Mangai Wyvern

Black Six

tn_gallery_250_82_85123.jpg

The Mangai Wyvern was created for BrickFair's fire theme. I was initially going for something more avian, like a phoenix, but I somehow ended up with a dragon. Can't say I'm completely pleased with how it turned out, but I didn't quite have the pieces or the inspiration to improve it. The logic behind the color scheme was to keep the core red and have it get lighter as you went to its extremities. I wish I had been able to work a little orange in, but I think it looks alright.Here's the description from the MOC card with a little fictional backstory:

A Rahi dragon native to Ta-Wahi, the Mangai Wyvern roosts within the active volcano. It can be very dangerous, but thankfully sightings are rare.
tn_gallery_250_82_205935.jpgtn_gallery_250_82_187687.jpgtn_gallery_250_82_34568.jpg

All the images are also in my BrickFair 2012 gallery.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Clever use of the rod piece and the Furno helmet. The colors are also pretty good. A complaint of mine's is that the legs look too short to support the body but other than that, great job on this!
The legs are actually longer than they look, they're just folded up under the body. I didn't take any pics of the underside though because it's not very pretty. :P

I like it. Its nice and fiery. the lightening effect seems to have worked well. now what would be really cool is to make all the shells translucent, that way it would look like it was on fire..... or something.... you get what I mean.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group