Bionicle Characters With Asperger Syndrome

1. Universal statements are impossible. Have you checked everyone in the universe to see if they have autism? No.

Isn't that a universal statement? Have you checked every universal statement in the universe to see if they are impossible? :PSorry, couldn't resist.~B~
You got me there. :P

fmstaticbanner1.jpg

Whilst I've never purposefully labelled any characters from the Bionicle series as having a case of Asperger's Syndrome (Mainly because I don't know enough about the specific symptoms to be bothered to apply them to anyone), I think that of all the characters, Kapura shows the most likelihood of having this, were he a human being. My reasoning for this is that when all other villagers in Ta-Koro continue going about their daily business, Kapura proceeds to go into the charred forest and practise his own technique of moving slowly to achieve whatever it was he intended. That kind of forced isolation and rather strange way of communicating just suggests to me that he's not all there.

Out of interest, was a reason ever given for why Kapura went out there alone and apparently unarmed? He was taking quite a risk in doing so.I do agree with you that he fits the specifications. Vakama describes him (IIRC) as 'slow and strange' even to Takua, who is something of an outsider himself.

Out of interest, was a reason ever given for why Kapura went out there alone and apparently unarmed? He was taking quite a risk in doing so.

Other than "he was practicing", I don't think so. At least, not why he couldn't practice behind the safety of Ta-Koro's walls. Maybe it was quieter there.But probably he didn't fear that Rahi could sneak up on and trap him; he could get away if need be.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

But probably he didn't fear that Rahi could sneak up on and trap him; he could get away if need be.

How? Rahi already have a speed advantage over Matoran due to their greater size, and Kapura (prior to developing his travel trick) is particularly slow.
I think he's saying that Kapura had the trick before going out to practice outside the walls, and could use it get away. He was refining it outside where it was quieter. I thought Kapura was practicing outside the walls because the Ta-Matoran were intolerant of his practicing. The Ta-Matoran seemed mighty intolerant of Takua, who was different, so I extended it to him. Another explanation is that Kapura's power is blocked by walls (move fast by moving slow, but movement still doesn't go thorough walls), so he was outside to allow him greater use of his power.

I meant either that, or just... run like the wind! :PKapura was practicing being slow. That doesn't mean he can't run if he needs to, fight, etc. If you need to practice being slow, doesn't that imply you're not normally slow?And really he was right outside the castle's front gate, plus there's plenty of other times in the canon when Matoran are depicted going out beyond their Koro walls. Besides, the main purpose of the Rahi was to keep the Matoran unstable and hunkered down on the island rather than feeling confident to go exploring and re-enter Metru Nui. If Makuta really wanted to take them all down and infect them all he probably could have, but that wasn't his goal.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

There is sound logic behind psychoanalysing characters in fiction, after all the writers are humans too and can write such characters while leaving it to the audience to speculate on (Sherlock Holmes for example is heavily suspected to have Asperger's Syndrome as well). For Bionicle I would not put it out of the realm of possibility.Be warned though that Asperger's Syndrome is highly varied in terms of symptoms, you can have two aspies with completely different symptoms on the "Aspie symptom list". Or have varying degrees of various combinations of symptoms. So you would have to do a lot of comparing if you want to get a more definitive answer, though speculations and conjectures are always fun.@ Master Inika: I am an aspie too, nice to see another one on the forum.

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

• 2 weeks later...

Any Ko-character. Especially Nuju.They're bright, have specific interests, and have poor social skills.Actually, Nuju might have some kind of personality disorder... I mean, the guy talks in bird speak....

That's to pay homage to his mentor, Kualus(I think that's how it's spelled) from his days as a hordika. Nuju wanted a way to remember him, so he adopted the rahaga's way of speaking and turned it into his language.

Any Ko-character. Especially Nuju.They're bright, have specific interests, and have poor social skills.Actually, Nuju might have some kind of personality disorder... I mean, the guy talks in bird speak....

Ko-Matoran do not have poor social skills. They just don't choose to be overly chatty. There's more to "social skills" than being a vociferous chatterbox. Sometimes it is better to just listen to people when they talk instead of always trying to get your thoughts across without considering what the other person thinks.That consideration and listening without talking is not a "mental disorder" or a "AI-glitch". For one thing, that quality is innate to all Ko-Matoran, so I think the quality was planned in by the GBs or at least the proclivities for it.And Nuju chose to speak bird as a reminder to the Turaga about the dangers of arrogance, not out of a mental disorder. He spoke Matoran as a Toa Metru before his experiances convinced him to speak bird, and after Matoro (his translator) died, he returned to speaking Matoran.
Amen brother!

I'm an aspie, so using myself as a template, probably Velika, Kopaka, Teridax, Chirox, and Mutran.

I'm curious now, what would make you think Teridax is? I'm not disagreeing or anything, I just want to know how.
obsessed with secrecy, riddles, confusion, and power. Edited by James William
Intentional double post merged, please do not post without any replies separating your posts.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say Tahu Mata. When I first read Tale of the Toa, I sorta figured Tahu was just a bossy guy who liked to kill bad guys. (I didn't know at the time that Toa didn't kill) His social skills were limited to bossing Toa around. This was based on a long time ago thought. Over time, I realized that Tahu was much more than that.( So don't get a mad at a thought I had as a 5-year old.)

The_Brotherhood_of_Makuta_by_Arzeron.jpg

Comply. Create. Consume.

Seems like Taipu could fit the profile, given his social characteristics. Quiet, but intelligent, youthful. I think Takua also kind of seems that way too.

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

Seems like Taipu could fit the profile, given his social characteristics. Quiet, but intelligent, youthful. I think Takua also kind of seems that way too.
Takua would seem that way, but the Time Slip happened, and well, the rest is history. Takua never felt that he fit in amongst the other matoran. Not to trod upon your opinion, but I was just itching to do it. Kind of a primal urge thing.

The_Brotherhood_of_Makuta_by_Arzeron.jpg

Comply. Create. Consume.

Takua would seem that way, but the Time Slip happened, and well, the rest is history. Takua never felt that he fit in amongst the other matoran. Not to trod upon your opinion, but I was just itching to do it. Kind of a primal urge thing.
True. There was that whole amnesia thing...

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012