500x_greatnews_2011_bmw_x3.jpgThe Dacia Sandero is available with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution!
2jevkie.jpgMoving on...Anyway, I take it you watch Top Gear too? If so then awesome.Now, for random facts that just barely skim the surface of what actually happened.-Lamborghini was made because Ferrari was being a total ####.-The Ford GT was made because Ferrari was being a total ####.I see a pattern here :P.

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

500x_greatnews_2011_bmw_x3.jpgThe Dacia Sandero is available with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution!
2jevkie.jpgMoving on...Anyway, I take it you watch Top Gear too? If so then awesome.Now, for random facts that just barely skim the surface of what actually happened.-Lamborghini was made because Ferrari was being a total ####.-The Ford GT was made because Ferrari was being a total ####.I see a pattern here :P.
Of course I do!-Due to strict regulations, the Morgan Threewheeler is not available in Canada

Awesome. By the way, wasn't that the same car Hammond had as his track day car in the latest season (I only know about a few Morgan cars)?-The Pontiac Fiero was the only GM car to be mid-engined.-SAAB frequently disobeyed GM.-The first car with a modern layout (for it's controls) was a Cadillac.-Shelby Super Cars (the company) has no relation to Carrol Shelby (the racer and mustang tuner).-In 1955 at Le Mans the deadliest accident in all of racing occurred, killing 83 audience members and injuring 200 more when one of the cars was launched into the audience.

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

The original jingles for BBC Radio 1 were stolen from a pirate station name of Radio London!! They just changed the words! You only have to compare the two sets to see where I'm getting at. I think Radio London got their jingles off a station in Dallas, but I'm not sure where....

~ CHTrilogy

Because everyone would buy a Dacia Sandero. Everyone, if everyone is Captain Slow.Actually, shrinking frogs exist.
It's called a paradoxical frog, it's tadpole is larger than the frog.

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

Because everyone would buy a Dacia Sandero. Everyone, if everyone is Captain Slow.Actually, shrinking frogs exist.
It's called a paradoxical frog, it's tadpole is larger than the frog.
Well, the translations comes from Wikipedia. Actually, it's called "paradoxical" in my mother-tongue.Charlie Chaplin had been once refused at a contest. It was a contest for Charlie Chaplin doubles.

Might as well get into some philosophy.-Frederich Nietzsche never would have endorsed Nazi ideology and strongly disliked anti-semites (refusing to attend his sister's wedding because she and her spouse were anti-semites), anti-semite writings were later added to his manuscripts when his sister inherited his work after his death and these "additions" were removed back to their original state by Walter Kaufmann.-Soren Kierkegaard proposed the "Knight of Faith" who is essentially a religious version of the "Ubermensch" proposed by Nietzsche.-There are no written works of Socrates, all we know of him is what Plato wrote of him (and even then people tend to debate what is actually Socrates and what is something Plato merely attributed to him).-Socrates taught Plato who taught Aristotle who at least mentored Alexander the Great.-The concept of the Ubermensch inspired the comic hero Superman (or so I am told).-The Matrix is essentially an analogy for Plato's Cave.Now for war stuff.-The F22 Raptor was/still is planned to be armed with a functional laser, the laser is not visible to the human eye and needs to be coordinate based.-US infantry man Audie Murphy in World War 2 became the most decorated US soldier in US history, doing everything from defeating a german ambush to holding off hundreds of Germans (on a burning vehicle that could have exploded at any moment). He later became an actor and Hollywood thought it would be nice to make a movie about him. He actually told them to make it less like it was in real life because he thought no one would believe the actual reality. He was also about 5'5 and was sick when he did these things.-A British Pilot during the Battle of Britain was about to jump out of his burning plane until he saw the German that shot him down and remembered the inspiring words of Churchill and climbed back into the cockpit (which was on fire), shot down the German (while on fire) and then allowed himself to bail out, when he was rescued his wrist had melted.-Adolf Hitler refused to allow the use of chemical warfare because he considered it "too horrific" (he was blinded in WW1 when hit with a chemical weapon, though he obviously got better).-HMS Hood was supposed to be refitted with better armor before it's fatal duel with Bismark (which ended with the destruction of Hood).-USS Johnston took on a Japanese ship 6 times it's size and won, later in the battle (the Battle off of Samar) a 6-inch shell stuck the bridge where Captain Ernest Evans was, and the most it did to him was blow his clothes off.-Robert E. Lee would not tolerate any negative things said about Ulysses S. Grant in his presence.Cars-Some SAAB models can be dropped directly on their roofs without collapsing.-There was a SAAB car that was made without a steering wheel (it had something of joystick instead).-AMC was the original maker of the Jeep before being bought by Chrysler, they also made a classic American Muscle car known as the Javelin.-The 1987 Buick GNX could beat a Ferrari 288 GTO to 60 mph.

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

Fun fact; General John Sedwick was killed when he looked over to the enemy trenches, and said to inspire his troops, "they couldn't hit an elephant at this dist-". He was cut off when an enemy sniper put a bullet into his head.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

It's actually not certain whether he was cut off during that or not. It's popular to say so, but there's no proof that that's actually what happened.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Well, regardless of whether or not he was cut off, he was shot by the enemy, so his inspiring words, cut off or no, were less inspiring than he hoped.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

I can just imagine the follow-up to that.Gen. Sedgwick: "They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!" *shot*Soldier: "Shame you're not an elephant."

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Warfare, during the 1800s' and leading up to the First World War, was so controlled on who was allowed to be killed in combat and what buildings were allowed to be destroyed, that you could actually sit on the sidelines of a battle and watch it happen, without fear of being killed(although, a little distance off.). This was shown throughout the American Civil War, where only Military units or targets were killed or destroyed, and nothing else was touched. Sadly, during World War One, this was tossed out the window, and civilians fell into the line of fire again.

WIP

Lego used to make non-licensed gamesOn this very day, Harry potter got about 40 invitation lettres from hogwarts (when he was 10)Before they executed William Wallace, he was eviscerated and they burned his intestines right before his eyesThis afternoon i was realising that I can't imagine how toa Gali would be; due to the sterile voice she had in MOLKanohi Hau mistika is horrible and with zero expression

TheSkeletonMan939, Twister92, SPIRIT and Gatanui are awesome for uploading soundtracks and games and stuff.

• The original game of "Monopoly" was circular. ...

• The average human eats 8 spiders in their lifetime at night.....

• Shakespeare invented the word "assassination" and "bump."....

• Only female mosquitoes bite.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:I am the Master of Useless Facts.

8 spiders is to low an estimate. spiders love dark and damp places. shakespere also created "into thin air". for the mosquitoes, thank goodness.

Yes, because spiders totally climb into people's mouths. Really, they're practically waltzing in at night, all that spit and warmth emanating from there. They line up to take rides there. Because that's not something natural selection would rid of a species.Fact: No one actually knows where that spider myth started. People suspect that Snopes just intentionally started it, and no one bothered to check where Snopes had busted it from.

voidstars.png

When the (former) planet pluto was discovered, many americans were opposed to it's name, for "pluto" was a laxitive brand.Michael Phelps' trainer has been Phelps' coach since he started swimming.ferrets and wolverines are related, both being mustidlae, along with skunks, weasels, and honey badgers. Even though he doesn't care.Without the moon, the earth would be tilted on it's axis much like uranis.The planet uranis is also the roman version of oranos(father sky in greek mythology), the husband/son of geae, mother earth. This effectivly makes kronos his own uncle.Stephen hawking said that the equalizer (the machine that enables him to speek) makes him sound "american".In every star wars movie, Yoda has a different number of toes.the name for gold is derived from golios, the old english name for yellow.

Somehow I don't think that the moon exerts that much gravitational pull, seeing as Venus and Mercury have no known moons and their axis's aren't skewed. That, and gravity doesn't work like that.

voidstars.png

A few language facts:"Flour" was spelled "flower" until about 1830.Verbs and most nouns in Semitic languages have "roots" that consist only of consonants (called "radicals"). Most of these roots consist of three consonants.Spanish has almost half the number of words as English. This is partially due to the amount of Latin-derived words in English. For instance, Spanish has only "tarde," while English has "late" (Germanic) and "tardy" (Latinate, obviously).There are languages that indicate the source of a speaker's knowledge on an event within the verb that describes the event; note that this differs from English "I know that" or "I heard that." This is called evidentiality and is as much a part of the verb as tense.

Yes, because spiders totally climb into people's mouths. Really, they're practically waltzing in at night, all that spit and warmth emanating from there. They line up to take rides there. Because that's not something natural selection would rid of a species.
You are aware that the "too low an estimate" thing was a joke, right? Because your sarcasm says that, but you last sentence doesn't. man774 just didn't sell it very well; he glossed over most of the buildup. (Either that or he thought it was true.)~ BioGio Edited by BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

Yeah, I know it was a joke. I forgot the "totally not something natural selection would rid of a species". The totally really sells that I'm being sarcastic.

voidstars.png

It was pretty clear you were being sarcastic, but even a sarcastic final sentence would have made the whole thing come across as reacting a bit strongly (and with a bit too much of a practical tone) to a silly joke.Whatever.Here's something rather funny in a slightly dark way: During the 1980s, there was an appetite-suppressing candy whose sales dropped as much as 50% during just a few years--despite its very strong sales from the 1970s into the mid-80s. The reason for the sudden drop? It's name--Ayds.~ BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

-Harper Lee, the author off the acclaimed Deppression-era novel, "To Kill a Mockingbird" is a descendant of Robert E. Lee through her father, Amasa Coleman Lee.

I

___warned

__________you

______________about

____________________the

_______________________stairs

____________________________bro

99041.png

Somehow I don't think that the moon exerts that much gravitational pull, seeing as Venus and Mercury have no known moons and their axis's aren't skewed. That, and gravity doesn't work like that.
I guess i should have mentioned it would take a couple hundred million years.emprer palpatine was named after a new york politician.THe guy from burn notice is awesome. But everyone knows that.THe revolutionary war was the first war when military officers were targeted. By the patriots, of course.A man's beard will lose color after his hair on the top of his head.Adam savage, from mythbusters, has sleep apnea.George washington prevented the american soldiers from starting another revolutionary war against congress simply by putting on his glasses and reading a soeach.

...Gravity still doesn't work that way. You can't just add time to the recipe and expect it to work.I may be mistaken (and if I am, someone be sure to correct me), but it's not like the Earth is topsided or anything. The only real main source of gravitational influence is the sun, and the way the Earth's axis is set up, each side gets about the same gravity as the Earth does its pass around our star. If one side gets, say, pulled a bit off, it gets corrected the next season. And even that I'm not sure is right, as I've never heard of the axis of the Earth shifting through the seasons. Most likely the Earth's axis doesn't change noticeably enough, so if the Sun itself can't make an effect, I doubt our much smaller but admittedly much closer moon could.Besides, it, again, assumes the Earth is top heavy, which it isn't, and exists in a Newtonian environment (I.E., like a globe here on Earth). Planets don't quite operate on the same level.

voidstars.png

...Gravity still doesn't work that way. You can't just add time to the recipe and expect it to work.I may be mistaken (and if I am, someone be sure to correct me), but it's not like the Earth is topsided or anything. The only real main source of gravitational influence is the sun, and the way the Earth's axis is set up, each side gets about the same gravity as the Earth does its pass around our star. If one side gets, say, pulled a bit off, it gets corrected the next season. And even that I'm not sure is right, as I've never heard of the axis of the Earth shifting through the seasons. Most likely the Earth's axis doesn't change noticeably enough, so if the Sun itself can't make an effect, I doubt our much smaller but admittedly much closer moon could.Besides, it, again, assumes the Earth is top heavy, which it isn't, and exists in a Newtonian environment (I.E., like a globe here on Earth). Planets don't quite operate on the same level.
You're right. As far as I remember of my Science studies.In the "Happy Days" series, The Fonz wasn't meant to be the main character, but only a secondary figure.

No, he rather specifically said "on it's side like Uranus", which has it's axis on its side, the only planet in the solar system like that btw. Scientists are still confused as to how that happened; it's a really interesting topic, actually. If the Earth could do that without our relatively small moon, there wouldn't be a mystery as to why Uranus is like that. Or at least, not such a big one.

Edited by Game Master Alex Humva

voidstars.png

Well I heard that the currently prevailing theory is that Uranus was hit by an asteroid or some other large object. Sure it is a gas giant, but it could have done it in a less obvious way.-Anyway, I heard that the "old" solar system (after all the space debris inside of the Kuiper Belt fused together presumably) was said to originally contain 30 planets or so which all fused into the 8 planets we know of today. Earth in this age was 10 times smaller then it currently is. Note that I got this from a documentary, but I do not remember the name.-If one were to include the dwarf planets in the Solar System's overall planet count, then we would have 11 planets.-Time is not universally constant, it is relative, and tends to be uneven in certain locations in the Universe.-Andromeda is at least 50,000 light years larger then the Milky Way.-The first extra-solar planet was discovered in 1995.

Edited by Proud Stigma

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

A few things;

• While it is true the current theory is that Uranus was struck by an asteroid, it's basically our best hunch at the moment. It's less "yeah, big rock hit it" and more "well, if a big rock hit it, it'd do it". This comes from our general lack of detailed data about it, though future space probes should be able to shed some further light on it.
  • If one were to count all the dwarf planets, we'd have many more than eleven. We're taking hundreds of small Pluto-sized planetoids in the asteroid and Kuiper belts. There's some even as large as our own moon. The reason they cut Pluto from the nine planets is because they kept on finding more and more Pluto-like objects, until they realized at this rate kids would be learning the 29 or 27 or 54 planets of the solar system.

voidstars.png

^ The praying mantis one is a myth. It came from that behaviour being seen in captivity, but once an experiment was set up with hidden cameras in natural environments, the female bit the male's head off only once out of about 70 cases, and even then it had nothing to do with the mating process.

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

Indeed you are right, I was looking at something about a couple other dwarf planets most commonly mentioned, hence me listing it as 11. To be quite honest, we actually don't know the actual number of planets in the Solar System at this moment, but because the criterion for what a planet is is now relevant.-There is a criterion that an object needs to meed for it to be declared a planet, and so I am told they are;1-A diameter of at least 2000 km.2-Stable due to it's own gravity.3-Must be dominate in it's immediate neighborhood.Note that all of these require that you are orbiting the sun, or a star. Most Dwarf planets (such as Pluto) failed the last requirement.-Pluto (and indeed quite a few other dwarf planets like Eris) would actually be considered planets if they were in "clear orbits".On another note, here is some stuff, if you want to find out more (or complain or object about the article points listed here) then you can find the lists at their websites (I am not in the mood to argue about them).8 Simple Questions You Won't Believe Science Can't Answer1-How gravity works2-The true length of any coastline.3-How many species of animals exist.4-How to beat Solitaire.5-How a bicycle works.6-Why ice is slippery.7-How many planets are in our solar system.8-Why we sleep.@rahkshi guurahk: I actually don't consider the facts useless, I just post whatever I find interesting, no matter how useful.

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

We know quite well how bicycles work (seriously, I'm not even a high school graduate and I know how a bike works; the kinetic energy conveyed by your feet are put into the pedals, which turn a chain, which in turn, turns wheels. Basic Newtonian physics), and we know what sleep does, just not all the details. It's more dreams science scratches its head at and goes "eeeeerm, uh, beats me."

voidstars.png