The Legend Of Zelda

PowerMiner

Also, just for kicks and giggles, anyone here beat the original game or II? :P

Both. Beat Zelda 1, quest 1 on a single life once and have beat quest 2 after a while. Zelda 2 is a bit too hard for my tastes but I beat it after ragequitting...several times in the past.CURSE YOU THUNDERBIRD. CURSE. YOU.

infinitybladebanner.png

The best iPhone game. Ever. Screw you Angry Birds.

Well, I just beat Lanayru Mining Factilty.

Interesting cutscene. The giant disc, or gate, as Impa calls it, is of course the circular pattern on the box art. Noting that the three pearls of the goddess from WW are on it, as well as some stuff that appears to be musical notes - possibly to be eventually played on my shiny new harp? I'm now fairly certain that the pearls will be the rewards from each Silent Realm, which will in turn be the challenges Impa mentioned the first time I met her. Though how this fits into the symbols on the disc, I've no idea whatsoever. And what will the next few dungeons be, given that I'm not hunting down Zelda anymore...? Looking forward to finding out.

:t::b::3:

Q2TtLEz.png

Very, very minor detail but I'll put it in tags just in case:

The pearls are not involved.

Well, I didn't really expect such an obvious tie to another game; I was just using "pearls" to refer to whatever the symbols are for.

:t: :b: :3:

In that case... you're

still wrong

Edited by hatok

um_banner.gif

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."

-Douglas Adams

Very, very minor detail but I'll put it in tags just in case:

The pearls are not involved.

Well, I didn't really expect such an obvious tie to another game; I was just using "pearls" to refer to whatever the symbols are for.

In that case... you're

still wrong

Well, there you go. I'm rather glad that this game is unpredictable.

Returned to Faron Woods after beating Lanayru.

This is pretty much exactly what happened:*Groose heads straight for temple*Hmm. I think I'll check out Sealed Grounds first to see if there's anything I can use my shiny new items on.*Heads for Sealed Grounds; starts running down spiral*This must be where that giant "whale" is locked up. That'd explain what happened when I first came here.*Sees air geysers. Remembers N3DS Conference gameplay video.*Holy...this is where that chase takes place, isn't it? How did I not realize that before?*Reaches bottom of spiral. Examines the stake.*There's those pearl symbols again...*Goes back to temple. Cutscene. Earthquake. Goes outside.*Oh yeah! Called it!

Also: I need one more monster horn to upgrade my shield. Anyone know where I can get one?:t::b::3:

Q2TtLEz.png

Once you get the whip(which is fairly soon, actually), you'll be able to snag Monster Horns from Bokoblins. I think I got lucky in my playthrough and managed to get a lot of them from chests, but of course it will be different for everyone, so you probably don't want to rely on those alone.Edit: Dangit, ninja'd.

Edited by Zakann The Diabolical

p

Thanks for the tips, guys. Actually, it turns out that I actually needed a monster claw to upgrade the shield, which I got from a Gossip Stone. But now I know where to get monster horns when I need them.Returned to Skyloft from Faron Woods.

I'm currently searching for a pinwheel thing to spin the second windmill around. I assume that's what I have to do, right? I'm pretty sure it's that thing in the annoying bird nest on top of that one building with the two propellers on it. DON'T tell me what to do; I want to figure it out on my own.

Also, the single most awesome thing in the game (you can do it as soon as you get a sword, but put in spoilers in case someone who hasn't done this yet wants to figure it out for themselves):

You can skewer pumpkins on your sword and swing it to throw them! Seriously, I could do that all day.

:t::b::3:

Q2TtLEz.png

Minor dungeon spoilers below. And some other things. (Like which dungeon it is)

Test... Currently in the 6th dungeon at Eldin Volcano.Unable to upgrade anything anymore except for the Beetle to get the Tough Beetle, and my Banded (Wooden) shield, and my Slingshot seed holder things. But those things are unneccessary...Does anyone know where to get a third Goddess Plume? I used one that I found in Lanayru desert to get my Bow upgraded to the sacred bow, the other to get the small quiver upgraded... I cant remember where I found the other one.What medals does everyone have?I have these:Cursed MedalHeart MedalHeart Medal that gives health not to find more health x2Treasure MedalBug MedalPotion MedalI think thats it.

~PowerMiner~

Edited by PowerMiner

I've been terribly busy recently, but I have found time to play skyward sword. Though I seem to spend more time exploring and doing side quests rather than the main plot :POut of curiosity, what do you guys think of skyward swords? How well does it rank against other zelda games. I'd say it's probably one of my favourite zelda games. My favourite is still wind waker, but I haven't beat SS yet, so you never know ;)

Majhost sucks

Test... Currently in the 6th dungeon at Eldin Volcano.Unable to upgrade anything anymore except for the Beetle to get the Tough Beetle, and my Banded (Wooden) shield, and my Slingshot seed holder things. But those things are unneccessary...Does anyone know where to get a third Goddess Plume? I used one that I found in Lanayru desert to get my Bow upgraded to the sacred bow, the other to get the small quiver upgraded... I cant remember where I found the other one.What medals does everyone have?I have these:Cursed MedalHeart MedalHeart Medal that gives health not to find more health x2Treasure MedalBug MedalPotion MedalI think thats it.

~PowerMiner~

You can get GP by getting 28 or more slices in the bamboo game. you're more likely to get a Gold Skull, but it shouldn't be all that hard.

um_banner.gif

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."

-Douglas Adams

~PowerMiner~

You can get GP by getting 28 or more slices in the bamboo game. you're more likely to get a Gold Skull, but it shouldn't be all that hard.
Thanks. I always got gold skulls though....~PowerMiner~

Dungeon 4 (Ancient Cistern)

I just got to the part where you have to hit the switches on a door in a certain order (top, bottom, left, right). I figured out the order by trial and error, but how were you "supposed" to do it?

Also, am I officially the least-far into the game now? :P:t::b::3:

Edited by Toa Balta #3

Q2TtLEz.png

The same thing happened to me, Whiplash.Minor story spoilers below.

I am surpised that they did a Skyloft Silent realm... that was very unexpected.I'm assuming I have almost beat the game, but I hope not :P....I'm afraid I'm missing out on some sidequests..Anyone else get the Hylian shield?Also, I beat all the bosses in the thunder dragon's game for fun XDI thought it was interesting that those Bokoblins, or whatever they are, ganged up on you and stole your stuff. That was fun! :lol:

~PowerMiner~

Edited by PowerMiner

Just finished Dungeon 4 (Ancient Cistern).

HOLY... :OMG: BEST. BOSS. BATTLE. EVER. Seriously, that was amazing. The first stage is fairly difficult - I died and was revived by a fariy - and then the second stage...*starts hyperventilating* the second stage...HOLY HE HAS LEGS WATCH OUT RUN DODGE WHIP DIE DIE WHAT!? YOU CAN USE HIS SWORDS AGAINST HIM!? YES YES YES YES YES

Edited by Toa Balta #3

Q2TtLEz.png

Just finished Dungeon 4 (Ancient Cistern).

HOLY... :OMG: BEST. BOSS. BATTLE. EVER. Seriously, that was amazing. The first stage is fairly difficult - I died and was revived by a fariy - and then the second stage...*starts hyperventilating* the second stage...HOLY HE HAS LEGS WATCH OUT RUN DODGE WHIP DIE DIE WHAT!? YOU CAN USE HIS SWORDS AGAINST HIM!? YES YES YES YES YES

I just like it because it's Hindu. :P Also, the music for it's pretty good.

I just beat the game, so....WARNING, MAJOR SPOILERS BELOWBelow, Thanks

That ending boss battle was... Amazing. Demise is awesome...Ganondorf must be Demise's hate for Link and Zelda.... D:I dont know how to put that awesomeness into words...

Edited by PowerMiner

PowerMiner:

Whirling Jump Stab of Death. =D Correction; Whirling Lightning Jump Stab of Death!Yeah, that battle was awesome, and things certainly make a whole lot more sense now. Including, literally, Ganondorf's appearance. =P

I made it to the last dungeon yesterday. Now to finish up all those sidequests...Ha, as if. Already finished the Gratitude Crystal bit. All I really have left to do is find the last three (I think that is how many are left) Goddess Cubes and get the Hylian Shield. :biggrin: Just finished the game (it's 3:10 in the morning as I type this). Spoilers later, but right now I just want to say that Wind Waker is no longer my favorite of the series. Anyway...

Demise was awesome. That fight was awesome. That finishing move... Awesome isn't a strong enough word to describe it.Kind of funny (or at least I think it is) story, but first time I fought Demise I brought along two fairies. Well, I died-as could be expected from bringing such weak health replenishers-so when I went to fight him again I brought along three Heart Potion +s, and two Heart Potions ++s.Then I go on to beat Demise, only getting hit three times. What a waste of money... :P

Edited by ckmc

Lacertus

Major spoilers below.

I have a theory, how is the Master Sword in the future in the same place if Link leaves it in the past? If Impa already knew this was to happen, why was the Master Sword not the Goddess Sword where it is found by Link? If he did it before he existed, why isnt it... Wait... what? Does that mean there were two master swords? But the Master Sword wasnt there.... What What What??? This is confusing.Also, I dont remember ever using lightning in the Demise battle D:ckmc, same thing happened to me XDOf course at that time I had almost no need for rupees :P

Edited by PowerMiner

Everything had already happened, it was essentially a loop. =P The only exceptions are the Timeshift stones, which make a mess of everything. :rolleyes:However, it is odd, that you don't see the Master Sword in the past. Maybe it was just artistic license in that manner, since they didn't want you to see such an obvious spoiler, when the game was supposed to be about the Master Sword's creation.As for why it wasn't the Goddess Sword when the doors opened, it's because it's been there since the past. And as for why it's not the Master Sword at the beginning of the game, simple: It hasn't been created yet.However, it does explain why Impa still doesn't let you in that room after you find out Zelda's been in there all along... Because having the Master Sword there too would just break Link's mind. xD(Especially since he's wielding it at that time)As for the lightning, you have to actually be wanting to use it to utilize it aside from the uber finishing attack. Given that it's essentially the Skyward Strike in lightning form.(I haven't tried all the forms of the SS in Lightning form yet, I should sometime. That would be awesome. =D)

First of all, I know that it shouldnt have been the Goddess sword when they came back from the future.Was Zelda (In sleep) in the same room that the Master Sword was put down in? If so, then there would be one master sword put down, with one still in the Goddess Statue, the other in the room Zelda was... always sleeping in..?

Power Miner:

Seems like it from the ending. And yes, up until the ending, there would always have been a Master Sword in there, and up until you obtain it, the Goddess Sword would have been around too... See kids, this is what happens when you mess with the Timestream. xDBut yes, Zelda was always in there, sealed. If you start a new file, not even needing Hero Mode, you can see the 'Timeshift crystal'(I seriously thought that's what it was at first. D=), and also the bracelet on Impa's arm. However, the Master Sword is MIA for some reason. xD Again, likely so as not to spoil anything, because the Master Sword being there would make it obvious that something was off... An old person wearing a blue bracelet and a glowing yellow stone is not as conspicuous. =P(Especially since the bracelet doesn't even have relevance until the ending, and it's not until the huge plot twist that you find out what that stone's for. =P)