Alex Humva

IC [Arhtok, Night]Monroe and the two reached the insertion point within reasonable time, finding no warlock presence. Monroe signaled for Karin to take up position at the two entryways while a Dark Pathway split the air, a black clothed magic user stepping through.“Commander Monroe; good to see you here, doing your mission. I’m a scout, making sure the area is clear. The General of the West will be arriving shortly with a few squads; after that, an entire Imperial Legion will be here.”“I see.” Monroe shook his head slightly; the bodies would be piled so high they’d be used as cover. “I haven’t heard a second explosion yet; I don’t believe the Seargent has placed his charges yet. He should finish soon enough though.”“Let us hope so.” The magic user turned as another Pathway opened, the General of the West flanked by two magic users walking through. The squads spilled into the small clearing, the General looking around before sighing.“Hardly the best position for command but it will do.” The General watched as the three other Generals came through, and finally, to the shock of Monroe, the Emperor himself came through the Pathway.“Emperor, sir, what’re you doing on the battlefield?” Monroe was utterly stunned. “This is unheard of.”“I wish to see the fall of the warlock menace; I am perfectly safe, don’t worry Commander. I have plenty of protection.”“Sir, all the protection in the world won’t do any good if you receive a crossbow bolt in the heart.” The Commander didn’t know what insanity had overcome the Emperor, but he intended on finding out. He looked behind the Emperor to see the attendant from earlier, as well as three others. They all gave him the same sense of... wrong. “Sir, if I may ask, why did you bring them along?”“Them?” The Emperor turned a little, glancing. “Oh; I don’t know, I must of ordered them to come with me. They’re attendants, they attend. If nothing else they’re an extra sword or two.”“This isn’t right...” Monroe heard a war cry off in the distance; the warlocks were beginning to mass. It would be a bloody battle, a dangerous one; the Emperor knew that. He had never gone to war before; he surrounded himself in riches and jews, was a vain sort of Emperor, not the warlord. Even a General being on the battlefield was rare; why would the Emperor of all people put himself in the middle of a brewing warzone?“Sir, you’d better look at this.” Karin pointed upwards, Monroe looking up. The sky, which was beginning to receive it’s first morning rays of light, had gone dark. The cloudless sky showed no stars, the rays slowly disappearing as though they were being eaten. Everyone present looked up as well, a chill running down Monroe’s spine as he looked at the attendants once more. Their features had begun to turn ghastly, their youthful faces beginning to hollow.“What in the name of the Makers...” Monroe would of said more, but then the sky turned pitch black. When I say pitch black, it’s not a natural sort of black; it’s the black of a Dark Pathway, a black that acts as though it has light while still being completely void of it. It is an unhuman black, that makes any sane person wish they never saw it. The entire sky turned that color, and the magic users gave a cry of alarm.“Bless my soul...” The oldest of the magic users muttered. “There’s so many...”“So many what?” Monroe looked up at the black sky, confused, but slowly beginning to realize what was happening. “What the **** is happening?!”“The future, Jackson Monroe.” The lead attendant stepped next to the Commander, eyes the same black as the sky. “You cannot see us; we don’t exist low enough for mere mortal men to see us. But we have come, and we will feast for the first time in so many of your ‘cycles’.”“Feast? I do not like the sound of that.” Monroe pulled out his sword, even as the rest of the Imperial Guard present aimed their crossbows at the attendant. “By feast I presume, say, a celebration party, you know, welcome back, eat lots of roasted fowl, that sort of thing. Not, uh, eating us?”“Your crude illustration shows just how little you understand the universe around you.” The attendant sighed, shaking his head. “We watch; we wait. The attack will begin in a few seconds; we will feast off of the magic spilled today, and you, you ‘humans’, will never know what fed on this victorious day.”“Yeah, well, we’ll see about that.” Every nerve in Monroe’s body was yelling at him, telling him something extremely wrong was going on. “Putting dinner on the side, there’s still some hope for us.”“Your precious leaders are half deranged by now; our methods of... persuasion have that effect.” The attendant turned to Monroe, giving a victorious, evil, smile. “Even as we speak my companions are filling their heads with static, as you might of noticed from their blank expressions throughout this all. They can’t order an end to this. Your people are lost, Jackson Monroe. Your Empire will be split as it loses tens of thousands to the warlocks; your people will be forced to surrender when their mighty Emperor is slain in battle, in the heroic attempt to stop the warlock threat. Your people will no longer be a great power, and we, we will sit in the shadows, feasting on magic like we have for eons, but this time, we will not return to our slumber. We will use this world for what is rightfully ours.”“...That was very theatrical you know.” Monroe sighed, dropping his sword just a bit. “But you’re forgetting one major detail in this whole plan.”“And what would that be, Jackson Monroe?”“You’re dealing with the Empire’s arguably two best soldiers, along with a band of newbies, rogues, hardened fighters, and assorted people pulled off the street.” Monroe shrugged. “If the legends tell us anything, that’s the perfect combination for pushing people such as your self back.”“You must be mad.” The attendant looked at Monroe with a look of disbelief.“Eh, it comes with the job.” With that, Monroe jabbed his sword forward, hitting the attendant clean in the gut; a swift punch to the head brought the creature down, all **** breaking lose as the remaining attendants were slaughtered. When the Emperor and the Generals didn’t regain lucidity though, Monroe cursed something under his breath and looked around. “You all! You have one purpose now; protect the Emperor and Generals until they get some sense slapped into them. The attack is going start any minute now, so be ready for heavy warlock assault! I don’t know what the **** is going on, but what I do know is that we are Imperial soldiers, and we are going do a **** fine job of living up to the reputation given to us. Me and the Lieutenant are going ahead to find out what’s taking the destruction of the spring so long; when the attack begins we will regroup here. You have your orders; follow them!”With that, Monroe raced through the streets, disregarding stealth as Dark Pathways opened all throughout the city, chaos ensuring as Imperial troops rushed through Arhtok, the true battle beginning.OOCAnd there you have it ladies and gentlemen, the Battle of Arhtok has begun. Thousands of human soldiers are pouring in, faced against perhaps a hundred thousand or more warlocks. It will be a battle that they will speak of in legends; fight well.An extremely brief recap for those too lazy to figure out what’s going on; the sky is an unnatural shade of black, warlocks see weird white blobs floating in the sky watching the battle, and humans are pouring through the city, armed with various utensils of war. Have fun.

Edited by Alex Humva

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

OOC: Perfect. Now I just need to hurry up with my new character so that he doesn't miss the fight. D= -==IC: Orion==- Orion frowned and narrowed his eyes, as he gripped his sword in a defensive position."Well, you heard the commander. It's time to show him our potential." Orion stated, as he looked around at what was going on. OOC: No huge IC yet, I'll work on that later.

OOCUh, didn't I order Orion to go to the second tallest building and get in a lookout position? 0.o ALSO Something to remember guys; no killing mooks in the street like no one's business. Yeah, the infantry runt isn't going to do much of a fight but he'll still fight. There is no 'I killed ten peeps as I ran down the street', k?

Edited by Alex Humva

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: [Marek] The sky darkened instantly, and Marek saw Pathways open up all around him. More important than that, to him though, was the sound. There was so much all around him. He didn't need the fountain to keep the sound up now, the humans would do it for him. He looked around, watching them humans move through the city. Taking a small amount of sound from the mass he was containing, he found an intersection where human troops were moving through, and let the sound loose in two of the soldiers ears. Immediately they stumbled and fell to the ground, tripping up several soldiers behind them. It wouldn't kill any of them, but it would certainly make it easier for another warlock to end their lives.

I want you to hit me as hard as you can.

Something on your mind, Dear?

Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility!

IC: Tsulcrix had experienced a number of ambushes before. After all, Xorov was home to several crime lords, many gangs, and countless petty thieves and crooks. She had found that it was still possible to gauge where one was most vulnerable, minimizing the damage from ambushes. However, Soldiers appearing literally everywhere through dark portals was something else entirely. She managed to avoid a flurry of crossbow bolts from a group of soldiers, then willed a nearby merchant's cart to burst into flames and collapse in front of the soldiers. It halted their progress briefly, but those armed with axes or broadswords quickly worked to cut a path through the flames.

Edited by Keizah Hagah

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

OOC: Ooh, what about flying off? Is that allowed? =P Orion stuff: *Blinks* Hm. Lemme quickly check, I'll admit I've been skimming the other posts, but I didn't see a mention to Orion in that last one... Lemme make sure I didn't miss anything. =P /EDIT: Ooh, I see now. How the heck did I miss that? 0_o Okay, ignore that last IC, I'll fix it up either in a bit if I get frustrated enough with this VM stuff, or later, when I get off for the night again. =P

Edited by Fullbringer Blade

IC: [isaac] This is wrong. This is so wrong. Isaac watched the scene with nothing short of horror. This won't be a battle, it will be a massacre, for everyone involved. But how did the Empire do this? IC: [Felix] Felix watched the full, true, and terrible power of the Empire in awe and with a feeling of justice. But with that we there was now fear. Fear of what the Empire could do, fear of the fact that magic was not some devilry of the warlocks. IC: [Menelaus] Menelaus cursed loudly. What is this? Traitors? Human mages? HOW?!? But the thing that disturbed him the most, the thing he voice out loud, was "WHAT THE BLAZES ARE THOSE WHITE THINGS?!" With that, he marshaled his power to craft a broadsword and went to work. IC: [Constantine] Constantine didn't know what to do. What was happening? He had never seen such a mass of dark gateways... As far as he knew, no warlock or even group of warlocks had even attempted it. Dark gateways were not the sort of thing one used without good reason. And now... The human attack would certainly be defeated, was certainly doomed. But at what cost? And what were those white things? Something told Constantine that their very existence, and especially their prescence, was... Wrong. Just fundamentally wrong. But then Constantine had to worry about blinding a human crossbowmen who was taking aim at another warlock. Fortunately, Constantine had good aim.

imo11b1ulynbq2ju7il.png

If you like this banner, please feel free to add it to your signature.

QUOTE(GregF @ Oct 13 2010, 03:21 AM)

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.

Do you think you have what it take to climb... Up the Carrion Stair!

Credit to Toa Zehvor MT for the banner!

IC [Arhtok, Night] No. No, it cannot be. The entity of the spring gave the equivalent of a gasp. It cannot be! Not so soon, not now. They are not prepared! The Maker's children are not prepared! A telepathic roar broke through the minds of everyone, not stopping the battles but enough to make some glance towards the spring. Water gurgled upwards in a pillar as a shape formed; a shape that held no true coherent form, a mass of pillar-like extensions. The creatures floating above ground actually moved away from it, as though they feared the power. Let the children of the Makers fight; they will resolve their differences in due time. These foul beasts on the other hand... they have no right to this world, not at a time like this, before the children can defend themselves. I saw my end... if only I had known it would be at the hands of these creatures, not the doing of a daughter of the Makers. With that final internal sentiment, the entity lashed out, smacking creatures out of the sky as they swarmed it. OOCThe day gets better and better; warlocks fight humans while entities beyond our understanding duke it out.

voidstars.png

IC: Boru saw the sky turn black in horror, and the white blobs appear. He innately knew there was an evil quality to them.He felt a tug on his arm, bringing him back to reality, and looked over to see Cairye shaking his head."No. There," said the magician, pointing towards the massing humans.Boru's hammer leapt into his grasp from hus side, and he nodded, looking back at Roshad."Let's go."The metal giant grabbed them, and leaped down in front of a squad of five human warriors. The soldiers gave a shout, raising their crossbows. Roshad placed the others behind him, and crouched down. The bolts had almost no effect against the titanium giant, a few sticking in his skin. Just then, however, a glass flask arced through the air, filled with seawater. Roshad would have rolled his eyes, were he able, but prepared to be violently ejected from Jerry.However, before it reached the top of it's curve, a metal sphere shattered it, expertly thrown fromCairye's hand. Boru vaulted over Jerry, using his powers, and the giant launched him over the soldiers, where he brought the head of the hammer, gravity increased, on one of their helmets with a sickening crunch.The gravity mage spun around, hammer flying into the face of a second soldier. Cairye sprinted the short distance over, two fingers extended from one hand. They cleanly sliced through one soldier's metal armor, opening him up to a stab from the warlock's blade. One soldier drew his sword, aiming a wicked slash at the magician's poorly protected back, but Cairye flipped backwards, flying over the blade. In the air, he expertly wrapped his legs around the soldier's neck, and slammed his hands on either side of the man's helmet, caving it in as they fell.Boru turned to find another soldier raising his crossbow to fire at the warlock's face. He raised his armored hand to shield himself- and then a huge metal hand smashed the soldier out of the way. The man flew through the air before landing against the wall of a building. A kick from Jerry caved in the wall.Panting, Cairye and Boru glanced at each other, then turned to see Roshad standing atop Jerry with a grin."Who's next?"

Well, would you just look at that?

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

OOCHerpa-derp. You have no idea how much willpower it's taking me to not have Monroe yell "Let us hunt some warlocks!" in a slightly British accent. Then again, I've always imagined Monroe with a British accent anyways. IC [Arhtok, Night] Monroe was currently on what one might call the high of battle; his vision was sharper, his muscles felt as though they could run for days. Warlocks tried to kill him, and he killed them first. Whispering a count everytime he shot another warlock, he dove into an alley to reload his clip, coming out to the other side to see what appeared to be a titanium giant, with a human squad being demolished. "Well, there's something you don't see every day..." He muttered, raising his crossbow as he ran to engage the warlocks.OOCToA. You, my friend, are screeeeeeewed. Win this battle and you get a reward. Also, if Koth should get on in the next hour like he told me, Karin tagged along with Monroe, so he isn't going up against the dudes alone and being completely reckless.

Edited by Alex Humva

voidstars.png

-==IC: Orion==- Orion had gotten to the watchtower, and since, as he leaned against a wall, watching everything that happened."Seriously, the person who had close combat experience gets stationed in a tower of all places." Orion sighed, as he he looked around with his Crossbow, not entirely certain how he was going to actively, you know, kill anyone with his lack of accuracy... But, that was when he heard the footsteps sounding off, as who he assumed were warlocks ran up the stairs toward him, which caused Orion to smile.Maybe this isn't so bad after all. Orion thought, as he put his crossbow down for the moment, and drew his sword once more.

IC: Boru heard Monroe, and looked over to see him. "Just one?" he taunted, a malicious grin spreading across his face. He raised his hand, and a faint purple aura glowed around it. Monroe's crossbow suddenly became 25 pounds heavier, forcing it down as Cairye sped towards him, blade extended as Boru took out his hammer. Roshad ducked back into Jerry, and the statue's eyes glowed a bright yellow as it stomped forward.

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

OOCUntil otherwise mentioned, assume Karin is present but at a distance; don't want to completely isolate Koth from the fight. IC [Arhtok, Night] Monroe barked something in an ancient language, even as he pulled the crossbow back up; injured shoulder or no, he was still a military man; he could lift at least a hundred and fifty pounds on a bad day, and his crossbow weighed ten. Thirty five pounds barely phased him, so long as he could end this battle soon. Letting loose a bolt towards the warlock he assumed to be one responsible for his heavier crossbow, he dove and rolled, missing the hammer, before glancing up at the titanium giant. "Bloody ****," he muttered, pushing himself up as he brought the hilt of his crossbow to smash against the warlock holding the hammer, aiming squarely for the chest.

voidstars.png

Boru's armor was capable of standing against a crossbow bolt, and though he felt pain, he didn't show it. With a snarl, he brought his hammer up, knocking aside Monroe's crossbow. Cairye's hands shot in and grasped the metal part of the crossbow, bending it back upon itself with almost no effort as Boru shoved the human back. Roshad waited to strike, not wanting to accidentally hit one of his friends.

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

OOCI'd call you out for autohitting and seriously screwing up my specialized weapon, but in this case it makes the playing field slightly more even. Just don't expect to get away with it again. IC [Arhtok, Night] Monroe stumbled backwards, looking at his distorted weapon, then looked at the metal bender. "You." Monroe growled. "You broke my crossbow. You know what I had to do to get that thing?" Taking out his sword, he said yet another ancient curse and charged, keeping in mind that sticking close to the warlocks would keep the giant from attacking him. He never considered himself a swordsmaster, but he could manage himself.

voidstars.png

OOC: I'm suddenly reminded of an Order of the Stick running gag. Trying to find a place to jump in. My humans are stuck until JC gets on.

imo11b1ulynbq2ju7il.png

If you like this banner, please feel free to add it to your signature.

QUOTE(GregF @ Oct 13 2010, 03:21 AM)

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.

Do you think you have what it take to climb... Up the Carrion Stair!

Credit to Toa Zehvor MT for the banner!

-==IC: Martin==-Martin frowned, as he walked outside, and then froze, noticing the darkened sky filled with white... things first of all.Oh no. Martin thought, as he paled.Those... Those... Aren't those the things that attacked Mox!? Martin thought, as he looked at the sky with his eyes widened.

IC: [Marek] Marek moved his mass of sound to the largest group of human interlopers, focused the sound into as many of their inner ears as he could, then unleashed the altered explosion. The modified sound was like nails on a chalkboard, but short and clipped. It was barely noticeable to those not targeted, but to those unlucky humans, it was the last sound they'd ever hear. Marek watched as almost two dozen soldiers fell to the ground, holding their heads in agony as their eardrums burst, irreparably damaged. Marek grinned as those around the injured soldiers looked at their fallen comrades in confusion. Serves you right for using explosives. Dirty tricks deserve dirty tricks. He looked around, now that his sound was used, it was best to get off the roofs, he was incredibly easy to notice up there.

Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility!

IC [Arhtok, Night] The commander did the only logical think in the instance; he ducked, allowing the two warlocks to hit each other with their own weapons. Did they seriously just make the most novice mistake in the book? Wow. Monroe didn't waste anytime to let the warlocks get over their shock though; he brought his elbow up to ram the hammer wielder square in the chest, attempting to hit the nerve cluster that would force the air out of his lungs, while meanwhile he was devising a plan to take down the titanium giant. Good thing he'd saved a cube of explosives; it wouldn't be powerful enough to destroy solid titanium, but it would give him a chance to see what sort of warlock he was dealing with; a simple metal manipulator or a possessor. OOCMy apologizes for that horrible typo; no cube of explosive is ever going be able to tear through at least a foot thick of titanium, unless the guy is hollow.

Edited by Alex Humva

voidstars.png

OOC: He's not hollow. :P IC: Boru stopped his hammer's swing just in time, and Cairye spun out of his attack, which, while it saved them, opened them up to Monroe. While Boru was armored, and Monroe's elbow was likely to hurt fairly badly after striking titanium plate, it did its intended job, forcing the air out of the magician's lungs. Behind Monroe, however, Cairye coated his left fist in metal, and grabbed Monroe, pulling him back and down towards the ground, before attacking with both his armored fist and his sword as the larger warlock caught his breath.

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC [Arhtok, Night] Monroe wasted no energy on a curse; instead, he grabbed Cairye, wrapping his arms around him as the two rolled. Monroe's sword fell to the ground, but the man wasn't so defenseless; winning the rolling battle, Monroe ended on top of the warlock, a fist drawn back. He wasted no time for a one-liner, instead delivering a knock-out punch squarely on Cairye's face. OOCWhether or not he gets knocked out is up to you; either way, he's going have a killer of a headache.

voidstars.png

IC: Cairye was fast, and that was one of his most useful traits in a fight. His metal coated hand, having split into fingers, shot up to grab Monroe's fist, allowing the metal mage to roll the suprised human over and leap off him, grabbing his sword as Boru pulled his hammer back, bringing it down toward Monroe's face. It'd be a good idea to roll away. OOC: Or I could do that. :P

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC: Karin threw her crossbow to the ground and leapt for the pair of warlocks fighting Monroe. She threw herself at the hammer one was wielding, throwing it far off its inteded course. She hit the ground and rolled back up to a standing position, and lunged at the hammer wielder with her kinfe drawn.IC: Tabris was lost in the confusion of the battle. He drew his longsword, not intending to rely upon magic with so much chaos around. He noticed some ways away what appeared to be a giant metal olem, something he had not seen before. Using it as a reference point, he made his way in that direction.

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

IC: Boru's eyes flashed angrily, and he nodded at Cairye. "If you need help, get Roshad. I've got this one." He leaped dodging the knife, and began spinning his hammer back and forth in controlled, calcularing strikes intending to force Karin back, while making her feet heavy as lead with his abilities.

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC [Arhtok, Night] The commander pulled himself from the ground, picking up his sword as he charged Cairye, the cube of explosives in his clenched fist. The titanium giant would have to wait, but if he could get the explosives on Cairye... it would not be pretty, to say the least.

voidstars.png

IC: Cairye saw the cube in Monroe's hand, and while he didn't know what it was, it couldn't be good. He flipped out of the way, then got back a distance. A metal shard changed itself into a dagger in his hand, which he hurled at Monore. While the commander focused on that projectile, a huge, heavy metal hand was swinging straight towards him.

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

OOCAhahahahano. Monroe has it concealed in his fist. You can't see it. IC [Arhtok, Night] Monroe hadn't survived this long without being able to multitask; some may of even said he was slightly ADD. Nonetheless, he was fully capable of dodging both the metal fist and the dagger, weaving about as he brought a fist towards Cairye's face.

voidstars.png

OOCNot really that big; slightly smaller than a 2x2 rubicks cube. Also, it doesn't matter; the explosive is like plastic explosives, only ignites with fire or electricity; obviously, we don't have the latter.Besides, dying could be fun in this RPG; it'll isolate you for a little while but it could be enlightening. :P

voidstars.png

OOC: Woah sorry. Found myself behind on school and I've missed the start of a battle :PI'm going to asume the following IC is acceptable; if not let me know if there's an error. IC: {Jonis/\Human/\Attacking a place with bad people while the sky can't make up it's mind which color to be}As soon as everything started, Jonis was immedently lost. He never expected any of this. He tried to find a place to use his crossbow so he wouldn't have to go hand-to-hand.He looked around and found it. A tree a ways away from where all the fighting was.Oh yes, that would work just fine

I am/Have been:

Thomas.Hunter

Thomas of Hunter

Valborg Svensson

ThePatronSaintOfLostCauses

I've been gone for awhile. Thought I'd come back for the new fourms.

OOC: AND THEN HE DID.IC: Boru swung his hammer straight at the girl's side, fast and hard. If she didn't move quickly, she was dead.OOC: Oh then, I suppose that'll work. :PAnd really now?Well if one of them was gonna die for a buy, it'd probably be Cairye, though Roshad's power would make more sense.So if he did die, it'd explain more about the Makers and the white things?IC: The fist connected with Cairye's nose, possible breaking it, and knocking him back a few steps. The silver-haired warlock's eyes narrowed, and he leaned forward, before leaping at Monroe to strike with his blade.

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

OOC: Guess I'll post again just to get caught upIC: {Jonis/\Human/\Up in a tree}Jonis settled himself in the tree and pulled out his crossbow with the sight. He took aim at the battlefield and started looking for anyone that wasn't human or in the Empire's uniform.It was then he realized that this was about to be very, very difficult. After a point, he noticed a girl he noticed at some point in the trip over. She was about to be hit by a man with a hammer.He took aim at the hammerman's hand, and fired hoping to distract him at least.

I am/Have been:

Thomas.Hunter

Thomas of Hunter

Valborg Svensson

ThePatronSaintOfLostCauses

I've been gone for awhile. Thought I'd come back for the new fourms.

IC: Karin let herself drop to the ground, knowing exactly what she was doing with years of experience running Revor's alleyways and rooftops. The hammer swung over her, and Karin leapt with all her might at the man. She wrapped her arms around his torso and used her weighted feet to keep them both down.

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

IC: The arrowhead made contact with the titanium-gauntleted hand, and while it did knock his swing out of position and thus take some power out of it, the hammer would still hurt if it made contact with Karin. OOC: Hit him somewhere without armor. :P Ninja'ed. IC: Boru went down with Karin, suprised at the dodge, but used his superior strength to roll over on top of her, pinning her down. He raised his armored hand for a punch, glaring fiercely at the human.

Edited by Toast of Awesomeness

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

OOCJust keep in mind, the afterlife is a no second chances sort of place; you'd be stuck there for, like, fifty pages, maybe more. It'd be out of the loop for a while. And I'd have to make sure Koth has no objections to my insane plans. Also, do remember that the whole getting back part could be cultivated and extremely tedious. And it wouldn't mean you can cheat death whenever you like; escaping the afterlife once is a miracle, twice doesn't happen. IC [Arhtok, Night] "Boy, you're dealing with someone still in his prime!" Monroe ducked, rolled, and evaded Cairye's attempts to make contact with him. He still held his sword, ready to slice Cairye through if the man tried charging him again.

voidstars.png

IC: [Marek]After scrambling down from the roof, Marek dusted off his shirt and pants then looked down the alley he'd dropped into. Unfortunately, the alley was already occupied by a group of human soldiers. His face blanched as they turned to look at him. Acting quickly, Marek, gathered sounds from the ensuing battle and quickly formed thousands of nonsequiters, each an instruction of nonsense, unrelated to the line before it. He whispered them through the closest soldiers ear in rapid succession until the man fell over, unconscious. It was a trick Marek learned from a hypnotist when he was young. It only worked on those receptive to the idea, but Marek learned that if you didn't tell people what was happening, they were always receptive. As the one soldier slumped to the ground, the other two charged, swords gleaming. One yelled, intending to frighten the pudgy teen, but Marek changed his scream into a dog's bark, tripping the soldier in his confusion. The last soldier slowed down as he approached Marek, sword extended. "You, boy! What have you done to him!?" He gestured to the unconscious soldier. Marek stared blankly at the speaker, motionless. The soldier raised his sword threateningly, "Answer me, warlock!" Marek smiled lightly. The soldier growled, "Tell me, or I shall make you wish you were never born!" Rolling his eyes, Marek, gathered sound for a response. FOOLISH HUMAN. The voice boomed from everywhere around the soldier. DO NOT THREATEN WHAT YOU DO NOT KNOW. I AM MORE THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE. I GIVE YOU ONE CHANCE TO FLEE BEFORE I STRIKE YOU DOWN WHERE YOU STAND. YOUR FRIEND HAS ALREADY FELT MY WRATH. The soldier looked all around him, searching for the voice, then he looked back at Marek. "I-I don't want to die."THEN RUN. The soldier did. Marek smiled. It was all a lie of course, he couldn't kill someone, and if the soldier had attacked him, he'd probably have died. But humans were a superstitious lot, and the average foot soldier was not as knowledgeable about warlocks as they thought they were. He walked over to the soldier who he'd scared with the bark. His face was a mess from where it hit the ground. He wouldn't be moving for awhile. Marek shook his head. People were needlessly spooked by noises.He stepped over the bodies of the two unconscious men and began searching for someone packing a little more heat with their specialty than he was.