Kingdom Hearts

Ditto right there

Edited by IX. Dymex

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Yeah, so I started looking through my Kingdom Hearts manga volumes, and remembered how horrible of an adaption they are... They completely cut out Haloween Town and Deep Jungle, and then the took the entire Ansem battle and cut it down to about ten pages, and half of that was him transforming into the World of Darkness. And he was defeated without Sora attacking once...Anyways, the series is readable, I want to get the 2 Chain of Memories volumes (one is Sora's half, the other is Riku's) and the two released KH2 volumes, which I hope are as mediocre or slightly better than the KH adaptation.

I've been keeping busy with watching videos of the game, and the secret message most likely hints at a KH1 HD remake, at least, but HD collections are the thing nowadays, so I wouldn't be surprised with 1/CoM/2 in a single package. but the entire universe has been speculating that since before 3D even came out, anyways, probably because 3D is supposed to be the last new KH game before KH3.Anyways, according to Amazon's tracking, my copies haven't even shipped yet. However, a separate order I placed at the same time (Saturday morning) hasn't shipped either, so I'm assuming that's an error and everything has shipped (this has happened a few times before, as I use Amazon quite a lot.).

Edited by III. Xaldin

I haven't even played the first Kingdom Hearts. I actually got KH2 first, so my first playthrough of that was pretty confusing.:P
(yes I know I'm being slow in replying to this)I actually thought KH2 did a great job of bringing the player up to speed based on past games. Some stuff like Maleficent kinda fell by the wayside in terms of explanation, but I had forgotten a lot of Chain of Memories, and the Journal system in KH2 helped with the gaps in my memory.Anyhow. Enjoy your KH3D's, people. I'll have a few weeks until I get access to it, at least, so I'm looking forward to that.

Amazon finally updated the shipping info, my copies should be here Thursday. Now I just have to sleep through tomorrow. :PAnd anyone else notice in the opening how Sora and Riku are using Oathkeeper and Oblivion in the Xemnas battle? I believe that's the first time they're shown without their default weapons in an FMV (besides the part where Riku used Roxas's Oblivion in Days).Oh, and also THERE'S A TWEWY KEYBLADE!!! I know what keyblade I'll be using for most of the game...

Edited by III. Xaldin

^No idea, I can't even figure out where to go to scan the cards. -_-Edit: Figured it out, scanned the cards. I got Sudo Neku from the card you mentioned so it's possible. Might be random.Anyway, thoughts after playing some of KH3D1. Holy graphics, Batman!2. Flowmotion is awesome!3. The drop system isn't nearly as annoying as I thought it would be.4. It's great having dream eaters follow me around because unlike Donald and Goofy, they don't talk. :P5. I should really play TWEWY sometime.Overall, out of the games I've played (II, Re:CoM, Days, RE:coded) this is definitely the best one. Even better than KHII, which would make it my new favorite game I guess. :P Buying a 3DS just for this game was totally worth it.

Edited by Xehanort

3DS FC: 0216 - 1922 - 2231

Argh, guess I'll keep trying then... Gonna try out the R&R Seal one for a while at least.I've only played a little bit because I got distracted by the Olympics last night lol. But so far...

• GRAPHICS! You're right, they're beautiful. I love the cutscenes and the opening cinematic was gorgeous.
  • Flowmotion is confusing. When using it out of battle, I don't seem to be able to get anywhere. In battle, though, it's nice and quick and does do a lot of damage. Which is good because I'm playing on Proud and have already died once...
  • I haven't experienced a Drop yet, but that's prooobably because I've spent most of my time just messing with my Spirits.
  • Speaking of - talked a little bit with a RL friend about this and I pretty much agree with him... Having to literally and extensively interact with your Spirits to unlock abilities is incredibly frustrating. It seems like it will take away from the regular gameplay way too much. On a side note, being able to get Cure so soon because of my Spirit was cool though...
    • I think my R&R Seal hates me though. :(
    • Anyone actually naming theirs? I did with the first two but once I got to my third - the seal - I just couldn't think of anything good lol.

It's fun so far, but I haven't gotten into it enough yet to rank it amongst all the other KH games I've played.But at the very least there's no way it could ever be worse than CoM. ;)~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Man, I must be terrible at this. I've died like 8 times and I'm only playing on Standard.:PHaving to interact with the Spirits is somewhat annoying, but hey, at least everything else makes up for it. Also, have you been able to scan the card with the Spirit symbol? It seems like my 3DS isn't reading it.

I think the spirit symbol is the AR stand. And yes, the card with the three spirits is completely random.Anyways, I might even get it today! Seems like it'll be quite fun!Oh, and is there any equipment other than Keyblades (rings, charms, bangles etc.)?

Yeah the Spirit symbol card isn't anything special.So the three spirits card is random? Now... is it completely random as in I can just keep reading and backing out or does somethingin your save file decide what it will be, with certain odds for one of the three? Because I just could not get anything but the panda last night. I'll keep trying tonight after work though.Also, I'm still in Traverse Town. xP~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

Yeah the Spirit symbol card isn't anything special.So the three spirits card is random? Now... is it completely random as in I can just keep reading and backing out or does somethingin your save file decide what it will be, with certain odds for one of the three? Because I just could not get anything but the panda last night. I'll keep trying tonight after work though.Also, I'm still in Traverse Town. xP~|ET|~
I think that the cards packaged have a set Dream Eater, but the cards themselves are packaged at random. So, if I'm correct, you're stuck with the panda. Sorry.

Rinzler is fun yet really tough... Although I do think I'm underleveled, The Grid is Lv. 14 and Sora is barely Lv. 12... At least I've already maxed out my HP Boosts, working on Leaf Bracer now, since that's where he (and everyone else) always gets me...

So how's everyone feeling about KH3D?I'm kinda saving my money for my probable upgrade to the 3DS XL, but my friend's been raving about the game since yesterday, so I'm starting to get tempted...

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

I haven't played KH or BBS but out of all the other ones 3D is by far the best IMO.Aaand these bosses are still kicking my butt. Time for some level grinding I guess. Anyone know of any ways to boost XP in this game?

Edited by Xehanort

Don't have any EXP boosting things yet, although I wonder if there's EXP walker? That's a pretty helpful ability.And I just defeated Rinzler, no problem with Leaf Bracer. But I did it in bonus time, with about a second left, I like Bonus Time a lot because it adds a sense of urgency, but I hate when it ends during boss battles and you have to start them over...

Yeah, it made me pretty mad when I got the Spellican down to a tenth of a health bar and then dropped. Also, what's EXP Walker? I think I've heard it's in BBS but I haven't played that so I don't know about it.

Edited by Xehanort

Still getting that stupid panda...You guys are also making me scared of Tron's world. I keep getting killed by normal Nightmares in Notre Dame. >_< Then again, I'm also on Proud mode. But still. Trying to level grind Riku right now.I might want to invest in more than on Spirit with him too... haha. I just don't like how the ones I have recipes look.Speaking of Spirits - does anyone know what's up with that frog Spirit you fought in the cathedral? That guy was weird. :blink:~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

The rest of Tron's world isn't bad, it's just Rinzler really. And I didn't fight a frog spirit in the cathedral, but I found one in Symphony of Sorcery, and yes, he is weird.Edit: Jeez, how many final bosses does this game have?!Edit again: I just beat the game. Have I been playing this too much? :blink:

Edited by Xehanort

My friend's been complaining about some GIANT ENEMY CRABS he had to deal with early on. Anybody else having issues with those? :P

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

Yeah, it's nothing special. I'd have liked maybe a FMV secret ending, like with 1 and 2, but they wouldn't do that in a handheld game. However, there are so many messages in the game pointing towards a KH HD remake. That's the interesting part. And it's already been confirmed that the next KH game will be on a console, anyways (finally!).Anyways, who else thinks Shibuya from TWEWY might be in KH3? It might be likely, especially given

Neku's invitation to Sora.

I think Shibuya would be kinda out of place, honestly. I mean, there were Final Fantasy characters in other games, but not final Fantasy worlds. Also, Shibuya was obviously not made by Disney. I guess it's possible though, just highly unlikely.

I'm at the Anti Black Coat Nightmare, it's pretty hard... Although I believe I'm super underleveled, I get killed almost instantly if I run into random nightmares.And if anyone thinks they're playing the game too much... See my Activity Log Stats :P :Play Time: 19:46Times Played: 2Average Play Time: 9:53First Played: 8/2/2012Last Played: 8/3/2012Yeah... I'm on vacation and have absolutely nothing better to do. :P

Edited by III. Xaldin