Dino Attack: At War's End

PeabodySam

OOC:I was reading the item description for the new Dino Command HQ from the Dino line, and you will not believe what I saw. The second or third sentence was:Prepare for the dino attack!Also, Atton Rand, I have another need for Cyrista's Bane and Screech, so if you could use them to rescue Rotor and his group and get it over with, I would appreciate it.IC:Dr. Cyborg turned the frequency of the radio in the Titanium Predator. He had just agreed to serve as XERRD's second-in-command, so that should help the transition."Hello, all Elite Agents, this is Dr. Cyborg calling in. I am fine, I had a small tussle with a Mutant T-Rex, but I escaped. I have worked out an agreement with Blaire Darkling, to serve as XERRD's second-in-command. I have sent Bane and Screech to assist Rotor."A speaker started chirping, indicating there was someone else trying to contact him."Hold on, I have a message coming in.""This is Dr. Cyborg, may I ask who's calling?" "Yes, this is a loyal member of XERRD calling to tell you that you've been exposed. Everybody in XERRD knows "you" died when Dr. Rex sent the Raptor Pack after you. They confirmed the kill. So, you may have convinced our "leader" that you are Dr. Cyrista, but we know the truth, and the truth has set us free. We will not submit to your leadership, nor will any loyal XERRD member. So, all in all, you've been found out. You might want to leave before we kill you." Cheers were heard over the radio as other XERRD members cheered their spokesman on."Oh, is that how you feel? That I am an imposter? How shall I prove I am who I say I am? Hmmm...."And then, he remembered three words. To most, these words would seem unimportant, but they meant much to XERRD members. In his old authoritative voice he used with XERRD members up until a couple of weeks ago, he roared into the radio, "Identity code: Cyborg!"The voice signed off. And, even better, in uttering those words, Dr. Cyborg remembered everything. Without exception. The extent of his time with XERRD, his family, his other friends, everything.

Edited by avmatoran

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

OOC: Unfortunately we have a slight problem there. I can see how they could help give Rotor an advantage but two dinosaurs aren't really a means of transportation. I mean when I sent out the signal I was expecting someone to send a helicopter or something that could actually be used to, you know, get two T1-Typhoon crews out quickly. I went along with it because I figured you must have something in mind but if you're just going to leave me to post everything than we have a slight problem.

OOC:Basically, defend from Mutant Dinos until help can arrive. I suppose I can send the UlTech dropship in next IC chance.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC:Dr. Cyborg was thinking along the lines of, "They lost their heavy weapons, they need help defending their position until help arrives." I'll send the UlTech dropship next IC.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC:Dr. Cyborg was thinking along the lines of, "They lost their heavy weapons, they need help defending their position until help arrives." I'll send the UlTech dropship next IC.
OOC: That makes some sense. I guess they just didn't count on Lance Williams being left on gunner duty.IC: Lance continued to fire on the new arrival, emptying everything he had out of his gun as Rotor stepped in. "What's going on?" He asked. "Mutant Pterosaur," replied Lance. "It seems to be circling us. I'm trying to get a clear shot!"Rotor looked out the window and saw it."Hold your fire!" Rotor shouted. Lance kept firing. Rotor had to pull the gun out of his hands. "It's on our side!""What?" Asked Lance. "Impossible! Give me that!""I don't know how either," replied Rotor. "But word is that a Pterosaur and that Cyrista's Bane were sent to give us backup!"Lance looked at him confusedly.

IC:Dr. Cyborg contacted Cortana(1). "I need you to bring the Reclaimer to wherever Bane and Screech are. You need to ferry two Typhoon crews out.""Will do. Oh, and by the way, Kara is mysteriously awake.""Good for her. Dr. Cyborg signing off."

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC: As Spike continued to punch and hold off the mutant raptors, with a little assistance from Buffy, the other agents inside were busy giving cover fire. Cabin's eyes were momentarily drawn toward the sky, during which time she saw a large aircraft...

As Pierce and Crusher worked their way through the HQ, they were startled by the arrival of a group of agents carrying two people on stretchers."What's going on here?" Pierce asked."There was a shootout," replied one of the other agents. "We got two dead, three hurt. We also got two civilians!""Get them down to the infirmary," replied Pierce. "Come on!""What the heck happened in here?" One man, a tall black man asked."I don't know," replied Pierce. "Some guy tried to blow it up."Hastily, he and Crusher led the group of agents into the basement and back to where they kept their makeshift hospital."We got a serious emergency," Pierce shouted as he entered. Copper turned toward him. The agents put the two patients on the table.Pierce looked at one, a young girl. "She's been hit in the leg," he said. "This other guy here's been hit in the stomach. He takes priority!"OOC: I'll probably do a Shaw IC later, but I'm not sure if Brickman or That Guy would like to expand on Hale and Carver's involvement in their task (which involves finding wounded agents in the wreckage of the building).Also, if anyone wants to interact with Snake, he's more or less open.

Edited by Atton Rand

OOC: Ooh... Athena's final moments were heartbreaking.

OOC: Well, I'd understand the "way over her head" idea after seeing the Maelstrom in its purest and learning about the dark side and family secrets within XERRD, but one would think after that crowning moment of awesome when she delivered the final blow to the Darkitect at the Maelstrom temple, she would at least start pulling herself back together and become a willing and strong agent.
You know, this brings up an interesting point. The reason that I chose Kate Bishop (not Rex, not Frank Einstein, not Pterisa, not even Sam Sinister) to deliver the final blow is because I wanted to let her character "grow up" a little, as well as to show that you don't have to be a great soldier, scientist, etc. to have what it takes to save the day. She'll never be like Rex, Reptile, Andrew, Hotwire, Zachary, etc., but she should be able to have the courage to do what's right in a moment of great crisis. Unfortunately, all that was undone as soon as Kate appeared in Atton Rand's next post.IC: As they made their way through the twelfth floor of Dino Attack Headquarters, Rex glanced out a shattered window. Outside Dino Attack Headquarters, the T-1 Typhoons and Fright Knight Windships engaged each other in dogfights; Emperor Chang Wu's fleet patrolled the river from any more Inferno Super Airboats; and united groups of Dino Attack, Alpha Team, Agents, Rogue Knights, Skeleton Drones, and even what might have been a XERRD member or two worked together in an effort to bring down Dr. Inferno's attacking robot mech.That was all outside. Inside Dino Attack Headquarters itself, which was still filled with fire and smoke after that massive explosion, Rex traveled with his comrades to the thirteenth floor, where the Portal Operations Team's Teleport Pad was located. They were rushing to get there before the next wave of Mutant Dinos, or any that survived the explosions, caught up to them. It was a difficult journey due to the fire and rubble blocking their paths, not to mention the destroyed stairwells.The thirteenth floor was in the worst shape. The roof had caved in, creating even more destruction and ruin, and now the rain was pouring down. Rex was reminded of the wrecked laboratory where he met Frank Einstein for the first time, and realized that it pained him to see Dino Attack Headquarters, a symbol of LEGO Planet's last hope, in such ruin... without even bringing down a fraction of the Mutant Dino army that was still invading the building.Dino Attack Headquarters shook as thunder echoed in the heavens. A Windship drew close to Dino Attack Headquarters, but was subsequently shot down by a T-1 Typhoon and an Agents Aerial Defense Unit. A flock of Mutant Pterosaurs dive-bombed towards the building, but then were knocked out of the sky by a pair of T-1 Typhoons.When they found the Portal Operations Team and the Teleport Pad, Rex noticed that the Teleport Pad was much larger than the one originally built several months ago. This one was large enough to teleport an entire Fire Hammer, and with good reason; as they approached the Super Teleport Pad, a Dino Air Tracker lowered a wrecked Fire Hammer with a pair of badly-wounded agents inside, treated by a medic that Rex recognized as Dr. Samuel "Lay" Go. Nodding grimly, General pushed a button, and the Fire Hammer, wounded agents, and Dr. Go all disappeared in a flash of blue light. The Dino Air Tracker departed to find someone else who needed evacuation.General, Shock, and Sam Throramebi turned to face Rex, his comrades, and the founding members as they approached. The three of them were all dripping wet and covered with dirt, and Rex noticed that Throramebi's prosthetic mechanical arm was missing, forcing the Rock Raider to work with only one hand. General nodded his head towards Specs. "Just as you ordered," he murmured, "we have built a Super Teleport Pad to Antarctica."Specs nodded grimly. Looking down at the Einstein Device in his hands, whose lights were still flashing blue, the team leader sighed. "Unfortunately, I believe that we may need to evacuate far more than I originally hoped, and even this Super Teleport Pad might not be enough. I've tried to repair the launcher, but I haven't the tools. And with the Einstein Device armed and possibly unfinished, there's no telling how much time we have or how much damage it will cause."The Portal Operations Team traded glances. "What do you propose, then?" inquired Shock."Please hand me your radio," Specs held out his hand. Shock obeyed and gave him her radio. With Gromtin's help, since she learned a thing or two from Hertz, Specs was able to broadcast the message to the entire Dino Attack Team and its allies. Before he spoke, Specs closed his eyes and rubbed his forehead, and Rex felt a shiver down his spine as he witnessed what he believed to be Specs feeling defeated for the first time in his life."My fellow Dino Attack agents and allies, we are now in our darkest hour of greatest peril. Dino Attack Headquarters has suffered great structural damage already, and still Mutant Dinos are breaking in with the intention of bringing down what is left. I will not lie to you; if Dino Attack Headquarters falls, then I believe that this battle is lost. I fear I have no choice but to prepare you for defeat.All rookie agents are ordered to leave the city, either by means of your own transportation or by being airlifted by a Dino Air Tracker to the Teleport Pad on Dino Attack Headquarters' top floor; it is too dangerous for you. Standard agents are advised to do likewise, but encouraged to keep fighting if you have the courage. All elite agents must report to Dino Attack Headquarters to protect this building and hold off Dr. Rex's forces for just a little longer. We also have a... device that some of you elite agents may help repair; come to the thirteenth floor for further details.Teammates, comrades, allies... friends... this is the end, and it will end one way or another, but it is up to us to decide how it will end. Make me proud."With that, Specs ended the message and walked towards a shattered window to survey the battlefield below. After a moment of silence, he handed the radio back to Shock and nodded grimly. "Thank you. You are now dismissed. For your own safety, I advise that you go to Antarctica now.""Excuse me?" frowned Shock, who blinked in surprise. "I joined this team to get revenge on Dr. Rex. I'm not leaving until I get the opportunity to give him what's coming to him. Let me at least talk to him; maybe I can confuse his emotions long enough to-"Frozeen bit his lip. "Err, Shock, listen to me... Kat already tried to pull off that stunt and... well, it didn't work. In fact, it only made things worse.""Kat?" blinked Rex. "As in, Katerina Schattenberg?" He remembered what Hotwire had told him just before the Adventurers' Island mission, that Katerina Schattenberg was actually Dr. Rex's long-lost sister. Dr. Rex already knew that Talia Kaahs had turned against him; Rex knew that all too well, judging from the end of the Goo Caverns mission. But if Katerina, his own sister, tried to talk to him and only made things worse... "Everything we throw at this guy that doesn't kill him only makes him stronger," Rex muttered. "We're going to have to kill him in one swift blow."General gently laid a hand on Shock's shoulder. "Please," he whispered. "I'm old; I've lived my life, even if it is a life full of regret. You, at least, are still young... please, be safe. Too many have died already, and seeing as you've only just convinced me that I still have a heart... don't break it." They locked eyes for a moment, and then they embraced for what may be the last time. It pained Rex to recognize the same feelings that he shared with Amanda, and he clutched his chest again... not due to chest pains, but due to heartache."Take Mary Rose wi' ye," added Greybeard. Kneeling down, Greybeard looked Mary Rose in the eyes. "Be safe," murmured the old pirate, "me granddaughter." Mary Rose wrapped her arms around Greybeard's torso, pressing her head against his chest. Greybeard was taken by surprise for a moment, but then relaxed and returned the embrace.Patting Sam Throramebi on the back, Frozeen smiled grimly. "Well, old friend, I don't think one arm's going to do you any good out here.""Agreed," nodded Sam, glancing at the hole in the socket where the mechanical arm used to be attached. "And I don't think any of you want to hear my high-pitched girly scream.""You still say 'Eep!' when you're scared?" Frozeen chuckled softly, recalling all the good memories that he spent with his old Rock Raider friend.Despite the current mood, Sam Throramebi laughed one last time. "Yep. 'Eep!' That's still my line." They patted each other on the back, neither wishing to acknowledge that they might never see each other again."Rex, are you going or staying?" inquired Gromtin. "I might just think that it's... you know, a little safer for you. That wheelchair, unfortunately, doesn't come packed with all the weaponry that this one does."Rex shook his head. "Like it or not, I'm staying. And I'm not leaving until Dr. Rex is dead."That settled it. Shock, Throramebi, and Mary Rose stood in the Super Teleport Pad, saying their final goodbyes. General pushed a button, and the three Minifigs vanished in a flash of blue light. And then, they were gone, safe in Antarctica.Rex frowned as he stared at the Teleport Pad. "Wait a second," he murmured. "What if Dr. Rex's intent is not simply to destroy Dino Attack Headquarters? What if he also wants to teleport Mutant Dinos down to Antarctica to wipe out the refugee facilities?"After that, thunder rang like a church bell, shaking Dino Attack Headquarters like an earthquake. Looking out at the battlefield, Rex knew that Specs was right. This was the end. It was time for a penultimate ultimatum to determine how this story would end.OOC: Basically, Andrewnuva's proposal as to how the Einstein Device could work is if we all contribute in some way to its defeat. Some suggestions he made were Zachary and Dr. Cyborg's knowledge of the Maelstrom being contributed to the Einstein Device's programming; technicians, builders, and scientists such as Reptile and Andrew working to finish the Einstein Device; and fighters and soldiers such as Rotor helping to keep the Mutant Dinos where we want them for when the Einstein Device is finally fired. Of course, this will require cooperation, but a little teamwork between our players certainly would help bring about a satisfactory end to the final battle, right?Unfortunately, the end of August is upon us, and I now strongly believe that Dino Attack RPG will carry on into at least the beginning of September (I'm thinking, after the end of the final battle, I'll give everyone a week to wrap things up for good). If this is the case, then I'll do all in my power to stick around until the end, but my ability to post as often as I've been doing for this summer (practically one post a day!) will be inhibited. Just letting you guys know in advance.

OOC: NOOOOOO! Not Athena! Now we can't do the epic mother vs. mother confrontation between her and Sarah Bishop!

OOC: Well, I'd understand the "way over her head" idea after seeing the Maelstrom in its purest and learning about the dark side and family secrets within XERRD, but one would think after that crowning moment of awesome when she delivered the final blow to the Darkitect at the Maelstrom temple, she would at least start pulling herself back together and become a willing and strong agent.
You know, this brings up an interesting point. The reason that I chose Kate Bishop (not Rex, not Frank Einstein, not Pterisa, not even Sam Sinister) to deliver the final blow is because I wanted to let her character "grow up" a little, as well as to show that you don't have to be a great soldier, scientist, etc. to have what it takes to save the day. She'll never be like Rex, Reptile, Andrew, Hotwire, Zachary, etc., but she should be able to have the courage to do what's right in a moment of great crisis. Unfortunately, all that was undone as soon as Kate appeared in Atton Rand's next post.
OOC: Give the poor girl some credit, man! Between finding out her own mother's been lying to her, finding out the even more horrific story of what really happened to her mother, learning who her real father is and that she was only born because her mother had intercourse in a hospital, fighting against mutant dinosaurs, seeing the one man who could get her access to the real Wallace Bishop killed, and seeing her mother beating two people up, all in the span of roughly two or three days; I'd say she's got quite a bit on her mind right now. Combining that of course with the possibility of early stages of PTSD (if I'm not mistaken, people don't actually start showing symptoms until at least a month after the event in question), possible learning disabilities, and a general indecisiveness of where she wanted to take her life to begin with...IC: All rookie agents are ordered to leave the city, either by means of your own transportation or by being airlifted by a Dino Air Tracker to the Teleport Pad on Dino Attack Headquarters' top floor; it is too dangerous for you. Standard agents are advised to do likewise, but encouraged to keep fighting if you have the courage. All elite agents must report to Dino Attack Headquarters to protect this building and hold off Dr. Rex's forces for just a little longer. We also have a... device that some of you elite agents may help repair; come to the thirteenth floor for further details.Sarah stroked Kate softly as the announcement played over the P.A. system. "I think we ought to be going," she said. "Dr...""Saran.""Saran, much as I appreciate your help, I think we might want to get out of here while we still can."Saran looked at her nervously, clearly thinking for a moment. "I don't think Kate will ever be psychologically fit to fight in this team," he said.

Shaw coughed as she and the other two women stepped through the HQ. There was smoke everywhere, but no sign of wounded yet.

"We got a very serious emergency!"What's wrong?""I can't get the engine started! And now I somehow nailed my finger to a birdhouse accidentally!""Do you have some bacon?""What?""Bacon.""Yeah! I think we got some in our rations!""Rub some bacon on it!""What?""On your hand, just do it!""Okay... hey it worked! Now what about the engine."Rub some bacon on it.""Oh no, we're being attacked by a mutant T-Rex! We're low on ammunition!""Rub some bacon on it!""Hey, what do you know? That actually worked. The T-Rex just spontaneously decided to take a nap! Now for the engine?""Rub some bacon on it!""The engine's working! Let's go!"

Edited by Atton Rand

IC:Kara landed by the building Rotor was in."Alright, everyone in!" she yelled as they boarded.While flying back to HQ to evacuate all they needed to, she asked Rotor,"Would you be able to fly one of these things equipped as a gunship with a super-smart AI to help?"OOC:Short, but all I've got time for.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC:

OOC: Give the poor girl some credit, man! Between finding out her own mother's been lying to her, finding out the even more horrific story of what really happened to her mother, learning who her real father is and that she was only born because her mother had intercourse in a hospital, fighting against mutant dinosaurs, seeing the one man who could get her access to the real Wallace Bishop killed, and seeing her mother beating two people up, all in the span of roughly two or three days; I'd say she's got quite a bit on her mind right now. Combining that of course with the possibility of early stages of PTSD (if I'm not mistaken, people don't actually start showing symptoms until at least a month after the event in question), possible learning disabilities, and a general indecisiveness of where she wanted to take her life to begin with...
Oh, c'mon. We get that she's got some problems, but after "the one man who could get her access to the real Wallace Bishop killed" (Mind you, he told her she could find him at that Napoleon asylum) tells her how proud and happy he is of her, gives her encouragement, and she, again, beats the freakin' Darkitect, don't you think she would at least have made some recovery?Look, I'm sorry if I sound rude, but what you're doing with Kate is just going a little too overboard with a "realistic" depiction of a 18-year old in the midst of a war on mutant dinosaurs. There's nothing wrong with a little serious look at a young girl's psychological state, but this isn't a realistic story. This is a story where dinosaurs are alive and well (somewhat), a pizza delivery boy and a low-level crook who's tried to take over an island mutliple times work together to fight mutant dinosaurs, and an evil entity based around chaos and deconstruction can reanimate a Mutant T-Rex from the brirk of death. We're not so much playing for realism so much as fun and a good story, and to be frank, seeing a youing woman fall from a good fighter and one of the big darn heroes of the Adventurers' Island campaign to a poor, crying little girl who won't "ever be psychologically fit to fight in this team" isn't the sort of thing most of us want to see.What I'm trying to say, and what PeabodySam meant when trying to help her "grow up" with her moment at the Maelstrom temple, and what That Guy meant when putting her in his psychological session, is simply that we want to Kate Bishop to get over her problems, stop crying, and become an effective member of the team like she was when you introduced her at the beginning of Adventurers Island. Realism be darned, we can motivate her with a good speech from someone, or simply her mother being an encouragement, because we've gotten away with it before in-story, and we can do it again.Also, might I ask you something, Atton? Were it up to you to write that part in PeabodySam's post about Kate and the Imagination orb, would you have had Kate be able to bear the pressure of the Darkitect and strike that final stab that allowed the Imagination to overwhelm and defeat the Maelstrom?Now then, Optimism awaaaay!!! (Superman theme here)IC: "...Well, that's a buzzkiller.""No way. He can't be serious.""I knew we had no chances all along.""Mm, whacha say? I didn't quite hear.""How could this happen to me? I don't understand...""Maybe we better retreat. Allow us to at least say our goodbyes to our families.""Man, if I find the cool dude responsible for setting off those explosives, French Fries will consider himself lucky.""We're doomed? We still have a giant Alpha Team cruiser in the air!"Semick felt chilled to his core like nothing else had over the course of this war.Specs himself... admitting defeat? Advising most agents to retreat, while saying that nearly all hope was lost? It was unbelievable. Their leader himself was losing hope in their chances...Shock quickly turned to fear... fear of defeat. And Semick was reminded of his departure from the Power Miners. He knew that he hadn't left out of fear, but he did know that some others had, following in the tracks of one man who just happened to think his time was done.No, Semick thought. No... no, that will not happen.The fear quickly turned to a firey anger of determination. The Elite Agent's mind quickly went abuzz with plans and words, and in only a few moments, he had grabbed his radio mic, and flipped his frequency to a signal every agent would hear."This is Elite Agent Semick. As you know, Specs has just sent out a message telling us he is afraid we are close to defeat. He has advised the Rookies and most Standard agents to retreat, while advising the Elite Agents to return to HQ to help with a device that may prove the key to victory."I, however, still hold quite a bit of optimism, however unhealthy that may be. Look around you. We have fought long and hard today. The Mutant Dinos are still coming hard, but we have taken many of their numbers out as of now, and they cannot last forever. Furthermore, even if they have allies with the wtiches and Inferno agents, we do have allies of our own. Alpha Team, Agents, the LEGO Villians, even XERRD themselves have come to our aid. We are hurt, I will not lie, but we are not incapacitated."We have hit darkest hours before, and we have survived them to continue fighting. We've had our first HQ decimated by mutiny. We've nearly lost our power station to an all-out attack. We were nearly quashed by an ambush in the Goo Caverns. We were cut off on our own in LEGO Island's Netherworld. We were split between ourselves like no other occasion with the exposure of the Antarctica mission. We were caught by surprise by deception and forced to face our worst fears at the Maelstrom temple. And only recently our integrity and strength were nearly blown away by the actions of the traitor Ata."Because of this, I am not backing down. I am continuing the fight, and if you're like-minded, I want you all, from the newest rookie to the most veteraned Elite, to stand by me, and continue fighting off these monsters! This is not over, we have faced and overcome horrifying odds before and we WILL do so again! We are not beaten, we are not on our last legs, we are a untied team with strong allies and only a few flesh wounds!"However, I will let my fellow Elite Agents know that they may feel free to report to Specs. What his group is doing is important, I am sure, and you are all skilled in ways I am sure can assist with their work. I am just letting you all know that I am continuing to remain on duty here in the battlefield, with the rest of our forces, ready to defend our team to the end. Even if Dino Attack Headquarters falls, the Dino Attack team will not die! We will overcome the odds, just like we have countless times before! And no true agent is going to retreat in this time of greatest need!"We shall stand together, and we will show these minions of darkness and chaos just what the strength of the creative, strong and determined agents of Dino Attack is capable of! Are you with me?!"There was silence on the radio. For ten seconds. Semick briefly began feelling a sense of disappointment, and his hope started to drain. Then, he heard a noise over the radio. It started with one "Yeah!", then a "I'm with you!", then several more, then several dozen more, until his radio crackled with cries of support. Perhaps half or five-sixths of the team was replying at once over the radio.Semick grinned. Grinned with relief, joy, and readiness. "Alright then! Iron Predators, split up and set yourselves away from Dr. Rex and the giant robot, and began aiming at the latter! Fire Hammers, Urban Avengers, start attacking those Mutant Dinos headed for HQ! Their charge should make them more easy pickings! T-1 Typhoons, keep together with your PLARXX rays on and stick together in groups of six, and go for the Mutant Pterosaurs and witchcraft ships and their Maelstrom dragons! Agents, Alpha Team, XERRD, help out however you can, but focus mainly on Inferno's forces and the witches!"Stick together, and stay strong in your fights! We're not done yet!"-----------Stranger hadn't had this much fun since the start of this whole war. Firing away with his laser sniper rifle from the ruins of a bar that had been attacked earlier, he was scoring a kill or two every time he fired his rifle. With his Mutant Lizard ally keeping watch over the area, and misdirecting Mutant Dinos wandering over, he was doing perfectly well in terms of battle survival.Semick is right, the agent though. We're far from finished. Though it is getting a little bit boring around here...Grabbing his PDA, he switched it to the comn frequency and sent out a message. "Hey! To any snipers misplaced during the HQ assult, feel free to hit the dismantled bar those Mutant Dinos trashed earlier. It's ripe for sniping!"-----------"I admit, I know nothing about the kind of sciency technology that we seem to use a lot," Andrew explained to his crew as he drove to HQ, "but I do know building, and if there's a role I can play in gathering parts or designing how this device works or whatever, I'm sure I can do something.""Alright, alright," said Laxus. "I'll just do my best driving this thing while Catless and Pterisa remain on top with the turret. If you need our help again, just call us.""Will do."Avoiding the charge of Mutant DInos hitting around the main entrance, Andrew stopped near the hanger area, which was having less Mutant Dinos enter through it, due to a lack of targets. For now, anyways."Are you sure you don't want our help getting up there?" Laxus asked again as Andrew grabbed his laser rifle and opened the door."You're going to be needed out there like everyone else," Andrew replied. "I just need to get inside and up to the thirteenth floor. The Mutant Dinos are likely going to remain busy around the science labs and lower floors. I just need to reach a catwalk, find a door to the upper floors from there, and reach a stairway. It'll be simple enough after that.""Well, good luck up there," said Laxus as Andrew hopped out. "But just in case of... well, you know, I'd just like to let you know it's been a great pleasure fighting and joking alongside you, Andrew.""Same here. I still have to show you what it's like to be in a real LEGO Island party."Laxus snickered and moved to the driver's seat. As he closed Andrew's door, Catless and Pterisa took a moment to climb off the Xenon turret and say their own fairwells."We may not know each other much," said Catless, shaking Andrew's hand, "but you've definitely proved to be skilled enough at lasting through tough battles like this. I'm glad we could be on the same vehicle.""Again, I'm greatful for all you've done and let me do with you," said Pterisa. "I don't think I would've gotten in quite so easily with your team if you hadn't. Let's hope for the best after all this." She rose her hand, as if to shake Andrew's as well, but as Andrew rose his own hand, she shook her head and muttered "Oh, why not?" and gave the LEGO Islander a hug.Andrew was quite surprised, but not unaccepting, letting himself hug her back and smile slightly. They held that posture for only a moment before moving apart again. Pterisa and Catless then returned to the Fire Hammer turret, and they, along with Laxus, waved goodbye to Andrew as the vehicle sped off back into battle.Andrew, after waving goodbye to them, then started looking for a catwalk to get up on. Several of the stairs and ladders up to them were damaged or broken, and some more had been blocked by containers that looked to be part of Reptile's plans involving the Green Goo, bu there were a few around the back still intact, and Andrew headed over there to check them out. Edited by Andrewnuva199

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

OOC:
OOC: Give the poor girl some credit, man! Between finding out her own mother's been lying to her, finding out the even more horrific story of what really happened to her mother, learning who her real father is and that she was only born because her mother had intercourse in a hospital, fighting against mutant dinosaurs, seeing the one man who could get her access to the real Wallace Bishop killed, and seeing her mother beating two people up, all in the span of roughly two or three days; I'd say she's got quite a bit on her mind right now. Combining that of course with the possibility of early stages of PTSD (if I'm not mistaken, people don't actually start showing symptoms until at least a month after the event in question), possible learning disabilities, and a general indecisiveness of where she wanted to take her life to begin with...
Oh, c'mon. We get that she's got some problems, but after "the one man who could get her access to the real Wallace Bishop killed" (Mind you, he told her she could find him at that Napoleon asylum) tells her how proud and happy he is of her, gives her encouragement, and she, again, beats the freakin' Darkitect, don't you think she would at least have made some recovery?Look, I'm sorry if I sound rude, but what you're doing with Kate is just going a little too overboard with a "realistic" depiction of a 18-year old in the midst of a war on mutant dinosaurs. There's nothing wrong with a little serious look at a young girl's psychological state, but this isn't a realistic story. This is a story where dinosaurs are alive and well (somewhat), a pizza delivery boy and a low-level crook who's tried to take over an island mutliple times work together to fight mutant dinosaurs, and an evil entity based around chaos and deconstruction can reanimate a Mutant T-Rex from the brirk of death. We're not so much playing for realism so much as fun and a good story, and to be frank, seeing a youing woman fall from a good fighter and one of the big darn heroes of the Adventurers' Island campaign to a poor, crying little girl who won't "ever be psychologically fit to fight in this team" isn't the sort of thing most of us want to see.
OOC: Yeah, but the whole point of Kate's character is that she really doesn't belong. I mean, sure I might be able to tone down her crying, but I'm not really sure what else I can do. I mean I could have her suddenly go an do something heroic but I'd have to be careful not to make it seem contrived or out-of-character.

OOC: Yeah, but the whole point of Kate's character is that she really doesn't belong. I mean, sure I might be able to tone down her crying, but I'm not really sure what else I can do. I mean I could have her suddenly go an do something heroic but I'd have to be careful not to make it seem contrived or out-of-character.
OOC: Yes, but remember that she didn't start out that way. You said on the wiki that the main reason you introduced Kate Bishop was to put more girl characters into the team. Back then, she was smart enough to already know a great deal about the Maelstrom legends, freely particiapted in rescue efforts with the Rear Guard, made a bomb on her own to ward off Mutant Pterosaurs, volunteered on her own for the fortress infltration, and her only troubles was not clearly understanding her mission and getting an injury in the Mutant Dino/Regular Dino fight. In fact, this whole "Doesn't really belong" thing didn't really start until you had Kate get forced by Rotor to sneak back into the XERRD Fortress and try and get more intelligence. Being forced to something dangerous, being locked in an office, and learning that one of XERRD's leaders is potentially related to her (Done only because you noticed her sharing last names with Walter Bishop coincidentally, and you and PeabodySam decided to work with it) has to be shocking emotionally, but I find it hard to believe that it would leave her already in the early PTSD stages.All she experienced after that was various attacks and Mutant DIno encounters, which I understand she might not be completely ready for after her slight mental trauma, but hardly horrible, considering the war stories of some other characters. But for some reason, you portray her as already becoming too panicky to even be able to fight in standard battles anymore. You almost made her simply run away from the Maelstrom Temple battle if it hadn't been for PeabodySam intervening for his plot goals. Then of course she gets the plot revelations with Frank Einstein, which was mostly just why her mother thought to hide Wallace's gruesome and sad fate from her, hardly that major of a shocking secret that shakes everything she knows about her family. Then of course, Dr. Einstein dies, but he leaves her with these words:
"My time... is up... but my destiny... my destiny is clearer than ever now. My time is... up, but yours... your time has come. Kate... it is no mistake... that you joined Dino... Attack Team. You've... grown up... Uncle Wallace would have been... so... proud."
And then she sticks to the man of the Maelstrom and saves the day and gains everyone's gratitude and appreciation (well, all of the good-natured people), and what does she think after that? That she wasn't satisfied by any of it and only left in tears at knowing her mother lied to her and Dr. Einstein was gone and she was alone without anyone to really understand and help her and blah blah blah this is frankly disappointing. Boy, if only Dr. Einstein could see her then and now.Look, my point is that Kate's story of "never shoud've joined the team" is really disjointed and ridiculous. I can understand wanting to write a character arc like that, but your problem is that Kate wasn't started with that story in mind, so she went from a reasonably stable standard agent (she's technically a rookie, but so was Zach and he advanced pretty quickly, and in-story technicalities about low rank have never been that important out-of-story), which I would prefer to envision with That Guy's first attempt at her, to a crying, incapable young girl far too quickly and nonsensically. It started abruptly, it destroyed the effect of an awesome moment contributed by PeabodySam, and its leaving me, when I read you writing Dr. Saran as saying "I don't think Kate will ever be psychologically fit to fight in this team", to want to pull off a facepalm.I'm sorry, I mean no offense to you, Atton. I like you. I like talking with you and playing TF2 alongside you. But what you've done with Kate Bishop is a real annoyance to read. Edited by Andrewnuva199

OOC: Indeed, you do bring up some good points. I've just got to figure out a way to make it work. I mean if anyone has any suggestions I'm willing to hear them, though I am starting to wonder if there's a way I could work the whole Frank Einstein thing into it. I'm starting to think that maybe if someone could remind her what Frank Einstein said it might be a good starting point at any rate for a new arc. I can't garantee that she'll be an Elite Agent Cabin by the end but she'll hopefully improve somewhat.

Edited by Atton Rand

OOC: That's what I thought. It somewhat interferes with some plans I have, but they actually don't really require Zach. I'd just prefer if he was there. So I'll get Zach home as soon as I can.Also, your reaction to Athena's death was as planned, PeabodySam. Sorry for no confrontation with Sarah Bishop, Atton, as I tried to speed things along a bit (Not really sure what would come of said confrontation, Athena being amnesic up until her death. The only thing I could've seen is Sarah telling Athena off for being a bad mom or something).I did have this big long argument about Kate Bishop, but in short: I agree with Andrewnuva. Her characterization sort of derailed heavily and...yeah. The only suggest I have really is that she needs to listen to Cave Johnson's lemon speech. Instead of crying over everything, she needs to get mad. Life isn't fair and isn't going to get an easier. Instead of weeping and being life's door matt, she needs to get mad and do something. I'm not asking her to slay 196 Mutant Dinos and stand upon a hill of their corpses while she defeats Willa the Witch, Dr. Inferno, and Dr. Rex simultaneously. I'm asking her to man up and just fight dinos.IC:"This is Rookie Agent Dr. Martinet! Firstly, I'm staying behind regardless of rank because this team needs every medic it can get. Secondly, I have located Elite Agents Zachary and Fabello!""Well, that's good to hear, because the others want Zach at headquarters. Where did they go?""Eh...I'm a little lost, but what I'm getting is that-a Fabello's brother, who was with XERRD, forced them and Fabello's mother. Something happened and Fabello's mother was shot and killed. By her brother.""Ouch. Are they okay?""Zachary's fine. Fabello's...a little unresponsive at the moment, but Zachary assures me he'll try to snap her out of it. In the meantime, Zachary's told-a me to tell everyone to watch out for Oswald Fabello. He's blonde, mid-twenties, looks a bit insane, and apparently wearing a Dino Attack uniform, but works with XERRD-""Let me assure that, as a high-ranking member of XERRD, that Fabello has no haven with us.""-okay. Fabello has-a managed to tell me that he went by the codename Verrat, so don't trust anyone with that name, either. An Elite Agent friend of mine as secured a Fire Hammer brought in from Antarctica for them. Zachary says he'll contact the rest of the team as soon as he can."Holly Vinyaya sighed. She assumed that Athena Fabello had been the blonde-haired woman with Zach when she had reunited with them and met Blaire Darkling. Watching her brother kill their mother probably crushed Minerva. I imagine by the end of this battle, we'll all have scars, physical and emotional.She kicked a Mutant Lizard away and fired several Cosmotronic Ray blasts at a pack of purple lizards. Vinyaya had been simply making the rounds. Shoot, kick, punch, grab, repeat. Run if a Mutant T-Rex showed up. Sprint if a Maelstrom Dragon landed nearby. Vinyaya was already mute to killing these beasts and henchmen. And she would keep fighting until the battle was won. Even with Specs calling out defeat.She wasn't alone. Nearby, two XERRD scientists aided her in her fight named Alvin Gadd and William Lee. The former was fighting with some type of backpack and the latter was in a strange hovercraft device. Dr. Lee had apparently forcibly strapped into the craft by Dr. Rex for suggesting to end the Dino Attack. Gadd had freed him and, with the new alliance with XERRD, was now fighting Mutant Dinos and their allies. Vinyaya didn't have time to hold any bitter feelings toward the XERRD scientists. Nobody did, as evidenced by Pepper Roni's arrival into the battlefield via the Brickster's T-1 Typhoon or Skeleton Drones fighting alongside Alpha Team agents.As she smashed the skull of a darkness Mutant Lizard, she saw a flash of white. Looking around briefly, Vinyaya saw Kareem Nazareno jam one of his katana's into the roof of a Mutant Raptor's mouth. She grinned as it fell to the ground. Nazareno pulled out his sword and nodded to Vinyaya."Good to see you again, Commander Vinyaya." He jumped away from the Mutant Raptor and slashed through the neck of a nearby Inferno agent taking aim. "I suppose I forgot to ask because of Vherestorm's appearance, but how is you're...ah, face?""Fine so far," Vinyaya said, smacking a Mutant Raptor away with the butt of her gun before shooting it. "It is a rather sore spot to be hit, as I learned from Gonepus."Nazareno was in a duel with a Fright Knight. "I heard about that. Congrats on defeating him. Serves him right for leading the team to the wrong temple." He sliced off the knight's arm and stabbed his chest with both swords. Nazareno quickly kicked the knight away and began to search for another enemy.Vinyaya grabbed the neck of one Mutant Lizard and began to swing it around. "So I suppose you heard about Darkling at XERRD?" She launched the Mutant Lizard and it bowled over several more."Yes," Nazareno slashed away at Mutant Dinos with ease. "Perhaps he really has changed. Unfortunately, if we are to miraculously win this battle and he survives, he will need to be captured for his crimes in the same vein that Pepper Roni will have to catch the Brickster again."A Mutant Lizard knocked Nazareno off his feet. Vinyaya quickly turned and shot the lizard off. As Nazareno jumped back to his feet, Vinyaya continued their conversation. "Where is Zelda?""Over there with Solomon Koplowitz," Nazareno said, his tone changing dramatically. Vinyaya turned her head and watched Zelda Frodongan stab her sword hard into the back of a Mutant Raptor. Vinyaya was surprised by the cold yet sad look in the energetic young agent's eye."Um...is she alright?" Vinyaya dared to ask. She turned away from Nazareno to continue the fight as he sighed, surprising her."No. In layman's terms, I screwed up." An eyebrow perked up on Vinyaya's face. A rather different change in vocabulary."What happened?"Nazareno kicked away an Inferno agent with surprising force. "Were you aware that Zelda was...infatuated with me?"Vinyaya let out a small snort as she broke a Fright Knight's neck. "Yeah. Zach and Minerva know too.""Did she tell you?"Vinyaya snorted again. "No, and she didn't need to. It was obvious with the way that she talked about you, looked at you, and acted around you."There was an edge of frustration in Nazareno's voice as he jumped on to a Mutant Raptor's head. "It was really that obvious?""A little bit. What happened with her? Did she tell you?" Vinyaya shot away several Mutant Raptors as Nazareno relayed how Zelda had revealed her feelings and Nazareno's response. "Oh. Yeah, you probably screwed up. The most important question is: do you share her feelings? I know you rejected her, but do you love her."The only sound for several seconds was sound of gunfire and dinosaur bellows. Then, "I don't know." Vinyaya turned her head sharply toward Nazareno, who was in a battle against three Fright Knights."You don't know." It was a flat statement. "How do you not know?"Nazareno kicked one Fright Knight underneath his chin before stabbing him in the chin. "I...well..." Vinyaya raised another eyebrow. Stammering? From Nazareno? Apparently, it was more likely than you would think. "I've never actually had any romantic feelings for anyone, let alone have someone publicly feel them for me."Vinyaya jammed her gun into a Mutant Lizard's mouth and killed it instantly. "Never? Even as a hormone-controlled teenager? Well, I don't know anything about you space ninjas, so I don't know if there were woman in your monastery or whatever. Unless you like..." Vinyaya drifted off, making her meaning."There were women," Nazareno said with shrug as he brought his sword into the leg of another Fright Knight, "But I could only really see them as sisters. Once I left for the wider universe, I never really concerned myself with romance.""Well," Vinyaya said thoughtfully as she slammed her gun into the side of an Inferno agent's head. "This is not my area of expertise, and that's probably an understatement, but I'm going to help you."Nazareno cut the neck of the final Fright Knight. "How?""First things first. Since you are so conflicted about how you feel about her, how do you feel around her?"Nazareno thought briefly as he cut away Mutant Lizards. "Normal, I suppose." Vinyaya would've facepalmed if she wasn't fighting a Fright Knight. Luckily, Nazareno continued "I find myself a lot more tolerant of her personality and quips than I would with anyone else. I suppose I've connected with her better than anyone else in awhile. I enjoy her company and..." He stopped as he saw Vinyaya grinning at him. "What?" She didn't say anything, merely continued to smile knowingly at him. Nazareno's eyes narrowed. "I see what you've done. Clever, Commander.""So say it then."Vinyaya could easily imagine Nazareno's face turning red. "I'm...infatuated with Zelda Frodongan."Vinyaya chuckled quietly. Close enough. She started running as two Mutant Raptors start to approach her. "Throw me on top of one of them!" she yelled out. Nazareno nodded and leaped back on to the ground. He lowered himself to a crouch and extended his hands. Vinyaya stepped on to his hands and felt herself be propelled into the air. She stumbled and grabbed on to the spike of a Mutant Raptor's head. Climbing back up, Vinyaya started shooting Mutant Raptors with the Cosmotronic Ray, allowing Nazareno to easily dispatch them. Vinyaya then fired three shots into the Mutant Raptor's head she was standing on and fell to the ground as the dino collapsed.As Nazareno helped her back up, she looked at him. "So you know what to do now, right?""I'm not a total fool, Commander. I've already been intending to apologize for my rather...harsh response."Vinyaya rolled her eye again as she turned to keep fighting dinos. "Well, besides that. You've got to admit your feelings to her."There was slight hesitation in Nazareno's voice as he continued. "Is this really the right thing to do? I mean, like I said, there's a significant difference in age and the whole 'mentor-student' type relationship and-""Kareem Nazareno," Vinyaya said flatly, interrupting him. He could hear him briefly mutter about using his first name, but she ignored it. "I get it. You feel uncomfortable with the idea. Zelda is right. She is as much of an adult as you are. She is a happy, kind young woman who clearly cares for you a lot. and you clearly care for her." Vinyaya crossed her arms expectantly, waiting for an argument. Nazareno sighed."You're right, of course," Nazareno admitted, looking back toward Zelda. "I'm just..." Nazareno sighed again. "Thank you for helping me see reason, Commander. I really needed it."Vinyaya nodded. Kareem Nazareno needing help. Not only that, but romantic help. She smiled warmly at him. "You better go talk to her." Nazareno nodded once before turning and running back to Zelda and Solomon. Feeling satisfied, Vinyaya turned back to the battle. A million dinos down, a million more to go.

OOC: You're out of it for a few days and everything gets worse. I can barely keep tabs on what's happening anymore.IC:The two Fire Hammers pulled up along the side of the street. The squad exited the vehicles, and B turned and faced the rest of the minifigs."I don't care what you guys think, I need to go in alone. It's my mission, and he only wants me to come," said B."I don't like it," said Rob, "But it seems like our only option. But still, we've waited years for this opportunity!"***LEGOLAND Special Forces HQ, March 23, 2006."Alright soldiers. You've been transferred to special forces because you've shown more skill than is usually seen in new recruits. You were also recommended stay as one unit, which says something about your teamwork skills. Now, here in spec force, we do not go by names and ranks. We go by code names, and you, apparently, were not being called by your real names anyways, so we should just keep going with those names for the sake of unit cohesion. Now your code names are ... Let me check my list: B, Crooks, Sucker, Knuckles, Rookie. Odd names, but I'll be honest, most code names don't make much sense anyway. My name is Tempest, and I will take personal command of this new squad, as you are not being inserted into existing squads. Do you understand?"***LEGOLAND Special Forces HQ, May 19, 2006"B, do you understand why you're here?""I was guessing something about the outstanding op I pulled off, but your tone of voice tells me otherwise.""You may have completed your objective, but you managed to get your squad killed. What's your explanation?""I was given no time to learn about this squad that I suddenly had to command. Also, just for the record, the intel we were given said nothing about there being snipers waiting for us."Tempest paused, "Alright, dismissed."***LEGOLAND Special Forces HQ, July 28, 2007"Alright guys," said Rob," Do you know why I called this 'meeting'?""Don't keep us in suspense, Rob," said Kevin, "Or make us guess. Just tell us.""Well, I've noticed an alarming trend. Every time we are briefed for a mission, we get the data, and then when we're inserted at whatever drop point they choose, we find out that either A: the number of hostiles we might have to eliminate is significantly higher than expected, or B: they're already waiting for us. That concludes the presentation, now for the quiz: what does that data indicate?""Sounds to me like we got a weak link in the system," said Sam, "Who lays eyes on any data that gets funneled to us?""I don't know. But we can find out. I wrote a analytical program that will find out, hopefully. Parameters include security clearance, and how much info is available to them at any time. Simply put in what area of the department you want to scan, and let it go." "You planned this out, Rob," said B, "Were you just waiting for our approval to push the button?""Pretty much. Data collecting... and... Son of a megablok.""What is it? Who is it?""It says the weak link is Tempest.""What's his background? Any indication from that?""What background? None to be had. That's what the algorithm caught, really. In charge of almost the entire department, but nothing. We even have access to some of the highest ranked people's personal info, but nothing on Tempest. I hate to say it, but we have a winner. All data passes through him, and only through him. Now, how do we handle this?""I got this," said B, "Look, I'm two bad debriefings away from a court-martial anyway, so if we're wrong somehow, I'm the only one who has to burn. Tempest doesn't like me anyway. I'm going to go to his office, and casually see what data I can get. Alright?"B walked down to Tempest's office. No one that he passed paid him any attention, as his squad was known to be on the fast track. He came up to the door and knocked. There was no answer. B knocked again, and waited for another minute, and then carefully opened the door. His jaw dropped. The office was empty. The furniture was still there, but any technology, files, or anything that would contain important data was gone. All that was left was a laptop on the desk, facing the chair. B walked up to the desk. On the laptop, there was a video ready to played. B hit the button. Tempest's face appeared on the screen."Nice job, B. I must say, it took you long enough to figure it out, and even then, it took a seventeen year old boy to find out! Granted, he is a prodigy, but I thought you would have picked up on the hints sooner than this. Yes, I am what you would call a 'traitor'. I have my own game to play, and you and your squad were just some pawns that were convenient to move. B, you should realize that in order to get power, you should learn to recognize all the means to whatever end is best for you. Not all of them are legitimate. Forget about it, and you'll go far, because you need to learn subtlety and also, and most importantly, when to give up. Good-by, B."B walked back to his barracks, fuming. He slammed the door as he walked in. He was startled again by the presence of a minifig who normally wasn't there."General! What are you doing here?""I see you just found out we have a rouge commander. He's gone, isn't he.""He ironically gave me his last bad piece of advice. I'm not going to follow it. General, Request permission to track down and eliminate Tempest.""I'm afraid I can't do that, B. Our top agents are already on it. In the meantime, you and your squad are being transferred to Alpha Team. Their goals are more in line with what you seem to be wanting to do, and your methods will mesh better there.""You're just going to cover this up, aren't you! Move the squad to the next most secretive organization, and there's no evidence to take care of!" "In the most blunt terms, B, yes. We can't risk this getting out, because, believe it or not, people can't handle the truth.""Most people can't handle a lot of things, general. That doesn't mean that they don't need it."***Downtown LEGO City, Present day."Rob," said Sam, "Before B goes and tries to take down a rouge commander, who may or may not be there, don't you have something for him?""Oh yeah! B, the boys in R&D said that they needed someone to test this out in the field. Chris said that you'd make better use of it. Brand new clip on armor plating. Should keep you a bit safer during some of the moves you like to make.""Wow. Rob, you didn't forget the other package, did you?""Nope. B, you are completely megablocking crazy, you know that?""Yeah."B attached the body armor to his already somewhat substantially protective jumpsuit. He grabbed the duffel bag that Rob handed to him and walked down the street towards the diner."Now, I think we've been gone from the battle for a bit too long, so go out there for me and make Dad proud, ok. I might not be coming back," said B."You will," said Sam, "You'll figure something out."Kabrinsky's Pride loaded up and drove away towards DAHQ, leaving B alone."Yeah. I'll figure something out."

OOC: Interesting point, Brickman. If anyone would like to open a window of opportunity for such an event I might just be able to come up with something (it's just that there's not a whole lot she can do while hiding in a closet without any real incentive to come out).I was hoping That Guy and Brickman would help contribute to this part, given I'm using their characters (Carver and Hale, respectively) but I guess I'm on my own for the moment.IC: The three women coughed as they proceeded through a smoke-filled room. Here and there were a few corpses, but nobody worth helping yet. All Shaw could do was say a prayer in her head for them before moving on. Her eyes were swelling up with tears, though not so much out of any sense of depression as it was the fact that smoke was everywhere. Once or twice they heard explosions in a nearby room, or they'd see mutant lizards waiting in the next room and had to make a run for it.By this point they'd gotten to the second level, and it was a complete mess. Everywhere was debris, and once or twice the floor nearly gave way.OOC: Anyone who's still in the base is free to interact with Shaw, Hale, and Carver's group. I'm sure some of you have at least been bruised slightly by an explosion of such magnitude.

Edited by Atton Rand

OOC:If someone could help me keep my pages on the wiki up to date, I would appreciate it.IC:Dr. Cyborg considered. He had heard Specs, Specs of all people, the leader of the team, say that defeat was likely. He couldn't believe it. Anyways, he had bigger fish to fry. All Elite Agents had been ordered to HQ to help with device of some sort. He steered the Titanium Predator towards the smoking building.On the way, he sent a message to Bane. "I need you and Screech to engage the Inferno robot. It's causing a lot of trouble here, and you are its equal, at least, in power."When he arrived, he set the Predator to hover and jumped out on top of the building."Elite Agent Dr. Cyborg reporting, sirs."

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC: I'd be all up for Zach or Minerva telling Kate to get "Jarate'd" off. Particularly Minerva, as I remember her briefly thinking about the differences between them during Rotor's big trial deal. However, since Minerva is mostly in grief and due to a variety of other factors, she'll probably not meet Kate. Perhaps Zach will find her when he gets back to headquarters. Or someone else. Or create a character to do it.As for Naomi Hale: she is most definitely just a one-off reference characters that I created just in case I ever needed another medic. I don't. I'll just go off and say Hale just "happpens" to be wearing a red shirt underneath her labcoat...And another thing. Naomi Hale shares her first name with two other medical personell and her last name with Brixton Hale and Archibald Hale. Time for some mass guessing. She's the most unoriginal character ever.IC:"Tell your Elite Agent friend thanks," Zach said to Marco Martinet as he climbed out of medical Fire Hammer. It had pulled up to a fresh Fire Hammer brought in from Antarctica."I'll-a see to it," Martinet said, bowing his head. He then leaned in close. "Tell your-a friend Minerva that I'm sorry. There-a wasn't anything I could do."As if on cue, Minerva climbed out of the Fire Hammer. Her eyes had a reddish tint to them that suggested crying. She shook Martinet hand slowly."Thank you for the ride," Minerva said quietly, her voice shaking. Zach grimaced. "And thank you for getting her body flown to the headquarters. You gave the crew my request, right?"Martinet nodded solemnly. She had asked him to fly her mother's body to the Super Teleport Pad in the headquarters, where her body would be taken to Antarctica. She had given a specific request for no one to bury the body until she return or until Minerva died herself. "Thank you," Minerva whispered. She and Zach then began to walk toward their new Fire Hammer as Martinet drove away.Zach occasionally turned his eyes upon Minerva, who was completely silent. She had finally gotten to see her mother truly for the first time in fourteen years, only for her to die. Not only that, but it was her own brother that had pulled the trigger that ended Athena's life. Zach knew Oswald had completely lost it in a combination of regret and a sense of failure. He was trying to simply save his sister and finding out there was no way to save her had crushed him."You're worried he's going to find me," Minerva said suddenly. "And kill me, like he did with Mom." Zach nodded. Minerva looked at him. She seemed completely broken by her facial expression. "I don't know if I can do it...kill him...he killed Mom, but he was my closest friend for years..."Zach didn't say anything. Minerva might not be able to kill Oswald, but he certainly could. He sympathized with Oswald to an extent, but not enough to keep him alive. If Oswald came after them, he would kill him with one swift blast of Maelstrom. Zach had actually grown fond of Athena Fabello in the time he had traversed LEGO City with her and it had hurt him watching her die just like watching Thaddeus Brickhouse die. Only this time, he had managed to keep his emotions in check for both of their sakes. But he didn't say any of this Minerva. "Driver or gunner?" Zach said instead."I'll take the launcher," Minerva said with little emotion. Zach nodded, understanding. She wanted to think by herself. And the best way was to take some emotions out on Mutant Dinos."You'll pull through," Zach suddenly said, full of sincerity. He knew he would. It's been a long time, but she's been through it before. Minerva wouldn't let this stop her. She could probably find away to have this drive her. And he would be there to help. Minerva's lip quivered slightly. Brushing her damp hair out of her face, she nodded and climbed on to the back.Zach climbed into the driver seat, "You set, Minerva?""No use sitting around here anymore," Minerva said over their comm connection. Zach started up the vehicle and started to drive toward Dino Attack Headquarters. As he drove, he flipped on the radio."Elite Agent Zachary is back online," Zach said. "What's my next move?" The radio seemed to explode with chatter. Several people were inquiring about Athena and Oswald, but Zach ignored those agents. He was getting bits and pieces of updates."Defeat? It's a scandal! It's an outrage!""I'm not leaving until Dr. Rex is six feet under.""Whose mom died? Kate Bishop's?""We're doomed, aren't we?""No! We can still win. We have every organization under the sun helping us, including XERRD!""Elite Agent Zachary? Can you hear me?"Zach jumped on to the last one. "Yes? Who is this?""My name Elite Agent Rosalie Mercedes. I got the Fire Hammer for you.""Ah, thanks for that. Can you tell me what's going on?""Certainly. Specs has called for a retreat. Rookie agents, wounded, and non-agent personnel besides Medics are being asked to head for a teleport pad in the building that would teleport them to Antarctica. Standard Agents can retreat, but many are staying to fight out the battle. All Elite Agents have been requested to head to the thirteenth floor of Dino Attack Headquarters. Since there is an aura of secrecy around this, please move to the Elite agent frequency so I can continue to speak to you and Fabello."Zach quickly moved to the Elite agent channel, which was a lot quieter. "Thank you. Now, as I understand it, we have a weapon capable of defeating the remaining Mutant Dino army.""What, exactly? All I can think of his a nuke, but I can't imagine we'd have people hanging behind for that.""No. Have you heard the rumor about a 'Doctor Device'?" Zach remembered hearing something about it at one point. "Now being called the Einstein Device, this very real weapon will be able to wipe out the remaining Mutant Dino army without destroying the city. There's apparently some issues and Specs has called all Elite agents to help out. I have been requested to hold off the advancing army while the issues are resolved. I believe they specifically asked for you and your supposed knowledge of the Maelstrom to help in dealing with this weapon.""What about me?" Minerva suddenly asked, causing Zach to jump."I don't know, but I suppose you'll find out when you get to the thirteenth floor. I imagine you will be helping hold up the lines while the weapon is repaired."Zach sat in silence for a moment. He could be essential in turning this battle back to the Dino Attack's favor. ​Heh. I wonder if that so-called prophecy referred to this moment. "Consider us on our way," Zach said with confidence."I will relay that message to the Founding Members. Please hurry." A determined smirk formed on Zach's face as he slammed down on the pedal as he began to head to Dino Attack Headquarters. As he drove, he noticed someone being attacked by several Mutant Dinos. She was holding herself rather well, but Zach decided to turn and help."You see her?" Zach asked Minerva. Her response was peppering the Mutant Dinos with Xenon fire. As the Mutant Dinos dropped, Zach rolled up to the agent and rolled down the passenger window. "Like a lift?" he called out.Commander Holly Vinyaya climbed into the Fire Hammer, a half-hearted smirk on her face. "Don't mind if I do."*********************Kareem Nazareno ran back to Zelda Frodongan and Solomon Koplowitz, killing any Mutant Dino that crossed his path with ease. He knew what he had to do. He was slightly embarrassed by needing Vinyaya to tell him, but that didn't matter. He had to tell Zelda."Zelda!" Nazareno called out. Zelda turned toward him, a confused look on her face. Nazareno was about to admit his feelings when he saw a man jump on to a Mutant Raptor's back. The man quickly slashed the raptor's throat with a dark-colored katana with a purple line along its blade. The man jumped down from the raptor and landed behind Solomon and Zelda. They both turned and their eyes narrowed."Blaire Darkling," Nazareno said coldly. "I see you have not been sitting around these past three years.""Of course not," Blaire said with a half shrug, spinning his two Shinobi katanas absently, a sinister smirk on his face. Even if he was now allied with the Dino Attack Team, Nazareno did not trust the man for a minute."I'll admit, I didn't think you'd ally with us," Nazareno continued, striking a Hybrid in the chest with his sword. "What about your old mantra about finishing a job?""I do tend to work around things like that," Blaire said, slashing through a Mutant Lizard. "Dr. Rex told me to fight in this battle. I am, are I not?" Blaire then turned away from Nazareno to Solomon. "Solomon. It is fantastic to see you again, old man. I have to admire your courage for leaving the organization so soon. Perhaps you should return to XERRD. I'm sure Dr. Cyrista would approve moving you to third-in-command. I'm sure that between the two of you, XERRD can be restored to its former glory."Nazareno quickly caught Blaire. He only mentioned Solomon and Dr. Cyborg in restoring XERRD. What about himself. "We'll see, Darkling," Solomon said tersely, slashing open another Hybrid."And you," Blaire continued, turning to Zelda. "I have only seen you in the present of Nazareno. What is your name?""Zelda Frodongan," Zelda said icily. Blaire chuckled."I imagine if you are with the great Kareem Nazareno, you are just as skilled with a katana. Good thing too." Blaire gestured around them. Two Maelstrom Dragons touched the ground near two Mutant T-Rexes. The four massive beasts roared and assembled a good sized group of Mutant Dinos that began to surround Nazareno, Zelda, Solomon, and Blaire. "Because we're going to need all the skill we can get now."A bit of the old Zelda returned. "You just watch it, Darkling."Blaire laughed loudly. "Definitely a chip off the old Nazareno. Well, lady and gentlemen, it appears we are surrounded. Let's make this creatures regret this decision." Solomon and Zelda nodded curtly. Nazareno looked at Blaire curiously, who only smirked at him. He was up to something, but right now, he would have to trust that Blaire had his back.Nazareno, Zelda, Solomon, and Blaire stepped back until their backs were touching. They could see everything through each other. Seven katanas were raised. The gathered Mutant Dinos and two Maelstrom Dragons seemed to laugh as they closed in on their prey.Nazareno grimaced, but didn't back down. He was back-to-back-to-back-to-back with some of the most skilled swordsmen and swordswoman he had ever met. Solomon's face was emotionless, Zelda's face had a scowl, and Blaire had his signature smirk dancing on his face. Without warning, the dinos lunged forward, biting and clawing. Two ninjas and two ex-Paradox Shinobi versus what had to be more than fifty Mutant Dinos and two Maelstrom Dragons.You had to feel sorry for the Mutant Dinos.

Just when it seemed the panic and confusion of the medical bay could get know worse an explosion above rocked the headquarters. Dust and small debris rained down from the ceiling and a wave of powder rushed down the hallway.Hertz jumped out of bed in surprise. He obviously could not hear the blast but he felt the tremors run down the walls. All around him the wounded and medical staff ducked in cover and the shockwave blew papers across the room.The explosion was certainly substantial. Well it was not enough to level the base it had enough power to rock its foundation. As expected the basement held up to the blast but Hertz knew anyone upstairs would be far less fortunate.Gromtin had already given the orders to evacuate to the teleport pad on the top of the base. When the explosion struck many of the medical crew had already begun moving patents. Hertz had no idea how many they still had to transport but odds are debris topside would hinder their movements. Whatever had caused the blast could have possibly sealed them into the basement and trapped them below the surface.This is what Mort predicted. Thankfully the agent had been wise enough to order supplies sent down so the agents present could sustain themselves in such an event. Air was not a worry since the basement was fully ventilated. What concerned Hertz was how the battle was proceeding outside, if the agents above failed they would have no one to rescue them from beneath the rubble.Bluetooth had recently given Hertz permission to leave the hospital and help in whatever why he could. The elite agent was not positive Dr. Pierce would agree with the idea but considering Hertz technically outranked the doctor he was prepared to go over his head.Regardless, Hertz snuck out of the medical bay ensuring no doctors would see him. Movement was incredibly disorienting without the aid of his ears and he became more aware of subtle tremors and movements. His primary skill was now defunct but he was unable to just sit back and do nothing, he had a mission to the team and was willing to do whatever was necessary to ensure they put up a fight.Hertz soon found the stairs leading out of the basement. The hallway felt and looked deserted but considering his lack of hearing it was possible other agents were calling his name this very moment. His skills were in communication and when the team needed elite agents Hertz was unable to answer the call. He would head to the upper levels of the base and look for anyway he could help. His skills were limited but he refused to die as a useless man.The sensation in his ears was changing more to a ring. It was not totally quite inside his head but any outside sounds were indistinguishable. Every motion echoed inside his mind and bounced back and forth down his ear canals. He had little opportunity to talk with doctors but he was aware the damage caused to his ear was probably the result of damage to his ear bones. If he survived the battle he could have surgery, it would be what he had to live for.As he made his way up the stairs a hand touched his shoulder. He had no indication someone else was present and he jumped in surprise at the contact.Hertz spun around and saw Naomi standing behind him. Her face was heard to read but he sensed worry and sadness in her eyes. Her lips were moving and all Hertz could do was nod his head and pull her close.“I’M LEAVING.” Said Hertz as softly as he could. “I CAN’T JUST SIT HERE AND DO NOTHING AT A TIME LIKE THIS. I’LL CARRY AMMUNITION IF I HAVE TO BUT I’M NOT GOING TO SPEND THESE LAST MOMENTS BEING USLESS.”Naomi continued to speak but all her words were lost. All Hertz could comprehend were the emotions pouring out of her. She knew he could not hear her but it was something she needed to say. Naomi needed to say what see needed to say and all Hertz could do was stand back and let her pour her heart out on him.“I’M GOING UP TO THE 13TH FLOOR.” Said Hertz. “I HEARD ELITE AGENTS ARE MEANT TO MEAT THERE AND I’M GOING TO ANSWER THE CALL.”Naomi did not seem to respond she just stared at him with her brown eyes and held his hand. He still wore the cast from the forbidden ruins but the once white cloth was now blackened and torn. He could still manipulate his fingers which was a good sign but he had to acknowledge his arm might not ever be the same again. In spite of the emotions running between the two Hertz allowed his mind to go off on a tangent. It seemed that out of everyone on the Dino attack team he seemed to get hurt the most and spend the longest time recovering. Why was that?Naomi’s touch jerked him back to the present. She whipped her eyes and pulled out a notepad from her pocket. Apparently whatever she needed to say had been said and Hertz rerated not being able to listen.You need to come back. She wrote. You’ll be safe in the basement. “I DON’T WANT TO BE SAFE.” Said Hertz, the intimate moment was somewhat ruined by the volume of his voice but he hoped she would understand his feelings. “I WANT TO HELP. COME WITH ME NAOMI, GO TO THE TELEPORT PAD AND LEAVE THE PLACE WHEN YOU STILL CAN.”Naomi shook her head and gestured down the hallway. She was accompanied by two other doctors, Naomi Hale, and Noomi Shaw. The three women were working to pull survivors from the wreckage and the nurse did not want to abandon her task.Naomi had matured substantially in the last few days. Hertz’s first impression of her was the popular party girl with rich parents. She had been a cheerleader in school and would have been out of the nerd’s league in his high school days. Well at first she acted like the stereotypical ditz her maturity as a professional in these times of crisis amazed the elite agent. “PLEASE COME WITH ME NAOMI.” Said Hertz. “THIS PLACE IS NOT SAFE! THE DOCTOR’S HERE CAN TAKE CARE OF THINGS. YOU CAN TAKE SOME OF THE INJURED WITH YOU AND TREAT THEM AWAY FROM THIS PLACE! IN ANTARTICA YOU’LL BE SAFE.”Naomi did not respond. If she went on the teleporter it would feel like she was running away. She would be leaving Hertz and all her team behind. As she looked into Hertz’s eyes she saw how worried he was for her safety and a large part of her wanted to give him comfort.Hertz took hold of her shoulders. “PLEACE NAOMI, WE DON’T HAVE MUCH TIME! I’M GOING TO STAY AND HELP BUT YOU DON’T NEED TO. YOU CAN HELP IN ANTARTICA, I CAN’T!”The conflict in Naomi’s eyes was evident. As she listened to Shaw and Hale call to her she cast her eyes up the dusty stairs of the headquarters. On the thirteenth floor was escape, escape from all the blood and gore of the war. Escape from the pressure of the hospital and having to hold the hands of dying men. On the thirteenth floor was a place she could go where Hertz might one day join her.But what if Hertz did not survive? What if she went to the teleporter and never saw him again? She would be alone in Antartica having left both her job and her love behind. Would she be able to live with the guilt that she ran away? Would she create excuse for herself? What would she say to the other doctors if they made it through alive?Shaw and Hale called her name again. They had lost her in the smoke and dust of the explosion. Hertz took a few steps up the stairs and held out his hand. He said nothing but he looked her in the eyes with an expression of hope and apprehension.Naomi looked over her shoulder one last time before taking Hertz’s hand and following him up the stairs.OoC:Next time Hertz is seem he will be on the 13th floor. If PeabodySam wants to give his brief he will not need to wait for me to post again. For all extensive circumstances you can proceed with the plot with out waiting for me to take Hertz to the teleport pad. I'll take care of whether or not Naomi leaves or not but you can do whatever you need in relation to Hertz.Considering Hertz is deaf that could be a problem for communication but he will be persistent about helping. Don't forget he's a linguist and a cytologist so sign language and Morse code is an option.I have some stuff to say about Kate but I don't have time know. I'll have an analysis of her character up soon as well as some idea on how she could best evolve.

That is all

Considering Hertz is deaf that could be a problem for communication but he will be persistent about helping. Don't forget he's a linguist and a cytologist so sign language and Morse code is an option.
OOC: You know, I never did explain what happened to Windows after Adventurers' Island. I suppose having another radio operator probably wouldn't be such a bad idea. I just need to figure out where the znap he could have gotten too...IC: "CARVER!" Hale called out amidst the smoke.Shaw quickly ran back down the corridor. Approaching the stairs, she saw Carver running up, holding another man's hand."Carver!" Shaw shouted. Carver turned toward her."Where do you think you're going?" Hale asked as she approached.Carver didn't answer, unsure of what to say."We got a job to do here," replied Hale. "I can't have people like you go wandering off!""You don't understand," replied Carver. "I love him!""That's wonderful," replied Hale. "But you've got to help us. Tell, her Shaw."Shaw looked at Carver, then Hertz, uncertain of what to say. "Go," she said finally."What?" Hale asked. "Shaw, you're going along with this?""If there's anyone here we should know how to take care of them," replied Shaw. "Carver, you do what you have to do. Hale and I can finish the sweeping the base and we'll come meet you. Where you going?""Thirteenth floor," replied Carver."That's where we'll meet you," replied Shaw. "Good luck, Naomi. I'll pray for you."With that, Shaw turned and walked away. Leaving a frustrated Hale to follow.OOC: I apologize if I've interrupted the flow of That Guy's plot thread, but I figured that Shaw and Carver weren't going to take one of their colleagues disappearing so lightly. From what I could gather, Hale seemed to take her work very seriously and was probably a bit more down-to-Earth than Shaw (who tries to be idealistic; think the contrast between Rex and Greybeard on a smaller scale). Also, after what happened the last time I wrote one of these posts, I decided to write it more as a dilemma, the idea that one doctor is reluctant to let Carver go while the other one is a bit more open-minded.On that note, I guess that leaves Hale and Shaw open to interaction. I don't know if PeabodySam or anybody else in the base is looking for a medic because we still got two here. Edited by Atton Rand

OOC: Finally having written the post I'd anticipated for three years unsurprisingly led to writer's block. That wass the last of my Plot Artifacts, so for the past several days I've had no idea what to do.But that stops now.IC: Hotwire was conflicted, to say the least. He had the utmost respect for Specs, as the leader of the team, but at the same time, Semick had proven himself a capable leader as well. In short, he was completely unable to decide whose orders to follow. And that wasn't even considering Kat in the equation. If she was still down there somewhere...The two Fright Knight windships engaging the Talon II in a fierce dogfight certainly wasn't helping with the dilemma.Hotwire had moved t in the world a vehicle that was essentially a large boat tethered to a dragon could be so agile. It seemed nearly impossible to track the beassts with the Sonic Screamers.Three Fright Knights suddenly swung down on ropes from one of the windships. Two landed on the tail of the Talon II; the third was not so lucky, and soon became closely familiar with the city streets. The design of the T-1 Typhoon quite sensibly did not allow for the Sonic Screamers to be aimed at the tail, so all Hotwire could do as the two figures in their bat-winged helmets inched forwards was respond to recent developments on the comms."This is elite agent Hotwire. We're currently being boarded by Fright Knights, but once that's taken care of, I'll try to make my way to HQ. Can't make any promises, though."------------------------Hotwire wasn't the only one facing a dilemma. Wright's conscience urged her back towards the battle, but there was no way she could persuade herself to leave Shiller's side. After Pierce had finished operating, he'd declared the agent "stable." This didn't entirely satisfy Wrihgt, however. Dead was "stable" too. So she'd remained by her unconscious partner's stretcher, one hand on the SMG and the other holding Shiller's, as everyone else pitched in to move patients. The nurses, seeming to sense the thoughts teeming in her head, appeared to be waiting until toward the end to aproach, and she couldn't help but wonder what she'd say when they did.------------------------There were no doubts in Swerve's mind -- leaving now was out of the question. Yes, there were Mutant Lizards inside the base, but if the elite agents in his position followed Specs's directives, there would be more dinos inside, and not just lizards either.------------------------Kat heard a crash from the street, and risked heading outdoors, figuring that the noise would be enough of a distraction to make some real progress. She slipped out the back of the shop she was in and found herself in a short alley. Just as she reached the mouth, a Mutant Lizard blocked her path. Acid-spitting, judging from the sizzle its saliva made when a drop hit the ground. She glanced around, seeking an escape route and bracing herself.There was a flash of color as something wrapped around the lizard's neck and pulled tight. The creature cave a choked hiss and clawed at the object, which appeared to be a long strip of cloth knitted from thick wool yarn. The cloth was yanked tight, and the Mutant Lizard fell, with a trickle of blood running down its neck. The figure wielding the cloth, outside Kat's field of vision up until now, bent to retrieve it, and noticed her for the first time."Oh! Hello. Are you all right?" His voice was slightly muffled by the array of woolens around his neck and mouth."Yes, thanks to you," said Kat. "Sorry, I'm not sure I saw that right. Did you just kill a Mutant Lizard with a scarf?"The figure nodded, wringing dinosaur blood out of the scarf before carefully wrapping it back around his own neck.. "One of my own creations. The outer edge is razor wire; the rest is reinforced with nylon rope fibres."There was a yell from outside the alley. "Giles! Little help here?""Fascinating," Kat said, and meant it. "But perhaps we're dawdling."Giles nodded, and the dashed out of the alley. In the street, Kat recognized the crashed Fire Hammer as Tracer's Vindication. The front end was crumpled and missing a wheel. "Lizards tore it off," Giles explained, as he and Kat joined Helm, who was firing away with a Cosmotronic Ray. She was surprised to see the giant, bearded, sword-wielding Agent there too. Giles's help turned out to be unnecessary, as the mariner and the swordsman made short work of the lizard pack."Ah, Kat." Helm turned to the new arrival cheerfully. "Good to see you in one piece."OOC: I hafta devise a plausible way to prevent both Wright and Shiller from evacuating. If anyone has any ideas, feel free.

Edited by Jackson Lake

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC: I hafta devise a plausible way to prevent both Wright and Shiller from evacuating. If anyone has any ideas, feel free.
OOC: I'm not sure. Given Shiller's practically on life support and has a tube going into his lung I think you're going to have a heck of a time persuading the doctors to let you stay. Theoretically, Wright has no real problem. She can leave whenever she wants. It's Shiller who's going to be a problem.IC: The Drop ship game to a stop outside of DA HQ and quickly the Typhoon crews got off. "What the heck happened in here?" Spike asked as he stepped into the base. "Looks like somebody tried to blow up this base," replied Buffy. "We got instructions for all Elite Agents to meet on the 13th Floor," Rotor explained, looking at his PDA. "Cabin, Mac, you two come with me, the rest of you can come if you like but I won't force you."With that, Rotor started to work his way up the stairs, followed by Cabin and Mac.

OOC: Yes Atton, I know. That's exactly why I need plot device to keep him here.
OOC: Yes, and what I'm saying is good luck finding one.EDIT: How about the fact that the whole HQ just got blown up? With the damage that's been done I don't know that I'd be too comfortable moving patients around such an unstable structure. Edited by Atton Rand

OOC: I never said I thought it would be easy. If it were, I wouldn't have asked for suggestions :PI thought of that, but it doesn't seem to be a problem for any of the other patients. Plus, I had imagined that they were just using stretchers as beds in the event that they'd have to move the patients. I had also considered using a collapsing ceiling or something like that, but that seems like a bit of a cop-out. If I can't come up with anything better before tonight, though, I might just go with that.

Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

I thought of that, but it doesn't seem to be a problem for any of the other patients. Plus, I had imagined that they were just using stretchers as beds in the event that they'd have to move the patients. I had also considered using a collapsing ceiling or something like that, but that seems like a bit of a cop-out. If I can't come up with anything better before tonight, though, I might just go with that.
OOC: First off, I think I've only seen two patients walk out of the hospital, the first of whom left before Firecracker blew everything up. Second, most of those patients were still able to walk and working their way onto the battlefield. Now if my... vague understanding of medicine is anything to go by, that tube's going to be stuck in Shiller for the next few days. I don't even know if he'll regain consciousness in that time. Now stretchers would be the main way of carrying patients, but the way I see it, Pierce and the other doctors are probably a bit uncomfortable with the notion of carrying patients up several flights of stairs through a building that has been blown up and is most likely incredibly unstable (after all if they tried to carry a patient only for the floor to give way it would only make things worse, as the patient would be hurt even more and it could leave injuries on the doctors). Pierce really doesn't seem like the kinda guy who would be willing to take such risks if you ask me.

OOC: Heh, maybe I should have toned down the "doom and gloom"iness of Specs's message. The point of the message was to basically reduce Dino Attack Team's numbers to those directly controlled by players, since most of us (sorry, crazy!) are elite agents, so we wouldn't have to worry about a bunch of redshirts possibly getting in the way.-----You know, the last time I was able to say "This is the first time I'm posting on my new computer", it was in late 2007. Dino Attack RPG was in its dark ages, with many of its original players having left and my commitment to the RPG not as passionate as it is today. Even though Dr. Rex and the first XERRD laboratory was just discovered, it was crawling along, just barely alive, and what few players were left were all doing their own separate things. Its father, the Alpha Team: Mission Deep Freeze RPG, was long gone, and its brother, the Pirates RPG, had just passed away. The death of Pirates RPG had rekindled my devotion to Dino Attack RPG, and as I posted for the first time on my new computer, I promised myself I'd stick around until the end.Nearly five years later, I once again have the privilege of saying that this is the first time I'm posting on my new computer. And here we are, in the darkest hours of the final battle... and Dino Attack RPG has never been so great. In these past five years, rekindled interest in Dino Attack RPG brought in an influx of new players who brought new life to the aging RPG. Beginning with the battle for the Power Station, people stopped doing their own things and started working together. With the Goo Caverns story arc, Dino Attack RPG "grew its beard", as TV Tropes would say. Despite the Time Slip, the forum update, and a malicious hacker, Dino Attack RPG has been through more than anyone can bear... but it has perservered. Today, Dino Attack RPG is truly my greatest accomplishment on BZPower, and I'm honored to have worked with you guys these past few years.[/endminispeech]-----

... seeing the one man who could get her access to the real Wallace Bishop killed...
Just isolating this point to bring up a detail that you may have forgotten. Frank Einstein is no longer needed to get access to the real Wallace Bishop; before he died, he told Kate that if she ever wanted to speak to the real Wallace, she should go to Napoleon XIV and give the administrator the following message: "William's bell is ringing." It's basically implied that this is a code phrase that Einstein gave the Napoleon XIV staff which would grant permission to speak to Wallace.Also, just to add on to what Andrewnuva said. You have Kate Bishop, and I have Mary Rose. Both Kate and Mary are more or less treated the same way in-universe (no greater example than the fact that they both had Aliens-inspired rescues). But Mary is twelve years younger than Kate!
EDIT: How about the fact that the whole HQ just got blown up? With the damage that's been done I don't know that I'd be too comfortable moving patients around such an unstable structure.
That's why there are Dino Air Trackers airlifting people directly to the top of the building, so they don't have to make their way up thirteen floors of doom.IC: "At last," laughed Andrew Jackson, although his voice was muffled by the balaclava he was still wearing, "it seems that Lady Luck has set her fires upon me! Or is it that Lady Luck has set me on fire? How does that idiom go? Bah, I don't care, I'm just going to take those fires and burn everything with them! Ha, ha, ha!"Only a short time ago, Andrew Jackson was being forcibly escorted against his will by a pair of Dino Attack agents to a Teleport Pad in the basement. When they received the message that Mutant Dinos were infiltrating the building and said Teleport Pad had to be destroyed, they turned around and began heading towards a new Teleport Pad supposedly being built on the roof. They did not get very far before everything blew up in their faces... literally.Andrew Jackson was the only survivor of the three Dino Attack agents. All around him, Dino Attack Headquarters was in ruin, filled with rubble, smoke, and of course fire. The sight pleased him so much. He found a pair of brooms in a nearby supply closet, used a nearby flame to set them both on fire, and was now running through Dino Attack Headquarters, wielding the burning brooms like torches and swinging them at any foolish Mutant Dinos who dared to come too close, and laughing madly the whole time."Burn in MegaBlokland, you hideous reptile!" cackled Andrew Jackson as he knocked one of the burning brooms into the face of a yellow-skinned Mutant Lizard. The Mutant Lizard screeched in pain and retreated, but Andrew Jackson pursued and did not relent until he cornered the poor creature and set it on fire. The sight of the Mutant Lizard's pain filled Andrew Jackson with sadistic glee, for it satisfied him to give these monsters the very medicine that they had given him back in April.With the Mutant Lizard reduced to a burning carcass, Andrew Jackson continued his mad burning spree around Dino Attack Headuarters. Once or twice, he saw other Dino Attack agents and medical personnel trying to make their way through the base. When they saw him, they'd shout "What are you doing?" and other sorts of things, but Andrew Jackson just laughed it off. He was having too much fun right now just to stop because someone told him. This was the best time he had since that soon-to-be-dead man took his belongings!Unfortunately, that did still come with some consequences. While fighting a Mutant Raptor, Andrew Jackson's mad swinging of his broom-torches caused the flames to lick at his sleeve and set it on fire; after all, this was not his usual Dino Attack uniform, which was designed to be flame-retardant. Grumbling to himself, Andrew Jackson wasted precious time ripping the sleeve off his shirt and gave the Mutant Raptor an opportunity to attack. "Znap you!" snapped Andrew Jackson, who kicked the beast in the snout and proceeded to drive the raptor away once he picked up the broom-torches again.Andrew's triumphant laughter was interrupted when he heard some voices nearby. He instantly recognized two of them, picking up on Demoman's drunken rambling and the voice of that Western lady who did that thing at Fort Legoredo. There was a woman who spoke with the hint of a pirate accent, and a man who spoke a slight British accent. But there was something that disturbed Andrew Jackson deeply as he eavesdropped on them.He heard them say "pyro" as they talked to each other. But, as he listened, he realized that they were not talking about someone named Pyro... they were talking to someone named Pyro. "Impossible," whispered Andrew Jackson, who grew suspicious immediately. He followed the voices and found Demoman and that Western lady, along with a pirate woman, a Dino Attack sniper, a Mutant Raptor wearing Demoman's scarf around its head, and someone who made Andrew Jackson's face turn hot with anger.She had long, straight, dark-colored hair, and her back was turned towards Andrew Jackson, so he could not see her face. But, he immediately recognized the flame-retardant Dino Attack uniform that she wore... the flamethrower that she carried... and, most offensive of all, the firefighter's helmet that she wore on her head."That's my hat!" bellowed Andrew. "Nobody takes my hats!" Yelling incomprehensibly in his maddened fury, Andrew Jackson charged at the group, his twin flaming brooms at the ready.One second later, Andrew Jackson was pinned to the wall by the thief's comrades. Evidently, charging at a whole group of people to take down one person while screaming loudly to give away oneself's position was not as effective a strategy as Andrew had hoped. They accosted him, yelling things like "What the heck do you think you're doing?" and "Holy Znap, man, calm down!"Andrew Jackson pointed at the thief, shouting: "She took my stuff! Get out of my way, or I'll burn your house down too! You don't want to get in the way of a man on a mission! Why, I..."As he was still wearing the balaclava, everything Andrew said came out as incomprehensible muffled gibberish. The others traded glances in confusion. Sighing, that Western lady from that Fort Legoredo who did that thing with the Hybrids that one time stepped forward and pulled Andrew Jackson's mask off, exposing his pale, sweaty, dirty, and unshaven face, as well as making his voice audible."... the lemons! They burned my house down, these sons of MegaBloks, and they burned my family alive! I'm the only survivor, and by keeping me away from that thief who took my stuff, you're preventing me from extracting my wrathful vengeance and sending all these freaks to the fires of MEGABLOKLAND!"As Andrew Jackson continued to rant, the thief finally stepped forward, and Andrew could see her pale face at last. She stared at Andrew Jackson in his pitiful state, then sighed and shook her head. "It's me, Andrea," she murmured. "Don't you remember... Dad?"Just like that, Andrew Jackson silenced. He stared at the thief... Andrea... in shock as the cold realization washed over his hot face. He was so focused upon avenging his wife and his two sons, who had all died in the housefire, that Andrew Jackson had neglected to consider the possibility that his eldest daughter, who had moved out several years ago, could have survived the initial Dino Attack. "Andrea...?" he whispered. "Is that really you?"Andrea Jackson Orange nodded slowly. "Yes, Dad. It's me."But Andrew Jackson felt no joy over seeing his daughter again. The madness and the anger returned as he pointed an accusing finger at Andrea. "How dare you!" he growled. "You miserable little girl! You were nothing but trouble when you lived at home, and now... you dare to steal my stuff? My suit, my flamethrower... my hat! The very hat I wore when I worked for the fire brigade! I worked hard to earn that hat, and you just take it from me? How dare you show your face now! I'm going to burn-""Dad, listen to me!" Andrea raised her voice. "You never approved of anything I ever did, not even Sam Orange, the only person that I ever truly loved! And I've come back to help you now, and you still disapprove-""Help me?" snapped Andrew. "You took all my stuff! Your mother and your brothers are dead... you dare to prevent me from avenging their deaths? Those were my tools to giving those reptiles the justice they deserved! And there was a mole running through Dino Attack Headquarters, and I could not spy check anyone to save my teammates because you took my belongings!""Listen to me!" shouted Andrea. "Dad, you never listened to me! Never!" She lowered her voice before continuing. "I know that Mom, Jack, and Steve died... but they weren't the only ones, you know. Sam died too, as well as the children we adopted. Dad, we both lost our families in the Dino Attack. All we have now is each other... you're the only family I have left. And when I found you, you were too drunk to do anything about the mole, who had already killed Engineer and Medic!""Aye," grinned Demoman. "That was ah fine drink we had togethah, eh, Pyro?""I was too late to save Scout, Heavy, Spy, Sniper, and Soldier-" continued Andrea.Demoman suddenly burst into tears. "Ah, Ronald! Why do th' good always hafta die young? They got more cross-dressin' flame-retardant arsonists than they got th' likes of you! Everyone thinks I'm just a..." Sobbing, the explosives expert buried his face into the shoulder of the Mutant Raptor, who stared quizzically down upon the crying Minifig, who was now mumbling something about a pain train.Sighing, Andrea continued. "I couldn't lose you, Dad. That's why I locked you in your room and took your belongings. I was hoping that, if I posed as you, the mole would come for me instead of you. I wanted to save you, Dad. I wasn't trying to steal your stuff or dishonor the memory of Mom, Jack, and Steve... I was trying to protect you.""Wait a second, so you were never really agent Pyro?" blinked the Western lady. "But... even after I cleaned you up some, you were still so pale. If you weren't wearing that suit all the time, how could...?""After the initial Dino Attack," explained Andrea, "I wasn't able to be evacuated in time. I banded together with a few other survivors, and we hid out underground in a makeshift bunker we made. We stayed down there for a few months, and we'd only leave on very rare occasions to fetch some food or other supplies, and that was only at night. That's how I got to be so pale. Trust me... I developed some claustrophobia down there and started having hallucinations from being cooped up for so long."Andrea's words washed over Andrew Jackson. Despite being driven to madness, Andrew realized that what she said was true. They had both lost their families, and now that they only had each other, that should cause them to bond more closely as father and daughter than they had ever accomplished before. While it is true that Andrew Jackson's insanity and psychotic pyromania would never be truly cured, just for now, as he realized that the daughter that he once disowned had come back to save his life...Tears formed in Andrew Jackson's eyes. Slowly, he reached out to his daughter, his only family, and looked her in the eyes. "I'm... I'm so sorry..." he whispered. Then, he embraced Andrea as he had never done before, with the tender care of a father who loved his only daughter.OOC: Seeing as we had an overwhelmingly positive response towards Version 2 of Andrew Jackson's backstory, I decided to go with that. I hope Atton Rand doesn't mind... but now, Andrea Jackson Orange is no longer merely a Story Hook and given full reign to Atton Rand, so that's a good prize, right?Besides, I couldn't resist the opportunity to parody some TF2 players' obsession over hats. Edited by PeabodySam

OOC: You know, it just dawned on me. Andrea Jackson Orange and Sam Orange share there surname with one of the guys from Trigger's botched heist. Given how unusual a last name it is I'm starting to wonder if they were related.

EDIT: How about the fact that the whole HQ just got blown up? With the damage that's been done I don't know that I'd be too comfortable moving patients around such an unstable structure.
That's why there are Dino Air Trackers airlifting people directly to the top of the building, so they don't have to make their way up thirteen floors of doom.
That maybe the case on the surface, but a helicopter isn't going to do much good for people who are still underground, especially in a basement which more or less serves as an underground bunker (which generally means it's specifically designed to keep people from breaking in).By the way, I apologize that this Sarah Bishop post is so short, but I needed to get them out of the closet so that Andrew could start implementing an idea of his.IC: Sarah Bishop slowly opened the door to the closet, and took Kate' hand. Carefully, she led her toward the stairway, hoping to get her daughter out of there.

As soon as Andrea Jackson stepped away from her father, Maria slowly reached out and took her hand."Boy, if ma daddy were here to see this," Maria remarked with a slight chuckle. "Here, why don't we get that there suit off you?"Andrea Jackson nodded. Maria led her down the corridor to an isolated room. They stepped inside. First, they took off the helmet, then the baggy suit slowly started to come off. The two women were closer than ever when they finally looked into each other's eyes."I know this here's a bit soon Py- Andrea," Maria remarked. "But I think I might be feeling something.""I know what you mean," replied Andrea.Maria had finally gotten Andrea's baggy suit off. "You don't understand," she said. "I think-""I love you too," Andrea finally said. Maria looked at her in surprise. "I guess the situation's dire enough that a little love won't hurt."Maria smiled. She wrapped her arms around Andrea Jackson's neck, and slowly they put their lips together...OOC: Before anyone complains, yes, I did clear this with Avmatoran.

Edited by Atton Rand

OOC: It seems that we must rename "PeabodySam's Disease" to "TC01's Disease", but, here's a post!Incidentally, has anyone done anything with the AT reinforcements, or should I assume the airship is still out there awaiting additional IC posts from me?IC: "Take us up to the lab, quickly!" ordered Reptile.Reptile's T-1, one of the last that had been holding the line around the remnants of HQ, rose in the air towards the top of HQ. It should not have taken too long, but a few Mutant Pterosaurs were in the way. Coral and Tail, however, were able to destroy them.Reptile sighed. He had tried every trick in his book. Organized defenses. Massive radar ray defense systems. He had even, when HQ had been breached, ordered the detonation of a Green Goo tank, taking out hundreds of Mutant Dinos.And yet it had all seemed so futile.Now, Specs was summoning any Elite Agent willing to help to the laboratory on the thirteenth floor. Reptile hadn't been allowed up there for a long time, so he wasn't completely sure what he would be expected to do.But he knew this- without the best, brightest, and possibly craziest minds of DA working together to activate the Einstein Device, they were completely doomed.The T-1 drew up alongside the floor. Reptile hopped down and turned to regard his comrades, still on their vehicle."Tail, Coral- it's no use. We can send you through to Antarctica easily enough. Go- save yourselves," he said. There was hesitation over the radio."Sir, with all due respect, I'd like to stay and buy you some extra time," said Tail."It's not worth it!" shouted Reptile. "I may be an idealist and an optimist, but even I can see we're doomed. The more agents who survive, the better we'll be able to defend Antarctica."There was another hesitation. "That was an order from Specs, and now it's an order from me, Agent Tail," he added.Then Coral's voice came over the line, even as Reptile saw the figure of Tail dropping down onto the thirteenth floor as well."Tail's going to come over for the teleport. But I'm staying. And don't you try ordering me, because orders have never stopped me before."Reptile's eyes widened. "You realize it's practically certain death to try and hold the line...""I know," said Coral. "And that's what I'm counting on. Coral- Glacier- out." Before Reptile could say anything else, the T-1 turned and flew back out into the fray."He's given up too," said Tail sadly. "I've read the Glacier Files. He was always a survivor, he believed in living to fight another day. If he's given up now..."Reptile's face hardened. "Well, I'm not giving up just yet. We still have the Einstein Device- and it's time we got it working." He stormed off into the laboratory.OOC: Reptile's now in the lab with the others- feel free to use him in posts, etc.

current_events_sigbanner.png

IC: The door to the lab swung open, and in stepped Elite Agent Rotor, accompanied by Cabin and Mac."Elite Agent Rotor reporting for duty," Rotor said sternly.

As Shaw and Hale continued down the hall they were rather surprised to find a group of agents."Where'd you come from?" Asked Shaw, looking at the new arrivals. "We crashed and just got rescued," replied a blond-haired man in a trenchcoat. "Could someone tell me what happened here?""Someone detonated a bomb," replied Shaw. "Figures," replied the blond man. "You mind if we take a look at you?" Shaw asked. "Since you're here a quick examination can't hurt much. There's still nobody around here, anyway."One by one, they approached the various crew members, with the exception of one man whose stench kept them from going anywhere near him."Agent Baldrick," one man explained. "I don't know what his problem is.""I got something really weird here," Hale said suddenly, looking at the blond man in the trenchcoat. "What's your name?""Spike.""Well Spike," replied Hale. "Your skin is incredibly cold, and you got no pulse.""What?" Shaw asked, approaching her nervously. "How is that possible?""I don't know," replied Hale. "He should be dead.""He is," replied one agent, a young blond girl. "In a way.""What do you mean?" Hale asked her. "Agent...""Buffy.""What do you mean he's dead?""Obviously I'm not," Spike said. "I'm standing here talking to you.""Creature of the night," replied Buffy. "He's a vampire!""What?"At that moment, Spike's features changed, revealing a much more gruesome face with sharp teeth. Everyone except Buffy, Harris, and a handful of others jumped in shock."Oh come on," replied Spike. "I'm not going to hurt you. Some wizard had to come and give me a soul. Next thing I know I'm drinking blood out of mutant dinosaurs."OOC: Okay, most of you probably saw that coming, but I figured I had to reveal it sooner or later. Now all we need is for Agent Buffy to meet Agent Giles...

IC: The ways to the hanger catwalks were definately going to be a challenge. They had been heavily damaged by the explosion earlier, and some were just barely hanging on their wires or other attachments. The main way up to them consisted mainly of ladders, with a few stairwells around the ends near the walls, and most of which were also quite loose after the ordeal as well.Andrew was going to have be prepared and ready to think quick. There was no other way to the thirteenth floor of the Headquarters. The main halls were overun by Mutant Lizards or severely damaged, and it would take too long to call a ride up to the top of the building. He needed to find a way up to them, and from there he could quickly get to the relatively safer fourth floor, and from there he could reach a stairway to the top.He first decided to take the stairwell, if only to make an easier ascent. Walking to it, he tried the first step. It creaked quite a bit, but the structure seemed to hold. He took another step. It still held. He continued to slowly but surely move up the steps, picking up a little speed as he did so, eventually reaching the first level of catwalks.As he began moving up to the second level, the stairs began to creek more, seeming to be a bit more loose up here. Andrew looked closely at the higher section of the stairs. Sure enough, they were swaying slightly out of connection in the stairs halfway to the third level. He would have to get off at the second and find a ladder from there.When he began going up from the halfway point to the second level, Dino Attack Headquarters shook from another distant explosion. Andrew fell to his stomach on the stairs, watching with horror as the stairs began to sway more and more. He only had seconds to act.He got up on his feet again, clinging to the railing as he moved quickly up to the second catwalk level. Just as he stepped upon it, the stairs swayed heavily away from behind him, pulling on the catwalks with its remaining connections until they snapped, sending the stairs to a timbering fall to the ground.Andrew took a moment to catch his breath as he assessed the situation. The catwalk he was on stretched to the front and back of the hanger, connected by two more paths to intersect another catwalk before reaching the upper levels of the headquarters base. However, both of these crossing catwalks had snapped, so crossing them was impossible.The Elite Agent saw a ladder a few paces away from the site of the stairs, and advance quickly to them. He grabbed onto them, and was about to ascend them when he looked up and was met with an annoying surprise. The ladder was made to only be fully used if one was on the side facing away from the catwalks, otherwise they would only make a person bump their head on the next level of catwalk. Andrew supposed this wasn't a problem for the engineers and mechanics who had to keep scurrying up and down the things when working on repairing various DIno Attack vehicles, but for him, he could only hope he was still as nimble and flexible for this has he had said he had when he described himself as "flexible" while signing up.Grabbing onto ladder rungs with his hands and feet (his laser rifle safely kept strapped on his back), he then reached his right hand around to grab the rung on the other side, did the same with his right foot, then quickly flung himself around the ladder and had his left limbs get a firm hold on the rungs. He briefly took a moment to catch his breath again, then began to actually climb the thing.In no time, he reached the third floor of catwalks. Here were several access stairways to the landing pads atop the hanger along with the pats back to the rest of the base. The level seemed mostly intact, thanks to being more firmly attached to the ceiling at this level, but were notably swaying at a noticeable rate.Flipping over to the catwalk, Andrew knew this was just as risky as his ascent had been, perhaps moreso. The prospect of advancing over these catwalks reminded him of an incident back in the 80s where two hotel skywalks had collapsed, due to faulty supports, on over a hundred people during a dance party. He forced himself to not focus on the memories of the news footage of the scene, and instead reminded him that there was only one option if he hoped to meet his comrades on the thirteenth floor.Taking a deep breath, Andrew stepped back a bit, then, charged down the catwalk to the other end of the hanger. The structure creaked and made slight cracking noises as he ran, but he kept going, taking only the caution to stay close to the railing.Halfway across, the catwalk began to sway. Andrew took only slight notice. Then it began to lean slightly to the left, the side of which Andrew was leaning close to the railing. Now he took notice. He slowed down, and moved quickly to the other side. The moment he grabbed the railing on said side, the left side of the railing fell, leaving the catwalk hanging on its right side, and the LEGO Islander hanging by the handrails.Thank Ole they at least remembered these! Andrew thought.But he wasn't out of his predicament yet. His only option now was to continue moving by crossing along the handrails like the old monkey bars he used to play on in his younger years. It was a hard task, not only because the horizontal nature of the railings forcing him to move sideways instead of forwards, but the factor of looking down and seeing you were four stories away from the ground was never something pleasant to look at, even if one wasn't stuck with acrophobia.Slowly, Andrew made his way across.Soon enough, he he was a little close to a third of the way across.Then a half.Then another third.Eventually, he reached the catwalk on the other end, still upright, having merely had a snapped connection when Andrew's catwalk had fallen. Taking great care to keep his grip in spite of his fatigue and aching arms, Andrew moved up close to the other catwalk, then grabbed onto the snapped-off edge where the snap had taken place. Another moment later, he moved his other hand to it. Finally, he pulled himself up with great effort, and let himself lie flat on the upright structure. He let himself rest for about a minute as he caught his breath.The headquarters shook again. Realizing time was still of the essence, Andrew got up, and advanced to the path to the main headquarters' fourth floor. Opening the door, he was greeted with the smell of smoke and the sight of several collapsed walls. Not only from the explosion earlier, but from the earlier Inferno attack that had crippled Hertz's hearing.Fortunately, the rubble had been cleared by the rescue teams that had come up. It took Andrew no time to find the path to a stairwell connecting to both ends of the tower section of Headquarters. He opened the door, and was mildly surprised to see the faces of Kate Bishop and an older woman that he presumed had been her mother that everyone had been talking about."Oh, uh, hello, Kate," said Andrew, tipping his hat to her mother in friendliness. "Mrs. Bishop. You have to forgive me, I just came from a rather tiring route through the remains of the route from the hangers. I guess you're walking with each other on the way to evacuate your mother, Kate?"----------------Bluetooth was worried. Specs's announcement had worried him. Semick's own had been spirit-lifting, but didn't help.The Futuron technician was realizing now that he was likely to die. Die for the good cause of standing off against the Mutant Dinos to the end, but still dying. He wasn't comfortable about that.In his left hand was his PDA, which he was looking at on and off as he monitored the numbers of remaining enemies on the TALON-9 radar. He felt the need to write something to someone, something like a last will and testament, or the last letter the young men of wars' past had written to their mothers.But who to write to? His family was out in the asteroid colonies, only hearing from him through the occasional transmission from Alpha Team's limited Intergalactic Communications Center in Antarctica. His friends were either in the refugee facilities or back on the Luna base. He wasn't quite close enough to any of his DIno Attack colleagues to send a message to them, so who else could he-"Vinyaya," he unconsciously muttered. His eyes widened. "Wait... no, no, I don't know her! She barely remembers me as it is!"But his mind told himself there was still something between them. There had been the idea of a kind of an alien defense unit that he had talked to her after recalling those warnings from the edges of the Milky Way. That idea, to adapt Dino Attack to such a force after the war, was still unaddressed beyond talks, and after this battle there might not be much left to adapt, but the idea was still there. And ideas had been enough so many times before to create great things.Yes... Bluetooth still had a loose end between him and Vinyaya through that "ADU" idea. Perhaps he could take a chance and use that opportunity. He did have nothing to lose from it, after all.He rose his PDA to his eyes, and began typing out a message.Dear Commander Vinyaya,I know you probably don't remember me. There was the talks about Rotor and Pilot's release, and random meetings before the Maelstrom temple, but we haven't talked much since our first meeting at the camp near where the XERRD Fortress was leveled.Semick's going to stay here and fight it out, so I guess that doesn't stand well for my chances for survival. You're on the front lines, I know, but you have more combat experience than me, so I'm guessing you'll live this one out.Basically, I just want to say I don't want you to give up on the idea of adapting Dino Attack into an alien defense unit or something I suggested. Those UFO readings may be distant, but from what it looks, they still look like they have intents with Earth that aren't peaceful. We should be prepared, especially considering how much we have to recover from these Mutant Dinos, as well as whatever else might target this island, Earth, in the future. Nobody wants what happened to Mars to happen again.Also, I have a confession to make. I'll say it frankly, I'm fond of you. I suppose my nervousness on our first meeting made it a bit obvious, but there's also the detail that I was determined to help Fabello help you when you were taken out by Zach's abuse of your body for a shield. I guess it might've faded a bit when we met over French Fries's idiotic orders, but I suppose I was too furious over the situation to remember that. But now, as it sinks in that I may not survive this battle, I feel the feelings of joy and admiration rising to the forefront, along with the guilt and regret that it never went anywhere before now.Remember me, and remember the "ADU" idea, so to call it. Perhaps if I do make it, we can meet again, and you can get me back down to Earth by making it clear that we can do well as friends and comrades. If not, well, at least I've lifted a large burden on me during my final hours, and hopefully I'll leave a legacy that can help the planet keep on goin' even after this Dino Attack.Most Sincerly,Bluetooth, AKA Ryan RadcliffAfter taking a moment to read over his finished work, Bluetooth hit "Send", and returned to his duties on the radar. It was time to face the music.

OOC:

Now all we need is for Agent Buffy to meet Agent Giles...
Unless the Giles of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" is also a hermetlike man of indeterminable age with a penchant for knitting lethal scarves, I'm not sure what purpose that would serve :PIC: If there was one thing LEGO Island had taught Hotwire, it was that very, very bad things could happen when a hostile boarded your T-1. It was for this reason that he'd devised a failsafe the previous night and installed it in the Talon II. He'd known that nobody would be manning the TALON-9 console, which had made the process slightly easier. Unfortunately, there was really no way to work around the danger that would be posed to whomever was in the upper front cockpit.But that cockpit was empty now.Hotwire certainly didn't want to leave the rear cockpit; in their position, leaving one end of the craft undefended could lead to disaster. So, as the Fright Knights clung to the side of the T-1 and made their way to the side door -- closed and locked, of course, but that was little obstacle, as the doors were made to be opened from either side, and a sword punched through the locking mechanism made it ineffective to say the least -- he activated his makeshift welcoming committee.The door was sliding open. "As soon as they're inside, duck and cover your ears," he called to Larson, and hoped the pilot would trust him. There was no time to wait for an answer. Two pairs of armored boots hit the deck, and Hotwire hit the switch.There was no way of telling what exactly the Fright Knights' expectations were, but it was very likely that a Sonic Screamer underneath the scanner console.The knight that caught the brunt of the pounding of sound waves collapsed with a clatter of chain maile, unconscious. The other, off to the side somewhat, staggered back, clutching his head. Unfortunately, since he was right next to the open door, he staggered right out of the T-1, his downward journey interrupted only by the bulk of the starboard Quintronic Beam Emitter."Now then," said Hotwire, "where were we? On the way to HQ, I'd suggest." Within a minute, they were hovering above the roof of the Dino Attack Headquarters."I imagine you'd have a harder time with all those stairs," Larson explained. "I'll let you down from up here, then find a spot to park." Hotwire, already moving towards the winch, nodded. The pilot paused only to trigger the Plarxx Radar Ray as a few pterosaurs began to look a bit too interested, and then lowered Hotwire the last twenty feet to the roof.OOC: Like Reptile, Hotwire may be freely included in the goings-on regarding the Einstein Device.

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC:
Now all we need is for Agent Buffy to meet Agent Giles...
Unless the Giles of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" is also a hermetlike man of indeterminable age with a penchant for knitting lethal scarves, I'm not sure what purpose that would serve :P
OOC: Actually, he's more like a British guardian with lots of books related to the supernatural.IC: "We're both getting out of here," Sarah said sternly. "It's not safe.""Kate, you can't go," Andrew said. "You're part of this team, you need to come with us.""I don't want to lose her," Sarah replied. "Mom," Kate said. "He's got a point.""You remember what you did back on Adventurers' Island?" Andrew asked. "You beat the friggin' darkitect!"Kate started to remember. She slowly broke free of her mother's grip.

IC: "I mean," Andrew continued, "I know you haven't taken some of the revelations you got at Adventurers' Island quite well, I've read the reports, but you're far from a useless member of the team. You were part of the welcoming team when Zenna's crew arrived back on the island. You helped out with rescue attempts for the Rear Guard, you were very interested and involved with the Maelstrom aspects of the mission, you built a bomb to help off with warding off Mutant Pterosaurs, and you did a good job at swiping us those XERRD binders.""...Yes, I do remember that, Andrew..." Kate said slowly, the thoughts of events past appearing to appear in her head. Mrs. Bishop seemed a bit surprised with the actions of her daughter, but did keep the collectivism to confront Andrew."Listen," she said, "I know she's been rather proactive on the team, but she's gone through a lot over these past 60 hours, it really would be in her best interests to get away from everything.""We've all been through a lot, miss," said Andrew. "The traitor business, French Fries's stupidity, the magnitude of this final battle... but overall this whole team's been holding together and continuing to fight the fight we've fighting for nearly a year.""She's 18 years old! How can you expect someone her age to cope with such matters?""A lot of our good agents are 18, myself included. And look where I am now: I'm an Elite Agent, with a good set of friends and companions, and a collected and stable mindset."Mrs. Bishop looked a little frustrated, but sighed in submissiveness. "Very well, if you think she can be good enough to continue serving, you may very well bring her out there into that mess of a battle.""Might not be the best of ideas at the moment," said Andrew, "given the circumstances, but let me explain it to her first, it's really her choice."The LEGO Islander looked back at the young fellow agent. "Kate, I admit frankly that I've been a bit disappointed by how you've been acting since the XERRD Fortress. I do understand that being forced by Rotor to sneak back in there, being locked in an office by one of XERRD's top leaders, then learning of family connections between you and him is shocking, but it seems you've been taking it very, very harshly.Now I heard what happened in the Maelstrom temple as well. You met Walter Bishop, in the sense that you learned of his true status and connection to your family, as well as the man who took his guise for the sake of Minifig kind. I haven't heard exactly what he said, but from what I heard from Rex and Vinyaya's mission reports, apparently he and you shared several close words, am I right?"Kate nodded in agreement. Andrew guessed that she was thinking about what she had heard Dr. Einstein tell her not too long ago. "Now I know it must've felt horrible to lose such a recently-met friend so quickly, but he died for a good cause, for you to help save us all by stabbing his Creative Spark right into the Imagination Orb, banishing the Darkitect from the temple and the planet!" Andrew suddenly remembered the giant purple Mutant T-Rex at the headquarters gate. "Well, so we thought. But still, the point is you earned yourself a place in the history books, and I don't think that the heroine of the Maelstrom temple should be left a sad, tearful young girl who feels she isn't good enough for the team anymore."The young woman was silent, apparently taking her time to think about all that she was hearing. "Now," Andrew concluded, "like I said, the way out to the battle is mighty dangerous right now, and the battle itself a bit moreso. Specs even encouraged all the Rookies to evacuate. But you're no rookie, Kate. You're a veteran and survivor of Adventurers Island, and as far as I'm concerned, you're as good as an agent as Rex himself. I'd encourage you to follow me to the thirteenth floor, but instead of going to Antarctica, I say you stay with us and help us out with our defeat of Dr. Rex once and for all. You're clever, and good at solving problems. I'm sure you can think of something that can help with the plans. So are you with me?"OOC: Brikman, this by no means excludes you from trying to give your own solution to helping Kate get back on her feet. Feel free to do so when your cast intersects ours.

Edited by Andrewnuva199

IC: Kate slowly stepped away from her mother and nervously approached."What are you doing?" Sarah asked."It's okay, mom," replied Kate. "He's right."Sarah looked at them, especially her. "Kate, look, I don't want to loose you.""You won't mom.""You don't understand," replied Sarah. "You're all I have. If you died here, I don't know what I'd do."

Edited by Atton Rand