The Legend Of Zelda

PowerMiner

I had a quick glance at the plot, to make sure it wasn't that debunked rumour that surfaced a few days ago. Honestly, they aren't really much in the way of spoilers. Unless you find 'Link goes to X in order to find Y by using Z' spoilers.

Sounds like spoilers to me... :lol:Oh, and why, oh why, did I choose to quote this? I was able to resist the urge to click the little spoiler box, but I just had to go ruin it...Don't worry (in the case that you do :P), this is totally my fault. Now excuse me while I go and smash my head against that wall in attempt to forget what I just learned.

Lacertus

I had a quick glance at the plot, to make sure it wasn't that debunked rumour that surfaced a few days ago. Honestly, they aren't really much in the way of spoilers. Unless you find 'Link goes to X in order to find Y by using Z' spoilers.

Sounds like spoilers to me... :lol:Oh, and why, oh why, did I choose to quote this? I was able to resist the urge to click the little spoiler box, but I just had to go ruin it...Don't worry (in the case that you do :P), this is totally my fault. Now excuse me while I go and smash my head against that wall in attempt to forget what I just learned.
Well, if it puts your mind to rest, its only a small part.

um_banner.gif

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."

-Douglas Adams

Oh, good. It's only a gimmick. :P

Lacertus

Erm.. not exactly... you'll just have to wait and see :P

um_banner.gif

-Douglas Adams

Erm.. not exactly... you'll just have to wait and see :P
Please, say no more. I'd rather not know anymore than that.Anyway, I don't believe Nintendo does "gimmicks", especially with their big franchises.
Sure they do. Skyward Swords main gimmick is the motion based stuff, but every game has gimmicks. For example, suppose a game had a level with exploding fruit that could be used as rocket fuel, that would be the level's gimmick. It's not a bad thing.

um_banner.gif

-Douglas Adams

Argh... That's not quite what I meant... Try "gimmicks" in a more negative connotation. I understand that all games have 'em, but the way I've been saying the word up until now should have tipped you off that I wasn't being completely literal.Anyway, only ten more days left. Thank goodness I ordered it from Amazon, because I want to play it the same day it's released and they usually do a good job about that. Unlike a certain bookstore where I purchased a book that was released on Tuesday... But that's for another topic. :P

Lacertus

That 3DS isnt THAT great. I like my Flame red one the way it is :smeag: Although that gold on some of it looks pretty nice.... Not going to spoil the plot of the game. Why would I? :PMaybe when I end up beating Master Quest I should try a 3-heart run......I wonder if I will be able to play Skyward sword when I get it? -.- (Kind of a Have-to-pay-to-get-it-later thing with my parents)If only I couldnt resist getting Super Mario 3D Land.....~PowerMiner~

That 3DS... Is awesome. And luckily, the main feature seems to be the whole cover design. And to boot, my 3DS is the Cosmo Black version. Which means that with luck, I'd be able to emulate the design, without the actual bundle.(Because I already have both a 3DS and OoT. D=) Now I just need to figure out how that would work, especially with the cameras and the light for said cameras...

The anniversary soundtrack is just amazing. I got the bundle and am going to stay up all night playing Skyward Sword. :3~Det

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

*Phone with gamestop*"Hi, you're having a midnight release party for Skyward Sword?""Nah, with all the other releases the past few weeks, corporate didn't want to do another one."Curse you Skyrim! ...And MW3! And any other high-profile release in the past few weeks I'm missing!I wanted to play Skyward Sword tonight. :(Seriously, what company does a release party for Call Of Duty instead of Zelda? That's like snubbing Spielberg for Michael Bay.

baltimore_ravens.png

So, I need some advice from people who have played a bit of Skyward Sword.On the one hand, I have it and it's sitting on the table downstairs.On the other though, my Wii is hooked up to an ancient, 20", 4:3, standard resolution, CRT box of horror and sadness. And since I have Ocarina Of Tiem in a handheld now, I'm willing to spend a few hours sitting out in line to get a nice new $200 HDTV to replace it.I just keep feeling like with the time that's been taken in making this game, playing it on that archaic tiny little thing won't do the game justice. Am I right here, should I punch myself in the gut and wait a week?

baltimore_ravens.png

It can actually output in 480p and 16:9, you just need a different cable, as the one supplied can only go to 480i. And I'm less concerned about the HD factor as much as I am the fact that it's so small, it robs any grand sort of feeling from the experience, and the fact that even in the same resolution, CRTs are nowhere near as sharp as LCD.Not trying to deny your argument, I'm just trying to make sure every hole is filled, as I really want to play this game, but at the same time, depending on how much better the experience is, I'd rather wait for the better TV, so I want to go through every discrepancy with my decision.

Edited by Necro
baltimore_ravens.png

Well, I'm now the proud owner of the Limited Edition SS Package, and I'm beyond impressed. The orchestra CD is incredible, and the game itself is fantastic so far. The characters are engaging, the scenery enchanting, and the controls are nearly flawless. I've only just beaten the first dungeon and I think it's safe to say this game is easily the best Zelda since Wind Waker. If what I've heard about the quality improving as you progress through the game is true, it might just dethrone WW as my favorite LoZ adventure!

p

I tried somethng like that once, and ended up trying to play as far away from the television as possible.Although the awful glare from a nearby window might have had something to do with it as well... Regardless...Aaaah! My precious Wind Waker, usurped?! It can't be! Dare I say it, inconceivable! :lol:Actually, I'd love it if Skyward Sword was really that good. It feels like ages since I've had such a rewarding experince...

Lacertus

And once again, it looks like I'm going to have to wait x-amount of years in order to play SS, considering I don't have a Wii... :closedeyes:On the upside, though, it looks like I might be finally getting one for Christmas; though that's sort of a slight ordeal in and of itself, because if I get the Wii, then I have to share it with my parents who want to 'exercise' on it (I honestly don't believe that the Wii has anything 'healthy' or 'athletic' about it), plus the replay value (at least for me) on Twilight Princess is so high that I'll be torn between replaying that or playing Skyward Sword.Oh, decisions.

And once again, it looks like I'm going to have to wait x-amount of years in order to play SS, considering I don't have a Wii... :closedeyes:On the upside, though, it looks like I might be finally getting one for Christmas; though that's sort of a slight ordeal in and of itself, because if I get the Wii, then I have to share it with my parents who want to 'exercise' on it (I honestly don't believe that the Wii has anything 'healthy' or 'athletic' about it), plus the replay value (at least for me) on Twilight Princess is so high that I'll be torn between replaying that or playing Skyward Sword.Oh, decisions.

In my experience, parents SAY they'll do this, but end up stopping after a while.

um_banner.gif

-Douglas Adams

I too am banging my head on the wall waiting for Amazon to deliver Skyward Sword.It hasn't even shipped yet...I preordered the Golden Remote Bundle back in October, and the guy at Amazon who my mom called in a panic said it should get here by Wednesday. Lasership maybe?All I know is that if it doesn't come today or Wednesday, I am going to snap the neck of the UPS guy. :P

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm.