Question About Skakdi Elemental Powers

For Skakdi to use their elemental powers, do there have to be two Skakdi of the same element, or just any two Skakdi? Also, what do Skakdi have to do to use them when they do team up?

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

I believe it just has be any two Skakd in order for the elemental powers to work, but they can just use a weapon to channel them. I don't think they have to do anything to use them, but they can combine the powers together. Here's biosector article:http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/Elemental_Powers

Edited by Power of Fire

"Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all." Tahu

"Deceit and self-interest will never be virtues the Matoran will honor!"-Vakama

"Fear is the state of mind in which we will cause our own failures."-Me

" You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villian."- Harvey Dent

So long as two Skakdi are working together, their elements don't matter. They can be the same or different, but they will still work.As for what they need to access them, I think it goes like this: They cannot use their powers until they are together with one or more other Skakdi who is/are friendly towards them, or trying to achieve the same goal. The presence and co-operation of another Skakdi acts like a catalyst to unlock their elemental powers, like the nuva symbols did for the Toa Nuva. Once that has happened, they can both use theior elements like toa until:

• They stop working together (either go their seperate ways or become enemies)
  • They get too far away from each other (I don't think there is a defined limit on this, just that they have to be close)
  • One of them gets knocked out or killed (that makes it difficult to cooperate).

ppg2.png

It doesn't matter. This is best shown in the books when Avak and Hakann created a lava/rock monster so they could fool the matoran into thinking they were Toa by "fighting" the monster. Avak is a stone Skakdi and Hakann is a fire Skakdi, and they could still use their powers.

That is correct, but the example can lead to a common misconception about Skakdis' powers. Some say that they were working together to create the monster, therefore they must focus their powers on the same object for them to work. To my knowledge, this is not true. A pair of Skakdi can be accomplishing different things with their powers, so long as they are friendly towards each other.

ppg2.png

I'm not too certain about the "friendly" part, the Piraka may as well be called the "backstabbers who only happen to be working together because they have a common goal".
They were working together, therefore they could use their powers. They weren't friendly, but as I said a few posts ago, "trying to achieve the same goal" works too. Whether the goal was to get the mask of life or just to convince the Matoran they were friendly, its still working together. I suppose you could define friendly as "not opposed to" - or for Skakdi anyway. It seems to me like for them, everyone is an enemy.

ppg2.png

Any two Skakdi can combine their powers to properly utilize them. I believe it goes something like how they can't use Kanohi, where they lack the mental capacity or discipline to do so.

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

• 1 month later...

It's a mental thing. Having a friendly Skakdi by your side doesn't sound like it would be enough, I think both would have to focus on elemental powers in particular in order to use them. Meaning, if one was just chilling and being oblivious to his friend's attempts at using his element, his/her presence wouldn't have any effect on the friend's ability. However, if he was aware, he could help, possibly without triggering his own power.EDIT: Darn, sorry. Topic revival. I am ashamed. This is what happens when I search for topics and forget I'm in the search list. :P

Edited by Katuko