Dino Attack: At War's End

PeabodySam

OOC:Or that Kevin kept him at the outpost for the longest time possible because of the possibility that he would wake up.

OOC: Never mind the fact that Garry gave explicit orders saying there were no exceptions. I'm sorry, but I just don't like inconsistancies. Edited by Atton Rand

OOC: Well with this many people all trying to write parts of the same story, some inconsistency is inevitable now and then, and the best thing to do is just roll with it. For instance, my original intention when Hotwire shot himself in the leg was that the space police weapon would have completely removed his leg from mid-calf to foot and simultaneously cauterize the stump, but when other people described a profusely bleeding wound, I just compromised a bit. No real need to demand edits from other people. I feel like that's a very important part of RPing. It's a bit like doing improv; we all come in with our own ideas and then we have to fit them together into one cohesive whole with as little discord as possible, and if that means an occasional compromise, well then we just hafta compromise.Sorry, I got a little carried away there. It's late and I ramble at these times of the night.

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

Now I just got to figure out how exactly to make this compromise. The trouble is no matter which way I look at it there's some major plot hole. Garry gave explicit orders saying that anyone not fit for duty was to leave. You could argue that B was one exception (Garry did say "unless I say otherwise") but then that leaves two questions in the form of the fact that quite a few of my posts were centered around him and never once did he actually make an exception and even if he did do one for B why would he have made that exception? He didn't know B, he had no reason to believe there was anything to be gained by keeping him there. There was also the suggestion that B woke up just before he was to be evacuated, except the evac chopper already left some time ago and he's only just woken up. I don't know, I'm sure there's a way to make it work. I just don't know what it is.

Edited by Atton Rand

OOC:We could say he was at another outpost and was just moved here, Gary could have said not to move him off camera because he was partially awake, there are many ways to hammer out this compromise.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

OOC:

You were out for way too long. We were about to declare you KIA.

Thought of a solution -- since B was about to be registered Killed In Action, there would be no point in putting him on the evac chopper. Why send a dead man to Antarctica? That would be one reason for Garry to have made an exception; they were about to take B off life support, wait for his vital signs to hit zero, and send him to the morgue, and that is when he miraculously awoke. Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

He saw how a Spinosaurus destroyed a Bank into Rubble;how a flock of Pterosaurs flew into the engine of a Helicopter.

OoC: Wait, there's Spinosaurs in the RP now? Mutated or not?IC: "Then we hit an IED," Claymore said. "The base was evacuated." He gave a tiny, sad smile. "Spino died a hero. He saved hundreds of lives by wiping out that Hybrid army.""It was one heckuva bomb," Ptero declared. "You sustained a concussion when that IED was tripped. That's why you don't remember anything up until defeating Rap-- Enox."Fullmetal felt hollow, as if his breath had been drawn from his lungs. He cleared his throat, and stood tall. "Then let Spinos' and Aravis's sacrifices be in vain," he said. "GAIA Team, roll out!"

OOC: Jackson's idea makes sense. Let's go with that and keep moving on.Sorry for ignoring your request, that guy. Let me think a moment.....Alright, I have nothing. Maybe you find some actors/actresses to represent my characters, that guy. I seriously have no idea on what to do.IC:Ahua frowned. The spy is dead. Killed by the girl and her allies. This would be harder than he thought it would be.He tapped into Minerva Fabello's mind and completed a quick, silent probe of her state of mind and body.She has been bruised seriously by the spy. Ahua scowled. Obviously Ghost should have knocked her out and taken her to the temple, no questions asked. He allowed other Dino Attack Agents to intervene, which ultimately lead to his downfall.What was interesting, however, was something else. Despite her wounds, Minerva Fabello seemed desperate to get to the Maelstrom Temple. Ahua smiled wide. She want to find Zach and save him! Even when things had failed, they had managed to work according to his plan.Lead her to Zach or lead Zach to her. It doesn't matter. We will have success!********************************"Good day, Colonel," Zach said politely to the other Stromling Agent. Colonel bowed."Good day, sir," he muttered respectively. He rose, and waved out his Sonic Screamer hand at the massive group of Stromlings behind him. "I have four hundred troops for use, sir. The rest have been sent forward to the Maelstrom Temple.""Good work, Colonel," Zach sneered. He paused. Then: "Do you happen to have a Hybrid with you?" Colonel nodded and snapped his fingers. A Minifig/Mutant Lizard Hybrid appeared at his side. It appeared to be an acidic Hybrid by the way the purple liquid dripping from its maw was singing the grass below."Excellent. One little surprise when the Dino Attack Team passes through on their way to the temple. How much time is left, by the way?""Approximately ten minutes," Colonel said. "What if they don't leave in time sir?""You, I, Cranky, and these Stromlings start a blood bath at that outpost. I have a feeling that the Dino Attack will not be much longer. Although my spies are dead, I have scouts monitoring the edge of the area so we know when the Dino Attack is here.""Excellent planning, sir," Colonel said, nodding. "I am anxious to get this fight started.""As am I, Colonel. As am I." Zach's mind drifted off. He thought of the upcoming battle (or as he thought of it personally, a massacre) and how the Maelstrom would finally achieve its victory. He could also feel himself thinking of Minerva. He had a gut-retching feeling he would encounter her sometime in the next several hours. He knew he had to kill her. He wasn't sure if he could.Perhaps you don't have to kill her, the voice hissed in his head. Perhaps she could...join you?What? Zach was confused. The voice chuckled darkly.Seek her. Seduce her. Tame her, the voice continued. Transform her into a Stromling. Then you could be together...forever.Zach was suspicious. How do I know you won't just kill her?You have been a worthy servent, the voice said icily. You have proved your worth, and it is natural I award my good servants. It will be advantageous for the both of us. I won't have to deal with your constant drops from my control and you will be with the girl you love.I don't know... Could he get Minerva to join him? She probably hates me for what I have done.Seek her! the voice chanted. Seduce her! Tame her! Have her! She will not be so defiant to you as a Stromling!I- The voice had a way with making even Zach uncomfortable.Seek her! Seduce her! Tame her! Seek her! Seduce her! Tame her! The voice repeated these three sentences over and over. Zach gritted his teeth together, then sighed. He could not resist. Anything not to kill Minerva.Make her a Stromling, Zach said finally. Please.It will be done. the voice said gently. Remember what I said. Once you find and convince her to join you, I will do the rest.Thank you, master.

Also, I would like some actor picks from the rest of you. I was thinking about making a mock movie poster

OOC: I'm not sure. Off the top of my head, I can only think of a few. I'd link you to IMDB pages on these actors, but I'm not sure if that's an appropriate site or note to be linking to on this board:-My first pick for Rotor would be a 1970's Robert Duvall (right now he looks a bit too old for the part).-Ellen Page (Juno, Inception, in case you don't immediately recognize the name) could probably make a good Kate Bishop. Mary Elizabeth Winstead could be good as well.-Barry Pepper as Barry Jackson, naturally.-Michelle Rodriguez as Cabin. Angelina Jolie or Carrie-Anne Moss would be a good second option.-Anne Hathaway as Zenna. I'm not 100% certain of this, but I'm thinking Charlize Theron might make a good Amanda (though I think we should hear PeabodySam's verdict on that).It's tricky for me because a lot of my characters were inspired by other sources, so it's hard to imagine anyone other than the actor who played the character's inspiration taking on the role.I'd post an IC, but there really isn't much I can do at the moment. Edited by Atton Rand

OOC: that guy, I have a rather difficult time imagining my characters as anything other than minifigs, so I'm afraid that picking human actors to portray them is not really something I can do :PIC: Kevin handed B a helmet, and B carefully put it on. He tried to take a few steps and then stopped, clutching his head with one hand and leaning on the table by his cot for support. "Dizzy spell," he muttered. Kevin helped him back upright, and Hotwire grabbed a bottle of headache suppressant pills and tossed it over. As B gulped one down, Hotwire turned his attention back to his PDA and grumbled in frustration. Every attempt to make contact with Kat was met with failure. He put the device away. There would be time to worry later."Come on," he said to B and Kevin. "Semick's supposed to be briefing us all any moment now, and then we'll have to haul tail out of here before Zach turns the place into a smoking crater." The three of them left the medics to their business and walked outside.

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

IC: Maria's attention was drawn once again by the sound of spurs, and she looked up to see the familiar face of Angel Eyes."Howdy," she said. "Can I get you anything?""Just a whiskey, thank you," replied Angel Eyes.Maria smiled and poured Angel Eyes a glass."You mind if I ask what yer doin' back here?" Asked Maria.Angel Eyes leaned closer. "I'm just here to give you an update. The Second Headquarters Squad is still alive, and Blondie is busy trying to get an understanding of the hybrids' fortifications, and we have reason to suspect that Scout may have something to hide.""That's good," replied Maria. "There were a couple others that came by earlier.""Oh?""One of 'em was a strange man with a harmonica. The other had a strange passion for dynamite. He left on his motorcycle just before you arrived."

iC:The Medical wing was quite. Anyone not fit for duty had been shipped of the island an hour ago and anyone in fighting shape was outside awaiting further instruction.Naomi Carver sat on the bed alone. She had gone up stairs looking for Hertz but he was nowhere to be found. The Command room was empty when she arrived and in seemed no one knew about his whereabouts.Why would he not tell her? She hoped he was not hiding anything from her. If he had gone of to battle and died Naomi had no idea how she could cope. Even though their relationship only began after the battle at the rear guard camp. She had never felt this way about anyone before. And there were lots of men in her past.She wiped a tear from he eye and headed out to the balcony. The ocean sparkled and the cool breeze soothed he skin.Nicholas Saran leaned over the balcony clearly deep in thought. Naomi came and stood next to him looking out at the blue water.“Hi Nick.”Saran smiled. “Naomi right? I met you at the command tent awhile back. How are you feeling?”“I don’t know.” Sighed Naomi. “Hertz is gone. I don’t want to sound needy but I feel so lonely. I love him and I don’t want to loose him.”“Feeling this way is not uncommon.” Said Saran. “You feel an attachment to Hertz that you have not felt before. This island has forced you to be more dependent. When in the city you were able to find help in your boy friends and parent but this place has allowed you to mature.“Hertz is a new rock for you. Part of the reason you feel so close to him is because he is the only person who has really looked out for you thus far. You gravitate toward Hertz because you feel he may be the only one who can help and provide for you in these times.”Naomi scowled. “Are you saying I’m only in this relationship for me!”Nicholas shook his head. “Not at all.”“Well I don’t very much like my life being explained so scientifically.” Said NaomiSaran smiled and put a hand on Naomi’s shoulder. “Well there is always the second possibility.”“What’s that?” said Naomi fighting back tears.“Love.”Naomi put her head in Nick’s shoulder and stared to cry. The doctor just put his arm around her and patted her back.OoC:I'll be sending Saran to the Zelda thing soon. Is she still alive or is it an autopsy? If the Stromling lives I would like Dr. Saran to give a psychiatric analysis of her.

Edited by that guy from that show

That is all

OoC:I'll be sending Saran to the Zelda thing soon. Is she still alive or is it an autopsy? If the Stromling lives I would like Dr. Saran to give a psychiatric analysis of her.

OOC: Zelda's alive. I thought that was made clear when I explained that it was a vivisection (which is when one attempts to cut open a specimen that's still a live, as opposed to a disection where the individual in question is already dead). Fuchs had to perform the examination on her while she was alive because if she was dead the Maelstrom would just leave her body and they would have killed another minifig for nothing. That's also how Fuchs was able to observe some of her biological functions and work out the science I talked about earlier. Now granted she's in a semi-comatose state so I don't know what good talking will do but she is definitely alive.

OOC: Okay, guys, I'm back. For now, at least. If you haven't noticed, last week I was on leave from BZPower and other websites while trying to cope with a family tragedy. I'm still grieving and hit very hard, but for now I've recovered enough so that I may resume my role here again.However, it has not escaped my attention that, in my absence, we have still not left camp. I understand we're waiting for Semick's "leaving speech", but at the very least, we should be ready to go now. Perhaps if I were not inactive last week, I could have taken measures to expedite our expedition...But what if I go on leave again before the RPG ends?I know you all know that I have a plan for future story events regarding this RPG. Part of the reason, I'm afraid, that you guys won't do anything without me is because you fear that you might go against my plans. As such, I have resolved to release my plans to you so that, in case (Ole Kirk Christiansen forbid) I go on leave again, you can carry on without me. With respect to those who do not wish to spoil anything, I've placed this under a spoiler tag.

• [*]The Maelstrom Temple is not on Adventurers' Island. It was actually located in Quadrant 14 of the Goo Caverns. Which already blew up. Meaning this entire Adventurers' Island mission was a waste. What a twist![*]The mole is Rex. That's right. The whole time, the mole was Rex. And even though there was absolutely nothing whatsoever to even vaguely hint that Rex was the mole, even though nearly every one of my posts is told from his perspective, even though we all know how much of a good guy Rex is and how much he hates XERRD and all that, he was the mole all along. You see, every time Rex was offscreen, he took off his "good guy" mask and sent messages to XERRD. It couldn't have been more obvious.[*]The reverse mole is Dr. Wile E. What's that? You don't remember him? Surely, you must. He was that random unidentified scientist that the Brickster passed while running through the Dino Island Laboratory. The one standing next to the one holding the super-spicy-tongue-melting-jail-cell-door-opening-hot pizza. Turns out he's behind the entire thing, infiltrating XERRD to give Dino Attack all the information.[*]Pterisa died on the way to Adventurers' Island. Why else do you think she hasn't appeared at all in Dino Attack: At War's End? Turns out that, along the way, she slipped on a banana peel and had a heart attack while drinking a cup of tea. This proved ultimately fatal, and she did not make it to Adventurers' Island. Dino Attack Team will have to carry on without her.[*]Frank Einstein slipped on a banana peel and had a heart attack while drinking a cup of tea. Why else do you think he hasn't appeared at all since the last time we saw him? While operating on Libo, this unfortunate incident occurred, and when news of this gets out, it will demoralize the Dino Attack Team.[*]Dr. Wallace Bishop is not real. He was erased from this timeline many years ago thanks to an organization of G-Men who play too much Team Fortress 2. However, this caused Sarah Bishop to enter an alternate universe and kidnap that Wallace Bishop. Then, for some reason, the Wallace Bishop that was erased from this timeline suddenly returned, revealing that he was not at all erased from this timeline, but in fact slipped on a banana peel and had a heart attack while drinking a cup of tea. They didn't believe him, and so the nice young men in clean white coats came to take him away, ha-haa![*]Lord Sam Sinister von Barron dies. Breaking the long-held rule of "no deaths of canon characters", this unexpected demise of everyone's favorite Adventurers villain will give Dino Attack: At War's End the shock factor necessary to distinguish it from its predecessor.[*]Lord Sam Sinister von Barron's not dead yet. He got better.[*]Lord Sam Sinister von Barron dies anyway. He was feeling too happy.[*]Anubis is just a codename. His real name is Anubis. Very plot-pivotal name reveal, since it is very crucial to understand Anubis's character. Without it, Anubis would just seem like a strange codename. With it, suddenly all his actions are revealed.[*]Ata will slip on a banana peel and have a heart attack while drinking a cup of tea. Indeed, this will warp your perception on the innocent communications expert.[*]Scout will slip on a banana peel and have a heart attack while drinking a cup of tea. This will be the first of many to come... even though it was really far from the first if you look back far enough.[*]Ben Gunn is Dr. Rex's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate. The Alexander/Schattenberg family just gets larger and larger every year. But this explains why Ben Gunn hated Dr. Rex so much... the positive aspects of their relationship could be best described as "absolutely nothing". Then again, so could the negative aspects. And all aspects in-between.[*]Ben Gunn slipped on a banana peel and had a heart attack while drinking a cup of tea. Is a pattern forming? Dino Attack Team must investigate these so-called accidents.[*]It turns out that Trouble was the mastermind behind all the incidents of people slipping on banana peels while drinking cups of tea and having heart attacks. And then Trouble slips on a banana peel and has a heart attack while drinking a cup of tea. At the end of the day, Dino Attack Team learns nothing.[*]Dr. Rex is your father. I know you're thinking that this cannot be and is simply impossible, but if you search your feelings, you know it will be true.[*]XERRD and Dino Attack Team join forces as a new threat arises, more powerful and more destructive than the Maelstrom itself... MegaBloks. However, this Enemy Mine situation is very short-lived, seeing as it takes no effort at all to defeat the MegaBloks. In only a matter of mere seconds after the rise (and fall) of the MegaBloks, XERRD and Dino Attack are back to battling each other again.[*]Greybeard, Frozeen, Frank Einstein, and General step into an elevator. Many jokes follow until we remember that Frank Einstein slipped on a banana peel and had a heart attack while drinking a cup of tea, meaning that this cannot be true, and then as a result it turns out that...[*]Everything was just a dream. Which leads to...[*]Everything that was just a dream was also real. Which leads to...[*]Everything that was just a dream was also real except for the stuff that wasn't a dream because that wasn't real. Which leads to...[*]Rex slips on a banana peel and has a heart attack while... eating super-spicy-tongue-melting-jail-cell-door-opening-hot pizza. The pattern is broken! This must mean something! But what does it mean? Ask me what it means! Ask me what it means![*]Everyone dies. The end.[*]You are dead. Not big surprise.[*]On the Dino Attack RPG's seventh anniversary, At War's End shall end. But it won't be the end, because it will be the start of a brand new saga... Keep an eye out for the exciting sequel to Dino Attack RPG: "Dino Attack RPG: Friendship is Magic"!

So, in summary, I hope I never have to go on leave again, especially for such a tragic reason. But, at least, this way you guys will have the necessary story plans to carry on without me.And now, on to some IC material... Atton Rand, I hope you do not mind me taking control of Rotor and Kate. And imperial, I apologize in advance for a bit of strong language on Sniper's part; if you so wish, I will remove it.IC: Rex waited in his wheelchair. He hated having to wait. They were running out of time, and Paulie Gonepus was still on the move... even if it was clear that he was traveling to the Pharaoh's Forbidden Ruins, Dino Attack Team could not afford to give XERRD too much of a head start.At last, a Fire Hammer stopped in front of him. Out stepped a young woman who appeared to be only a teenager... Kate Bishop, presumed Rex. Following her was a face that filled Rex with disgust... Rotor."You sent for us?" frowned Rotor, crossing his arms over his chest."Yes," nodded Rex, trying to mask his contempt for Rotor. "Thank you for coming on such short notice. We'll be leaving in only a few minutes, and we determined that it was in our best interest that you two come with me."Rotor did not reply, but Rex could practically see the gears moving in the elite agent's mind. Rex shuddered as he considered all the things Rotor could be thinking about... blackmailing the other commanding agents, trying to take control of the squad, or seeing this as an opportunity to use Kate Bishop as leverage for Wallace Bishop.Clearing his throat, Rex declared, "You two shall be under my supervision during the remainder of this mission. Anything I say, goes."Rotor raised an eyebrow. "And who died and made you my boss?" he muttered.Rex grimaced. "Too many have died, Rotor. Too many. And I will do all in my power to ensure that we do not have any more meaningless sacrifices. And trust me, this body confined to a wheelchair, as old and broken as it is, has lived through a lot. I don't need fear to take command... I have respect. And I'm not afraid of you."Rotor was silent once more. Once again, this silence worried Rex."We shall be leaving in only a few minutes," repeated Rex. "Be ready."*****"Stab, stab, stab!"As Sniper felt the cold blade against his back, it took all his willpower to suppress an involuntary flinch, lest that be the final motion he would make in this world. His entire body froze in place, waiting. At last, the cold metal was lifted from his back. Spinning around, Sniper came face-to-face with..."Bloody MegaBlokland, Spy!" cursed Sniper. "What do yeh think yeh doing, yeh bloody backstabbing wuss?"Spy chuckled softly as he pocketed his knife. "I've already told Blondie all I know about the Hybrid's fortifications at Fort Legoredo. He's still uneasy about Soldier's plan to use our bomb cart to blow up ze fort, so he sent me back here, to ze outpost, to gather supplies for an attack. Ammunition, scrap metal, my Electro-Sapper, sandwiches... et cetera.""But what was that for?" muttered Sniper, patting himself on the back where, just a moment ago, Spy's knife had been placed."You looked so tense and focused," mused Spy. "Very good qualities for a sniper, but ze problem is... you're too focused on what's directly in front of you. Suppose zat an enemy got past your field of vision, past our lines, and came in here to attack you from behind? You'd be dead. Luckily for you, I'm not your enemy... at least, not now.""Trying to teach me a lesson, eh?" grimaced Sniper."You could say zat," nodded Spy. "Next time... watch your back."With that, Spy grabbed a crate full of ammunition and left Sniper's post. Sniper turned away and continued his work, cursing quietly to himself about backstabbing traitors.

Edited by PeabodySam

And now, on to some IC material... Atton Rand, I hope you do not mind me taking control of Rotor and Kate.

OOC: That's no problem. I hadn't really controlled either of them much lately, so I guess I can assume that Rex called for them off-screen during the vivisection.IC: "You hear somin'?" Engineer suddenly remarked."Yeah," replied Clint. "I think I do."He quickly picked up a rifle and walked toward what he believed to be the source of the noise, obviously another group of mutant lizards approaching. There was a raptor with them as well. Suddenly there was a loud burst of gunfire from nearby, and Clint looked up to see several rounds and rockets coming form a nearby building."How do I stop an army of mutant dinos from tearing me a structurally superflous new behind?" Engineer remarked sarcastically. "The answer, use a gun."At that moment, there was a sudden burst of flame as a strange man Clint hadn't already seen emerged with a flamethrower, whoever it was they were firing in every direction.At that moment, they were all silenced off by a sudden explosion. A nearby building burst into flames. The stunned dinosaurs were quickly torched by the strange man, and another explosion came from nearby. As the sentry gun took out the remaining lizards, the sound of a motor became more audible, and out of the smoke rode in a strange man. He brought his motorcycle to a halt and climbed off, removing his goggles and his scarf, revealing a thick grey mustache."Is this Gold City?" He asked."Yeah," replied Clint. "Who are you?""My name's Firecracker," replied the man. "Professional explosives expert and dictator hunter.""I'm sorry,""Oh, I like to blow up ruthless dicators," replied Firecracker. "Chang Wu's the worst of them. I've been after him for years.""I see," replied Clint.The strange person from earlier stepped out of the smoke and for the first time Clint saw his- er... her... it's face, or rather the thick gas mask they were wearing."Who's your girlfriend?" Clint asked."Oh, how should I know?" Replied Firecracker.The person shouted something, apparently really annoyed, but everyone just stared at him confused. They tried to speak again, but nothing."That's Pyro," Engineer said, finally. "He's kinda crazy."

OOC: Thanks for releasing those plans, PeaSam. I have to say, I was not expecting that at all. It'll take quite a bit of twisting to fit my schemes to yours, but I think I should be able to do it as long as I can avoid all the banana peels on the floor around me. That's what RPing is all about after all, isn't it?Now, let's see if we can't hurry this along a bit. I'd rather not be vaporized by stromlings because I spent too much time sitting around and drinking a cup of tea.IC: Hotwire, B, and Kevin joined the groups of DA agents waiting by the vehicles for Semick's briefing. The bearded Elite Agent stepped up onto the hood of an Iron Predator so that he would be seen and heard by all, and prepared to speak.

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC: Thank you for showing off those plans, PeabodySam. Sure gave me an uplifting feeling to know what's in the next few stages. *supresses snickers*Yeah, I'll admit I've been putting off Semick's speech. Partly due to laziness, partly due to worry about having to get this right, partly due to pressure, and partly due to reluctance to post out of laziness. But no more!IC: ...So I should probably memorize 'Bohemian Rhapsody' on the way, but otherwise I should be good."We're cutting it close, Semick," Bluetooth reminded his superior and friend for the upteenth time."Got it!" Semick said with triumph. "Warm up the T-1."The Futuron technician grinned with excitement and relief and got to the various system power switches. Semick watched him in action, then stared briefly at the agents who would be helping to man the vehicle.It slightly pained him that Bluetooth was the only one he knew personally now. Remembering the crews and allies he had in here, it saddened him to think of who would not be accompanying him. Andrew and Laxus were good agents, but it seemed that they had their own affairs to handle. Rockford was a good ally, but he was busy helping Mur out on the ground. Then there was Zach and Raider.Zach of course needed no elaboration on his current status, but the matter of Raider did. He had been among the casualities of the camp ambush, lost when the medical tent had fallen. It was regrettable how he had to go. Already still suffering from his arm injury at LEGO Island, he also had to handle the beating he took when the XERRD fortress forces had caught him. Having to go in the midst of a Mutant DIno rampage, too injured to do much of anything, must've been a sickly ironic way to die. Semick regretted all his losses, but for all of an annoyance Raider's gun-ho personality had been, he had never wanted him to be lost, espically the way he had.Focusing back on the situation at hand, Semick was determined that Raider's death, along with all the others during this battle on the island, would not be for naught. He climbed out of the T-1 Typhoon and headed over to the front of the vehicle lot, bullhorn in hand.The tension was high. Vehicles left and right were rumbling, agents were muttering impatiently, and everyone was on edge. A few of them were keeping watch of the time, and with good reason: they were down to 10 minutes before Zach's deadline.As Semick walked forward to an Iron Predator near the front of the lot, agents began to take notice, starting to cheer and edge him on. Some of them were more negative, crying "get on with it!" and such, but otherwise they treated him with respect and encouragement. It made the former Power Miner proud. In spite of the "authority" he held, it was clear the others were respecting him as an individual as well.Reaching the Iron Predator, he climbed up onto the hood, catching the attention of the crew that had manned it. They applauded for him as he stood up on their hood, and a few other agents began to joined in. Semick gently motioned for them to stop. He didn't want to be overly respected like some actor winning an award they arguably deserved.Semick took a moment to clear his throat, took in some breath, and raised the bullhorn to his lips."Agents of Dino Attack, this might as well be our biggest battle yet! As we know, not only have we had to deal with the Mutant Dino forces this team has been fighting for months, and the XERRD scientists who helped them spread across the globe, but now we have a bigger and arguably much more dangerous emeny to face here! Were circumstances just right, I'd say even Dr. Rex himself might reconize this fact!Semick didn't stop to hear any responses. He needed to get this speech done fast, after all. "The Malestrom, as those who have followed the activites of the Nexus Force, has found itself in a strong position of power here on Adventurers' Island, deep inside one of the many ancient temples! After much deliberation, we have narrowed it down to two, and our best evidence and leads, combined with the necessity for action, cause us to now head within the area of the temple of the Pharoah Hotep the Third, which is as of now, our strongest canidate!"As such, our plan now is to head there and fight the forces of Dinos and Malestrom with all we've got, and get teams inside said temple to locate and neutralize this force of chaos! This may seem daunting, but after all we've been through, I have the upmost confidence that you won't let me down, nor let the Founders down, or your friends and family, or the world population, or the entire galaxy, for that matter! This Malestrom may be strong, corrupting, and extremely lethal, but Minifigkind is strong, and after years of fighting and overcoming such forces from within ourselves, I think a couple hundred glowing purple monsters should find us more than a match for them!"Keep your PDAs and radios open! I and the rest of the commanders of your teams will be on constant communicaiton to give out orders and battle stragedies! We will give these Malestrom soldiers every manuver we got EXCEPT retreat and surrender! Also, remember that we have sent out messages giving a full map of the Hotep III temple! Though the Malestrom or the shady intentions of the agent who translated it, and I'm talking about you, Dust, might hide unexpected suprise within to keep us from eradicating this menace, it should be an invaluable tool to help us rid this island of this evil power!"Know that in the possible outcome of the Hotep temple actually being the red herring, be ready and able to jump priorities to the next temple, a place of worship for Imagination, the Malestrom's storngest counter-force! We cannot fail here no matter what, and if we must fall, we will fall displaying the values that have got MInifigs where they are now - the determined, ever-persistent spirit to overcome all and stand for what we believe in! Have I made myself clear?A resounding chear, a chear of support, a cheer of readiness, a cheer of determination to wipe out one's foes, erupted from the combined forces of the LEGO Planet's only hope for survival. Semick grinned. "Alright then, let's move!"And with that, the commanding Elite Agent lept off the hood and ran for his T-1 Typhoon. All around him, the Steel Sprinters, Fire Hammers, Urban Avengers, Iron Predators, T-1 Typhoons, and the Renaissance roared as their engines began to run strong and get them in motion.The Battle for Adventurers' Island had begun.

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

OOC: So it begins!I somehow figured we couldn't go an April Fool's Day without a PeabodySam post. I got a good laugh out of it. I also send out my condolences to you PeabodySam. Family tragedies are never easy to deal with.IC:Despite what was about to happen, Minerva smiled from the Xenon Multi-Mode Launcher on the back of Andrew and Laxus' Fire Hammer. They were finally heading to the Maelstrom Temple.The Fire Hammer's engine roared as Andrew started it up. It quickly rolled into a line of other vehicles as they left the vehicle lot and headed into the jungle. It would not be long until they entered the Maelstrom-infected area of the jungle.Minerva and Andrew had considered Hertz idea of manning the Renaissance. They both reasoned that Zach would probably be within the Maelstrom Temple. It would be simpler to just take the Fire Hammer to the temple and head in by foot. Minerva also had some apprehension of flying. A quick glance over the Maelstrom-infected jungle showed swarms and swarms of Mutant Pterosaurs overhead. If they are under the Maelstrom's influence, they will give the T-1 Typhoon fleet a run for its money.Yeah, I thinking taking on a bunch of mindless zombies down here is better than facing a bunch of overpowered flying extinct reptiles. she thought.***********************Commander Vinyaya had managed to hitch a ride with the Renaissance. She couldn't help but grin underneath her Space Police helmet. She was finally getting back into the air. The fleet of helicopter began to rise into the sky, high above the towering trees of the jungle.She glanced down at a radar. Ahead of them was a massive red blip on the screen. Vinyaya glanced out the window and could see the thin outlines of Mutant Pterosaurs flying over the Maelstrom-infected jungle. She grimaced. This isn't going to be easy. She turned Hertz, who was hard at work at the communications dashboard."We need to take down these Pterosaurs," she said, pointing at her radar. Hertz quickly stood up and checked the radar. He winced."Probably," he agreed."Contact the surrounding Typhoons," Vinyaya commanded. "We need to at least hold these guys back so our ground teams can get to the temple."**************************'-Have I made myself clear?' Zach could hear roars of agreement from the Dino Attack Agents. Zach smiled. Even though they were now enemies, he couldn't help but admire Semick. It seemed like he had taken control of the operation from Hotwire and Reptile. He had the respect of the other agents and was a reasonable person compared to other agents.They are heading over here now, the scout said. He had been relaying Semick's speech to him. Zach smiled.Excellent work, Zach responded. Keep an eye out for them. He turned to Colonel, Cranky, the Hybrid which they had decided to name Gypsy and the Stromling army. Zach nodded to Colonel. Colonel nodded back and turned to his troops."Alright, gentlemen!" Colonel barked. "The time has come! The Dino Attack Team is on their way here right now! They will be attempted to destroy the temple and will try to kill as many of us as possible! We are not going to let that happen, are we?"The response Colonel received was a bunch of hideous growls and snarls. Zach rolled his eyes. Sure, they had a lot of Stromlings now. But these Maelstrom-created Stromlings that lack an original body also seem to lack any personality or intelligence."That's what I thought!" Colonel bellowed. "We are going to give them a welcoming party they won't forget! Half of you are falling back to aid our allies at the temple. The rest of us are heading near the edge of the infected area to meet the Dino Attack Team.""Are we to attack them? I wanna rip some heads off!" one Stromling asked. Colonel, as quick as a flash, grabbed the Stromling by the skull and shoved him to the ground."YOU WILL NOT SPEAK OUT OF TURN, YOU PITIFUL SLIME!" Colonel screamed angrily. He twisted the Stromling's head, breaking its neck. Colonel threw the ruined body to the ground and began to pace in front of his troops. The Stromlings snickered at the death of their comrade, but Colonel didn't seem to notice. Or care."My group will not be attacking the agents with the exception of Gypsy," Colonel continued, gesturing to the Hybrid. "Unless General Virchaus says otherwise." Colonel glanced at Zach. Zach smirked. General Virchaus? I think I could get used to that."No, we do not intend to attack," Zach said forcibly. "We are pulling out some scare tactics. We are making them realize exactly what they are getting into. Gypsy will be aiding in this plan by hijacking vehicles and killing some agents.""He is giving his life to our cause," Colonel added. "You slime ought to look up to this Hybrid with respect. You will never be half the soldier he is!" Zach nodded."Indeed," Zach said. "Enough chatter. It's time we go. More will be explained once we get there.""Let's go!" Colonel bellowed. "Move out!" Zach climbed on to Cranky as half of Colonel's troops began heading in the direction of the Maelstrom Temple."Go!" Zach hissed into Cranky's ear. The Stromling Ape beat his chest jumped up into the nearest tree. He wrapped his arms around the trunk and began to climb. Zach extended an arm to Colonel and Gypsy, who quickly accepted it and clung on to Cranky's back as the ape balanced on a tree branch."Into the trees, men!" Colonel commanded. "Time to go back to your evolutionary roots!" Stromlings began climbing the trees as Cranky began swinging from tree to tree at high speeds.OOC: Don't encounter Zach's group yet. Feel free to engage the Pterosaurs though.

Edited by Brikman McStudz

OOC: Yessssssss.Brikman, I seem to recall Hotwire and/or Reptile actually handed the command over to Semick formally and at least semi-officially.crazy, I hope you don't mind if I stick with you for the time being, since Hotwire's temporarily without his own transportation. I assume B still has a Fire Hammer, but if things are changing, then I can edit.EDIT: Looks like I ninja'd you. Never mind.IC: Hotwire ducked over to a nearby weapons crate, grabbing a rifle and slinging a Sonic Screamer onto his back, and then followed B and Kevin, explaining the situation with the Talon on the way. "And naturally, I simply can't afford to traipse off on my own this time," he finished, as they reached B's Fire Hammer. B strapped himself into the driver's seat and they rolled into the column of vehicles and departed Outpost 4."Here's hoping we make it out alive," Hotwire muttered.

Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

IC:"You ok, B? Chris has the Hammer warmed up over here."B looked up and smiled. His old Fire Hammer stood there, but with some evident changes. Apart from the obvious bloodstains, the Xenon Multi-Mode Launcher had been replaced with a hefty-looking machine gun, and and an insignia of a Norse hammer was painted on the sides and hood.Adrenalin coursed through B's body. All thoughts of headaches and limps were driven away by the thoughts of battle. He sat in the driver's seat, with Kevin sitting beside him, pointing what looked to be a grenade launcher at the underbrush. Chris had jumped to the turret and was also scanning the jungle with a critical eye."If you see anything, shoot it," B said, "I'm just going to keep driving!""Aye aye," yelled Chris from the turret.A enormous roar broke the relative silence. A group of Raptors and mutant lizards broke through the plants and were running towards the convoy."Incoming!"*******Dino Attack HQ, AntarcticaRob felt out of place at the HQ. Tense though it was, it didn't compare in his opinion to being at the front lines. But, he had two things to do here. One, get his wounds healed, and two, find Sam. His first objective had already been completed, so now all that was left was to find his cousin. He had been waiting around the hospital area of the compound for a couple days, not knowing where to start looking. He lay in his bed, thinking, when he heard a familiar voice."Rob! Well, looks like you're in at least okay shape. Ready to go back to the line?""Sam. I'm ready, more or less, but only if you're coming with... ow, my leg. I thought... you would be a patient, if anything.""Honestly, Rob, don't you remember? I was studying medicine before the war. I got a chance to finish up my studies thanks to my unexpected hiatus from the war.""I see. Nonetheless, Kev sent me back here to get you."Sam stared for a minute. "You're kidding, right?""B probably needs some medical help. When I left, he was in a coma.""Why didn't you say so? I'll talk to the head surgeon."Well, that was easier than I was expecting, Rob thought. Now... to... Megablocking megablocks my leg hurts.

IC: "Alright boys, this is it," Rotor said excitedly over the radio. "Let's ge these babies into the air. This is Agent Rotor standing by. Over""Agent Cabin, standing by. Over""Agent MacReady, standing by. Over"Jackson quickly climbed into the first fire hammer he found alongside Teri."You ready for this?" Jackson asked. Teri nodded with a smile. "It'll be just like old times," she said. "Let's go snipe some Stromlings!"

"So where've you been all this time?" Sarah asked."The hospital," replied Pierce. "I've been working there for a while now.""I see," replied Sarah. "You said you met Kate?""Yeah," replied Pierce."Did you ever tell her?""What?""About her father," replied Sarah."Why? Who is it?" Asked Pierce. "Don't tell me there's more connections with XERRD.""No," replied Sarah. She sighed. "It's you. You're her father."Pierce suddenly sat up, somewhat unnerved. "Whoa whoa whoa. That can't be right. I'm Kate's father?""It was only a few months after I was released that I realized I was pregnant," replied Sarah.Pierce sighed. "It figures," he remarked. "I became a father to her, and now I realize I really am her father."Jenny started to moan. Sarah got up and sat down next to her. "Easy," she said. "It's okay. Tell me, who did this to you?""Bad men," replied Jenny, a few tears in her eyes. "They wouldn't stop hitting me. He just kept laughing and hitting me.""That sounds like Rotor," Pierce remarked from across the room."I'm sorry," replied Sarah as she turned toward him."Rotor's a guy on the team," replied Pierce. "He has a few rather questionable methods that include attempting to execute an entire T-1 Typhoon crew for disobeying Rotor's orders. He also ordered your daughter into a fortress filled with toxins.""What?" Sarah shouted as she stormed toward Pierce. "Is she okay.""Last I saw she was fine," replied Pierce."She'd better be," replied Sarah before she turned away.

IC: Hotwire ducked over to a nearby weapons crate, grabbing a rifle and slinging a Sonic Screamer onto his back. He then looked around. Everyone else was rolling out, and he was without a vehicle of his own. Then there was a rumble behind him. He turned to see a Fire Hammer trundling uncertainly towards him, with a familiar Ogel Drone in the driver's seat. Septimus tipped his cap as Hotwire climbed into the cab. "It was unaccounted for, so I thought I may as well lend a hand," the drone said."Well done," Hotwire said. "But if you don't mind, I'll do the driving. I'm much more comfortable behind the wheel of these trucks than you seem to be." In response, Septimus grinned nervously as only a skull can, hopped out of the driver's seat, and climbed up onto the turret. Hotwire then strapped himself in and floored the gas pedal, quickly catching up with the rest of the convoy, which was already under attack. He saw a group of raptors and mutant lizards charging B's Fire Hammer, and swerved towards them. "Open fire!" he called out.Septimus didn't hesitate for even a split second, peppering the dinos with bursts from the xenon launcher.OOC: Writing this post was an odd experience. Trying to write a quick action sequence while listening to a nostalgic-sounding Beirut song while my paranoid sociopathic roommate rants about something or other in the background...oy :PRegardless, it's nice to finally get Septimus back in the game.

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

That's all we need on a family-friendly forum, evidence of an affair. Can't IC right now, kinda busy. See ya tomorrow.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC:It was the most intense game of chicken that B had ever played. One raptor versus one Fire Hammer. It would certainly make for one spectacular collision.Kevin looked up from lobbing grenades at the other dinos and swore profusely under his breath."B... Do you know what you're doing?!?!""Trust me. Fire a grenade at that spot in 3...2...1," B motioned towards the general area to the front of the Hammer.Kevin pulled the trigger. Time seemed to slow as the raptor turned away. The grenade moved faster than the eye could see.A shock wave pulsed from the point of impact as the raptor fell dead. B and Kevin exchanged high-fives and Chris smiled in relief. Kevin looked up, and found that all was not well."MEGABLOCKI..."Another explosion. This time caused by a moving vehicle hitting a very large solid rock. B, Chris and Kevin pulled themselves up and saw that there were some lizards who were very happy about having smaller prey."Not today, ya filthy animals," B muttered, and he activated his arm-blade. Chris pulled out his katana and both of them charged at the lizards. Kevin swore loudly and then followed, firing shots with his sidearm."Can we not keep a vehicle intact for five minutes? Honestly!" Kevin activated his radio, "Mayday! Help! Anybody!"

OOC: Can someone please recap me the major events that happened so far? I've been out quite sometime and lost track

OOC: Most of the team is just heading out to find the Maelstrom temple, with the exception of a handful of agents who stayed behind, namely Windows (who is trying to keep in contact with Hertz) and a few people involved with the vivisection of a Stromling. From what I can gather the people who left are already running into mutant dinosaurs.I'll post an IC later. I know That Guy wanted to get in on the vivisection, so I'm waiting him to post before I go back to Fuchs, I'm not totally sure what to do on the front lines yet, and I'm a bit short of ideas for Gold City at the moment, plus there's only so much I can write about Pierce and Sarah before it gets too repetetive. Could someone give me something to do? Edited by Atton Rand

IC:As Semick finished his speech, David ran towards his Fire Hammer, where he found Joseph Smith waiting for him."I figured I might as well come on for the ride," remarked Joseph as David quickly turned the ignition key, put the gear box into 1st, and slammed his foot on the pedal. At high speed, the vehicle shot out of the outpost and into the artificial rampage of vehicles headed for the Maelstrom Temple. Fifty miles per hour. But then, a crackle came through on his radio."Mayday! Help! Anybody!"David looked, and saw crashed Fire Hammer. He recognized B and two other agents, fighting off some lizards."Right Joseph, you fire at those lizards, and I'll try and rescue the agents!" said David as he put his foot on the brake...

And kudos IO. You're a pretty sharp kid to understand all that at 9.

-The Captain

Old LGD RPGs:

Dino Attack RPG - Space Police RPG - Johnny Thunder RPG Mark Two - Alpha Team RPG: Ogel's Last Stand

-Signature Under Construction-

At this point in time, real life has made it so that I may have absences from here from time to time. Apologies.

LEGO Universe; October 8th 2010, to January 31st 2012

OOC:I have posted an RPG idea in the design topic. Please go there and comment, it's kinda slow over there.IC:And with that, the battle began. Thirty agents ran towards Kara's ship and loaded up. She hopped in the cockpit and took off. As she flew towards the temple, Mutant Pterosaurs began chasing her. She swiveled the Sonic Screamers towards them, and fired. The Pterosaurs fell towards the ground, and others veered away towards slower prey."C sharp?" The Pterosaurs hit the ground. "Or B flat? Music to my ears," she said as she continued on. She was nearly to the dropsite when she heard weapons discharge, and felt the ship shudder. An alarm went off on the control panel.One of the agents rushed into the cockpit. "What's wrong?" he asked."The stupid Stromlings shot out my discharge nozzle." "What is that?" the agent asked. "It's where the ions flow out, and both lift and propel the ship. This ship uses a plasma engine," she replied. "Wow. Isn't that overkill on an airship?" "No, this craft is spaceworthy, but the entire fleet is grounded, given that all the spaceports are destroyed."She glided to a landing. "Everbody offload. Thank you for flying Wise Airlines, please fly with us again." She jury-rigged a fix for the airship, programmed the AI autopilot to take it back to the outpost, and hefted the Gatling Sonic Screamer she took from the armory, and said, "Alright, Stromlings, you're in for it now." She started marching towards the temple.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OoC: So are there or are there not any Spinosaurs in the RP? I'd just like a little confirmation.IC: The Puma was ready to go. Fullmetal scratched his chin."Seriously, why call it the 'Warthog?'" he asked. Claymore moved to the front of the vehicle."Y'see these tow hooks?" Fullmetal nodded. "They look just like tusks. And what animal has tusks?""... A walrus!""No!" Claymore facepalmed himself. "Quit making up fake animals, so we can get out there!"Fullmetal paused before stepping into the driver's seat. He turned to face Tex. "Are you coming with?"Tex shook her head. I will remain here, for now, she replied. Fullmetal sat down, buckled himself in, and hit the gas.OoC: Now, where am I needed?

IC: Hotwire pulled up by B's crashed Fire Hammer at the same time as David. He tossed Septimus the Sonic Screamer as the drone leaped off the turret to help the agents on the ground, and then climbed out of the driver's seat and into the turret himself. He nodded to the gunner on David's Fire Hammer, and the two of them opened fire.

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OoC: Rats. -.- I was planning a showdown of epic proportions, a la Jurassic Park ///.IC: The Puma stopped outside of the main base. "Why do we have to stop here?" inquired Fullmetal.Claymore hopped out of the turret and on to the ground."We need to pick up our new Four and Five," he said flatly. "Replacements."The term smacked Fullmetal in the face like a whip. "I find it vulgar," he growled, "that the higher-ups think of new members as replacements." He spat on the ground to punctuate his opinion."Take it up with the head honchos later," Ptero said. "Right now, we need every man and woman we can get in this fight."Two 'figs were waiting for them already. One, a woman, and the other a man."You already know Katana," Claymore said. "Now, meet Hunter."Hunter's helmet had been heavily modified, possessing a set of night-vision goggles and infra-red scopes. He and Katana stood next to a similarly-modified Fire Hammer, this one with a four-barreled gun on the back."Since I can't call this the Warthog," Claymore rolled his eyes. "I'll call that the Warthog.""Seriously, you have issues," Ptero sighed.

OoC: So are there or are there not any Spinosaurs in the RP? I'd just like a little confirmation.

OOC: I'm not sure. I don't remember if there were any in the Adventurers' line, but that doesn't mean they don't exist in this world. Actually I think there were some in that dinosaurs line (not to be confused with Dino Island, they're two different themes, even in the RPG). Now I don't know if they exist as mutants or not (though I had considered the possibility of introducing some new breeds- namely a mutant tricerotops or mutant brontosaur or something like that just for fun), but they should be there as normal dinosaurs.IC: Jackson quickly broke a window on his fire hammer using the butt end of his rifle. "I think this is our chance," he said keenly as he lifted it toward the mutant dinosaurs ahead. He then pulled the trigger.

OOC: I think you can have a Mutant Spinosarus. However, I wouldn't have a whole bunch. I think XERRD stuck mostly to Raptors, T-Rexes, Pterosaurs, and weird lizard things. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they mutated other dinos. At least carnivorous hunter dinosaurs.

OOC: I think you can have a Mutant Spinosarus. However, I wouldn't have a whole bunch. I think XERRD stuck mostly to Raptors, T-Rexes, Pterosaurs, and weird lizard things. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they mutated other dinos. At least carnivorous hunter dinosaurs.

OOC: Actually, thinking about it at length there could at least in theory be potential advantages to herbivourous dinosaurs. Just because they don't eat meat does not make them any less aggressive. A triceratops for example does have those horns and in large numbers could perform a pretty nasty rampage. A brontosaurus does have its size. Actually, they're mutated alot already how do we know their structure can't be genetically engineered to allow them to eat minifigs.

OOC: Interesting conundrum. Since the mutant dinosaurs seem to be, essentially, stromlings, it doesn't seem to me that eating would really be necessary for them to survive, and as XERRD's purpose for them was to cause as much chaos as possible, it would make more sense to breed mutants from dinosaurs which already have high potential for destructive abilities than to breed them based on what they eat.A mutant ankylosaurus could do some serious damage. Frankly, I'd rather face down a raptor.

Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OoC: Ever heard of Therizinosaurus? Imagine a mutated one... In any case, I'd rather face a Mutant Tyrannosaurus than something with two-foot-long claws. o.oIC: The two Fire Hammers bounced through the jungle road, if it could be called a road. Really, it was just a trail of mud carved into the jungle."Have there been any new developments that I should know about?" Fullmetal asked. "New subspecies of Mutant Dino? Green Goo mutations? Anything?""Nothing of note," Katana replied. "But earlier today, I was assigned the autopsy of a blue Mutant Lizard.""Just another monster to be put down," Hunter said, swinging the Warthog's turret to face the other side of the road."We don't have to destroy all of them," Fullmetal said firmly. "These creatures are intelligent, almost like you and me. I've seen that they have the potential for good and evil. They're more like minifigs than--"The Puma skidded to a stop. "What gives?" Katana asked."Motion tracker's picking up movement," Fullmetal said. He adjusted the device built into the dash, just to be sure. His eyes widened. "Brickit! Their stalking us!" The road in front of them shimmered slightly, and several chameleon Mutant Lizards revealed themselves. A pair of Raptors burst from the foliage behind the two vehicles. "Brickit! Open fire! OPEN FIRE!"