How Did This Member Change His Name After Only 6 Days?

The Swimming Beard

It could be possible that the person is a Premier Member.
But they are not a Premier Member, and even if they were, Premier Members have to wait 45 days to change their name.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

The wait for Premier Members is 45 days, not 6. ninja'd by the topic-starter himselfMy only thought is that perhaps his name was changed by the staff, although I honestly see no reason why it would've been. It could have been a glitch or something as well. Edited by Orino Ryuujin

Premier Members can only change their names every 45 days, so that wouldn't be it.Anyway, this case really is quite strange. The only time names are changed that quickly is due to rule-breaking, and in those cases the name is changed back to the previous one. Neither happened in this case, oddly. Maybe the member PMed a staff member to change their name, for some reason? ~B~

You know, I don't really recall seeing the name be changed... I could be wrong, since Balta had his name differently for a good three or four months, but... I could've sworn he was still Balta a day or two ago...

You know, I don't really recall seeing the name be changed... I could be wrong, since Balta had his name differently for a good three or four months, but... I could've sworn he was still Balta a day or two ago...
No, I quite clearly recall him being Toa Balta #3 a few days ago.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

No, I quite clearly recall him being Toa Balta #3 a few days ago.
that's because he was.. note that this name change just occurred today.

Okay, then that must just be my fail memory. *sighs*When I first saw the display name history, I thought it was a glitch, but I have no clue why it would glitch like that, and just for one member...The only other possible explanation, is that when the name was 'changed' six days ago, Balta accidentally had the name autocomplete to his old name, and it was entered as that by accident, and he then had it changed to the new name via a staff member, but they don't typically do that....

0_o But, then, how did it go unnoticed for almost 3 months; and how did it actually go through in the first place...? I've tried to switch to names before, even of different casing(like a lowercase blade instead of Blade), and it wouldn't let me switch at all...

The change to Toa Balta #3 was probably done by an admin; the "B" in Balta was actually a beta, so it would have counted as an illegal character. It's possible that the forum doesn't count admin name changes as part of the 'one per X days' anymore, allowing the member to change his name on his own (but I can't say for sure); an admin probably wouldn't do a second name change like that.

I didn't realize there was a rule against foreign characters when I initially changed my display name, and one day I logged on to find that it had been reverted. The date on "You have made 1 of 1 display name changes since (date)" remained the same, so I simply changed it to something else when the time was up.

Q2TtLEz.png