To Save The World!

OOC: Decrease it to what, though? To keep it realistic, couldn't be more than, say, a thousand feet, and then the whole effect he was going for is gone.Speaking of which, where is flight listed in his powers?

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Decrease it to what, though? To keep it realistic, couldn't be more than, say, a thousand feet, and then the whole effect he was going for is gone.Speaking of which, where is flight listed in his powers?

He still gets extra speed from gravity.And it's the fictional ability of antimatter to repel matter that gives him his flight ability. He can manipulate and enhance it, using it to keep himself alive, among other things.

OOC: Thing is, acceleration due to gravity takes time. You don't reach terminal velocity all at once.And if it gives him the power to fly, maybe that should be mentioned in his profile, to clear up confusion on that subject.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Sorry for my Delay.IC:Kaname just shook his head, completely calm "Didnt I just tell you?" he saw the ice spikes and vanished in a stream of Black Lightning, appearing flying in the air "I fought Super Villains that could rip the fabric of Reality itself, they could warp Space, time, anything, but you know how I stopped them? Cause Of my partner x-Blade his and my powers were the perfect combination."he dismissed his sword, "I highly doubt that you Ever Killed me. maybe you could have when I was like 18 but because of how much my powers evolved to a degree that even you, no matter how powerful you were cant ev en hope to catch me. Grahhhhh!!!!!!" he screamed a loud shockwave of energy and Black Lighting exploded around him in such a density that the ice almost thirty feet around him melted almost instantly.This went on for only a few seconds when it died down. Kaname's Body didnt look human, it looked more Like Lightning itself. This was at least 40% of his max power in Lightning form. "In this density, I can easily evade anything you Got, Ii'm at least ten times faster than before. Lightning is many times hotter than the sun itself, Black Lightning is five to ten times hotter than Normal Lightning, everything within thirty feet of me, the air itself is so hot that even you in your current state would Fall."Kaname shrugged, "Hey, I'm old, I have a right to be Arrogant to Ne? Anyway, My point is, that your attacks to me are almost like a paused Video. Now, dont you think as powerful as me, who can even go higher levels of power, Not even worth a second look from you as an Ally? if not I'll show off even stronger attacks that the very low level Lightning Tempest.OOC: Keep in mind that he;s pretty old and stubborn(I havent decided if he's either 50 or 90 yet) so i wouldnt know how strong he is against Frigid at full power. So sorry if it seemed Like I was being OP with my character.

Kenpachi Zaraki Captain of squad 11

Read This to learn about kenpachi.

odstreflect.png

Credit to Republic Commando Darman for the banner.

OOC: I think superpowers are a direct cause of crippling narcissism. That's the only explanation for some of the things characters do here.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Keep in mind that he;s pretty old and stubborn(I havent decided if he's either 50 or 90 yet) so i wouldnt know how strong he is against Frigid at full power. So sorry if it seemed Like I was being OP with my character.

OOC: Oh, saying that less that half your full power is enough to evenly match you against someone supercharged to the point where they could slaughter this universe's League? Nah, that's not overpowered at all. ;)IC:Frigid stared down at Kaname. Her frost blade melted in her hands, and she crossed her arms. Somehow, it didn't seem like her little lightshow impressed her at all.The other hint would be when the ice erupted around Kaname, swirling around him like a blizzard. What Kaname had failed to remember was that Frigid had apparently once frozen a man who could create plasma to death. Even with his powers burning as hot as he claimed they could, Kaname could still feel a chill in the air. A few buildings away, Fade could only see a tornado of ice and snow snaking up into the sky. In the swirling cloud of pure whiteness, dark shapes could be seen moving about... until a claw of ice shot up under Kaname, hurling him through the air. All the super-speed and agility in the world did nothing against an attack you couldn't see.He was launched backwards, smashing through the side of one building and out the other. And then another, and another. Kaname should have counted himself lucky he was apparently so powerful; a lesser body would have been reduced to pulp by now. As he skidded to a stop on the roof of another building, tearing up brick and mortar as he did so, Frigid's icy form once again materialized."No... I must have killed you before; I can't imagine someone as arrogant as you not wanting to pick a grudge match with someone like me. If he's not dead, than he's either smarter than you or a coward," she said. "Now, you do realize you can't actually hurt me, right? I'm not even here; none of your attacks are doing anything except satisfying your raging ego, which, rather impressively, may eclipse even mine. But you're lucky: I don't care about you. I don't care about your powers, I don't care who you thought, I don't care about your precious partner. So, I have no particular investment in killing you right now."So, I'm offering you a chance here; I did say I could be merciful. Leave now. Just go, run away with your tail between your legs," continued Frigid. "I'd say you'd survive longer, but with your survival instinct I'd imagine you'll be dead of exposure come tomorrow. However, you might survive out there, which is far better odds than if you continue to try and face me. This is not a boast. This is a simple statement of facts."[For Science!]

No one in the world ever gets what they want,

and that is beautiful.

Everybody dies frustrated and sad,

and that is beautiful.

OOC: Limited computer time sucks.Just a note, but the forcefield turning opaque wasn't meant as a conscious shift of his power, merely an acknowledgement that transparent objects look solid when you spin them fast enough. :PIC: (Aquarius)"AGH!" Aquarius screamed, clutching his arm. The shot had passed straight through the arm he had held outstretched to direct the icy flow, and it twisted away from Mr. No-One as he jerked his arm back. With a muttered curse, he erected a wall of ice between him and the CIA agent and inspected his wounded arm.---As Typhoon's winds began to pick up speed, the car - and the forcefield with it - began to move, being carried across the street and back in a steady whirlwind pattern. Nihilo did indeed punch through the field, eliciting a pained cry from the agent. The plan was for naught, though, as the car was wisked away from the impact zone, leaving Nihilo once again outside the shield.The combined attacks were far from unsuccessful, however; without being able to concentrate, the agent was unable to repair the shield, and an enormous rent was torn from one end of the dome to the other, splitting it evenly into two separate shields. The shields were still close enough together to be effective, but the rift was there. OOC: Congratulations, Nero; you shot the resident doctor. Now who's going to fix all the injuries your shooting is causing? :P~Lord Rahl~

OOC: Congratulations, Nero; you shot the resident doctor. Now who's going to fix all the injuries your shooting is causing? :P

OOC: Hey, I'll have you know Hivemind is a doctor! ...of, yknow, bugs... and stuff... :unsure:IC:Hivemind's hundred compound eyes turned their attention towards the gash torn through the side of the forcefield. So, this was it then. She'd wanted to stay out of this whole kidnapping affair, so of course it was all going to have to come down to her. But it looked like everyone else was far too busy getting shot, and unless Aquarius and Negafire had some brilliant plan to get filled with enough holes to slip through the cracks in the forcefield, Hivemind was the only one who could fit through that rift. So she buzzed over the street, descending upon the car like a biblical plague. Bees, wasps, and hornets swarmed through the gaps in the barrier, Hivemind trying to get as much of her swarm through before the agent could fix the gap. The insects buzzed madly into the car like a whirlwind, ready to set their stingers into the defending agent.[For Science] Edited by Chronicler of Ko-Koro

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

OOC: Unless we fall under the category of "stuff," then she's not much help. :PIC: (Aquarius)The swarm of insects was enough to completely shatter the agent's concentration, the shields completely vanishing as an unearthly amount of stinging insects descended upon him. Pained yelps turned to screams, and an orange forcefield appeared around each of his hands, struggling to climb up his arm as he began brushing Hivemind off of him and swatting at those insects that had yet to land on him.OOC: No death by bugs, please; I've got future plans for this guy. So, it's safe to say he's not allergic to beestings. :P~Lord Rahl~

OOC: Well, she ought to have at least an above average understanding of biology, but not so much on the first aid, no. So yeah, not much of a help (not that she'd volunteer herself to be anyway...), it's just nice to be included, y'know?IC:The agent's forcefield's drove off a few of the bees, and even fried a few as they made contact. But that wasn't too big of a problem for Hivemind; with the shield gone she could send her whole swarm into the car, and she could attack from far more many angles than he could swat at. Hivemind wasn't aiming to kill the guy - if it wasn't self-defense or science, what was the point? But when all of this was over, she hoped he either took the sensible option and ran for his life, or simply that her attacks would leave him an a state largely incapable of continuing his defense of the girl.[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC: Typhoon wrapped himself in a powerful cyclone, using it to propel himself towards the car. He should hit the now defenceless super in a hammer-blow, throwing him off the car even if he did nothing else. And that would leave him free to grab the target. Which was kind of the point of this mission. Not to get in a brawl with the secret service, despite the fun Negafire and Nihilo were having

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC (Nihilo): Nihilo made his way out of the tunnel he had inadvertently made, and began to feed off of the negative energy swirling around to make up for what he lost, all while trying to still look like he was contributing and being super-villain-y.He was really spent. While ensuring that he did not come into contact with the water from the hydrant, he stealtily made his way towards the final open street. He was planning on covering thier retreat, if he could get charged enough by then.

IC: Sarah made a swirling gesture with her hand. To utilise her powers she didn't need to make any body movements at all, but she found it helped her perform the more complex maneuvers. Right now she was willing a portion of the water to spin and spin, becoming a miniature whirlpool to drag the zombie sharks in... while at the same time creating sufficient currents to prevent herself from being affected by its pull.About four of the creatures were dragged in, flailing helplessly as they tried to escape it. There more more sharks approaching from other angles though, angles at which they could attack Sarah long before the whirlpool's pull affected them. So Sarah also had to concentrate on redirecting more of them into the hull of the barge. For now she was keeping on top of things, but if many more sharks joied the fray then it would all be too much for her to maintain her focus. She racked her brains for an alternative course of action.IC: Danielle's only actions subsequent to hiding in the footwell were to flinch and scream as the sounds and vibrations of more chaos met her. She chanced a peek at what was happening only to see her bodyguard smothered in stinging insects. That was it. Up until this point it had seemed like the car was the safest place to be, but now to her panic and adrenaline-flooded mind the most sensible thing to do was run. Without even thinking about her odds of escaping or where she should go, Danielle leapt from the car and bolted. Which suddenly put her in a minefield of danger, what with strong winds, bullets, plasma streams, icicles and antimatter flying every which way...

Edited by Kumata

IC:Hivemind watched as Danielle fled the car. With her running and Typhoon dealing with what was left of the forcefield agent, there was really little reason for Hivemind to remain in the car. But their target was running, and that could be a problem. She did have the advantage that neither side particularly wanted her dead - well, Hivemind assumed the Secret Service didn't want her dead, but when you were tasked with guarding an annoying little girl it must start to sound just a little appealing - but with all the chaos unfolding around them that was no guarantee of her safety. Not to mention if she somehow managed to find a hiding place, then it could take the Coalition a lot of unnecessary time trying to find her, time which the League of Salvation could use to do the inconvenient thing of showing up.So it seemed that it wasn't enough for Hivemind to just take part in the kidnapping, it was time for her to go the extra mile on this whole deal. Abandoning the car, Hivemind buzzed behind a mailbox, reforming in civilian garb. She wasn't sure if Danielle had seen her little stunt earlier - the whole point of it had been to get noticed after all - but with all the confusion going on hopefully she'd missed the part of Hivemind's act that ended with her bursting into a swarm of bees. But if she could dupe a squadron of trained agents, she was pretty sure she could trick a little girl into thinking she wasn't a supervillian. As Danielle ran by, Hivemind grabbed her arm and pulled her down behind the cover of the mailbox."Hey, kid. Are you, like, crazy?" she asked, sounding - impressively convincingly, at least for Hivemind - almost legitimately concerned. "You could've gotten yourself killed out there! Come on, we've gotta... like... get you to safety or something..."Hivemind was hoping the kid would fall for the concerned citizen act. If she was lucky, maybe she could try and convince the kid to get out of the line of fire... and, conveniently, out of the line of sight of the Service agents trying to protect her. At the very least, she could try and keep the kid reasonably still long enough for one of the others to make a grab for her.[For Science!]

Edited by Chronicler of Ko-Koro

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

OOC: I'm about to get stung to death for this, aren't I? It's either that or I get my legs frozen, my head set on fire, and antimatter lobbed at my kidneys, I suppose.IC(Mr. No-One): The CIA agent had seen the swarm of bees fly behind the mailbox, and, seeing the girl get pulled behind it, he put two and two together. Cursing the whole stupid situation, he pulled himself up from the ground, and ran off after the girl. The fight around the car had been lost, but that didn't necessarily mean the enemy had to succeed in their primary objective.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Let's go with the antimatter.IC (Nihilo):THAT MAN! He never failed to be annoying. Nihilo was weak, but he might still have a chance to put this guy in the mortuary. Or a medical school, where they tried to figure out how he got such a clean hole in his chest. Gathering up his strength, not to mention a fair amount of negative energy from the super who was being stung ( Mmmm, fear was like sweet candy...) he fired antimatter at this guy's chest. "WHY WON'T YOU DIE???!?!?" he screamed.

Edited by King Joe

IC(Mr. No-One): Had Nihilo really wanted to surprise the CIA agent, maybe he wouldn't have screamed at him as he was attacking. As it was, the scream alerted him to the fool hopped up on delusions of his own adequacy, and he jumped to the left, letting the ball of energy sail on past him and impact the ground a few meters ahead. As the agent continued to run, he called back to Nihilo."I won't die because the universe needs someone to comment on how you ruin everything!"

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC (Nihilo): Oh Nihilo was tempted, oh so tempted, to end it all right there and then by flying up to this guy and giving him an antimatter bear hug. Of course, it would kill himself too, but it was almost worth it. Almost. But he just figured a silent shot in the back would show this guy how he "ruined everything."

IC(Mr. No-One): After the first shot, the spook's running path had started to weave back and forth, zig-zagging to avoid any ranged attack that might be thrown his way again. As a result, when the second shot came for him, he was a couple of feet to the right of where Nihilo had been aiming, and the antimatter just took out some more concrete."You missed your chance! Can't very well make a sneak-attack after you've screamed your head off, can you?"

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC:Hivemind peeked out from behind the mailbox. It looked like Newspaper Man had spotted her and was going over to investigate, but Nihilo had managed to keep him suitably distracted by trying to murder him. Somehow Hivemind doubted Nihilo had intended that to be a distraction, but she'd take whatever breaks she could get."I mean, just look at this. That right there?" she said to Danielle, motioning towards the two fighting nearby. "That's what you were just about to run into. We gotta get you outta here, like, now."[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC (Nihilo) : "humph. Gonna make me hit concrete? Fine! I'll hit concrete!" With this, Nihilo flew in front of the man, and quickly carved as deep and as wide a ravine he could in his weakened state, which was becoming less weak all the time, thanks to the fear and anger flying from almost everywhere.

OOC: Should be noted that "Newspaper Man" is still moving toward the mailbox, seeing as it's really completely impossible for him to actually fight Nihilo - he's just not running in a straight line, because he isn't keen on dying.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: A small ravine? My impression was more of a neat hole in the ground, maybe about three feet around.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Right. What, then, are the exact dimensions of said ravine? How wide, how long, how deep?

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: I left it kinda ambiguous on purpose, but deep and wide enough that Nihilo thought it should impede Mr. No-One's progress to some degree. And he probably didn't stretch it sidewalk to sidewalk, but enough that he couldn't just step around it.So reasonably sized?

IC(Mr. No-One): Seeing the crevasse in front of him, the spook straightened his path, and, as he reached the edge of the crevasse, he jumped, hoping desperately that his speed would be enough to carry him across the obstruction.It was a near miss. The agent's feet scraped against the edge of the gap, causing him to stumble onto the sidewalk on the far side of the crevasse, breaking his nose as he fell.Slower than before, the agent pulled himself back to his feet, and, blood streaming down his face, continued towards the mailbox, resuming his zig-zag pattern to avoid further attacks from Nihilo.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC (Nihilo): Seeing how it has such a pleasing effect on the guy, he decided to continue making ravines, spacing them erratically. They weren't as long though, but it should at least slow him down long enough that the others could get over to his general area and get that blasted girl.She probably has a useless power to top it all off. Nihilo thought.

IC(Mr. No-One): The smaller ravines were less difficult to jump, and given how much the distance between him and the mailbox had been shortened already, there were only two more between the spook and the box. Leaping over the final crevasse between himself and the box, Mr. No-One dashed the last few yards to the box and put it between himself and Nihilo.Looking at the two people hiding behind the box, the bloodied, ragged agent spoke."I was assigned to this security detail for a very good reason, and if anyone is going to be leaving here with the President's child under their care, it's going to be someone who actually works for the United States government."The spook knew there was some risk of this one using her powers against him, but he kind of doubted that the child would continue following the person who had morphed into a swarm of bees and stung someone to death, so it was a risk reasonably worth taking.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC:Hivemind glanced up at the agent. Well, this would certainly make things a little more difficult. She could still work this out, come up with something. She just needed a few seconds to bluff. She subtly - for about as subtle as Hivemind ever did anything - positioned herself a little closer to Danielle, as if to discourage any shots from being fired."Why... I... I couldn't agree more! Just trying to get the gal to safety, right?" she said. "Feel free to lead the way... provided you've got a plan for getting out of here. You've got one of those, right?"Alright, the guy almost certainly knew she wasn't just a random bystander, so it wasn't exactly a good bluff. Hivemind was just playing the hand she was dealt.[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC(Mr. No-One): The CIA agent paused for a couple of seconds."Fine. You cooperate, help keep them off of us, your contributions will be noted in the final report. You try anything funny, though, and you'll get your just reward. Now, do you have any form of communications device on you? Radio, phone, anything like that?"

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC:Well, yes, Hivemind did have a communications device: more specifically, a Coalition comm tucked safely away in Beespace for when she needed it. Of course, pulling something like that out would be bound to blow her already-flimsy cover. She quickly thought up an excuse that made at least a little sense towards the civilian she was apparently pretending to be."Oh... uh... no way, dude. You've gotta stay off the grid, otherwise that's how The Man gets you," she said. "Oh... sorry, guess you kinda are 'The Man'..."Come on, just keep the guy busy a few more moments. Then someone can get the drop on the agent, or scoop up the girl. Someone like Typhoon, or Negafire, or... actually, probably just Typhoon. Hivemind was pretty sure he was the only person on the team who could carry the girl without accidentally killing her. Well, maybe Aquarius could, but he was probably a little busy bleeding to death or something like that to be of any help. Regardless, she just needed to stall a little longer...[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC(Mr. No-One): "Right, okay, you're a crazy person. Now that that's been established, go... Go write a blog about how the government is evil or something. Sane people have jobs to do."Really? Really? The human swarm of bees' cover was as a crazy person? Maybe these were unemployed supervillains. He didn't envy the windy-guy's blood pressure at all, but at least bee-girl had given him a pretty solid excuse for getting rid of her - conspiracy-nuts could be kicked out of a group containing the President's kid without too much bother.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC:"Well... technicallyblogsarejustatoolcreatedbythenewworldordertousherintheglobalsingularityyouvebeenworkingonfordecadesinareafiftyoneusingplansretrievedfromthemothman, but you'd know all that, of course," Hivemind said quickly, pausing to take a very deep breath. "But it seems to me that now really isn't a time when you can pick and choose your allies, is it? Unless you think it's wise charging through what's practically a warzone with a child in tow all by your lonesome."[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC(Mr. No-One): "Okay, you know what, fine. We're moving to the school building - closest thing we've got that isn't in the open, and we'll be more secure there than out here. After that it's a matter of waiting until the League shows up. Ready?"OOC: Hmm... Who was it that was controlling the President's danger-magnet, again?

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: That'd be Kumata.IC:Hivemind considered a response along the lines of "Okay, yes, we'll just be going to the school then, I sure hope no nasty supervillains hear us talking about how we're going to the school!", but figured it might be a little too obvious. Probably best to stick with her usual plan: be as generally unhelpful as humanly possible."Oh sure, let's just move the target of a supervillian attack into a building full of innocent children, can't see that ending badly!" Hivemind said. "Hint: these guys attacked her outside of her school. I think that's gonna be the first place they look when she goes missing!"[For Science!]

and that is beautiful.

and that is beautiful.

IC(Mr. No-One): "Yeah, and this is also the school the President's kid goes to. It's the most secure place in the immediate area, and there are enough security measures in place to prevent unnecessary civilians deaths. Unless, of course, this is a magic mailbox."

We will remember

We all shall follow doom