Rock / Alternative Rock

I'm experiencing unhealthy amounts of anticipation for Exister. HWM is easily one of the best signings that Rise Records has ever made.Right up there with The Early November.-Teezy

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

would Rise Against count as Alt rock?

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

Siren Song of the Counter Culture.<33333-Teezy

yes, that is one of my favs, but appeal to reason and Endgame have some good songs to. and Appeal has the first song by Rise that i listened to.

War...war never changes.

Siren Song of the Counter Culture.<33333-Teezy

yes, that is one of my favs, but appeal to reason and Endgame have some good songs to. and Appeal has the first song by Rise that i listened to.
Siren Song is still one of my favorite albums of all time and ​The Sufferer & The Witness had a lot of jams, but I just could not get into Appeal to Reason and I didn't even bother listening to Endgame.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

there good albums, but the erailer Rise is better then the new

War...war never changes.

I first listened to High Violet by The National online a couple weeks ago and thought the album sounded rather drab. All the songs sounded similarly subdued to me; I got bored rather quickly.I just completed my second listen-through at this moment. This album is actually a lot deeper than I first thought. Some highlights (in my opinion) are "Terrible Love", "Bloodbuzz Ohio", "Runaway", "Conversation 16", "England", and "Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks". If you're into quiet, thoughtful music, The National are your cup of tea; if you greatly prefer up-tempo, energetic songs, you aren't missing anything.

what if you like both? =P

Haha, I'm in the same boat there. :P Just be sure to take your time while listening to this album; none of the songs are up-tempo or energetic, but they aren't all exactly depressing.

oh yeah, did you ever/do you plan to listen to Silversun Pickups?

I forgot about them, lol. I'll add them onto my to-listen-to list right below Cage the Elephant and Dream Theater.

Warped Tour is looking rather solid this year.If anyone wants to meet up at the Virginia Beach or Charlotte shows, I'll be hitting up both.-Teezy

dude i will no doubt be at the Charlotte show, broing down is in order
It most definitely is-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

I just heard The Fray's recent rendition of the U.S.'s National Anthem.I have to say, it didn't sound as bad as I thought it would. I mean, obviously the guitar chords were out-of-tune, but Isaac Slade actually managed to hit most of the notes (I had expected him to slip up more). This isn't going to help the band's popularity any. :mellow:

Well, when your review of it is essentially "It was bad, but I didn't die of it," I'd say you're probably right about the effect it will have on their popularity.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

lol The Frayripoff of Coldplay who in turn are a ripoff of U2 who have always been overrated anyhow. /opinionso anyways totally digging Chelsea Wolfe atm, her latest album Apokalypsis is amazing. it's like.. dark indie rock that's influenced by everything from folk to doom metal.

lol The Frayripoff of Coldplay who in turn are a ripoff of U2 who have always been overrated anyhow. /opinion

Y'know, I've never understood why The Fray was considered a Coldplay ripoff. To me, at least, The Fray sounds much more like a combination of Counting Crows (somber, thoughtful, emotional songs) and Five for Fighting (piano-driven pop rock).Also, Coldplay's album X&Y definitely channeled U2, but Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends and Mylo Xyloto have definitely put Coldplay on a different path.Despite being a fan of some of U2's work, I do think that they are somewhat overrated. Edited by Legolover-361

lol and coldplay aren't?

Coldplay's first two albums are overrated. Their third got a more polarized reception, so I wouldn't say it's overrated. Their latter two albums, though, are awesome.

Don't be hatin on U2 now. Love those guys honestly. ^^

My mom has their album Achtung Baby (only decent in my opinion). I want to get All That You Can't Leave Behind and How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb from the local library soon.

And also yeaaah! High Violet man, they are awesome. It's pretty mello stuff, but it's amazing. See if I can find Boxer sometime soon.

I should listen through Boxer someday soon.

No but seriously.When You're Through Thinking, Say Yes and Ocean Avenue. Right now.-Teezy

What sort of music?

lol and coldplay aren't?

Coldplay's first two albums are overrated. Their third got a more polarized reception, so I wouldn't say it's overrated. Their latter two albums, though, are awesome.

My mom has their album Achtung Baby (only decent in my opinion). I want to get All That You Can't Leave Behind and How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb from the local library soon.

And also yeaaah! High Violet man, they are awesome. It's pretty mello stuff, but it's amazing. See if I can find Boxer sometime soon.

I should listen through Boxer someday soon.

No but seriously.When You're Through Thinking, Say Yes and Ocean Avenue. Right now.-Teezy

What sort of music?
Alternative/pop-punk with violin.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

If you want good U2 look no further than The Joshua Tree.Because And All That You Can't Leave Behind is one of my least favorite albums of all time.How to Dismantle... isn't very much better.

By contrast, How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb is one of my favorite albums. The latter half of All That You Can't Leave Behind drags on a little too much for me to say the same about that album.I've never listened to The Joshua Tree in its entirety. I should.In other news, I just finished listening to both of Cage the Elephant's albums. Cage the Elephant is fantastic -- save for the profanity, which really bugs me. In contrast, Thank You, Happy Birthday sounds rather bored. I'll give it another listen in the future, but my first impression is forced tunes and a distinct lack of upbeat songs.

U2 is the most pretentious band I know of that has nothing to do with progressive rock. They're good musicians, but I'm sure quite a lot of people would jump at an opportunity to punch Bono in the face.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

What sort of music?
I'm listening to Ocean Avenue right now. I've actually heard "Ocean Avenue" on the radio before. I'm currently listening to the fifth song on the album. It and the first four tracks are fantastic; I love the mixture of pop punk and alternative rock with violin.

What sort of music?
I'm listening to Ocean Avenue right now. I've actually heard "Ocean Avenue" on the radio before. I'm currently listening to the fifth song on the album. It and the first four tracks are fantastic; I love the mixture of pop punk and alternative rock with violin.
Good to know I'm opening your mind a little bit.MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

• 3 weeks later...