Dino Attack: At War's End

PeabodySam

OOC:I recently saw the 2002 Spiderman and Spiderman 2. French Fries reminds me of J. Jonah Jameson.
OOC: Interesting parallel, seeing as he was actually inspired by General Melchett from Blackadder.Anyway, I wanted to write some of this other stuff earlier, but my computer was acting up so I didn't have much time. Now that I've allowed you all to release your anger that you've no doubt built up after everything that happened, I can focus on some of the character development I had been meaning to do.IC: Maria quietly hummed a soft tune to herself as she stroked her brush alongside Pyro, who was sitting in a small bathtub."You never struck me as the kind of person who would be willing to do this," Pyro remarked. "You seemed something of a feminist to me.""Feminist?" Maria asked."Yeah," replied Pyro. "It's a term used outside of extremely sexist communities for people who support equal rights for women and believe they are capable of doing the same things as men.""Like playin' with fire?""Yeah," Pyro replied with a slight chuckle."Look," replied Maria. "Just because I like doing the same thins' as men don't mean I won't do this kind of thing. I got the skills for them, I might as well put them to use. I just don't like bein' forced into it by social customs based soley on ma' gender is all."Pyro smiled."You got family?" Maria asked."I did," replied Pyro. "I had somebody once?""Did 'e have a name?""Sam," replied Pyro. "Nice person. We adopted a few kids even, but they all died when the house burned down. And you?""Just ma' daddy," replied Maria. "I never could find a good husband. He were the one that taught me to use a gun. Is that how you got hold of your flamethrower?"Pyro couldn't help laughing. "Yes," she replied sarcastically. "My dad taught me how to use one when I was eight."Maria could not help smiling as she slowly reached into the tub and took Pyro's hand.

Sarah Bishop sat down on the couch where her daughter was sitting. Whatever happened she was clearly distressed, even if seeing Pierce again had cheered her up somewhat. The awkward situation of Sarah having beaten two people with the butt of a gun right in front of her certainly did not help much."Look," Sarah said. "Is something wrong?""Why did you come here?" Kate asked."Because I was worried about you," replied Sarah, putting an arm around Kate's shoulder."Look, mom," replied Kate. "I understand you are concerned, but I'm eighteen, I can look after myself.""Under any other circumstances yes," replied Sarah. "But in the middle of this Dino Attack. Kate when Pierce told me all about that Rotor-""Pierce told you that?" Kate asked."Yeah," replied Sarah. "We met in Antarctica.""And you came back together?""Yes.""What are you not telling me, mom?" Kate asked.Sarah sighed."You knew Pierce, didn't you?" Kate asked. "I mean before the war."Sarah took a moment to breath. She took a deep breath before holding Kate's hand. "He's your father," she finally said."Pierce?" "Yes," replied Sarah. "We met in a hospital. Some drunk driver knocked me off the road and he fixed me up. We got to know each other well, and then I got out. Four months later I found out I was pregnant with a girl.""And why did you never tell me about Uncle Wally?" Kate asked. "You told me he died in a car accident. Why didn't you tell me he was still alive.""It was complicated," replied Sarah. "But how do you know?""I met someone on Adventurers' Island," replied Kate, her eyes starting to puff with tears. "Frank Einstein. He said... Wallace Bishop cut out his own brain. He's now in an institution somewhere.""Frank Einstein?" Sarah asked."Yeah," replied Kate. "He said that Wallace then sent him a request to protect you, both of us.""That would explain a lot of things," replied Sarah. "He must have been the one who kept giving me money for your education, the money we would have used to pay your college tuition."Kate was already crying heavily. "Why did you lie to me?" She asked."You wouldn't have understood," replied Sarah. "After Wallace's lab partner died he just wasn't the same anymore. The pain was too much for him. When news of his attempts to pull out his brains got out there was a giant controversy, police inquiries almost daily, and you were only six. I didn't want you caught up in something you didn't understand."Kate could not help continuing to cry, and slowly she crawled into her mother's lap. Quietly, Sarah put an arm around Kate, and held her tightly.

"Look," Montoya said. "Like it or not, she has changed. It's been eight years since that heist. It's not impossible.""You're really that gullible Montoya?" Trigger said. "All she's doing is setting you up, just like she did then.""You don't know that," replied Montoya. "Alright," replied Trigger. "Let's say for the sake of argument you're right. It's still znapping business. In twenty znapping years nobody has double crossed me and lived- except her. This isn't personal stuff we're talking about, this is business. She is a menace to this world and we have no znapping choice but to kill her.""It's just business?" Montoya asked. "You mean this has nothing to do with those who died.""I don't give a znap about everybody who died that night. I can't even remember their znapping names.""Orange, Deniro, Verbal, Keaton, and Scorsese," replied Montoya. "I remember them. I remember everything, their faces, their mannerisms.""Why do you care?" Trigger asked. "You didn't even see them megablocking die. You just sat in the car while Keaton got stabbed in the znapping back!"

Leaving Elizabeth to look through the files on Silencia Venemosa, Pierce adjusted his labcoat as he walked back toward the other doctors. Due to lack of a proper morgue, the bodies of the Second Headquarters Squad were still lying on cots in the back, covered by sheets. Crusher was helping a familiar face out of bed.Pierce was rather pleasantly surprised to see Cabin sitting up. "How's she doing?" Pierce asked."So far so good," replied Crusher. Pierce turned toward Cabin. "Feeling any better?""A little," replied Cabin. "I got this terrible pain in my head and I think I need to use the toilet.""I'll take care of it," replied Crusher. "I should probably give her a change of clothes."Pierce could see what she meant, Cabin's usual jumpsuit seemed very sweaty, and stained in certain areas.

OOC: Sorry, that guy, I might have to break your pattern. I don't have asperger's, just a history of low self-esteem that has mostly given way to a simple lack of interest and motivation :P And Hotwire, while he and I do share a few traits, was never really based on me anyway.All these romantic plot tumours look like fun, though...

And at last, Loop's death. I want to call him a Complete Monster, but last bit about wanting his own freedom saved him from that title.
If that's the case then all the references I've made over the course of the RPG to his obsession with autonomy have had their intended effect. My hope was to portray Loop as, perhaps, a 95% Complete Monster. Writing him was boatloads of fun for me but it was just time for him to go. I may just miss the wretch.Lastly, could we possibly start to resolve the Trigger situation? I want to write Shiller and Wright again, plus I'd love to see how Trigger reacts when he learns that Amanda wasn't the mole.EDIT: Second time today you've ninja'd me, Atton. You may have a skill. I've now added to the end of my IC in light of your post.IC: For the second time in forty-eight hours, Hotwire woke up in an infirmary. It wasn't quite as bad as the last time, though the phantom pains in his left leg were coming at him in constant waves now. He opened his eyes and saw two figures sitting by his bed. The first was Helm, and the second was a DA agent whose face was completely hidden under a ski mask and a pair of dark goggles."Holding up okay?" the masked figure asked.Hotwire sat up. The voice was Septimus's, but the diction... "Swerve," he said. "Loop was telling the truth?"Swerve nodded. "Ambushed me after that rockslide. Too bad for him all his tampering with the Orb damaged it enough for me to break away and get my own mind back." He paused. "Still, I'm glad you made it out. What about Talon and Spectrum?"Hotwire swallowed hard. "Spectrum apparently got killed in the battle at the power station a few months back. Sarah...didn't even make it out of the mountains...""Builder, I'm sorry," Swerve said, slightly awkwardly. "So then, your T-1..."Hotwire nodded. "I try not to think about it much. Where's Loop now?""Dead," Swerve replied simply. "It was a long time coming."Helm spoke up to change the subject. "The medics are all having a spot of trouble figuring out what to do with Katerina. All the tests they ran showed no higher brain functions, but she doesn't need any life support. It would be wrong to euthanize her but it seems to be completely impossible to wake her up." He glanced over to the next bed, where Katerina appeared for all the world to be peacefully sleeping.Hotwire looked over. He sighed, unsure what to think of the situation. Then he remembered his last conversation with Helm. "Say, did you find your son?"The mariner stiffened. "In a way," he said, after a few moments' pause. "I've...been told you knew Jason. That he fought alongside you on Adventurers' Island." He paused, gathering strength. "He joined the team under the codename Tracer."------------------------Having heard a few snippets of their conversation, Wright strolled over to where Trigger and Montoya were quietly arguing. "You might be interested to hear," she said to Trigger, "that they've caught the mole...and it wasn't Agent Claw. Bit of a hole in your case now, just sayin'." Edited by Jackson Lake

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

Specking of that I have acquired the parts to make minifigs of Pharisee, Solomon, and Katerina. I would rather do a big group of figs so if anyone has any requests now is the time to place them. I’ll try and build a bunch and upload a few latter this month.
OOC: A group photo of some kind would be interesting. I'd be willing to see a few of my characters in that. Now, I have tried to give descriptions whenever possible, but for the sake of simplicity, since many of them drew inspiration from other characters I've often imagined them looking similar, so I'll just post some reference pics in case you want to use any of my characters.

If there's anyone else you want, let me know. I'll post an IC later once I get some ideas.

IC:"Alright," Andrew said, still clearly shocked at Rex's actions. "Let's get him out of here." Everyone nodded and began to file pass Rex and Claw, Pterisa making sure to keep the battered French Fries as far away from Rex as she could."Mother of Knudstorp," Zelda muttered, glancing back at Rex. "What was that about?""Who's Trouble?" Minerva asked."A Mutant Lizard that Rex trained early in the war," Andrew said. "He disappeared a long time ago.""Which makes you wonder how exactly French Fries knew he hit Trouble, as darkness-breed Mutant Lizards all look basically the same." Zach said, rolling his eyes. "What a moron." He heard French Fries groan in fatigued anger."I'm not sure the outburst was necessary," Nazareno interjected. "Even if the target is a hopeless fool. Hopefully it was an isolated incident and it won't happen again."Everyone nodded. They all knew Rex was seen as a leader. If he were to have another breakdown, one much larger that left him incapable of fighting, it would be a crushing blow to morale.They soon arrived at the detention block. They walked past the cells of Demoman and, after much looking, a disgruntled looking Carl Lutsky who was quietly muttering to himself. Whoa. Was all Zach could think as he looked at the former commander.The group quickly found an empty cell and Pterisa threw French Fries in. As they locked the door, Laxus spoke up, "Since you can pardon agents, Andrew, you should probably go and free Rotor and Pilot.""Sounds like a good idea," Andrew said in agreement. A quick search led them to a cell where Commander Vinyaya and Bluetooth were speaking."-know French Fries is a fool and Rotor and Pilot don't belong in there," Vinyaya said calmly. "Unfortunately, neither you or me have the authority to release him." She stopped as she saw Andrew, Laxus, Minerva, Zelda, Zach, Pterisa, and Nazareno approached them. "Yes?""I would like Rotor and Pilot released," Andrew stated simply. Bluetooth turned around and grinned at the group."Excellent timing, Andrew." He turned back to Vinyaya, who revealed a half-smile as went to find some keys to open Rotor and Pilot's cell. "Glad to see you guys are still alive." Zach smiled. It was nice to see Bluetooth again. They would have to catch up at some point.Vinyaya soon returned with a ring of keys in her hand. She handed it to Andrew. "You may do the honors." As Andrew went to unlock the door, Zach stepped back to talk with Minerva."You know," Minerva said. "This team has a lot of corrupt individuals who think they can do whatever they want without facing consequences."Zach nodded. "I've only met two. The incompetent French Fries over there and Scratch. Though I suppose you could justify Scratch's case in someway-""Virchaus," Vinyaya said with a hint of malice in her voice as she approached him. "May I speak to you?" She glanced at Minerva briefly. "Privately?""I-sure, I guess." Vinyaya nodded curtly and gestured for him to follow her. Zach glanced at Minerva uncertainly."You'll be fine. Unless you did something wrong. Then you won't be fine," Minerva said."Thanks," Zach responded sarcastically as he began to follow Vinyaya.

IC: George looked up from the small cot as Andrew suddenly approached their cell."I suppose French Fries was too eager to wait until Dawn to see us shot.""Oh no sir," replied Andrew. "Quite the opposite, your executions have been cancelled.""Well," replied George. "Better this than a last minute reprieve I might say.""You're free to go," replied Andrew. "We've uh.. taken care of French Fries."

Montoya gave Trigger a strange look upon hearing the news. He seemed caught in a tight corner, trying to find a way out.

iC:There has always been a fine line between bravery and stupidity. The determined, but otherwise clueless look in elite agent French Fries eyes was enough to inform the assembled agents that the agent was a complete and utter moron.It was common for fools to see themselves as among the wisest. The case was no different with French Fries who paraded himself back and forth across his cell with considerable bravado. He indignantly whipped the blood from his prized mustache with a spotless white handkerchief.French Fries had amassed a considerable following over the last few hours. Elite agents Andrew and Rex were currently in control of the situation and they not far from jail cell when the imposing figure of commander Pharisee arrived.The commander noticed a considerable presence of agents from the mess hail. From what he could deduct they all had come in hopes of blood and that is exactly what they received.Pharisee removed his sunglasses to pear at the stains on Rex’s uniform. It did not take a genius to determine that the elite agent was the reason for Fench Fries current injuries. Rex himself sat erect and indignant in his hover chair. The commander knew that Rex had already unleashed his own judgment on French Fies and the cold light that shown in the agent’s eyes told him that Rex felt no regret.Andrew stepped up and held out a hand. “Commander Pharisee, I don’t believe we have met. I’m elite agent Andrew and I believe the situation is under control.”Pharisee looked down his noose at the young agent. He stood a head taller then him and addressed him in his deep bass voice. “I don’t believe you do. You and Rex have created a lynch mob. You’re colleague has already unleashed his own wrath upon agent French Fries which was not his place to do. Once my reckoning is delivered I assure you that Rex too will be investigated. He has already attacked me once and his behavior has proven to be considerably dangerous.”Rex prepared to say something to Pharisee but Nazerano interjected. “Elite agent Rex is struggling with his own turmoil’s at the moment. We who were present can agree that he was emotional compromised when he attacked French fries. Andrew is in control of the situation.”“No he is not.” Said Pharisee. “It is not your place to dictate judgment. These events lead only to greater violence. It is my job to punish the unrighteous man. I alone must live with this burden.”“Are you going to arrest French Fries?” asked Minerva“Yes.” Responded Pharisee. “He ordered the assault of another agent, a sin no greaterthen that of agent Rex. Once he is behind bars, elite agent Rex may soon join him.”“You can’t do that!” yelled Laxus. “Elite agent Rex is a hero. We will all vouch for that!”“A hero is held to the same code that binds us all!” shoot back Pharisee. “No one is above the law. Internal Affairs exists to insure that the D.A. operates with grace. Because we are a separate entity we operate outside the hierarchy of the elite agents. I am prepared to arrest or kill anyone who goes against the code of conduct.”“Seems like your department has to much power.” Accused Minerva. “Who are you to be the judge?”“I know first hand the difference between right and wrong.” Said Pharisee sharply. “Do not question my integrity! I pay onto evildoers that which they deserve.”

French Fries sat in his cell accompanied by the loyal figure of Darling standing outside the bars. The elite agent’s eyes were still swollen shut but he had refused any offers to be visited by a doctor. Instead he was content to eat pizza rolls well the other agents outside watched.“French Fries.” Muttered Darling cautiously. “We should make these agents leave. You’re not very popular right now and I don’t want anyone to get hurt.”“Pish posh!” exclaimed French Fries. “We’re getting the recognition we deserve. It’s a shame that freakish thing was not killed or we’d be getting more attention.”“But not in a good way.” Whispered Darling. “You made these people very angry. They want your head.”“Impossible.” Said French Fries. “We are being stared at because I am revered. I have brought the D.A to new heights today. I imagine I’ll be promoted to founding member for my actions.”“I don’t think it works that way.” Muttered DarlingFrench Fries was about to respond when Darling’s head was suddenly slammed into cell dour by a hulking form standing behind them. French Fries looked with distain at the shadow of Pharisee.“Was that necessary?” he asked. “Darling was about to complement me.”“Elite agent French Fries.” Said Pharisee in a voice that everyone could here. “You are were under arrest on charges of incompetence, leaking information, and attempted murder of the hybrid Pterisa.”French Fries shook a finger under Pharisee’s noise as he let himself into the cell and closed the dour behind him. “No. I should certainly not be in here. I should not have not have been arrested I…”His sentence was cut short as Pharisee lifted him from his seat and threw his across the room. The man’s body slammed into a cell wall where he collapsedPharisee strolled over slowly to the man lay. French Frie’s eye lit up with a new found terror as the commander stood above him.“I am you reckoning French Fries.” Said Pharisee softly as he cracked his knuckles. “I am the man that will make you pay for your crimes. You are a imbecile and a fool and you will soon receive that which you deserve.”“Who are you.” Whispered French Fries threw his bloody lips.The commander knelt down by the elite agent on the cell floor“The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities and the tyranny of the evil man.” Said the commander smoothly. He rose from his position beside French Fries and raised his voice so everyone could hear.“Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, Shepherds the week though the valley of darkness.”The whites of his eyes flashed at the lunatic on the floor and French Fries yelped in fear. “For he is truly his brothers keeper.” Boomed Pharisee as he drew is gun and took aim. “And the finder of Lost children!”French Fries whimpered as he looked down the barrel of Pharisee’s gun. The dark elegance of the commander was offsetting and the fire that burned in his eyes seemed to reach into small man’s soul.“And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to destroy my brothers!” Yelled the commander. “And you will know my name is Pharisee when I lay my vengeance upon thee!”In sudden surge of fury Pharisee descended on the unfortunate man. He brought his gun down upon his head and pelted him with his fists with incredible tenacity. French Fries screamed as he was lifted from the floor and slammed into the wall.Pharisee unleashed two more visous punches to the face before he crimpaled to the floor and lay still.The commander regained his composure and holstered his gun. He stood coolly above the man, the only evidence of the attack that shown on his figure were his bloody hands.“Let that be a lessen to the unlookers.” Said Pharisee softly. "I am to be torment in the hearts of the unrightous." He exclamed. "An image of fear in the eyes of those who have wronged. I will hunt the nightmares of the wicked. No more will the D.A suffer under the weight of the amoral for I am to be judgment upon thee. I pay retribution where retribution is due. The good men have nothing to fear from me but for those who have sinned, their time of assurance is at an end. Casually he unlocked the cell dour and left French Fries where his motionless body lay . The onlookers parted to let him pass.OoC:I know Atton said that what happens to French Fries is up to us. Regardless I left his fate ambiguous so I’ll let him decide weather he's dead or aliveI also did not identify any of the onlookers. Any of your characters are welcome to be present.Pharisee is also going to hold interviews for internal affairs agents. It seems with all the inter turmoil going on his department is incredibly understaffed If anyone wants to be a part of that let him know.Kudos to whoever gets the movie reference.

Edited by that guy from that show

That is all

OOC: That guy, your post was a little confusing to read. Brikman and Atton's posts established that French Fries was already put in a jail cell in the holding area by Andrew, Laxus, Pterisa, Zach, Minerva, and Nazareno, and that Rex and Amanda had already left the scene. Rotor and George were also recently freed.

Edited by Andrewnuva199

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

OoC:That was not my interpretation. French Fries may have been on his way to the jail but that was not where the confronation with Rex took place. I read the post a few times and there is no mention of the attack occuring in the detention block. I was leas to belive it was in a hallway. Rex ordered that he be taken out of his sight and that is the last we saw of him. I do not belive he appered in Brikman's last post

That is all

OOC:

The group quickly found an empty cell and Pterisa threw French Fries in.
That was in my last IC

OoC:That was not my interpretation. French Fries may have been on his way to the jail but that was not where the confronation with Rex took place. I read the post a few times and there is no mention of the attack occuring in the detention block. I was leas to belive it was in a hallway. Rex ordered that he be taken out of his sight and that is the last we saw of him. I do not belive he appered in Brikman's last post
OOC: No, what I mean is that in the events of Brikman's latest IC post (shown here) , after Rex's beatdown on French Fries (which I do agree wasn't in the detention block, more like a hallway on the way there), he was taken to the detention block and thrown in a jail cell. Andrew and co. then went and freed Rotor and George, also shown in Atton's most recent post.Your IC seems to have him walking free (when he was caught in a griplock by Pterisa at the end of PeabodySam's IC, mind you) still around the general area of PeabodySam's IC. I'm just saying it doesn't match up with the most recent posts.

OOC:Well, Dr. Cyborg and the Infiltrators have acted as unofficial I.A. with Lutsky, so I guess they will be part of it, if you don't mind.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

OOC:I can't think of an IC right now, just say they're in, if I want to, I can post a flashback.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC: Thanks for all the responses to the Dino Attack Headquarters! I knew you guys would love it!I'm glad to see that Pharisee (and, by extension, that guy from that show) understood that Rex's beatdown of French Fries, while immensely satisfying, was not a good thing and should not be praised. Although, I have to admit that I was surprised that Pharisee then turned around and gave French Fries a beatdown of his own with completely different motivations.

It’s interesting that Frozeen has Aspherger’s I always saw Hertz as having it two, the difference is that he is far less self aware. Hertz is based a lot on myself. I would not be surprised if all of us on this RPG have Aspherger’s people like us seem to find each other.
Interesting. As I said earlier, when trying to explain why Frozeen never had a girlfriend, I decided it was best to write Frozeen as something that I know (after all, Frozeen is the closest thing I have to an Author Avatar, so I figured that, rather than distance him from me by stating that he is gay, I'd bring us closer together by stating that he is straight but socially awkward)... and I know all too well what it is like to have Asperger's syndrome. The reason that Frozeen is much more self aware is because he's received a lot of counseling over the years, which has considerably helped him but, as I know, will never "cure" him.But it's interesting to see other people with Asperger's in this RPG. Perhaps it's true that we seem to find each other.IC: Amanda Claw waited patiently outside Dr. Nicholas Saran's office. She knew that a psychiatrist was exactly what the team needed, and she mused bitterly over the fact that many of the team's members would be considered downright "messed up" in the eyes of the public. And not just the obviously-crazy members like Pyro or Duke, but even the respected... such as Rex.As she waited, she was surprised to see Frozeen approach her. "Oh, hey," greeted Frozeen as he drew near."What's wrong?" inquired Amanda, concerned.Struck with surprise by this question, Frozeen faltered. "Wrong? Err, nothing is wrong. Everything's, uh, fine."Amanda raised an eyebrow. "Your eyes are red, your cheeks are a little damp, and when you speak, I can hear that your throat is a little dry. Can you understand why I was just being little worried why you've been crying."Frozeen sighed. "It's no use lying to you, Amanda," he admitted. "You're just too good at reading people. As for me... yeah, I was crying." He did not elaborate, so Amanda did not push any further for an explanation. After a moment of awkward silence, Frozeen cleared his throat and declared: "It was nothing. Just a little deja vu, that's all.""I see," nodded Amanda. "Our past does have a nasty way of coming back to haunt us.""So," Frozeen decided to change the subject, "have you seen Rex? There's been some recent developments regarding Mutant Dino activity in LEGO City, and it appears to be urgent news."Amanda gestured towards the door to Dr. Saran's office. "He's in there," she explained. "Andrew and I urged him to seek a little counseling after... a recent incident. The mounting stress of the Dino Attack has really got to him, I'm afraid. He's tried so hard to bottle it all up, but some moron French Fries was the last straw for him.""Counseling," nodded Frozeen. "Counseling is good. It helps a lot more than you think. Trust me, I know.""As for recent developments," continued Amanda, "he and I were speaking to Ben Gunn, and-""Ben Gunn?" repeated Frozeen, confused.Amanda shrugged. "I don't know; he's an elderly man who's dead-serious all the time. Apparently, he met Rex and Greybeard at one point. He was also the old man that the others saw clothesline Ata.""Ah," nodded Frozeen. "That's who he is. I'd like to meet him someday.""But more importantly," continued Amanda, who lowered her voice but carried a more urgent tone, "Ben Gunn told us that Dr. Rex is planning a massive attack tomorrow.""Tomorrow?" Frozeen's face was grim. "Then I'm afraid that Sha... I mean, elite agent Gromtin's theory was correct. She was telling the founding members about how the lack of Mutant Dino activity in LEGO City was due to the Mutant Dinos actually gathering their forces near the edge of the city, where our scanners and patrols are not so strong.""Just think," sighed Amanda. "This might be the final battle... and any one of us may die."Frozeen tried to smile reassuringly. "I'm sure we'll all pull through... we've survived this long, right? You, me, Greybeard, and, of course, Rex. Still... it might be wise to tie up loose ends now, because we don't know if we'll ever get the chance again. Like how you wrote a letter to Bartholomew Enderson."Amanda nodded. "He deserves to know," she murmured quietly.Frozeen scratched his head. "Out of curiosity... just a quick question, and you don't have to answer if you don't want to, but... I remember the name Bartholomew Enderson. He was... involved in an Alpha Team investigation a couple years back; he wasn't in trouble or anything, but we thought that he might have known about someone we were trying to find... he's a bartender, right?" When Amanda nodded in response, Frozeen continued: "We wanted to ask him a few questions, but we never got the chance. But now... how can I phrase this... I apologize for being blunt, but... are you her?"Amanda stared at Frozeen with surprise.Frozeen locked eyes with her and held up his hands. "Look... if you are, you are not in trouble. You're still one of my most trusted friends in the Dino Attack Team, and I would never hold it against you... instead, I'd understand that you've changed and you're redeeming yourself. I know this is a strange question, but after what you said in Ata's room, I couldn't help but..."Amanda closed her eyes and, after a moment of silence, nodded gently.Frozeen gently placed his hand on her shoulder. "It's okay, Amanda. To me, no matter what you were, to me, you will always be Amanda Claw, one of the greatest Dino Attack agents. And I thank you for doing such great work with this team."Amanda smiled.Frozeen glanced at the door to Dr. Saran's office. "He's going to be in there for a while, isn't he?" he murmured. "So, uh, how are things with you and Rex?""Wonderful," nodded Amanda. "Things could always be a little better... but given the circumstances that we are in, I daresay, it's the best that it could possibly be."Frozeen scratched his head and leaned against a wall. "This might sound a bit awkward," he chuckled nervously, "but I hope you can help me out a little... what's it like to be in a relationship with someone you love?"Amanda raised an eyebrow, intrigued by his question.OOC: Unfortunately, I'm not that good at writing psychiatric sessions, so unless that guy from that show wants to take his own shot at it, I don't think I'm going to show what happens behind that door, and my next IC will likely pick up after the session has ended. Edited by PeabodySam

IC: 'Dumbfounded' was the only word that could adequately describe Hotwire's reaction. He opened and closed his mouth several times, trying to come up with the proper words. Helm could guess what was going through the agent's mind; he knew from experience how difficult it could be to express condolences. Still, he managed a half-smile. "It's all right, kid, I'm just glad you had the chance to know him." He motioned towards Katerina. "Anyways, as I was saying, could you possibly catch me up on this?"Hotwire sighed. "Well, first off Kat learned she was actually synthetically grown and modified by ShadowTech. Then, on LEGO Island, Loop -- he was a ShadowTech experiment too, though we didn't know that at the time; he was working undercover for Dr. Inferno --""And for Ogel before that," Swerve added. "I encountered him a bunch of times in 2008, which is how he got such a huge grudge against me.""Yes. Anyway," Hotwire continued, "Loop showed up on LEGO Island and killed her, or so we thought..."Helm sat fascinated, listening to the bizarre tale of the Schattenbergs, Swerve occasionally contributing what details he'd gathered. They were briefly interrupted when a medic arrived to look Hotwire over before declaring him free to leave."So, as far as you know," Helm said as Hotwire stood, pulling on his cap and gathering his belonings, "she had her mind erased because of a sibling rivalry that has lasted decades and remained unhindered by death?" Hotwire nodded, sparing Katerina a glance."Could be worse," Swerve pointed out. "Brick League United and Reliable Excavation and Demolition have been at each others' throats over a similar issue for something like a hundred and fifty years." This elicited a few laughs as the trio walked out. They were stopped in their tracks, however, by a curious sound -- a yawn. Hotwire looked back and froze.On the bed, Katerina Schattenberg opened her eyes and sat up.

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC: You know, That Guy, you did just give me the idea to maybe introduce an associate of Pharisee's. Granted, he seems to be an independent type of guy but I'd imagine given how busy he is he'd probably be willing to have one or two people to, if nothing else assist in collecting information.Oh, and that movie reference was so obviously Pulp Fiction, the famous Tarantino movie with Samuel L. Jackson and John Travolta. I reckon that line near the end was a pun on Jackson's famous quote from the beginning just before he kills that one guy.Also, on an interesting note, I've actually started playing Pyro in Team Fortress 2 more frequently since I revealed her true identity, with varying degrees of success.IC: Wade was quickly pushing his way through the crowd of onlookers in the detention block, a first aid kit in his hand. "Out of my way," he said as he moved toward the cell where the battered and bruised Elite Agent French Fries lay. One of the crowd slowly unlocked his cell and allowed him to enter. Within a few short minutes Wade was on the ground setting up his equipment."I wonder what all that's about," Angel Eyes said curiously as he lit his pipe, leaning against the bars of Demoman's cell. Suddenly Dude ran up to him, holding a tiny shotglass containing a drink."I just heard some znap from some other people," Dude said. "Apparently they caught the mole.""They caught the mole?" Angel Eyes asked."Yeah," replied Dude. "You can let that guy out now.""Alright then," replied Angel Eyes. "I'd just like to verify that first."

Angel Eyes slowly knocked on the door. "I'll be out in a minute," came Maria's muffled reply from within. There was a moment of silence before the attractive Western girl opened her door. She was rather oddly wearing a bathrobe, much to Angel Eyes' surprise. Pyro was lying in Maria's bed, covering herself with sheets."I'm sorry," Maria said, slightly nervously. "I was just takin' a bath. Pyro was tired... so I let her take a nap in that there bed and I just... decided to take a bath.""What about the mole?""I kept the door open," replied Maria. "And listened real careful in case he came in.""I see," replied Angel Eyes. "I've just heard that the mole has been found. I still need to verify the information before I let Demoman out, but I think for the time being we can allow Pyro some freedom, so long as you keep her in your sight.""That ain't goin' to be no problem," replied Maria."Good," replied Angel Eyes, and with a grin he tipped his hat and turned and walked down the hall, the sound of his spurs echoing slightly off the walls as Maria closed the door.

Crusher turned in relief as Rotor wandered into the infirmary. "Ah," she said. "You're back. What was all that about?""Some crazy guy tried to get me executed," replied Rotor."I see," replied Crusher. "You feeling alright.""For the most part, yes. How's Cabin doing?""Not too bad, surprisingly," replied Crusher. He motioned towards one of the cots, where she was resting quietly on her own, now wearing a simple t-shirt."You think we'll be able to fly?" Rotor asked."Well, I don't know that I'd recommend it just yet but you should be able to if you have to."

Sarah calmly stroked Kate's back. The young rookie had practically cried herself to sleep in her mother's lap. All this that had happened was clearly too much for her to take. In the past two days Kate had learned the rather disturbing story of what really happened to her uncle, and learned that the man she had grown so close to was her biological father. While the latter was not necessarily a bad thing, it was still quite shocking and a lot for her to handle.At that moment, the door to the rec room opened and Pierce stepped inside. "Hello Sarah," he said. "You mind if I sit down?"Sarah nodded, and Pierce took a seat on a nearby chair."I told her," she said. "About you and me.""How'd she take that?""I'm not sure yet," replied Sarah, still running her hand alongside Kate's side.

IC:Holly Vinyaya moved out of the detention block at a brisk pace , Zachary Virchaus close behind. He had no idea what she wanted him for and she had refused to elaborate. As they walked down a hallway, Zach gained the courage to ask a question."So, Holly," he said. "Where exactly are we going?"Vinyaya turned sharply and faced him, a look of annoyance on her face. "Do not call me Holly," she snapped. "You will refer to me by my rank." With that, she continued to walk ahead."Seriously?" Zach said, now annoyed himself. "The one time I'm trying not to irritate you and I irritate you!" Vinyaya ignored him. "My apologies, Commander." He made sure to stress her title.Finally, she stopped at a door. "Enter," she commanded. Zach bowed mockingly before he entered what seemed to be a storage room. Vinyaya followed him in, closed the door, and flicked on the lights."Alright," she said. "Now-""Just a moment," Zach interrupted. Vinyaya rolled her eyes but nodded. He leaned back against a crate. "Is there any reason why you seem to dislike me, provided this isn't the reason that you brought me here?""Besides blatant lack of respect toward me?" she asked irritably."Yeah."Vinyaya sighed. "It's mostly the whole 'Stromling' thing. You nearly killed me and used me as a shield. Yes, I am aware that it was the Darkitect's influence, but I am unfortunately one to hold a grudge or two.""What about Zelda?" Zach questioned. "She was a Stromling and from what I hear, she almost killed you too. Do you hate her too?""No, which brings us back to point A:" Vinyaya said with a slight smirk. "'Blatant lack of respect toward me.'" Zach was about to say something when Vinyaya silenced him. "It doesn't matter. Now, on to what I want to talk about. I would prefer if this conversation does not reach anyone else's ears. Understand?"Zach decided to take that statement as a threat Vinyaya would act on. "Fine.""Good. The reason I am speak to you is because I heard you and Fabello discussing an agent named Scratch. This agent's real name is Logan Zekria, correct?""Yes." Zach pulled the glove off of his right hand and flexed his metallic fingers. "He is the reason why I have this.""And you killed him, right?"Zach shrugged. "I'm not really sure if I pulled the trigger or he did, but he's dead. Why does it matter?"Vinyaya sighed again, her face becoming red. "Well," she said stiffly. "I was a bit, um, involved, uh, with Scratch."Zach let that sink in. Then, a grin slowly began to form on his face. "Wait. So you and Scratch were-""Yes!" Vinyaya hissed, wiping the grin off of his face."Alright, so did you two know each other prior to the Attack?"No. We were on the same T-1 Typhoon that was downed in Adventurers' Island's jungles.""And so you two became close under the desire to survive and make it to an outpost or something, right?"Vinyaya raised an eyebrow curiously. "I-yes. How did you know that?"Zach shrugged. "The same thing more or less happened to myself and Minerva, though it was more fighting in a battle together than trying to survive in a Mutant Dino-infested jungle. In fact, I'm more than ninety-nine percent sure that most relationships formed during this war were 'helped' by being forced to bond with one and another for survival purposes."Vinyaya waved her hand. "Anyway, I was in charge and since it was a Mutant Dino-infested jungle, things looked rather bleak. Logan was extremely determined to survive and offered to help me. You would not believe how powerful his-""-senses are?" As soon as he finished her sentence, Zach expected Vinyaya to angrily scold him. However, she simply nodded. "Yes. That managed to save my life at one point from a very nasty Stromling Islander.""We worked together," Vinyaya continued. "And I suppose I let my guard down around him. He was a rather nice person, even if a little rough around the edges." She paused, her face reddening again. "We were...rather close.""Did he share your feelings?"Vinyaya shrugged. "Back then, I thought so. Now, I'm not so sure. I will say that he trusted me enough to tell me secrets he hadn't told anyone else. Such as his former employment to Sam Sinister. He was suggesting to me that he was going to get revenge on Sinister since they were both on the island. He never elaborated on what he was going to do, but I suppose it would have been sinister."Zach smirked in spite of himself. "What was your response to this?""A flat no. Sinister is an ally and we needed him. Logan told me Sinister was a fool and we didn't need him. After some arguing, he told me he would save his revenge for after the war, which was good enough for me.""Did he tell you about the whole dinosaur bit?"Vinyaya nodded sadly. "He was determined to wipe them all out, Mutant and normal. I wasn't a complete love-stricken fool. I told him if he tried anything against the native dinosaurs, I would not hesitate to take him down. After that...""You think he didn't trust you after that?" Zach guessed. Vinyaya nodded."Logan Zekria might have still held feelings for me, but was much more reserved around me after the 'dinosaur thing'. We stayed together even after we reached an outpost. We only split when he was sent to the TumTum Tribe's village to fight. I never saw him again after that-""Because he went ahead with his plan to kill ALL the dinosaurs," Zach finished."And so what happened then?" Vinyaya asked. "I am aware that several native dinosaurs arrived during a battle outside the XERRD fortress.""That was him. I didn't know what was going on so I followed him to help him escape the dinosaurs chasing after him. The dinos were circling him when I reached. He revealed what he was doing. He knew I was going to turn him in, so he fought me. If its any consolation for nearly killing you, he beat within an inch of my life. Before he was going to shoot me, he told me he knew Minerva had watched run after him and said she would have to be killed as well." Zach chuckled. "At this point, all I can think is 'What a Cool Dude.'""'Cool dude?'" Vinyaya repeated frowned.Zach glanced upward. "For some reason, I can't bring myself to mention the word I want to use, despite it not being that obscene. Oh, well. Anyway, I forced myself to get back up and fight. I did better, which led him to shoot my hand off. In a possible Genre Savvy-move, he then blew up my hand with a Cosmotronic Ray, not taking the chance that I am a LEGO Islander and might have been able to click my hand back into my wrist. Now determined to beat this man, I stood up and fought for his pistol. In the fight, the pistol went off, shooting him and ending his life rather quickly. Dinosaurs stopped being hostile, Crisis averted."Both Zach and Vinyaya were silent. Zach glanced over Vinyaya's shoulder while she stared at the ground, clearly thinking. Finally, Vinyaya sighed and looked at Zach. "I suppose the reason I wanted to discuss this was to get it off my chest, and since you knew Logan somewhat...""No problem," Zach said calmly. Thinking back to Rex's outburst against French Fries and even Minerva's minor outburst concerning her mother, all directly related to holding in emotions, "It's best not to bottle up your feelings only to have to explode later on. I've seen enough of it today to be certain." Vinyaya nodded. "How do you feel about Scratch now?""I don't know. He was a terrible person, but I couldn't help but feel a little sad that he died." Zach suddenly wondered if his responsibility toward Logan Zekria's death played a role in Vinyaya's animosity toward him. "I'm certainly ready to move on from it."Zach nodded. "Now that we've shared this touchy-feely moment, we can be friends now. Right?"Vinyaya laughed quietly. "Keep thinking that, Virchaus. Let's head back to the detention cell so you can be with your girlfriend." Zach grinned and the two left the storage room. As they left, Zach decided strike a random conversation with the Space Police commando."Now that that's out of the way, you're in need of a new love interest," Zach began, ideas already forming in his head."What?" Vinyaya asked, a curious smile appearing on his face. She shook her head as she realized where Zach was going. "You better not start shipping me with other agents, Virchaus, or I swear...""Right now, I'm thinking Nazareno is the best choice for a pairing with you..."

OOC: What is it about LEGO Islanders that makes them so dang Genre Savvy?Also, I'm still totally shipping Nazarelda. Just sayin'.IC: Katerina looked down at herself. "Physical body, ShadowTech uniform," she muttered, glancing around the room. "DAHQ, Hotwire has a peg leg, Helmie's here, but he's actually in Antarctica..." She abruptly grinned. "Must be a dream." She hopped off the bed and did a cartwheel, landing in front of Hotwire, Swerve and Helm, who were watching her in shock and confusion. And they weren't the only ones; there was a clatter from across the room as one of the medics dropped his clipboard in astonishment. Katerina poked Hotwire in the forehead with a smirk, knocked his cap off, caught it and placed it on her own head, and then with a leap began jumping on the nearest bed.Hotwire, meanwhile, was just as astounded as he'd been yesterday morning when this woman had hopped down out of his T-1, only this time there was a tad more foolish hope in the cauldron of confusion. The mannerisms, the tone of voice...Barely daring to let himself believe it, he asked, "Wait, what's your name?""Bit of a silly question. You know me already." She paused and tilted her head quizzically. "Unless this is going to be one of the weird dreams.""Um, yeah, I mean, I know you, but I don't believe you and Swerve here have met before," Hotwire stammered, jerking a thumb at the masked figure behind him."Well in that case, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, even though it seems the jury's still out on whether this is reality," she said, hopping to the floor and grabbing Swerve's hand. "I'm Kat."OOC: So I had planned on explaining how this happened, but I think I'd rather hit the sack. Later folks.

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

IC: As the crowds dispersed, Andrew felt it would be a good time to leave it himself. Laxus and Pterisa were quick to agree, and Bluetooth decided to join them as well."Geeze, that was... eventful," said Bluetooth. "Where the heck did that crowd come from, anyways?""Well, we did cause quite a ruckus when capturing that guy," Andrew replied, "so I guess it isn't too surprising that those people showed up to see what happened. But really, that Pharisee guy needs some perspective. We captured him, so besides from keeping others from abusing French Fries before the guards reappeared, how was I "failing to control the situation"?""I'm just surprised Rex showed up again with the rest of them when he clearly didn't want to see him again after..." Laxus faltered, recalling the scene again. "You know.""He does seem to have some issue he needs to work out," said Bluetooth. "Hopefully he takes your advice and gets a bit of therapy. Pharisee should think about his actions, too. It won't do anyone good to barge in on him at some point and have him arrested.""Well, I'm confident enough that any pardon I give can override whatever policy this Internal Affairs division is going to try on him," said Andrew. "Especially given the circumstances. And if they don't listen to me, I'm certain that some of the other Elites can back me up on that."The group was silent for a few more moments as they walked towards the mess hall. It was almost dinnertime."So.. Pterisa, right?" Bluetooth asked the Hybrid. She nodded. "Yeah, um, good to see you're taking well. Sorry you had to see Rex like that, he's really a dogged nice guy, as far as I've heard.""I know," she said. "He was all too helpful for me when I got unmasked by the Darkitect. I suppose he can't always have an easy time, considering circumstance has left him in the original body of Alpha Rex, and he has lost track of Mutant Dinos he's bonded with, such as this 'Trouble' he speaks of.""You have to wonder if that lizard, among others, is still out there in the city somewhere," said Laxus. "I mean, maybe he might've been killed by some agent on patrol that didn't see signs of friendlyness, and I've heard a few things here and there about Rex's old tamed dino building getting flooded during Kotua's crazy period, but there's still no solid confirmation of anything. But who really knows?""True," said Andrew. "Stranger things have happened. Kat got killed, then came back as a computer program, then got a body again due to some Shadowtech thingnamabob. Trouble could simply appear again in the final battle or something.""Optimism at its finest," said a new voice. Stranger was now walking alongside the group. "Missed you guys. I've been taking up Sniper's place in the sniping post.""Good to hear everything's recovering from the security defects that mole put on us," said Bluetooth. "I was helping with fixing Engi's sentries earlier.""Hopefully that should improve our chances during an attack," said Andrew, thinking just now of what Semick had said earlier. "Speaking of which..."

OOC:Or not. I just can't think of good IC material in peacetime. Battles are all I've known in this RPG.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC:Or not. I just can't think of good IC material in peacetime. Battles are all I've known in this RPG.
OOC: Writer's block is hardly unusual. I've got a bit of it right now. Personally, if you can't find any action, I'd recommend maybe taking some time to develop your characters and any relationships between them.On a related note, I am seriously considering making an associate for Pharisee, but I'm still trying to come up with some ideas. If anyone would like to suggest a name or any other aspects of the character I'm willing to hear and consider them. The most I've come up with so far is that I'm thinking they'll (I'm not sure if it's a man or a woman yet, though I'm leaning towards it being a man) probably be a bit toned down, strict but not the same extreme.

OOC:Yeah, I was toying with Dr. Cyborg doing something like that for Pharisee for a little bit, but I scrapped it. What relationships? And how should I develop my characters.PeaSam, if you could look at and answer my PM now, I would appreciate it.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC: What relationships? And how should I develop my characters.
OOC: I mean you should write about the relationships between your characters. However, I can't really give you any one way to go about doing it.Basically, if you can't find anything else to do, write some interactions between your characters. The interaction can be anything, a romance (like in some of PeabodySam's posts with Rex and Amanda), a simple parent-child talk (as I've with Kate and Sarah), a simple close friendship, even a rivalry of some sort. Just something to help enhance your characters. Edited by Atton Rand

OOC:Thing is, I don't really know how to do an interaction like that. Help!
OOC: There isn't really much to help you with. Just take two or more of your characters, put them into a room, and write a conversation. Believe me, as a writer I know from experience that coming up with ideas is tricky, but all you need is to think of something simple and in-character for them to talk about.

OOC:

Also, I'm still totally shipping Nazarelda. Just sayin'.
I don't even know how to respond to that, other than I keep grinning each time I read it. I could confirm it, deny it, or elaborate on it. But I'd rather just leave you in suspense. ;)avmatoran, I don't have any real suggestions other than backing up what Atton is saying and perhaps you could bring back characters of yours that seem to suffering Chuck Cunningham Syndrome (such as Kara Wise, who is only confirmed to have arrived at the Dino Attack Headquarters. Or Catless, who hasn't been seen since rescuing Vinyaya at Hotep III's temple.) and clarify on their relationships with Dr. Cyborg, such as how they met, how they act around each other, how long they've known each other, if one is/they were ever romantically involved with Dr. Cyborg, etc. It could even be done via flashback as opposed to them occurring on December 20, 2010.At one point, I created a Google Doc primarily to write long ICs, but is also being used to record ideas concerning characters, such as background, personality, appearances, and plans. I'd suggest taking your characters, sit down, and come up with ideas about them.Or watch a good movie/read a good book/play a good video game. I've come up with a number ideas just by looking into other media. Or browse TV Tropes, which is basically every media under the sun in text form. Oh, and music can help with inspiration as well. Could be an epic movie soundtrack or the stuff you hear on the radio. An example for me was that Stromling!Zach's circus master persona during the battle at Hotep III temple was conceived by listening to the Nightwish song Scaretale. Whatever works for you.Due to only having shipping jokes in the brain, an IC will have to wait. Edited by Brikman McStudz

OOC:

OOC: Thing is, I don't really know how to do an interaction like that. Help!
OOC: There isn't really much to help you with. Just take two or more of your characters, put them into a room, and write a conversation. Believe me, as a writer I know from experience that coming up with ideas is tricky, but all you need is to think of something simple and in-character for them to talk about.
If I recall correctly, avmatoran, you mentioned once that Kara Wise is based on a friend of yours, did you not? Maybe you could try establishing the friendship between Kara and Dr. Cyborg, seeing as you've based the latter on yourself.I will note, though, that I find your writer's block slightly interesting, because for me it's the opposite; I've always been more likely to get writer's block during large battles.And that's why I would have posted already today, had it not been for an all-day BrickLink binge which has left me about $30 poorer. As a result, though, within the next few weeks you can all expect to see representations of Osprey, Wright, Shiller, Mort, Cane, and (if I feel particularly daring) possibly Loop, as well as updated versions of Hotwire, Kat, Helm, and Tracer.
Due to only having shipping jokes in the brain, an IC will have to wait.
Well, here's some more to keep you distracted -- Frozimton, Snigger*, Pteraxus, Rotobin, Naomertz, and I'm just getting started. Ship names are so much fun. Out of curiosity, are there any more you can think of?...At this point I can't help but wish Antrakha hadn't ditched us. I imagine he'd have something witty and apropos to say on the matter :P*I don't intend on making any insinuations about Snake or Trigger, as their orientations are, naturally, up to Atton. It's just that the name was too perfect. Heck, I'm not even really shipping any of these (except maybe Pteraxus xD), especially given that Frozimton and Naomertz are probably going to happen anyway without needing any outside pressure.EDIT: I've just remembered that during the very beginning of the Goo Caverns arc, I secretly shipped Zennalpha X)Also, I'll be away again with no internet from tomorrow afternoon until Sunday night. I may be able to get a short post in tomorrow morning, but no promises.IC: "I think some explanations are owed all around," said Helm after a few moments of confusion."Agreed," said Kat. "But could we do that in the cafeteria? I'm famished."Soon the four of them were seated in the mess hall, Kat with a heavily loaded tray in front of her. Noon had passed a few hours ago, but lunch was still being served due to the odd times at which agents were trickling back to HQ from the most recent mission."So what's the last thing you can remember before you woke up?" Hotwire inquired as she began eating.She paused in thought for a moment. "The battle at the rear guard camp had just ended and we were about to leave for Outpost 4."Hotwire shifted uneasily. "That...was three days ago.""Well of course it was," said Kat. "That was the last time I saved."Hotwire furrowed his brow in puzzlement, but Helm butted in. "Look, why don't we just catch up on what happened over the course of the past few days, then see what holes need filling in afterwards?" Nods all around. Kat listened intently as Hotwire and Swerve related the events at Outpost 4, the battle at the temple of Hotep III, Dust's death, Zachary's redemption, and the cleansing of Adventurers' Island. Helm joined in as they moved on to the day's events -- the deaths of the Second Headquarters Squad, the capture of the mole, and Loop's reappearance and final end.Kat paused to register all of this new information. She turned to Swerve, pointing at him with her fork. "So you're really Septimus."He nodded. "And you're really Katerina Schattenberg."Kat laid her fork down slowly and carefully. "No," she said evenly but coldly. "No, I am not. She may have claimed that, but it couldn't be further from the truth. Contrary to her apparent belief, she didn't Become The Mask. Katerina Schattenberg made another person, a fully independent mind, and used her as a disguise. When I'd served my purpose, she threw me out. Just like every other person who was ever briefly useful to her. You may as well say I'm Loop, or Chell Glados, or Dr. Rex himself. Any of those would be equally flattering."Swerve was clearly somewhat taken aback. "Well, to be fair," he said, "you pretty much did the same to me. Septimus was Swerve, not the other way.""Point taken," said Kat. "I'm sorry.""Anyway," Hotwire interjected, "what was that you said about saving?""Oh, right," Kat replied. "Well, there's plenty of space in a T-1 for file storage, so I'd been...basically, making backup copies of my mind every few days." She took in the shocked looks she was getting in response and snickered. "Sounds, weird, I know. Almost eldritch, if I may say so myself. That's why I didn't tell anyone. I figured there was no reason anyone should find out unless something happened. And I guess Katerina unthinkingly transferred every last byte related to herself when she dropped into this body, and I'd encrypted and compressed the backup enough that it was buried too deep for Loop to touch it. That's why I needed a nice long nap to swim back up to the surface.""Maybe it wasn't an accident, though," Hotwire pointed out nervously. "Maybe Katerina realized what the backup was and brought it along just in case. After all, she was inside your mind, so it's probably safe to assume she was in the backup too."Kat's expression grew grim. "Well if that's the case, then I can guarantee she'll never get back out. I just got back, and I don't plan on leaving again." Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

Due to only having shipping jokes in the brain, an IC will have to wait.
Well, here's some more to keep you distracted -- Frozimton, Snigger*, Pteraxus, Rotobin, Naomertz, and I'm just getting started. Ship names are so much fun. Out of curiosity, are there any more you can think of?...At this point I can't help but wish Antrakha hadn't ditched us. I imagine he'd have something witty and apropos to say on the matter :P*I don't intend on making any insinuations about Snake or Trigger, as their orientations are, naturally, up to Atton. It's just that the name was too perfect. Heck, I'm not even really shipping any of these (except maybe Pteraxus xD), especially given that Frozimton and Naomertz are probably going to happen anyway without needing any outside pressure.
OOC: I actually toyed with "Rotobin" a few times, and "Snigger" does sound interesting...A few more I can think up: Remanda, Vinyareno, and Piershop. I'll post some more if I think of any. Unfortunately, I don't have time to write an IC right now.

OOC:Hm. Interesting ideas. I think I will take the one about Kara and Dr. Cyborg. I also had toyed with the idea that Catless like Dr. Cyborg and him being oblivious, but I figured it would be so cheesy we would have a mice problem. I am trying to refine a post idea with Kara and Dr. Cyborg. Let me know what you think of the Catless idea, which will determine whether I do it or not.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC:

I actually toyed with "Rotobin" a few times, and "Snigger" does sound interesting...A few more I can think up: Remanda, Vinyareno, and Piershop. I'll post some more if I think of any. Unfortunately, I don't have time to write an IC right now.
I don't really think Remanda counts as a ship, since Rex and Amanda are already in a relationship. Same reason I didn't bother with Barrydactyl.
Hm. Interesting ideas. I think I will take the one about Kara and Dr. Cyborg. I also had toyed with the idea that Catless like Dr. Cyborg and him being oblivious, but I figured it would be so cheesy we would have a mice problem. I am trying to refine a post idea with Kara and Dr. Cyborg. Let me know what you think of the Catless idea, which will determine whether I do it or not.
Well, seeing as mice actually much prefer peanut butter over cheese...Catborg! (Maybe I should stop now :P) Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC:Funny. Well, I guess I will incorporate aspects of that. Now I just gotta refine my ideas and post them. Also, don't stop, it's hilarious.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC: And speaking of shipping, there's always Andrisa! Of course, given that we don't know Pterisa's true age and she is also half-pterosaur, I don't know what the rest of you guys think of that one, but hey, that's the fun of shipping... anything's possible!And as for a ship that will never sail due to Unfortunate Implications, there's a bit of subtext hinting at Maryo...I also remember that, for a brief moment, Toa Antrahka was shipping Texompy, if only for the possibility of making the Alexander/Abody family tree even larger than it currently is."Snigger" is also the perfect name for that particular ship... you know, since it sounds like "snicker" and all... Oh, great, now everyone's going to shoot me for explaining the joke...And I agree with Jacks on Nazarelda, especially given that Nazareno is a ninja and Zelda is the descendant of pirates, which would make things even more interesting.IC later today. I just wanted to join in the fun of the shipping while it was still going on!

Edited by PeabodySam

OOC: Pteraxus > Andrisa. That is all (Andrate would probably be more suitable anyway, since he and Kate are the same age...although Sarah would probably frighten any potential suitors away)....Actually, no, it's not all, because if Ogel's Last Stand had lasted longer, I would have tried for Swalon. Too bad that won't happen here, since one is dead and the other undead, but at least it serves to remind me that my characters are fair game for all this shipbuilding :PAlso, Stranyaya and Gladonepus (because why not get XERRD in on the fun?).

I also remember that, for a brief moment, Toa Antrahka was shipping Texompy, if only for the possibility of making the Alexander/Abody family tree even larger than it currently is.
I do remember that now. I think he called it off when I pointed out that it would make Sauro-Hunter Cane's uncle. XDEDIT: And snigger is already a word.IC: "Having a party?"Hotwire looked up to see Shiller strolling to their table. Momentarily worried, he looked around the room and was relieved to see Wright by the door, keeping an eye on Trigger, who was in the midst of a quiet but clearly vehement conversation with an unfamiliar man.Shiller followed Hotwire's gaze and smirked. "Don't worry, we said we wouldn't let him out of our sight, and we meant it."Kat had turned too at this new arrival, and now that there was a break in conversation that coincided with her swallowing another bite, she stuck out her hand and said, "We haven't met. I'm Kat.""Shiller," he responded, shaking her hand. "Me and O'Neal here go way back."OOC: Anyone may feel free to interact with any of my characters while I'm gone. Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC: I might set sail on a ship for either Andrisa or Pteraxus, just cause this amuses me.I'll also shoot for Kattwire, even if Jacks says they're "Just Friends". Why two "Ts"? Because it looks cool.I don't think Glados x Anyone would work, primarily due to Glados' "bitter, unlikable loner" status. I could almost roll with some sort of Dr. Rex x Provencal/Glados/Ingrid in a sort of one-way attraction. Like Bellatrix Lestrange's attraction to Lord Voldemort.Bring up XERRD shipping, I toyed with "Provenswald" at one point, thinking that I'd take Carolyne Provencal to the final battle with Oswald. I gave it up later, and then Provencal died, so..."Stranyaya", huh? I don't think Vinyaya has even met Stranger, as far as I can remember. I would shoot for something like Vinyatooth or something, primarily because they're both from space organizations.IC:"Do you really think that?" Vinyaya asked, glancing at Zach. He shrugged."I'm leaning towards it. Due to his apparent deep-rooted dislike for pirates, I imagine he's been a ninja from a very young age. Though I don't know how space ninjas operate as opposed to regular ninjas, so you never know."Vinyaya and Zach had returned to the prison block to find it empty, so they took to wandering the hallways. While Zach brought up numerous ideas on who to pair Vinyaya with, they had ultimately returned their focus on Nazareno."I think Frodongan is infatuated with him," Vinyaya said. Zach raised an eyebrow, then smirked."That's interesting in a variety of ways. One is her pirate upbringing and second as that it sounds like she tried to kill him while she was a Stromling.""Well, Nazareno stayed behind during the Maelstrom temple and was there when Frodongan returned to normal. As the only two agents in the midst of a bunch of medics, it seems very likely they could have bonded in that time.""Do you know if Nazareno shares her feelings, or is even aware?"Vinyaya shrugged. "He's a hard man to read, naturally.""So he's attracted Zelda and he's probably attracted you," Zach said. Vinyaya began to argue when Zach cut her off. "I'm thinking Nazareno may be a Chick Magnet. Maybe even a borderline Memetic Se-""How are you so certain that I like him?" Vinyaya interrupted curtly."Space?" Vinyaya's eyes narrowed, apparently not satisfied with his answer. "Hmm. Did you help hunt after an intergalactic terrorist by the name of Matthew Vherestorm?""Yes.""Well Nazareno spent a good number of years chasing after this 'Vherestorm', so that's another thing you have in common. I don't know, I just see the two of you getting along rather well."Vinyaya rolled her eyes. "Probably. That doesn't mean I have to be romantically involved with him. Like you said, he-""Hey!" Minerva's voice called out from behind them. Zach and Vinyaya turned to see Minerva and Zelda approaching them. "We've been looking for you.""So have I," Zach said, smiling. Minerva turned to Vinyaya."So why did you need to see Zach?" she asked."It was a...personal matter that needed to be cleared up," Vinyaya said. Zach nodded in agreement."Where's Nazareno?" he asked."He said he wanted to be alone for a bit," Zelda said. She smiled, amused. "I think he's hungry, so he's probably going somewhere he can take off his mask."Zach chuckled. "Probably. I could go for a quick bite to eat. How about it?" Zelda and Minerva nodded. "Vinyaya? Oh, sorry, Commander?"Vinyaya smirked. "I suppose I could have something to eat.""Good," Zach said, clapping his hands together. "Let's go."

OOC: Kattwire? Ha. Not happening...or at least, not at all the way any shippers are hoping :sly:EDIT: Clever, avmatoran, very clever. Since post #939. I'm sorry for the chain reaction I started xD

Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC: Okay, now for a real post.So Kat is back now? I probably should have seen that coming after the whole mindscrew. And now, for a bigger mindscrew... what should we do with Kat/Katerina's wiki page? Move it back to Kat? Give Katerina a separate page altogether? Meh, I don't know. All I can say is... I'm glad to have Kat back, but I'm a little sad that this means we'll never have a Dr. Rex/Katerina Schattenberg reunion during the final battle.

Zach chuckled. "At this point, all I can think is 'What a Cool Dude.'""'Cool dude?'" Vinyaya repeated frowned.Zach glanced upward. "For some reason, I can't bring myself to mention the word I want to use, despite it not being that obscene. Oh, well."
Okay. Of all the fourth-wall-breaking references in the seven years of Dino Attack RPG, this one has to be one of my favorites.Also, avmatoran... clever. Very clever. I'll also see about responding to that PM as soon as I get a chance.IC: At last, the door to Dr. Nicholas Saran's office opened, and Rex floated out in his hover-chair. Amanda and Frozeen greeted Rex as he entered the hallway, and Amanda asked how the psychiatric session went."It went well," nodded Rex, although his voice was solemn. "Dr. Saran says that it will take time before I'm... well, recovered, and he wishes to schedule more sessions with me. Unfortunately, I do not know when I'll have such time... certainly not tomorrow. We need to speak with Specs immediately."They heard a distant rumbling: the roar of thunder. "A thunderstorm this late in December?" mused Frozeen. "This has certainly been a warmer-than-usual year. Normally, we would see snowfall by now.""That's certainly working in Dr. Rex's favor," grimaced Rex. "No doubt the Mutant Dinos will fight a lot better in a thunderstorm than a blizzard. Come."Rex piloted the hover-chair to Specs's office, accompanied by Frozeen and Amanda. Upon entering.the office, Rex saw that the other founding members, Digger, Shadow, and Viper, were already speaking to the team leader. They were telling Specs about things that they had learned from "Mary Rose" and "Shannon Grimton", neither name sounding familiar to Rex. When Specs saw Rex, Amanda, and Frozeen enter, he saw the grim look in Rex's face and understood that their news was not good. Still, he motioned for Rex to tell what he knew.Rex told Specs everything that he learned from Ben Gunn. Specs sat in contemplative silence for a moment as he let the information sink in. "MegaBloks," he murmured quietly. "With the team still recovering from the situations created by Ata and French Fries, we're not prepared for such an attack. Even worse, we have a large number of civilians who have returned to LEGO City, and we must begin an evacuation immediately; I must contact Mayor Frictionfit and let him know about this news. Hopefully, Dash Justice and Agent Chase can lend us a few Alpha Team and Agents vehicles to move the population, but I don't know if we have enough time. As for the Doctor Device, it is nearly finished... but unfortunately, seeing as Frank Einstein has passed away, we never received his instructions on how to complete it.""Instructions?" repeated Rex.Specs nodded. "In a number of his chess piece holograms, Dr. Einstein included a set of instructions for building the Doctor Device. He came up with an idea to re-engineer the weapon to counteract the Maelstrom energies inherently found within a Mutant Dino. However, the weapon is unfinished, and without his last set of instructions, I do not know if it will work."Rex and Amanda traded glances. Rex reached into his pocket and pulled out Frank Einstein's last bishop chess piece. "Amanda and I listened to the message recorded in here," explained Rex, "but there were nothing regarding the Doctor Device."Interested, Specs leaned forward and took the chess piece. Looking it over, Specs murmured: "That's because the instructions were never contained within the main message. There was always another part of the chess piece, never the same part in any two of them, which could activate the instructions for the Doctor Device." Carefully, Specs fingered the chess piece, trying to see if there was anything that was loose. At last, he found that a small bump on the head of the bishop could be rotated, and as he did so, the chess piece opened up, revealing the hologram of Frank Einstein.As Rex, Amanda, and Frozeen had never studied technology or engineering, what Frank Einstein said in those next few minutes made little sense to them. It was all engineer and inventor jargon that sounded like a foreign language. However, Specs was keenly interested in every word, staring with wide eyes as the hologram of the Assembly professor spoke.When the message ended, Specs handed the bishop chess piece to Viper. "Make sure this gets to the technology center as quickly as possible," ordered Specs. Viper, being a skilled racer before joining Dino Attack Team, nodded and darted out the door. "And thank you, Rex," continued Specs. "I hope we never have to use the Doctor Device... but if we do, it may win the war.""You know," suggested Rex, "I've been thinking. I know it's called the Doctor Device because it's loosely inspired by the weapon from Ender's Game, which Frozeen told me all about, but I cannot help but notice that, as development of this weapon continued, it became less and less similar to the original Doctor Device. Therefore, I propose a name change. In honor and memory of all that he has done for the Dino Attack Team, including helping us design this device... I propose that we rename it 'the Einstein Device'."Specs, Shadow, and Digger traded glances, nodding in agreement. "Now," sighed Specs, "comes the hard part." He took the microphone that was on his desk and pushed a button, activating the intercom system in Dino Attack Headquarters. "Attention, all Dino Attack personel..."OOC: ... and from there, Specs tells everyone about the upcoming attack.As I write this, there's a thunderstorm outside my house, and I'm getting flood and tornado warnings. What a perfect atmosphere for writing in Dino Attack RPG! Why, I feel like I'm in a Maelstrom!

OOC:Thanks. I will try to IC tonight. I have a vague idea that will come together as I type.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!