Bionicle Characters With Asperger Syndrome

Okay, I know it's a long shot that AS or anything like it could exist in BIONICLE. But it's possible there's some sort of AS-like glitch, like how Vakama got his visions.For those who don't know, Asperger Syndrome is a mental abnormality. It's defining traits are:1. Restricted social skills.2. Very strong, specific interests.I think that Taipu could be an Aspie. He's been called "not the brightest," but that's common among Aspies because our (I'm an Aspie) intelligence lies in a very specific thing. Taipu likes mining. Loves it, really. He's also shown to be pretty naive, and oblivious to how Onepu kind of manipulates him.Kopeke, too. He's shy and good with ice sculpting.So who do you think is a BIONICLE Aspie?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Maybe Kopaka.

I disagree with that. Kopaka has social skills, he just chooses not to use them. I don't think that any of the Bionicle characters has the social skill restrictions, except maybe Kopeke. The very strong specific interest thing could apply to a lot of Matoran, but not the other thing. So, if Kopeke were to travel to our universe, he would be diagnosed with a mental disorder. Cheer-happy thought.

Any Ko-character. Especially Nuju.They're bright, have specific interests, and have poor social skills.Actually, Nuju might have some kind of personality disorder... I mean, the guy talks in bird speak....

Edited by alpha123

If the Kanohi masks are a type of technology and most of the MU citizens are Biomechanical beings then how would a Kanohi mask recognize the difference between a Matoran and a Toa?

Muffin button

Any Ko-character. Especially Nuju.They're bright, have specific interests, and have poor social skills.Actually, Nuju might have some kind of personality disorder... I mean, the guy talks in bird speak....

Ko-Matoran do not have poor social skills. They just don't choose to be overly chatty. There's more to "social skills" than being a vociferous chatterbox. Sometimes it is better to just listen to people when they talk instead of always trying to get your thoughts across without considering what the other person thinks. That consideration and listening without talking is not a "mental disorder" or a "AI-glitch". For one thing, that quality is innate to all Ko-Matoran, so I think the quality was planned in by the GBs or at least the proclivities for it. And Nuju chose to speak bird as a reminder to the Turaga about the dangers of arrogance, not out of a mental disorder. He spoke Matoran as a Toa Metru before his experiances convinced him to speak bird, and after Matoro (his translator) died, he returned to speaking Matoran.

Depends on how similar you consider similar enough.The dictionary.com definition of AS is:

a developmental disorder characterized by severely impaired social skills, repetitive behaviors, and often, a narrow set of interests, but not involving delayed development of linguistic and cognitive abilities: now considered one of the autism spectrum disorders.

Ko characters for example would not in general qualify as this. They don't have severely impaired social skills, they just prefer quiet due to their elemental personality type. They don't have narrow interests and especially not repetitive behaviors compared to anybody else.But if being less social than others is similar enough, then yes.Anyways, there probably are equivalents somewhere in the Bionicle realms of most common real-world psychological conditions.Actually, IMO the "narrow interests" part might describe how Matoran were originally intended to be, in a sense. They were just supposed to be the maintenance workers. It was a glitch that expanded their interests. So maybe there would be a lot of people who were still more like how they were originally, just interested in keeping things working rather than culture embellishments. Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

No BIONICLE aspies come immediately to mind (although, Taipu maybe) for me.I don't think we can really try to 'diagnose' BIONICLE characters with things like Aspergers Syndrome. If you wanted to choose specific symptoms (like the social skills for Ko-Matoran), you could say Takua had ADHD (unable to stay in one place for extended amounts of time, constantly moving around). But, the fact is, chances are that they were not created with these conditions in mind, there are just a few similarities.Of course, this is all my opinion. :)

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

I, personally, don't really get why I should try to classify some characters normal, and some not. So what if ko-matoran prefer to not ramble? It's the same natural personalty that most of them seem to have, Just like most onu-matoran prefer living underground. Does that make all or any of the onu-matoran crazy, mentality impared, and/or different than other matoran? No! That's just a natural, group decision they (almost) all like, thus making it normal for them. There exceptions to this, like midak for example, But most of the onu-matoran like living underground, and most of the ko-matoran don't like being talkative; thats why those those traits are considered normal to them, so defining it from their point of view of different would be better to see who is different from the regularity.and another thing for me to rant about, as discussed before in this topic, is that matoran don't have that many distractions or other things to do than working maintaining the MU's systems, or on mata nui island, surviving and fending off rahi,waiting for the toa to come. so usualy almost all matoran would have a narrow set of interests, if it weren't for the glitch of sentience. and after that, even, on metru nui for example, alot of the lifestyle seemed to be focused on work.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

you could say Takua had ADHD (unable to stay in one place for extended amounts of time, constantly moving around)

Well, on mata and metru nui, takua didn't really fit in because he was an Av-matoran, so thats why he explored mata nui so much. andhe was the first matoran, so maybe that had somehing to do with it. and on mata nui, he did get banished from ta-koro, so thats why he traveled so much in mnolg and quest for the toa.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

I'm an aspie, so using myself as a template, probably Velika, Kopaka, Teridax, Chirox, and Mutran.

I'm curious now, what would make you think Teridax is? I'm not disagreeing or anything, I just want to know how.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

I'm an aspie, so using myself as a template, probably Velika, Kopaka, Teridax, Chirox, and Mutran.

I'm curious now, what would make you think Teridax is? I'm not disagreeing or anything, I just want to know how.
I'd say Terry is just insane. Velika, though, could be.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Oh, how did I forget Velika.@fischers64: For goodness sake, you don't need to dissect everything I say. The Nuju comment was mostly meant in jest.I do tend to view Ko-Matoran as having poor social skills however. Not simply because they're quiet; I'm pretty quiet and I have fine social skills. More, the Ko-Matoran sometimes tend to be rather unfriendly. Play MNOG II and pay attention to the Ko-Matoran dialogue. And then we have special Ko-Matoran like Kopeke and Kantai, who clearly have worse social skills than most. No other elements were shown to have anyone like that (unless I'm forgetting someone, which I feel like I am).

If the Kanohi masks are a type of technology and most of the MU citizens are Biomechanical beings then how would a Kanohi mask recognize the difference between a Matoran and a Toa?

Muffin button

@fischers64: For goodness sake, you don't need to dissect everything I say. The Nuju comment was mostly meant in jest.I do tend to view Ko-Matoran as having poor social skills however. Not simply because they're quiet; I'm pretty quiet and I have fine social skills. More, the Ko-Matoran sometimes tend to be rather unfriendly. Play MNOG II and pay attention to the Ko-Matoran dialogue. And then we have special Ko-Matoran like Kopeke and Kantai, who clearly have worse social skills than most.

Alpha, this is a discussion forum. We post here to encourage discussion, including dissecting each other's reasoning if that's what we feel like doing, as long as we're respectful. :) That is not an attack, rather it is part of interesting and fun conversation, and should be welcomed by all here. :) (And understanding that well is a part of those social skills you mentioned. :P) Please keep in mind part of rule #3 of S&T:

By the same token, please do not act offended if someone expressed disagreement with you, and do not claim that they have no right to do so.

OT: How do you define social skills, then? The thing is, Ko-Matoran have their own culture, in which a silent answer is perfectly normal. My interpretation of them has always been that they do not struggle to communicate, rather they believe that most people waste words and chatter just to fill the air with vibrations most of the time. In fanfics I often portray them thinking to themselves, "do I really need to say more to get across my meaning? ... No, the listener gets it if they're paying attention." That can actually require more skill to pull off, learning how to use brevity effectively (I can attest to that personally :P). Just chattering on and on can be the easy thing to do.I agree that Velika is a good example... although I am still hoping the reason for his odd personality is that he's the GB in disguise. :P Not sure why Chirox would be picked. And Mutran is a confusing case, because he's said to be insane, but personally he never really struck me as significantly different from the average Makuta personality.Teridax I'd say is a definite no, at least for AS-like condition, because he's a master at "the social game" similar to an expert politician. Narrow interest, sure, though, but I tend to think being obsessed with evil conquering plots is a very different condition from things like AS. :P Maybe that's just me. :lol: Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Piruk showed the repetitive behaviours I've often seen in kids with autism. Not sure about interests, though...Then there's Kapura, who was regarded as "slow" (implied to be both physically and mentally) by the other Matoran, but wasn't really stupid- he just had an odd way of expressing himself.And I was thinking perhaps Zane from Ninjago, but it turns out he was just a robot...

• Upvote 1

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

Since we're talking Karda Nui Makuta, it has occurred to me that Vamprah might definitely fit the AS personality.

I do tend to view Ko-Matoran as having poor social skills however. Not simply because they're quiet; I'm pretty quiet and I have fine social skills. More, the Ko-Matoran sometimes tend to be rather unfriendly. Play MNOG II and pay attention to the Ko-Matoran dialogue. And then we have special Ko-Matoran like Kopeke and Kantai, who clearly have worse social skills than most. No other elements were shown to have anyone like that (unless I'm forgetting someone, which I feel like I am).

The thing is, Ko-characters can talk and interact with other people. It's possible; Nuju, Kopaka, and MNOG II Matoran portrayals are proof enough. Rudeness because of arrogance or a skewed moral compass is different than not having the mental facility to communicate, or limited mental facilities in that regard. Being unfriendly and rude does not mean you can't communicate and have a mental disorder. It just means you're unfriendly and rude. On that note, I will agree that Teridax is not AS. Neither would Chirox fit - he seemed to enjoy competing with and one-upping Mutran. Mutran doesn't really fit either, because he was off one-upping Chirox and dealing with Teridax.

Fishers, are you saying that Ko-Matoran are being rude or unfriendly because they are naturally quiet? I hope not, because that would fail to see that they simply represent one of many valid personality types. To me, being rude is more about what is said, with a bad attitude, whatever, whereas being quiet can be more polite. :shrugs:Lemme say it a different way. Rude would be if they kept quiet specifically to upset people. But I think they keep quiet because they love quiet. :) They don't want anyone to get upset about it, but if someone does, they simply see that as that person's problem.

Edited by bonesiii

Aside from Kopeke (and possibly Kantai), I don't think any Ko-Matoran are Aspies. They're like Dr. House. They know how social skills work, they just don't care.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

OT: How do you define social skills, then? The thing is, Ko-Matoran have their own culture, in which a silent answer is perfectly normal. My interpretation of them has always been that they do not struggle to communicate, rather they believe that most people waste words and chatter just to fill the air with vibrations most of the time.

Ko-Matoran culture is certainly different from the rest of the Matoran, which I think is evidence for my idea. Their culture is brief because they generally don't like to communicate much.

And Mutran is a confusing case, because he's said to be insane, but personally he never really struck me as significantly different from the average Makuta personality.

They're all insane. :PI dunno, Mutran certainly has very narrow interests, but his social skills certainly don't seem below the average Makuta's.

Since we're talking Karda Nui Makuta, it has occurred to me that Vamprah might definitely fit the AS personality.

Hmm, I hadn't thought of him. I'd group him with Nuju -- neither of them like to communicate the normal way, but aren't necessarily below their species' average social skills in general.Vamprah was shown to communicate telepathically reasonably often, right? He was shown to talk to Gavla and Gorast, and I think it would be safe to assume he "talks" telepathically regularly. Kind of like Nuju speaks, but only in birdspeak.

The thing is, Ko-characters can talk and interact with other people. It's possible; Nuju, Kopaka, and MNOG II Matoran portrayals are proof enough. Rudeness because of arrogance or a skewed moral compass is different than not having the mental facility to communicate, or limited mental facilities in that regard. Being unfriendly and rude does not mean you can't communicate and have a mental disorder. It just means you're unfriendly and rude.

I'd say they're brief to the point of rudeness because they find expressing themselves unpleasant and avoid social interaction in general. Look at Ko-Metru. There sure wasn't a lot of social interaction there, and they seemed to much prefer it that way.

Muffin button

Fishers, are you saying that Ko-Matoran are being rude or unfriendly because they are naturally quiet? I hope not, because that would fail to see that they simply represent one of many valid personality types. To me, being rude is more about what is said, with a bad attitude, whatever, whereas being quiet can be more polite. :shrugs:Lemme say it a different way. Rude would be if they kept quiet specifically to upset people. But I think they keep quiet because they love quiet. :) They don't want anyone to get upset about it, but if someone does, they simply see that as that person's problem.

I was responding to alpha123's point that Ko-Matoran were unfriendly. He used MNOG II Ko-Matoran as an example, which I didn't argue with because I vaguely remember instances of MNOG Ko-Matoran being less than friendly in there. My point was that, even if Ko-Matoran were rude, they don't have a mental disorder that means that they can't communicate. Ko-characters in general have struck me as the "I'm more intelligent than you, so why should I waste my breath on you?" types. Of course, the primary reason they think they are more intelligent is because they don't chatter on and on like other Matoran. This arrogance also leads to "I can do it all myself so just go away and stop filling the air with words so I can focus." But maybe that's just Kopaka's shadow there. :) (There was some dealing with that in some story in Tales of the Masks, I think, the one with Pohatu and Kopaka in the caves...)The notable exception to that was Matoro, and I think his lack of that characteristic arrogance had an impact on Nuju near the end - revealing that while Nuju was speaking bird to try to remind the Turaga about arrogance he was being arrogant himself by thinking he knew all better than they did. I'm getting off topic and reading too much into this. But it would not be rude because they are quiet, if they are rude, rather the reasons why they are quiet would make them rude, which come out the few times when they open their mouths.

Well now I'm gonna have to re-read the old books lol. :P If I somehow find time. But yeah, you're probably right that that is true of some. My point is just that I don't think rudeness is an inherent Ko-Matoran trait. You can find some rude Ko-Matoran like you can of any elemental type, and you can find others who are not rude, but also prefer quiet. And yeah we're getting tangential -- I see what you meant originally, so thanks for clarifying. :)But just to give an example, I don't think Kopeke for example intends to be rude. And I agree Matoro doesn't either (he's talkative for a Ko-Matoran though, so yeah). But OT: I agree none of them seem to fit AS. Maybe more similar than others though. We're all right in some senses lol.

I don't think you could classify the repeative behavior of Bionicle characters as a mental condition. They were generally programmed to do a single job (esp. Matoran) and with their extremely long lifespans they are bound to get stuck in a rut a least once if not many times. Thus causing them to be even more repetitive. And some characters could just be workaholics.Ko-Matoran and other such asocial characters choose to be that way. Or at least that is how I see it.And there is a huge difference between mental conditions and choosing to be quiet. Being quiet can just be part of a person or characters personality.

Well now I'm gonna have to re-read the old books lol. :P If I somehow find time. But yeah, you're probably right that that is true of some. My point is just that I don't think rudeness is an inherent Ko-Matoran trait. You can find some rude Ko-Matoran like you can of any elemental type, and you can find others who are not rude, but also prefer quiet. And yeah we're getting tangential -- I see what you meant originally, so thanks for clarifying. :)But just to give an example, I don't think Kopeke for example intends to be rude. And I agree Matoro doesn't either (he's talkative for a Ko-Matoran though, so yeah). But OT: I agree none of them seem to fit AS. Maybe more similar than others though. We're all right in some senses lol.

I always thought that Ko-Matoran seemed rude to other matoran due to their "coldness" (all puns aside) and their short temper (usually) when dealing with others.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

Projecting a human mental disorder onto biomechanical characters seems...ridiculous. Or at the very least, a stretch. And like any serious disorder, having one or two symptoms is generally not enough to make a sound diagnosis. Some Bionicle characters may have cognitive thinking or behavioral traits considered abnormal in humans, but humans aren't biomechanical to begin with. So why attempt to force a comparison? That in mind, I don't believe any Bionicle character encountered thus far could be considered to have Asperger syndrome or any autism spectrum disorder for that matter.-Ced

Paragon and Cederak, I don't think he's saying they actually have AS, since that's a real-world human thing and they're anything but real-world, but asking whose personalities are similar to it. :)For example, I agree repetitive actions aren't a disorder, if anything, technically anything else is the disorder since they arose by glitch, but it's still similar to AS. :) And mental "condition" is a more neutral term that could apply to any mental state anyways. :P

Edited by bonesiii

Paragon and Cederak, I don't think he's saying they actually have AS, since that's a real-world human thing and they're anything but real-world, but asking whose personalities are similar to it. :)For example, I agree repetitive actions aren't a disorder, if anything, technically anything else is the disorder since they arose by glitch, but it's still similar to AS. :) And mental "condition" is a more neutral term that could apply to any mental state anyways. :P

Even on a similarity basis then, I would have to say no. And Asperger's, labeled a syndrome by name, isn't even a neutral "condition." It's an intrinsic abnormality that is even referred to as a disorder by the DSM-IV. I recognize there are no universally agreed upon definitions of mental health, but their system is one of the more widely used examples. I understand how "condition," while sounding vaguer, may be considered softer wording, but I mean no harm by using a textbook term like disorder. Back on topic, I think it was interesting that you mentioned anything non-repetitive in the MU as a glitch, which almost leads me to believe it is those characters we should be examining more closely. Renegades like the Dark Hunters would epitomize that. :P -Ced

I understand how "condition," while sounding vaguer, may be considered softer wording, but I mean no harm by using a textbook term like disorder.

I was basically just nitpicking there. :P Although I do have the theory that most mental conditions produce equal intelligence total, basically my allocation theory. For example, focus on a narrow interest can cause a person to be better at that interest than most others. It's possible that many things have been labelled disorders merely because the people making those judgments are assuming their own "normal" brain is the only healthy type. Buuuut admittedly that logic seems to break down in cases of apparent genetic or physical damage, so yeah, mostly a nitpick. :P

Back on topic, I think it was interesting that you mentioned anything non-repetitive in the MU as a glitch, which almost leads me to believe it is those characters we should be examining more closely. Renegades like the Dark Hunters would epitomize that.

I suppose so. :P But I just meant like normal Matoran culture, to be clear. Performing sports, or art, or music or whatever. None of that was intended by the GBs, although with Angonce's reaction it seems likely most would love to know it happened, rather than seeing it as bad. But yeah, probably the same glitch that enabled those things enabled villainry like the DH.

Projecting a human mental disorder onto biomechanical characters seems...ridiculous. Or at the very least, a stretch. And like any serious disorder, having one or two symptoms is generally not enough to make a sound diagnosis. Some Bionicle characters may have cognitive thinking or behavioral traits considered abnormal in humans, but humans aren't biomechanical to begin with. So why attempt to force a comparison?

Yeah, I'd have to agree with you. This topic seems one of the more ridiculous cases of wild mass guessing that I've seen in S&T.~B~

Perhaps the Piraka, at least, temporarily? :???:

Aspergers is not temporary. And they weren't aspies. They were insane.Also, autism is present in eveyone, it's just more prominent in some people.Meanwhile, I think that Vakama might have had Aspergers. He didn't like being a Toa, and that might have been due to the change that he experienced and not just the sudden responsibilities. He also idolised Lhikan, but so did everyone. He also stayed in his shell and continued mask making, even as a Toa. It took him a long time to come out of his shell (Relatively. You know, since they were only Toa for about a couple of weeks at most.) He also honed his skills on one thing, which was mask making. As Dume/Makuta said in the film; he was the best mask maker on Metru Nui. They usually mention Matoran's friends, but I don't think they mentioned any of Vakama's friends.Kopaka can be related to by lots of autistic people, he just might not be autistic.

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

to catch them is my real test

to train them is my cause

Whilst I've never purposefully labelled any characters from the Bionicle series as having a case of Asperger's Syndrome (Mainly because I don't know enough about the specific symptoms to be bothered to apply them to anyone), I think that of all the characters, Kapura shows the most likelihood of having this, were he a human being. My reasoning for this is that when all other villagers in Ta-Koro continue going about their daily business, Kapura proceeds to go into the charred forest and practise his own technique of moving slowly to achieve whatever it was he intended. That kind of forced isolation and rather strange way of communicating just suggests to me that he's not all there.^Wuh oh, I'm still in essay mode...

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

Aspergers is not temporary. And they weren't aspies. They were insane.Also, autism is present in eveyone, it's just more prominent in some people.Meanwhile, I think that Vakama might have had Aspergers. He didn't like being a Toa, and that might have been due to the change that he experienced and not just the sudden responsibilities. He also idolised Lhikan, but so did everyone. He also stayed in his shell and continued mask making, even as a Toa. It took him a long time to come out of his shell (Relatively. You know, since they were only Toa for about a couple of weeks at most.) He also honed his skills on one thing, which was mask making. As Dume/Makuta said in the film; he was the best mask maker on Metru Nui. They usually mention Matoran's friends, but I don't think they mentioned any of Vakama's friends.Kopaka can be related to by lots of autistic people, he just might not be autistic.
So? mask making was his job, but as a toa it was a hobby to keep his mind from all the pressure tha wason him. (like what all entertainment does)He honed his skills on maskmaking because that was his job.He didn't exactly "idolize" Lhikan; it was more of a respect for him.Just because it mentions no friends doesn't mean he has none. Edited by Hippopotomonstrosesquipeda

So? mask making was his job, but as a toa it was a hobby to keep his mind from all the pressure tha wason him. (like what all entertainment does)He honed his skills on maskmaking because that was his job.He didn't exactly "idolize" Lhikan; it was more of a respect for him.Just because it mentions no friends doesn't mean he has none.
Yeah, I have to agree with you. Even with Vakama being a finer mask maker than most (surpassing his mentor Nuhrii in time), that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Hewkii excelled at Kolhii, but no one has suggested he has Asperger's because of it. Plus, many Matoran liked Toa Lhikan. He was a heroic figure that I'm sure many Ta-Matoran admired. And Vakama had friends as a Matoran. Even his BS01 page mentions his friendship with Jaller.-Ced

Also, autism is present in eveyone, it's just more prominent in some people.

Okay, as for my post above, you have a point there. :PBut, the statement that everyone has autism is incorrect.1. Universal statements are impossible. Have you checked everyone in the universe to see if they have autism? No.2. Autism is a genetic mutation. Not everyone in the world has this genetic mutation. I read a billboard that said one in every 200 do, but I've only seen two or three myself.If you can prove me wrong about the Piraka (hey, it was a pretty stupid statement on my part), I won't retaliate against other corrections, unless I know for a fact that it is wrong.Please don't take this as offensive, but I really don't like wrong facts about real-world stuff being posted.

fmstaticbanner1.jpg

1. Universal statements are impossible. Have you checked everyone in the universe to see if they have autism? No.

Isn't that a universal statement? Have you checked every universal statement in the universe to see if they are impossible? :PSorry, couldn't resist.~B~

It is impossible for every single person in the world to have autism - your point is incorrect. As it was said before, autism is a genetic mutation, and the chances of everybody having that specific genetic mutation aren't exactly favorable.I see it as plausible as some characters having AS, and I see Taipu being a likely candidate for that. I see that Ko-Matoran could have it, but I see that it's just in their personality to not socialize as much as others.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

It is impossible for every single person in the world to have autism - your point is incorrect. As it was said before, autism is a genetic mutation, and the chances of everybody having that specific genetic mutation aren't exactly favorable.I see it as plausible as some characters having AS, and I see Taipu being a likely candidate for that. I see that Ko-Matoran could have it, but I see that it's just in their personality to not socialize as much as others.
I'm a diagnosed Aspie, and I'm only quiet to people I don't know or don't like. I think it's kind of a stereotype that all Aspies are emotionless to everyone. Around my friends, I act a lot more like Taipu.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg