I stopped following Bionicle during 2007, but a friend had kinda got me back into them. I read that The Makuta now named Teridax, possessed the body of Maxilos, and I assume other Makuta can as well. But, can a Makuta possess the deceased body of a Toa? Thanks for reading and/or posting.

vode_an.jpg

Oh okay, can the energy of a Makuta take shape and/or form an image of another being?
Makuta do have shapeshifting and illusion powers, so yes, but the Makuta would have to be in a phsical body to do so, rather than being free-floating antidermis.~B~

Oh okay, can the energy of a Makuta take shape and/or form an image of another being?
Makuta do have shapeshifting and illusion powers, so yes, but the Makuta would have to be in a phsical body to do so, rather than being free-floating antidermis.~B~
Do they all have shape shifting powers? That seems kind of cheap to be honest. I mean Matau's power is kind of like their default

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Do they all have shape shifting powers? That seems kind of cheap to be honest. I mean Matau's power is kind of like their default
They all seem too, but they can't use it nearly as freely as a Mahiki user can. For one thing, they need to actively absorb energy to shapeshift, so it can't really be done often or on a whim like Matau could do. For instance, Teridax's Ultimate Dume form was powered by his absorbing Nidhiki, Krekka, and Nivawk.~B~

They all seem too, but they can't use it nearly as freely as a Mahiki user can. For one thing, they need to actively absorb energy to shapeshift, so it can't really be done often or on a whim like Matau could do. For instance, Teridax's Ultimate Dume form was powered by his absorbing Nidhiki, Krekka, and Nivawk.~B~
No, that only applies if they need to gain mass in the transformation. In that instance, Makuta lost mass in his transformation from Titan to Turaga, so he needed to gain it back. A Mahki user cannot do transformations that increase or decrease their mass, much like Krahka. It's actually more powerful, because they can transform into things that have less or more mass than they do, it's just when they transform into something with more mass than their current form they must absorb it from something else.

No, that only applies if they need to gain mass in the transformation. In that instance, Makuta lost mass in his transformation from Titan to Turaga, so he needed to gain it back. A Mahki user cannot do transformations that increase or decrease their mass, much like Krahka.It's actually more powerful, because they can transform into things that have less or more mass than they do, it's just when they transform into something with more mass than their current form they must absorb it from something else.
So, say if a Makuta shapeshift's into the form of a toa, he would need to gain mass to shapeshift back into his original form? But can they use the voice of the being they're trying to look like (Like Turaga Dume)?
vode_an.jpg

There is something Greg stated that when a Makuta shapeshifts into a smaller form, his mass goes to a pocket dimension of sorts. That's why Teridax was able to shapeshift into a Tohunga Matoran in 01, and then was ultimate dume again in 03 (moviewise comparison) He had to absorb mass in 04 because the Toa Hagah "beat" him in a fight offscreen.

There is something Greg stated that when a Makuta shapeshifts into a smaller form, his mass goes to a pocket dimension of sorts. That's why Teridax was able to shapeshift into a Tohunga Matoran in 01, and then was ultimate dume again in 03 (moviewise comparison)He had to absorb mass in 04 because the Toa Hagah "beat" him in a fight offscreen.
Are you sure about that? In MNOG part of his mass was simply hovering in the air behind him, and moments later he re-merged with it. It wasn't in some pocket dimension. And not sure what you mean about UD.I remember Greg did say something about a pocket dimension for a shapeshifter of some kind, but I don't recall if it was specifically Makuta. Any chance of a quote on that? :)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

There is something Greg stated that when a Makuta shapeshifts into a smaller form, his mass goes to a pocket dimension of sorts. That's why Teridax was able to shapeshift into a Tohunga Matoran in 01, and then was ultimate dume again in 03 (moviewise comparison)He had to absorb mass in 04 because the Toa Hagah "beat" him in a fight offscreen.
Are you sure about that? In MNOG part of his mass was simply hovering in the air behind him, and moments later he re-merged with it. It wasn't in some pocket dimension. And not sure what you mean about UD.I remember Greg did say something about a pocket dimension for a shapeshifter of some kind, but I don't recall if it was specifically Makuta. Any chance of a quote on that? :)
Yeah, I remember something like that during the final battle scene, wasn't a swirling mass of pieces? I can't really remember, it's been so long since I've seen it.
vode_an.jpg

Yes, a swirling mass of pieces.I didn't know it was possible to forget that iconic scene. :P

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

7) If Makuta shapeshifted into smaller form, do they need to absorb new mass to become bigger?
7) No. Normally, they can retrieve their old mass, providing they have the strength to do so. In the case of LOMN, Makuta was recovering from a fierce battle and so needed to absorb others to gain mass quickly.
I don't think said battle was with the Toa Hagah, seeing as they were already in Rahaga form at the time, but maybe I just have my timing off...I think that the Makuta have the ability to send mass into a pocket dimension and retrieve it as necessary. The above quote and the scene from MNOLG seems to suggest that, but I cannot find the exact quote. Arrgh... Edited by fishers64

For the record, what I was asking was if we're sure the MNOG thing was a case of a pocket dimension since it doesn't appear that way; the extra mass was hovering behind the Matoran shape part of his mass formed. Not disputing that Makuta might be able to put mass into a pocket dimension but that doesn't seem like an example.And I am pretty sure Greg did confirm that it was a battle with the Toa Hagah (prior to becoming Rahaga) that reduced Makuta's mass to his Turaga Dume amount. The timing does seem a bit questionable, but on the other hand, Makuta did need to be the size of Dume. In fact knowing him he probably planned the battle for that reason lol, as one of his planned defeats. :shrugs:

I'd dare to say that they wouldn't use pocket dimensions, but rather just store the extra energy in antidermis form or something. MNOG uses the swirling mass of scraps as Makuta's reserve, while I guess a more normal form could just compress some of the gas internally. Sounds a lot better to me than dragging other dimensions into this; especially after Greg nixed Hammerspace for carrying equipment.

Back to the original question:From BS01:

When Matoro used his Iden to unleash his spirit, Teridax took over the Toa's body.
Makuta can posess bodies of toa, as long as the are empty and spiritless. they cannot resurrect a toa.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

No, Makuta cannot possess deceased bodies. They can only inhabit empty shells, like a robot or soul-less being.
I don't have any proof about this, but a dead body probably doesn't have it's soul anymore, so I assume a Makuta maybe could posess it. But, however, from the proof that does exist, no, no they can't.

The_Brotherhood_of_Makuta_by_Arzeron.jpg

Comply. Create. Consume.

I remember Greg saying that they can't possess corpses, actually.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

I think they can still stuff their essence into it, but they can't make it move, since that requires the body to be actually functional. Living but spiritless bodies, robots and their own specialized armors are all viable targets for motion.If they can control their own armor, which is just a hollow shell, but not corpses, I take that to mean that they need to either have functional systems to manipulate, or room to let the antidermis seep into the parts that need to move. With a dead Toa filling the inside of his own armor, the Makuta can't use it.