Kingdom Hearts

Yeah, if anything, it would probably be best just get a new VA for Sora and probably Kairi.All hypothetically, of course. We don't know if these remakes are fo rizzle.Also I didn't know Corey Burton voiced Dooku in Clone Wars (haven't watched much of it), lol. That's a fun coincidence. I wish Christopher Lee would come back for Ansem, but Corey Burton did okay in 3D. In BBS, his voice was exactly like his Yen Sid one, which was whack. Also a little jarring in 3D, but he adapted it a bit better. They just need to stop throwing Ansem into scenes that are right after ones with Yen Sid =P.
Yeah, it can get kind of confusing with characters that have the exact same voice actors. :P Out of curiousity, did Riku and YMX sound extremely similar? I know they both had David Gallagher as their voice actors, and since I don't have KH3D, I wanted to see if it was weird when they were talking to each other.On another note, Tokyo Game Show starts in about two hours, so maybe there may or may not be some Kingdom Hearts-related thing there. What do you guys think?

They got a new VA (Benjamin Diskin) for YMX in KH3D, it was only Gallagher for Birth By Sleep.Anyhow, I hope there will be some new KH things at the Tokyo Game Show. If nothing else, I think they'll probably be able to contextualize what we'll see in the future with a timetable or whatever based around what they're showing.

I'm gonna get this just because I KNOW I can get the platinum trophy.Anyways, according to initial, it also seems like Days might not be a playable game, but rather only the cutscenes from Days might be in this, just redone in HD. Which would be really lame, I DON'T want to get 2 KH games and then a KH movie (although a KH movie could be pretty cool)...

Well, I don't have a PS3, so... *shrug*Also, Square announced a Kingdom Hearts PC browser online game. Since the site with the news has Forums, I'll just quote it:

Players will control their own hero, there are a variety of Disney Worlds you will be able to adventure on the browser.In the game, cards will be used to promote strategic battle, you can stand up to enemies and sometimes you can cooperate with your friends. The KINGDOM HEARTS series so far has introduced a new system with no sense.In the adventure, the contents are also packed with collection of items you can get. It has become a work that can be enjoyed for a long time.< Story > In a world of fairy tales, The world was filled with light, That light has been embraced and rised to a variety of worlds, The source of light, Kingdom Hearts, the key to protect it, χ-blade. As long as there is, it is believed the worlds will be in light eternally. However, the strong light casts shadows that give birth to darkness. Darkness evokes the desire of anxiety and fear. Darkness is hidden in the depths of hearts and chaos has began to spread in the worlds. To pay for the spreading darkness, those who want to create the χ-blade must make a key that models after it. This has started a round-the-world adventure.< System > You can use the PC browser to play, it is the series's first time to create a social game. The player can become a hero, customize your avatar, and explore a variety of Disney Worlds. Discover and collect materials in various locations, overcome the battle system with your card collection, a whole new element is expanded in the game. You will enjoy cooperating with your friends against enemies.
So, looks like it could be set during the Keyblade War? I hope so--that would be pretty epic. Edited by V. Lexaeus

Indeed. Plus, I actually have a spare school computer (long story) where I can just devote a lot of memory to the game, so... heck, I'm in. Not to mention I'm sure a lot of people here would be into it, so we can form a roving gang of BZPers, or something.Also I finally beat the Unknown in BBS with Aqua, after some level grinding. Now, of course, I'll need to do it with the other characters... but I'm definitely better at this point, having done it once.

Edited by VIII. Axel

I'm not convinced about this browser game, mainly because it's a social game, and 99% of those are rather bad... If anything, I'd hope it's like SE's Knights of the Crystals (Which shut down earlier this year), which was kinda fun.Either way, I doubt it'd have too much influence on the plot... Or that it would have much of a plot at all.Also, on KHHD: 1.5 is the new number. Noticed that this morning. =P

Edited by III. Xaldin

Well, I don't have a PS3, so... *shrug*Also, Square announced a Kingdom Hearts PC browser online game. Since the site with the news has Forums, I'll just quote it:
Players will control their own hero, there are a variety of Disney Worlds you will be able to adventure on the browser.In the game, cards will be used to promote strategic battle, you can stand up to enemies and sometimes you can cooperate with your friends. The KINGDOM HEARTS series so far has introduced a new system with no sense.In the adventure, the contents are also packed with collection of items you can get. It has become a work that can be enjoyed for a long time.< Story > In a world of fairy tales, The world was filled with light, That light has been embraced and rised to a variety of worlds, The source of light, Kingdom Hearts, the key to protect it, χ-blade. As long as there is, it is believed the worlds will be in light eternally. However, the strong light casts shadows that give birth to darkness. Darkness evokes the desire of anxiety and fear. Darkness is hidden in the depths of hearts and chaos has began to spread in the worlds. To pay for the spreading darkness, those who want to create the χ-blade must make a key that models after it. This has started a round-the-world adventure.< System > You can use the PC browser to play, it is the series's first time to create a social game. The player can become a hero, customize your avatar, and explore a variety of Disney Worlds. Discover and collect materials in various locations, overcome the battle system with your card collection, a whole new element is expanded in the game. You will enjoy cooperating with your friends against enemies.
So, looks like it could be set during the Keyblade War? I hope so--that would be pretty epic.
Also, on KHHD: 1.5 is the new number. Noticed that this morning. =P
mother_of_god-s233x249-341301.jpgToo much want! Too much want! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:I really really want to play that PC game and get the new collection (if it comes out for the US). Must get!Now the question is, what worlds would be in the PC game? Hopefully something from Atlantis- I've been wanting a world based off Atlantis ever since Kingdom Hearts II came out. Edited by Toa Xemnas of Crystal

I'd like Atlantis if only because it might introduce GOOD underwater combat. We've had three underwater stages so far, and only the original KH actually had something worth enjoying in the mechanic, but obviously was lacking a bit.Makes you wonder what worlds will appear, though.And they had totally better release 1.5 in English. I feel like they might not... and I'd actually be disappointed =P.

Another new translation, left out the part about 1.5 since it didn't have anything new:

Should we expect that fans are brought into the Keyblade War!? In this work, all players, can become owners of the Keyblade. Earlier in "BEFORE CRISIS: FINAL FANTASY VII", Square Enix provided us with a game where everyone can become Turks; I didn't expect this.By the way, it seems to be firmly confirmed that Disney characters will appear. A video showed "Alice in Wonderland" had appeared on the screen. What other Disney characters will appear? To be honest, I was really anxious. The character designer is Monster Octopus, who made the familiar avatars from "KINGDOM HEARTS Mobile" and "THEATRHYTHM: FINAL FANTASY".
So it looks like it really is set during the Keyblade War!!!Okay, Disney characters, not a surprise. Neutral feelings on Alice in particular, hoping they include some new worlds...Mobile/Theatrhythm art...? Darn...never been a fan of that. Oh well, guess no game is perfect.

Another new translation, left out the part about 1.5 since it didn't have anything new:
Should we expect that fans are brought into the Keyblade War!? In this work, all players, can become owners of the Keyblade. Earlier in "BEFORE CRISIS: FINAL FANTASY VII", Square Enix provided us with a game where everyone can become Turks; I didn't expect this.By the way, it seems to be firmly confirmed that Disney characters will appear. A video showed "Alice in Wonderland" had appeared on the screen. What other Disney characters will appear? To be honest, I was really anxious. The character designer is Monster Octopus, who made the familiar avatars from "KINGDOM HEARTS Mobile" and "THEATRHYTHM: FINAL FANTASY".
So it looks like it really is set during the Keyblade War!!!Okay, Disney characters, not a surprise. Neutral feelings on Alice in particular, hoping they include some new worlds...Mobile/Theatrhythm art...? Darn...never been a fan of that. Oh well, guess no game is perfect.
Yeah, they had better get some new worlds... Wonderland is kinda... meh. But maybe they might include a world for Sword in the Stone, just to give us some background on Merlin. Man, a guy can wish...

I loved Wonderland, man. Most memorable world of the original game.Sword in the Stone world could probably be cool. I'd like some more of the self-contained Disney Worlds, personally. We've already introduced Julius, for instance, so we could do a world based around his movie, which would lead to evil Mickey as a boss, or something of the like.

So apparently there are trailers for KHHD and the browser game being shown at TGS--no new information, really, but still kinda makes it seem more official. Don't think anyone has been able to upload them to the internet yet, but I imagine it'll happen soon, so keep an eye out!

Yeah, I saw about ten seconds of footage of KHHD recorded with a cellphone. Bad footage, but you can tell it looks a lot better than the 10-year-old PS2 version.
Yeah, I saw that too- it seemed pretty decent. I think I'm really only going to play the Kingdom Hearts remake and not CoM- I've never been too thrilled about the cards thing. :PBut now a new question arises for the browser game- what are the enemies? Heartless aren't widespread yet, Nobodies aren't widespread either, Unversed don't exist yet, Dream Eaters only exist in the realm of sleep... So I'm guessing that a new enemy might be introduced.

I was thinking the primary enemy would be other Keyblade wielders--if there are legions of them, as a War would suggest, then there are probably enough to justify random enemy encounters. Still, a new type of creature could be nice. Guess we'll just have to see what we get...

Yep, KHHD is Final Mix, and it seems likely that we might get KH2HD, which would also probably include FM+. And possibly cutscenes from Coded and 3D and/or BBS.Although I hope this doesn't mean we won't see KH3 until 2015, if they release one KH game a year and no new ones till KH3... I just hope Versus is close to finished...Oh, and anyone else see the KH3D Play Arts? I really want to get the Grid figures, those are my favorites. And I'm incredibly glad that Play Arts figures are very affordable.Anyways, I'm still hoping for BBS Play Arts...

Edited by III. Xaldin

Skull Noise was awesome, even though it's rather weak. Most of the other keyblades in 3D were rather uninteresting, but I'm glad to see Ultima is one of the keyblades.And we might get BBS figues as KH3 figures, since I have no doubts that KH3 will also have a Play Arts line. And that game's gonna have freaking everyone.

I'm still voting for a BBS2 on the Vita, where you can play as Sora, Riku, and Kairi, and they each track down one of the guys from BBS.Anyhow, started a new KHII game yesterday (again... I feel like I've played at least one game every year), but I'm definitely going to try and go the whole hog on this one and get everything done. I was always short Fenrir and/or Fatal Crest in my previous games, so that'll change. That said, I just got beat by Axel (the first round... in the sandlot...) like three times in a row. The only thing I did different this time was prioritize defense instead of offense ;_; Clearly I'm just terrible now.Also also there's a trailer for the 1.5 HD mix... we're not gonna get it, are we?

Nomura Interview Alert!

While I'm sure few doubted it to begin with, Series Director Tetsuya Nomura mentions in this week's Famitsu Weekly interview that "it'd be unusual if there wasn't" in regards to KINGDOM HEARTS II HD!We'll have more information for you available when the interview surfaces later on!He also mentions a few other interesting pieces of information in regards to KINGDOM HEARTS 1.5 HD ReMIX! The old models of Sora and the other characters have been replaced with their updated versions from KINGDOM HEARTS 3D [Dream Drop Distance], and gameplay has been revamped to be more similar to KINGDOM HEARTS II.

Outline
- 2013 release- Retail Price TBA-Director: Tetsuya Nomura-Co-Director: Tai Yasue-Producer: Rie Nishi-Kingdom Hearts Final Mix: Japanese langage HD remaster-Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories: HD remaster of the full remake of the GBA titleETA: This means a HD remaster of the title Re:CoM, which was a full PS2 remake of the BGA title Chain of Memories-Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days: Video volume consisting of cutscenes fully remade in HD-Some of the character models have been replaced with the new ones from KH3D? KH3D aside, some characters have still had model changes-Kingdom Hearts for PC Browser will be a free to play title with purchasable items in which you adventure with your customised avatar
Interview
Some parts of the short interview with director Mr. Tetsuya Nomura. (TN: I wasn't sure whether these snippets were direct quotes or paraphrasing, so I went with third person!)-Before turning to the conclusion of the present series, the 'Seeker of Darkness Chronicles' (same as what has been called the Xehanort Chronicles up until now), he wanted to bring the whole story up until KHII together.-The two titles included as games will have trophy support. The controls in KH1 have been modified to be a little closer to the ones in KH2.-He thought about making a full remake of 358/2 Days like Re:CoM, but that would have delayed starting work on the new title, so he included it in the form of something like a theatre mode. 70% of the main story has been put to video with freshly-recorded voicing, and they are currently working on around 100 scenes.-KH for browser is not a title with an emphasis on story, but they are working in a set-up. You can enjoy the content as something completely separate from the main series. The card battling is different from Re:CoM. They are filling this title with new elements for this type of customisation-based title.-(Regarding a HD version of KH2 and up) it would be unnatural not to.-He thinks that because the series so far has been scattered over different consoles, there have been people who found it difficult to access sequels. Seeing as you will now be able to enjoy the story in HD quality right from the beginning, he would absolutely love for those who haven't played yet to do so. Even those who have already played it all may make new discoveries regarding foreshadowing and lines that reference previous lines and such. He would be happy if this title turns out to be a 'restart' for the series.

Saw that. All of it is well and good... but there's still nothing on an English release. It's good that they're going to bring people up to speed, but that doesn't help the English portion of their fanbase =P. However, design revamps to make it more like KHII are welcome indeed. For instance... SKIP SCENE. Seriously. I had to watch Riku say "it is I, Ansem, Seeker of Darkness", like ten times. Got old real fast. Treasure opening and speaking sounds like it'll be made a lot easier, too. That said, Sora's DDD outfit? *shrug*Anyhow, finally beat the Unknown and 100%'d my Trinity Archives for BBS. I should probably do Terra's and Ven's again on Critical... but I'll save that for another life. The Unknown was ridiculously hard with Terra on Proud, because he sucks so bad at dodging. Still need to play DDD on Critical too, but i'm waiting for the CPP XL.

Do they? I figure it's hard to really justify any figures for HD re-releases, because those can be skewed for a number of reasons, but you'd think for that reason Final Mixes would come over here... but they don't. It's not particularly for a financial motive (there is an argument for it, I suppose, but still), it's just something that they don't do.