The Official Halo Topic

Skarloth

Is that in the new comic? Should I invest in the Escalation comics?

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

• 3 weeks later...

I FINALLY finished Halo 4 campaign! I would start reading Escalation but there's nowhere to get the earlier issues around here and I can't get Volume 1 till my paycheck D:

Is that in the new comic? Should I invest in the Escalation comics?

Team Black is actually from Bloodlines. It's a pretty awesome story about a Spartan team that has to team up with Covenant survivors to explore a Line Installation.

I just read Escalation 9 to get caught up with Halo 4's continuing storyline. And downloaded Halo: Spartan Assault. Haven't played it though. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They should. For now you've got four campaigns in 1080p 60fps, an insane number of achievements even on the individual level, and the sheer awesome that is Halo 2 Anniversary in general.

Should take you several months to exhaust all the fun you can get out of that, and I'm sure 343i won't take that long with the bug fixes.

• Upvote 1

Pk57sNJ.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

On PC? Sort of. I have the game/disc, but generally play stuff on console. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Who knows, he could even mean the XBox version. I assume he is referring to the Anniversary Edition, but hey, I'm not him.

Speaking of the PC version, does anyone still play that?

"Boss! Da needle is pointin' in da red! Dat ain't good!"
"Course it's good ya squealin' runt! Red goes fastah!"

Orks... Such wonderfully simple creatures.

• 4 months later...

I did play it but I don't much like it after playing Halo on Xbox. On the PC version, Marines are dumber, hitboxes are screwy (biggest problem), Jackal ranks are indistinguishable, enemies do not throw grenades, and for some reason a Hunter cannot hit you with his gun if you're staying still.

The graphics are kind of an eyesore too, but the gameplay issues above take priority. I do really enjoy CEA though, since it has none of those issues and looks great.

Edited by Axilus Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Woah. You're 5 months too late, Axilus.

I'm currently doing a multiplayer achievement spree party for 3, 4, and Reach with a couple of other players (although two of the players might not be able to assist and that why I'm posting this in the first place).

Here are the overall requirements:

-A mic (optional, but it's preferred)

-At least two controllers

Halo 3's requirements are pretty lenient (you don't really need any map packs):

-Heroic (optional)

-Legendary (optional)

-Mythic (optional)

We're going through all of Reach's the map packs (e.i., Defiant, Anniversary, and Noble).

For 4, we're going over Bullseye achievements and ones that just simply state "matchmaking" in their descriptions (I think owning the DLC is required for this one).

Just message me over Xbox (MaliceGhost) or pm me if you're interested.

I know you are, Axilus, but your internet is though.

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif

Just FYI, I'm still up for the Anniversary/Reach/3/4 achievement-fest. I'm still hear, just quietly waiting in the shadows. 

Microtransactions that affect gameplay in multiplayer? I'm joining the haters. I'll give 343 a month to fix this stuff but if they haven't or if they have made it worse, I think I'll cancel my pre-order.

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

Out of the topic of Halo 5, Hunters in the Dark is such a good book. There is finally some recognition (though probably not as much as I would like) for Halo Wars' Spirit of Fire. It is thoroughly a love-story to all the halo games outside of ODST, which is fair considering the previous book was New Blood AKA ODST 2 : Drop Harder.

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

• 4 months later...

Why Halo 4 isn't that bad.

Now that Halo 5 has come out, I've noticed that it's been getting the same flak that Halo 4 had. So I figured I would try to end it by going to bthe "great furnase" and kill this morbusak. Guy, Halo 4 ain't bad!

To start this, I resided to give you people the main complaints about Halo 4.

It has loadouts

The multi player isnt classic halo

The gameplay isn't classic halo

The enemies have ranks

The character personalities are different.

And the campaign is bad.

Now I intend to take these down 1 by one, but to let you know what these people's real problem is, these can be summarized by 1 complaint.

Halo 4 is a Call of Duty clone.

Now to get this out of the way, Halo 4 IS NOT a Call of Duty clone. There's only 1 thing they both share, and that's loadouts. And Halo 4 loadouts are only in multi player.

Now first I want to take on the big complaint. In order to understand why Halo 4 isn't a C.o.D. clone we have to go back to the time before time, 1993. Now why 1993? Well, something big for gaming happened in 1993, DOOM. For those of you who don't know, DOOM was the "first" fps game. It actually took the already existing layout and completely changed it to what we have today. It paved the way for Halo and C.O.D. Now DOOM got famous over night, and several "DOOM clones" came out. But there was one particular one that also became a gaming fenom, Halo. Yep, halo. Bungie was trying to see what they could do with the format DOOM had made. What they ended up doing was proving an fps can have a story to drive it. And they did so very well. Halo had a well thought out story, which is the main selling point of the franchise. Now let's look at C.O.D. for a moment. The first C.O.D game came out in 2006, after 2 blockbuster games. Can you guess what they are? Halo 2 and DOOM 3. Two of the biggest fps franchises simultaneously released a new game. Fpses were at an all-time high. So what caused the release of C.O.D.? The popularity of roses. C.O.D. is a HALO CLONE! So there you go, I just killed that theory of Halo 4 being a C.O.D. clone. But something tells me you are not convinced. So I'll go deaper. Now if C.O.D. is technically a Halo clone, why is it bigger? Well first it has more games. But second is it allows more for the player to do. Gun attachments, parlour and all sorts of stuff. More then Halo. But Halo fans wanted to be able to do more. So what did Bungie do? Halo Reach. It added loadouts, and a little something called armor abilities. Now what was the point of armor abilities? To give people the abilities of a C.O.D. game, while still having classic Halo. And here we found the root. Because once these were added, people started complaining. Reach was also called a C.O.D. clone. And when 343 made Halo 4, they included some of what Halo Reach had. But 343 gets more flak because, it's not Bungie. And from here the rest of the complaints kill themselves. The real problems are, the fans are kinda greaty,and Halo is taking some changes. But that's it. The problem isn't with the game, it's with use fans. So if you played Halo 4 and disliked it that way, I suggest you sit down, and play it with this new info in mind. See what you think then.

Bens_Channel_Art.jpgThe Duke is AWESOME!!!! 

Okay, first of all, I'm going to come right out and say that I have not played Halo 4 or 5, so I cannot make any arguments for or against the claim that they are Call of Duty clones. However, I have noticed several... inaccuracies in your post, and I just want to point them out--not because I disagree with your point (truth is, I am more likely to agree that Halos 4 and 5 are not CoD clones), but because I feel you should recognize how unstable your argument is in its current form.

So let's do this in order. First, Halo was not the first game to combine first-person shooter with story-driven gameplay--it wasn't even the first to do it well. In fact, I know many would consider Half-Life to have been the first*. Even Unreal did a decent job. Now, if your point was that Halo was the first console game to get that combination right, you might be correct, but your use of DOOM as a point of reference suggests otherwise.

Second, the first Call of Duty came out in 2003 for PC; this does mean it came out after Halo, but does not mean it is a clone (more on that in my next point). The first Call of Duty released for console was Call of Duty: Finest Hour, and that was in 2004. The game released in 2006 was Call of Duty 3, which was also the first console-only game; I assume this is the game you are referring to, but it was not the "first C.O.D. game" as you claim.

Third--and this was a point, I believe, made by someone else in the topic you made on the subject--just because games are in the same genre, and just because they share several similarities, does not make them clones. Just because Call of Duty came out after Halo does not mean it is a clone. You are correct, however, in saying that just because the Halo series started incorporating aspects similar to those in the Call of Duty series, that does not mean that Halo is now a clone of Call of Duty. Personally, I don't see the harm in using popular elements from other games to freshen up a series that hasn't really changed all that much in three installments (which is not to say the series was growing stagnant).

As for your comment about Halos 4 and 5 getting more flak or its Reach-like components simply because those games were not developed by Bungie... having not played 4 or 5, I can't really comment on that one. It could be true, and it wouldn't surprise me if it was, but I do remember back when it was announced that 343 would be making more Halo games. I wasn't really "in" the Halo community, so there might have been a lot of backlash I didn't see, but I seem to remember people in general being cautiously optimistic about the whole thing. From what I saw, people were willing to give 343 the benefit of the doubt. Since then, I have seen comments that 343 has ruined the series or that they've done a poor job with it, but again, I cannot comment one way or the other on the accuracy of such claims.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that you may have a decent point buried in there, but your examples and arguments are a little weak, if not entirely inaccurate.

*NOTE: I'm referring specifically to first person shooters here, not FPS-RPG hybrids like System Shock.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

Okay, first of all, I'm going to come right out and say that I have not played Halo 4 or 5, so I cannot make any arguments for or against the claim that they are Call of Duty clones. However, I have noticed several... inaccuracies in your post, and I just want to point them out--not because I disagree with your point (truth is, I am more likely to agree that Halos 4 and 5 are not CoD clones), but because I feel you should recognize how unstable your argument is in its current form.

So let's do this in order. First, Halo was not the first game to combine first-person shooter with story-driven gameplay--it wasn't even the first to do it well. In fact, I know many would consider Half-Life to have been the first*. Even Unreal did a decent job. Now, if your point was that Halo was the first console game to get that combination right, you might be correct, but your use of DOOM as a point of reference suggests otherwise.

Second, the first Call of Duty came out in 2003 for PC; this does mean it came out after Halo, but does not mean it is a clone (more on that in my next point). The first Call of Duty released for console was Call of Duty: Finest Hour, and that was in 2004. The game released in 2006 was Call of Duty 3, which was also the first console-only game; I assume this is the game you are referring to, but it was not the "first C.O.D. game" as you claim.

Third--and this was a point, I believe, made by someone else in the topic you made on the subject--just because games are in the same genre, and just because they share several similarities, does not make them clones. Just because Call of Duty came out after Halo does not mean it is a clone. You are correct, however, in saying that just because the Halo series started incorporating aspects similar to those in the Call of Duty series, that does not mean that Halo is now a clone of Call of Duty. Personally, I don't see the harm in using popular elements from other games to freshen up a series that hasn't really changed all that much in three installments (which is not to say the series was growing stagnant).

As for your comment about Halos 4 and 5 getting more flak or its Reach-like components simply because those games were not developed by Bungie... having not played 4 or 5, I can't really comment on that one. It could be true, and it wouldn't surprise me if it was, but I do remember back when it was announced that 343 would be making more Halo games. I wasn't really "in" the Halo community, so there might have been a lot of backlash I didn't see, but I seem to remember people in general being cautiously optimistic about the whole thing. From what I saw, people were willing to give 343 the benefit of the doubt. Since then, I have seen comments that 343 has ruined the series or that they've done a poor job with it, but again, I cannot comment one way or the other on the accuracy of such claims.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that you may have a decent point buried in there, but your examples and arguments are a little weak, if not entirely inaccurate.

*NOTE: I'm referring specifically to first person shooters here, not FPS-RPG hybrids like System Shock.

Ok. Thanks for pointing out my mistakes. XD

But I would liketo mesion just afew things. Mainly that I new Halo Wasn't the first story drivin fps, I think it was Marathon. That was a typo.

The second is that I was talking about fpses in general. So the DOOM reference would fit eather way, because all fpses harpen back to DOOM (also DOOM 1 was also released for Play Station 1 when it came out).

And finaly, I'm not saying that Hal shouldn't borrow stuff from Cod, I'm saying that people shouldn't complain about it anymore :P

But again, thanks for pointing out my mistakes.

Bens_Channel_Art.jpgThe Duke is AWESOME!!!! 

Didn't know DOOM was released for the PlayStation, though I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Also, I didn't mean to suggest you were against Halo borrowing from CoD. As for people complaining, I wish that could be the case in regards to, well, everything, but alas, such is not the case. That's one of the reasons I stopped visiting gaming websites and communities. I got tired of people complaining about everything.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn