-happy narcissist who felt he could do no wrong.It seems that Pharisee is becoming the opposite of what I had hoped for. This is more a result of poor writing because it is fun to write an over-the-top figure. I have plains to address that in the future and have a lot more character development still up my sleeves. For instance the fact that he apologized to Amanda after wrongly investigating her should give a hint that he is capable of admitting he made a mistake. It’s hard to live in the reality he has created for himself and often times he has to live with the fact that someone could have wrongly been punished because of him. He feels guilt when bad things happen to good people and believe that the only justice he is capable of is unleashing bad things on bad people. To rationalize this, like so many try to do, he turns to religion in hope that reliance on the creator will lessen the sins he believes he has already committed. In some ways I based part of his character of televangelists and some radical religious groups. Pharisee wants to do the right thing but he knows his methods may be too harsh. As a result he looks for a higher power for guidance and hears what best fit his actions.I try and show that he can be kind to those he sees as good. For example he did not want Montgonal to go with him into Enderson’s because he did not want to put him threw what he has to live with. His lashing out at X2 was because he believed that if his orders were not followed innocent people would die.Yes, he may be misguided. Pharisee sees himself as the only person who is capable of experiencing the tragedy he has to relive on a daily bases. During his life (both before and after joining the D.A) he dealt with a verity of horrible people. Based on his experiences he developed a polarizing opinion of people. By taking up the mantel of the bad-cop, no one else will have too. It’s not something he particularly enjoys but he thinks that by removing those who he sees as bad man from the midst, he makes it easer for everyone else no matter what toll it may have on him personaly.To convince himself that what he is doing is right he developed his black and white morality. It became easer for him to peruse his quarries if he was unable to see the humanity in them. By dehumanizing the people he sees as unrighteous it helps him accomplish that which he has dedicated to himself.Its note worthy that Pharisee does not take killing lightly. He only would kill someone who he believes would commit atrocities if they were spared. Thus far Pharisee has beaten up French Fries as a means to discourage more disorder and Montoya to lead him to who he sees as a greater evil. He plans let Montoya to go once Trigger is caught but now he keeps the man as an asset.The irony of Pharissee being similar to Trigger is not unintentional. Pharisee’s drive to capture a horrible person like him (Sorry Atton) has led him down a path that he justifies by saying “Trigger would do the same” He hopes that by taking Trigger he could make the world better and the good people could live in happiness. Pharisee knows he could destroy his own integrity in the processes but it is a sacrifice he is willing to make. He can be whatever symbol people need him to be if it means expelling bad people. He can be the bad guy if in means the good people can live better.I hope that character analysis helped provide a better understanding of him.

That is all

OOC: Most of what you said I already understood, that guy. It's just that I have to confess, I have a peculiar sense of disgust toward Knight Templar types, so it's almost like sandpaper on my soul when they are portrayed as protagonists. In hindsight, that may have led me to cross some lines, so if I was less than civil in my above rant I apologize once again.

I did not want to make just another trigger-happy narcissist who felt he could do no wrong.
I think the very nature of Pharisee's character makes that very difficult.
it is fun to write an over-the-top figure.
I can relate to that, at least. I've been having a blast with Hazmatt and Epic Winston.
It’s hard to live in the reality he has created for himself and often times he has to live with the fact that someone could have wrongly been punished because of him...Pharisee wants to do the right thing but he knows his methods may be too harsh.
Then maybe he should just stop, for his own sake as much as everyone else's.
He feels guilt when bad things happen to good people and believe that the only justice he is capable of is unleashing bad things on bad people. To rationalize this, like so many try to do, he turns to religion in hope that reliance on the creator will lessen the sins he believes he has already committed. In some ways I based part of his character of televangelists and some radical religious groups.
That's another piece of the reason he and characters/real people like him bother me -- they give religion a bad name. In this sense, I suppose his name is spot on. Was his repulsively blatant hypocrisy deliberate, then?
I try and show that he can be kind to those he sees as good.
Very few people fall into that category, though -- only Lawful Good types, like I mentioned before. I'll use my characters as an example again. Does Pharisee see Hotwire and Kat as good? Yes? Well, it wouldn't take much investigation for him to discover that Hotwire went AWOL three times (and I doubt he would accept injury and temporary memory loss as an acceptable excuse for the first time), or that Kat not only worked for one of the DA team's most dangerous adversaries, but rents out brainspace to the very woman who founded that evil organization. Would he still see them as good then? Unless he has a serious change change of ideology, I'd say that would put the two of them right in the crosshairs of of the Pharisee Orbital Justice Cannon. (Granted, that would make for an interesting interaction. Maybe we should do something with that in the aftermath of the battle) And then there's Andrew, having flirted with mutation, and Dr. Cyborg, who worked for XERRD...heck, it's not just Rex, I think Pharisee would clap ALL our primary characters in irons given the opportunity.I'm rambling. The point is, it seems to take very very little to get on his bad side.
To convince himself that what he is doing is right he developed his black and white morality.
To relieve the cognitive dissonance that comes from regularly committing the same atrocities for which he condemns others to death, he detatched himself from reality.[/translation]
It became easer for him to peruse his quarries if he was unable to see the humanity in them. By dehumanizing the people he sees as unrighteous it helps him accomplish that which he has dedicated to himself.
Even though that dehumanization flagrantly violates both the Geneva Convention and the religion he claims to be devoted to? All right then.
The irony of Pharissee being similar to Trigger is not unintentional. Pharisee’s drive to capture a horrible person like him (Sorry Atton) has led him down a path that he justifies by saying “Trigger would do the same” He hopes that by taking Trigger he could make the world better and the good people could live in happiness. Pharisee knows he could destroy his own integrity in the processes but it is a sacrifice he is willing to make. He can be whatever symbol people need him to be if it means expelling bad people. He can be the bad guy if in means the good people can live better.
Which is fine as long as he realizes he will need to join Trigger behind bars/in death once he's made that sacrifice, though in my mind the jury's still out on whether or not Pharisee even has any integrity to sacrifice.See, Trigger is the sort of character that you love to hate, because he's an irredeemable sociopath. Pharisee is the sort character you just straight-up hate in general -- at least the way he currently is. Not saying there's no hope for him, just that he'll need even more redemption than Trigger to become a likeable character.In short, I hope that explains why I believe Pharisee's only place in post-war society is in a jail cell and/or a therapist's office, because there are much better ways of resolving cognitive dissonance than playing god and killing people.EDIT: I almost forgot to mention -- Atton, the "Rosebud" bit actually made me laugh aloud. Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

IC: Atop a nearby wall set up around Dino Attack HQ, Stranger sat, kneeling as he looked into his laser sniper rifle scope. The rapid rainfall barely bothered him, even as he felt his body get soaked, as he aimed at the targets he could see around the battlefield.He could see, somewhere near the front lines, some kind of XERRD scientists with four arms shooting a kind of large laser around the nearby Dino Attack vehicles, taking out a few of him. One quick shot from his rifle managed to take him down, but Stranger didn't stop to check if he had died from the shot or not. There were other targets to focus on.Somewhere around a downed Iron Predator, a Space Police officer was having a hard time with a swarm of Mutant Raptors and Lizards. Stranger fired as many shots has he could, but he was barely able to pick them off, and in the time it took to reload ammo in his gun, one of the more intelligent raptors had taken a moment to claw her eye out with an acid-laced slash. Before he could get a shot in, an Agents vehicle provided cover and airlifted her out.It almost looked like the Raptor was marking his prey, Stranger mused. A shame he got a barrage of fire for its effort. There's a time and place for that sort of thing, buster, and you chose rather poorly.Stranger was also searching for Dr. Rex, as after hitting him in the eye earlier, he was hoping to try and hit him hard a few more times. But it seemed that he had been drawn further into the city. Scope-peeking into the blocks seemed to give no results, but he did glimpse an Iron Predator and the idealist-aimed build rushing through the streets from time to time.After a few minutes, a barrage of cheers on his PDA radio gave him an answer. He had been downed by a large electrical blast, and was presumably dying right this minute."Well, poopy," Stranger muttered. It seemed he wouldn't have his shot at the biggest beast. Shooting the corpse wouldn't cut it, he had wanted to give a killing blow (Me and everyone else, he also thought).As he gathered his things to go and move back into the HQ tower, he noticed, past the hailfire of rain that was still soaking the area. some kind of vortex formation in the clouds, a little bit to his right. Realizing that this, given everything he had seen and heard at Adventurers Island, that this was no coindence, he started moving right, trying to get in line with an open block to see if he could identify what the vortex might be forming over.As he reached a block in line with a path right to the maelstrom formation, he got back on his knees and looked into his scope again, zooming it to maximum distance. There, through the rainfall, he could see the slightly glinting form of the Mutant T-Rex's somewhat-burnt-looking armor, surrounded by several Ogel and Dino Attack vehicles.And then it happened.With a bolt of lighting and a sound of thunder, purple tentacles began to stream out of the armored Mutant T-Rex's body, wrapping around him until he was looking like a giant purple dinosaur mummy. Steaming mad and purple, the creature rose up on its feet and let out a bellowing roar that felt to Stranger like it was being blown right into his ear.He could see some T-1s moving above him to try and see the sight themselves. Already, he could hear the comn bursting with confusion and cynicism."What was that?""Called it.""So much for a blue milk run.""Someone get a giant taser, Dr. Rex is kicking agin.""Did anyone else hear a deep, dark laugh?""That's it, no one declare a victory again until every one of these things are down for good.""Did they not shoot him enough?"All Stranger could do in reaction was to lower his sunglasses and mutter "...what."-------------The sight for Semick in his T-1 was blurry, and a little silly-looking, but still rather terrifying. Something in him told him that this was not going to get any easier by a long shot. Which he guess he had to suspect from what was the fifth major surprise yet in this battle.It was moments like these that reminded him why he left the Power Miners. He had only been signed on for a year, and that year hadn't exactly been finished when the lava monster problem had begun to surface. He had served well down there, collected a lot of crystals, helped many operations in mining go smoothly, had even seen the Crystal King in person during one particularly vile incident he didn't like to recall. But when he heard the report from the Titanium Command Rig crew about the new discovery, he had been given such a feeling of dread from it that he had wanted to just get done with things and go home.Being assigned to the crew who was to go to the surface and receive and send down the new, more fire-proof equipment proved to be a very strong temptation, once he realized his year was up. At the time, he didn't know that a good one-eight of the men had left around the same time. He had simply filled out the form, turned in his uniform, and walked to the nearest bus stop to go back home. He didn't think at the time that he would be missed. But when he had read the articles in the newspaper and received letters from miners who missed him after the whole ordeal was over, he began to feel like he had abandoned them when he could still help. When there was still a massive challenge to face.That's not going to happen now, for sure, Semick thought to himself as he heard the roar of the Maelstrom-controled Dr. Rex. No matter what happens, I'm serving to the end."Oh no," said Bluetooth quietly from the TALON-9 system. Semick had noted that he had gotten quieter after he had heard distress calls from one Commander Vinyaya, but he felt that this was sure to make him a little more weary."Well, Defend," said Attack from the front gunner port. "Looks like you're twenty bucks richer, you were right after all.""Semick, what do you see?" asked Hertz from HQ over radio. The team didn't fully know what was going on yet, and it seemed that some of the other T-1 pilots were still in jaw-dropping horror from the sight.The Elite Agent knew what had to be done. He grabbed his mic and began speaking to the team via the main comn: "All agents, I was right to say that we can't drop our guard with Dr. Rex's defeat. The Maelstrom is somehow taking control of his body, and getting him back on his feet to strike hard at us again. Prepare yourselves, and remember that we have beaten this enemy before, quite recently, at Adventurers Island. We did it once, we can sure as heck do it again!"Just remember that I don't want you being suicidal here. If you see it charging at you, get the Megablok out of its way! I just don't want you to give up now! Running around in circles crying about how we're doomed isn't going to help anyone, and I might add that it would be pitiful for us to go down like that."He then switched to the private HQ frequency. "Hertz, I think now's as good as a time as ever to prepare HQ for an evacuation. We've both seen the Maelstrom in action, and I have a feeling that if this... thing turns its eye on HQ, we're going to have a hard time stopping it. Get another location set up for you and the team to work from, or at least bunker down there at the lower floors. We can't let the fall of this building truly mean the fall of this team."We'll.. we'll try, Semick.""Also, let the Founding Members know that the team's getting restless about where they are. Having them out here could improve morale, and at this point, we need all the morale we can get more than ever.""Heh, I can understand that. Anything else?"Semick thought for a second about his options. He recalled something he said earlier, and answered "Can you get me on XERRD's radio frequency?""Uh, sure. But I'm sure they wouldn't want to hear you. Plus we're still trying to block them.""Take out the block. I think we need to say something to them, and if it works, they could probably use full radio access.""Really? I-wait, I see what you're thinking. Give me a sec..." a few moments passed, wherein Semick flew back closer to HQ. "Alright," Hertz said finally. "You're on their line."Semick cleared his throat and prepared to speak. "Agents of XERRD," he said "This is Elite Agent Semick of DIno Attack! As you might be figuring out, your 'leader' is nothing more but a mere drone of the Maelstrom, which is trying to use to wipe us out for good! Now this might seem like good news to you, but I happen to know that several of your people have seen the true form of the Maelstrom in person at Adventurers Island, and I believe they know that Maelstrom is not under your control, and is merely using you to wipe out this planet and everything on it!"You know as well as I do about how the Maelstrom is in every Mutant Dino! If it can take control of your 'leader', it can sure as heck take control of your primary army! And even if it remains under your control, and you successfully wipe us out, I doubt it will spare you, given what I've heard about this 'Darkling' that controls it! He wishes to wipe out our planet, and if that happens, there isn't going to be anything left for you to rule-if you're still even alive!""Because of this, I have an offer to you: Proclaim a truce! Drop the hostilities we've held for months, just this once, and join us in our efforts to wipe these creatures out! Even if you don't care for our planet or our people, you surely must realize, being the smart scientists you are, that you are at a Hobson's Choice: fall to us in our fight against you, or fall to the Maelstrom when it finally disposes of you!"Choose wisely. You don't have much time. None of us do."----------"I FREAKING called it!""Hijacked by Maelstrom AGAIN? Really?!""If this thing starts spewing out another Stromling army, I'm writing the Baron a strongly-worded letter about the absurdity here!""Argh, what are we supposed to do now!""Music! I need the right music!""Right now, those trippy dreams I had about a pony in a bow tie playing a cello sound pretty tame.""Hold the line, men, hold the line!""Doesn't anyone stay dead anymore?""At least this rain hasn't turned to sleet yet."

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

OOC: That's just...whoa. I mean I figured Dr. Rex wasn't finished yet, but the whole "divine intervention" by Baron Typhonus is just...whoa. Just a little more sympathy points to Dr. Rex now that realizes he's the Darkitect's plaything.Which reminds me: there was this idea I thought about. Maybe some Fridge Brilliance, I don't know. I'll probably introduce it the next post.IC:"Son of Znapping Megablok! That Znapping piece of Jack Stone-znapping-4+-znapping Megablokin' Megabloker!""Ole Kirk, man! Cool it. Just keep fighting."Did anyone see that ominious swirling vortex in the sky? Looked kinda like a maelstrom-oh Znap."Figures. Cough up the money, boys. I told you.""-Repeat! Mutant Tyrant Lizard King: Dr. Rex is still in the game!""This Typhonus guy is getting worse at hijacking the plot than that Ganonbrick guy in-""Maybe XERRD will figure out exactly how screwed they are now."Zelda Frodongan couldn't hide her displeasure at these new updates. Dr. Rex's revival and this Builder-forsaken Cyrista's Bane would not give. Dr. Cyborg had sent some agents to a Power Plant building for some plan that would hopefully take down this beast. In the meantime, she and Nazareno had continued to take down Mutant Dinos around the beast and occasionally take a strike at the beast itself.Zelda was running through a pack of Mutant Lizards, knocking their heads off with her swords with ease. Among other things she heard on her headset was Commander Vinyaya's distress call. She had wanted to go after her, but the sheer number of Mutant Dinos around her prevented that. She demanded a status update and learned that Vinyaya was alive, but had been scarred by acid thanks to the work of a Mutant Raptor.She shuddered uncomfortably. That combined with Zachary's disappearance did nothing to brighten her spirits. Zelda jumped in to the air and landed on to the ruins of a Steel Sprinter. Around her, Parr, Sullivan, and Fredricksen were taking shots at any Mutant Dinos that crossed her path. She looked up and saw a Steel Sprinter flying into the air, Nazareno on it. Zelda held her breath as Nazareno kicked the ATV down on to a pack of Mutant Lizards. The kick boosted him into the air, allowing him to land on top of Mutant T-Rex's head.Zelda grinned. She couldn't hide that she was attracted to Nazareno. Perhaps it was the comfort he had provided to her after coming out of her Stromling comotose. Perhaps his taking an interest in her skill. Maybe it was calm seriousness with a hint of dry humor. Whatever it was, Zelda liked him. The only problem was Nazareno's mysteriousness. She wasn't sure if he noticed her attraction. She wasn't even sure if he was attracted to women. Or any Minifig, really.She jumped back into the fray. Her feelings over the matter would have to be dealt with later. There was a battle win.**********************************Zach's head seared with pain. The Darkitect - the Maelstrom - had done something. Something bad. He could feel it."Are you okay?" Athena asked, concerned. She had flashed out into another memory and once again did not recognize Zach. She was abruptly smacked in the back of the head by the Hybrid who was guarding her as they walked up the stairs. It snarled in its harsh voice which Zach could easily translate as "Shut up."Instead of simply killing, the Hybrids had chosen to take them upstairs. As they passed by rooms, it didn't take Zach long to figure out that XERRD had made some command post of this building. Hybrids were posted by windows with sniper rifles, picking off any Dino Attack Agent that came into their sights.As they neared the top, Zach could hear a frail voice speaking."-saw it herself! Maelstrom shot out of his body! Then he got up and turned against those Dino Attack agents that had taken him down!"They finally reached the top of the building. Three Hybrids were at the edge of the roof, sniping. At the center stood a short Space Marauder with large, round-rimmed glasses that seemed somewhat fogged over with a short wisp of white hair on his head. On his back was a strange looking backpack with a nozzle head on top of it.This man was speaking to the larger man in a tan trenchcoat with XERRD's emblem on his left arm. He had shaggy, pure white hair and work dark, reflective sunglasses with a small scar underneath the right lens and had the barest hint of a goatee on his chin. He wore black, fignerless gloves and in one hand clutched a radio. He was hard to read, but Zach could see he held the radio tensely. He brought the radio to his face."So, Michelle," the man said, putting unnecessary emphasis on the woman's name. "Is what Dr. Gadd told true?" Silence, then, "And you heard this 'Elite Agent Semick's' message, correct?" A longer period of silence. "Well, Dr. Glados, I've been able to see that our leader has been going off his rocker since you, Barabbas, and Gonapus returned from the cursed temple. Even if he has suddenly stood up from the brink of death itself, he is hardly fit to continue leading this organization, which puts you in command. Whatever you chose to do, I'll stand by it. Even if it is stupid and foolish." Silence followed, with the man smirking. "I love you too, Glados. Now stop with the petty insults and take charge."The man pocketed the radio and turned to Dr. Gadd. "How exactly did you get here so fast, Alvin?"Dr. Gadd pointed to his strange backpack, a strange grin on his face. "Water-powered jetpack that also doubles as a laser cannon. There is quite a bit of science to it. I call it the Flight and Laser Ultra Destruction Device, or-""I see," the man said, scratching his beard. "Get back into the field and continue to fight against the Dino Attack unless Glados takes this 'Semick's' advice."Alvin Gadd frowned. "As you wish, Darkling." Zach grimaced at his name. What Stromlings used to be called. He pressed a button, causing the nozzle on his device to point downwards. A blast of pressurized water fired from the nozzle, shooting Gadd into the air. He turned and started to descend from the building back into the battlefield."Now then," Darkling said, turning to Zach, Athena, and the Hybrids. He walked forward and stared at them. Zach was extremely unnerved by man's sunglasses, which prevented anyone from seeing his eyes. He turned his head toward Athena, a smirk forming on his mouth. "Let her go, please."The Hybrid shoved Athena Fabello away from it. She stumbled and fell to the ground. Darkling extended a hand and helped the woman back on to her feet. "Who are you?!" Athena demanded both with fear and angry in her voice.Darkling cleared his throat. "How nice it is to see you again, Ms. Fabello."Zach couldn't hide his surprise. "How-?!" His objections were muffled as he felt a sharp electrical pain in his side, causing him to collapse to his knees. He glanced up at Athena, who had gone into one of her 'transition' phases again. Suddenly, a smile formed on Athena's face as she looked at Darkling."Hello, again, Mr. Darkling!"

IC:"Kara, this is Matthew. Can you receive me?" Dr. Cyborg sent."I can hear you. What do you need?" Kara replied."The grav-beams on your ship that were used for loading cargo. Are they still functional?""Yes, they are, as always. What do you need them for?""The power plant. Some agents are breaking it apart. I need you to use the grav-beams to lift the debris out. I also need you to cut apart and remove the bunker around the generators themselves.""Will do, Dr. Cyborg."

Edited by avmatoran

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC: Helm maneuvered Tracer's Vindication around a pile of rubble, while Giles continued to pound away at the power plant with blasts from the XMM launcher. The mariner peered out as the Reclaimer floated in overhead and began picking up the chunks of broken bricks with some sort of tractor beam."Careful not to damage the generators themselves," Dr. Cyborg reminded.Helm wondered, not for the first time, what crazy scheme the scientist had up his sleeve.------------------------For the second time, the Grendelwulf brothers' bright red jetcycle careened back into the city, having outraced B's Fire Hammer. They blazed through the streets back towards the melee around DAHQ, blasting and hacking their way through the scores of dinos and XERRD forces. At one point a Space Marauder who'd been zooming about the battle with a jetpack came alongside them, exchanging several blows with Epic Winston before the latter scored a hit with his broadsword through one of the jetpack's thrusters. The Space Marauder hit the street hard and rolled, but by the time he got back up, the brothers were long gone.It was then that they noticed an Inferno chopper tailing them. Epic Winston snatched one of Hazmatt's SMGs and fired a spray of bullets at the craft. It dodged easily and accelerated until it was right above the bike. An orange-clad figure wearing a a dark-visored helmet and wielding two short scimitars dropped from the chopper and landed on the hood of the bike. Acting on reflex, Hazmatt turned sharply. The back wheel swung around with a screech and the smell of scorched rubber, but the Inferno henchman managed to maintain his balance. This didn't last long, because as soon as the bike had rotated 180 degrees, Hazmatt threw it into reverse -- another addition that command chose to overlook -- and executed the same maneuver. This time, the henchman was thrown to the street.He picked himself up and flourished his blades as the Grendelwulf brothers stepped down from the jetbike."Sargon," Hazmatt snarled. "If you went to so much effort to get our attention again, you must have a death wish.""One we are only happy to oblige," Epic Winston added, assuming an attack position.A typical Inferno goon probably would have spat some sort of cheesy retort or one liner. Perhaps it was the fact that the Grendelwulf brothers were expecting something along those lines that allowed the warrior called Sargon to take them by surprise when he hurled one of his swords. It whirled through the air towards Hazmatt's head, and he only just managed to dodge. The blade, honed so far beyond razor-sharp that the very edge was only a few molecules thick, sliced off a lock of his hair as it passed before burying itself in one of the jetcycle's tires.Epic Winston charged then and engaged Sargon. Hazmatt tossed his guns away, drew a dagger from his boot, and pulled a short sword from a storage compartment on the side of the bike before joining his brother."You've improved," Epic Winston said between strikes. And it was true -- even with only one blade, Sargon was still a truly formidable opponent. Soon Winston and Matthias were fighting for their lives.------------------------"Znap, I knew our luck wouldn't last!""What the hey is that cyborg guy trying to do, anyhow?""--going to try and get behind it. Don't shoot until--""Okay, we're gonna need a bigger lightning tank.""When the Blok is Alpha Team coming? We're not gonna last much longer against that thing!""How come they never gave us Silge-armored vehicles?""Holy znap, the Maelstrom is back! Game over, man!""This might not be the best time to say it, but I think I lo--""Beware! Beware, you dino folk! These blasts of green are not a joke!""What happened? Did they get Commander Vinyaya out okay?"------------------------Hotwire cursed when he saw the tendrils of Maelstrom energy and heard the comms blowing up. "How is that possible? We kicked the Darkitect off of the planet. He can't just come strolling back in like this!""The fact that you closed a door does not prevent the Darkitect from gaining entry through a window," said Kat. "The windows being, of course, the mutant dinosaurs themselves. since each one contains a small amount of the Maelstrom. Apparently, that fool Ronald has more of that dark energy in his body than any other being on the planet, so it is but a trifle for the Darkitect to assume total control over him, like a puppetmaster manipulating the strings of a marionette.""How'd you know all that?" Hotwire exclaimed."Know what?" Kat said quizzically."All that stuff you just said about the dinos and the Maelstrom and Dr. Rex, of course.""I didn't say anything.""What do you mean? You just spouted off a whole--""Wait, was I speaking with a slight Barron accent?""Well, I didn't really notice, but I guess you might have--""Megabloks!" Kat burst out. "She's not keeping up her end of the bargain!""What are you talking about?" demanded Hotwire, exasperated."Less talk, more shooting!" Larson interrupted.Kat sighed. "Sorry about that," she said, sounding just as exasperated as Hotwire. "Katerina must've come out for a few seconds. Won't happen again. I hope."OOC: Leaving for the weekend, one last time. I promise. When next I come back, I'll be back for good. Any of my characters except for Helm and the Grendelwulf brothers are open for interaction.

Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

EDIT: I almost forgot to mention -- Atton, the "Rosebud" bit actually made me laugh aloud.
OOC: I'll have to admit, I was rather surprised at how many of the classics you guys spotted in there, though there's still quite a few lines you people missed.IC: Sarah Bishop was startled for a moment as a hand tapped her on the shoulder, she turned around and cocked her gun, only to realize it was actually Firecracker."We've planted the charges," he said. "I suggest we get out of here."Quickly, Firecracker led the two women down the stairs, and out the door when they were inturupted by a hissing sound. Turning around, they saw a paraticularly nasty-looking hybrid standing in the doorframe. It started to approach when Sarah reached into Firecracker's jacket and pulled out a stick of dynamite."You got a light?" Sarah asked. Firecracker nervously gave her his lighter. She lit the fuse as the hybrid hissed once more."YEAH AND ZNAP YOU TOO!" Sarah shouted as she tossed the dynamite inside. They all ran as far as they could down the street within seconds of the building going up in smoke, one charge after the other exploded in session, creating an enourmous blast.

"Is Agent Vinyaya safely out of there?" Rotor shouted over the radio."Affirmative," replied Cabin, calmly. "She's just been evacuated.""Good," replied Rotor. "I want you and Kara Wise to regroup with the rest of us. It's time to take out this motherznapper once and for all."

Edited by Atton Rand

OOC:Ah, Atton, Kara's at the power plant, disassembling it.IC:Kara had flown in and seen a few Fire Hammers, Urban Avengers, and if she wasn't mistaken, an Iron Predator blasting the building into scrap. She activated the grav-beams and started loading the rubble into the Reclaimer's cargo bay. She fired up the cutting laser and carefully cut and removed the reinforced concrete bunker around the generators. If she knew Dr. Cyborg, he had some wild-but-probably-gonna-work plan that required precision to set up.--------------------------------------------------"You owe me ten bucks from out bet!""Where are the XERRD and Inferno men?""Some on the surface, some on the towers.""Evil Madman: Dr. Rex.""I knew he was gonna get up! Every final boss has at least three phases.""A Mutant Extinct Reptile that had it's mind switched to be the big bad encased in almost invulnerable armor, turned into a zombie by an evil goo, and a cyborg Mutant Extinct Reptile! Can this battle get anymore improbable?""Why is the Cyborg T-Rex named after that one XERRD scientist, that younger one with his own company, you know, the one that got really popular after the Mindstorms/Dacta disaster?"

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC: "C'mon guys! Sing a song and stay strong!""I need a boat! I need a boat!""I knew I should've put a Tesla device on this thing.""I have not... come this far... to die now.""XERRD, you really should start helping us out!""Hah hah. Giant Maelstrom Armored Mutant T-Rex Mummy. That's just rich.""If only Zero hadn't gotten discharged..."The comn chatter only seemed to frustrate Sherlock as he tried to outrun a Mutant T-Rex on his tail. The blasted thing had seen him a few minutes ago, and seemed heck-bent on getting him. It was even shrugging off attacks from other agents' vehicles in its mad chase of one measly Urban Avenger. Truly it seemed that, in spite of all the intelligence the idealists liked to say they had, Mutant Dinos could definitely be downright stupid at times.This wasn't exactly helping Sherlock stay motivated. After he had returned to HQ, he had ended up being found out by the higher-ups, and it was quite likely that, as he was supposed to be discharged, that he would have to be removed from the premises. But once word about the upcoming attack came in, it was seen as preferable to keep him on, seeing as every helping hand available would be needed for the defense. So he was accepted back in-though as an ally and not an official agent.Now he was barley keeping himself together. The various hordes of Mutant Dinos and all the boss-sized T-Rexes were hard for him to handle, even during some of the team-focused strikes. And this stubbornly determined Mutant T-Rex wasn't helping.Turning again to try and aim his mounted Sonic Screamer at it, he failed to notice as he approached some uprooted asphalt right in front of his path. His vehicle hit it head on and was stopped suddenly, propelling Sherlock out of his seat and onto the wet street.The Mutant T-Rex stood above him as the ex-agent rolled over to face him. He grimmanced as he prepared to meet the infernal heat that was the creature's mouth. But as the creature lowered its head, several Z-1 Kinetic Launcher shots came in from the right and hit the creature straight on in the head. The T-Rex stumbled to the side, then fell to the ground, crushing Sherlock's Urban Avenger in the process."Drat!" Sherlock groaned. Even if he had avoided death, he wasn't getting luckier. He looked to where the shots had came from, and was greeted by the sight of another Urban Avenger pulling up to him. What struck him immediately was not only the unusual choice of a mounted weapon, but a distinct black-and-teal color scheme adorning it.As the ex-agent got back up to his feet, he got a look at the driver. He looked to be in his mid-twenties, yet hardened by plenty of battle experience. He had a simple, albeit scarred face. He wore a simple goggle-adorned helmet and a dark grey poncho over a uniform with a teal left sleeve."You alright?" The driver asked. "Sorry about your vehicle, those things happen.""Euh, I suppose," said Sherlock. He glanced back the T-Rex, which was trying to get back up on its legs, but by now the other Dino Attack vehicles were swarming in and subduing it."Trust me, they do," the driver continued, getting out of the Urban Avenger "Here, you can use mine. I have plenty of other options for them.""Oh! Well, uh, thanks." Sherlock smiled awkwardly, getting into the vehicle himself."Don't mention it. I know you've been through a lot lately."Sherlock sighed for a moment. "So you've heard of my... poor decisions during the schism? I do wish I could leave those behind."The driver gave an understanding smile. "We all do, buddy. I've made plenty of bad decisions in my time, most of them much worse than your breaking of a few Green Goo pods. All we can do is apologize for them, make amends, and continue moving forward, you know what I mean?""Yeah.""Take that to heart, and keep up the good work out here. Dwelling on the bad parts of our past only drag us down. Just focus on the task at hand and move along."The driver tipped his helmet and began walking off into the misty rain. After reflecting on the man's words, Sherlock suddenly asked "Hey, don't you want a ride back?"There was no response. Sherlock drove the Urban Avenger in the direction the agent had gone off in, and found nothing.Sherlock was confused, but remembering what the guy had said, he reminded himself it might be best to just focus back on the battle going on around him. As he spotted a pack of Mutant Raptors and made to steer towards them, he caught notice of a tag on the key ring for the key in the Urban Avenger's ignition. Grabbing it and holding it out straight, he was chilled to the core by what he red.Urban Avenger #4029Property of: Kotua

Edited by Andrewnuva199

OOC: Kotua? *Gasp You can't hide that from me, Andrewnuva! I have the email for proof! XDIC:"What!?" Zach snapped. How did Athena Fabello know who this guy was? She could hardly remember anything. He grunted as he was stabbed in the side by the electrospear again. "Son of a-" Zach turned, and blasted the Hybrid in the face with the Maelstrom. It stumbled back in surprise and fell off of the building.Another jab in the side by the other Hybrid sent Zach back to his knees. Darkling stepped past Athena briefly and glanced down at Zach with an emotionless face. "You must be that Zachary Virchaus I heard about."Zach coughed. "And from your last name, I can assume you're Blaire Darkling." Blaire smirked. "How do you know who I am?""Michelle Glados. She mentioned you," he jerked his thumb back at Athena. "her daughter, Matthew Cyrista, and a samurai which we are led to believe is the Quasifigus pterisa that was supposed to be executed by Wallace Bishop. She stated you were the one that had Maelstrom flying out your fingers and was formerly a Stromling." Blaire chuckled darkly. "Even from a boring monotone like her, one could tell she was furious. Ms. Fabello's daughter destroyed her teleporting device, the Quasifigus Hybrid blasted her with lightning, and she believes you are the reason sweet Carolyne could not be with us today."Zach rose to his feet, trying to keep his temper in check. "That's what happened."Blaire turned away. "If I were you, Miss Fabello, Dr. Cyrista, or the Hybrid, I would make sure not to cross paths with Dr. Glados today. It would not be a fun experience.""I'll keep that in mind," Zach growled."Where are we?" Athena asked kindly, tapping Blaire's shoulder. "I thought we were in an underground facility?""We've moved to LEGO City, Ms. Fabello," Blaire said, crossing his arms. "A more...ideal location.""Okay. And who's that?" She pointed to Zach."A troublemaker, if you will. A trespasser. He will be leaving shortly."Athena smiled warmly at Zach. "It doesn't seem to be doing anything wrong. He just wants to see the dinosaurs. Let him go."Zach raised an eyebrow and looked at Blaire. He shrugged and beckoned Hybrid to back away. Athena walked up to him."Do you know what XERRD does?" Athena asked, almost excitedly."You mean besides murder millions of people?" Zach muttered quietly."They study dinosaurs!" Athena grinned. "How cool is that? I didn't even know dinosaurs will still around. And my son gets to spend time around them all day!"Zach coughed. "Your son?""Yes! I feel like I missed so much of his childhood, but my little Oz has grown into a handsome young man and gets to spend his time guarding the dinosaurs! I can't wait until Isaac, Tod, and Minnie get to see this!"Minnie? He suppressed a smirk at this, considering something sinister was up with this. "What year is it?"Athena paused for a moment. "2010, isn't it?""Almost Christmas, I may add," Blaire said in the background.Athena gasped. "Shoot! I haven't even started shopping yet!" Athena turned away from him and seemed to start forming a list in her head of what to get her family, including her deceased son and husband, for the holidays. Zach moved to Blaire, who smirked."How does she know what year it is?" Zach demanded quietly. "How does she remember XERRD, or you, or anything?"Blaire smirked, as if he was impressed with himself. "Athena Fabello is an interesting case, to say the least. Her amneisa and short-term memory is unlike anything I've heard of before. I would blame the men at Napoleon XIV for not doing more to uncover the strange secrets of the woman's mind, but as is, they were missing a key part: Her close family and friends.""Alright, back up," Zach said, crossing his arms. "Napoleon XIV says she passed away-""Just as I predicted," Blaire scoffed. "Oswald requested that he be allowed to go to Antarctica and to abduct his mother from the mental institution. Curiosity over the facilities lead me to accompany him. We very easily managed to escape the facilities with Athena and Napoleon XIV would cover it up.""Doesn't explain how she remembers you and XERRD or acknowledges her children as adults."Blaire nodded. "I pride myself as the most intelligent man in XERRD that isn't a scientist. I have carefully observed when I'm not busy and have come up with conclusions of my own. I'll start by saying that when we first found Athena in the mental institute, she recognized Oswald as an adult, but incorrectly assumed that the rest of her offspring as children. Oswald upset her, and she switched to an illusion of Oswald being a child. I thought nothing of it until after returned to XERRD's outpost in the Goo Caverns.""According to Oswald, he went to check up on her after an hour or so of being absent. Upon meeting her, Athena recognized him again as an adult and seemed much more aware of what was going on around her. She asked what Oswald was doing, and he told her he was a security guard for a scientific organization. She was apparenty ecstatic that her 'little Ozzie' had a job and asked to be given a tour of the facility. Surprisingly, Oswald complied."While that outpost did not match the Dinosaur Island Laboratory in terms of size, there will still science labs and dinosaurs pens in it, which was enough to satisfy Athena. She was fascinated by everything she saw, but was mostly excited by the dinos. Due to her 'insanity', she wasn't aware that dinosaurs were discovered to still be alive years ago." Blaire chuckled again. "She is by no means a paleontologist, but she showed a surprising amount of knowledge concerning the dinos. Probably more than most of the scientists in the organization before XERRD began to focus on the Dino Attack."At one point, I directly spoke with Athena and Oswald, the latter introducing me as the head security guard, which is not too far from the truth. I flattered her and made a good impression and she took a liking to me. Oswald then took me to the side and told me she hadn't swapped illusions for hours while back in Napoleon XIV she had been switching illusions every few seconds."Blaire turned his head slightly, and Zach looked back. Athena was attempting to talk to the Hybrid guard. She seemed absolutely carefree and almost amused by Hybrid's lack of response. Finally, the Hybrid spoke to her in its rough tongue, clearly annoyed. Athena just smirked and tried to translate what it said."I have come to the conclusion," Blaire continued. "That Athena's mind does not handle 'bad' memories very well. If something upsets her, her mind will simply dispose of the memory and restart at a different memory. The only rare cases of this not being the case is when she feels that her family is in danger. However, if she is made profoundly happy, such as the case with her grown-up son showing her around his 'work place' that is filled with fascinating creatures such as dinosaurs, she will not switch memories. And, as I have just proven, she will remember that new memory if triggered by someone who was in it, such as myself."Zach let this think in. "So just seeing Oswald as an adult brought her into the present?""I imagine it was more complicated than that. It was not seeing her son for six years that likely caused this. Her brain recognized him as Oswald, only now a grown man.""And she still thinks Isaac and Tod Fabello are alive?"Blaire shrugged. "As I said, she does not take bad memories well. I believe her brain simply erased her husband's death and her murdering of her son so that when she manages to bring herself into the present, she still thinks they are alive." Blaire flipped his hair back, then seemed to evaluate Zach for a moment. "You seem to know a lot more about this than you should."Zach jerked his head toward Athena. "I happen to very close to her daughter."Blaire grinned, rubbing his chin. "Close. I see.""Out of curiosity," Zach said. "What was up with the Gadd guy and your talk with Glados?""Our communication devices have been disabled for a while. As one of XERRD's top operatives, Glados obviously felt the need to inform me of Dr. Rex's situation, so she sent Alvin Gadd to inform. Then communications came on back on, your Elite Agent gave his message, and I spoke to Glados personally through the radio.""And so what exactly is Dr. Rex's situation?" Blaire explained what he had been told by both Dr. Gadd and Dr. Glados. Zach shivered. That's why his head had been hurting early."At this point, I fully consider Dr. Rex's beyond our help," Blaire said, crossing his arms. "Michelle Glados is as good as the leader of this crumbling organization.""Wait, so you've do know you've been the Darkitect's puppet?"Blaire sighed. "Since the Maelstrom Temple was cleansed, unfortunately. I only remain in this organization to not incur Dr. Rex's wrath and because of my moral code of my darker days that requests that I finish this final battle, no matter the outcome. However, I let those guards go because they are not bound by my rules." Blaire laughed bitterly. "How ironic. The bulk of this organization, myself included, were former Paradox operatives. The ones who knew the Maelstrom best ultimately were the ones manipulated into doing its bidding."Zach simply stared. "You have a screwy code. Just defect. Join the Dino Attack Team." Blaire merely flipped his hair back again and looked away. Zach immediately thought of something. "Consider this, Darkling. If Dr. Rex wins, he'll exterminate every Minifig. Once upon a time, he wouldn't have taken out his organization due to being a Minifig himself. Now that he's a Mutant T-Rex, he has no such qualms. He can truly eliminate the Minifig race, his own employees included because, as he is no longer a Minifig, he would not have to martyr himself to truly accomplish 'his' goals. If he wins, he'll eventually turn on you and kill you."Blaire scoffed. "I do have a plan in mind to prevent that from happening." The man didn't elaborate any further. Zach scowled. No use trying to reason with this guy."So what are you going to do with me? I had promised to Minerva that I would stay with her through this battle and thanks to her brother, I'm here instead."Blaire revealed a cold smile. "I have been considering something. It won't be friendly, however." Zach stepped back and prepared to launch a ball of Maelstrom at the XERRD commander when a Hybrid appeared from the stairwell and beckoned Blaire towards it. Blaire turned and followed it down the stairs.Zach turned toward Athena. She glanced at him and smiled. "Mr. Darkling is rather polite man.""Yeah..." Zach received mixed signals from Blaire Darkling. One one hand, he was an arrogant, narcissistic ##### who put way too much emphasis on his speech. One the other hand, he came across as an affable anti-villain who seemed to at least somewhat regret helping cause the Dino Attack.Blaire returned. His expression did not betray any feelings. "I have been requested to let you both go, I have agreed." Zach raised an eyebrow in surprise. Was it that affable anti-villain part of him. "Two Hybrids will escort you to the other side of the river. After that, you are on your own." Zach nodded, unsure what to think. "Ms. Fabello," Blaire said, directly speaking to Athena now. He smiled. "Mr. Virchaus will lead you to your daughter."Athena's gray eyes brightened. She walked up to Zach, beaming. Zach grimaced. Something wasn't right here. "Let's go," he said. He started to walk for the stairs, Athena Fabello and two Minifig/Mutant Lizard Hybrids close behind.

OOC: You can't hide that from me, Andrewnuva! I have the email for proof! XD
OOC: I was a litttle iffy about a flat-out reveal like that at the end, partly due to me wanting the chance for myself and others to be able to use this "mysterious stranger." You think I should just give in and put it back?EDIT: NVM, did it already. Edited by Andrewnuva199

OOC: Just to be clear, the clouds that swirled overhead above Dr. Rex were merely foreshadowing and symbolism; it wasn't actually the Maelstrom itself.Well, that guy, if it helps any, I just really want to see Trigger finally get what's been coming to him (being a jerkman to everyone in the Dino Attack Team, trying to kill Amanda after she's reformed just because she foiled one of his jobs, and then hypocritically leaving the most important job he's ever taken so that he could ditch Dino Attack Team in the darkest hour), so I eagerly await the Pharisee/Trigger confrontation, even if Pharisee does act a little too much like a Knight Templar.

OOC: That's just...whoa. I mean I figured Dr. Rex wasn't finished yet, but the whole "divine intervention" by Baron Typhonus is just...whoa. Just a little more sympathy points to Dr. Rex now that realizes he's the Darkitect's plaything.
Intended Audience Reaction: achieved. Also, I chuckled a bit at the E. Gadd ersatz and all the Boss Subtitles that have been given to Dr. Rex.By the way, Andrewnuva, you should mention the unique color scheme of that particular Urban Avenger... and yes, guys, I explicitly granted him permission to do this.IC: Rex watched the Maelstrom-enslaved Dr. Rex in undisguised horror. The chaotic energies were keeping Dr. Rex alive, but in doing so, granting him a fate worse than death. Rex knew that he had just said that Dr. Rex deserved to suffer a painful death... but this... no one deserved this.Luckily, the Super Ice Drones, being among Ogel's most efficient soldiers, felt little more than dull surprise upon seeing Dr. Rex rise again. Already back in their Scorpion Orb Launchers, they proceeded to attack him once again. The scorpion mechs had seen better days, as one was missing a claw and the other's stinger tail was partially bitten off in the previous battle against Dr. Rex, and Rex knew that they would not last long, but Rex did not expect to see Dr. Rex tear one of them to shreds in a matter of seconds. The Maelstrom was doing more than simply keeping him alive, Rex noted.As soon as he found his voice, Rex screamed into the radio: "F-FIRE!"Adventure responded quickly, firing everything the High-Voltage Half-Track had upon Dr. Rex. Once again, the silge armor conducted the powerful electric shock across Dr. Rex's entire body, and the mad-scientist-turned-T-Rex delivered yet another spine-shivering mixture of a roar and a scream, but this time, he remained on his feet and did not collapse. If anything, it made the Maelstrom tendrils constricting his body glow brighter and wrap even tighter."Fools..." Dr. Rex spoke in a strained voice through clenched teeth. "You fail... to understand... The more you... hurt me... the more powerful... he... makes me!" With that, he opened his maw, and a powerful jet of purple-tinged flames erupted from his mouth, disintegrating the remaining Scorpion Orb Launcher. Rex had heard accounts of a similar trait from the Green Goo-mutated T-Rex known as Crunchbite, but this breath weapon was undoubtedly far more destructive due to the Maelstrom's enhancements.Rex paled. Now that electric shocks would only make Dr. Rex even more powerful than ever, his plan to take down Dr. Rex was foiled. "Pull back!" he ordered. "We need back-up!" He kicked the Iron Predator into motion and drove at top speed away from Dr. Rex. Driving alongside the Iron Predator was Adventure's High-Voltage Half-Track. Together, they raced down 42nd Street."Guys?" called Sam Race. "He's... he's catching up to us!" Managing a quick glance over his shoulder, Rex saw that Dr. Rex was pursuing the two Dino Attack vehicles, determined to destroy them both."I've never seen a Mutant T-Rex run that fast before," remarked Frozeen, "especially not with all that armor weighing him down.""He's getting closer!" reported Sam Race."Blast it," Rex gritted his teeth. "I doubt our Z-1 Kinetic Launcher, Cosmotronic Ray, or flintlock pistol will do anything to him, and because he took out the Cryothermic Cannon, we're defenseless!"Adventure's voice came in on the radio. "I... think I may know how to save you guys. I'm going to create a distraction and hold him back long enough for you to escape." Before Rex could reply, he saw the High-Voltage Half-Track next to him come to a sudden stop as Adventure slammed in the brakes."What are you doing!" gasped Rex. "You're going to get yourself killed!""To die... will be an awfully big adventure!""Adventure, no!" shouted Rex."Hey, Dr. Rex! I've got a message for you! ZNAP YOU!" Then, Adventure's radio line went dead."MegaBloks!" cursed Rex. "Builder MegaBloking Znap it!"Greybeard swallowed hard before reporting. "It... ain't lookin' good fer Adventure from here. But his plan be a success, from what me deadlights see, fer Dr. Rex has stopped in his tracks. We be safe, fer now at least."Turning onto Playwell Avenue, Rex saw an abandoned Fire Hammer that, aside from missing a roof and a windshield, appeared mostly intact. He stopped the Iron Predator next to the jeep, then turned to look at Frozeen, Greybeard, and Sam Race. "Get into the Fire Hammer," he ordered them."What?" blinked Frozeen. "Rex, look, it's much safer if we all stick together-"Rex shook his head. "We're in an Iron Predator that has lost its Cryothermic Cannon. If Dr. Rex catches us, we're all dead. If we split up, at least there's a chance that some of us can make it out alive." Sighing, Rex choked back tears and added: "Guys... I just want you to know that it's truly been an honor to have known and fought alongside you. Sam, you're one of the best drivers I've ever known; Greybeard, it's been great keeping a foil around to tell me when I'm wrong; and Frozeen... you've done a lot for me this past year. Thank you. Now, please, for your own safety, step out of the Iron Predator and take the Fire Hammer.""We'll see each other again," promised Frozeen, clasping Rex's hand and then giving Amanda a quick departing hug. One-by-one, Frozeen, Greybeard, and Sam Race filed out of the Iron Predator, climbed into the Fire Hammer, and sped away.As soon as he was sure that they were gone, Rex started up the Iron Predator again; he did not want to know how long it took Dr. Rex to kill Adventure and destroy the High-Voltage Half-Track, nor did he want to stick around long enough to find out. As the Iron Predator drove down Playwell Avenue at top speed, Rex took his eyes off the road for a moment to lock eyes with Amanda. He could tell just from looking at her that she was concerned. "Amanda, I..." he began, but then he trailed off.Amanda shook her head. "No matter what happens, we're together.""Don't worry," promised Rex. "I will protect you from anything XERRD will throw at us."Amanda nodded slowly, but then her eyes widened, alerting Rex to danger just a second too late.That was the last thing Rex saw before the rocket hit.OOC: Remember, kids. Keep your eyes on the road at all times while driving, and you should be able to avoid accidents such as these. Then again, if you want my advice, just stay off the road. Period. Broken traffic lights... idiotic drivers... the occasional XERRD missile... yeah, it's safer just to not drive.So, how will Rex and Amanda get out of this pickle? Stay tuned till next time for another cuh-RAY-zee installment of "Plot Armor Heroes Who Somehow Survive Everything"! And now, for a word from our sponsors...

By the way, Andrewnuva, you should mention the unique color scheme of that particular Urban Avenger... and yes, guys, I explicitly granted him permission to do this.
OOC: If we're going to go in this general direction, should we consider bringing back Databoard as well, since it doesn't look like Chronicler of Ko-Koro will be coming back?I'll post an IC later. At the moment I don't have much to do but I've set the stage for a tense (and at the same time hilarious) confrontation between Trigger and Pharisee. For some reason I'm really curious as to how he's going to react to see a couple of agents going bowling in the middle of the final battle.I'm hoping to do something with Kate soon. I'm not sure what else I can do to flesh out her session with Saran. If that Guy would like to, great, if not, than I'll have to get her out somehow. Besides, I've had this one moment I've wanted to do ever since I decided to bring Sarah Bishop into the RPG.I might also get Baldrick out there and have him devise a "cunning plan".

OOC: If we're going to go in this general direction, should we consider bringing back Databoard as well, since it doesn't look like Chronicler of Ko-Koro will be coming back?
OOC: Just to make this clear, we're not "going in this general direction". It was a one-time final tribute to one of Dino Attack RPG's most important characters, whose player more or less vanished off the face of the internet in late 2007, as well as a play on the old "ghost hitchhiker" tales. It's not the start of bringing in everyone else's characters again.As for Databoard, Chronicler of Ko-Koro is still active on BZPower, and he is aware that Dino Attack: At War's End is in its final battle (remember the Oath to Order?). When Dino Attack: At War's End began, he expressed interest in returning for one last go during the final battle. I didn't want to say anything, as I didn't want to get everyone excited about something that may not happen, but the point is that there is still a chance, however slim, that Chronicler of Ko-Koro may return before the end of the RPG. With this possibility in mind, it's best if we left Databoard in his own hands, not ours.

OOC: If we're going to go in this general direction, should we consider bringing back Databoard as well, since it doesn't look like Chronicler of Ko-Koro will be coming back?
OOC: Just to make this clear, we're not "going in this general direction". It was a one-time final tribute to one of Dino Attack RPG's most important characters, whose player more or less vanished off the face of the internet in late 2007, as well as a play on the old "ghost hitchhiker" tales. It's not the start of bringing in everyone else's characters again.
OOC: Oh, I see. That was my mistake then. Here I was crazy enough to think you were actually bringing Kotua back in a prominent role.

iC:“It’s time to get these motherznaping lizards of this motherznaping helicopter!”“Watch out, We got a badman over here!”“It’s wet outside.” “Yo Dawg! We heard you like shooting mutants so we put a mutant in your mutant so you can shoot mutants when your shooting mutants "You don't understand! We coulda had class. We coulda been contenders. We could've been somebody, instead bums, which is what we are."“We have to go BAAAACK!” “Holy distorted Lizards Batman! These dinosaurs are taking over the city!”“Mutant T-rex’s are shooting lasers out of their eyes. You can’t explain that. “Deep Hurting.” Hertz did a double take at some of the broadcasts running threw his headset. To some degree he was amused by the com chatter but he was truly perplexed by some of the subject matter.“Since when have we had an agent named batman.” He muttered. Hertz looked over his shoulder and glanced at Shannon. She was tuning her head set and simultaneously checking the jamming devise. He had instructed her to re-initiate the devise if they did not get a response from XERRD or Inferno in ten minutes. In the meantime he would begin some preparations for evacuation.Scanning the map of the battle he determined that it would be impossible to move the staff of the headquarters out the front of the base. The battled just outside the front dour was far too intense to move a large amount of personal so he quickly checked that of the list.Turning his attention to an air escape he realized that the storm outside was also to intense for an airil evac. In addition most of the T-1 Typhoons were in use at the moment, based on his count the base only had eight that were not currently in the air. That was not nearly enough to carry all the agents and gear he would need to move.That left only one option, the harbor. To the best of his knowledge XERRD did not having any aquatic dinosaurs that would pose a threat. Well mutant Pterosaurs might prove to be a problem it was a danger that the fleet of boats were capable of fending off.The dino attack team had access to a number of hovercrafts but he was not confident in there ability to handle on rough water. The lightweight meant they would be tossed around in the wind and going out onto the water in a lighting storm was something that was primarily avoided.This was certainly a conundrum. He agreed with Semick, with the sudden involvement of Baron Typhonus the battle had potential to go downhill very quickly. He was naive to believe the Maelstrom may have been banished from Lego planet at Adventures Island and now that mistake would cost them. The headquarters could not stand against the full power of the Mealstrom in addition to Dr. Rex’s army.Hertz took hold of the announcement system and cast a worried glance out the window. Although it was beginning to be morning the storm was still intense and any sign of a sunrise was obscured by the dark thunderheads outside. He checked his watch.4:15, December 21st 2010, he thought. The end of days It was at this moment he wished all were right with Naomi. He knew somewhere in the base she was tending to the wounded but they were both alone in this dark hour. It was his fault; he never knew how to treat her. To spite how much he cared about her he had to acknowledge that they might not die a couple.Taking the microphone in his hand he made the call. “This is elite agent Hertz.” He announced. “Due to extenuating circumstances this building is no longer secure. All able-bodied personal are to transport essential equipment to the basement level and prepare to evacuate the base. At 05:00 congregate at the loading docks and board the boats for departure to the south side of the harbor.”Hertz disconnected the line and walked briskly over to Shannon. “I want you to go with them, there does not need to be two of us running these radios. I’ll help you pack what ever stuff you need but I don’t want you in here if this base falls.”“What about you?” asked Shannon.“Someone needs to stay behind and keep track of everything.” He responded. “This room is of utmost importance. If we loose control we’re loose major communication among the team. I’ll go eventually, but at the last moment.”“Your not going to pull one of those leave me behind, I’ll catch up latter things are you?” said Shannon sternly. “Because that’s stupid.”Hertz ran his figures threw his hair nervously. “Of course not! I’m just saying that I need to keep running the radios; it’s as simple as that! This is not some heroic sacrifice, I’m just sticking to my job.”Shannon shook her head and wheeled herself over to a table. “Fine, lets just get some of this stuff packed and I’ll see you latter.”“Off course.” Responded Hertz. “I promise.”The two gathered as much of the radios and hard drives together as they could. Hertz made sure to keep the jamming devise in the room so he could reactivate it when the time was right. Aside from that peace of technology the radio room was striped down to the bare minimum necessary to run the battle.“Be safe.” Said Hertz as he took Shannon’s hand. She accepted it and pulled him close to give him a hug. Hertz was relatively surprised by the gesture. “And lets not do any goodbyes ###### either.” Said Shannon.“I’ll be fine.” Smiled Hertz as he pulled away. “Now go, I have this under control. I’ll see you when this is all over.”Shannon nodded and wheeled herself and the equipment out of the room leaving Hertz alone. Even with the background chatter of the agents he suddenly felt incredibly alone. He was used to this feeling and he had learned to work this way, he had done it in his old life, he could work alone again.Walking silently back to the radio consol he ran threw the statuses of agents in the field. "Pull back!" Rex was saying, "We need back-up!"Hertz quickly pulled up Rex’s frequency and triangulated the signal to somewhere around Playwell Avenue. “Rex what’s you’re status?” he called. There was no response from the elite agent.“Rex?” said Hertz. “Do you copy.”Nothing. Hertz whipped sweat from his forehead and pulled up a list of agents in the area. “Rex,” said Hertz. “I don’t know if you can hear me but I’m rerouting some air-support. Help is on the way, repeat, Help is on the way. I hope you’re alright man.”

The Inferno Boat was tossed up and down in the rough waters of the harbor. The henchmen inside looked threw his binoculars at the lit third floor window on the south side of the base. Based on the schematics of the building the agent was able to determine that the window belonged to an agent lounge. Lowering his binoculars he pulled out his signal light and taped out a short morse code signal to the Inferno Helicopter in the sky. To spite reports that jamming matrix was turned off the agent did not want to take any chances with the radio. Reports had it that whoever was in the communications room could listen in and he had no intention of giving away his location.The message they had recently received recommended that they surrender. Well XERRD may be a puppet of the Mealstrom, Dr. Inferno was not. His orders were to continue fighting. XERRD my fall but Dr. Inferno would endure. Well all was said and done, their army would plunder the base and take control of all assets. XERRD may be nothing more then a pawn but they were not. To the victor belonged the spoils.Checking again to ensure the helicopter was in position, the henchmen took to the rocket launcher at the end of the boat and aimed the window. Once the target was in his sights he pulled the switch.The rocket shot across the sky and collided with the intended window. There was a flash and a massive fireball consumed the south side lounge. The stormy water reflected the blaze and once the night was filled with the ember light the henchmen smiled. As shrapnel and debris rained down upon the harbor he pulled the boat away. The signal was dead, mission accomplished. OoC:Pharisee next! I am relieved to see that at least a few people are still rooting for him to beat up Trigger. I'm really looking forward to it too. Before I write my next post I want to confirm that Snake, Trigger, Carrie, and the Big Lebowski crew are still at the bowling ally. I would hate to have another confrontation that's not. As for the air support I sent for Rex, they are all red shirts. Kill them in whatever way you see best fit

That is all

OoC:Pharisee next! I am relieved to see that at least a few people are still rooting for him to beat up Trigger. I'm really looking forward to it too. Before I write my next post I want to confirm that Snake, Trigger, Carrie, and the Big Lebowski crew are still at the bowling ally. I would hate to have another confrontation that's not.
OOC: Snake just ran ditched everybody and made a run for it, but Trigger is definitely still there and so is Carrie. You'll probably find him using her as a human shield.IC: Kate was knocked over in shock by a loud explosion as it smashed through the back wall. "What was that?" She asked, as she stood up, coughing in all the smoke."I don't know," replied Saran. "But I think we got to find someplace safer."

Things were busy in the hospital wing. Left, right, and center there were patients with injuries of varying magnitudes. Pierce was running all over helping patients wherever possible. At this moment, he was approaching the bed where Vinyaya lay in a semi-unconscious state, with a large bandage over one eye. A young female doctor was busy looking after him. She had shoulder-length brown hair and a small cross around her neck."How's she doing?" Pierce asked."Alright," replied the female doctor. "It's difficult to say right now until we can be sure she stablizes, but it looks like that guy Mort's done something.""Good," replied Pierce. "Why don't you take a break. CARVER!"Within a few short minutes, the young nurse ran up to him. She was clearly exhausted, but doing her best to keep up."Do me a favor an keep an eye on this woman for a little while would you?"Carver nodded and sat down with Vinyaya. Pierce turned toward the female doctor. "What's your name?" He asked.The female doctor looked at him before answering. "Shaw," she replied. "Dr. Noomi Shaw.""Right," replied Pierce. "Dr. Shaw, maybe you can give me a hand in surgery."

OOC: Adventure's death bummed me out a bit. I mean, I was sort of predicted he die at some point, but it still bums me out. His last words, man. I don't know. *sniff*lolsnakesonaplane.Also, I played LEGO Island in the midst of writing of this (fact checking, getting in the mood, etc.) and couldn't help but associate the comm chatter we've been having with the comm chatter of encouragement that the LEGO Islanders gave Pepper as he went up against the Brickster.I'll also be gone until Sunday.This also works best if you listen to the final boss music from Island Xtreme Stunts.IC:"Don't worry guys. We'll just sing another song like the pirate guy did. I'll start. 'Let's get down to business! To defeat...'""I think I'll just stick to singing 'The Doom Song', as that is basically what we are. Doomed. Doom doom doom..."So wait, Rex and Claw got married? During the battle? With a pirate minister? Not such a bad idea. Hey Anju! Wanna marry me?""I...um...heh, sure, Kafei.""Sweet. All we need to do is find the pirate.""This Mutant Lizard is different from regular Mutant Lizards. It's like this Mutant Lizard is in the top percentage of Mutant Lizards." "I heard that space cop took down a horde of lizards herself before the raptor got her face.""Who's the guy flying the T-1 that looks like it was fixed with a random brick bucket? Come on guys, I know it's the apocalypse, but we gotta show some class."Minerva took another shot at multiple Mutant Raptors. The news about Holly Vinyaya had been somewhat rough to hear. She was impressed with the commander's "last stand" confrontation with a pack of Mutant Lizards, apparently only being defeated when her weapon was discarded. Just from pieces of updates, Minerva understood that Vinyaya was critically injured and suffered "permanent facial injuries"."I'm sure Vinyaya will be alright," Andrew said reassuringly. "We got a crackjack medic team and I doubt a little scar or two will stop her."Minerva nodded, sighing sadly. First Zach's disappearance and now Vinyaya's injury. She was growing increasingly worried about Zach. The longer he stayed away, the more likely he was probably dead. She wasn't sure where Zelda or Nazareno was, and she still had to deal with-Minerva released a small gasp. How could she have forgotten? Cold realization dawned upon her. Oswald Fabello had been the one who had taken Zach. Except for he hadn't been looking for Zach, she realized. He had been looking for her. Zach was just the second best option to him. In the rush of final battle, she had completely forgotten her older brother was in the city somewhere, fighting for XERRD.Maybe he will listen to Semick's reason and abandon XERRD. He can't deny the Darkitect's involvement. Can he? She suddenly felt her thoughts be interrupted by loud, booming brass instruments that echoed through LEGO City."I understand the whole 'playing music' thing," Laxus said, glancing out of his window and up into the sky. "But is it really necessary to have it so loud you can overshadow Dr. Rex's roar?"Andrew didn't respond. Instead, he seemed to be humming to the song. "I know this. This is "The Jail Theme" by Lorin Nelson and the Lorin Swelk Orchestra. It was merry little tune that gave off an aura of a trickster, which is why many LEGO Islanders associate it with the Brickster.""Doesn't sound like a trickster song," Minerva noted."Sounds more like a boss theme," Catless said from the back. At this point, demonic strings were being added to the blaring horns."That's because the song was remixed in 2002 to sound Darker and Edgier with a full booming orchestra," Andrew explained. "A boss theme would be an accurate.""So what your saying is-" Minerva couldn't finish her sentence as the loud music flew over their heads. Looking through the window, they could see wrecked-up looking T-1 Typhoon that shouldn't be flying. Many of its pieces had seemingly been replaced by more generic quadrennial bricks of a wide variety of colors. Every weapon on its hull was firing at full force, seemingly uncaring of whether it hit a Mutant Dino, a Dino Attack vehicle, or a building. it rained pure chaos upon everything in its sight. It laid every building in its path to waste, collapsing rubble on unsuspecting XERRD operatives and Mutant Dinos and causing collaterial damage to any Dino Attack vehicle near its rampage."No way," Andrew said. "It's-" There was short muffle over the ominous music playing, then a cackling voice came to life so everyone on the ground could hear it."I am lord of the bricks! The king of the tricks! Of this and that, prick the pat!" The voice yelled out triumphantly. "Long live the Brickster! Hahahahahaha! Ha ha ha ha...ha!""This is the only guy who causes any real problems on LEGO Island, right?" Minerva asked. If she was going to be moving in to LEGO Island after this battle (which she was still somewhat uncertain about), she might as well get to know the strange characters that inhabit it.Andrew revealed a faint smile. "Yeah, that would be him.""He appears to be having the time of his life," Laxus noted."Now I'm partial to causing chaos (and I like a little nonsense)," The Brickster continued. "but your brand of chaos doesn't do it for me, Dr. Rex! Looks like I'm going to have to insert a little chaos of my own! And you remember how that went on Dinosaur Island! I have that warming feeling I get whenever I eat one of Papa's Jalapeno Red-Pepper Anchovy Double Garlic pizzas every time I think about it!" The Brickster went into another brief span of maniacal laughter "I do gotta give Propeller or whatever his name was some credit. Music does make this all the more exciting! The Brickster chuckled darkly once before turning of his P.A. and continuing his wave of destruction, his dark music playing all the while."Definitely enjoying himself," Catless said."He's handing that helicopter rather well. I thought those things were a pain to use," Minerva said."I suppose having most of his escapes involve stealing helicopters has taught him a thing or two, even if a T-1 Typhoon is nothing like a Police Helicopter," Andrew said. "Anyway, Mutant Raptor up ahead. Minerva, take it out.""Seriously? He calls us out for calling some guy 'Robo-Limb' then goes on a massive destruction spree like nothing?""Someone tell that blockhead to cool it. Knocking buildings down on Steel Sprinters isn't going to help us.""I didn't hear, what did he do on Dinosaur Island?""Took apart their lab. Brick by brick. Via explosives.""You would figure that if the Brickster's out here, Pepper Roni can't be far behind.""Wait! Is this that guy who played the villain in Xtreme Stunts?""Yeah, what was that movie even about? It had less plot than that 2010 movie.""Imagine if this guy was with Demoman and Firecracker...""There wouldn't be anything left."OOC: I realize I probably quoted the Brickster wrong up there. Oh well. I couldn't understand the last part of his "Lord of the brick" taunt.

Edited by Brikman McStudz

OOC: Well, I wanted to give Adventure a proper adventurer's death... and the Peter Pan quote seemed just too perfect for the situation. That, and I was really itching to use Hudson's last two words as someone's last two words in this battle...I have to say... I thought that the destruction of the Dino Island Laboratory would be the Brickster's personal Crowning Moment of Awesome in the RPG. Guess I might possibly be mistaken... because we now have a contender! Seriously, though, that was just awesome, Brikman. I'm also now tempted to recreate the Brickster's personal T-1 Typhoon in LEGO Digital Designer.Aaaaaaaand... welcome back to yet another cuh-RAY-zee installment of "Plot Armor Heroes Who Somehow Survive Everything!" Get ready to be at the edge of your seat for this thrilling episode as Rex and Amanda escape certain death... again! Remember, "Plot Armor Heroes Who Somehow Survive Everything!" is made possible by viewers like you. Thank you!IC: He ran as fast as his two legs could carry him. All around him, he saw the destruction of LEGO City left behind by the Mutant Dinos, and did his best to dodge everything in his path, from the rampage of Mutant T-Rexes to speeding Fire Hammers. None of it mattered to him; only getting to his destination as quickly as possible mattered, for there were three thoughts that dominated his mind:He's back.He's in trouble.I must save him!

When Rex opened his eyes again, he felt weak and nauseous. He was buried underneath several charred bricks which once belonged to his Iron Predator, which he realized comprised most of the burning ruins in his immediate vicinity. Pushing the bricks off of him, he managed to find the strength to perform an upper-body push-up, giving him the vantage point to look around.He was still on Playwell Avenue, as he recognized the placement of nearby buildings. He was lying in the middle of the road, amongst the burning ruins of his Iron Predator all around him, which gave him an eerie post-apocalyptic feeling of surviving after the end, as though he were lying in a burning wasteland. Although Rex heard the sounds of battle, the roars of dinosaurs, the firing of weapons, and the echoes of music, it all sounded so distant to him, and he felt that it was very quiet. Too quiet."Amanda...!" Rex whispered, looking around for any sign of his wife, already fearing the worst.Then, there was a flash of orange light which nearly blinded Rex. When his vision returned, Rex saw a familiar Space Marauder standing over him, with a rocket launcher in one hand and a device with blue and orange lights in the other hand. Looking at her features, Rex saw that she looked as bored and emotionless as ever, but the light cast upon her face from the fires of the wrecked Iron Predator illustrated a very different picture, making her look far more sinister."Michelle Glados," Rex gritted his teeth. "I should have known it was you." He silently cursed himself for not recognizing the earlier signs... how had he missed the flashes of blue light?Holding up the rocket launcher, Glados murmured in her ever-monotonous voice: "It's your old friend, the XERRD rocket launcher. Of course, I made a few tweaks and adjustments to make it even more powerful than it was in the Maelstrom Temple... powerful enough to wreck an entire Iron Predator in one hit. Remarkable, isn't it?"Then, Dr. Glados put away the rocket launcher. "Of course, while I would recommend lying in front of a rocket, since it would be a far less painful death than being torn apart by a Mutant T-Rex, somehow your tenacity levels are just too high to die when your entire tank explodes. Impressive. I'll be sure to make a note of that in your file. 'High tenacity. Does not die when tank explodes.' This is an interesting outcome to this experiment, indeed, but it appears that there is some error involved. Believe me, being still alive right now... that is a mistake. That is why I am about to correct this mathematical error." With that, she pulled out a small hi-tech pistol-like weapon, similar to the ones used by Walter Breen and "Wallace Bishop" in the Maelstrom Temple."Glados," groaned Rex, "you were there at the Maelstrom Temple. You saw just as well as we all did. The Dino Attack is the mathematical error here! XERRD's cause is a facade created by Baron Typhonus! Your leader, Dr. Rex, is now nothing more than the Darkitect's plaything! Why do you persist? Why do you continue that which you know to be all a lie?"Dr. Glados raised an eyebrow. "Unlike Dr. Rex, I was never in it for the repopulation of dinosaurs. I was in it for the science. I'm not going to lie to you... if my calculations are correct, and they always are, then the odds of Dino Attack Team winning this battle are a million to one, and that's with some generous rounding. At this point, I don't care if it's Dr. Rex who gets his way or if it's Baron Typhonus who hijacks the plot. Either way, I intend to conduct research to see how the survivors of the Minifig species react to being trapped on a planet with the absolute certainty of death and destruction in the inevitable apocalypse. I, of course, will study from a safe distance, from which I can observe without needing to worry about my own survival. It's a most intriguing experiment. In their final hours, will Minifigs reveal their true nature as wild beasts who will do abominable things in a futile effort to survive? Or will they all calmly accept their fate, hold hands, and watch as the sky rains fire down upon them? Already, I cannot wait to find the results.""Science," Rex gritted his teeth. "Every single one of you XERRD lunatics uses that word to justify your actions. But you've taken the study of the world around us... and perverted it to meet your own selfish ends. Science is not bad, as proven by Frank Einstein, Reptile, and so many others... but you guys just think that saying you're doing something 'for science' means you can get away with anything. Science is meant to benefit us, not to create holocausts!""The science will get done," promised Michelle Glados, "for the benefit of those who are... still alive. I've got experiments to run, and there's research to be done, for the people who are... still alive. And when I'm still alive... I'll be doing science and feeling fantastic. You, on the other hand... I only want you gone.""You're sick!" snapped Rex. "Don't you feel anything? You're going to let everyone on LEGO Planet die... just for your little experiment?"Out of the corner of his eye, Rex saw movement in the rubble. He was relieved to see Amanda, still alive, brushing a few charred bricks and plates off of her. If I can keep talking, though Rex, I can buy her enough time to ambush Glados.Dr. Glados shrugged. "I do not feel disturbed at all. I do not feel remorse, I do not feel pity, I do not feel compassion. I feel... nothing. I am the perfect scientist, you see, because I have the clearest mind of all, for my judgment and my actions are never hindered by weaknesses such as emotion."Rex locked eyes with Amanda, letting the sight of her warm his heart. As she nodded to him, Rex felt a resurgence in energy and life. Already, Amanda was almost back on her feet. With renewed confidence, Rex stared down Dr. Glados and declared: "Wrong, Glados. You are wrong. Emotion is not weakness, it is strength. It is what keeps us going. It is what makes us Minifig. It makes us who we are. You, Glados... you have nothing. You feel nothing. And because of that, you are nothing."The shadows cast upon her face by the burning Iron Predator ruins darkened as Michelle Glados hissed in a most unsettling whisper: "Emotion. Makes. You. Weak." With that, she raised her high-tech gun and pulled the trigger.As the gunshot rang through Rex's ears, his eyes widened, his jaw dropped in shock, and his entire body suddenly tensed as though he was just jolted by electricity. Feeling the life draining from his body, he whispered in a feeble voice: "No...!"It all seemed to happen in slow-motion. Amanda stared at Dr. Glados with incredulity. Then, slowly, her gaze drifted down to her own torso. There was now an expanding blotch of red staining her Dino Attack uniform. Like a marionette whose strings had been cut, Amanda Claw fell to the ground."No!" shouted Rex. Crawling with his hands like some sort of wild animal, Rex rushed as quickly to her side as he could. "No! No!" As soon as he reached her, he leaned over her, and gently brushed her face to look into her eyes. They were cold and distant. "Amanda!" gasped Rex. "Look at me! Don't leave me! Don't... please don't..."Amanda looked up at Rex, then coughed up blood. "I..." she whispered, "promised that... I'd never... leave... you. I am... sorry... that I must... break... that... promise..."Rex twisted his body in an effort to sit upright, then dragged Amanda over his lap and cradled her in his arms, as she had done with him such a short time ago. "Amanda..." he choked back tears, "please... don't go... I'm going to save you!"Amanda's own eyes were tearing up now. "You... already did..." she smiled. "You... Roger... and so many others... showed me... that there is hope... that I do... not need to be... her... that I can... be forgiven... be redeemed... You saved me... Rex... and I love you."Sobbing, Rex barely found the strength to respond. "I... love you too... You are my light in the darkness!""As you..." nodded Amanda, "were mine..." Coughing up more blood, her next words were even quieter. "Thank you... thank you... for everything...""Amanda," Rex shook his head. "Amanda, please, stay with me! Stay with me!""I must... go now..." Amanda sighed, "to where you... cannot... follow. Rex...? Defeat... XERRD... save the world... save everyone from a terrible fate... I know... you can do it..."Rex swallowed hard as he heard Amanda's last wish. He could not stop his body from shaking with every sob.Amanda's eyes were distant as she stared off into space. A peculiar sort of smile crossed her features. When she started whispering again, she was no longer talking to Rex. "Mom...? Dad...? Alfred...? Roger...? Is... is that really you...? I have... I have waited... so long... to see you... again..." Amanda "Claw" Alexander gave one last contented sigh, and then passed away.Weeping, Rex cradled Amanda's body and pressed his head to her chest, feeling lost and alone in the world.A group of hungry Mutant Lizards smelled fresh meat and encircled the Iron Predator ruins. Michelle Glados had let Rex and Amanda share their final moments together, finding some sort of sick, sadistic pleasure in their suffering, but now that Amanda was gone, she had grown bored with the whole matter, and now raised her high-tech gun again, this time to end Rex's life. Simultaneously, a Mutant Lizard broke from the main group and lunged at Rex and Amanda.Everything went black.OOC: This post was made possible thanks to contributions from viewers like you. Especially you, Brikman McStudz. Thank you for keeping Michelle Glados alive during the Maelstrom Temple battle so I wouldn't have to use some random cannon fodder XERRD scientist that nobody cares about!As usual, don't have the rescue arrive until I'm ready for it. Though, thanks for arranging said rescue, that guy.

OOC:I can't believe it. Adventure, then Amanda died. This is just about as depressing as December 21st, 2010. This RPG just gets sadder and sadder.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC: He ran as fast as his two legs could carry him. All around him, he saw the destruction of LEGO City left behind by the Mutant Dinos, and did his best to dodge everything in his path, from the rampage of Mutant T-Rexes to speeding Fire Hammers. None of it mattered to him; only getting to his destination as quickly as possible mattered, for there were three thoughts that dominated his mind:He's back.He's in trouble.I must save him!
OOC: *smirks knowingly*I'll give you props though, I didn't expect Amanda to kick the bucket (though the whole "Plot Armor Heroes Who Somehow Survive Everything!" thing kinda tipped me off that expectations might be averted).

OOC: I gotta say, I definitely did not see that coming.Wait a second, PeabodySam, I think I've figured this out. You're trying to cheat Trigger by depriving him the satisfaction of killing Silencia Venemosa himself, aren't you?No IC right now. I'd post something but I'm waiting for That Guy to make his anticipated Pharisee post, and I don't have much for Kate and the medics or my snipers to be doing. That is unless someone wants to give them something to do. I'm sure there's something the nine medics we currently have (Pierce, Wade, Carver, Crusher, Shaw, Enter and Return, and possibly Copper and/or Dr. Clickitt) can be doing.

OoC:Well Amanda's athough death was a tear jurker it was not unexpected. I figured that ether she or Graybeard would die and I supose I figured right. I just hope that Rex pulls of an epic revenge curb stomp battle with Glados now.iC:The white car in the side of the bowling ally was evidence enough for Pharisee. As he splashed down on the wet roads he surveyed the ruined city around him. Lightning flashed and the rain ran down his face. It was not a light rain, but a powerful and angry torrent that fell over him.To spite the tenacity of the storm the water soothed him. He allowed it to soak into his pours and calm his senses. It was not wise to enter into an unknown situation with anger. What Pharisee needed was to relax and collect his thoughts. He would not allow passion to control his actions; he would allow only a calm strength of mind.The T-1 Typhoon had landed in the street behind him. The noise of the craft most likely gave away their arrival but it was something that could not be avoided. In addition Pharisee had five other internal Affairs agents on board that would come to his aid at his beckon call.Behind him stood Montgonal and Montoya. The latter was in handcuffs and was being escorted out of the helicopter by his colleague. Although Pharisee highly doubted that Trigger would regard the man’s life, he figured that having a bargaining chip was not unwise. Based on reports, Trigger too may have a hostage and an exchange was not outside the realm of possibilities.Suddenly the sound of bowling pins interrupted the sounds of the rain. Thunder boomed and the nearby windows rattled with the sound. Inside the building, Pharisee heard voices.“Do you think Trigger and Snake are bowling?” called over Montgonal.Pharisee did not immediately respond. Instead he listened intently to the noises inside the building. He heard the sounds of bowling again and yells of jubilations just inside the wall. “I hear three voices.” Muttered the commander. “Since I doubt Trigger’s bowling I have the feeing they picked up some company.” He turned to Montgonal. “You, Eloise, Whitmore, and Marina. Go around back and guard the back dour. I’m taking Montoya in threw the hole in the wall.”Montgonal was clearly not existed to be turning the prisoner over to the commander. It was evident he did not trust Pharisee’s ability to take care of Montoya and his consonance told him sending the two in there alone would be a bad idea. Regardless Pharisee walked briskly over and took hold of him.“Don’t think I’m going to use him as a human shield.” Said the commander to Montgonal. “I’m not a monster.”“If this man dies.” Said Montgonal. “It’s on you.”“I’ve lived with enough innocent blood on my hands.” Said the commander softly. “I have no desire to add more.”With his gun in his right hand and Montoya in the left he walked briskly to the bowling ally. Instead of walking threw the front dour he navigated his way over the crashed car and the debris to find himself in the midst of a bowling match. Well the appearance of the game was certainly odd in the middle of a battle; Pharisee ignored the strangeness and approached the men. The largest of the three turned in the midst of his throw and shot Pharisee a deadly glare.The commander showed little reaction to Walter as he scanned the bowling ally. Neither Snake, Trigger, nor the barmaid were anywhere to be seen. He promptly sat down Montoya in a chair and approached the bowlers.He draped his wet trench coat over a chair and calmly addressed the men. “I am looking for an armed and dangerous man who goes by the name Trigger. With him are a woman and a man warring and eye-patch. Tell me where they are. Now.”Donnie raised his hand. “I saw the man-” “SHUT THE ZNAP UP DONNIE!” interrupted Walter. “Do you have any idea how serious this is? This is the second time tonight we’ve had our game interrupted!” “Cool it man.” Said the dude softly. “Maybe we should just do what he wants-”“ZNAP IT!” yelled Walter as he pulled out his gun. “I’ll give you five seconds to leave us in peace or I swear to the creator I will pull this znaping-”Walter was interrupted by Pharisee as he slammed the gun aside. He tensed his brow and slammed his head directly into the bowlers face sending the man relying backwards. Walter’s gun flew into the air and the commander caught it and pulled apart the slide. With a peace of the weapon in each hand he dropped them to the floor and pointed his own gun at the bowler’s forehead.“Donnie,” began the commander. “I believe you have something to say.”“I saw the man in the eye-patch run threw the bowling ally,” said Donnie “Trigger is-”“SHUT THE ZNAP UP DONNIE!”“SHUT THE ZANP UP WALTER!” yelled Pharisee as he shoved the gun closer to his head. “Let the man speak or I’ll insure you don’t speak again!”This shut him up. The commander shot an expecting glare at Dude and Donnie and the two quickly began talking.“The guy in the eye-patch ran threw here and took a car out back.” Said Dude. “I think he’s gone.”“Trigger and the lady are still here.” Continued Donnie. “When he heard the helicopter outside he took her with him to the back. You know where they stack the pins and the ball return is? That’s where they went.”Pharisee nodded his thanks and made his way down the ally. He left Montoya where he sat. Carrying a handcuffed man with him into an unknown place would only slow him down. Montoya would become a liability if Pharisee had to check to make sure he was still with him. The convict had nowhere to go. With the helicopter just outside the dour sneaking away would be impossible.Reaching the end of the lane he stood with his back to the dour and took a deep breath. With a fluidic movement he stepped back and kicked down the dour into the back room.This is where the magic happened. Well the place was in full use bowling balls would slide back here and be returned to the players in the front. Pharisee stepped up onto the narrow catwalk and moved swiftly over the pin setting machines. The setting was dark and gritty. Water leaked down from the ceiling and an irritating drib echoed around the long and narrow room.“Commander.”The monotone voice made Pharisee take cover behind a machine. The heavy equipment roared back to life as the Walter and Dude continued their game. A bowlingball rolled threw and was quickly collected by a conveyer belt. Pharisee had to be careful not to accidentally be caught in the mechanisms or risk a brutal and unpleasant demise. The commander ignored the pins being reset as he poked his head around the corner to veiw the speaker.There, standing in the open was Trigger. It was impossible to read his eyes threw his sunglasses but Pharisee glanced a cold smirk on his mouth. His stance was defiant and posed for a fight. In his arm was the barmaid and he had his gun pointed at her head. She struggled to escape him but he held her tight and pressed the weapon closer to her brow.“Unhand the woman.” Said Pharisee as he stepped out of the darkness. “I truly believed you were pathetic man Trigger and I am not surprised to see you using an innocent as a human shield. She has no toil with us. Release her and we shell settle this.”“If I did that there would be no reason for you not to shoot me.” Responded the mercenary“Hear this Trigger.” Responded the commander. “There is nothing you can do to keep me from shooting you. You have eluded justice far to long. The blood of many is on your hands and shell experience my reckoning before this night is over. You can not outrun that, you can not outrun me.”Trigger did nothing put spit.“I would recommend you submit Trigger.” Continued Pharisee darkly, “But I know you would never come quietly. Quite frankly I hope you don’t. Although I would not enjoy killing you I would loose no sleep over your absence from this world. The people of this earth deserve better then to live with the bane of your existence.” Trigger smiled and raised an eyebrow at the commander. Water dripped and the florescent lights flickered. Elsewhere in the room a cockroach scurried across the floor. The mercenary casually lit his cigarette and fingered the trigger of his weapon. “Very well then. If that’s how you want to do things.” OoC:So begins the confrontation of two extremely unlikable characters!Didn't get too much into the action yet but at least now they're face to face. I think the bowling ally machines room could make an interesting location for a fight. I got the setting, you're move Atton.

That is all

IC:Dr. Cyborg had a good view of the city from his vantage point in the Titanium Predator. He could vaguely see Rex, Amanda, and... Glados. Even if the first two were not enough, the fact that Glados was there made him start to pilot the Predator towards them. He had faith in Kara and the others demolishing the power plant.He suddenly regretted his birds-eye view, for he was easily able to see when Glados shot Amanda. He pushed the speed on the TP, and out of the corner of his eye saw a fleet of T-1 Typhoons coming to Rex and Amanda as well. He did not know either of them that well, but he still knew them. Even if he didn't know them, Glados was there. He never liked her, she never liked him, they were on a battlefield. He might as well help out.OOC:Got nothing to do right now, I want to wait a bit longer before I carry out my big plan to defeat Cyrista's Bane.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC: You might be right about that. Initially I'd just intended to have Trigger meet Pharisee outside but a bowling alley would be a pretty interesting place for an action scene, especially while there's a few bowlers... er... bowling.By the way, I love how Pharisee takes it so lightly that a couple of agents decided to go bowling instead of participating in the battle that was happening.Now, for the big showdown between the RPG's currently most important anti-heroes.IC: Trigger tried to restrain a slight chuckle. "He still thinks she's an innocent," he though to himself. "Oh, if only he knew."Slowly taking his hand off of Carrie's neck, but still keeping the gun pointed to her head, he reached for the pack of his pants, under his trenchcoat. Pharisee stared at him, waiting for him to draw. Instead he aimed the pistol he was already holding at Pharisee and pulled the trigger. The commander instinctively ducked out of the way before Trigger put the gun back on Carrie and started to drag her away."I'm gonna kill her!" Trigger shouted. "You don't want to see an innocent die, do you? Huh? No, I bet you don't.""DO WHAT HE SAYS!" Carrie shouted."SHUT UP!" Replied Trigger. "You know what I hate? People like you, who think everything's all black and white. Well guess what, it isn't. I've seen your kind before; just about every law office has at least one. Guys that think they have builder-given rights to preach justice. Well guess what, you dont! You're just a pathetic znapping being with absurd delusions of things that aren't true. If you had your way 99.9 per cent of this znapping planet would be in prison. Truth is, you're no better than me. Perhaps in another life we could have been even been friends."

"So what did you do?" Donnie asked, looking at the man who sat handcuffed in front of him."I tried to kill someone," he replied with a sigh."What the znap did you do that for?" Dude asked."She killed five partners of mine," replied the man. "I had a job, there were seven of us, only two got out, me and...""Him?" Donnie asked, motioning toward the back of the alley."Yeah," replied the man.

Pierce led Dr. Shaw quickly through the wing as they observed the new wave of casualties that had arrived. There were a few of them."I think this one takes priority," Wade shouted from nearby, standing over a particularly badly bruised man.He was rather surprised by the one person he found on one stretcher. A woman, one who seemed familiar at that."Do you know her?" Shaw asked."She reminds me of someone I read about yesterday," replied Pierce. "Great builder, it's Amanda. That girl everyone was trying to kill."He quickly got down and looked at the young woman. There was a gaping wound in her chest."Shaw," Pierce shouted. "Get some equipment over here! We got to patch up this wound. There's got to be something we-""Doctor," Shaw said as she crouched down."We got to get the bullet out of her," replied Pierce nervously."Pierce," replied Shaw."Get her to to an operating table NOW!""This patient is dead," Shaw finally stated. Pierce looked at her a moment, realizing to his horror that she was right."You're right," replied Pierce. "Poor girl. Accused falsely of murder and nearly getting killed at least once. Looks like someone finally got her."Shaw left for a moment to get a sheet. When she came back, she placed it on top of Amanda, covering her whole body.The other doctors were busy rushing to accomodate the new wounded. Nearby Pierce could see the much older face of Copper hastily examining a wounded patient. Enter and Return were still bringing in piles of patients among sharks, trees, and other strange items. Still, Pierce remained crouched, nervously. Shaw stood in clear remorse."SOMEONE GIVE ME A HAND!" Copper shouted, breaking their silence. Pierce quickly got to his feet and ran over towards him. Shaw was soon running to Wade's assistance with another patient.

OOC: Atton, that seems way, way too soon to have your characters interact with Amanda's corpse. Rex hasn't even been rescued yet (if he even will be), so how could her body even be picked up?Also, if you're still looking for things for your characters in HQ to do, Hertz recently sent out a message throughout the entire building advising them to prepare for evacuation (there's some details in Hertz's last appearance) due to the whole Maelstrom-possessed Dr. Rex thing, so you could have the medical people trying to handle the dilemma of how to move or abandon operations.

Edited by Andrewnuva199

OOC: I see. I guess I just assumed someone came in and took the body.
OOC: When Rex was in the middle of grieving, Dr. Glados was in the middle of shooting him, and a Mutant Lizard was in the middle of pouncing on them.That would make for a morbidly funny comic, I will admit.

OOC: I see. I guess I just assumed someone came in and took the body.
OOC: When Rex was in the middle of grieving, Dr. Glados was in the middle of shooting him, and a Mutant Lizard was in the middle of pouncing on them.
OOC: Dang it. I hate when I make some mistake and bring about an inconsistency that somehow leads me into a tight corner.IC: Pierce turned in surprise as a young woman in a wheelchair approached him."If 'this isn't a medical emergency it's probably not the best time," Pierce said."It is," replied the woman. "Didn't you hear?""What?" Pierce asked. "I guess most of us were to busy to pay any attention to the announcements.""Hertz has ordered us all to the basement," the woman explained. "Dr. uh...""Pierce,""Pierce. You and your colleagues are to get the wounded down their quickly. It's not safe up here.""You mind if I ask who you are?""Shannon Grimton. Now let's go."Pierce sighed. "Wade, Crusher, we got trouble!"""What's wrong?" Wade shouted nervously."Something's just come up," replied Pierce. "Apparently we have orders to move the wounded agents to the basement.""You crazy?" Wade replied. "We can't move half these people. Things are rough enough as it is, some of them the wounds are bad enough that it could kill them! And what about the ones hooked up to things.""We'll just have to take them with us," replied Pierce. "Crusher, go get Carver, tell her we need to move the patients. We're going to need all the help we can get."

OoC:Also, if you're looking for something to do there was a large explosion on the south side. It's on the third floor and I picture something along the lines of the cover of the Dark Knight. (Much Smaller of course but the same kind of fire and effects.) Hertz was last seen in the room where the rocket hit but I'll ask no one find him yet. However, considering the magnitude of the blast there will defiantly be injuries and casualties. There is also at least one Inferno Helicopter hovering outside so don't get to close to the edge or your get shoot at!I'll have a short Pharisee/full Solomon post next. Over the last few months I've been brainstorming a loose sequel to the rpg based around the 2012 Dino theme. I've developed a plot I'm pretty existed about and created a villain I truly like. Unlike the extravagant plain of world domination it's more down to earth and has a very real quality about it. My next iC will contain some hints and I intent to post a full teaser sometime this mouth.

Edited by that guy from that show

That is all

OOC: I think I remember that. That Inferno henchman fired at it, blew up most of the lounge.By the way, I think a Naomi post at some point soon might not be too bad an idea, provided of course you can avoid getting Naomi Carver confused with Noomi Shaw. :superfunny:IC: "Alright," Pierce said as soon as Crusher and Carver returned. "We got to act fast. Wade, you give Enter and Return a hand with moving patients. Make sure they don't bungle it up at all."Wade quickly nodded."Carver, Shaw, you two get a good look around the base? Make sure there isn't anyone we've missed. If you find anyone, I want you to bring them down and set them up. When you're done come back and give us a hand with the equipment. Copper and I can keep an eye on the wounded men while they're waiting to be taken down, perform any emergency surgery if neccessary. Clickitt, Crusher, I want you to start bringing down supplies. Everything we've got, blood samples, penicillen, surgical tools, anything that we'll need in an operation. I want this room empty when we're done. Everybody clear?"The other doctors nodded. "Good," replied Pierce. "Let's get to work."With that, the doctors one by one split up to begin their respective tasks.

Edited by Atton Rand