About the ending

I read a thread on here complaining about the implausibleness of the ending (Here http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=4052&hl=%22golden+armor%22 Off topic: how do you hide hyperlinks in words?)One of the problems described here was the problem of gravity. There were people that tried to justify the fact that for the size that SM would have to be to even support the MU robot without being crushed, it would have to have stronger gravity.I have an answer to that. Say that SM's gravity was about 5 times the amount of earth's. Wouldn't the beings living on it be adapted to such a strong gravitational force? For those people who are saying that the EP would have nulled the gravity, it didn't need too; the fact that these beings had evolved on this planet would had made them suited to this kind of gravity.Also, for the people saying stuff about the size of his head not corresponding to his body, 1: The SM inhabitants might not have had the exact same proportions as us; 2: was Mata Nui Island supposed to cover about his whole face; and 3: Metru Nui didn't take up all of its dome.However, one thing I did notice was that for any of the robots to move their foot one inch, that would have been a piece of metal double the size of Texas moving 100 km. And if any of them were to fall, that would have made a crater 100 times the size of the Barringer crater; that would have been more than enough to cause a mass extinction on the planet!

There is a lot of good reason to think the gravity strength at the surface is about as strong as Earth's. The muscle idea has been floated before, but everything else should act much more weighed down. More likely I think is my theory that the EP in the core did something to the rock to give it a gravity-absorbing power to make sure it never gets above Earth gravity.Also, the giant robots almost certainly use their artificial gravity powers to nullify any significant effects like making craters and the like.In general I think it's wisest to presume that the GBs must have thought of all these basic things. It's a machine, plus they had a prototype to work out the kinks. Their stuff does tend to go wrong, and this certainly did in many ways, but those basics are really pretty easy to solve with protodermic powers, and it's made out of protodermis.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I read a thread on here complaining about the implausibleness of the ending (Here http://www.bzpower.c...="golden armor" Off topic: how do you hide hyperlinks in words?)One of the problems described here was the problem of gravity. There were people that tried to justify the fact that for the size that SM would have to be to even support the MU robot without being crushed, it would have to have stronger gravity.I have an answer to that. Say that SM's gravity was about 5 times the amount of earth's. Wouldn't the beings living on it be adapted to such a strong gravitational force? For those people who are saying that the EP would have nulled the gravity, it didn't need too; the fact that these beings had evolved on this planet would had made them suited to this kind of gravity.Also, for the people saying stuff about the size of his head not corresponding to his body, 1: The SM inhabitants might not have had the exact same proportions as us; 2: was Mata Nui Island supposed to cover about his whole face; and 3: Metru Nui didn't take up all of its dome.
Spherus Magna doesn't have to have stronger gravity to support two giant robots. It just has to have enough mass to avoid being knocked out of orbit by them being there. Also, if EP nulled the gravity, the organisms wouldn't evolve to adapt to higher gravity, because the higher gravity wasn't there. Yes, Mata Nui was supposed to cover the entirety of Mata Nui's face, at least all the parts that stuck above water.

Also, if there was EP in the core, shouldn't it have dissolved SM from the inside? Remember: when it's not an unpredictable transformer, it's an acid pool.
It's less or more what the Great Shattering was.

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.

-- Greg Farshtey

Pretty sure the Shattering happened because people were tapping into the EP core.We do know of one substance that it doesn't destroy. It's possible it turned rock into that or something similar. However, keep in mind it was in the center, so gravity would make it (as with any other acid of enough mass) move to the center and stay there. As long as solid rock surrounded it, the rest of the planet wouldn't fall into it. Also, the Entity might have been involved in some way.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

But they weren't digging big tunnels to the center of the planet, they were just draining it from a spring of EP that forced its way to the surface, weren't they? (Maybe I'm wrong, I never got a chance to read any of the stories that described it in detail.) Besides, the actual damage to the planet itself was caused by just the fact that the EP was spreading throughout the planet, according to the BS01 Shattering page:

The event was triggered when Energized Protodermis leaked from the core of the planet to the surface. Ice Agori soon discovered the substance and its destructive properties. The other tribes soon discovered it, and what it was capable of, and began warring for its control, under the command of the Element Lords.As the war raged, the old rulers of Spherus Magna, the Great Beings, collected a sample of the liquid and discovered that its spread was causing infrastructural damage to the planet itself, and that any efforts to drain it would cause massive damage.
It was the draining that triggered the explosion, but what I don't get is how draining a liquid from a spring would cause a chain reaction that would trigger such a massive explosion.What was a sentient liquid capable of destroying a planet doing in the center of one, anyway?

What was a sentient liquid capable of destroying a planet doing in the center of one, anyway?
Ah, there's the great remaining mystery of Bionicle. ^_^As for how it could cause it, I've theorized before that it created a Zamor-like effect. As they dig down to it they weaken the rock, making it press inward. This creates pressure on the two polar regions (as in this theory the ocean and the northern forest are, though we don't know that for sure). And eventually they shoot out just like Zamor spheres.If the gravity-nulling power theory is right a malfunction to that power could also do it.