01.jpg_thumb.jpg

Gallery ^ ^ ^(when Public)

I have had this built for over a year now. :P But the idea came to me a little before Christmas time in 2010, when my family and I were at Disneyland and I was spending some early Christmas money at the Lego Store. I got Xplode and the Furno Bike, and when I opened Xplode's box I saw the shoulder pieces, and I thought "these would be perfect for a venus fly trap mouth."This is the fruit of my labor (get it, because it's a plant? :P) and has been on display at Bricks by the Bay 2011 (it won the "Best Parts Usage" award in the Bionicle/Hero Factory theme) and 2012. Audrey's Seed was also on display at the Arden Fair Lego Store, along with another of my creations, which will eventually get posted. :P This is completely made out of Lego parts; the pot is a Pick-a-Brick cup and lid. EDIT: I guess I should mention that this looks a lot like a Deku Baba from the Legend of Zelda series and is probably more of an inspiration than Audrey. :POnto the pictures!

EDIT: here are some things that inspired me to make this:

Deku Baba (Artwork): Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Deku Baba (Game Model): Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Venus Flytrap: Real Life :biggrin:

Audrey: Little Shop of Horrors

That's all, folks! Please post your thoughts and thanks for looking. :)

Edited by Zorrakh

This is very creative. I could of never thought of a Venus Fly Trap Mouth for Xplode's shoulder pads.Love the detail on this thing, from very vine and the very top and bottom of the mouth where you put Lehvak Shields.All in all, I love this creative Moc. ^.^~Gravity

Veigar's Shadow: Thank you. :)Tomaku: Thank you. The "dirt" is certainly dark enough to look like it's been watered, plus these things live in very humid climates. :PGravity Caiox: Thank you. :) I was surprised how plant-like the stringing together of ball sockets is, plus it gives it great articulation.thebeggerpie: Thank you. :) I'd love to see what you come up with if you do try it; I don't think there's actually that many organic-looking MOCs and making plants is one of the ways to expand that boundary of Bionicle/Hero Factory.

I would say this is spot on.Its also ice that you used connectors instead of limbs, wich gives it a darker, edgier feel.

Thank you. :) The darker and edgier feel was something I wasn't shooting for; I was just going for something more organic than what's normally done with Bionicle parts. :PActually, there's another MOC I'm working on that uses lots and lots of black ball socket connecters (some of the strands are twisted up like in this), and that definitely gives off a darker and edgier feel. I guess color makes a difference. :D

It's great to see you back in BBC, Zorrakh! :biggrin: And you've certainly come back in style -- what an ingenious usage of the Xplode armor pieces! They really do look like blood-red fangs, and certainly the inside of a Venus flytrap's mouth. The Miru Nuvas look good as leaves surrounding the mouth, and the Lehvak shields only add to the leaf effect. I also really like how you made the stem from interlocking hand pieces, and how the soil is composed of those in brown. Finally, you're one of the first I've seen to find a use for those transparent LEGO Store buckets, which are mighty useful to bring home parts in but not so easy to MOC with.Well done, my friend! This is a splendid version of the mean green mother from outer space.~B~

Edited by Ballom

This is fantastic! I haven't seen a non hominoid MoC like this in a while, much less one that looks so good.The mouth is a thing of beauty. I love it when MoCist build their creation around a single piece. Best part is that it turned out quite well. you've molded the plastic to actually look like an organic plant, which is not an easy thing to do. The red pins look nice here and not out of place which is cool. The old school Bohrok shields look amazingly like leaves and you capitalized on that. The Miru Nuvas are also a good choice for the "head".There's really no way that I can see to improve this wonderful MoC.Overall, terrific job! Keep on MoCin'. :D

silverbladebanner.jpg

Wow. That's brilliant. It looks great.My only quibble is that the stem looks weird. Very weird. I can't place it, but something seems off...perhaps it's the fact that it's got gaps. It doesn't seem to be one solid mass. Or it could be the fact that it seems to lean back and then curve forward again. It looks almost like the head of a beast, and not a plant. Overall though, brilliant idea, and well-executed.

{Z}

Ehlekdude: Thank you. :)Ballom: Thanks. :) I've actually neve seen Little Shop of Horrors; neither the movie nor the play. I just remember seeing it at Blockbuster as a kid. :P I really want to try and see what else I can do with the Pick-a-Brick cup. I was thinking about maybe using it as a crab shell or something, so maybe you'll see more of it from me. :Dankyofdarkness: Thank you. :) I think one of the reasons the red works well is because the red mixed with the green looks more plant-like. Some species of venus flytraps have a red "mouth" to help attract flies and other insects. And I also knew black axles would look a little weird on this. :PZaxvo: Thank you. :) That is one disadvantage with using strands of socket pieces; you really need three strands to cover up most of the gaps. Thankfully it also gives the MOC a more vine-like appearance, and this is something that sometimes occurs in nature. I did forget to mention (I've added it in now) that this is also inspired by the Deku Baba from the Legend of Zelda series (more specifically from Twilight Princess). The "head" on the MOC looks a lot like a Deku Baba's, actually. :PThanks again for all the replies. :D