Dino Attack: At War's End

PeabodySam

OOC: crazy -- I was under the impression that we were still in the city. If not, I'll need to do a heckuva lot of editing on my last IC.Atton -- you could say that Rotor and Cabin were two of the three pilots Semick sent to hassle Dr. Rex.IC: "Roger that, B," Hotwire said. Larson flew the Talon II upwards and back, trying to get the dinos in range.A deep, gruff voice broke over the comms. "Hazmatt Grendelwulf here." It was the other giant shaggy-haired Agent, Hotwire realized. "Where do you want us?"

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC:@Jacks: The way I see it, this is happening right on the edge of the city, with a winding road going up into the mountains. The confrontation with Dr. Inferno's forces would have happened in the city, but the dinos would now be coming down the mountain roads, sort of like Gandalf leading the forces of Eomer to Helm's Deep in the film adaptation of The Two Towers, if you can visualize that.

OOC: Hmm...I thought that the DAHQ would have been further inside the city, but if the subway station nearby is the only one for fifteen blocks or whatever it was Andrenuva said, maybe it is closer to the outskirts. I suppose, given how far off course Kabrinsky's Pride went, I could see your scenario happening, then.

Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC: I guess that sounds good. So just to make sure we're all on the same page, the armored lizard that we thought was Dr. Rex... wasn't, and he is another mutant dinosaur who isn't armored? Is that right at all? In that case what do you need air support for? He should be as easy to take down as any other mutant T-Rex.Oh, and by the way, before I forget, here's my addition to the Dust facts:Every night before Dust goes to sleep, he checks his closet for Trigger.IC: Trigger emptied another shotgun shell into a raptor's head, causing it to fall. It was only just after that that Carrie Enderson returned with the remaining grenades."We're going to have to make a break for it," Trigger said."But there's so many of them," replied Carrie. "I know," replied Trigger. "Pass me a grenade."Carrie did so, As another raptor stuck its head through one of the holes in the walls, Trigger through it into its mouth, and within a few short seconds it exploded."What we got to do is get to the roof," Trigger said as Snake fired into the mouth of another dinosaurs. "We got to get to higher ground. That should buy us bit more time.""What do we do?" Carrie asked."This is a city we're in. Naturally, on a busy street like this, this bar is right next to a number of other buildings, some of which are still intact. If we can get to the roof we might be able to find a way of climbing away before they tear us down."With that, Trigger ran for the stairs, followed by Snake and Carrie. They slowly worked their way up until finally they opened a door and reached the top of the building. As Trigger noted, there were other buildings fairly close, and a group of angry raptors crowding below.Snake was the first to go. He ran to the edge and jumped, and just in time grabbed the edge of the roof of the building next door and kept running. Trigger was soon to follow. Then Carrie made her jump. She grabbed the edge of the roof with one hand, and slowly struggled. Snake watched coldly, but Trigger walked up to her. "Here, take my hand," Trigger said as he held out his hand. Carrie grabbed it, and slowly he helped her onto the rooftop. They took a moment to catch their breath."What now?" Snake asked."Well," replied Trigger. "We'll have to keep going. If we can get to the end of the street at least we might just stand a chance. On the other hand, someone's probably left an old car around here somewhere. All we have to do is hotwire it and then we're home free."

OOC:I forgot. Silly me. I still need Brikman to say whether Nazareno and Zelda will help Dr. Cyborg with his plan.Also, Atton, I think the fact needs to be the other way around, Trigger checking for Dust.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

Also, Atton, I think the fact needs to be the other way around, Trigger checking for Dust.
OOC: That was the point. I was making a pun on a popular "take that" toward Chuck Norris jokes which is formatted in the style of a Chuck Norris fact but is completely backwards; "Every night before Chuck Norris goes to bed he checks his closet for Clint Eastwood" (who for the record, is infinitely more awesome than Chuck Norris).

OOC: I guess that sounds good. So just to make sure we're all on the same page, the armored lizard that we thought was Dr. Rex... wasn't, and he is another mutant dinosaur who isn't armored? Is that right at all? In that case what do you need air support for? He should be as easy to take down as any other mutant T-Rex.Oh, and by the way, before I forget, here's my addition to the Dust facts:Every night before Dust goes to sleep, he checks his closet for Trigger.
OOC: The armored Mutant T-Rex who led the attack on the river was just some random Mutant T-Rex in silver armor. Everyone naturally assumed that it was Dr. Rex, and it was quickly defeated. The real Dr. Rex led the attack through the subway tunnel while everyone was fighting the decoy, and he is heavily armored... and not just with any armor, but armor fashioned from silge metal, which is impervious to all forms of damage.... and if Dust finds Trigger in his closet, all Dust has to do is glare at him to make Trigger wish that he never went inside Dust's closet.IC: "Greybeard? Greybeard! GREYBEARD!"No matter how many times Rex shouted the old pirate's name into the radio, there was no response. Greybeard's line was as dead as a doornail. Worried, Rex traded glances with Frozeen and Amanda. It was very disconcerting to have to wait here in an Iron Predator while the front lines were in danger. Turning his attention back to the radio, Rex tried for King Joseph Race. No reply. Then, when Rex tried for Samuel Race, he received a load of static which finally cleared to the following message:"... Dr. Rex. I'm turning back and I'm going to rescue them!""No!" ordered Rex. "It's too dangerous! Pull out, Samuel Race! Get out of there as quickly as you can!""No way! That's my father and an old family friend back there! Don't worry, Rex, I'm fast enough! I can-""Sam, listen to me!" interrupted Rex. "I understand that you want to rescue them, but if Dr. Rex got them, I'm afraid there's no hope! You need to-" Rex was cut off as the other line began to blare static. He cursed quietly under his breath. He knew that if he were in Samuel Race's position, he would do the same thing. But as much as he wished that Greybeard and King Race could be saved... he feared that Sam Race's efforts were reckless and suicidal in the heat of battle.Another few tense moments passed, during which Rex could only hear the sounds of falling rain, the rumbling of thunder, and the distant noises of battle. Then, at last, Rex heard a voice on the radio with a very clear message: "I need... help! Meet... me at... Enderson's!""Enderson's?" blinked Amanda. "I know where that is!"With Amanda shouting directions, Rex drove the Iron Predator through the streets of LEGO City. The tank-like vehicle had to come to a halt in front of a huge pile of rubble that blocked their path. Frozeen began grumbling, "If I had my Tundra Tracker with me, I could just drill through this mess.""Amanda and I will continue on foot," decided Rex. "Frozeen, stay with the Iron Predator. If we need anything, we'll contact you. If you don't hear from us in five minutes, assume we're dead and return the Iron Predator to the defensive position where Semick wanted it.""It's dangerous to go alone," Frozeen tossed Rex a Cosmotronic Ray. "Here, take this!" With that, Rex activated his hover-chair, and he and Amanda hopped out of the Iron Predator and continued on the way to Enderson's.OOC: Coming up next: Amanda and Trigger have one final confrontation! Stay tuned till tomorrow!

OOC: They say that Blood Beard Joe is so mighty, that even Dust and Chuck Norris combined wet their pants in his presentIC: ."I'm not sure what to do against that Dr. Rex," Cabin said over the comm of her T-1. "Everything we're throwing at him is doing nothing. If anything I think it's just making him angrier."

OOC: They say that Blood Beard Joe is so mighty, that even Dust and Chuck Norris combined wet their pants in his present
OOC: I'm starting to think you're not too amused by the Cool Dude Fact jokes.

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

OOC: I'm here.Go ahead, avmatoran. Use Zelda, Nazareno, Parr, Sullivan, or Fredricksen. My master plan for Nazareno and Zelda doesn't go into effect until much later.I'm going to go back to Blaire and Inferno briefly, then we'll see who captured Zach. Which would need more dramatic music rather than battle music. Most notably, the song "Girei" (Alternatively, "Declaration of a God") from Naruto Shippuden, which is Blaire's yet-to-be-revealed (not from Naruto Shippuden) inspiration's leitmotif.IC:"I am surprised, Inferno," Blaire said. "I expected you to be long gone from here.""Thanks to your Hybrid friends, I'm still here," Dr. Inferno muttered coldly."Which brings me to my main point of dragging you away from whatever desertion plans you had," Blaire continued. "I've been extremely unhappy with your lack of cooperation in these last few weeks.""How so?" Inferno demanded angrily. "I've been aiding this organization since the beginning and-""Do not play games with me," Blaire hissed, pointing a gloved finger at Inferno. "I am not a fool. You did not expect your forces to get such a beating from the Dino Attack Team in the Goo Caverns and on LEGO Island. You have been hesitant to supply us henchmen since then.""You are wrong!" Inferno hissed. "I am not made of henchmen to just shower XERRD with!" Dr. Inferno then scoffed. "I don't need to be badgered by some Small Name, Big Ego such as yourself! I only answer to myself and Dr. Rex. I don't even know your name!""My name is Blaire Darkling, and I think you have every right to get talked down by myself. I sent a sent a specific request for you to send some henchmen to our fortress on Adventurers' Island and you ignored it. With your reinforcements in addition to the guards and Skeleton Mummies, the Dino Attack Team wouldn't have been able to destroy that fortress.""I told you," Dr. Inferno snapped angrily. "I am not made of henchmen!.""Regardless, there should have been some of your troops there.""Señor Palomar was in charge-""Señor Palomar," Blaire interrupted. "Is completely useless to this organization as of late. His only purpose was oversee operations on Adventurers' Island. Seeing as he miserably failed that job and has no useful resources, I am honestly surprised Dr. Rex has dispose of that fool yet."Dr. Inferno was silent, glaring at Blaire angrily. The XERRD commander smirked. "This extends much farther than having enough henchmen. You are finally realizing how far in over your head you are. You aligned with XERRD because of your misguided and childish opposition to Evil Ogel and for survival purposes. I wouldn't be surprised if you were planning to overthrow Dr. Rex at some point and use the Mutant Dinos to your own ends. However, only now, as Dr. Rex continues to freefall into his violent insanity and with the revelations of the Maelstrom manipulating this organization, do you doubt your decision."Dr. Inferno sneered. "You should talk, Darkling. You're in this just as far as everyone else.""True, but I have my endgame sorted out," Blaire scoffed. "Do you?" Inferno was silenced. "As it stands, I am finishing this war on my terms. And as one of XERRD's top officials, I demand you send your henchmen into battle to aide us one last time.""And what if I don't?" Inferno hissed in a daring matter.Blaire leaned in close. "I'll send them in myself. By any means necessary." He let the threat hang in the air for a moment. He turned his head. Several Agents Aerial Defense Units were approaching the battle. Blaire grinned, an idea forming in his head"Look who is just arriving," Blaire said, gesturing to the dark blue helicopter. Dr. Inferno's good eye narrowed angrily. "Perhaps you should treat it like this: this is not only the final battle between XERRD and D.I.N.O. Attack, but the final battle between your forces and the Agents Defense Organization. Perhaps even the Alpha Team, as I'm sure they'll be arriving on the scene at any moment. This can finally be your moment. You can topple all three of your rivals at once. The Agents, the Alpha Team, and Evil Ogel's forces with the Dino Attack Team. You will becoming the greatest evil genius of all time. You will finally beat out that wretched Ogel, once and for all."Blaire suppressed a smirk as he watched Dr. Inferno think this over. He knew of the mad scientist's over-inflated ego. Defeating all three of his enemies at once would make him the greatest Villain of all time. Finally, "I will order my henchmen to join your forces.""Excellent," Blaire said, shaking Inferno's robotic hand. "Go now." Inferno nodded and headed toward stairs. Egotistical, Card-carrying fool. Blaire thought with relish. He turned back to the battle. The only thing left to do would be to contact Willa the Witch and have her and a couple of Fright Knights join our ranks. Except for she hasn't been heard from since encountering Lord Vladek and King Race. Perhaps she will make a late entrance. If not, oh well.Blaire jerked his head to the side, flipping some of his hair out from in front of his sunglasses, smirking as he crossed his arms. This is shaping up to be quite the battle.

IC: Scope grinned as she pulled her rifle out of the loophole in the sniping post and turned to the other agents. "Who was it that bet 40 moneys that I couldn't kill a raptor.""That would be me," replied one of the other snipers. "Well, then, pay up," replied Scope. The agent grumbled as he took out some cash and handed it to Scope before she turned back to the loophole.

Ooc:After a relatively interesting trip to Chicago involving being scammed by a homeless con-man I have come to make some quick notes via phone1: to spite what I said earlier Solomon is not available for interaction now. He has a score to settle with Raul and and may not be ready to work with anyone for awhile. Hertz on the other hand has a few tricks up his sleave for taking done crysta's bane so he would bethe one to go to.2: before amanda arives at enderson's I want to get Pharisee there. This event may prove to be a climax for the stories of him, Montoya, and Trigger so I will need him to be present. Amanda being there latter will be a bonas. Once I find a way to deal with X2 I'll make it a priority. Atton perhaps we sould collaberate via pm considering this may be the last time our guys meet.3: I'm thinking ominous latten chanting is the appropriate sound track.4: Dust > Trigger. This is not up for debate. Perhaps we sould do a deadliest warrior style fight after this is all over just for fun. No plot, no reason, just an epic winner take all fight.5: pyro needs help.All this was really hard to do on my phone keyboard. I'll be ariveing back a Wartburg in a few hours so I'll try a post then

Edited by that guy from that show

That is all

OOC:

OOC: They say that Blood Beard Joe is so mighty, that even Dust and Chuck Norris combined wet their pants in his present
I... think you don't quite understand the point of these Dust facts. Look, I hate Chuck Norris facts too (they've long gone stale in my book), but I'm willing to put aside my animosity to enjoy a bit of fun. We're not making Chuck Norris facts or anti-Chuck Norris facts with Dust just thrown in... we're making Dust facts all in good humor as a response to rather amusing statement by that guy from that show about Dust not needing a shirt.I could be wrong, as I never was good at reading people (as I said, I decided to write Frozeen as something that I know), but it seems to me that if you do understand the point of these Dust facts, then I detect a hint of bitter resentment towards Dust going on here. All other Dust facts are marketing him as a Memetic Badman, and it's all in good humor. But both of your Dust facts make Dust a... well, for lack of a better term, a "victim" rather than a badman. In one, he's afraid of Trigger, which seems to be going against the point of these Dust facts; in the other, he and Chuck Norris (for whom you've already slated your distaste) are afraid of... Blood Beard Joe? Who invited him? You've made it clear that you don't like Chuck Norris facts, but the fact that you've gone ahead and written a few of them, featuring Dust but not as the Memetic Badman of the fact, seems to suggest a hint of bitter resentment towards Dust to me. As I said, I could be completely wrong about this, but that's what I think I'm seeing.Pharaoh Amset-Ra awoke to reclaim Egypt. He met Dust and subsequently decided it was in his best interest to hide in his sarcophagus for the rest of eternity. Thus, the LEGO Group decided to move Pharaoh's Quest from 2011 to 1924 in order for the storyline to work.
2: before amanda arives at enderson's I want to get Pharisee there. This event may prove to be a climax for the stories of him, Montoya, and Trigger so I will need him to be present. Amanda being there latter will be a bonas. Once I find a way to deal with X2 I'll make it a priority. Atton perhaps we sould collaberate via pm considering this may be the last time our guys meet.
Given that I have a bad feeling that I know what Pharisee is going to do when he meets Trigger, it might be better if Amanda confronted Trigger first. Don't worry. There will still be more than enough Trigger left after the confrontation for Pharisee to deal with in his own personal matter, I promise you.

OOC:

"It's dangerous to go alone," Frozeen tossed Rex a Cosmotronic Ray. "Here, take this!"
Me gusta :lol:
After a relatively interesting trip to Chicago involving being scammed by a homeless con-man I have come to make some quick notes via phone
If you (or anyone else here, for that matter) ever make it further east, here's a neat trick. Travel to Washington, DC. Go to a Five Guys. Accidentally buy more fries than you can reasonably be expected to look at, much less eat. Give the leftovers to the first panhandler you walk past after you leave. It makes everyone's day. Back in high school I actually did this on two different class trips at two different Five Guyses (how do you pluralize that anyway?) with two completely different groups of friends. It seems I will never learn that the portions at Five Guys are inhuman.
Perhaps we sould do a deadliest warrior style fight after this is all over just for fun. No plot, no reason, just an epic winner take all fight.
If we do that I may just enter the Grendelwulf brothers :P Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC: How about we just do the entire Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny with these people. Oh.. now I'm thinking we ought to do a redub of that song for the RPG (in a similar style to Andrewnuva's "Dino Alert").For some reason I find myself imagining it as some kind of fighting game along the lines of street fighter or Mortal Combat; like every character would have their own set of skills and weapons. Then I'm just trying to imagine a humorous confrontation; something like... Alan Pierce (+5 regenerative health, no weapons beyond a syringe; primary skill: talking) vs. Dietrich Luzwheit (+5 regenerative healing, primary skill: melee, main weapon: bonesaw)Or we can put random characters together in Epic Rap Battles. I can just see it now:EPIC RAP BATTLES OF HISTORY!SARAH BISHOPVSDR. REXBEGIN!*Cue Dr. Rex beginning to rap only to be knocked out instantly by a large object thrown at him by Sarah Bishop.*Sarah Bishop: That's for dragging my daughter into your war.The one that quickly comes to mind is Rotor vs. Rex; where Rotor can get a few lines about how Rex's taming of mutant dinos completely defeats the purpose of him being in a team that was formed to destroy them, to which Rex can counter by listing all the unnecessarily inhuman things that Rotor's done.Rotor: When I'm given a target I blow it sky high. You try to tame the beasts your team was founded to destroy.Rex: You're one to talk. Say that to those you murdered, or how about that innocent child you brutally tortured.

OOC: Urgh, must get one more IC in before fatigue takes me.So I'm leaving again. I'll be back on Sunday night, though I probably won't have the energy to post then. crazy, feel free to use the crew of the Talon II and the Grendelwulf brothers for whatever it is you are planning. avmatoran, if you need anyone extra to take down Cyrista's Bane, Helm is available. And to anyone who need some air support or extra firepower, Osprey is hovering about with little to do, as are Swerve, Wright, and Shiller in their IP.IC: It was with some difficulty that Sam Kabrinsky and the Grendelwulfs persuaded the packs of dinosaurs charging down the street to follow them back into the city, but they pulled it off as B raced toward the foothills. Hazmatt remained on the hood of the bike, occasionally spraying the beasts with short bursts from his SMGs -- not enough to take them down, but enough to keep their attention. Epic Winston began losing patience somewhat; taking one hand off the handlebars, he drew his broadsword and punched it into a raptor's side as the passed.The Talon II floated above them, dropping shots behind the dinosaurs to keep them moving back in the right direction and prevent them from noticing B. Hotwire remained uneasy. "We ought to be drawing them away from the main battle, not back toward it," he muttered to himself. "Dang it, B, you'd better have one seriously good plan."------------------------"You snipers all think you're so cool, sitting up in your windows taking potshots. Why not come down here and see what real fighting's like?""Drat! Missed by a mile. A plague on you and your descendants, you stupid lizard!""Why the heck are they crowding around that bar? I never thought of raptors as the drinking types.""Remember the Lusitania!""Pshh, I could clear the dinos out of that alley in ten seconds flat! Ten. Seconds. Flat."

Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

IC:"We got the opportunity, now we take it. Rob, Kev, you know where you need to go in there?"Rob and Kevin responded affirmatively. At the high speeds, the cave seemed to rush up at them, and then the three were enveloped in total darkness. B stopped the Fire hammer, and the three dismounted, drawing their weapons."Rob, find the generator. Kevin, find the security system."Rob quickly found the generator, and the cave was suddenly filled with light. While Kevin fiddled with the security system, B walked over to a workbench. He pushed aside what spare tools and bits of metal lay on it, and quickly found what he was looking for."And to think that the last time I was here, it was only to open a box."B heard an ominous click come from the back of the cave. He spun around and readied his pistol. A laugh echoed through the cave."It's so good to see you, B. I thought you'd never get here!"B swore, "Can nobody I kill stay dead?""That's your hello? I mean, c'mon! I'm the next Mr. Ruler of the Universe, and you're wondering why I'm not dead already! Tough crowd. You see, B, we really aren't that different. Wait, that's too cliche. How about this? Give me what you just found, and you won't die!""Overconfident, arrogant, and flamboyant in a very evil manner? You definitely are one of Inferno's elite goons.""Please, B, 'goon' is a term that is beneath me.""Let's add conceited to that list, shall we," B snarled."Shall we conclude the first stage of the proverbial duel of wits? As much as I'm enjoying this, we must get to the actual witty banter, as I am on a bit of a schedule."B seethed with anger. He took a step toward the Inferno agent at the back of the cave, but the sound of multiple rifles cocking made him stop in his tracks."Look," said the Inferno Agent, "I'll give you the information you're looking for! You see, I'm sure that everyone you've killed has stayed dead! In fact, I'm not the person you think I am! Dr. Inferno has, you know, only a certain amount of templates for elite henchmen, and I am, in fact, only the second to bear the title 'Bio-Eyes!""Look, 'Bio-Eyes' I'll give you three choices: surrender now, and potentially live, fight now, and die, or run screaming out of the cave like a little child, and probably die at the hands of my teammates. Your choice.""Come now B! I'm sure you know that you're outgunned and outnumbered in more ways than one! We all want a quick and easy end to this war, and that's why we're both here! Scheming: it's what this whole war's about, y'know. Everyone has their own personal agenda that they're pushing, and everyone wants out of the arrangement that they're in! Inferno, Ogel, Dr. Rex, everyone is planning something! I'm sure that I soon as the war is over, Ogel is gonna pull out some big plan that you're going to have to contend with, assuming your side wins! However, given these current circumstances, isn't likely. Inferno, you see, apparently isn't happy with the way the war is going. He wants to rule the world, not the rubble left after the apocalypse! So, he sent me here, and I think you know why.""That seems a bit counterproductive, doesn't it," remarked Rob, who was standing warily by the generator."Why would this be counterproductive?""Because, don't you know," said B, "Sequels almost always bomb in whatever they attempt. By the way..."B nodded at his teammates, and they launched into action. Before the Inferno agents knew what hit them, they lay on the ground, dead. B then aimed his pistol at Bio-Eyes, and fired. The shot echoed through the cave, and the body slumped to the ground."Eat lead, you son of a megablock."OOC;All will be revealed in my next IC.

OOC: You know, Atton, the funny thing about doing a Rap Battle is that any one of my characters would probably get in one or two lines before stopping and saying, "... What the heck is this? Seriously? Is this supposed to be rap? I hate rap! That's it, I'm out of here!" and just exit stage left. That is... any one of my characters, except for Grease, but he'd most likely have his hip piece handed to him by the end of the battle because nobody likes him. Then again, there's Bob Rutherford, who seems like the kind of guy who would like rap and do it well, but it's debatable whether or not he is "my" character, so...While a rewrite of "Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny" sounds like fun, don't you think it would be more interesting if we did something completely original?IC: After clearing the pile of rubble, Rex and Amanda Claw moved with urgency as they made their way down the street. Rain washed over them as they moved, and Amanda often splashed in puddles along the way. Luckily, Zed Provhezor had likely taken rain into account when he designed the hover-chair because it was designed so that all circuits were well-protected from the water to prevent any short-circuiting. Every time they came to an intersect, Amanda pointed in the direction to go. The more they ran, the closer the sounds of battle came.At last, Rex and Amanda stopped in front of a bar with the word "ENDERSON'S" written in bold letters displayed above the door. However, the place looked as though a bulldozer had run through it. Recognizing it as the work of a Mutant T-Rex, Rex traded glances with Amanda. Slowly and cautiously, they entered the wrecked bar. Inside, they found two Mutant Lizards scavenging for meat, and Rex quickly dispatched them with the Cosmotronic Ray."Hello?" called Rex. "Anyone in here?"No reply. Rex and Amanda were about to turn and leave when they heard a cough. From behind the counter, they saw two familiar figures rise, each one leaning on the other for support. As they limped towards Rex and Amanda, Rex was disturbed by all the cuts and bruises that covered their skin and all the blood stains on their torn clothing. Quickly, Amanda ran forward to assist them, giving them extra support to walk."Oh my Builder," whispered Rex. "How are you?""I've been better," shrugged one of them, "but I've been worse, too."The other shook his head in disbelief. "I... can't believe it..." he sobbed. "I... I was sure that I was fast enough... but my speed... my speed failed me! Failed my kingdom! Failed... my father! My... my father...!"The realization washed over Rex like cold water. "Is he...?" inquired Rex.The first nodded grimly. "He... didn't make it."Rex beckoned to them. "Come, we need to get you two out of here. It's not safe here, and it won't be safe elsewhere for long."With that, Rex, Amanda, Greybeard, and Samuel Race exited Enderson's bar. Even in the small time that they spent inside the bar, they could see that the battle had intensified even more on the streets outside the bar. They caught a glimpse of a Fire Hammer speeding away, pursued by two Mutant Lizards and a Mutant Raptor, which the jeep's Xenon Multi-Mode Launcher was trying to aim and fire at. Meanwhile, an Urban Avenger fired its Sonic Screamer at a swarm of Mutant Lizards but proceeded to be ambushed by a Mutant T-Rex."Let's go," nodded Rex."Wait," Amanda held up her hand, then pointed towards a car at the end of the block. It was a normal civilian car, but its alarms were blaring, and a pack of Mutant Raptors were keenly interested in it. Since Mutant Raptors were intelligent hunters, Rex doubted that they were merely distracted by the lights and noise of the car alarm, but instead more likely trying to get inside the car to get some fresh meat. "Hand me the Cosmotronic Ray. I think I can handle this."Tossing the Cosmotronic Ray to Amanda, Rex told her: "Okay, but quickly. We need to return to the Iron Predator quickly, before even more Mutant Dinos show up here."Amanda sprinted down the street towards the car. As soon as she was in range, she fired the Cosmotronic Ray at the nearest Mutant Raptor. The ray's beam hit the Mutant Raptor dead-on, and the creature stumbled. The other Mutant Raptors quickly took notice of her, but her aim with the Cosmotronic Ray was true, and they fell quickly. By the time Amanda reached the car, the Mutant Raptors were fallen.Looking through the car window, she saw that there were indeed some Minifig passengers inside, none of which were wearing Dino Attack uniforms. She lightly knocked on the window, which rolled down to reveal a woman. "Thanks for that," she smiled.The woman looked strangely familiar to Amanda, but she was sure that they had never met. Raising her eyebrows, Amanda guessed, "You must be Enderson.""Carrie," nodded the woman. "How did you know? I never forget a face, but I don't think I've seen you before.""I know your brother, Bartholomew," explained Amanda. "He once mentioned having a sister, and I think I can see the family resemblance. I'm glad you're alright, Carrie, but what are you doing here? Mayor Frictionfit issued a mass evacuation a few hours ago.""I know," sighed Carrie, "but I needed to stay behind, tend to my bar... and protect these two fellows from the upcoming dino attack. When the bar was no longer safe, we took to the rooftops and then tried to hotwire this car for a quick getaway. Of course, as you saw, it didn't quite work out."Two fellows? wondered Amanda. She nodded to Carrie, then stepped forward and knocked on the driver's side window. When the Minifig in the driver's seat refused to lower his window, Amanda knocked again. This time, the window rolled down, and what Amanda saw filled her with disgust. "Trigger."Apparently just as disgusted, Trigger replied with, "Venomosa. And so, we meet again." On top of that, sitting next to him was none other than the eyepatched wonder himself, Snake.Pointing her Cosmotronic Ray at him, Amanda forced the car door open. "Step out of the car," she ordered. "Now."Trigger glared at her with hatred in his eyes, but eventually he complied, knowing that she was not going to leave him alone otherwise.Shaking her head in disbelief, Amanda muttered: "Wow, Trigger. Really? You know, I used to think that you were just a heartless mercenary who would complete a job by any means necessary. Guess I was wrong about that. You know, when I was… her… I at least had the decency to finish a job rather than ditch my employers in their darkest hour!""Oh, shut up!" snapped Trigger. "You're the one who betrayed the rest of us back at Dacta!""You know," mused Amanda, "it is kind of ironic. You are so MEGABLOK-bent upon killing me… not because I killed Keaton, Orange, and the others, but because I foiled your precious little job. And here you are, running away from another job. I guess, in your twisted mind that perverts everything to make you see things the way you want to see them, a little heist on Dacta Corporation is a million times more important than saving the world. Someone needs to get their priorities straightened out.""I'm not a moron," growled Trigger. "I know when it's suicidal to stick with a job, and that's when I back out. No point in losing my life for money."Amanda lowered her head, glaring at Trigger with fierce intensity. "Get your head out of your hip piece, Trigger! Look around you! The world is in ruins! This is not some little inconvenience that you can walk away from; this is the apocalypse itself! Mutant Dinos are everywhere across the world! Every spaceport has been destroyed, every spacecraft wrecked beyond repair… and even if you miraculously found some way off the planet, LEGO Planet is officially under quarantine, and nothing is allowed to leave the planet to prevent the Mutant Dino invasion from spreading to other worlds! There is no escape, Trigger! If you run from this job, and we lose this battle because you were not here to help us, you'll have nowhere to run."Then, Amanda bent in close to Trigger, so close she could smell his disgusting cigarette-ridden breath, and pressed her knife to his neck. "And if we win this battle and I find out that you are such a blind moron that you did not hear a word I said and then deserted us anyway... then I shall hunt you down and assassinate you without a second thought."Trigger snorted. "If you're so MEGABLOKLAND-bent upon killing me, then why don't you just do it now?"Amanda lowered her knife, but she kept her eyes loked on Trigger. "Because, unlike you, I am not MEGABLOKLAND-bent upon killing you. That night at Dacta, you let it change your entire life... for me, it was just another Tuesday, and I never gave you so much as a second thought after that night because I simply don't care about you at all. You're nothing, Trigger. You're just an empty shell without any personality. Montoya is a greater man than you can ever hope to be."Pointing her knife at Snake, Amanda continued: "And you? You're as bad as him! If we win, you'll need that pardon... and if we lose, you won't need a pardon, because you'll be dead!'Turning to Carrie, she sighed. "I'm sorry you got mixed up in this, Carrie. You're free to go, but be careful... LEGO City is not a good place to be at the moment."As she turned to leave, Amanda heard a gun cock. Spinning around, she threw her knife, and her aim was true, as the flying knife knocked the pistol right out of Trigger's hand. As she retrieved her knife, Amanda shot Trigger one last death glare before departing.

Edited by PeabodySam

OOC:Wow. Somebody's mad.IC:Dr. Cyborg was waiting for the people he contacted to call him back, so he was watching others attack Cyrista's Bane, trying to figure out any additions Dr. Rex may have made. He saw two Fire Hammers driving up to it. He heard them over the radio. One would attack it, and try to get it to turn around. The other would then attack it from behind. The plan seemed to be working perfectly, except that when the second came behind it to attack, Cyrista's Bane looked over its shoulder (If you haven't been clued in yet that this isn't a normal Mutant T-Rex, that should tell you that it isn't one!) and fired its eyebeam at it, melting the engine."Hmm... How is that possible? They gave no indication of their plan, except.....over the radio! Oh, scrap, this isn't good, not at all," he said to nobody but himself. "That can now intercept radio transmissions and somehow understand them! I gotta warn people! But how...." He trailed off as he looked at one of the two Cosmotronic Rays he had installed on the Titanium Predator. He remembered idly planning a communications system based off of recalibrated CRs last night. He connected to it and changed the settings such as power and wavelength so it would transmit messages instead of death. He automated it to send messages to everyone within range not to use radio to plan attacks against Cyrista's Bane. With that done, he recorded a message and sent it to X1 via CR. He had gotten responses from Nazareno and Zelda, saying they and the Urban Avengers with them would help. Helm and Hertz had volunteered, but Solomon had said he had something else to do currently. The message he sent to them using X1 to impersonate himself explained his plan.OOC:Next part of his plan next IC, I gotta go now.

Edited by avmatoran

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC: "There's something up with this thing," Cabin said as she eyed Cyrista's Bane. "I think it might be intercepting our radio transmissions.""How's it doing that?" Rotor asked."I don't know," replied Cabin. "Whatever it is, we got to do something.""Alright," replied Rotor. "All units are to change radio frequencies every fifteen minutes."As he spoke, he began to change his own frequency."How will that help?" Cabin asked."Well theoretically it will have to adjust its senses to the changes in frequency. By repeatedly changing our frequencies we might just be able to confuse it."

IC:The first thing Zach heard was rain tapping on glass. Then he felt a drop land on his face. Blinking twice, Zach slowly rose to his feet and looked around, massaging his neck.He was clearly in some building that hadn't been recovered yet from the initial Dino Attack. Furniture was tossed around, gaping holes in the wall, and everything was extremely dusty. He turned to the windows of the room and glanced out the broken one. He was at least a story off the ground."Finally. You're awake," a voice said from the shadows. Zach's eyes narrowed, remembering who this person was. He turned around and saw the thin outline of the man from the darkest corner of the room."I'll admit," the man said. "I probably wouldn't have recognized you if you hadn't punched with that Builder-forsaken hand of yours. It hurt the first time in the tent on Adventurers' Island, it'll hurt again on the battlefield that is LEGO City. What was your name again?""Zachary Virchaus?" Zach said with scoff. "Can't even remember my name, Oswald?"Oswald Fabello stepped out from the shadows, no longer wearing the helmet and cloth with a scowl on his face. "I honestly could care less about you, Virchaus. I haven't been secretly plotting your demise since leaving Adventurers' Island.""Busy plotting Minerva's, right?" Zach was surprised to see Oswald's physical appearance change so drastically since Adventurers' Island. His once handsome face had gained a sunken look on his face with bloodshot, tired-looking eyes. His blonde hair was somewhat unkept and had the barest hint of gray in it.Oswald smirked. "Not quite.""Where are we exactly?"Oswald shrugged. "A building on the "XERRD" side of the river. Don't know what its for, but I don't really care.""Alright, and so why did you bring me here?" Zach was preparing to launch a ball of Maelstrom at Oswald so he could leave."I wanted to talk. I have no desire to kill you. Yet." Oswald took a seat in one of the few rightside-up chairs. "The more cooperative you are, the less likely I'll have to kill you."Zach knew he should've just blasted Oswald and left. "Are there anymore guards?"It was Oswald's scoff. "They're all gone. Blaire Darkling dismissed them all."Zach remembered Carolyne Provencal mention this Blaire Darkling. "Why would he do that?"Oswald shrugged. "He gathered us all up last night, which was around fifty of us. He flatly told us that we all probably die tomorrow and considered the recent revelations at the Maelstrom Temple, he dismissed us. Told us to run off. Escape and rejoin society in Antarctica. It would be easy to claim that all us died in the battle.""Rather noble. But you remain. But while you were deceived into believing XERRD's ideology, I imagine most of the guards were there for survival from the Mutant Dino apocalypse.""You're not as stupid as you look. Besides that, I have a few scores to settle. Now, are you going to cooperate?"Zach sighed. "What do you want?"Oswald stood up. "Where is Minerva?" His voice was cold and serious."So confident in that she survived?"Oswald laughed coldly. "Even if today had ended up being the day the Maelstrom gave its reckoning to this rock, Minerva would've survived until the final moments.""I don't know. I saw some of what the Darkitect was planning. Bit hard to survive that."Clearly not amused, Oswald stepped toward Zach and punched him hard in the mouth. "Now, where is she?"There was no use lying. Rubbing his jaw, he said, "She was that agent that you threw into the backseat of the Fire Hammer by the throat.""Son of a-" Oswald turned away from Zach, running a hand through his hair in an irritated fashion. "Fine, fine," he muttered, clearly to himself. "We can still work this out." He turned back to Zach. "In the meantime..."Zach grimaced, prepared to get some sort of beatdown from the former Dino Attack agent. However, Oswald merely took a seat, staring at hard at Zach. "So tell me," Oswald began, running his hand through his hair. "What exactly is your relationship with Minerva?" Zach raised an eyebrow at this sudden change of tone. "I know what I said back on Adventurers' Island, but now I'm genuinely interested." Zach remained silent. Oswald rolled his eyes, but nodded. "I see. Friend zone'd."Zach coughed. "What?""You know, when-""I know what it means, thanks." This sudden talk reminded Zach of Stromling!Zach's angsty lashing at Minerva for, more or less, moving him into this so-called 'friendzone', despite never really making a proper advance toward her. Thinking about now realized how embarrassing it was. He had been stung, sure. But he hadn't really held it against herOswald raised his hands defensively, half grinning. "I'm not really surprised. You don't really seem like her type. Sorry, mate."Zach glared at Oswald. "Actually, I guess you would consider us in some type of romantic relationship."Zach could see Oswald becoming more and more amused. "I hope you don't mind if I doubt you."Zach shrugged. "Whatever, 'mate'. How about this? Minerva is the greatest friend I found in this war and, among other things, without her, I'd be a ridiculously over-the-top zombie."Oswald gave Zach a curious look. "Okay. Well, you're clearly in love with her. I thought she may have had feelings toward you, but I don't know. You seem like a pathetic nerd trying to prove to me that you 'got the girl' for the first time in your life.""What do you want me say?" Zach demanded, growing angry. "Say something only her older brother would know about her?" Oswald shrugged. Zach thought for a moment, then: "Your dad was murdered, your mother's insane, and she murdered your brother."Zach quickly found Oswald's hand around his throat again. Oswald glared at him for a brief moment before stepping away, releasing his grip. "Perhaps you're right. Minerva wouldn't share that you unless you were close." Oswald sat down again, breathing heavy. "The old family shame," Oswald muttered. "You just became a bit more important to me, Virchaus.""Perfect," Zach said sarcastically."I imagine when she told you the story, she glamorized and avoided her own faults.""Like what? Mentioning her kleptomania?"Oswald's face darkened. "She nearly ruined us more times than she would ever admit because of her issues. Tod and I told her to stop, but she didn't listen.""Rather hypocritical. She told me she continued to steal because, despite both of your objections, your family ate the food she stole.""It wasn't a problem until she was older," Oswald hissed. "She took her grief over Tod's death out by stealing even more than before. It became tick for her just to swipe something without even realizing it. And with this, she got caught, forcing me to pay what little money we had already to get her out. The cops would lighten the fee occasionally because they knew what happened to us. They figured what had happened 'messed up' Minerva. They pitied us." Oswald spat the last words out angrily."But in the end, she's moved on. Because of Breen and Provencal, you continue to hang on to the past and let it drive your future far more than it should."Oswald sneered. "How philosophical. Breen and Provencal were right, though. Whatever aspirations I had were crushed because I had to take care of an ungrateful brat.""It's not her fault," Zach said angrily."You're right. It isn't," Oswald said, surprising Zach. "At least not all of it. I suppose I should factor some blame in for dear old mom, eh? She's the reason my brother is dead and why I had to take care of Minerva in the first place.""She's dead."Oswald raised an eyebrow amused. "Unfortunate. I had hoped to do the honors myself." Zach simply stared. If Athena Fabello was still alive, would Oswald really have the nerve to kill her? "One last thing. Out of curiosity, why do you even like Minerva?"Zach paused. "As I said, she's my best friend. She saved me from the Maelstrom even after everything I did. Even if she was a bit rough around the edges and having a messed up past (which includes you, by the way), Minerva is a nice person person and means well to everyone, from a former zombie to an insecure Hybrid and, unlike you, can put her past struggles behind her and move on."Oswald was silent, simply glaring at Zach as he considered what the young Elite Agent said. "That's all I needed." Oswald said finally with a shrug. He walked toward Zach and launched three punches at Zach's face before he could realize what was about to happen. A few punches later, Zach felt himself fall back into unconsciousness.

IC: "I hate that son of a 4+," Trigger muttered to himself as Silencia walked away. He turned toward Carrie. "She knew your brother?""I didn't know anything like that," replied Carrie, nervously. "He never told me anything about Silencia Venemosa.""You'd better be telling the truth," replied Trigger. "Now let's go.""What about Silencia?" Replied Snake."Znap her," replied Trigger. "I can take care of myself."

IC:This is the message Dr. Cyborg sent to everyone helping him:"Alright, here is the plan. Helm and the Urban Avengers will just shoot at Cyrista's Bane. Running around it, changing course, that kind of stuff. When it shoots its tail at you, that is when Nazareno and Zelda will grab it and climb onto his back. Slice away at any skin you can find. Hertz, I want you to build a device that can discharge a car battery in a second. I will use this and stun him for a minute or two. While he is down, I will interface with the hormone injectors and relax it enough to knock it out. Alright everyone, get to work."OOC:Sorry for the short stuff, but I don't have much time right now. that guy, feel free to have Hertz make suggestions like you said you had.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC: "What about those of us in the air?" One of the pilots said over the radio."Try and fire at it," Cabin said. "It's got to have a weak spot somewhere. I'd say aim for the exposed flesh. Hopefully that ought to slow it down."It was not long after that Rotor put his hand on the trigger and hit the button. He fired a rocket straight toward Cyrista's Bane.

IC:Cyrista's Bane roared in happiness. This is what it was made for. It shot its eyebeam at an Urban Avenger circling it, barely missing it. Incoming at three o'clock, a voice in it's head said. It turned and clawed a missile out of the air, directing it to an old office building. The building exploded. Cyrista's Bane roared again, also in happiness. This was the most fun it had ever had! Remember Alpha Rex's directive, the voice said. Cyrista's Bane hadn't forgotten, it just had not seen its primary objective - the one who abandoned it, who he was named after, the one person that should have been its friend, but had hated it and left it, according to Alpha Rex. It kept on the lookout, for revenge.OOC:Sorry for the short posts. I'm trying to refine my draft for the end of Phase 1.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC: Andrew did his best to maneuver around one or two wrecked Urban Avengers as he kept his distance from the Mutant T-Rex. It wasn't exactly chasing them, thanks to a few well-aimed lightning bolts striking it in the eyes and leaving it blind. Even so, a raving mad T-Rex was dangerous, even if it didn't know where it was going.Several other vehicles were working to help taking it down, firing nonstop at the legs. The creature was obviously made to take a lot of fire, but he was showing quite a bit of wear by now. In the meantime, Andrew's Fire Hammer was focusing more on the various other Mutant Dinosaurs running about."If I had to guess," a guy alongside the river was saying to Laxus over radio, "we've taken out maybe... maybe one-third, perhaps a half of the forces around here. At this rate, assuming we get that cyborg thing taken care of and manage to weaken Dr. Rex's control, we could have this under control by lunch.""Don't count on it," Minerva said from the back seat. "How about the forces on the other side of the river? Do they have any encampments we can take out?""Most of them are moving over to nearby buildings over here. They're trying for a foothold, but they're going to probably be wary about settling, especially after what Semick did over there.""Then I guess we just have to keep to holding out," said Laxus. "Keep a birds-eye view out, Observer, and stay alive.""Affirmative.""Hold on!" Andrew cried out, and he suddenly jerked the vehicle hard to the left to avoid getting hit by the T-Rex, now fully weakened and falling to the ground. As he came to a sliding stop, the vehicle crew managed to catch their breath as the comn went crazy again."TIIIIIMBEEEEER!""I sure wish Alpha was here. That allegedly super-super speed could come in handy.""How did he even get all that armor to cover him and let him move freely?!""HQ Turret 4 down for repairs!""Why are you swordfighting that sorcerer. Just shoot him!""Here comes another wave! Chains, Wolf, Hoxton, you're all with me!""This reminds me of a time my buddy Keith spent a week with the Adventurers.""You're not making me a handicap, lizardhead!""Ramirez, cover me!""Everyone with Dallas!""One big guy down," Catless remarked from the turret, "a dozen or two to go."------------------"All units are to change radio frequencies every fifteen minutes," Rotor was saying. "We suspect Cyrista's Bane of being able to intercept and understand our radio transmissions, so we have to protect our strategies from interception.""We're bringing several Dinos back with us to give B the time to work on a plan of his," said Kat. "I'd say we might also want to prepare ourselves for more Inferno henchman. Everyone be prepared for enemies with guns and fast vehicles of their own.""If Inferno thinks he can take you out easily, he's gravely mistaken," said Ospery over the ADO linkup. "Both we and Alpha Team, who we have word is on their way with a few surprises of their own, will be more than able to help you take out his men.""Alright, here is the plan," Dr. Cyborg was saying. "Helm and the Urban Avengers will just shoot at Cyrista's Bane. Running around it, changing course, that kind of stuff. When it shoots its tail at you, that is when Nazareno and Zelda will grab it and climb onto his back. Slice away at any skin you can find. Hertz, I want you to build a device that can discharge a car battery in a second. I will use this and stun him for a minute or two. While he is down, I will interface with the hormone injectors and relax it enough to knock it out. Alright everyone, get to work.""I caught Trigger and Snake trying to desert the field," Claw was now saying. "If no one spots them around our area by the end of it, or sees a civilian car speeding off in the opposite direction of the base, they're open for arrest. But if you see a woman riding with them, let her go. She's not involved with them. Don't arrest her. And I have Rex's backing on that, Pharisee, if you're listening."Semick listened to these transmissions with great interest as his and Pointman's T-1s returned to the main battle area. It was good to see that the rest of the team was also coordinating parts of the battle as well as he had been. It meant well if anything was to happen to any one of them. It also made him more confident when he heard some of the things on the main comn frequency."No, no, no, no! This wasn't supposed to happen!""Look out, here comes Tom!""Where's MyBot when you need him?!""Has anyone seen the Founding Members out here yet? I'd figure they'd not want to just sit through this one.""I threw three RPGs at Dr. Rex! It's just silly how much damage he's taking!""Wait, when did Reptile show up again?""Hey, listen! Aim for the joint cracks!""Guys, I think King Race is dead!""So it goes.""Where the Znap is the Renaissance!?"---------------"Like the guy on the radio says," Stranger was saying to some of the agents trying to snipe at Dr. Rex, "you have to aim at the weak points. Cracks in the armor he uses to let himself move, holes for his important facial features, his teeth. It's simple stuff, really.""You realize how much he's moving?" Scope said. "I'm not saying you're wrong, only that it's harder than it seems.""That's why it's a challenge," Stranger said with a smirk. "You rarely get this sort of activeness with deer, after all."Stranger focused once more through his laser sniper rifle. Dr. Rex was rampaging again, going after a few T-1s. As he stopped to focus his eye beams, he manage to get one eye right in his scope, and fired.The lovely beam of light his weapon's ammo produced fired straight out and hit it right in the bulls-eye. The monster groaned in a bit of pain and stumbled, and Stranger grinned."You see?" he said to the others. "That's how its done. Wait for the right moment, and BAM."Turning back to his line of fire, the western survivoir felt a chill run over him as he realized that Dr. Rex, now recovered and obviously mad again, was looking almost right at him, almost appearing to be focusing his eyesight..."DUCK!" Stranger cried out, and he shifted down flat on the floor mere seconds before he felt red-hot heat sear right over his back. Looking up, he managed to see the beam pass through several other windows on the sniping floor. Dr. Rex must've been sweeping the floor in an attempt to get rid of him and the other snipers.Luckily, when this Dino Attack HQ had been built by BLU, the engineers had designed the facade with the most intense T-Rex eye beams in mind, so there was nothing to worry about in terms of structural integrity. Only the fires that sparked up when the beams torched the various crates in their line of sight. As Dr. Rex stopped his eye-sault, several agents were already making a run for the fire extinguishers.He could hear Shotgun breath out a large sigh of relief. "Do NOT do that again, Stranger," he said."I got it, I got it." Stranger got up, readjusted his hat, and grabbed his rifle bag and ammo bag. "i won't try it here again, but I don't think I'm done with that trick yet."And before anything else could be said of the matter, Stranger headed for the stairs.

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

IC: "Most of them are moving over to nearby buildings over here. They're trying for a foothold, but they're going to probably be wary about settling, especially after what Semick did over there.""That sounds like something we can take care of," Elizabeth said. "What do you guys think?""Aye," Demoman shouted. "Let's go give those guys a-"Demoman's sentence was cut off as he started to snore loudly."I think we can do it," replied Elizabeth. "With my sword, your guns, their demolitions, and her flamethrower, we can take out the ground forces easily. Now which button here was the radio."Elizabeth attempted to turn a few dials for a moment before speaking, "You just point us in the right direction and we'll take care of the ground forces."

IC:Reptile acknowledged Semick's departure from headquarters defense, and turned all his attention to securing the HQ.So far the attacks had only begun to touch HQ itself. Pterosaurs had continued to menace them, but the radar cannon weaponry he had designed in the comm center was continuing to prove effective. And T-Rexes and Raptors on the ground who had tried to get too close to them had been taken out from the air.But that didn't mean they could ignore HQ. Dr. Rex had moved a large Dino army into the subway system and compromised their forward position, which meant that he could have more armies in the subway system, or using far more outlandish methods of moving about, waiting to strike. If he ordered everything that was focused on defending HQ intercept these new arrivalsReptile briefly considered if they could secure the subways somehow. Obviously they were stretched far too thinly to push agents into the subways, but if any of the automated systems still worked he might be able to...His thoughts were abruptly cut off as a small group of T-Rexes charged straight at Headquarters. They trampled over a few Urban Avengers on patrol below and fired their laser vision at an Iron Predator."Fire!" Reptile ordered, and three T-1s (including his own) fired their sonic weaponry, knocking out the T-Rexes.And that was that. But it alarmed him that they had been able to get so close to HQ in the first place... he checked the battle map on his computer screen.Reptile frowned. "Tail, you're more of a soldier than I am. What do you make of this data?" he said. Tail, checking the battle map on his own computer, hesitated before answering."I'd say... ever so subtly, defenses are being drawn away from key inner positions. That's how raiding parties of Dinos, like that bunch of T-Rexes, are able to get closer than they should be, overcoming the limited defenses we've left in their path.""I thought the same," Reptile agreed. "To me, that suggests that once most of the Iron Predators are in the field and the T-1s redeployed closer to the river, and the Urban Avengers we've left on patrol have been taken out... they'll make a big push straight through here and into Headquarters.""But what about the automated turret systems? There's a pretty nice amount of automated weaponry being set up in the HQ," Tail said. "Surely those would hold the Dinos long enough for T-1s and Iron Predators to get back here," he objected. "Even if they try it, we'll probably win the day anyway.""Unless XERRD have infiltrated Dino Attack- something we know they've done before- and have agents waiting to deactivate the defenses," Coral muttered grimly."Either way, I'm not sure what we can do about it. I could order more agents to hang back on base defense, but they're badly needed out there," Reptile said, frowning."And, if we turtle and reinforce the defenses, Dr. Rex might change his plan to be something else we can't predict," Tail added."Right..." Reptile trailed off. And suddenly the uncertainty in his tone was replaced with command. "So this is what we're going to do. We're going to hold position, and continue to organize defenses. Tail, Coral, I'm going to be working on a few... extra surprises should the Dinos make a big push this way. In the mean time, keep us alive and attack anything that comes too close to base."With that Reptile set to work yet again in the makeshift laboratory in the back of their T-1. Maybe he couldn't seal off the subway system, but there was something else that he just might be able to make work.OOC:So yeah, basically Reptile is continuing to organize defenses- which will be my excuse for not posting as often as I probably should.Feel free to write him into your posts doing just that, providing (more) air support for battles near HQ.

current_events_sigbanner.png

IC:Commander Holly Vinyaya fought in the battle at the control of an Iron Predator. With Dr. Rex using a decoy and leading in more Mutant Dinos into the battle from the subway station, she had taken command of a group of three Iron Predators to head off the swarms of lizards and raptors. She would occasionally glance up to the armored behemoth that was Dr. Rex, contemplating ways on how to take him down.Everything is being fired at him and he's hardly flinching. Vinyaya thought angrily. Those tiny chinks in his armor barely helps when using conventional fire. The only real idea she had at the moment was to use some of the team's Green Goo and knock out Dr. Rex, where they could deal with him some what easier.A Mutant Raptor snapped angrily at her as she drove the Iron Predator. "Butler!" Vinyaya snapped to the bald, hulking man controlling the Z-1 Kinetic Launcher. "Get rid of it!" He nodded once and turned his weapon, sending the raptor sprawling. Above her was another large, broad-shouldered man named Shacklebolt who was wiping out large groups of Mutant Dinos with the Cyrothermic Cannon.Vinyaya was paying close attention to the radio conversations. While a lot of it was chatter between comrades (some had decided to layer their chatter with pop culture references, as she soon noticed), she was picking up important pieces of information. She could clearly see the cyborg Mutant T-Rex-thing apparently called Cyrista's Bane causing trouble at the front lines. The Agents had arrived and the Alpha Team was on the way. Dr. Inferno's forces were finally entering the battle after a long hiatus between the battle on LEGO Island and now, and Zachary Virchaus had disappeared after he and Minerva Fabello had confronted a mysterious assailant.Vinyaya found herself just somewhat shaken with Virchaus's disappearance. She knew from the moment that Specs announced this battle that anything could happen and anyone could die. Even if she found him somewhat annoying, she found it almost cruel that after the MegaBlokLand the man went through on Adventurers' Island, he had suddenly been taken out so early in the battle.She wondered faintly who of the many people she had met and bonded with in the past week would die. Logan Zekria and Julius Kelp had already passed. Who was to say that other close friends wouldn't die? Fabello, Zelda, Nazareno, Andrew, Laxus, Bluetooth-She paused. Bluetooth? Strange that his name popped into her head. The only time they had spoken was about that invasion force out in space moving toward Earth and when he was trying to free Rotor and Pilot from their cells after French Fries' kangaroo court. He had also aided Andrew, Laxus, and Minerva in helping get Vinyaya to safety after being knocked out by Virchaus during the Mutant Dino ambush. In reality, she hardly knew the man. The only real connection felt she felt with him was that they both operated in the space on a normal basis.Vinyaya sighed. A shame I did not get to know him. We might have connected in some way. She allowed herself a faint grin as she remembered how visible nervous Bluetooth had been first speaking with him. Regardless, she wished for his survival in addition to the other Minifigs that she had met.She shook her head as if to clear her mind. Stop being so emotional. There's a battle to win.

IC: Elizabeth brought the Iron Predator to a stop in a small alley close to the river. She could see various minifigs moving through the river. They were mostly armed, and travelling in small groups in boats. A camp could just be seen in the distance beyond it, at least that's what it looked like through her telescope."What are they doing here?" Firecracker asked."Probably just a precaution," Elizabeth said. "Just a little bit more of an advantage, as if dinosaurs weren't enough.""Well then," Maria said. "I say we go an' take 'em all out before they get their act together."OOC: I'm thinking I read some Inferno henchmen being present or some form of minfigure army.

OoC:ERMEHGERD ERM BERK TO PERSTSilliness aside I think a supper battle of badman characters would be really entertaining. It's something we should plain once this is all over.iC:Hertz had all monitors directed at Cyrista’s Bane. The abomination stalked threw the wet pavement as lightning flashed overhead. He was unable to get a clear vantage point of the monstrosity aside from satellite images and from security cameras placed along the base but based on feedback form the agents attacking he was able to get a clear idea of the proceedings.“Hertz,” Doctor Cyborg was saying. “ I want you to build a device that can discharge a car battery in a second. I will use this and stun him for a minute or two. While he is down, I will interface with the hormone injectors and relax it enough to knock it out. Alright everyone, get to work."The radio operator shook his head and held the speaker to his mouth. “Can’t do Cyborg I’m not an inventor but I do have a few trick and code I can use to slow it down. By the way what are you operating on? It’s not you radio.”“What codes?” whispered Shannon. “You never told me any codes.”Hertz held his hand over the mouthpiece and addressed his colleague. “I’m thinking of them as I go. give me a chance.”His aid rolled her eyes as she turned back tothe Liner Jamming Matrix. The devise was armed and she waited to activate it on Hertz’s order.“Based on the scans I’m getting Cyrista’s Bane is 42% metallic.” Said Hertz into his headset “It’s basically a normal T-Rex with a few extra tricks. It’s just as dumb as the rest of the brutes so we can cut of its signal and isolate it from its director.”“Hertz No!” said Cybrog. “It can lessen in to your transmissions! It’s intercepting nearby transitions so I’m using a recalibrated CR!” “I have a secure network set up.” Responded Hertz. “I’ve been doing this for a long time so I know how to have a privet conversation. However all agents are using a different frequency now so I have not every one is in contact. Once we have a chance put them back on the same channel ASP. Regardless I’m on the opposite end of the base so we’re not in danger from Cyrsita’s Bane for the time being.”He rolled his chair over to the foosball table where he had a radio dish set up. It felt strange being an omnipotent present on the battlefield. The experience felt surreal and it felt strange sending out commands in his comfortable chair well others died in the rain. He almost felt guilty. I don’t deserve this, He thought,“I’m going to triangulate the source of the signal being used my the beastie. If a keeper is directing it we can find him and cut it off. If not, I can figure out what wavelength it’s operating on and send some painful noises to distract it.”The gruff voice of elite agent Rotor was suddenly heard it Hertz’s ear. “Be advised to alter your frequency. We’re changing ours every fifteen minutes.”He acknowledged. Rotor must not have heard what he had just said to Cybrog. That was the problem with on consistent alterations “If your changing frequency you won’t be in contact with the rest of your team. Be patent and I’ll fix that.”The visual representation on the TV showed all the signals moving in the given aria. All the frequencies of the agents appeared to changing every fifteen minutes just as Cyrista’s Bane locked on.“It operates on of interception principal.” Announced Hertz. “Roughly 40% present of its knowledge it being picked up and based on wave transitions. I have the ability to blind it to all incoming information and severely weaken it’s perception of it’s surroundings. Once it’s done it will just be another really big T-Rex with robotic arms.”“What’s the catch?” asked Cabin. “Sounds a little to good to be true.” The radio operator frowned. “The operating system I’ll use is rather…apparent…once I initiate the jamming sequence my location will be relatively simple to pick up. If they have a good wave specialist they could send a team to kill us and turn of the jammer in a matter of minutes.”“Is it worth it?” asked Rotor.“As long as no one interferes I can keep the system running indefinitely and rob Dr. Rex’s and Dr. Inferno’s men of all communication with each other via radio.” Responded Hertz. “There’s enough agents still in the base that we can put up a fight if the time comes.”“Do it.” Said Dr. Cyborg “just make sure too…”Hertz frowned and fiddled with his headset. Cyborg’s call had suddenly cut off and for a moment all waves in the vicinity of Cyrista’s Bane went dead. After a second everything came back on line and he regained his visuals.“That’s weird.” Muttered Hertz. He turned to Shannon. “Pull the switch.”Elite agent Shannon Gromtin nodded and activated the LJM.* * * Cyrista’s Bane let out a ferrous roar and cut of the broadcasts of all agents in the vicinity. It rather enjoyed the trick and it was happy to make it’s pray struggle in confutation. It focused its attention on a sword welding agent on a Steel sprinter. He was saying something into his radio and Cyrista’s Bane was able to focus on the transition like bloodhound. Waves were like a sixth sense to the Cybrog and it could easily track the source of any signal in the areaSuddenly I high pitched whale shot threw it’s brain and it’s tracking system died. Cyrista’s Bane roared in frustration as it tried to locate a signal but it was now deaf to the world. With no source of direction, the monstrosity found it near impossible to locate agents in the rain.The abomination missed its signals. It liked being able to eavesdrop on agents as they tried in vain to kill it. Regardless it would endure. If it could not use its radio no one could.I let out a long roar of frustration.* * *The XERRD Scientist looked at his radio in frustration. All he was getting was static and he had no means to contact his men. Everywhere across the battlefield Infero Helicopters and Jets lost formation and agents on the ground stopped to investigate their radio malfuntion.The Scientist looked across the river to spot a familiar Henchman pounding his head set in annoyance.“Spy Clops!” barked the Scientist. “Get over here.”The spider legged cyberg on the other side of the river shrugged and kept pounding his headset. “I can’t hear you!” he called “My radio’s not working!”“Just get over here!” yelled the Scientist.Spy Clops continued to look into his radio with a perplexed expression. He glanced back at the Scientist in confutation.“I’m not talking into my znaping radio just get over here!” He tossed his radio into the river and began cursing at Spy Clops. The Cybrog shrugged and scuttle across the radio to join the XERRD agent.“We’ve just been jammed.” Yelled the Scientist over the storm. “We’re loosing control of our forces. Isolate the signal and stop it before we descend into chaos.Spy Clobs nodded. “I might be hard to do without radios but I can handle it. I’ll send a team of Pterosaurs and Helicopters once it’s isolated.”“Good.” said the scientist. “But make it quick. A few minutes of confusion is all they need.”OoC:I'll get to the drama taking place between Pharisee's group as soon as I can. Just don't take Trigger far from the bar for the time being and hopefully we can get an epic confrontation between the two in the near future.

Edited by that guy from that show

That is all

OoC:ERMEHGERD ERM BERK TO PERSTSilliness aside I think a supper battle of badman characters would be really entertaining. It's something we should plain once this is all over.
OOC: I guess so. I personally like the idea of Epic Rap Battles but some kind of super brawl would be interesting. I'll post an IC later once I'm sure of what I'm doing. I sort of have an idea for what to do with the Third Headquarters Squad, but I'll need some information on the minifig enemies in the area first. I got the impression that there were Inferno agents just starting to travel over the river but I could be wrong.

IC:Cyrista's Bane had recorded a general location where the jamming occurred. I'll try a reboot, the voice in his head said. You tell Pterosaurs to try to destroy the system. He roared orders to a pair of the dumber Mutant Pterosaurs to go there, and report what they found. They did so, and came back. The tall-red-tan building is where it came from, the home-well-defended of the hunt-kill-dino-team. Then destroy the antennas! Cyrista's Bane ordered. They flew off, executing a kamikaze maneuver on the big dish they had been told to incapacitate.The squealing stopped suddenly. Reboot complete, the voice said, tracking and interception systems online. Cyrista's Bane was glad he would not have to rely on unreliable infrared to find enemies. He started to attack the agents circling him.--------------------------------Dr. Cyborg heard the squealing over the radio stop. That must mean Hertz's jamming system has been broken. He watched as the cyborg T-Rex continued attacking. He shot his tail at the Fire Hammer driven by Helm. "Nazareno, Zelda, X1, go!" Dr. Cyborg yelled. They complied, and scampered up the tail to his back, slicing at the joints. Part of the genetic augmentations was toughened skin, Dr. Cyborg remembered as he saw their swords making no cuts. Cyrista's Bane roared as he tried to shake them off. Dr. Cyborg got an idea. He connected his custom Sonic Screamer to the Titanium Predator's power generator, overcharging it. He took aim, and fired it at Cyrista's Bane's natural eye. It hit his nervous system, paralyzing him for a minute or two.Dr. Cyborg hopped off the Titanium Predator, sticking the landing. He ran up to Cyrista's Bane, split his hands into wires and connected to him. Nazareno stood by, expecting him to say, "All clear!" any minute now. It never came. Instead, he heard him say, "That 4+ Figure!" This surprised Nazareno, as he had never heard Dr. Cyborg curse, even once."Everybody back away, now!" Dr. Cyborg yelled, running towards the group. "Why?" Zelda asked."Run, and I'll tell you!" As the group backed away, starting up the vehicles, Dr. Cyborg explained why they had to run."One small experiment I did in my free time with XERRD was the viability an AI using a human brain as a computer. We use so little of out brain space, there is more that enough computing power to house an AI. As long as there is an electronic way into the brain, it can live inside of minifigs. When I left XERRD, I encrypted my files with an eternity code, intending to decrypt and reclaim them after the war. However, it appears Dr. Rex decrypted them and used them. Long story short, there is an AI living inside of Cyrista's Bane. That explains it being able to understand radio transmissions. It also explains part of its abnormal intelligence. But most importantly, the AI keeps me from injecting it with relaxation hormones. I can't shut it down! Everybody, run!" He said the last part as Cyrista's Bane got up, and continued attacking the group. He called a winch down from the Titanium Predator and rode it back up to the Predator. He started running simulations of how to defeat it, with no brainwaves coming to mind.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

Ic:"Hertz!" Yelled Shannon. "Pterosaurs just knocked off our external signal dish! We lost our signal!""Transfer the matrix to an internal source." ordered Hertz. "The jammer is still working but we have nowhere to broadcast it from. The range will be smaller but it will be more secure."Shannon whelled over her chair to one of the dishes in the center of the room. Soon Hertz saw the LJM was back on line."Looks like there radios are deft and dumb again!" Announced the elite agent. "I just need to isolate Cyrista's Bane again before I can reinstate it again."OocSort post because I'm on my phone

That is all

OOC:I appreciate the trouble you are going through to handicap Cyrista's Bane, but all jamming the radio does is make him unable to eavesdrop. Just letting you know because it seems like you think he relies on radio for a lot more.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!