Evanescence

Nescent

Meh. Evanescence is kinda... Idk. I used to like them more than I do now. There new songs just don't feel the same.

Nuparu's BoomBoxor is temporarily out of commission (been infected by some malware & whatnot, curse those anonymous russian bots). I guess I'll get around to putting it back up eventually. Maybe when Templar finally get around to re-doing the soundtrack to MNOG.

@The ChangeAmy Lee could probably succeed solo, but Evanescence would be nothing without her. Nor could it be anything without the rest of the band... @ The Assassin ArcherYes, very gloomy indeed, which I love. Their newest album seems less dark though. Eh. @Laughin'ManYes she does. And I disagree about them being generic. The drummer has some unique tactics, Amy plays piano in most of their music, and there are some distinguishable sounds in most of their music. @WolvenYes, they released it on the 13th. It's called Evanescence (creative right?), but it's much more like The Open Door than Fallen, so you may not like it.

IetTsFQ.png

They're one of Cryoshell's main influences, Cryoshell's first/newest album is called Cryoshell, and Evanescance's new album is called Evanescance. :| I like their music, but I hate it when people call Bring Me To Life Wake Me Up Inside.

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

to catch them is my real test

to train them is my cause

They're one of Cryoshell's main influences, Cryoshell's first/newest album is called Cryoshell, and Evanescance's new album is called Evanescance. :|

Funny, my iPod just played Creeping in My Soul followed directly by Bring Me to Life. I guess even iTunes recognizes the similarity. :P

cholslegofursig.png

Latest MOC:

Ol' Dusty

They're one of Cryoshell's main influences, Cryoshell's first/newest album is called Cryoshell, and Evanescance's new album is called Evanescance. :|

and Metallica's fifth album was called Metallica and Threat Signal's new album is called Threat Signal and Killswitch Engage has had two albums called Killswitch Engage, and.. etc. Self-titled albums are nothing new. anyway I gave a listen to some of the songs off their new album for the heck of it. aside from the vocals absolutely nothing stood out as above-average, but oh well.

anyway I gave a listen to some of the songs off their new album for the heck of it. aside from the vocals absolutely nothing stood out as above-average, but oh well.

Yeah, it was quite disappointing. Hopefully they'll release a new album that sounds more like their older stuff. EDIT: Listening through the album, Erase This and Oceans seem particularly good. Edited by Jeordeon

IetTsFQ.png

Am I the only one who thought Fallen was simple and childish? The songwriting was way too hopeless. It was like every song had the same "I'm suffering all by myself. The End" theme. While The Open Door on the other hand was much more musically mature and had a diverse sound. Each song had a different inspiration and story, but they all had a similar "I've suffered, but I'm gonna find a way out" theme. The new album is... good, but disappointing. The songs I enjoy the least are Never Go Back, Lost In Paradise and Erase This. I love slow, complex songs with many different layers. Each time you listen to it you notice something new. That's something this album lacked, in my not so humble opinion. You could find this on The Open Door, but other than on Swimming Home, Oceans and The Change, this album lacked uniqueness. Not to mention that the piano on the album was way too simple and dull. Hello and Good Enough both featured spectacular piano, but now the piano we're left with is on the intro of My Heart Is Broken. Disappointing. However, the vocals and drums both delivered an amazing performance this time around. I'm so happy to see these two departments develop and flourish. Anyhow, those were my two cents.

tumblr_n3nqpzvUrQ1qlzuomo1_500.gif

I loved Fallen, but I've not heard anything else except "What You Want". Was thinking of buying the new album from Walmart, but it seems like it's not worth it...?

xinlo-small.gif

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

I'll sample a few tracks before I go spend $16

:P

xinlo-small.gif

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

The deluxe is what I was planning to buy anyway, so yeah. I just hate that its cardboard case is so thin... makes it look odd in my CD stand.

:P And I'll check those out, thanks.

xinlo-small.gif

E8c8QpP.jpg