Again, if you have an objection, then please direct it to the article. However, I will point out that your answer indicates that you did not actually read the article, nothing that you mentioned is what the article meant and those headers are talked about with greater specifics (and depth) in the article (the stuff you mentioned about bikes was not what the article was referring to, for example).Anyway.-Saying and then trying to argue/"prove" that "philosophy is useless" is actually a paradox (you have to use philosophy to try and say it is useless).-Scientists say that this era of the Universe (as they call it, "The Era of Stars") seems to be the only era of the universe worth living in, and possibly the only one it is possible to live in.-A possible fate for the universe is something called "Heat Death" where there would technically still be matter in the universe but there is no heat and all the stars are long dead with no hope of revival, and it ends up very cold and very dark.-In philosophy there is something called a Philosophical Zombie, which is indistinguishable from an actually existing human being other then that it does not actually exist.

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

If you're talking about how you stay upright on a bike, it's the little turns that you do with the handlebars that keep you from falling over. It's not, as is often told, the wheels acting as gyroscopes.If you were riding a bicycle that couldn't steer, you would fall over unless you could keep your weight balanced to an absurd degree.Also if yer gonna post something, don't just post some vague thing then direct us elsewhere to clarify. One long, detailed fact is more interesting than 20 copy-and-pasted tidbits.

Edited by Bfahome

OpAXNpl.jpg

Yes, specifics are pretty cool.I'm just say'n, a bike works on pretty basic Newtonian physics all around.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Actually, there was an article in a magazine I read a while back about sleep that basically describes dreams as being part of the mind's way of making sense from recent input and filing stuff away, effectively, while weaving together various things into more coherent forms. Yeah, not a very precise or scientific way of putting it, but that was the gist of the article. Dreams are also tied to the creative process.

6-Why ice is slippery.
Isn't that at least partly due to some liquid water along the surfaces of ice (which may be caused by pressure, if the ice is stepped on or something similar)?~B~ Edited by Ballom

While we may have many ideas about dreams, scientists can't agree on them. For instance, the theory I heard that was accepted by a lot of scientists was that dreams (or REM sleep, if you insist) are how the mind stores long term memory. It's not so much we don't have an idea about what dreams do, it's that no one can agree on just one or two. So I troll and agree with them all. :P

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

since we are on philosophy:there is quite literally philosophy in almost everything. be it religion, books, or even in everyday life.and i love the matrix that much more for being an amazing example of that. regardless on my opinions of Plato.Even bzp has it's own philosophy.i blame my philosophy class for that short rant.and, while i,m here...8 Simple Questions You Won't Believe Science Can't Answer1-How gravity works it can answer that, i'ts still a theory because it doesnt work the same way on a subatomic level.2-The true length of any coastline. measure it?3-How many species of animals exist. fine on that one 4-How to beat Solitaire. that's not a science question.5-How a bicycle works. gyroscope6-Why ice is slippery. ice fresh out of the freezer isnt it's the melting water.7-How many planets are in our solar system. we may not know at this time.8-Why we sleep. to recharge, give our minds a break.science can answer every single one of those questions, we just need to find them.if you want to put your mind through a blender, try researching time, that one gave me a headache. but it's quite interesting.

Edited by Wheeljack

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

Fair enough, I shall keep that in mind for the future. As for the points itself, there was more to them then what I had listed, though I will put the details for articles in the future, assuming I decide to do it again.But that is kind of what I love about Philosophy is that it is everywhere and allows for so much freedom in what you do with it. Anyway, time for philosophy trivia.-Bertrand Russel and his student, Ludwig Wittgenstein, frequently contemplated suicide.-The belief of Ignosticism has been around for at least 2500 years, first dating back to an Ancient Greek philosopher named Xenophanes. Ludwig Wittgenstein would later hold this belief along with others.-Some theorize that Plato's Republic was never actually meant to be put into practice, rather that it was merely an exorcise for Plato to explore Political Philosophy.-Most of the ideas used by America's Founding Fathers were based on the work of British political philosopher John Locke.-Immanuel Kant believed in a strict objective morality, one point was that one should never lie. Some thought he took it to an extreme when he supposedly said you would be obligated to tell the truth to an axe murderer kindly asking where your children were so he could murder them. However I believe he also said that you are also in the moral clear if you lock the door and don't answer.-Rene Descartes was on a dutch boat while traveling when a couple crew members recognized him and thought it would be profitable for them to steal his things (or was it murder him? I forget the details but it involved profiting from an act of misfortune brought upon him by them), unfortunately for them Rene actually knew some dutch at this point in his life and immediately drew his saber and threatened them to abandoned their plans, he was successful.-Bundle Theory is a philosophical theory that says that only properties of objects exist, but not the object itself, along with that reality is nothing but sensory data with nothing really there except what your brain has pieced together from the data, or something like that.

Edited by Proud Stigma

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

Yeah, it's amazing how many of the ideas that were used in the founding of America were British, though in retrospect, it makes since, because the guys were, well, British.Fun fact; a petabyte (1000 terabytes, for those unfamiliar with SI units) could hold 11.7 years of HD video. Some people theorize it'd be impossible to fill up (for the average user), but I imagine we'll figure out a way. I imagine Windows 20 or whatever we'll be on by then will take up a terabyte or two by itself.

Edited by Game Master Alex Humva

voidstars.png

^ The praying mantis one is a myth. It came from that behaviour being seen in captivity, but once an experiment was set up with hidden cameras in natural environments, the female bit the male's head off only once out of about 70 cases, and even then it had nothing to do with the mating process.
No its real type "praying matis bites head off" on ####### and it should come up

^ The praying mantis one is a myth. It came from that behaviour being seen in captivity, but once an experiment was set up with hidden cameras in natural environments, the female bit the male's head off only once out of about 70 cases, and even then it had nothing to do with the mating process.
No its real type "praying matis bites head off" on ####### and it should come up
No, he's right. The whole head-biting thing only happens because sticking two predators in a confined space and shining bright lights at them is not conducive to a happy relationship. They get on better in the wild where head-biting is rare. Not unheard of, but rare.Its like with pandas, sort of. Can't get them to mate in captivity because there's all kinds of ritual and practices they go through in the wild which we're only just beginning to understand that captivity simply doesn't allow them to do. Its not purely that they don't feel like it

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Electrons can teleport.Gary Oldman played a dwarf in the movie "Tip Toes.""O'clock" is a contraction for "of the clock."Eratosthenes, a Greek mathemetician, calculated the circumference of the earth without even leaving Egypt in 240 BC. His calculation was within 2% of the Earth's actual circumference.The Earth doesn't have a circumference since it's not a sphere.You can make a solar cell with blueberries.The person that has been hunting the Loch Ness monster his entire life finally snapped a photo that is undeniable proof of its existence.http://doubtfulnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/nessie803.jpgThomas Crapper, contrary to popular belief, did not invent the flush toilet, but rather the Ballcock, the mechanism which refills the tank during the flush.-SK

Edited by XII. Larxene

The person that has been hunting the Loch Ness monster his entire life finally snapped a photo that is undeniable proof of its existence.http://doubtfulnews....8/nessie803.jpg
That doesn't look an awful lot like undeniable proof to me. Undeniable proof would be, among other things, detailed.Also, as the Earth is an oblate spheroid, it is generally agreed that its circumference refers to its circumference at the equator. If you want to be picky it has an infinite number of circumferences (guess it isn't circumferi, then. That's disappointing), though I suppose you could cut that in half considering that the circumference at 1 N latitude is pretty much the same as the circumference at 1 S latitude. That is, of course, if you simplify matters and measure it as simply as possible, not worrying yourself about mountains and suchwhat.For a useless fact of my own, suchwhat is not accepted by Google Chrome as a real word. "innit" is accepted as a real word. I'm not sure how to feel about innit, but suchwhat should definitely be a word.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Very slightly. So slight that it took satellites and very shiny computers to notice it.If you're talking about the shape of the earth in rather more general terms, however, it is an oblate spheroid.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Thanks for reminding me.Windows operating systems follow a simple cycle in terms of quality. Every other operating system is a disaster.-Windows 95 was terrible.-Windows 98 was good.-Windows ME was terrible.-Windows XP was good.-Windows Vista was terrible.-Windows 7 is good.-Windows 8 was apparently coded by interns.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

13.7-million year radiation from the Big Bang (theory) can be seen on any analog television. This is known as static.
Well yeah. Everything you see is from the Big Bang. It's just passed through various stages of being to get to the way it is now.

OpAXNpl.jpg

-Weird Al Yankovic, although vegatarian, still enjoys the occasional Twinkie Wiener Sandwich.-There is another measurement for measuring apertures, T-number (determining the transmission of light), instead of F.(determining the ratio of the focal length of a lens to the pupil of entering light)-Yesterday was International Toyota AE86 Day.-People living in Ontario use bags of milk.-The Sandwich was actually named for a Sandwich person.-Bees hum in the tune of B flat.

Specifically, the sandwich is believed to have been invented by John Montagu, the 4th Earl of Sandwich. Depending on who you ask, it was either invented because he didn't have time for full meals while working, or because he didn't have time for full meals while gambling.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Thanks for reminding me.Windows operating systems follow a simple cycle in terms of quality. Every other operating system is a disaster.-Windows 95 was terrible.-Windows 98 was good.-Windows ME was terrible.-Windows XP was good.-Windows Vista was terrible.-Windows 7 is good.-Windows 8 was apparently coded by interns.
Some people say the same about the Star Trek films.

~ CHTrilogy

Well, either way, he was busy doing something, slapped some meat between some bread, got his munch on, and made history.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

-The Japanese word "kawaii" means "cute", however "kawai" means "scary". Remember that the next time a weaboo asks and they say the latter instead of the former (the former has a longer vowel sound).-In Detroit, having a Japanese car in the 80s would usually result in the headlights being smashed when it was parked (depending on where you parked it).-Oldsmobile was America's oldest car company, and among the oldest in the world (I believe it was the third oldest overall), GM closed Oldsmobile in 2002.-Peugot is the oldest car company in history.-The commonly used anime art style was actually based on Disney animation.

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

-In Detroit, having a Japanese car in the 80s would usually result in the headlights being smashed when it was parked (depending on where you parked it).
No love for the Toyota AE86? Aw maaan!-The original Apple computer cost $666.66-The Scion FR-S' "86" refers to the size of the engine bores (86x86)-Canadians can wait 15 years to import cars from Europe without emission regulations, hence the R32 Skylines running around Toronto.-It takes about the real world equivelent of 6 times the circumfrence of Earth's worth of walking to crash Minecraft's chunk generator.-Flipped text does not display in BBCode (i.e if you copy and paste flipped text into the reply box, it will come out as code)-Wayne Knight has once been pulled over by a cop only for the cop to say "Hello, Newman." Edited by SgtPanda

- On average, Canadians eat more Kraft Macaroni And Cheese than Americans- It is considered impolite to ask someone if they speak English in Quebec- M*A*S*H had the most watched TV show finale in history.- The Hong Kong government is technically a state government, however China somehow decides things.- The V8 found in a Corvette has been produced for 50 years.

• 2 weeks later...

Three of the four members of "The Young Ones" - Rik Mayall, Nigel Planer and Christopher Ryan (but not Ade Edmondson) - voiced the Chimpanzee beneficiaries of Sandy's undersea treedome in the Spongebob Squarepants episode "Chimps Ahoy".Rik also voiced King Arthur in King Arthur's Disasters!

~ CHTrilogy