Dino Attack: At War's End

PeabodySam

OOC: So Specs is the mole? Interesting twist, I will admit I didn't see it coming, but if that's the case, what exactly was up with that shady phone call Scout made a while back?Also, I assume your next post will continue the flashback. You said you didn't want me to go any farther until you had a chance to post about it.

OOC:NO! I believe the REAL Specs is innocent! That is not Specs!I will try to IC tonight. I have been waiting for a response to my PM that will determine my direction, but I will try to make some filler posts.I originally thought the mole was Demoman.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

OoC:Good lord.IC: Hertz lay unmoving in his hospital bed. To his left lay Elite agent Rotor, the pilot had bandages covering much of his face but still had enough strength and mental capacity to turn the pages of A Tale of Two Cities.To his right lay Cabin. Mrs. Bishop’s attack had proved to be especially brutal on the bystander and the elite agent lay unmoving beside her heart monitor. She had a white cast covering her entire face and her eye were closed beneath the narrow slits.The doctors assured him that Cabin would live and make a full recovery but she would bare the scars for most of her life. Both had suffered concussions but the brain damage would prove to be minimal. Pierce had done a spectacular job repairing Cabin’s scull fractures but her nose would always be crocked.Hertz sighed. What had the Dino attack become when violent brawls happened on a daily basses? These fights only divided the team further and led to greater distress. People like Trigger and Sarah Bishop needed to be held responsible and be punished but it seemed that with the war already on multiple fronts there was no one to do the jobOoC: I hope you don’t mind me elaborating the injuries of your characters Atton. We all know what happened last time I intervened in one of your medical affairs. I figured that if I stressed the injuries of an innocent bystander like Cabin it would raise awareness for these attacks and help lay the groundwork for introducing a new character. I expect to introduce a head of internal affairs in the near future. Sadly he can’t be elite because none of my characters have had a promotion.IC:Solomon watched the fight between Zelda and Nazerano with considerable interest. He had already inquired if the space ninja carried any extra swords but sadly Nazerano only possessed his two.This led the philosopher to the Dino Team armory. Although it held a plethora of strange and unusual weapons including muskets, bananas, and pointy sticks the katana were far below Solomon’s standards.He had a strong knowledge of swordsmanship from his time as a Sentinel. During that time he had undergone rigorous training as a Samurai before converting to Shinobi during his time with XERRD.Although he respected Nazerano’s skill he considered his fighting style slightly uncivilized compared to his more elegant schooling as a Samurai. He resolved to challenge to ninja to a friendly spar once he had located a suitable weapon.Solomon left the armory empty handed aside from a Luger P08 that he hid beneath his robe. The doctor checked his watch. Fifteen minutes until he promised to confront Trigger. He smiled; the mercenary would make an optimal example of the lengths he would go to prove his loyalty.OoC: Brikman, I hope you don’t mind that I have a new sword welding character. He was in no way influenced by Nazerano.IC:“I really don’t want to talk about Dust.” Said Saran calmly. “Your welcome to ask a question about myself but I don’t want to talk about other people.”“I want to hear what you think about the Egyptian.” Said Lutsky stubbornly.“Why does it matter to you?” asked Saran. The doctor was growing concerned. He walked a narrow space between helping Lutsky open up and becoming the one being interviewed.The Hannibal Lector was always a risk in psychology. If Saran refused to talk about himself the subject would become uncomfortable and lose trust, on the other hand if he lost control of the interview Saran might find himself at the mercy of a sociopath.He kept his composure and continued to keep the conversational aria about the talk. “Why does it matter to you what I think about Mr. Thutmose.” Repeated Saran.“Because he’s a mad man!” yelled Lutsky. “And I need to know whether of not he’s manipulating you!”This was a surprising answer for the psychologist.“Mr. Lutsky, I never met Mr. Thutmose in my life.” Said Saran.“Prove it.” Demanded the ex-commander. “Prove the son of a 4+ is not in your head.”Saran sighed, “Mr. Lustky, you know very well I can’t prove that to you. You just need to trust me.”“Baah.” spat Lutsky. “Trust.”“Do you have a problem with trust Carl?” asked Dr. Saran intrigued.“No,” he responded. “But when there are people like him running around you can never be two careful.”“Mr. Lutsky.” Said Dr. Saran slowly. “You do know that Dust is dead right?”“Yes, I killed the man.” Said Carl Lutsky. “But that does not make him less dangerous. He’s still playing tricks, he’s still trying to destroy everything I worked for.”“Every thing you worked for?” Asked the psychologist as he raised an eyebrow.“I mean we.” Said the ex-commander back-tracking. “He’s still in our heads, trying to destroy us, the D.A.”“But how can he do that when he’s dead?”Lutsky suddenly laughed hysterically. “Because he’s still alive!”

That is all

OOC: That's actually an interesting idea to bring in an authority figure. His elite status could be justified by him being just be a guy with a desk job (nobody complained when I introduced Agent French Fries in the LEGO Island arc).At the moment, I got a slight case of writer's block, so I won't post just yet. Feel free to interact with Bogart. He's here to investigate the murders so it logically would make sense for him to talk to several different people, so I actually would appreciate it if other players took advantage of this. Also hopefully PeabodySam will soon write his next part of the flashback so I can continue with that story.

OOC: That was certainly a change-up I did not foresee.IC:Minerva closed her eyes as Zach finished his tale yet again. "Really?" she said in an almost exasperated tone."Yeah.""So now you can shoot lightning and fireballs composed of the Maelstrom, right?" she asked."I'm only limited by my own energy. So I think I'll limit the use of the Maelstrom to a 'last resort' type situation."Minerva nodded. "It's probably for the best." She turned her head. "Oh, they're fighting again."Zelda and Nazareno clashed swords violently. Nazareno moved swiftly and quickly as he striked repeated blows against Zelda. Whenever she managed to get a chance to go on the offense, Zelda was just as quick, though not nearly as graceful as the space ninja."I'm curious," Nazareno said casually as his parried a swing from Zelda. "Have you trained with a sword prior to this meeting?""A lot," Zelda said, jumping up from a swing to her ankles. "A hobby I never really dropped after leaving Pirates Forbidden Island."Nazareno's eyes widened substantially. "Pirates Forbidden Island? Were you formerly a pirate?" Zach easily noticed that Nazareno's voice had become colder, more irritated."No," Zelda said quickly. She could feel the hostility as well. "My parents were. My dad sent me to World City when the Skeleton Pirate War took my mother's life. He died in that war not long afterwards.""Hmm," Nazareno murmured, smashing his sword against Zelda's more aggressively than before. The crowd could hear the swords crack roughly. "Rather interesting you should now be training under a ninja."Zach could see where Nazareno was coming from. There was a well-known rivalry between Pirates and Ninjas, both on the LEGO Planet and elsewhere. Captain Brickbeard had started a rivalry between his pirate crew and the ninjas of this planet in the previous year and often had clashed. Elsewhere, he was aware of conflicts between Ninjas and Pirates in the Nexus System. It was clear from Nazareno's change of tone and aggressiveness that he did not hold pirates very highly."Yeah," Zelda said softly, quickly swinging up her sword to block a blow to her chest. "I don't think you should hold my upraising against me though. I dropped any dream of being a pirate long ago."Nazareno blinked once. "Of course. My apologies." He bowed his head once before striking against Zelda again. "I had a rather...unfortunate meeting with several pirates once. Despite my training, I have not quite learned to let go just yet." He swung his sword upward, knocking Zelda's back. He then swung his foot out, clipping her knees. Zelda swore softly as she fell to the ground."You really take any opening you get," Zelda mused as she quickly climbed back to her feet and blocked Nazareno's sword again. "Even if you have to make one.""A certain evolution I was forced to undergo," Nazareno said calmly, but Zach could see the fire return to his eyes. "I once preferred a more civilized, perhaps honorable fighting style. However, I was forced to change style after nearly being killed.""By who?" Zelda asked curiously as she tapped the flat side of her blade on Nazareno's wrist. He grunted and quickly tossed his sword into his other hand and continued the fight."A nasty individual named Matthew Vherestorm. An extremely feared assassin and terrorist throughout the LEGO Universe. He was less known here, but he still completed a job here once or twice. He was cold, arrogant, and you definitely didn't want to get on his wrong side. He worked with a wide collection of scoundrels, from small-time thugs in the back alleys of Sector 6 to dangerous work with high-class individuals such as Silencia Venomosa herself. His only redeeming feature was that he was exceptionally polite, no matter what he was doing.""So, I assume you know him well?" Zelda said, her eyes widened at this lengthy description. Nazareno nodded solemnly and kicked Zelda in the stomach, knocking her back."I became tasked with taking him down. You could say it grew into an obsession between the both of us. He toyed with me, I toyed with him. He'd intentional lead me places just so we could talk. Almost always ended with fighting with no victor. He, I would say, was my most fearsome and worthy opponent."And so Vherestorm was pulling of a hijacking stunt against an Explorien operation on Mondo II. I confronted him and, to say the least, it was fierce. A battle that took a us through the facility that was slowly and surely running out of oxygen thanks to Vherestorm. I was critically wounded by him after he used an underhanded tactic to defeat. He escaped and left me to die in a near-empty oxygenless building. If I had not been found by the Space Police a few moments later, I would have perished."The crowd was dead silent at this point. Zelda and Nazareno's fight continued despite this. "Realizing I could not allow such an incident to happen again, I adjusted my style to better deal with Vherestorm and cowardly thugs who dared to challenge me.""Did you ever catch this...Matthew Vherestorm?" Zelda asked."Unfortunately, no. He disappeared abruptly in 2007 and not a word has been heard from him since. I've checked out other incidents, thinking he may be using a different alias. Nothing. Every lead I had did not resemble Vherestorm in the slightest and if they had, their fighting skills were nothing compared to Vherestorm's skill with a katana."Zach watched as Nazareno smashed his sword upon Zelda's, destroying his own. It was interesting. He had never even thought about Nazareno's backstory. It sounded fascinating, to say the least. Vherestorm...I've heard that name from somewhere. Probably in the news. He continued to muse on Nazareno's recently-revealed background as he watched the ninja in question go against a sword-weilding Zelda without a weapon of his own.

IC: "I don't see it," replied Crusher. "You sure about this?""I don't know," replied Pierce. "All I know is what Medic mentioned. I was hoping maybe we could figure out the tools but at this point I can't make heads or tails of his brain."Pierce started to put aside his scalpel and stepped down from the table as Wade lowered Medic's body. "What's going on in here?" Said a voice from behind. Pierce looked up to see a strange man in a fedora."My name's Bogart," said the man. "Private Detective. I'm here to investigate the murders that have been taking place. You are-""Alan Pierce," replied Pierce. "I take it your friend here was one of the victims," replied Bogart. "More or less," replied Pierce. "Any idea who did it?""That's what we were trying to work out," replied Pierce. "The man here, Luzwheit talked about some process by which he could project the last things a victim saw. I was hoping to figure it out but we couldn't."Do you have anything that could be useful?" Asked Bogart. "We do have one thing," replied Pierce. "There was recording of his last few minutes. I don't know how much use it will be to you but I can play it anyway.""Alright," replied Bogart. "Let's give it a listen."

OOC: *slow clap* Excellent twist there, PeabodySam. Though I kinda spoiled it for myself when I jumped to this page and immediately saw Atton's post at the top. No real harm done, though.IC: it hadn't changed at all, physically.The injection needle, the one Andrew was positive had been used on Claw so many months ago, had sat in his closet gathering dust and a bit of ash ever since he came back from LEGO Island and found it. He had been led to it by those dreams, those strange dreams which seemed to spring up irregularly and vaguely about past, present, future, and a whole bunch of things he couldn't begin to understand.Andrew held it in his hand, having stopped by his room to finally do something with it.It was weird, how things had gone since he had last touched it. First there was the bring-up of the DNA Device, that thing that had been connected to Reptile's history that had seemed to be related to his own goals, but had turned out not so. In retrospect, Andrew couldn't really understand how he could've envisioned somehow finding a way to work it, though he supposed if things had worked out differently, an opportunity would've opened somehow. Fate had a way of doing that with Dino Attack.Then there was the factor of the Maelstrom. A curious thing, that was. Andrew had gotten the idea it could've been used to power the DNA Device or some other form of transfiguration, but after some time and fantasy dreaming, it had hit him during the fortress "infiltration" of the gravity of the situation. Trying to use the Maelstrom for one's own desires was pretty much how the Mutant Dino war started, and it was clear to him then that if he continued on his path, he'd likely end up in a position far, far, far from his desired one.And then came the a strike of irony and an opening through the looking glass. One of his comrades, a fellow LEGO Islander, no doubt, gets ensnared by the Maelstrom and becomes a highly notable figure in the then-emerging new enemy force. The image of his plain, spectacle-wearing, red-headed face getting tainted by red eyes, purple hair, and an arm fused to a gun was like a gross mockery of what Andrew had wanted to do... and what he might've become. That alone was plenty of motivation to join Minerva in saving him.The moment where that other Stromling Zach had been with (What was his name? Alma? Omaha?) tried to take his mind had been a little enlightening, though also a little confusing. He supposed the important thing that had come out of that was that he had finally convinced himself (and his "consciousness" or whatever) of the importance of not getting distracted by desire and focusing on the task at hand. And that he might want to look a bit more into this after the war if he wanted to understand these freaky "desires" better. And that he might be involved with some weird interests in his future.And now came one last factor. Pterisa, the Minifig/Mutant Pterosaur hybrid who showed up out of nowhere at the Maelstrom temple. First hiding her identity under the veil and helmet of a strong lightning-shooting samurai, her reveal had shown not only her form, but her concerns with being accepted among standard Minifigs, displayed dramatically by her nervous breakdown.Andrew had never really thought about how, if he had managed to acquire physical changes, he would go about trying to return to her daily life. Thinking about it more did bring about both many practical concerns about his living arrangements and social concerns about how others might take it. True, it was silly in this day and age to think scientists would drag you into a dark room to be dissected, but there were legitimate concerns to be had about how others might treat you, based on whatever fears or prejudices they might have.He supposed now that helping Pterisa now with her semi-formal entry into Dino Attack as an ally to the cause was a reflection of his desire to ensure the best acceptance she could get into the team. The more he could do to help her ease into the normal environment of Dino Attack, and the more he could ensure others wouldn't be treating her with hostility or extreme refusal, the more he could put those concerns about non-Minifig acceptance to rest.So what did all this have to do with the needle? Simple. The needle he was holding represented who he had been before Adventurer's Island. What his goals were and how he was planning things. It was quite similiar, yet quite different from who he was now. And now it was time to take care of that.After one last look, Andrew looked at the trash bin in his room and tossed the needle in there. It clanged on the interior side and landed on some papers he had tossed a while back when he first arrived.Technically not the best disposal method, Andrew thought, but it serves well for symbolism purposes.And with that, Andrew left the room and headed for the Recreation Room. He had told Laxus and Pterisa he would meet them there after handling his business in here, and he was anxious to get down there. He had something in mind, and it involved the Dino Cop box set some agent had left in the Recreation room recently.

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

IC: "It iz a very simple process. Vat ve are going to do is extract ze memories from his brain. We just got to locate ze memory cells, zen we can put needles into hiz eyes to project the last memory onto a screen. First, I vil take ze bonesaw, let me just check- oh yes, zis iz nice and shiny.""That's him?" Bogart asked, motioning towards Medic's body. Pierce nodded.“Ivan, you are an exzellent comrade und a great vriend, but you are tired und veary. You don’t have to ztay iv you don’t vant to. Vy don’t you get zome rezt?”“I vant to be here, Dietrich. Engineer is dead. I do not vant to see you dead either.”“I underztand your conzernz. But, do not vorget zat I can devend myzelv should I be in danger. Remember zat one Hybrid in Gold Zity?”“Perhaps late-night snack vill help me stay avake. I vill be back… vith sandvich.” "Now, to begin ze operation," Medic said to himself. 'Ve start by cutting ze patient's skull-"They very faintly heard the door opening once again, and very faint thud."Vat is zis?" Medic asked. "You're next."In the next few minutes, they were unable to make much of what they heard. There was a brief clinging noise, as though Medic had hit something metal with his bonesaw. Then here was Luzwheit's final words; "Nein! It cannot be!"There was a moment of silence, only accompanied by a loud thud as presumably Luzwheit hit the operating table for landing on the ground.“Anyvay, sandvich is great! So moist and del-”"MEDIC!" There was a momentary pause before Ivan was heard shouting "NO!"Ivan could be heard crying softly before he shouted a familiar sentence. "HELP! MEDIC IS DEAD!"After a few seconds, Pierce heard his own voice. "What happened?""Calm down," replied Pierce. "Let me take a look at him.""Slashed throat." Pierce muttered. "Looks like someone didn't want him to do that autopsy.""What happened?" Maria's asked in her distinctive southern accent."I just vent to get sanvich," replied Heavy. "I come back and Medic is dead!""We got to act fast," said Angel Eyes. "Somebody's picking us off one by one, and I think I know who it is.""Who?" Asked Pierce."The less you know the better," replied Angel Eyes. "The important thing that we got to be prepared for the next murder. Maria, I need you to go to the mess hall, anywhere else and get everybody from the Second Headquarters Squad to meet up there. Heavy, you go with her.""I go with little lady?" Ivan asked"Yes," replied Maria. "Come on."At that moment, the tape came to sudden stop. "Interesting," said Bogart, removing a pack of cigarettes from his pocket. "You mind if I smoke?""Yes, actually," replied Pierce. "This is a hospital."Bogart sighed and put the cigarettes back in his pocket. "He said "Nein, it couldn't be,"" Bogart said. "From that shocked reaction it would be logical to assume that whoever did this was someone he knew well, someone who would be the last person we'd suspect of committing the murder.""That explains a lot," replied Crusher sarcastically."There is one other piece of evidence," replied Bogart. He produced the bloody knife from his pocket. "One of your teammates found this lodged into the back of one of the murder victims. Do any of you recognize it?"Pierce took the knife and looked it over before handing it back to Bogart. "Never seen it before.""This knife must have belonged to someone, someone who knew how to stab a man in the back. Now tell me something, if you knew anyone on this team could be the Mole, who would be the last person you'd expect?"Pierce and the other doctors took a moment to think about it. "I don't know," replied Pierce.

Edited by Atton Rand

OOC:Would that sudden reasoning be allowed, Atton? It just seems g-moddy to me.
OOC: First, I'm just being realistic. As a Private Detective, it's Bogart's job to look at the evidence and come to a logical conclusion. Also, PeabodySam seemed to heavily imply that it was Specs (and by "heavily imply" I mean he outright stated it).

OOC: Forget laptops, PeaSam, I flipped my whole desk. Or I might have, if I hadn't already had the inkling of an idea that just maybe you're crazy enough to pull something like that. :P Now I just want to know what the deal was with those long-distance phone calls Scout was making from Gold City...Atton, I have to agree with avmatoran; your IC strikes me as decidedly unrealistic. It seems to me that the person running the team would be so far above everyone's suspicions that he wouldn't even cross anyone's mind as a possibility. Someone like Rex or Hotwire or Andrew would be more likely to fall last on the list of People They'd Expect, but the founding members probably wouldn't have been on that list at all. PeaSam may have stated it outright, but he stated it to us, not to Bogart and Pierce, so having them figure it out so quickly is nothing more than metagaming. Characters oughtn't be able to see beyond the fourth wall like that.

Edited by Jackson Lake

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

Atton, I have to agree with avmatoran; your IC strikes me as decidedly unrealistic. It seems to me that the person running the team would be so far above everyone's suspicions that he wouldn't even cross anyone's mind as a possibility. Someone like Rex or Hotwire or Andrew would be more likely to fall last on the list of People They'd Expect, but the founding members probably wouldn't have been on that list at all. PeaSam may have stated it outright, but he stated it to us, not to Bogart and Pierce, so having them figure it out so quickly is nothing more than metagaming. Characters oughtn't be able to see beyond the fourth wall like that.
OOC: Actually now that I think about it, the Medics probably wouldn't even really have a list of anybody. Then of course there's also the slight possibility that Rex was mistaken. I've just fixed it.

OOC: I agree with Jackson. Though if I may add one other thing...Atton, just take a few deep breaths and a sip from your favorite drink. I understand that the Second Headquarters Squad dropping like flies is hard for you, but understand that its part of the overall developing story for the finale. Whatever's going on with Specs appearing to be the traitor will be explained and whatever injustice is going on will likely be punished on its own time. While it's good to see you care about these characters, its not necessarily our job to address everything that goes wrong.And I understand you like bringing in realistic factors of investigation and time passage and all that jazz. But understand that when writing good stories, sometimes realism becomes a lower priority, and that contrived coincidence is going to be brought in to keep the story on track. Besides, this is a LEGO Universe we're talking about. We have an entity of purple stuff trying to spread chaos everywhere, "creative sparks" existing in every Minifig's body, space travel and alien life being commonplace, an island that can be completely deconstructed into bricks that fly into a big portal in the sky, and of course, an entire planet being overrun by mutated dinosaurs being produced by one madman and his organization of mad scientists on one island through what were supposed to be secretive means.

OOC: I agree with Jackson. Though if I may add one other thing...Atton, just take a few deep breaths and a sip from your favorite drink. I understand that the Second Headquarters Squad dropping like flies is hard for you, but understand that its part of the overall developing story for the finale. Whatever's going on with Specs appearing to be the traitor will be explained and whatever injustice is going on will likely be punished on its own time. While it's good to see you care about these characters, its not necessarily our job to address everything that goes wrong.And I understand you like bringing in realistic factors of investigation and time passage and all that jazz. But understand that when writing good stories, sometimes realism becomes a lower priority, and that contrived coincidence is going to be brought in to keep the story on track. Besides, this is a LEGO Universe we're talking about. We have an entity of purple stuff trying to spread chaos everywhere, "creative sparks" existing in every Minifig's body, space travel and alien life being commonplace, an island that can be completely deconstructed into bricks that fly into a big portal in the sky, and of course, an entire planet being overrun by mutated dinosaurs being produced by one madman and his organization of mad scientists on one island through what were supposed to be secretive means.
OOC: I think I sort of get what you're saying. It's just that for me I think keeping certain things semi-realistic at least just makes it a bit more believable. That's all. Logically with all these murders going around, it kinda made sense someone would get a detective on the scene, hence the reason why I brought in Bogart. By the way, I'd always intended Bogart to be someone who could be used by anyone. If anyone would like to meet with him it's perfectly okay with me. Edited by Atton Rand

OOC: I'll just go out and say I agree with Andrewnuva's points.I finally saw "Escape from New York", Atton. Quite a movie and I know have a better idea of Snake's character.I have an IC idea involving Vinyaya being apart of the agents that find Rex and the deceased SHS but since my Internet is completely gone and I'm being forced to type this with my mother's 3G tablet, it will have to wait. Until a solution comes up, I kindly request that you don't post, PeabodySam (unless you're typing an IC right now, of course).

OOC: Atton- Oh, certainly there should be some degree of realism in terms of human behavior and so forth, and of course bringing in a detective when people get killed under mysterious circumstances does make perfect sense. The only objectionable bit was the detective solving the matter in seconds. So I guess we have an understanding now. All's well that ends well?And now I must catch up with all of my characters at once. That's what I get for not posting in so long, I guess.IC: As Trigger finished his phone call, Shiller muttered "Ya think that counts as funny business?""I dunno," Wright replied quietly. "I think we can let that slide unless this Montoya guy actually shows up in person for a killing spree." They followed a short distance behind Trigger as he stalked away from the telephone, hanging back far enough to grant the mercenary his personal space, but, true to their word, never letting him out of their sight. He shot them glares occasionally, which Shiller answered with a sarcastic salute, or a smile and wave.Wright snickered and sharply jabbed Shiller in the ribs with her elbow. "Stop it, you'll just make him madder," she whispered."I don't think that's possible," Shiller whispered back, punching her shoulder.------------------------Loop crept through the halls of the DAHQ, expertly avoiding most attention. Sneaking about, however, would attract the attention of any security cameras, so he was forced to appear nonchalant. His third eye was beginning to itch. Not for the first time, he cursed the superfluous visual organ -- an accidental development, but one that Cane had decided to keep for the menacing appearance it provided, or so the explanation had gone -- and resisted the compulsion to pull off the strip of cloth he'd tied around his forehead to conceal it. He got a few odd looks from passing agents, but this owed mostly to his torn and ragged black uniform, which was fortunately in enough disarray that none of the passersby realized at a glance that it was not the uniform of the DINO team. Even more fortunate was the fact that he did not run across anyone who would have recognized him.He was also able to quickly ascertain the dire situation which now engulfed almost the entire headquarters. Loop grinned slightly -- this could be advantageous...He soon reached the barracks and located an empty room, moving quickly to one of the closets. Time for a wardrobe change.------------------------Hotwire was familiar enough with Shiller's tenacity to be certain that the man would follow Trigger like they were chained together, and from the impression he'd gotten of Wright, he felt pretty certain he could say the same of her. He chuckled slightly. Those two are too perfect together.So...no worries on that front. The only other matter of concern at the moment was the Second Headquarters Squad, and the identity of the killer who was hunting them down. After finally retrieving his crutch from the mess hall, he asked around concerning the location of the various remaining members of the squad, and then headed in the direction of the 'safe room.' As he approached, he saw Amanda, Greybeard, Frozeen, and Vinyaya rushing toward the broken doorway...out of which was billowing thick, black smoke. He hurried over and joined the group."Any idea what happened here?" he asked the Space Police officer.Vinyaya gave him a grim look. "Nothing good, that's all I can tell." Amanda led the way into the room, and a shocking scene met the eyes of the agents present.------------------------Helm walked through the corridors in a daze, eventually reaching the rec room. Larson was sprawled in a chair, draining a coffee mug and flipping through the news broadcasts from Antarcica on the television. He glanced over as Helm walked in. "Morning. You found Jason yet?"Helm fought to keep his voice steady. "He's -- I'd...rather not talk about it now." He sat down heavily on another chair, off in the corner, staring at the floor."Oh...I'm sorry..." the pilot responded awkwardly. He glanced down at his empty coffee cup, then got up and walked out of the room, nodding as Andrew entered.------------------------"Excuse me? I think I might know who the mole is."Bogart and Pierce both turned at the new voice. A DA agent stood behind them, having somehow entered without them or any of the other doctors and medics noticing. The agent wore a grey bandanna on his head, pulled all the way down to his eyebrows."Who are you?" the detective demanded."Standard Agent Spiral," the minifig said, with only a moment's hesitation."Talk," said Bogart. "I need a lead, and I'll take any help I can get."------------------------Though his face didn't betray it, Mort was engulfed by inner conflict. The man who'd been his best friend for years was back from the dead...as the very thing they both had once sworn to destroy. He stared at the drone through the two-way mirror of the interrogation room; his identity had indeed been determined.It was, of course, completely impossible for Swerve's face to betray any emotion at all, but he'd begun to feel that same conflict himself as his memories returned, as well as many of the same puzzling questions that had occurred to Mort immediately. How can I remember any of this? That's just not how Ogel drones work. He glanced over at the mirror on the wall and, for the first time, experienced a wave of revulsion at his own appearance. He tore off the black cap affixed to his head and tossed it away in disgust, covering his face with his skeletal hands. I hope the DA uniforms include masks or hoods or something.------------------------Katerina entered the mess hall. She sent Wolfgang to fetch some food and sat down at at table with Rainer on her left, and lay her ShadowTech uniform's jacket across the seat to her right. She looked up and noticed a man in a dark suit, beige trenchcoat, and fedora walking quickly towards her table. "May I help you?" she said evenly as he sat down across from her."Katerina Schattenberg?" the man said, flashing a badge at her. "The name's Bogart. I'd like a word with you. I'm told you may know quite a bit about the strange deaths that have been occurring this morning..." Katerina's attention drifted over to an agent who'd entered behind Bogart, and now stood in the doorway watching her. He looked familiar...impossibly familiar.It cannot be, she thought. He fell on Adventurers' Island. Still...that grey bandanna concealed his entire forehead, and you never knew what could be underneath.... The agent noticed her watching and gave her a grin and a wink. And then she noticed that Bogart was looking at her impatiently. "Excuse me?" she said.The detective sighed. "I said, what do you know about the strange deaths that have been happening? I've been informed you may have...extra knowledge on this matter, so choose your words carefully."

Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC: What I believe Andrewnuva is trying to say, Atton, is that there is little point in trying to maintain a sense of believability in a universe where believability is tossed out the window. Dino Attack RPG relies on "Willing Suspension of Disbelief", not "Semi-Believability".Also, glad to see some resolution on the fate of that injection needle, Andrewnuva. I was wondering about that.Okay, Brikman. I've already got a little something written up for when Rex regains consciousness in the Dino Attack hospital wing, but it takes place as long as a few hours later, so I'll give you some time to get that IC in. I left it open as to who it was coming into the room on purpose so that others like you could join in, but I figured that I'd let you know in advance that Amanda, Frozeen, and Greybeard were among the ones who came in.Since there seems to be some question over Scout's shady phone call, I suppose I can reveal the other half of the conversation now:

“Yo, wassup?”“Hi, Bob, dear. It’s just me, your mother, again.”"Yeah?”“So, what are you boys up to at Gold City now?”“Look, ya keep callin' me and askin' for updates. And I keep tellin' ya, it's the same thing! Ya listenin'?”“Of course I’m listening, dear. Can you blame me for being worried sick about my boy being out in the desert fighting mutant dinosaurs and those other freaks? Now, spill.”“Okay, look, the Second Headquarters Squad is making steady progress against the Hybrids, and we now know that the Hybrids are stationed at Fort Legoredo. We're bombin' the place, and unless the XERRD folks over at Dino Island Laboratory decide to help out the Hybrids, it's a victory for Dino Attack Team. Got it?”“It sounds like you boys are doing some hard work up there. But really? Bombing Fort Legoredo? That’s a national monument; what sort of message will Dino Attack Team send out by bombing it?”“Yeah, send a message to Dr. Rex tellin' him he sucks. I want to see him do better!”“Now, watch it, dear. I don’t want you getting in over your head and messing it up for your teammates, okay?”“No, no, I ain't gonna do anythin' stupid and compromise the mission. I'm just sayin'...”“I haven’t forgotten about that one time that you and your brothers were playing basketball…”“Look...”“Yes, yes. I know. I’m just an old lady recalling anecdotes that you’ve probably heard me relate about a thousand times. Now, is there anything else?”“Oh, I forgot to tell you. Dino Attack Team knows there's a mole, and they're gonna whack...”“A mole? Huh. If you father was there, he would know what to do. But listen, Bob; stay out of the way. I don’t want you brought home in a box, got it?”“Don't worry, I got this under control, I'll be safe!”“Promise? I love you.”“Okay, see ya."

See the importance of context? That's what we call a Red Herring.Also, I can also say that I recently rewatched Iron Man... and this time, I didn't see Faran Tahir playing Raza... I saw Faran Tahir playing Dust.IC: Silencia Venomosa watched from the shadows as Scorsese and Orange disabled the security systems of Dacta Corporation. Since it was in her style to leave very little information for the authorities to track her down by, she let them do their job. Then, she would do her own job.She had recorded all information she could gather regarding the heist on Dacta, then sent it over to Edward Korrupte. He responded in a long letter that, to anyone else, would seem professional and emotionless. Venomosa, on the other hand, had dealt with corporate executives before, and her keen eyes could make out the slight nuances and tiny hints in his message that betrayed a barely-controlled fury. As she had anticipated, Korrupte was far more than merely displeased that Mindstorms was sending mercenaries to steal his blueprints, and that was just enough to push him over the edge.In her message to Korrupte, Silencia Venomosa also included a note about making sure that Ursula Bennett stayed in the building during the heist. In Korrupte's letter, he revealed that he was hesitant, but if Venomosa wished it, he felt it was wise not to interfere. What Venomosa did not tell Korrupte was that Bennett would most likely not survive the night, but Venomosa did not care; Bennett was a loose end, and this seemed like the perfect "accident" to kill her off.The last sentence of Korrupte's letter was what filled Silencia Venomosa with sadistic anticipation: "Do what you must." In layman's terms, that was how a CEO tells an assassin such as Silencia Venomosa to "Kill everyone."Already, Silencia Venomosa was formulating a plan in her head on how she would assassinate the president of Mindstorms, Inc. With such a huge name as Mindstorms, she did not want to pass up the opportunity on creating an assassination that would be remembered for years to come. She considered the ways in which the president would try to protect himself. For that, she already had a very special idea. But how to actually kill him? That would require some thought.At last, Scorsese and Orange finished their work and disabled the security systems. They turned to reunite with the main group. Schiess's voice came in through Scorsese's radio: "Scorsese, where are you?"Silencia Venomosa chose that moment to strike. Silently, she slipped out from the shadows, creeping up on her two targets. She pulled out her trusty knife, ready to end their lives and quickly.Scorsese picked up his radio. "We're working our way up to-" he began.Just then, Venomosa grabbed Orange from behind, clamping one hand over his mouth. She felt him tense against her body and struggled against her grip, but she was too quick. In one swift action, she slit Orange's throat and dropped his body to the floor."Oh Znap!" cried out Scorsese, who stared wide-eyed at Silencia Venomosa.Disappointed, Venomosa mused on the fact that Scorsese wasted his reaction time with words, not actions. Before Scorsese could say anything more, Venomosa delivered a kick that knocked him to the floor. His radio slid across the floor, just out his reach.Cursing, Scorsese reached for the radio, but Venomosa stepped on his hand. He cried out in pain and, finally deciding to actually do something, pulled out his gun. Silencia Venomosa was slightly amused by this pitiful threat as she simply knocked the weapon out of his hands and plunged her knife into his abdomen. Scorsese's life came to an abrupt end.Venomosa heard Schiess's voice on the radio shouting. "Scorsese, Orange. Are you there? SCORSESE! ORANGE! ZNAP IT!" While Schiess cursed, Silencia Venomosa dragged away the bodies of Orange and Scorsese. In her previous visit to Dacta Corporation, she made a note of where she could hide corpses without anyone noticing for days; she remembered one time, back when she was just a rookie, where she made the mistake of hiding bodies in a utility closet, just like she had seen in the movies. It turned out that the police had also seen those movies, and the utility closet was the first place they checked. Until she could dispose of these bodies properly, she had to hide them in a better place.Two down, five to go. Just another Tuesday, mused Silencia Venomosa.After hiding the corpses of Orange and Scorsese where no one would find them, Silencia Venomosa started after the rest of her group. She internally debated whether it would be wiser to maintain the facade that they were on the same side or, as she had done with Orange and Scorsese, just ambush and kill them. She decided that, if she ran into any lone stragglers, she would just kill them on the spot. If she ran into the whole group, she would play innocent... and maybe, when they weren't looking, release a toxic gas and kill them all in one swift stroke.As Silencia Venomosa considered the possibility of poisons, she suddenly knew exactly how she would kill the president of Mindstorms, Inc. It was a new idea she recently developed... a horrible, sadistic, malicious idea that she could not wait to use. It was also a literary idea, quite beautifully inspired by a passing line in the poem Snake by D.H. Lawrence.Yes. It would be the perfect death for the corporate head of Mindstorms, Inc.

OOC: Well yes, I could tell from the beginning that Scout was a red herring, as I think I may have mentioned previously. What I was actually asking was whom he was calling, but now you've answered that too. And what an answer :lol:

Just another Tuesday, mused Silencia Venomosa.
I think I can guess how that'll play into the eventual Trigger/Amanda confrontation....And I've edited my previous IC now that I have more knowledge concerning which agents were entering the safe room. Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

IC: Vinyaya coughed as smoke began to clear out. She had been searching for Specs when she heard panicked screams coming from this hallway. More agents arrived after hearing the screams. Even as the smoke drifted into the hallway, Vinyaya could clearly see a body laying outside of the room. Vinyaya slowly approached the facedown body and flipped it over. It was agent Scout with several bullet holes in his chest.Vinyaya frowned as she raised her head. "Any idea what happened here?" she heard Hotwire ask her. She turned to him."Nothing good, that's all I can tell," she said grimly. She started walking into the room and, despite years of dealing with incidents such as this, she was still gasped.Four people laid most certainly laid dead in this room. Agents Heavy, Soldier, and Sniper were obvious to pick out with bullet and knife wounds on their bodies. The headless man wearing a suit was harder to identify, but she figured he was the agent called Spy who was also a member of the Second Headquarters Squad. Elite Agent Rex also laid on the floor, away from his wheelchair.Agent Claw pushed past Vinyaya and ran to Rex's side. A few seconds later, Claw turned to the rest of the group. "He's still alive. He's just unconscious." She sounded extremely relieved."Then he may know who this infiltrator is," Vinyaya said with a hint of triumphant. "Get him to the hospital wing. Right now, he's our best chance finding this killer." Claw, with the help of Greybeard, got Rex back into his wheelchair and she started pushing him out of the room.As she watched him leave, a sudden thought occurred to Vinyaya that Rex could have possibly been the one who killed the members of the Second Headquarters Squad. It was unlikely, but why would the mole kill everyone else and leave Rex alive?"I've got a bad feeling about this," Vinyaya muttered. She turned back to the group of agents. "Someone go with Claw and Rex and keep guard. This mole may try to tie up some loose end." At this, Alpha Team agent Frozeen nodded to Vinyaya before turning and leaving the room as well.Vinyaya walked through the bodies and approached the headless corpse of Jim Covalent. Curious. While the rest of the victims' deaths were as clean as you could get being stabbed or shot, Spy's head was blown up. She wasn't sure how this factored into anything, but was kept the thought in the back of her head."How many be left of the Second Headquarters Squad?" Greybeard asked."Engineer was the first one killed. I believe Medic was killed shortly afterwards while trying to preform an autopsy," Vinyaya said."So Pyro and Demoman are the only ones left," Hotwire finished."Definitely a sad site to see," Vinyaya mused. "The nine of them took back Gold City with no casualties on their side at all. Such a cruel fate to come back to celebrate their astounding victory only to be picked off one by one by an infiltrator." Hotwire nodded in agreement.Vinyaya turned to two other agents in the background. "Go to the hospital wing and get some stretchers. We need to take these bodies to their for further analysis." Wordlessly, the two agents nodded and departed the room as well.

iC:Commander Pharisee was build like an ox. He stood 6’9 and mussel covered every inch of his body. He was the image of peak physical shape and saw himself as a profit of the law.Pharisee prided himself in his lack of empathy. Empathy leads to weakness and weakness was unacceptable when fighting his sacred battle against injustice in the organization he had pledge to serve and defend.As the new head of D.I.N.O internal affairs it was his job to stop and punish troublemakers and traitors within the unit. With the thousands of agents currently working in the D.A it was no surprise that many where crooked and came from questionable amoral backgrounds. Pharisee believed that dangerous men on the inside where the biggest danger to the success of the mission and the safety of the planet.It was under his own piety that he dedicated his mission. The feelings and emotions that drove the men he hunted mattered nothing to Pharisee. He had developed immunity to sob stories of his foes. Their reasons mattered nothing in the face of his code.One of the problems with his line of work was mystery surrounding the agents he investigated. Instead of performing the work himself Digger had handed of the task of investigating Amanda Claw and Trigger to Pharisee.Agent Remous had a file at the headquarters. It provided a relatively extensive history of the woman known as Claw dating back to her childhood in Lego Town. It told of a girl and her brother Roger who where kidnapped by a criminal by the name of Bricassius. Bricassius had tortured the children until they told him how to access the family fortune. The criminal killed her parents and the butler before steeling everything they had. As a result Ms. Remous became a selective mute.It was here that all history of Amanda disappeared. The woman seemed to have the vanished from the world for the next decade and she did not reappear in till the Dino attack in 2010. This concerned Pharisee. People don’t just disappear and usually evidence can be found unless someone is actively hiding it.It was unclear whether it was agent Claw or another shady individual keeping the secrets but Pharisee intended to find out. Digger had instructed him to research the terrorist named Silencia Venimosa and a quick google search revealed that the woman had been behind a number of acts of violence including a hospital fire and a gruesome incident at mindstorms. Checking the time frame of Venimosa’s activity, Pharisee was surprised to find they correlated with Ms. Remous absence.This was hardly a coincidence, during Venimosa’s career the criminal Bricassius had also been murdered in his home. Pharisee suspected the woman might have taken her newfound infamousy to get close to the kingpin and take revenge.Off course this was all circumstance. Pharisee would need more evidence if he hopped to make an arrest.He placed Remous’s file aside and opened the next report on his desk. Standard agent Snake was a criminal who had already assaulted another member of the team. The man had a short fuse and appeared to only be involved with the D.A. for his own personal reasons.Pharisee did not approve of a convict on the team, particularly an unrepentant one. His tolerance of men like Snake was nonexistent and their disregard for society and the code of conduct was unwelcome.The commander did not care about Snake’s reasons for robbing that bank. He would not care if it were to buy medicine for his dying mother. There needed to be retribution paid and on no circumstances would he consider the D.A as a get out a jail free for all.This was not an attempt to atone for his crimes and help the world. It was an act of cowardice to escape the punishment he disserved. He would not allow men like Snake to attack D.A agents and get away with it.In addition there was the man known only as Trigger. His real name was unknown but based on what research Pharisee could recover he had also used the alias Schiess. Trigger had had dealings with Venimosa in the past and left a trail of bodies in his wake. He had already attacked agent Claw once and reports had it that he threatened to kill her as well.In addition, there was a great amount of mystic around Trigger’s past. The commander hated secrets, especially those being kept by the lowest levels of society like him. Trigger was undoubtedly dangerous and a rouge. Without respect for the unit and the law as a whole there could be no peace for upstanding.Trigger was a disgrace and Pharisee vowed to make an example of him and Snake. After the two convicts where locked in the cell there could be order.He would then move on to Sarah Bishop. True, she may have had a bone to pick with Rotor but her motivation was irrelevant. Mrs. Bishop was not a member of the D.A, neither was Trigger, but that did not take them out of Pharisee’s personal jurisdiction. They would need to repent for there acts of dissidence.Pharisee’s methods were to pay violence on to violence. If they choose to not go willingly he would pay onto them a reckoning beyond their wildest comprehension. Pharisee would turn the chaos that thrived within the souls of these men into order. And there would be peace.As head of internal affairs he would make these agents work together and respect the book. Only they could they succeed. Commander Pharisee was a righteous man and this was his sacred mission. His will be done.

I give you Pharisee, the character is a slight combination of Samuel L. Jackson's character in Pulp Fiction and Denzel Washington's in the Book of Eli. I don't know how far I can go with the bad@#$ bible quoting I hope to use so I expect to walk on thin ice in the future.To spite his terrifying portrayal , Pharisee is a good guy. Just know that the law is all that guides him and he is devoid of empathy toward the perpetrators. He cares about the safety of the team and will stop at nothing to make assailants like Trigger pay for there crimes. As head of internal affairs you can expect him to become involved with the murder investigations very soon.

Edited by that guy from that show

That is all

OOC: Sounds like an interesting guy, that guy. I can kinda see parallels of how Rockford went through his process of grilling Dust about his past and motivation.And now for something completely different.IC: Entering the recreation room, Andrew immediately spotted Pterisa and Laxus (they weren't hard to miss, admitedly) near the pool table. Laxus was appearently teaching the hybrid a thing or two about the game, and was helping her to hold the stick right to hit the white ball. After a few seconds, he moved his arms away and let her take a shot. She awkward thrust the stick through her fingers and hit the ball strong enough to make it nearly bounce off the table as it hit the triangle of various other balls. The back 8-Ball ended up immediately flying into the hole opposite of where Pterisa was standing, and she smiled with a sense of accomplishment."Ouch, tough luck," said an observing agent."Wasn't that what I was supposed to be doing though?" she asked. "Hit the one ball to send the others into the holes?""Every one except the 8-ball. I know with seeing it everywhere you might think that's a good thing, like it would get you a nice bonus or something, but actually it's what costs you points and such.""Oh." She looked a little annoyed with herself now."Hey, don't worry about it," Laxus reassured her. "You're just a beginner. You'll get all the rules eventually, just like with any other sport or game.""Yeah, and besides," Andrew said as he walked up, "All that matters really is enjoying yourself. And you were enjoying yourself a moment ago, right?""Well, yes, I was.""Then that's all that matters. Now actually, I was wondering if you two were interested in doing something else. Ever hear of movie riffing?"Pterisa, unsurprisingly, shook her head, and Laxus thought for a moment before shaking as well. "Well," Andrew continued, "it's a little something you can do with a bad movie, some friends, and a good sense of humor. C'mon." Andrew gestured towards the TV, where an agent was tinkering a bit with the TV settings.The odd trio walked over to the TV, and Andrew said to the agent "Hey Joike, that thing looking alright?"The agent turned towards them, showing his high-top haircut and somewhat sleepy look in his face. "Sure, just doing what I can to improve the picture and sound. Apparently all the constant viewing is starting to wear the thing out.""Well, I'm thinking of maybe killing some time by riffing the Dino Cop films. You still have the box set down here?"Joike smiled and crouched down by the storage cabinets. He opened one and produced a box with a T-Rex in a cop hat on the side."Alright!" said Andrew. "Now the fun can really start."Joike handed him the box, which had a surprising bit of weight to it. "You can put a movie in. I just want to go get some popcorn and pizza from the mess hall.""Oh, maybe get some soda packs too!" added Laxus. "All that food could make us thirsty sooner or later.""Good point. I'll be right back." Joike then headed out the room. Andrew pulled the DVDs out the box and quickly located the first film in the series."Joike's a pretty fun average Joe," Andrew said as he took the DVD out and turned on the DVD player. "Really likes his movies. He was working at some institute as just another face in a jumpsuit, doing a good job cleaning up the place, but his bosses didn't like him so they had him shot into space onto a satellite they ran to continue janitor duties there. Allegedly he occupied himself up there for a few years with watching bad movies and riffing on them with the help of some robot friends. He has some pretty interesting stories to tell.""I can believe that," said Laxus. "You need any help getting the TV to DVD mode?""Yeah, I might," Andrew said as he closed the DVD case, the movie now inside. "Check the remote box. Use the black one to change the video source to 'DVD Mode,' the silver one to 'SA-CD/DC'; and the RCX-branded one to 'Objective 4'.""That sounds... rather complicated just to watch a movie," Pterisa observed with a confused look."That's how DVD watching evolved over the years," Andrew said with a shrug as Laxus worked the remotes. "I know what you mean. Back during the VHS years, all you had to do was switch to channel 4 and hit the On button on the machine. Now it's like operating a security system.""Nice comparison," said Laxus, "I know of a few places on the Aero Tube system back on Mars that operate like that." With one final push of a button, the TV finally displayed the main menu for Dino Cop, the theme music playing through the speakers."Alright everyone, we've got everything for movie sign!" said Joike, who now arrived carrying a bowl of popcorn and two boxes of Brickolinis' in one hand, and a twelve-pack box of cola in the other."Ooh, c'est magnifique!" said Laxus as Joike piled everything onto a table in front of the TV."So..." Pterisa said as Andrew and Laxus sat in the couch, and Joike in a nearby chair, "what exactly do you do when you 'riff' a film?""Oh, it's simple," said Joike, cracking open a can of cola. "Just watch the movie, and when you see something that you can come up with a witty remark, comedic misunderstanding, pun, joke or pop-culture reference, just say it out loud. Beats having to just sit there and take the badness of the film in. Push the button, Laxus?""Sure," said Laxus hitting the play button. Finally taking a set besides Andrew on the couch, Pterisa reached for a slice of pizza as the movie began.LEGO STUDIOS PRESENTS, the film began with a deep rumbling of drums and horns."A magnum opus of drama and epic storytell-," Joike said as the text quickly changed to display the title DINO COP. "Oh nevermind, wrong movie.""It sounds like something Barney would call himself if he did an episode on the police," Laxus remarked.Andrew did his best to contain his snickers so as to not disturb the joke-making process, but did end up grinning quite a wide grin. Glancing over to Pterisa, he could see she was grinning slightly as well, though it didn't quite look like she got the Barney joke.This looked like it would be a fun hour and a half.

OOC: This is an interesting new character. I think at this point I should clarify that when I introduced characters like Trigger and Snake I was under the line of thought that the team was in a desperate enough situation that they were pretty much willing to take anyone who could shoot straight, even if that person charged a heavy fee, hence the reason for hiring mercenaries. Still, it is interesting to see someone sharing their thoughts on Snake's potential pardon.IC: "What do we do?" Deniro asked."I don't know," replied Schiess with a very small hint of panic in his voice. "Something's happened to Orange and Scorsese. There's probably nothing we can do for them now. I say we just get the goods and get the znap out of here.""What about her?" Verbal asked, motioning toward Ursula's body. She lay there moaning very weakly.Schiess promptly drew his gun and fired two rounds through her chest, killing her instantly. "Let's go," he said. Schiess quickly pulled out his walkee talkee. "Montoya,""Yeah,""Something's happened. I think Scorsese and Orange might have been found. We're getting out of here.""Gotchya," replied Montoya.Schiess quickly grabbed the briefcase. "Let's get to the stairs," he said. "If we take the elevator they'll be waiting for us at the bottom, plus it's too easy a spot for potential assassins to get to us from on top.""You don't think that Silenci-""It's a possibility," replied Schiess. "It would explain where she went."Schiess turned down the hall and ran toward the staircase, followed by Keaton, Verbal, and Deniro.

OOC: I see what you did there, Andrewnuva...Atton -- Well, that guy did specify that Pharisee is the new head of Internal Affairs, so your scenario may indeed be the case. Of course, now that the team has seen that hiring mercenaries so often leads to infighting, it makes perfect sense that they would bring in someone with Templar levels of Lawful Good oozing from every sinew to clean up their act a bit.IC: Greybeard, Hotwire, and Vinyaya had spent several minutes trying to make sense of the grisly scene in the safe room before the other two agents returned with stretchers. As they prepared to begin loading the corpses, however, the sound of someone clearing their throat came from the shattered doorway, and Agent Mort limped in. "You might benefit from leaving those where they are for the time being. I may be able to glean some details concerning what happened here." The two agents, both rookies by the look of it, nodded and pulled the stretchers back. Mort glanced around the room briefly, and then knelt and began examining each of the bodies more closely. After about a minute of working silently, save for some very quiet muttering, he spoke up again. "Agent Hotwire. I see that whatever deity is in charge of legs has been less kind to you than to me. You have my condolences. Did you find your friend?"Hotwire was so taken aback by the first remark -- unable to figure out if it was sympathy or condescension -- that the question barely registered in his mind. He struggled for a response. "I -- yes, we did. We -- thanks for your help back then, by the way -- we found her. But...things have changed..."Mort waved dismissively in response to Hotwire's gratitude, and when the latter stopped speaking, he responded with "Interesting. A striking parallel to my own recent experiences." He then fell silent. The five DA agents waited expectantly, but he did not speak again.Greybeard leaned towards Hotwire and muttered, "I take it ye be acquainted with this odd fellow?"Hotwire nodded. "He helped B and I pick up Kat's trail after Agent Cane showed up again and captured her." It seemed so long ago; he could hardly believe it had only been about a month.Eventually Mort stood. "Agent Sniper has been dead the longest, but he was not killed here. His corpse was carried in by someone else -- possibly one of the other victims, or by the killer themself. Of those who entered this room alive, Spy died first, then Scout, then Soldier, and lastly Heavy. Two things are out of place. First, Soldier was knocked about quite a bit before he was killed, which would make more sense had he been the final casualty. Second, assuming that your mole is responsible for all this, I don't think Spy was killed by the same individual who killed the others. Weapons powerful enough to explode a man's skull are usually not the preferred fare of infiltrators and assassins. Perhaps Spy was killed by whoever beat Soldier to a pulp; clearly they relish a bit of violence.""Perhaps they were fighting amongst themselves," Vinyaya suggested.Hotwire nodded in agreement. "That has been becoming dangerously commonplace over the past weeks, and today especially."Mort frowned. Such lack of discipline wouldn't be tolerated for even a moment in Alpha Team. Aloud, he said, "Was anyone else present at the time of these killings?""Aye, there was one," Greybeard responded. "Elite Agent Rex. He be alive yet, and they've taken him to the infirmirary.""Good. Hopefullly, if he was conscious at the time, he will be able to tell us how all this happened.""Unless, of course, he is the one responsible." Vinyaya said."Doubtful," said Mort. "Scout was stabbed to death, and Heavy had his throat cut. I understand Scout was known for his speed and agility, so the most likely explanation for his death is that he was taken by surprise. Conversely, it would have taken someone of incredible speed and agility to get close enough to Heavy to slit his throat, given that it appears he was preparing to fire his machine gun when he died. It does not strike me as likely that a cripple would be able to sneak up on someone, nor perform a veritable feat of quickness and athleticism.""That still doesn't explain why Rex was left alive," Vinyaya countered."The killer may have heard you coming, or perhaps they are taunting us," Mort theorized. "Still, I agree that it is somewhat suspicious." He turned to the two Rookie Agents standing by the door with the stretchers. "Go ahead and take them to the mortuary. The autopsies might provide us with more clues." And inwardly, he added, And you can bet your bricks I'll be right there. A distraction like this is exactly what I need.

Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC: Quite an introduction, that guy. I'm interested to see where you take this new character.You know, Andrewnuva, your post reminded me that I was trying to think how to throw in a MST3K reference a few months ago. The only idea I came up (as I didn't dwell on it very long) with was to insert Clayton and Pearl Forrester in somewhere as XERRD scientists.IC:Nazareno scowled slightly. He allowed himself to become distracted and now he was without a weapon. Zelda pointed her sword at him. If he could see under her bandanna, he knew she would be smirking."Confident you can defeat me?" Nazareno asked as they circled each other. Zelda didn't say anything, only raising an eyebrow. He nodded curtly before running at her. Zelda flinched before charging at him, swinging her sword. Nazareno grinned coldly.As he ran, he pushed up with his feet and flew into the air. He landed carefully on Zelda's head with one foot. As soon as his foot touched her hair, he jumped again, landing behind her.Zelda turned sharply on her heel and stared at Nazareno in surprise. Nazareno ran at her again. Changing her strategy, Zelda stayed where she was, sword raised. Nazareno smirked as he jumped again. He kicked the sword out of Zelda's hand, sending it flying behind her. He tried doing a back-flip when someone tugged on his leg, causing him to fall on to the floor.Nazareno's eyes widened in surprise as Zelda stood over him. He aimed a sharp kick at her stomach. She recoiled, but caught the foot in her stomach with her hands. She twisted his foot sharply, causing a popping noise to emit from his ankle. Nazareno blinked back tears of pain and kicked Zelda with his other foot. This time, she stumbled back.Nazareno climbed to feet sourly. He looked at Zelda, who had picked up her sword again. She knew she had weakened him, so she ran at him. As she swung the sword down, Nazareno swung his hand into the flat side of the blade as hard as he could. The wooden sword shattered easily. Zelda ran into him abruptly, unprepared for her blade to break.She backed away from him. "Okay, you wouldn't be able to do that if we were using actual swords."Nazareno prepared to respond when Zelda suddenly punched him in the stomach. Unprepared and the wind knocked out of him, Nazareno doubled over, allowing Zelda to shove his head into the ground. He attempted rise when Zelda placed her foot neatly on his head."I win," she said triumphantly.****************************************Zach, hugging a laptop underneath his arms, returned to Minerva panting. Minerva smiled at him as he sat down. "You just missed Zelda beating Nazareno.""What?" He looked into the ring. Zelda stood over Nazareno, her foot on his head. "Really?""You wanted the laptop," Minerva pointed out. He scowled at her."I want to see what I've missed," he shot back as he flipped open the laptop and opened the Dino Attack Team database. "I would've waited if Zelda was finally going to beat him.""Sucks to be you!" Minerva said, grinning. She punched his arm affectionately, causing him to flinch. He didn't bother punching back. "How are you so sure its already updated?""Trust me," Zach said. "There has to be at least one person on this team who makes sure this thing is updated to the minute." He clicked the search bar to activate it and began typing.

IC: The group crowding around the television hadn't managed to notice Helm, and that was just fine with him. After a few minutes of watching them applying situational wit to Dino Cop, he finally got up and walked out of the rec room.OOC: Okay, I'm mainly posting to let all of you know that I'll be away again until Sunday night, and this time I can pretty much guarantee I'll have no internet access. Atton, feel free to continue the interaction between Bogart and Katerina if you so wish, and please don't forget that Wright and Shiller will probably continue to shadow Trigger until such a time as all this business with the mole is over with. :P that guy, I wouldn't be against Helm having a talk with Saran if such a thing seems plausible to you. Heaven knows he could use some help and empathy right now. Still, if that doesn't work out, don't give it a second thought. Brikman and PeaSam, feel free to keep Mort involved with the autopsies and investigations and all that fancy jazz if you think he'll be at all useful.And I'm out. See y'all in about 96 hours.

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

IC: The group crowding around the television hadn't managed to notice Helm, and that was just fine with him. After a few minutes of watching them applying situational wit to Dino Cop, he finally got up and walked out of the rec room.OOC: Okay, I'm mainly posting to let all of you know that I'll be away again until Sunday night, and this time I can pretty much guarantee I'll have no internet access. Atton, feel free to continue the interaction between Bogart and Katerina if you so wish, and please don't forget that Wright and Shiller will probably continue to shadow Trigger until such a time as all this business with the mole is over with. :P that guy, I wouldn't be against Helm having a talk with Saran if such a thing seems plausible to you. Heaven knows he could use some help and empathy right now. Still, if that doesn't work out, don't give it a second thought. Brikman and PeaSam, feel free to keep Mort involved with the autopsies and investigations and all that fancy jazz if you think he'll be at all useful.And I'm out. See y'all in about 96 hours.
OOC: I can try to continue the interaction, the only problem is I don't know her as well as everyone else here, so I probably will need some advice on what Katerina would probably say.

OOC: Eh, nobody really knows her that well, to be honest, since I have a hard time articulating what she's like in ICs. Essentially, she has the same mannerisms as Kat did, just add fifty extra years of imperiousness and elitism. Plus the ghost of a German/Barron accent. If you're not comfortable writing her, it's not a big deal at all; send Bogart wherever he needs to be and I can take care of their conversation in a flashback sometime.

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC: That's probably for the better. I don't even know for sure what information she'd have anyway.IC: The four men were running down the stairs as fast as they could. Schiess was in front, behind Keaton and Deniro were following, with Verbal in the back struggling to keep up.Suddenly Schiess looked back to notice that Verbal was missing. There was a brief scream head for a second before it was muffled. Looking up, Schiess could partially see a brown-haired young girl standing on the landing. Quickly, he, Keaton, and Deniro drew their guns and tried to fire, but she was out of sight before anyone could hit. A few seconds later, they could see Verbal fall onto the railing, a large cut in his throat."Son of a 4+," Schiess muttered. "Silencia set us up!""The CEO must have paid her better than ours did," Deniro said. "We'd better get out of here fast."Quickly, Schiess turned back down the stairs and continued running. He finally reached the bottom and opened the door before running out into the lobby. He and Keaton looked back as the door opened again and Deniro stepped through, staggering slightly."You alright?" Schiess asked."The funniest thing," replied Deniro as he started to approach Schiess before he suddenly collapsed onto the ground. Only then did they notice the large knife embedded in his backside.There was a slight creak as the door opened once again, and in stepped that familiar face of Silencia Venemosa. Keaton quickly raised his gun and fired at her.Exactly what happened then, Schiess could hardly remember as it all happened so quick, but the next thing he knew he was out of the building running for the car, quickly he opened the passenger side door, stepped inside, and put down the briefcase before looking Montoya in the eye."GET OUT OF HERE!" Schiess said."What?" Replied Montoya. "What about the others?""I'll tell you later, just go!"Without thinking, Montoya hit the ignition and got out of his parking spot before he started driving away as fast as he could.OOC: PeabodySam, if you want, I'll leave it to you to flesh out the details regarding what happened to Verbal, Deniro, and Keaton.

IC: "What's going on in here?" Said a voice from behind as Vinyaya, Hotwire, Greybeard, Mort, and the others turned to see a man in a suit with a fedora. "Who are you?" Vinyaya asked."My name's Bogart," replied the man. "I'm a Private Detective. I understand this is the scene of the crime."OOC: I hope I'm not interrupting anything, but given his intentions it seemed to make sense to take a look at the place where at least some of the murders were committed.

OOC: As do I, Jacks. Clever way to slip in a long-overdue MST3K reference.Before I forget, Brikman, was Athena Fabello at all inspired by the Percy Jackson & the Olympians series? I ask because her given name comes from the Greek goddess, her maiden name (Chase) is also the last name of Annabeth Chase (one of Athena's daughters, no less), she has blonde hair (which, in the series, was one of Athena and Annabeth's defining physical traits), and her personality and depiction in Napoleon XIV reminded me of May Castellan (Luke's mother).IC: Just as she expected, as soon as Silencia Venomosa opened the door, someone fired at her.Silencia Venomosa was too fast, and Keaton's gun arm was too slow. Shooting from the waist, mixed in with shaking arms due to an adrenaline rush, made the bullet all too easy for Venomosa to avoid. Keaton and Schiess were wise enough to do what any sane man would do: run. As they ran, Silencia Venomosa pursued with an unnatural silence.As her prey neared the door, Venomosa drew her switchblade. Schiess was already out the door. Keaton almost made it. He would have made it if he were only a half-second faster. But Venomosa would not let her prey get away so easily. She let the knife fly from her hands and watched it cut through the air before planting itself in Keaton's back.Five down, two to go.Wordlessly, Silencia Venomosa stepped over Keaton's corpse and exited the Dacta Corporation building.

Schiess held his breath, until their car was so far away from Dacta Corporation that he could not even see the building in the rear view window. Sweat drenched his forehead, and he desperately hoped that she was not a biker girl who would pursue them in a climatic car chase. Upon realizing that motorcycles were far too loud for her style, Schiess allowed himself to relax a little."Mind telling me what's going on?" shouted Montoya, who kept his eyes locked on the road ahead of them. Unfortunately, it nearly midnight on a stormy night, and he could only see the next few feet of highway ahead of him that were illuminated by the car's headlights. He had a lit cigarette in his mouth, and hadn't the time to put it out when Schiess showed up."It's her," shuddered Schiess. "That 4+ Figure double-crossed us! We should have known better than to trust her!"Montoya paled. Since their team of mercenaries consisted of seven men and one woman, Schiess did not need to name her in order for Montoya to figure out what what he meant. "And the others? She didn't..."Schiess nodded grimly. "She killed them. Every single one of them.""Oh my Builder," whispered Montoya."But at least we got away, right?" Schiess looked down at the briefcase in his lap. "And we've got the blueprints. Mission accomplished." He pulled out his cellphone and called the president of Mindstorms, Inc. "Mr. Uærlig Sindstorme? This is Schiess. I've got the documents you requested, but Silencia Venomosa-"Then, Schiess caught sight of perhaps the most disturbing thing he had ever seen in his life. In the rear-view mirror, he saw a dark shape clinging onto the passenger side of the car. He caught a glint of light as it reflected off a knife raised in the air."-is on our car!" he screamed to Montoya."What?" gasped Montoya."She must've hitched a ride before we pulled out! Grabbed onto our trunk or climbed onto our roof or something!""Where is she?""Passenger side!" Schiess pointed out the window."Well, what do you want me to do?""Knock her off! Drive into the guardrails!""But-""Just do it!" snapped Schiess.Montoya complied, and their car swerved to the right. It grinded against the right highway guardrail, sending sparks flying into the air and creating a horrible noise of metal scratching metal. "Did I get her?" inquired Montoya, whose eyes were locked dead forward.Schiess looked past Montoya and saw the dark shape now on the driver's side of the car. Shaking his head vigorously, Schiess pointed and shouted, "No! Driver's side, now!""Oh, MegaBloks!" gasped Montoya as he dared to quickly glance to his left and saw the dark shape that had to be her. Quickly, he turned the wheel and slammed the car into the left guardrail.As Montoya did so, Schiess glanced up at the sunroof and saw the dark shape pass overhead. Thinking quickly, he pulled out his gun and shot at the roof of the car. Even as he shouted "Passenger side!", Schiess dared to roll down his window, poke his head and weapon out, and fire at the dark shape clinging to the car. But as Montoya tried to swerve the car to the right again, the dark shape disappeared behind the car and popped out again on the driver's side. "Driver's side!"The car swerved to the left, then to the right, then to the left again, as Montoya desperately tried to shake off the dark shape and Schiess fired his gun whenever and wherever he could. This process could not have possibly lasted more than a minute, but it felt like an eternity of terror to Schiess and Montoya."Where is she now?" cried Montoya.Schiess looked out his window and saw the dark shape just below him. This time, in addition to seeing the glint of light reflecting off a knife, he could make out her facial features and her long dark hair blowing in the wind. Schiess fired his pistol at her and, as she darted to the side, grabbed the cigarette out of Montoya's mouth and threw it at her. The burning cinder forced her to maneuver awkwardly, and in the process, she let go.To Schiess's surprise, this did the trick. The dark shape vanished, and as he looked in the rear-view mirror, he was relieved to see her body rolling on the wet road behind them. Sighing in relief, Schiess leaned back in his chair. "It's over. We got her."Montoya, who was now just as sweat-drenched as Schiess, grinned. "I can't believe it!" he laughed nervously. He reached down, grabbed another cigarette, and lit it to celebrate their victory. "We're going to make it! We're..."His smile disappeared. "What's that noise?"Schiess's eyes widened as he heard a most terrible series of sounds... the sounds of popping tires. Too late, he realized what she had been doing on their car. "She slashed our tires!" he cried, but it was too late.Without tires, the car's wheels skidded across the wet road, sending sparks in the air. Montoya gripped onto the wheel and slammed on the brakes with terror, but that did nothing to stop their car as it swerved left and right, slammed into another car, crashed through a guardrail, and landed upside-down in a ditch.Battered and bruised, dizzy and nauseous, Schiess struggled to stay conscious. He shook Montoya, and to his relief, his partner was still alive. But as he looked out the windshield at the highway on which they were driving, what he saw filled him with the most undiluted form of terror imaginable.There she was.Silencia Venomosa.Although she was cloaked in shadow, it was undoubtedly her. Her long, dark hair billowed in the harsh storm wind, as did her longcoat. In one hand, she still gripped onto that terrible knife, seeming to glow as light reflected off its shining surface. Her cold eyes pierced through the night, looking directly at Schiess.And still, with an eerie silence so unnatural that it could not possibly be of this world, she walked slowly but steadily towards their car with the terrifying poise and air of a serpent about to strike.Silencia Venomosa was out there. She couldn't be bargained with; she couldn't be reasoned with. She didn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And she absolutely would not stop, ever, until he was dead.And as Schiess beheld this horror, the car caught on fire.

Edited by PeabodySam

IC: It was only a moment as a soaked Montoya placed a key in the slot in the door before he opened it and stepped inside followed by Schiess.Having climbed out within seconds of the car bursting into flames, they had been forced to run off on foot, and walked a certain distance in the rain before finally finding a small motel that was still open, and one which conveniently still had a double room."I can't believe it," Schiess muttered. "That megablocking son of 4+ set us up.""I tried to tell you," replied Montoya. "I knew there was something wrong about her."Schiess took a moment to remove his jacket."So everybody's dead?" Montoya asked."I know Verbal, Deniro, and Keaton are dead," replied Schiess. "I don't know what happened to Scorsese or Orange.'"You think there's a chance they're still alive?" Asked Montoya."Not with Venomosa running around," replied Schiess."What about the blueprints?""Znap it," Schiess muttered. "I left them in the car.""What's the plan, then?" Montoya asked.Schiess sighed. "Tomorrow morning, I tell our employer what happened, we get our money if possible, and then we get out of town, lay low for a while. I don't know about you but I don't like double-crossers. That's why when she's not expecting it, when for her this is just Tuesday, I'll be there to put a bullet in her megablocking head. I think it would do us all a great favor."Montoya smiled as he sat down on one of the beds."In the meantime, I'd suggest you and your girlfriend get out of town soon," Schiess said. "If Silencia finds her and she learns you're still alive she will find you, she will hunt you, and she will kill you."Reluctantly, Montoya reached for the phone and dialed a number before putting it to his ear."Hello," he said. "Hey Debbie, it's me. Listen, baby, I need you to pack a bag. Look, I can't explain right now, I'll tell you later, just pack a bag and wait for me, I'll come get you tomorrow morning."

The sun was just starting to come up when Schiess made a phone call of his own."Hello," he said. "Sindstorme?""Yes," replied the familiar voice."This is Schiess,""Ah, Schiess. How'd the heist go? Did you get the blueprints?""We did," replied Schiess. "But we lost them.""Lost them?" Sindstorme asked. "How'd you do that?""They burned up when our car crashed.""Was that you?" Replied Sindstorme. "I've just been hearing about it on the news."Schiess picked up a remote and turned on the television in his room. Sure enough, there was a news broadcast. A young, attractive newswoman was going on about the car falling into a ditch with no bodies."Witnesses to the incident claimed to have seen a woman climbing around the car, but there has been no evidence of such activity, though the police do report that the tires were damaged prior to the accident. In the process they also came close to derailing a large truck which was carrying a dinosaur from Adventurers' Island for research. They did not want to comment on the nature of the project-"At that point, Schiess turned his attention back to the phone. "We were set up," he explained."Set up?" Sindstorme asked."Yeah," replied Schiess. "Silencia, apparently she was working for Dacta. She killed Verbal, Keaton and Deniro, and probably Scorsese and Orange. Montoya and I were the only ones who got out safely."Suddenly the line went dead. All that he could hear was a simple dial tone. Quickly realizing that something was wrong, he hung up and shook Montoya awake."What is it?" Montoya asked sleepily as he woke."We got to get out of here," replied Schiess. "We'll swing by your place, pick up your megablocking girlfriend, and then we're getting out of town, you understand?"

Edited by Atton Rand

IC:“Did you just say that Gahiji Thutmose is still alive?” asked Dr. Saran. “Because you said earlier that you killed him.”Carl Lutsky started to rock back and forth. At the beginning of the session Saran had hopes that Mr. Lutsky’s mental disorder could be nothing more then a slight obsession. However, if he could simultaneously accept two contradictory ideas in his head Saran was more apt to compare it to Orwellian dubblethink.“How is Dust still alive?” Asked Dr. Saran.“I see him.” Said Lutsky. “He talks to me. He says I can’t get away.”“Can you get away?” inquired Saran.“No.” he responded. “I can’t stop thinking about him. That’s how he get in my head.”“I just need to clarify this Mr. Lutsky.” Began Doctor Saran as he withdrew his tape recorder. “When you see Mr. Thutmose is he real?”“Dust says he’s a figment of my imagination.” Stammered the ex-commander. Lutsky swayed back and forth and he ran his hands threw his hair. Saran was surprised by the drastic transition between the calm man he spoke to earlier and the fidgety shadow of a man he spoke to now.“But my imagination is real.” Continued Lutsky. “And that make’s him real. Dust says’s he fake but maybe he’s lying. If he’s lying then he’s real. If he’s real why does no one else see him? That makes him fake. That mean’s I’m imagining things. But my imagination is real. Dust is real but he says he’s imaginary…”Dr. Saran was thankful he had his tape recorder running; otherwise he would never be able to follow Lutsky’s logic.“I want to know what Dust says to you Carl.” Said Saran.“Commander.” Corrected the ex-commander. “And what he says does not matter.”‘Why not?” Asked the psychologist.“Because it’s all fake.” Said Lutsky. “What he says is a lie, it’s imaginary so none of it means anything!”“Let’s just pretend it’s not. I want you to describe everything about him” Said Saran. The psychologist sensed that what this revealed would be important. Since the apparition of Dust was creation of Lutsky’s own mind, it would provide valuable insight into the man’s psyche.“He is dressed in a black suit.” Said Lutsky. The man did not make eye contact and instead focused of Saran’s peg-leg. “He’s dressed all in black. He wares black gloves, black shirt, black tie, and black suit. Everything is black.”“Go on.” Said Saran.“When I saw him he was holding an apple.” Continued Lutsky. “And he had a deck of cards. They were all black.”“Did he do anything with these items?” asked Saran. “Did he offer you the apple? Did he eat it?”“Yes.” Said Lutsky. “But I refused. I did not trust it. I would never eat anything that he offered me.”“Did he eat it?”“Yes.”“What things did he tell you.” Asked the doctor.“Dust said he was angry I killed him and that now he was stronger.” Said Lustky “He said that now he would always be able to control me and that I would never be able to get him out of my head. He smiled the whole time as if it was just another conversation.”“Have you seen him since that first meeting?”“Sometimes I see him in the hall.” Said Saran. “Just standing there and staring at me. Sometimes I see him in the window looking at me.”Doctor Saran took a breath. This was a spectacular amount of information that he would need to sleep on. The two had talked for almost two hours but it was evident that Lutsky was becoming uncomfortable. He did not want to stress the man, it would comprehend the information given him and possible lead him down the wrong path.Lutsky certainly had levels of paranoia and cognitive dissonance. The psychologist planed to continue the interview tomorrow once both had a clear mind.The doctor rose from his seat and offered his hand threw the bars. “I was very nice talking with you with you Commander. I believe we should continue our conversation tomorrow evening. Is there anything you need?”Lutsky considered for a moment before answering. “Cover the window.”OoC: I got to say, I’ really having a fun time writing these psychology posts. I’m glad to see that Saran is neededThat should clear him out for a talk with Helm. I don’t know whether that is something Jackson wants to orchestrate or whether he left that to me. I’ll just play it by ear unless I hear something from Jackson Lake.I’ll probably have a Pharisee/Solomon post next.

Edited by that guy from that show

That is all

OOC: I can safely say that Athena Fabello was named after Athena. However, her naming convention comes from that Athena is the Greek counterpart to the Roman goddess Minerva (which, to restate from nearly two years ago, Minerva was not named after the goddess Minerva). Her maiden name was an intentional reference to Annabeth Chase, a daughter of Athena.The rest would be more coincidental than anything. I chose her to have blond hair basically just 'cause. Athena Fabello's similarities to May Castellan were completely coincidental (or maybe not. Maybe my brain referred to that scene while I typed up Athena's introduction. It's been a good two years since I read the series in rapid succession, so I can only recall basic facts at this point. I should probably re-read them and read the new series as well).That being said, Silencia Venomosa is absolutely terrifying just from that scene alone.IC:"You would be correct," Vinyaya said. She gestured to Mort. "He's already given us a good idea of what he thinks happened. If you wish, feel free to give your own examination and see if you can figure out anything new."************************************Zach scrolled through pages on the database rapidly. From his skimming, he discovered how success was achieved at Gold City and Fort Legorado by the Second Headquarters Squad and the victory at Castle Cove. He smirked as he read of the Brickster's exploits on Dinosaur Island. Perhaps he will learn that he can blow up stuff and not get in trouble with the law. He let that idea run in his head a few times. Yeah, fat chance.He spent most of his time reading about the outcome of the Adventurers' Island mission, primarily because he was a Stromling for half of the campaign. The only thing he wasn't really aware of was of some trial that an Elite Agent named Rotor tried to hold. It was rather ridiculous matter, involving a T-1 Typhoon crew that didn't want to destroy XERRD's fortress because there will still agents inside. The trial was eventually seized with the intervention of a gunslinger named Clint Wayne.Clint Wayne. Wayne. Wayne. Wayne. Ah. The gunslinger who fought me with Vinyaya and Nazareno. The one who shot me. Ouch, that stung. He wondered if the man was still alive and how he would react to seeing him. Nazareno accepted me. Vinyaya was a little cold at first, but I think she's catching on. I don't know about this Wayne character though. Zach shrugged. He didn't particularly care a whole lot.He grimaced and quickly scrolled past the ambush in the camp. Don't need a recap. A good dozen agents, including Raider and some Elite Agent named Fletcher, died and an even larger number were injuried. Despite his scrolling, one sentence managed to catch his eye. He learned that the ambush, coupled with multiple other injuries, had left Elite Agent Zenna in a barely alive-comotose state that forced her off the island and to Antarctica. Zach swallowed hard. Yep. Didn't need to read that.He continued past the ambush and move to Outpost 4, as he already had a good understanding of what happened there thanks to Ghost and Zelda. Fast forwarding to the Battle at the Temple of Hotep III. It acknowledged that Zach became a Minifig again, but other than that, the area was still rather bare concerning what happened to the group of agents that entered the temple to take out the Maelstrom Temple. However, there was a report (perhaps a rumor, Zach wasn't sure) that Gahiji Thutmose had been killed in the temple by Carl Lutsky.Zach reflected on Dust for a brief moment. Provided this report was true, Dust had finally reached his oh-so sacred temple and had been killed barely moment later by Lutsky. He knew Lutsky hadn't like Dust, but apparently it had extended to murderous hatred. Zach himself wasn't extremely fond of Dust due to his manipulative nature in trying to use the team to reach his temple. But he couldn't ignore the fact that they had become some level of Fire-Forged Friends as he save Dust's life from the natives, ran through the jungle as they were pursued by said natives, and spent hours dangling in a net over a cliff. Rest in peace, Dust. Zach thought. Moving on.Now to the actual battle in the Temple of Creation. He was surprised to learn that XERRD's second-in-command, Dr. Rex's Dragon, was a mole for the Dino Attack Team the entire time. The one moment he had met "Wallace Bishop" had turned out to be Frank Einstein. Doesn't changed the fact he sent a bunch of guards to capture or kill me while infiltrating the fortress, but I suppose he had an image to upkeep then. The death of Zed Provhezor, the hoverchair scientist he saw in the fortress, describes him being pulled into the Maelstrom vortex. Eugh. Not a happy ending at all."What about that Breen person?" Minerva asked. She glanced over his shoulder and noticed him reading the death of Provhezor.Zach knew that Minerva hoped Breen was dead, especially after playing a role in converting Oswald Fabello. "Shot by Frank Einstein for trying to use Kate Bishop as a Minifig shield to escape.""Coward," Minerva said, turning back to Nazareno and Zelda's fight. Indeed. Zach agreed. After that, things managed to fall into place. Baron Typhonus appeared after Greybeard, Frozeen, and Sam Sinister entered the chamber with the Maelstrom Crystal. Ah. Greybeard and Frozeen. I can only hope they forgot about me. As a Stromling he might had been willing to face them alone. As a Minifig, not so much. Typhonus attempted to convince Sinister to join him, which failed. Cue the battle for the crystal and Zach and Minerva' arrival into the battle.While he battled Provencal and Glados, apparently the Darkitect had spawned the Dino Attack agents' worst fear in the form of illusion. He knew that he faced the thought of being a Stromling in reality instead of an illusion, but he was curious as to what others faced, as he wasn't paying attention to them at all."Hey Minerva," Zach said. "You said every faced their fear or something in the Maelstrom Temple, right?""Yeah?""What did you face?" Then, he added. "If your comfortable sharing, of course."Minerva's entire mood seemed to change. Her relaxed, happy persona faded into cold sadness. "I suppose I can tell you. There's going to be a long story behind it, though.""After giving you two long stories, I'm interested in hearing from you." Minerva smiled sadly and nodded. She opened her mouth and began to speak.OOC: Oh boy, a long post that's just a recap of what happened on Adventurers' Island! I mostly wanted to get Zach's feelings and thoughts on events.

OOC: Atton, I think you might've wanted to address the fact that PeabodySam's post on the Silencia/Trigger story ended with Silencia about to strike at Trigger and his partner when they were trapped in an overturned vehicle that had just caught fire. Your post starting with them just entering the hotel room thus leaves one with many a questions.Though that could work if you decided to edit your post to make clear that the story of how Trigger got away from Silencia is something so tense, so lucky, so frightening, so defying of the odds, that we the readers don't get to see it, and the escape falls under "noodle incident" catagorizing.

Edited by Andrewnuva199

IC:Trigger walked away from the phone booths and bumped into the imposing form of Solomon Koplowitz.“Are you here to beat me to pulp?” asked the mercenary sarcastically. “Because that won’t go well for you.”Solomon smiled and casually pulled aside his rope to reveal the Luger pistol tucked in his belt.“I have no intention of starting a confrontation now my friend. However, I can’t say the same for the two agents following you.”The scientist motioned to Wright and Shiller standing behind him. They smiled and waved.“I’m sure you’ve come to the conclusion your not well liked right now. I don’t like you very much myself. Now I advise you to end what ever malicious activity you’re up to and come clean.”“Well aren’t you the boy scout.” Said Trigger. “I bet you were a hall monitor too.”“Who were you just calling Trigger?” asked Solomon, ignoring the comment “Considering your reputation I doubt it was your mother.”Trigger chucked coldly and shook a finger at the older man. “I don’t see why I should have to tell you. You’re XERRD, I trader to your own kind. I’m in no way compelled to answer your questions. And in case you have not noticed…” He placed a hand on his hip. “I have a gun too. And it’s bigger.”“Do you boys want me to get a ruler?” called Shiller.“I herd you mention the name Venemosa at the crime scene.” Said Solomon. “I know a few things about the woman myself. We crossed paths ounce at Ogal’s Island. I woo know she’s agent Claw.”Trigger chucked. The mercenary was surprised to find that Solomon actually agreed with him. “So you know that Venemosa did this.” Said Trigger. “That would explain why Rex was the only one was not killed.”“No, I believe she did not kill them.” responded Solomon. “But that’s really not my point. For someone who clams to only be interested in money you seem to have a lot riding on agent Claw. Why even get involved. If you kill a respected agent what incentive would they have for paying you?”Trigger’s face was hard to read but the philosopher had the impression that the mercenary never thought of this. “So when are you going to drag me to the cooler?” asked Trigger.Solomon shrugged. “I’ve had a chance to reconsider and I came to another conclusion. I determined that a few days locked up would mean nothing to you. For a worse punishment waits: if you continue to be an agent of chaos you will be exiled from this unit. You won’t be paid and you will die poor and alone in those cold streets.”“I can get money elsewhere.” Said Trigger. “There are plenty of people who would kill for my services.”“You can keep telling yourself that.” Responded Solomon. “But this world is changing. People don’t care about money anymore. If it’s not the mutants it’s the maelstrom. Men like you are disappearing so you will have to evolve. I recommend you start acting like a member of this team before you become lost in the wind.”Trigger just rolled his eyes. “I should not have to deal with this.” The mercenary started to walk away but Solomon grabbed him by the shoulder. Trigger swatted the hand away and spun around at the scientist with fiery eyes.“Don’t go thinking we’re even.” Said Solomon coldly. “I still don’t like you. Just know that if I’m willing to forget you, someone more pious than I will probably not. You’re on thin ice Trigger. I implore you to watch where you step.”

That is all

OOC: Atton, I think you might've wanted to address the fact that PeabodySam's post on the Silencia/Trigger story ended with Silencia about to strike at Trigger and his partner when they were trapped in an overturned vehicle that had just caught fire. Your post starting with them just entering the hotel room thus leaves one with many a questions.
OOC: There isn't really much to say. Schiess and Montoya were fortunate enough to get out of the car and ran off. The only reason they weren't spotted was because it was dark and there was a storm at the time.IC: Bogart took a moment to look around at the bodies lying on the floor. "Most people would normally have gotten rid of these by now," he said, as crouched next to the body of one large, bald man who had a machine gun next to him."His throat's been cut," Bogart said. "Were all of these people killed by a knife?""All except for that guy," replied Vinyaya, motioning towards one corpse, whose head had exploded, staining his suit in blood.Bogart walked over towards the body and looked at it. He then reached into his pocket and pulled out a knife. "One of your fellow agents found this in the body of one of the victims. Angel Eyes, I think he called himself. I don't suppose anyone recognizes it."

OOC: Atton and I discussed this while we were planning this flashback, and we agreed that Schiess and Montoya escaped the car after it caught fire, but Silencia Venomosa, who was a short distance away in a dark and stormy night, saw the flaming wreckage and assumed that they were dead. Due to dramatic effect, I decided not to include this in my IC, feeling that it would detract from the Nightmare Fuel (which, I'm proud to say, based upon Brikman's reaction, worked beautifully) of the scene.IC: "And what's this?" Bogart knelt and picked something off the ground from where Rex had been found."Looks like a cigarette butt to me," muttered Hotwire. "When are these Dino Attack agents ever going to learn that there is a strict no-smoking policy in Dino Attack Headquarters? It's unhealthy, it's certainly not 'cool', it kills you...""You say that this was where Rex was found," mused Bogart. "Was Rex a smoker?"Greybeard shook his head. "Nay. I be workin' with th' young rascal fer a few months now, an' me deadlights ne'er seen th' likes o' him so much as take out a lighter.""I believe Agent Spy may have been a smoker, though," pointed out Mort. "He used to be in the Alpha Team, and although I never worked closely with him, I know that he and Frozeen worked together during a rescue mission and infiltration of Ogel's Mountain Fortress at one point in 2008. Maybe he can confirm it for you.""Does anyone know where I can find this Frozeen?" stood Bogart."He went to the hospital wing with Rex and Amanda," reported Vinyaya."I can lead ye thar," volunteered Greybeard. When the private detective nodded, the old pirate made for the exit and beckoned for Bogart to follow.Outside, Greybeard was greeted by Mary Rose, who was waiting with King Joseph Race. "Oh, grandpa!" she ran towards the old pirate."Is she yours?" inquired Bogart, raising his eyebrows.Although Greybeard replied with "Aye," he shook his head ever so slightly with a grim expression to let Bogart know that he was not telling the truth in front of her."What's going on in there, grandpa?" timidly asked Mary Rose.Greybeard glanced back to the formerly-safe room, where there now were two dead bodies and a headless corpse. With a shudder, he murmured, "Nothin' ye e'er want to see. Trust me."

When Rex regained consciousness, he was back in the hospital wing. Initially, his first thought was an annoyed, Darn, why is it that I always wake up in the hospital wing?Then, he recalled the events that transpired just before he fell unconsciousness. The shock of that revelation startled him awake. He bolted upright, gasping for air.“Oh, thank the First Builders you’re alright,” sighed Amanda. Now that Rex was awake, he saw that Amanda, Frozeen, and Greybeard were all gathered around his bed. Amanda was kneeling beside him, while Frozeen and Greybeard stood. They appeared relieved to see that Rex was alright, but at the same time still very anxious and concerned. There were two others that Rex did not recognize: a tall man in a suit and fedora, and a little girl hugging Greybeard’s leg.“The name’s Bogart,” the man in the suit introduced himself, extending a hand towards Rex. “Private Detective. If you don’t mind, I would like to ask you a few questions.”“Uh, yeah,” nodded Rex, still trying to get his bearings. “Sure. Of course.”“We found ye lyin’ in that room,” explained Greybeard, “with th’ corpses o’ Spy an’ Heavy an’ Soldier. We also found Scout lyin’ in the hallway, also dead. It be a relief ye be still alive.”“We also found this,” added Bogart, who held up a cigarette butt. “Do you recognize this at all?”Frozeen leaned in close. “From the looks of it,” he murmured, “it’s no ordinary cigarette… it’s one of Spy’s false cigarettes. Smokescreens he used to cover his escapes. Given the fact that Spy was also found in the room without a head, it’s probably not him…”“If not Spy, then whom?”Rex startled, and the others turned around to see Specs approaching the bed.Rex wanted to jump out of his hospital bed, point an accusing finger at Specs, and declare, “There’s the traitor!” However, he knew that could not afford to do so… yet. He needed to explain to Amanda, Frozeen, Greybeard, and others whom he could trust about what he saw, or else his accusation would seem insane. He could not do so in front of Specs, either… or, at least, not out loud.Rex gritted his teeth, feeling his face grow hot as Specs approached his bed. Bogart, Frozeen, and Greybeard stepped back, and Amanda promptly stood. The little girl hid behind Greybeard, peeking out nervously to look at Specs. “I received word that the mole was the one responsible for killing off most of the members of Second Headquarters Squad,” declared Specs. “You are our only witness to one of these murders. If you know anything about this traitor, please say so.”Rex was silent, trying to think of what to say. If only there was some secret-agent code he could use to communicate with Frozeen, or pirate phrases that Greybeard could catch…Specs sighed. “Elite Agent Rex, I ask this as a favor. But, given the dire times and the importance of such knowledge, I ask again, and this time as an order: What do you know about XERRD’s mole and the murders of agents Scout, Spy, Soldier, and Heavy?”Rex locked eyes with Amanda. He knew no spy talk or pirate accent, but he remembered the first reason he ever felt a bond with Amanda… she could communicate through body language alone, and he could understand her easily due to his dinosaur instincts. He prayed that she could understand what message he wished to convey.Shifting his eyes quickly towards Specs, Rex reported, “Scout, Soldier, and Heavy were already in the room with me when Spy entered. Fearing that Spy was the mole, Soldier killed him. I sent Scout for you, but he never returned. Then, the infiltrator came in and murdered Soldier and Heavy.”“Did you see who the traitor was?” inquired Specs.Rex looked back at Amanda, bit his lip, furrowed his brow, and quickly shifted his eyes back to Specs again. “I cannot recall,” he lied. “When he came in, he lit a cigarette and created a smokescreen that masked his true form. I could not make out his identity.” While Frozeen showed Specs the cigarette to confirm Rex’s words, Rex once again glanced at Amanda and shifted his eyes towards Specs.Amanda raised her eyebrows ever-so-slightly.“That’s a shame,” frowned Specs. “We are so close to tracking down this traitor, and you, our only living witness, do not know who it might be. Frozeen.”The Alpha Team agent stiffened. “Yes, sir?”“I need you,” ordered Specs, “to figure out a way to track the whereabouts of every Dino Attack agent in this building at the times of these murders. We need every possible scrap of information to help us determine what cowardly scum is responsible for killing my men. Now come with me.”“Trust no one,” Amanda said quietly to Frozeen. The Alpha Team agent nodded in comprehension, then departed with Specs.“One thing be fer certain,” muttered Greybeard. “We needs to get ye out o’ bed… if th’ traitor returns fer ye, th’ hospital bed might be yer death bed.”“Right,” sighed Rex. “My wheelchair, please?” Amanda pushed the wheelchair to Rex’s bedside, and with some assistance from Amanda and Greybeard, Rex climbed into the chair. Then, Amanda proceeded to push Rex out of the hospital wing.Just before they exited, they were stopped by Bogart. “Excuse me, Agent Rex, but are you sure that is all that you saw?”Rex nodded grimly. “As I said, the attacker’s appearance was masked.”“But you referred to your attacker using male pronouns,” pointed out Bogart. “If you could not see this person, how could you be sure of ‘his’ gender?”Rex bit his lip. “I’m… fairly certain that he was male.”“But given that ‘his’ appearance was, as you say, masked,” continued Bogart, “you admit that there is a possibility, however slim, that you are mistaken?”Unsure how to respond without giving anything away, Rex slowly nodded.“Do you have a weapon of choice, Agent Rex?” inquired Bogart.“Yes. I prefer to use a Sonic Screamer.”“And you?” Bogart turned towards Amanda. “Agent Claw, what’s your weapon of choice?” When Amanda did not respond right away, Bogart smiled and murmured, “Come now, don’t be shy.”Rex nodded to Amanda. He thought it was in their better interest if she remained completely open and honest with the private detective. With Rex’s support, Amanda admitted quietly: “A knife.”Bogart raised his eyebrows slightly as he nodded. “Do you normally carry a knife on you?”“Yes.”“May I see it?”“Of…” Amanda trailed off as she reached for her knife. Her face betrayed surprise as her trusty weapon was not in its sheath as she expected it to be. In disbelief, she began patting herself down in a vain attempt to locate her knife.“Would this be your knife?”Rex blinked in surprise and Amanda’s eyes widened as Bogart held out a knife. Upon finding her voice, Amanda quietly murmured, “Err, yes.” As she reached out and took the knife from Bogart, she dared to inquire: “Where did you find this?”“I didn’t find it,” Bogart shook his head. “You can thank Angel Eyes and Maria, for they were the ones who found it…”“Thank you,” nodded Amanda.“… in Sniper’s back.”Rex stared at Amanda as she paled, color leaving her face. Bogart’s features hardened, on the other hand. At last, Amanda slowly sheathed her knife, nervously stepped away from Bogart, and whispered in a wavering voice: “Thank you for your time, detective Bogart.”“If I need to ask you two anything else,” Bogart tipped his hat as he narrowed his eyes, “or if you two find any information that you need to tell me… we’ll find each other.”

IC:Dr. Cyborg came into the rec room. He was just wandering around, he didn't really have any friends, so he couldn't hang out with his friends. He saw Laxus, Andrew, and Pterisa watching Dino Cop, so he thought he'd have some fun. He watched a ten second clip of the movie, then grabbed the remote off the couch and paused it. “Now, I know what you're thinking,” he said. “This movie is good, but it needs one thing-” he projected the clip he saw out of his eye, but replaced the dinosaur with an old-fashioned cyborg that wasn't realistic at all. “The main character to be a cyborg!”“Boo!” Andrew yelled good-naturedly. “Get out of here!” Laxus demanded. Pterisa just laughed, and took a pillow off the couch and threw it at Dr. Cyborg. The other two followed her example and did the same. “Alright, alright, I get the message, I'm leaving!” he said. He left, still hearing their laughter.---------------------------------A hooded figure approached Zach and Minerva while they were watching Zelda and Nazareno. The figure says in a feminine voice, “Have you seen Dr. Cyrista?” They reply no, and the figure leaves.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC: Bogart leaned against the doorframe and took a moment to place a cigarette in his mouth before lighting it as he watched Amanda walk away."Something's not quite right with her," Bogart muttered to himself. He turned back into the hospital. "Hey Pierce?""What is-" Pierce said as he turned before cutting himself off. "You do know there's no smoking in the hospital?""Sorry," replied Bogart as he stepped away from the doorframe. "I need information on Agent Claw.""We do have medical records," replied Pierce. "I don't normally give them out but in this case we might be able to make an exception."Bogart took a moment to drop the cigarette and crush it under his shoe before stepping inside. "Would you come this way?" Replied Pierce.Bogart was led towards a small room filled with filing cabinets, Pierce opened one drawer to reveal several folders, apparently sorted alphabetically."Cabin, Cam O'Cozy, Carver, Charlie, Clark, Claw, here we are."Pierce removed a small file and handed it to Bogart. He looked through the first few pages, check-ups and other things from Claw's childhood, then suddenly he saw something."Is this the whole file?" Bogart asked."It should be," replied Pierce."Well, if I didn't know better I'd say that at least ten years of her life was missing from this folder, possibly more.""I honestly don't know how that happened," replied Pierce. "We're usually pretty thorough with-""I'm not accusing you of anything," replied Bogart. "For some reason, someone didn't want us to know what happened in that time. She's been hiding, Pierce, and I'd like to know why.""You think she had something to do with the mole?" Asked Pierce."Well, it's a lead to something," replied Bogart. "That man did mention Silencia Venemosa to be here.""Silencia Venmosa," Pierce asked. "The bounty hunter?""That's the one," replied Bogart."That's impossible," replied Pierce. "She's just a myth, a little story that criminals tell their children at night, you know "If you aren't good, than Silencia Venemosa's going to come and get you". You know, like Keyser Soze.""'I wouldn't say that," replied Bogart. "I spent four months trying to catch her after the incident at Dacta Corporation."

Edited by Atton Rand

OOC:Wow, you are getting dangerously close to revealing Amanda's identity. I certainly hope you have PeaSam's approval on this. It's not good when you don't and you make a major change. I'm speaking from first-hand experience, of course.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC: Zach watched the retreating back of the cloaked figure curiously. “Well that was weird.”“Yeah,” Minerva said, scratching the back of her head. “Wonder what she wants with Dr. Cyborg?”Zach shrugged. “If she’s a hostile, Dr. Cyborg should be able to take care of her. Now, the story.” Minerva nodded again and cleared her throat.“So,” Minerva began, sighing slightly. “While you were fighting Provencal and Glados alone, I was helping trying to help Pterisa get rid of the Stromlings tailing her. When I decided she could handle it on her own, I noticed everyone facing things that didn’t resemble Stromlings, from mysterious cloaked figures to butterflies. Then Oswald and my mother appeared in front of me.”“Your mother?” Zach said, surprised.“Yes. My mother, Athena Fabello.” She seemed somewhat embarrassed.“Athena...” Zach paused. “Oh! I see. Athena and Minerva are-”“The goddess counterparts in Greek and Roman mythology, yes. My mother was really smart when she was younger. She named me Minerva primarily for that reason. Intended to be our little smart inside joke when I got older and understood it fully. Too bad that never happened.”“What happened?” Something bad clearly must have happened to consider your own mother your worst fear.“The best place to start would be the death of my father.” Zach grimaced. Already down a bad place. “He was at a convenience store. I think he was picking up a snack before he came home. He saw two men fighting in the store, and it was approaching physical violence. Dad tried to mediate the two. Calm them down.”Minerva laughed bitterly. “Nobody could have predicted what happened next. One of the men pulled a knife and stabbed Isaac Fabello in the throat. He died almost instantly. He was just trying to be a good person, and he was rewarded with a premature death.“Later that night the police dropped by our house. When Mom got the news...she didn’t take it well. At all. She broke down right on the doorstep. Crying, screaming. My brother Tod cried with Mom. Oswald left for his room without saying anything. I just sort of stood there. I was confused. I had no idea what had happened. I was only four-years-old at the time. But I knew that whatever happened caused Dad to never come home from work again.“A week later, a funeral was held. Even then, I still had no idea what had happened and neither Tod, Oswald, or Mom had even tried to explain it to me. The only thing I remember from that funeral was Mom wearing a black dress and weeping throughout the entire service, which ended up coming back as apart of the Darkitect’s illusion. After the funeral, we...stopped talking about Dad. He was almost never brought up again. It’s affected me to the point that I remember almost nothing about him.“Tod and Oswald managed to move on. Mom didn’t. She tried to drown away her grief in alcohol. Needless to say, it didn’t help. She would spend days locked in her room. Sometimes you could hear her crying. Other times it was silent, generally meaning she was drinking or asleep. It reached a point where Tod ordered me to stay away from Mom whenever she did leave her bedroom.”“Was she violent?” Zach asked. Minerva swallowed hard and shook her head.“No. She was just sad. And extremely angry, which was worse when she was drunk. Despite Tod’s commands, I talked to her when I was six. She was in the kitchen, eating a bowl of cereal. No alcohol in sight. So I went up to her and flatly asked where Dad was. She responded with a just as blunt ‘He’s dead’ before bursting into tears. I had no real idea exactly what ‘death’ entailed, but whatever it was made Mom sad, so I cried with her.“That was closest I’d ever get to her after Dad’s death. She continued to drink, and I realized that was the part of her problem. So I found all the liquor I could and tried to throw it away so she would stop. It didn’t go over so well with her. She yelled at me until I bursted into tears and Oswald had to force her away. I didn’t try to get rid of her drinks again, but it didn’t matter long after that. Something happened later on. Perhaps her mind was poisoned from her drinking. Maybe she attempted to suppress the memories of Dad’s death. Either way, she lost all perception of reality one day. She had no set reality. At one point, Dad was alive and we were all at the ages we were the year he died. Other times, her memories went farther back, to points where she didn’t know Tod and/or me existed.“Although we decided Mom lost her ability to take care of us long ago, it was now official. So Oswald took over as ‘head of the family’. He and eventually Tod started to look and get jobs to support us, including Mom. I wanted to help, but was too young to get a job. So I...resorted to stealing food from stores. Oswald and Tod didn’t approve it simply because it went against their morals. However, when I brought the food home, they would eat it regardless. I continued to steal and became friends with a harsher crowd of people, who would teach me how to fight and occasionally helped me steal. Naturally, Oswald and Tod didn’t approve of me coming home with tons of bruises and cuts, but I didn’t really care. Regardless of them not approving of my actions, life started to look up. Mom was insane, sure. But Tod and Oswald both managed to secure jobs and my thieving made sure we got a decent meal each night and essential materials their paychecks couldn’t cover. Life returned to a sense of normalcy. Of course, it wouldn’t last."