Edit: Voltix's Cure To Uglieness

~garnira returns~

With a little bit of creativity and time on my hands, I crudely editted voltix's colorscheme. I plan to do this in real life once he comes out. Of course I will have to think of a bionicle backstory for him so that he fits in.http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/garnira/bionicles/voltixfinal.jpg

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

Nah, he doesn't have the same "I AM RAMPED UP WITH ELECTRICITY AHAHAHZZZZZZZZZ" vibe that fit him so well before. This way it's more of a "heh i have random lightning sparks coming out of my head and back". So, basically it boils down to this: It's the crazy color scheme that Voltix has that makes him reflect his control over electricity so well. While your changes definitely look more organized, electricity is anything but organized.Also it would be impossible to change Voltix exactly like this(at least, at this point in time), because the 5M shells used for his lower legs do not exist in purple(however 6M shells do), and I'm fairly positive that yellow tubes also do not exist.

Edited by Squish E. Frog

overlordsukapon.png

Is it wrong that I actually like this?I never cared for Voltix's color scheme. Yeah, he controls electricity - but the last time I checked, electricity didn't come in a wide swath of colors, so I never really understood the explanation for his bizarre and schizophrenic color scheme. It looked like a cop-out on the part of the set designers. If Voltix came out like this, not only would I probably buy him (which I don't plan on doing now), but I'd consider him a very good set.Of course, I'd prefer it if there were more lightning bolts going every which way, which would have been a much better representation of electricity than any bizarre color scheme could ever even hope to do, but that's a completely unrelated issue.So yeah. While I agree that the editing is crude, I still think it's much more palatable than the real Voltix.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Is it wrong that I actually like this?I never cared for Voltix's color scheme. Yeah, he controls electricity - but the last time I checked, electricity didn't come in a wide swath of colors, so I never really understood the explanation for his bizarre and schizophrenic color scheme. It looked like a cop-out on the part of the set designers. If Voltix came out like this, not only would I probably buy him (which I don't plan on doing now), but I'd consider him a very good set.Of course, I'd prefer it if there were more lightning bolts going every which way, which would have been a much better representation of electricity than any bizarre color scheme could ever even hope to do, but that's a completely unrelated issue.So yeah. While I agree that the editing is crude, I still think it's much more palatable than the real Voltix.
Ummmm... No? tounge2.gif
Nah, he doesn't have the same "I AM RAMPED UP WITH ELECTRICITY AHAHAHZZZZZZZZZ" vibe that fit him so well before. This way it's more of a "heh i have random lightning sparks coming out of my head and back". So, basically it boils down to this: It's the crazy color scheme that Voltix has that makes him reflect his control over electricity so well. While your changes definitely look more organized, electricity is anything but organized.Also it would be impossible to change Voltix exactly like this(at least, at this point in time), because the 5M shells used for his lower legs do not exist in purple(however 6M shells do), and I'm fairly positive that yellow tubes also do not exist.
yeah, the tubes and armor dont exist (I just searched for them on bricklink), however they have longer armors of the same design.If anyone wonders, I chose to remove the red because it doesn't really say electricity to me. My bad. Edited by ~garnira returns~

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

Removing the red bones/shells in favor of black ones does simplify things, but I can't say I like the yellow tubes at all. They just don't have as strong a significance as the red/blue wires of his original motif. Even if the red elsewhere in his color scheme were removed, I think the red tubes ought to stay.If I weren't working with parts that currently exist, the one major improvement I'd make to Voltix would be to make his transparent/bright blue tubing just plain bright blue.