Kingdom Hearts

I don't know why, but I find the bosses in the Kingdom Hearts more enjoyable (minus Vexen, Spellican and a few others) than those in Final Fantasy.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Sooooo I've been playing KH3D for the past few days since I was lucky enough to get a 3DS XL. Great game, but the inversion of o and x from the Playstation is absolutely killing me. I can adapt on any other DS game you care to mention, but it's seriously breaking my playing here.That said, it's a super fun game. Maybe it's the weird time warp stuff, or maybe it's coming fresh off of BBS, but it just feels way more cartoony and less heavy than some of the other installments. Definitely tailor-made for the Nintendo crowd, in both gameplay and story, but it's refreshing to play it overall. I love that it's basically doing Pokemon better than Pokemon. I'm constantly finding new things to explore about the game, which is good. I'm a few worlds in, so not too far yet.The trophies bum me out, though, I must say. More specifically, the fact that you need to unlock critical mode by playing all other modes first. Seriously, as much as I love the game, playing it four times over is going to wear it out for me.

Okay last night I had a dream....About the new kingdom hearts 3. Game....There were two games... Mainly having sora. One had him in a limbo of white, the other in a dark corridor killing Mickey with the keyblade....It said choose your path...Weird...Anywho, I have to agree, this game was like someone you knew wearing something different or wearing make up that you don't recongnize it. I loved it, but I was sad when you didn't have goofy Donald and Mickey on your side, and how cool would have it been to have Quasimodo, Quora, Neku in your party as well?That was my only disappointment in this game, I missed the old party thing.

Edited by IX. Dymex

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Anyway, earlier we where talking about square enix mangas joining the KH universe,So which anime/mangas would you want in the game?

I would love to see these in the game series:Soul EaterFull Metal AlchemistOne Piece Undertown (It's a manga)

One Piece isn't SE, so I don't see that happening anytime soon =P.I'd love to see FMA, but I think it might be a little heavy for the overall subject matter (then again, TWEWY could have been too). If they could squeeze FMA in, that would be hilariously awesome, especially since I'd love to see a Keyblade for that.On the related topic, what Disney worlds do you think we'll see for KH3?

Well earlier I thought of the following:WastelandRapunzel's worldHawaii ((Lilo and Stitch) Because I don't know what name they could use instead)Narnia

I can forgive it precisely because it was never officially announced. It was assumed that there would be a follow-up, and indeed there will, but high fanboy expectation is exactly why people consider the length of release time to be "long" when in reality, we were never told anything about it.

I'll be honest, I'm not like those fanboys who is so whinny about KHIII, I'm just happy we got DDD.Plus, I am easily impressed about the new game. It has the best graphics and gameplay on the 3Ds, which amazing considering how Nintendo seems to be the only one whose games have epic graphics on their gaming systems.

My sentiments exactly. Square never even announced a KH3, and I never understood why people didn't just focus on the games they were giving us. I really think Nomura needs to make an announcement that if people don't stop whining, he won't make a KH3. That or stall even longer. :P

Square never officially announced KH3, but Nomura's said it'll come after Versus comes out, which is the second reason people are complaining about Versus taking an eternity to come out, after the fact that it actually looks like an awesome FF game. Hopefully, we'll get a Versus release date at TGS, then possibly a KH3 teaser at E3 2013.And I think that FMA is a bit too mature for KH, possibly along with Black Butler, Soul Eater seems to be a bit more suited for KH, IMO.

I have no 3DS and do not at all intend to get one, so I’ll content myself with watching videos and reading spoilers. :P But I do have a question, out of mere curiosity. What’s the gameplay like, between Riku and Sora? Do you play only as Sora, or does it shift periodically, or can you switch at will?Anyway, I started spoiling things with the secret ending. Where else? Therefore, if you haven’t seen it, I would suggest you not open the tags below.

It looks like matters are working up to what could be the greatest Kingdom Hearts yet. Keyblade war, the power of seven, the many faces of Xehanort.Speaking of whom, he only gets weirder by the minute. Here we have a young version from the past? Is that the antagonist from Birth by Sleep, who got sucked into the Realm of Darkness? Did that somehow freeze him in stasis and clone him? And, on a different note, was that Aqua we saw on the shore in that aforementioned land of shadow?13 Xehanorts. Seven Keyblade bearers. Sora, of course, Riku, Kairi, Mickey, Lea. Roxas is back, so I hear; does he still have a keyblade, or does that just count as Sora’s? And what about Vestus's and Aqua's blade? If I'm not mistaken, Riku got Terra's. That was when Riku got his good looks*, right?Yes, I know, I'm a bit out of the circle. The last game I played was KHII. Sad that that so much can be lost between numbers two and three.Anyway, if you ask me, destiny (A.K.A.) Square Enix’s writers) has something special up their sleeves for Sora, and that’s why he failed the test. Just what is that? Maybe he’ll wield the X-blade against the Xehanorts. Whatever it is, this is going to be good.* If you don't get it, I mean he became 'Ansem.

Sincrely, Nuile: Lunatic Wordsmith

:smilemirunu:

Edited by My Name is Nuile

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

tumblr_meb7408mTy1r4ejnio1_1280.gif

I know I am ready to start my voyage.

A Musing Author . . . Want to read my books?

Yea I have to agree, there is a great reason for Sora loosing the mark of mastery.Maybe he does get to wield the X-blade. I have a feeling the dream eaters could be a summon.

You will switch between Sora and Riku over time as the drop gauge (which I'm sure you've seen if you've seen any gameplay) depletes and hits zero, or you can do it at will.Anyways, on your spoilers:

Young Xehanort is the Mysterious Figure secret boss from BBS. And the literal time travel stuff is KH as it's most confusing, really. You have four different versions of the exact same person all in the same place, and it gets complicated.And Roxas isn't really back, he was just in a dream, that's all, although the return of him and Xion seems possible. And there are actually 8 good keyblade weilders now (which makes it even more confusing), Sora, Riku, Kairi, Mickey, Lea, Ven, Terra, and Aqua, which makes everything more confusing, although I wonder if one of them (I'm thinking possibly Mickey) isn't one of the seven guardians.Anyways, I totally think Sora might go over to the dark side, I'd love that. Anyways, that is what happened to the last guy to fail the MoM test.

Terra is still sorta possessed by Xehanort, so I don't think we can count him. My understanding is that Xehanort fused his heart with Terra's, so Ansem and Xemnas would be made of the composite heart, body, and soul of Terra/Xehanort, and the upcoming revived Xehanort will probably also be a combination. But maybe they'll find a way to seperate them again and bring Terra back to normal? Either way, they'll probably want a full team not counting Terra just to be sure. Think of him as the Sixth Ranger. :P

• 2 weeks later...

You know, Sora turning traitor actually could be pretty awesome. Imagine him battling the six other keyblade bearers and defeating them. And then he uses the X-blade to defeat Xehanort and his four "me, myself, and I"s and destroy the darkness once and for all, killing himself in the process. Something like that. That could be pretty great.

Sincerely, Nuile: Lunatic Wordsmith

:smilemirunu:

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

tumblr_meb7408mTy1r4ejnio1_1280.gif

I know I am ready to start my voyage.

A Musing Author . . . Want to read my books?

So, mostly done with KH3D at this point. Just trying to beat the secret boss up now. He's not supremely tough, but it's tough to keep a lock on him.Edit: Soooo much easier once you disable Sonic Impact. No lag between dodges? Yes please. Anyhow, got pretty much everything done at this point. Need some affinity ups for the trophy, but since all of that carries over into a new game, it'll be a cinch to start a new Critical game and just develop from there.That said, I think I'll wait until the Circle Pad Pro XL gets released to start a new game on Critical. Need to start playing some other games, anyhow.

Edited by VIII. Axel

I can't really see Sora going bad because, well... He's Sora. He's too nice.:P

Well, I haven't been on this topic for a while. I feel like 3D doesn't have enough stuff to do after you're done with it except unlock a few Keyblades that are worse than the ones you already have. =/

3DS FC: 0216 - 1922 - 2231

I still need to work for that =P. Beaten Sephiroth before on KH2, but I think that was on standard. Gotta replicate that on Proud.Anyhow, I thought KH3D was fun. Through procrastination (and my tendency to leave the game on when called to do other tasks around the house), I've already accumulated some 100 hours on it, so not too bad at all =P. As I said before, definitely designed for the Nintendo crowd; not quite as hardcore as some of the other games, but still a simple, fun experience. I do wish there was another secret boss, but I'm more than satisfied with what we got.Definitely wonder what's coming next though. I predict something for the Vita in two or so years, maybe HD remakes for the PS3, and then KH3 on the PS4 (maybe Wii U?).

A straight-up port would be an interesting idea (it would definitely make some good money), but I'm not sure how I feel about the PS2 ports on PS3, as I can get the physical PS2 disc incredibly easily and for the same price/cheaper (plus I prefer the physical disc, anyways). My money would be on an HD version, which would most likely have Trophies.Anyways, they could have straight-up ported FFX, but they opted to rerender everything in HD, I'd think they'd do the same for KH.

And there is that theoretical hint at the end of KH3D, which could be interpreted (at a stretch) as an implication of remakes. Hopefully they would include some Final Mix stuff, like those extra bosses and whatnot. But yeah, I prefer physical discs too, but even if it's a remake, it'll still likely be digital. It's definitely a hope, I'd just appreciate some kind of announcement =P.Anyhow, still trying to beat the Unknown from Birth By Sleep, and still failing. Got everything else done, but I just can't seem to get rid of one last health bar for this guy...

The secret message. Says:

"The past will be reawakened as a new number in never-before-seen detail. Prepare yourself for the awakening of the next number."

Obviously refers to KHIII, but could be interpreted as remakes. Like I said, it's a stretch, but hey. If they can, why not?

The whole

"The past will be awakened" and "Never-before-seen detail"

things seem to point to a remake, and I don't think it would be such a crazy idea (but I think it'd be unlikely) if they made a super-enhanced Final Mix ++ Version, to add a little extra content and move the story along.

Oh, now I see what you mean.Meeeeeeh...personally, I don't see the point of HD remakes...or HD in general, really. Not that I'd complain about a remake, especially if it included new content--in that case I might even buy it. But I'm more focused on seeing how the series moves forward, be it KHIII or a ton of other games that continue the story but are never named "KHIII" in order to spite those people who ignore every non-numbered KH game....I mean, uh...Look, Tokyo Game Show is coming up! :D

At this point, a remake or rerelease is almost nessecary- the story has gotten so dang confusing that you won't be able to follow the story unless you've at least played the core games, and as the series is still going strong after ten years, rereleasing the console games would be a good way to introduce new fans to the series, and give them the most important chunk of the story that doesn't need any other games to be understood- and of course, I'd like a reason to replay those games.

I'd like it, but I also wouldn't call it a necessity. The story has gotten pretty confusing, but I would probably pin more of that blame on the handheld games. Master Xehanort hasn't actually appeared in a console version yet, for instance =P.On that note, I'm so glad Leonard Nimoy reprised the role for KH3D. I thought I had read somewhere that he wouldn't come back for KH3D, but then he did, and it was amaaaaazing.But yeah, Tokyo Game Show. Better be some news.

Edited by VIII. Axel

Yes, Leonard Nimoy...unpopular opinion time.Personally, I don't think he should have been cast as Master Xehanort. I will admit that I have a bias favoring Japanese voice actors in most cases, but in this case specifically I question the casting. Master Xehanort is insane, over-dramatic, flailing his arms all over the place and shouting all the time...not someone who seems like a Vulcan. I've got nothing against Leonard Nimoy, I'm just thinking that he wasn't the best choice for this specific part. (Of course, Xehanrot was less dramatic in 3D, so that minimized it, but...I liked how overdramatic he was in BBS. D: )

I thought it worked great, personally. Nimoy has this great understated sense of malice. If you watch Fringe, he plays a part-time villain on there, and he can just be absolutely diabolical. The arm flailing didn't mesh all the time, but I appreciated him more than any sort of generic voice actor that I could think of, and he definitely committed to the role.

Woah... you're respecting my opinion? This place has hope after all!But yeah, I definitely get how some people might not like him, I've just always had a soft spot for Nimoy portraying villains.Speaking of voicing, though, you gotta wonder how the voice acting would go for remakes. Obviously they can just give Sora whatever age range voice they want, as seen in KH3D, but part of the charm the original games had was the fact that you could notice a development, as the voice actors all matured a bit between installations.

Edited by VIII. Axel

In my opinion, Nimoy wasn't the best choice, but his performances as Xehanort were very good. I liked him better in BBS than 3D, but there could have much worse choices, and I can't think of anyone off the top of my head who would have done much better.On another note, I really like Ansem the Wise's voice actors, although maybe that's because Count Dooku is one of my favorite characters from the Star Wars prequels, and both of his VAs have been Dooku (Christopher Lee in the moveis, and Corey Burton in the Clone Wars series).And as far as remakes go... Haley Joel Osment as young Sora is just painful. They either need to just use the original KHFM voice track, and possibly get a new VA to replace him for new parts, or just entirely redo everything with Sora with a new VA. On the other hand, Osment is a great fit for the older 16-17 Sora from KHII and 3D (although someone else really should have done younger Dream Sora.).

Edited by III. Xaldin

And as far as remakes go... Haley Joel Osment as young Sora is just painful. They either need to just use the original KHFM voice track, and possibly get a new VA to replace him for new parts, or just entirely redo everything with Sora with a new VA. On the other hand, Osment is a great fit for the older 16-17 Sora from KHII and 3D (although someone else really should have done younger Dream Sora.).
I agree with you wholeheartedly. It's just really weird having Sora in a young body with an older-ish voice. I think it would be idea to get a new VA just for younger Sora.

Yeah, if anything, it would probably be best just get a new VA for Sora and probably Kairi.All hypothetically, of course. We don't know if these remakes are fo rizzle.Also I didn't know Corey Burton voiced Dooku in Clone Wars (haven't watched much of it), lol. That's a fun coincidence. I wish Christopher Lee would come back for Ansem, but Corey Burton did okay in 3D. In BBS, his voice was exactly like his Yen Sid one, which was whack. Also a little jarring in 3D, but he adapted it a bit better. They just need to stop throwing Ansem into scenes that are right after ones with Yen Sid =P.