Kingdom Hearts

Since there does not appear to be a topic for Kingdom Hearts here yet, I thought I would post one since I do know that there are some fans here. So yeah, this topic is for discussing the series of action role-playing games known as Kingdom Hearts, which is a series developed by Square Enix in collaboration with Disney Interactive Studios. It is a crossover series that take the settings for worlds from various Disney films and often has guest appearances from Square Enix licensed characters from Final Fantasy series and more recently the World That Ends with You characters. The series has spawned seven games so far and there still plans for more. The seven games are following:- Kingdom Hearts (Game System: Playstation 2; Year of Release: 2002) - Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories (Game System: Originally Game Boy Advance, Remastered for PS2; Year of Release: 2004 [GBA], 2008 [PS2]) - Kingdom Hearts II (Game System: Playstation 2; Year of Release: 2005) - Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days (Game System: Nintendo DS; Year of Release: 2009) - Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep (Game System: PSP; Year of Release: 2010) - Kingdom Hearts: Re-Coded (Game System: Nintendo DS; Year of Release: 2011) - Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance (Game System: Nintendo 3DS; Year of Release: 2012)Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance will be release later this month (July 20th for EU, July 29th for AU, and July 31st for NA). There also a demo out for the game in the 3DS eShop currently. So if you are slightly interest in checking out Kingdom Hearts, you might want to pick up that game or at least try out its demo. 75234033wy5.png

I love the Kingdom Hearts series, I've put in well over 100 hours each in every game in the series, still have about two sidequests left in 2 on Proud, and I still need to finish my KH Proud file.Anyways, I'm very excited for KH3D, I've already preordered the Mark of Mastery Edition. That game's going to be awesome.

My only problem with BBS is that every character has their own save file, which makes switching characters slow and annoying, but each character's storyline can be completed in about five hours if you try. And you have to install the game on your memory stick for it not to load painfully slow.And I just watched the E3 booth interview with Tai Yasue (the director of KH3D) on the Nintendo Channel on my Wii (shows how much I use that, the videos probably been up for a long time), and he described KH3D as KH2 + BBS on steroids. :P And now I want that game even more.

Edited by Terminus

Aaaaah finally a topic for this.I'm almost done with Terra's story on BBS; just getting the treasures and stickers and whatnot before hitting up the graveyard. Darn fine storytelling so far, though Terra's voice isn't always the most pleasant. That said, Leonard Nimoy is the best. So glad I bought a PSP to play this.3D sounds absolutely fantastic, so I'll need to get it (and a 3DS) when it comes out.

I've played KH2, Re:Com, Days and Re:Coded, and currently waiting for DDD.I've played the demo for DDD and the new mechanics seem pretty sweet :D unfortunately, due to the large gap in the release dates I couldn't help but spoil myself on the story. Kind of regret it now...but eh, thats life.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

I didn't find any of the final bosses in BBS to be too difficult on either Normal or Proud. Except the final final boss once you complete all the storylines, the first time I tried it.And I've still yet to beat the Lingering Sentiment and Mysterious Figure... And attempt critical mode...And I like how CoM tricks you into thinking Marluxia is the final boss. He's only the halfway boss! Surprise! But Riku's mode is actually much better than Sora's in my opinion.

Yeah, I'm on Proud, but I think I might be a tad underleveled. Plus, I've been using mostly dark attacks, and I spaced that Xehanort has dark resistance. Also, I suck at blocking, so I should really just stop trying that and go on the offensive.Been messing around with the Melding Commands feature too, and finally getting some good stuff. I love the command decks of BBS.Also, there's a final final boss? Excellent...

In my humble opinion (pff, humble, yeah right) there is exactly one and only one problem with the series, and that is the number of consoles it's on. The actual games are just amazing.H-D

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

Meh, the number of consoles the entire series is on isn't really too big, you can play the whole series on PS2, PSP, and 3DS. Although I have a ton of systems (at least 10 or so?), and have everything a KH game has been released on, so I don't see it as a problem.The real problem is that 3 is taking so long, and won't start until after Final Fantasy Versus XIII is released. Which could be anywhere from 1-100 years.

Fact: you can beat the first part final final boss just by blocking. Seriously, I did that once. It's pretty easy, though, since you're playing as Aqua, and reflect is the best blocking ability in the whole series.
Haha, unsurprising. The entire Braig fight was won by blocking, and realistically Xehanort should be pretty easy to beat with blocking too (if I wasn't terrible at it).
In my humble opinion (pff, humble, yeah right) there is exactly one and only one problem with the series, and that is the number of consoles it's on. The actual games are just amazing.H-D
I like the diversity. It gives fanboys less of a chance to gripe. Plus, it shows the versatility of both the systems and the developers themselves.However, the money involved in buying each system is quite a pain in the butt. The 3DS will be the toughest one.

I've tried the Dream Drop Distance demo, and I Iove it. The Flowmotion system is a bit confusing at first, but after you get the hang of it, you have a ton of fun. Combat is great, especially with Flowmotion. Flying around the entire map is fun too. :POh, and does anyone want to change their name to Organization XIII members? Then check out this blog post!

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

• 2 weeks later...

Just beat Ventus' story. Did it on Proud, but realistically I could have done it on Critical; maybe the leveling curve was more generous, but it was just way easier (compared to Terra's) for whatever reason. I'll probably give Aqua a shot on Critical, just to step it up a bit.Vanitas' appearance made no sense whatsoever, until I looked it up. It STILL doesn't make much sense, and sure as heck wasn't explained anywhere in the game. However, it's still an interesting thing, I suppose.Also probably going to pre-order KH3D at some point, because the MoM edition is only available on Best Buy at the moment (although they have a good deal on it, so yeah).

Who else was excited for Final Fantasy Versus XIII!!!Well apparently, Versus has been cancelled. I'm honestly quite unhappy, but there's one good thing about it: Kingdom Hearts 3.Because honestly, we've been waiting for KH3 longer than versus, plus they seem to have the same gameplay. KH3 will probably just be less realistic and have much less blood than Versus XIII, but otherwise, mostly the same.

It will more than likely be for at least the PS3, 360 is a bit less likely...Anyways, it would be awesome if KH3 was built on the remains of FFVXIII. Which wouldn't surprise me.And you can forget about seeing anything of KH3 soon. Turns out that the Versus rumors were false (which I was kinda expecting), and we'll apparently hear more at the FFXIII thing in a couple of months. Although I'm disappointed that I got my hopes up for KH3 for nothing.

Edited by III. Xaldin

This topic is way more awesome now.Also were the Versus rumors fake? I understood that they were unfounded rumors, but I didn't see any particularly contrary piece of evidence yet. I can't really imagine KH3 not being on the PS3 (it might be on the Wii U as well, but who knows), but it is a possibility. SE did recently mention some dissatisfaction with how long the console gen is lasting, so... maybe they're just waiting for the new one? =/Anyhow. Playing Aqua's story on Critical, mostly done with it. Managed to meld EXP Walker early in the game, so leveling hasn't been a problem. I keep getting stuck on Iron Imprisoner II in the Mirage Arena for some reason, even though none of the incarnations gave me any particular trouble in previous games, but ah well. Also started using the command board a lot more this time; I should have given it more than a cursory play with Terra and Ventus. Looking forward to the final episodes and all.

Well, the site that started the Versus rumor isn't really trusted much with rumors, and a more reliable source claimed that Versus wasn't dead, and was going to be shown at the FFXIII event and TGS. So basically we have a more reliable source going against the less reliable one, but there's nothing official from Squeenix. I wouldn't be surprised if Versus didn't get canceled, but completed, and they are staying quiet on its progress until their FFXIII event or TGS soon.

Cool cool. I was actually kind of looking forward to Versus (it's been too long since I've bought a FF game) but we'll see what happens either way.Regardless, still powering through Aqua's story. I beat Vanitas on Neverland with a single shotlock, so I think I'm pretty solid, level-wise XP.I was going to pre-order the Mark of Mastery edition for KH3D, but it appears to be sold out everywhere, sadly. If anybody knows of a place that it's still up for pre-order, that'd be cool to know. If not, I'll just wait until the game comes out, and probably buy the regular edition anyway.

Best Buy has it as of two days ago, I think. Haven't checked since, though.And beating Vanitas with one Shotlock on Critical? I had a hard enough time with that battle on normal my first time (but I was waaay underleveled...).Anyways I need to get back to BBS... Still don't have the secret ending, only one I haven't unlocked...

I checked a little while ago, and they were out. Sad day, but I figure it'll be in stores (not that I can get to a Gamestop until, like, two weeks after it's released...) so I can try and grab something then.Yeah, I think at this point I'm pretty overleveled. EXP Walker made things a lot easier once I got it, and I've been melding like an alchemist, so I have some decent commands. I've been having a blast with BBS, and it was worth buying a PSP for. With the way everything is going, I should be able to unlock the secret ending, though I forget all of the requirements.

Yeah, my friend convinced me to wait so I could preorder both at the same time, since I'm the one who does the online shopping... So looks like I won't be getting the MoM edition... Anyways, I'll still be getting the preorder bonuses, and I don't mind not having the MoM edition, as there's really nothing too special besides the case, AR cards (which you can get of the Internet very easily, as I've found out with Kid Icarus), and art cards, I usually prefer soundtracks/artbooks in limited editions (Final Fantasy XIII-2 is an example of a really good LE).

I'm glad my more mature Kingdom Hearts hasn't been cancelled. Now Squeenix needs to release it, or at least hold me over with a NA release of Type-0.Anyways, an idea came to me when I started a Critical Ven file in BBS, what if the HD KH games looked like the prerendered movies? That would be pretty cool, in my opnion.

If the Agni's Philosophy tech demo is anything to go by, it's not out of their reach. I'm cautiously pro more pre-rendering, but they always make Sora look really weird for the intro videos and pre-rendered segments, so... I can take or leave it.

All the minigames in BBS are pretty bad, IMO. The Winnie the Pooh worlds in KH 1&2 had fantastic minigames. And then there's also the skateboards.Anyways, there was a KH3D launch event today at Nintendo World Store in New York. Would've loved to have gone, but I had no way to get myself there...

Edited by III. Xaldin

Haha, most of the minigames were designed fairly well, even if you did have to work past a few quirks in the gameplay, but fruitball was more of a test of patience and how badly (or not) the AI will screw up, allowing you to get a word in edgewise. But yeah, most didn't compare to the Winnie the Pooh games; those were fun. The Command Board ended up being pretty rad, though.And yeah, that event looked fun. Hopefully there will be coverage of it on a fansite or something.Also I managed to snag a MoM edition from Amazon when they restocked. I still don't have a 3DS yet, but... details, details. I'm definitely looking forward to playing KH3D.Also also I'm dallying on Aqua's story before the Keyblade Graveyard. I'd at least like to get through Mirage Arena first (though Iron Imprisoner IV is one tough cookie on Critical), and nab the Ultima Keyblade. But that requires leveling up, since I'm not QUITE ready to take him on yet (and definitely not the upgraded version on Villain's Vendetta). So... EXP grinding, here I come.

So, I beat KH2 years ago and just yesterday discovered the Paradox Cups, I didn't even know they existed before. So far I've done the first three.Edit: Also, anyone know a good way to gain levels in Re:coded? I still don't have the Ultima Weapon in that game yet and I'm going to need to level up a lot to be able to get it I think.Edit again: Hey look, this name is untaken. =o

Edited by Xehanort

3DS FC: 0216 - 1922 - 2231

I use the Avatar Sector, great way to gain levels. I have all 100 floors, if you need more floors, any DS wireless signal will give you one (multiplayer from any other DS, DS demos in the Wii's Nintendo channel, etc), also use the cheats to max out EXP gain and go to the entrance to the Coliseum. And make sure all your level chips are in the bonus areas of the stat matrix.And I only need to do a few things in KH2's Paradox Cups and one skateboard mission to 100% my proud file.