Everything gets twisted.

CeeCee

I was thinking about this earlier. You know what would be a really clever plot ending?This would have to have been done really well, and to be honest, if it was planned, it would had to have been planned from the very start of the story.But: Everything the Makuta was doing was good, and everything Mata Nui was doing was evil. There would have to be some moments where you would look back and be "Oh my dog, how did i never see this?".Every one on Mata Nui's side would not have been doing this willingly. They were willingly for-filling their destiny, but they didnt know the real reason. When the Toa / Matoran / Turaga find out, they would be conflicted over their loyalty to Mata-Nui, but their moral boundaries.Not sure if I have explained this well enough, but if I haven't or your confused, please ask me.How would you react to this, if it was done cleverly.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

I don't think this could be done. If you think of all the things the Makuta (singular or plural) did and everything Mata Nui did... well, I don't feel like listing all of the Makuta's evil deeds now, but just think about the Battle of Bara Magna. Teridax was trying to enslave, and when that failed, destroy Bara Magna. Mata Nui and his allies were fighting to save it. Now, even if the Agori and Glatorian were revealed to somehow be an orc-like always-evil race (which they clearly aren't), I could still imagine no justification for destroying their entire planet. So it would be very hard to convince me that Teridax was a good guy.Mata Nui was neglectful of the beings within him, but this cost him. He learned his lesson, atoned, and ended up risking his life for them as well as people he just met. Sounds like a good guy to me.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

It's been floated many times on here, for as long as I can remember, probably before I joined.Bottom line is, it's impossible since Greg has confirmed it false; Makuta is evil and Mata Nui is good. It could be a fun fanfic twist though (and it's probably been done :P).That said, Mata Nui had character flaws, so he wasn't perfect. And Makuta probably wasn't 100% evil.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

• 4 weeks later...

I really don't think that would work very well. as someone who is working on a story, something becomes apparent all too quickly, while the characters in the story can have any morals, and have themselves convinced they are on whatever side they believe themselves to be on, there is a clear set of morals to a "hero and a "villain". sometimes, Villains like to think they are the hero, and while maybe there goals at times seem to be heroic, the way they play them out is where there colors show.you seem to be under the assumption that it is purely the goals that dictate morality, and that my friend, is only part of the story.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

Someone posted a story like this back in 2003. If I remember correctly, it ended with Lewa, Onua and Pohatu being the only three Toa to survive the final battle with Makuta. They succeed in awakening Mata Nui, and "in a voice like tinkling bells," the Great Spirit declares that everything is right again, and the Matoran can go back to their eternal labor of building war machines used to conquer the universe. Mata Nui then kills the three remaining Toa.I remember it only because it creeped me out back when I read it as a kid. :lol:

That would be really cool if it was done. But, it would have had to be planned, as you say, and Makuta couldn't have been so entirely power-hungry, and Mata Nui couldn't have been so outlandishly good.
Well, if you look it this way, Makuta was just fulfilling his destiny, while Mata Nui was almost completely ignorant of his people's status.
99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

I would not have liked this, for a few reasons. As I believe in respecting other's opinions, I'll (try) to answer in the most un-bias way! :sigh:-Bionicle wasn't meant to be some sort of mystery where you can look back and say: "Oh my gerd... really?!?" There are a lot more plot-twists available to this.-The main goal of Bionicle was for Makuta to die and Mata-Nui to win. If Makuta was killed, and then Mata-Nui revealed that he was evil, won't this just make for a bad story ending? I mean, we all like a happy ending!

Bionicle will always be alive.

I would not have liked this, for a few reasons. As I believe in respecting other's opinions, I'll (try) to answer in the most un-bias way! :sigh:-Bionicle wasn't meant to be some sort of mystery where you can look back and say: "Oh my gerd... really?!?" There are a lot more plot-twists available to this.-The main goal of Bionicle was for Makuta to die and Mata-Nui to win. If Makuta was killed, and then Mata-Nui revealed that he was evil, won't this just make for a bad story ending? I mean, we all like a happy ending!
Who's saying it wouldnt be a happy ending?

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

I've thought about this before... But honestly, due to the actions Teridax performed, I don't see how it would happen. -Enslaving Matoran-Putting them to sleep in Metru Nui-Killing-etc.However if you're saying what if the story was written in such a way that would give us all a "What..." kind of reaction, that would be interesteing. Awkward... Albeit interesting. It would be quite the shock to find out Mata Nui was the ultimate evil lol. - Taka

BZPChat

I think it would be funny it teaches you to have an opened mind, and to look at things from a different perspective, But I do think that some things might have to have been different (which I think agrees with what you said Alterego).

Edited by light Laser

If wise man uses words, and strong man hits things, a wise strong man hits words.

Wait that doesn't seem right.

lhikan_banner.png